Romantic & Intimate NYC Weddings

Congratulations on your Engagement! I'm overjoyed to celebrate your Love Story. "I Do" Weddings in NYC that are happy, personal, intimate, & uplifting. In over 14yrs & 1,000+ ceremonies from elopements to 5 star locations, couples & guests tell me The Ceremony was the *best* part of the day.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

New York, NY NYC & surrounding area (917) 620-6307

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Sarah B

We are so grateful to have had Reverend Annie perform our ceremony! Our guests went out of their way to tell us how beautiful it was -- and several were even moved to (happy) tears! Rev. Annie spent a good deal of time prior to the wedding getting to know us and revising our... Read More script. The result was a ceremony that was unique and perfectly tailored to us. On the day itself, her presence was incredibly calming -- she put the entire wedding party at ease just when we were all starting to get a little nervous, did a wonderful job welcoming all our guests and set the perfect tone for the ceremony itself. We would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in NYC!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Carrie P

My husband and I loved having Rev. Annie as our wedding officiant. She is extremely kind and easy to work with, and her warm and professional demeanor are the perfect combination! From beginning to end, Rev. Annie was there for us, streamlining the process and keeping us on... Read More schedule. We HIGHLY recommend her as a wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Denise B

Rev Annie, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for the warm and heartfelt ceremony on our elopement to NYC in September. Even though we had never met, you were able to personalise our ceremony and we were really so very touched at the thought and... Read More consideration you put in to making our day so unique. We can’t tell you enough how much we just loved our ‘New York Experience’ and will cherish and remember it for the rest of our lives. You took us on an amazing journey and your warmth and emotion made our experience so incredibly special. You will always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you Annie for making our day so very special. Denise & Scott xx

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Thierry D

We were pleased to meet Rev. Annie in 2014 to talk about our wedding in Manhattan. We still connected with her until we confirmed her 2 years later !!!! She was amazing, understanding and warm in welcoming us, our families and friends flying from France to celebrate our wedding... Read More in such a special place to do this for her and so important for us: The Statue of Liberty ! Thank you so much Rev. Annie for your support, your advices and your always good friendship despite the time and the distance between our first met with you and the date we celebrate ! Thank you also for your warm personal investment all along the preparation and during THE Big Day.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Hollie R

My partner and I were married by Annie in mid October, 2017. We eloped to NYC and were married in Central Park. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending in Annie's services. My partner and I are not particularly religious and did not wish to undertake/perform any rituals... Read More or tradition. Annie was really respectful of this. I've no doubt this would have been challenging but Annie was able to create a ceremony that was intimate and relaxed. The vows she wrote were wonderful. They were personal, unique and meaningful to my new husband and I. Although so much of the day is a blur but I'll never forgot how I felt and we will both remember it forever. Leading up to the ceremony Annie kept in touch. She was professional, respectful and replied in a timely manner. Annie was kind and patient throughout the planning process, during the ceremony and after. I cannot recommend Annie enough.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Shann L

Wow! We absolutely loved Rev. Annie and our ceremony in Central Park! She certainly knows the right questions to ask to personalize a wedding:) — Annie is a warm, kind, beautiful personal who immediately makes you feel calm and happy and truly wants to know her couples so she... Read More can give them the wedding of their dreams! I only knew her less than an hour before we were married but felt like I had know her for years as she was marrying us. She obviously took a lot of time reading our “getting to know you questionnaire” answers and since she is not much of a college sports fan, she even researched who and what the VOLS are:) !! I didn’t have much time to prepare so I didn’t try and outline the ceremony, I just told Annie some of our preferences and let her put it all together and I am so glad that I did because she did it beautifully and elegantly; it was not rushed at all, it was truly perfect and was romantic and sweet and I will never forget it or her. She is fabulous... thank you Annie!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Elise G

We were so thankful to have Annie as our wedding ceremony officiant! I had a hard time finding someone we really connected with and could perform a non-religious ceremony and Annie did an amazing job! She was so calming and was really helpful all the way through. Her ceremony... Read More was beautiful and found some great readings for us to use, everyone complimented how beautiful and different our ceremony was! We didn’t want any photos taken during our ceremony which was a major point for us. The only reason for 4 stars was because there was confusion with our ring bearer (our dog) and handling the rings and not mentioning prior to the ceremony of people not taking photos and we had written it in the ceremony script. Otherwise everything was perfect! reason for 4 stars was

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Sophia T

Annie was the absolute perfect person to officiate our wedding. She made so much time and effort to get to know us and our story and when it came time for our ceremony, she delivered a beautiful, emotional, heartfelt and most important my genuine ceremony. She was the utmost... Read More professional BUT she also had this authentic care and love for us as a couple. She truly cared for us and made sure we got exactly want we wanted from the ceremony. Her spirit set the stage for the entire program and we could not have been more thankful. Thank you Annie for everything!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ed M

Annie was great! We loved how professional she was, thoroughly explaining the logistics of the marriage process end-to-end, how she would handle all the paperwork for us after the ceremony, and so on. The ceremony itself too was wonderful. We met with her a couple times before... Read More the wedding - she created a personalized ceremony and suggested readings, which we gave feedback on and iterated on a bit with her. Annie also gave us feedback on our vows to ensure they meshed well together. Thank you Annie!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Brooke F

Rev. Annie was wonderful throughout the ceremonial preparations and made our ceremony in Battery Park, NYC extra special. She has a very calming and caring presence. She took great care to write personalized vows that beautifully expressed the relationship between my husband and... Read More me. I would very highly recommend Rev. Annie for any couple getting married.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Shantoy R

The absolute best !!!!!! What a lovely lady her personality is so memorable , she made our ceremony just as we asked. She is the best I would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking to get married.

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Megan V

Rev. Annie is nothing but amazing! We started planning our destination wedding four months before our selected date, I had contacted Annie for more information and from that first contact I knew she would be a great fit for our ceremony. She makes sure to have a phone... Read More consultation so it is as personable as it can get. She helps you narrow down locations if you are unsure, gives recommendations for anything else that you need, and most importantly she gets to know you so she can craft the wedding ceremony of your dreams! Annie is professional, kind, and also makes it feels like you've know each other for years! My family and friends raved about her afterwards about hows uplifting and special she made the ceremony. Even my mother who was set on a traditional church wedding, was extremely happy with how the ceremony turned out. Annie makes sure your special day is everything you want and more!!!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Emily W

Rev. Annie was the perfect choice for our small, intimate wedding. She worked with us to create a ceremony that reflected our unique personalities, with moments of both gravity and levity. Her warmth and joy brought a beautiful tone to the ceremony. We chose the best possible... Read More officiant for us, and our family and friends had nothing but praise for her work. Thank you Rev. Annie!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 rebecca d

For the first time in my life, I wish there was an optional 6th star. Le Image arranged for our officiant, Rev. Annie (Lawrence). We had never met Annie prior to the ceremony, but did fill out a lengthy questionnaire from her. We weren't sure what to expect, but from the moment... Read More we met her, we knew that she radiated pure joy and love. And that radiance permeated our entire ceremony. She brought such peace, intimacy, joy, gravity and levity...all at the same time. The words she spoke sounded like something one of our very best friends would have written, the excitement and joy she showed for our marriage made us feel like we had a room full of people at our ceremony...not just the three of us (and The Nikolas, obvi). She put us at ease and also embraced our butterflies. She was perfect. The entire day was absolutely perfect. We are ETERNALLY grateful to her for making our elopement the most special, beautiful, and well-captured day of our entire lives. I would encourage ANYONE to use her services.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Kristin D

Annie was exactly what we were looking for in an officiant, someone who is warm, understanding and willing to perform a very customized ceremony that fit us and our view on marriage. We were very particular about what we wanted to be in the ceremony (we wanted it to be hyper... Read More personal, with stories and jokes that defined who we are, and also stress the gravity of our choice to be together forever) so we did make quite a few edits to Annie's original draft. That said, she performed it perfectly and was open to all of our ideas. A special note, at the end of the ceremony, a waiter dropped a glass in the back of the room, drawing everyone's attention away before Annie could pronounce us as married. Due to the timing in the ceremony and her amazing ability to think on her feet, Annie said "And Mozel Tov, a sign from the universe " and everyone laughed and turned their attention back to the ceremony. IT WAS PERFECT! In a way, she saved the day by working in yet another humorous moment into the ceremony and one that we will laugh about for years. One of our guests even asked if it was planned! Ha!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Michelle M

Rev Annie was absolutely amazing. I cannot express enough how great dealing with her was from beginning to end. Planning a wedding from overseas should have been a challenge but with Rev Annies help it was a dream! She helped us achieve our dream wedding and made the ceremony so... Read More personal. Everyone is raving about how lovely the ceremony was and that was all down to rev Annie. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you Annie, you have us our happily ever after.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 MARIANELLA E

Rev. Annie is a true gem. Annie has this calmness and this kindness to her which I needed in the craziness of planning a wedding. Every time we talked - Rev. Annie help me stay focus and discuss what type of ambiance I wanted for the wedding. Annie did her homework and got to... Read More know me and my fiancé ( at the time) and asked how we met ? and how we are as a couple? She is understanding and provided great ideas. All this info help made the big day - WONDERFUL . Annie made our ceremony PERFECT. The ceremony was amazing - she incorporated everything that is significant into the ceremony she even incorporated a quote from our favorite movie The Notebook. We are so happy that we found Annie ( our gem) she made our day memorable not only for the bride and groom but also for my family and friends. BRIDEs AND GROOMs Annie is the #1..

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Annie officiated our wedding on October 15, 2016 on the waterfront in Williamsburg, NY. My husband and I wanted a short and sweet ceremony with our close family so after providing Annie with our story and values, Annie surprised us with a beautiful and personally curated... Read More ceremony. Our families were very impressed and so were me and my husband. It was exactly what we asked for and we owe our perfect day to Annie!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Rebecca H

It was a such a delight having Annie at our special day. We came to New York to get married from Scotland. This meant everything had to be arranged long distance but Annie made everything so easy. We knew we had made the right choice as soon as we met up the year before the... Read More wedding. She kept in frequent contact and was always so calming. The day before the wedding she left me a lovely voicemail telling me not to stress over the weather as it was forecast to rain. She told me the sun would be shining and true to her word it was! All our friends and family that attended still talk about how great she was and how the ceremony was perfect for us as a couple. Thanks again Annie, we couldn't have hoped for anything better!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 David C

All our family and friends who joined us from the UK to watch us get married could not praise Annie and the ceremony she provided enough. When anyone ask me how our wedding was the first thing I compliment before the weather is Annie herself. Thank you so much for making our day... Read More even more special, we would highly recommend you to anyone who wanted to marry in NY.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Cindy C

Annie was great to work with from the first contact to the fulfillment of our small private elopement in the Park last week. The FaceTime visit to get to know each other, and her thorough and thoughtful questionnaire allowed us to recall and contribute details, as if to an old... Read More friend who'd known us throughout our relationship. The resulting bits of our story interwoven into the ceremony and vows were sweet and touching. Many thanks to Annie for small getaway elopement help, as well as the fabulous event weddings we've enjoyed seeing on her website and in these reviews. She's a gem, and we are proud to have met her, and are thankful that she officiated for us.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Elli W

Rev Annie is a wonderful Officiant and we are so glad we picked her for our elopement in New York City on 17th June!! Rev Annie really made us feel at home and we felt very comfortable and calm on the day, she was extremely patient and kind, we couldn't have picked a better... Read More Officiant to marry us!! Thank you so much Rev Annie for helping us to have the best day of our lives! I would recommend Rev Annie Lawrence to anyone who wishes to get married in New York and especially to anyone who is looking to elope!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lisa D

Rev. Annie did our ceremony on July 1, 2016 in NYC. She was an absolute pleasure to work with from the start! Her guidance was extremely appreciated, her voice calming and soothing. My husband and I wrote our own vows, sent them to Annie and she gave each of us feedback and... Read More direction. The ceremony was beautiful, and romantic- just how we wanted it. We had about 200 people at our wedding, and not only did I cry, but a lot of my guests! It was truly memorable and something so uniquely special, I don't think we would have had it with anyone else officiating! I highly recommend Rev. Annie for your special occasion!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Evelyn P

We had Annie for our recent wedding and she was so great! She is super organized, friendly and detail oriented. We met her kind of last minute in the process but thankfully she was still available and was accommodating. The day of the wedding she was very calming, I lost my... Read More earring backs several times and she even offered me her own, she kept me at peace. So thankful for her service!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Karine T

We came from France to marry us in New-York in August. Thanks to Annie our wedding ceremony was amazing and so emotional ( even more than I hoped). She was so nice and kind. Our friend and us are agree to say that we have never seen a such perfect ceremony in France. Thanks... Read More to Annie our dreams came true. To all foreign people, come to celebrate your wedding in Central Park with Annie , it will be a magical moment.

Rev. Annie NYC

Hi, I’m Rev. Annie, an ordained Interfaith Minister and licensed Wedding Officiant in New York City. Since 2003, I have officiated over 1,000 traditional and alternative marriage ceremonies for couples all over the world. I bring over 14 years of experience in planning, preparing, writing, and performing personal, meaningful, romantic ceremonies. You can trust my reliability and reviews, and know that it is my calling in life to help create this unforgettable day for couples like you.