Prairie Street Brewing Company

Rockford, IL

Book Your Wedding with Prairie Street Brewing Company

A BALLROOM IN ROCKFORD, IL

Delivering a sought-after riverside location that's often difficult to come by, Prairie Street Brewhouse blends olden-day charm with modern features to create a historic wedding venue. Located in Rockford, Illinois, this venue combines quaint and open wedding spaces, giving couples of all tastes something to choose from. Whether it's the vast open rooms that have uninterrupted views of the day's events or the dockside ceremony location, there are multiple opportunities to create a wedding day that's packed with charm. There's enough space for up to 300 guests and couples may invite as few as 50, giving them the chance to enjoy either a large or small attendance list.

When it comes to quirky wedding venues that have plenty of character, Prairie Street Brewhouse is challenging to rival. The oldest parts of the building date back to 1856, which means it's remained a part of the local community's history for well over a century. Areas of this building newly to-be-weds utilize include:

The Barrel Room. With 6,000 square feet of open space, vaulted ceilings adorned with over 80 Chinese lanterns and custom ironwork throughout, the Barrel Room is packed with industrial chic that wows any guest. Thanks to the large windows, natural lighting floods the room during the day, allowing for breathtaking wedding photos.

The Malt Room. Resting next to The Barrel Room, the Malt Room features natural timber posts and beams that give it plenty of character. It's 1500 square feet, making this space an excellent choice for a ceremony space or for a more intimate wedding celebration.

The Ice Room. The Ice Room is a historical nod to the days when refrigerators weren't available for keeping beer cool. With a quirky bar area that represents the blocks of ice that once kept fresh brews cool, it's both charming and unique.

The Dock. As an outdoor ceremony space, The Dock leads right to the river, allowing newlyweds and their guests to enjoy the sound of natural water during the ceremony.

Those who get married at the Prairie Street Brewhouse enjoy the venue's flexible approach to event start times. The owners allow vendors and couples to begin setup early, but all events must conclude by midnight. A generous seven hours of event time is included in the rental fee and those who need additional hours can pay per hour to enjoy them.

Catering and alcohol are provided by the venue, which takes a casual approach to dining. Typical appetizers can include deviled eggs, chorizo mac n' cheese egg rolls, beer-battered cheese curds and pub pretzels. The signature Prairie Street burger features a 1/3-pound patty, thousand island dressing, onion, lettuce and American cheese or there's a healthy array of salad options and other meat classics available. Couples enjoy a tasting session before they agree on their final menu with the brewhouse.

Despite holding a city suburb location, Prairie Street Brewhouse has a few rustic features. Exposed brick walls, bare wooden beams and original 19th-century windows add to the building's charm, allowing newlyweds and the wedding party to enjoy a magical array of photos for years to come. Other extra perks at this venue include:

• Impressive range of ales
  • Private marina slip, allowing couples to make an entrance by boat (with permission)
  • Outdoor dock makes for an excellent ceremony spot

From the building's charm that's tinted with exciting features to the convenient city suburb location, Prairie Street Brewhouse has the potential to bring any wedding day to life.

Eat. Brew. Love.

Originally Rockford’s largest and oldest brewery, the earliest part of the Brewhouse dates to 1856. We have 3 beautiful rooms that comprise our event space – the Ice Cellar at 1500 sq. ft featuring a gorgeous bar, the Barrel Room at nearly 7000 sq. ft with vaulted ceilings and exposed brick and the Malt Room at 1500 sq. ft. of wooden timber beams. We’ve hosted wedding receptions for as few as 50 and as many as 300. The Brewhouse is located right on the Rock River in downtown Rockford. We have a large deck area on the water, which is frequently used for ceremonies as well as hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. Offering scenic river views and an old industrial feel, we invite you to come in and taste a part of Rockford’s history.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

200 Prairie St, Rockford, IL (815) 277-9427

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Brittany S

Absolutely beautiful my husband and I just recently got married at the brewhouse, and couldn't of asked for a better day! The venue is drop dead gorgeous and the staff are incredible. They catered to my every need and made sure everything was perfect!

A BEAUTIFUL rustic venue

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Jennifer G

My husband and I were married at Prairie Street Brewhouse July 4, 2015. I absolutely loved my venue, and the staff was great! I worked with Rachael P., what a lovely person to help make sure everything runs perfectly! If you are looking for a venue that is beautiful in every... Read More inch, with amazing food, PSBH is it! I received so many compliments on the wedding for weeks, and still getting texts about it a month later. I have no doubt that I chose the perfect place for our wedding day. Even better, we were able to have half the outside dock, which we saw the downtown fireworks! What a perfect day!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 4/03/2015 Becky

We wanted to have a beautiful space because with an early March wedding we knew we were not going to have beautiful weather. PSB did not disappoint. We were able to have amazing pictures and the venue was so open it didn't feel dark and dreary inside. The staff is fantastic to... Read More work with and the food was amazing! I highly recommend it. Nothing else like it in the Rockford area.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Russ D

Everything was absolutely perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Katie T

The Prairie Street Brewhouse was fabulous! Great people to work with, Amazing staff! The food was to die for. The decor is simple but elegant and beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Katie W

The venue itself was beautiful and the fact we could have everything at one place was amazing. The communication sucks. I had to nag to get things done. They would not have set up a tasting had I not kept asking. We made our final payment two weeks before the date. We asked when... Read More we would have to come in to meet for our set up. They were rushing us to do that in a few days. This is the stuff that they need to just send a quick email to let me know I need to think of what day to do it on. They also screwed up having gluten free noodle option for a few guests which was on our plan. They then interrupted me the bride while eating to ask me if they needed to make the noodles. I was also supposed to get a custom sign, one person said it fell off the building, another said it was in river. Either way we would get the sign, it's now over a month later and I haven't gotten a sign. If your ok nagging and having poor communication this is the place for you. If i did it over again I'd pick somewhere else, it's so expensive for what you got.

Overall Happy but wouldn't redo it

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Rachel W

Our experience wasn't the best I don't know if it's because we were not in prime wedding season or the fact the staff changed half way through the planning process. My biggest complaint that the food was not the quality we had received during our tasting. Overall this place is... Read More just for looks. That is what your paying for.

Incredible venue

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Heather J

This venue is unique, fun and charming. The open bar with all the beer choices was awesome and you and tell the owners are investing a lot in the property--it improved constantly from the time we booked to our event. For this type of space, I thought the value was decent.... Read More Although, service is part of the equation. There were a lot of personnel changes during the time I worked with them--two of my main contacts left either the day before or after my wedding, so I think once they are fully staffed they will be in a better position to provide a great experience from start to finish.

Absolutely Stellar

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Taylor S

Prairie Street as a location and as a service provider were great. The overall ambiance of the place is the first plus. We did very little in the way of decorating and it was still gorgeous. That helped us cut budget in other areas. However, if you're a little more into the... Read More ornate, there is definitely the ability to go all out. Also, we had both our ceremony and reception here. Utterly convenient. We were in love with the place. The people were very helpful, too.

Unique Setting

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Danielle S

We went to an art show years ago at the Prairie Street Brewhouse and thought this would be a neat place to get married, but we weren't even engaged at this point or sure if they held weddings there. When we got engaged a year and half later it was one of the 3 venues we met... Read More with and immediately booked the last June wedding (by this time they were a full on wedding venue). We booked the whole site (3 rooms + the dock). It was reasonably priced and allowed us to pick our own vendors (which was key for us!) They were in charge of the alcohol which was also pretty reasonably priced (as far as alcohol for wedding goes). The venue was gorgeous that night and they accommodated all our requests. My only complaints would be that I felt a little like they nickel and dimed you for setting up each table, chair, etc. (although it is the wedding industry) and that it was a little hot in the facility (but it was nearly 100 degrees out that day). I'm so glad to have a unique venue like this in the Rockford area!