Ideal Wedding Photography for the Modern Couple

Located in beautiful San Diego, California, Paul Douda Photography is your one stop shop for all of your photography needs. We service all of San Diego County including San Diego proper, East County, North County. We also service Temecula and Orange County. After 14 years, Paul has honed his craft, and can articulate a distinct voice for every wedding he is privileged enough to be a part of. Paul’s has a true knack for evoking the rawness of every event, and prides himself on his ability to tell a story in his photography. Standing at 6’6″, “tall Paul” can pretty much capture every angle you could possibly imagine!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

3317 Niblick Dr, La Mesa, CA San Diego County, North County, Temecula, Orange County (619) 456-1417
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Ryan H

Paul was fantastic. He was very professional and made us feel very comfortable. He would drop us into locations that nobody would think of and the photos came out fantastic. He truly does have an eye for photography. Thanks for the incredible engagement shoot, Paul!

Reviewed on 4/06/2018 Danielle C

Paul was absolutely AMAZING! He was so responsive to every email and question we had. On the actual day of our wedding, he showed up an hour early at our same-day request (bridezilla moment), and he staid an hour after he was supposed to leave! Not to mention that he knew... Read More exactly what to do, coordinating the family and wedding party photos was a breeze, he got the perfect backgrounds, and he knew how to direct everyone so the positioning was perfect. It was very evident that he has done many weddings and that he's an absolute professional!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Veronica R

When you are searching for a wedding photographer, typically the first thing you look for is quality. When it comes to documenting one of the biggest days of your life, you absolutely do not want to gamble with the quality of the images you will have to document that day. The... Read More next attribute you likely look for is cost. Most couples have a fairly strict budget to adhere to and cost is a significant factor when it comes to choosing a vendor. Paul meets (and exceeds!) the mark in regards to quality and he offers a number of packages to fit a variety of needs and budgets. I've worked with him both personally and professionally and he is such fun to work with. He has a gift when it comes to nervous and/or camera shy individuals and engages with every subject to ensure that he delivers the best images possible. I cannot recommend Paul enough for any photography need and can guarantee that it won't be a choice you'll regret.

Reviewed on 3/04/2018 Dax P

My fiancé and I had an amazing time during our engagement shoot. Paul and Crystal were easy to work with and were extremely professional throughout the process. We have no idea what we’re doing in the world of photography so having someone you can trust completely is crucial.... Read More The pictures came out amazing and we’ll be contacting them when our wedding date approaches. 10/10 I would highly recommend them for your engagement and wedding pictures.

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Shakira U

Paul did my brother's wedding photos which I absolutely loved. When it came time for my wedding, I knew who I wanted to capture my big day! Paul was such a pleasure to work with! We had a very small backyard wedding. He was able to work with us to figure out logistics since... Read More everything was happening in the same small space. He even helped with pinning on the boutonnieres. My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of the camera but Paul put us at ease and he was able to capture beautiful shots that I will treasure forever! Thank you Paul for capturing the beautiful moments on our special day!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Jillian C

When I first responded to Paul’s mini session add i wasn’t sure what to expect, usually a $150 shoot with a great photographer has got to be too good to be true! Well after inquiring some more and absolutely bothering the heck out of him and his wife with my need of assurance... Read More that he would really be there, it was like a dream when we got to the location! Not only did he have a great vision for what he wanted to give us as a product, but he was the most genuine and personable guy when we finally met him! His wife (who does video) came along and she was so sweet, they laughed with us and we ended up having a blast! I don’t think my fiancé nor myself knew what a memorable time we’d have when we first agreed on our couch that we should do this! I want to personally thank Paul and Crystal for their work as well, we got to look at the final product in such a timely manor that I was shocked and the quality of the shots SHOCKED me!! They have gone above and beyond what I could have ever thought possible and made these pictures more special and memorable with their presence, 100/100 would recommend. We will definitely be using them again!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Caitlin S

Paul is absolutely amazing. He captured so many beautiful memories that my Husband and I will have forever. He has a great personality and fit right into the day making everyone feel comfortable. I would HIGHLY recommend Paul to anyone looking for a photographer. He has a... Read More gift!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Tommaso S

Paul did a great job and was very flexible with the timing and with our creative photo requests. The photos came out great and he was very easy to talk with. Very solid photographer.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Avery B

Paul was absolutely amazing. His photos captured our special moment in a way words can't describe. The colors were so vibrant and beautiful and his ability to capture the true fun and love of the day is incredible. We are still getting compliments on our photos from the wedding... Read More and engagement shoot weeks later. His wife Crystal is wonderful to work with too. She helped coodinate some of the logistics and I must say the two are the dream team you want to make your wedding dreams come alive.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Katie O

Paul was so wonderful to work with. From our first contact, he seemed genuinely excited for our wedding, which made it so easy to get along with him! He was responsive, showed up on time, and truly captured the most important moments of our day.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Katie C

Paul was absolutely amazing and so flexible! My fiance had a vision and Paul was able to deliver! The day of our shoot, he learned that our original location wasn't going to work due to city imposed limitations. Paul quickly jumped to action and found another place that fit the... Read More bill. We just had to show up. We had so much fun during the shoot and were so thankful to have a photographer with such an artistic eye! We are beyond grateful for the positive experience and the most stunning pictures! To top it off, Paul shared our story with as many wedding blogs as he could. It was never our expectation to have our love story told over and over again, but we are so honored it has! We can't wait to see how Paul captures our big day. If history is any indication of what to expect, it will be nothing short of magical!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Daniel B

Paul and Crystal were absolutely amazing and were really able to capture the essence of Daniel and Chad. We could not have asked for more from our photographer and are truly blessed to have had them be a part of our wedding. It was a special day made even more special by Paul... Read More and Crystal. They are very easy to work with and were very receptive to our needs and requests. We will absolutely use Paul Douda Photography again!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Melissa C

Paul was the perfect photographer for our perfect day. He is very easy to work with and has a great sense of humor, while remaining very professional. He executed our engagement session perfectly as well on the bay and beach of Coronado. He did everything in our best interest as... Read More well. I highly recommend Paul, and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017

I can’t say enough about Paul and his talented eye as a photographer. He truly is an artist. He perfectly captured our big day and we had a blast doing our shoot. One of the best pieces of advice I received was- pick a photographer you feel comfortable with and want to spend... Read More your wedding day with, because they are there every step of the way. For that reason, I am so glad we found Paul. From the moment we met him, it was as if we were old friends. His calming presence and sense of humor on our wedding day put my husband and I at ease. He knew exactly the shots to get and captured the love and joy of our big day so beautifully. The album Paul put together for us is unlike any I’ve seen. It is truly a work of art that we love to share with our family and friends. Paul Photography is well worth the investment! I highly recommended one of the best photographer in San Diego Paul Douda Photography | San Diego Wedding Photographer

Custom, Creative and Memorable

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Christina L

Working with Paul for our Engagement Session as well as our Wedding was the best experience with a photographer. He was able to capture those special moments while being creative with the surroundings bringing together a look and feel that is unique and memorable. Paul is a true... Read More artist when it comes to his vision of how a picture can say a thousand words just by brining together multiple elements to capture a moment with a couple that is amazing. We are forever grateful to Paul for making our day extra special and for creating lasting memories we can cherish for years to come. We highly recommend Paul Douda Photography to anyone that is looking for a personable touch and amazing one of a kind photos.

Excellent photographer

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Amy M

Paul is an amazing photographer. We did an engagement session as well as our wedding with him. He is super down to earth and easy to get along with but also very professional. He listened to what we wanted out of our pictures and brought some great ideas to the table as well.... Read More We have some great shots with sparklers. He came on a walk through with us before the wedding to look at specific shots we could do at the venue and was very prepared. I recommend Paul very highly to anyone that is looking for a great mix of candid and portraits with a slightly modern twist. We wanted fun, but traditional photos and Paul does both very well. We were on a budget and Paul customized the package to meet exactly what we were looking for. It was very easy to cut out things we didn't want and add in "extras" that we really wanted that other photographers wouldn't so unless you upgraded to a pre set package.

Paul Douda & Crystal Rainwater

After meeting at a wedding ourselves, Paul & Crystal know all about true love! Our compatibility goes much deeper than our love for one another. We share a passion and a vision on what makes an amazing partner in business and in life. Our style of shooting is often described as photo journalistic. We want to show the day as it happened. We are both motivated by the knowledge that our photos and video hold moments for people who haven’t even been born yet! Our goal is that our brides & grooms don't have to worry about their photography or video and can enjoy every delicate moment of their day!