Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony

Ceremony, Wedding

New York, NY
NYC & surrounding area

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Allison F

People can not stop talking about how amazing our wedding ceremony was and that is thanks to Rev. Annie. From the moment we met with her a year before our wedding we could tell that she was the officiant for us. She understood where we were coming from and what we wanted and had... Read More great suggestions as to how to make our both (very different in terms of religion) families happy. We wanted to ceremony to be about our two amazing families coming together - and she did that with grace and ease. Even my mother who had her heart set on a church wedding said that she did a wonderful job. We are so grateful for her calming presence before the ceremony - standing with us during pictures and doing a small talk on the importance and significance of the marriage license. We are forever grateful - thank you for making our day so special!

Fantastic Officiant!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Claire S

Review from the Groom: Cannot recommend Annie enough. She gave me the feeling to be with the right person from the first minute we met her! We did not really know what our ceremony should look like, so Annie gave us helpful recommendations and guidance for us to create our very... Read More own wedding ceremony. Preparation for the big day can be tiresome, and Annie managed to balance the interaction with us so we always had the feeling that the ceremony preparation was always in good shape, without it being overwhelming to us. Her presence at our wedding had a calming effect on both of us, and she did a marvelous job hosting the ceremony, as well as guiding us through it. Review from the Bride: Annie Lawrence did an amazing job helping us planning our ceremony. From the day we met her in a coffee shop in the west village, we knew she was the right person to officiate our wedding. We were still in the infancy of the planning stages of the wedding and she really helped us identify the right "feel" we wanted for the ceremony by giving us several options for how it could go. She checked in with us consistently over the next few months and was very patient, even when we were being a bit indecisive about some of the wording. On the day of the wedding, Annie arrived early and went through a quick rehearsal with us and our families, which really helped us feel relaxed. The ceremony was perfect. Many family members and other wedding guests commented on what a beautiful job Annie did. Her warmth, sincerity and wealth of positive energy really helped to make our wedding day extra special.

The perfect officiant

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Julie Y

Not only was Rev. Annie wonderful to work with, we received so many compliments from our guests about how wise of us to choose her. Everyone kept telling us how great she was...we couldn't agree more. She was heartfelt, cheerful, a joy to listen to and work with, attentive, just... Read More truly a wonderful person. Thank you for making our special day so beautiful. We couldn't be happier! We highly recommend Rev. Annie if you're looking for someone to make your special day even more special than you could imagine.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Elli W

Rev Annie is a wonderful Officiant and we are so glad we picked her for our elopement in New York City on 17th June!! Rev Annie really made us feel at home and we felt very comfortable and calm on the day, she was extremely patient and kind, we couldn't have picked a better... Read More Officiant to marry us!! Thank you so much Rev Annie for helping us to have the best day of our lives! I would recommend Rev Annie Lawrence to anyone who wishes to get married in New York and especially to anyone who is looking to elope!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Lisa D

Rev. Annie did our ceremony on July 1, 2016 in NYC. She was an absolute pleasure to work with from the start! Her guidance was extremely appreciated, her voice calming and soothing. My husband and I wrote our own vows, sent them to Annie and she gave each of us feedback and... Read More direction. The ceremony was beautiful, and romantic- just how we wanted it. We had about 200 people at our wedding, and not only did I cry, but a lot of my guests! It was truly memorable and something so uniquely special, I don't think we would have had it with anyone else officiating! I highly recommend Rev. Annie for your special occasion!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Evelyn P

We had Annie for our recent wedding and she was so great! She is super organized, friendly and detail oriented. We met her kind of last minute in the process but thankfully she was still available and was accommodating. The day of the wedding she was very calming, I lost my... Read More earring backs several times and she even offered me her own, she kept me at peace. So thankful for her service!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Karine T

We came from France to marry us in New-York in August. Thanks to Annie our wedding ceremony was amazing and so emotional ( even more than I hoped). She was so nice and kind. Our friend and us are agree to say that we have never seen a such perfect ceremony in France. Thanks... Read More to Annie our dreams came true. To all foreign people, come to celebrate your wedding in Central Park with Annie , it will be a magical moment.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 claire h

After the ceremony, everyone came up to ask us how Annie was a part of our lives because she gave such a beautiful and personal ceremony that lifted up the entire room and filled it with love. Married couples came up to us and said Annie's words reminded them why they got... Read More married Annie's words won praise from discerning and highly articulate guests who thought they had heard it all at every type of wedding ceremony until they heard Annie's wise words. We had a formal affair 100 in NYC , but Annie would be great in any setting.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Simon T

We enjoyed working with Rev. Annie so much from the very first time that we met her until her departure on our wedding day. Her words and the way she conducted our wedding ceremony were so warm, calm, so full of love, joy and positivity. Everybody who was at our wedding... Read More remarked how amazing she was. She was very accommodating in terms of adjusting to our diverse backgrounds, our families, different cultures, religious sensitivities. Her process in working with us to develop our vows was very thorough. A++! The wedding day can be stressful, but she kept us rooted and guided us through the process beautifully, even accommodating a last minute change to the sister-of-the-bride reading! Above all, she was a consummate professional in handling the signing of our marriage license and submission to the City of New York. I'm happy to say that we received our marriage certificate soon after our wedding. We feel so lucky to have had Rev. Annie be part of our special day. We truly feel we could not possibly have found anyone more perfect for us. -Simon & Jessica

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Annie officiated at our wedding in Brooklyn in July 2016, and she made a huge contribution to an amazing day, which exceeded our expectations in every way.  We met with Annie when we were in NYC scouting for a venue and an officiant, and within a matter of minutes (if that) it... Read More was clear to both of us that we had found exactly what we were looking for in Annie.  Her warmth, openness and enthusiasm gave us great confidence that we would be able to work with her towards our 'big day', and do so from home in Scotland, without any problems. Most importantly for us, we felt that she really understood what we were looking for very quickly, and her ideas and suggestions helped us along a great deal in organising our wedding.  Our guests still talk about the ceremony and the way Annie delivered it with great warmth, energy and inclusiveness. We had an amazing time and could not have wished to say yes to each other in any better way. We are very grateful to Annie for being such an important part of it.

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Happy Hochzeit! Annie has given us not only a wonderful wedding ceremony, she took us on an extraordinary journey with very, very special miracle moments. Right at the beginning we have been so nervous and excited, but Annie managed it to catch up our emotions and guided us to... Read More focus on our love and the coming meaningful step. We are so grateful that Annie has been so close to us, our feelings and gave us an unforgettable, memorable moment of our (new) life. Her speech has been full of love, guidance, trust and confidence. She mentioned our very personal experiences, our favourite movies and she performed our poem “The Fisher Maiden”, a very goose skinning moment…… We are so glad and happy that we found Annie and she made our marriage so complete and memorable. Henrike and Heike Towanda!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016

I simply can't rate the wonderful Annie highly enough. From start to finish, and even after the wedding she has been nothing but amazing. From the first email Annie helped guide us through the whole process, which was super helpful and useful as we were in the UK. Every question... Read More we had, Annie answered. From getting our marriage licence to even getting a permit for Central Park. All of our wedding guests commented on how lovely and warm Annie was, and part of our excitement was getting to finally meet Annie. I simply can't put into words how amazing Annie is. She carried out our ceremony to match our needs/style perfectly. Our day was perfect and special, and Annie helped to make it a day we will never forget. If you are looking for a wedding officiant then I can't recommend Annie highly enough.

Reviewed on 1/16/2016

The Perfect Wedding Officiant! Annie performed our elopement ceremony on New Year’s Eve. She made our ceremony romantic and personal. She is a warm, caring and inspiring person. We are so grateful for her calming presence before the ceremony in Central Park, walking with us... Read More during pictures and supporting us on the most important day of lives. We are forever grateful - thank you for making our day so perfect! We are both so happy and would highly recommend Annie.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015

Reverend Annie was absolutely perfect for our destination wedding in New York! Her warmth and grace brought a sense of occasion to the day that made it all so very special. Reverend Annie's professionalism is matched only by her unique ability to understand and exhibit all the... Read More themes and emotion we were looking for in that lovely ceremony. Reverend Annie even assisted us in the planning stages to make our first visit to New York an experience to cherish always. We are ever grateful to her and recommend her with our highest regard! -Jenelle and Steve Wolfe

Wonderful Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Jena H

Book her now!!! Perhaps a little more costly than other officiants....she will deliver and it will be very special and completely worth it. We wanted a warm, sweet, short ceremony with more modern language. Rev. Annie listened to our thoughts, provided us with a first draft... Read More of the ceremony that was pretty much exactly what we were looking for, we changed very little. She is a lovely person and even though she was a stranger, this is the stranger you want to marry you. We met once prior and I knew instantly I wanted to work with her. She came highly recommended from my fabulous photographer Angela Gaspar, and both were fantastic components for our wedding. Rev. Annie brought warmth and sweetness into that room when she married us, a moment that we will never forget. Thank you Annie!

Amazing Officiant!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

Rev Annie made our ceremony very special! There wasn't a dry eye in the house. She was articulate, passionate, expressive and joyful, which helped our vows come to life. She was amazing with our flower girls as well as ourselves at making sure we were all at ease. Annie made... Read More sure the ceremony was exactly what we wanted and what we had envisioned. Rev Annie surpassed our expectations. She is just a lovely women.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Katie Z

Annie was an amazing addition to our wedding! She was so easy and comfortable to work with leading up to the big day and really aimed to ensure that we, our family and our friends were all considered during the day. We had so many of our guests tell us that they really... Read More enjoyed the ceremony. Many thanks again Annie!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Shanti R

Rev. Annie is so incredibly warm and kind. We are so honored that she performed our ceremony. Honestly we spent the least amount of time preparing for our ceremony, but Rev. Annie made it so beautiful (she did a phenomenal job gauging our interests, personalities from our Skype... Read More sessions and questionnaire) - so many guests commented on how moved they were!! 6 stars for this incredible woman.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Brian M

Wonderful Wedding Officiant! Annie performed our surprise wedding ceremony in August. She made our ceremony romantic and personal. Our guests loved the ceremony. She is a warm, caring and inspiring person. We are both so happy and would highly recommend Annie.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Rev. Annie was absolutely perfect. She put together a beautiful ceremony on very short notice. All of our guests were very impressed and thought it was one of the most intimate, special weddings they have ever attended. We strongly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Rev. Annie was the perfect choice for our ceremony. We gave her little guidance of what to say during the ceremony, yet every word she spoke described our relationship to a T. She is professional, kind, caring, very accommodating and was always available to talk when I needed to... Read More speak with her. I have only been married once so I have no other experience with officiants, but so far Rev Annie Lawrence is the best and I would not have wanted anyone else!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Rachel J

Rev. Annie officiated our Central Park wedding a few months ago and my partner and I couldn't be happier. She's exceptionally warm and friendly and has a calm, spiritual presence about her. She was also incredibly helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process; she... Read More explained the ins and outs of the ceremony, recommended ideas that we could implement, and completely calmed our nerves. She also worked with us to create a wedding ceremony that highlighted our relationship story, personalities, and spiritual beliefs, resulting in a deeply meaningful ceremony. We highly recommend her to all couples looking for a NYC wedding officiant!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We used Rev. Annie in partner with Le Image photography for our Central Park Elopement. She literally brought all 8 of our guests to tears and was sure to make note of the special moments as they happened. (My mother lost it when I signed the certificate and Rev. Annie pointed... Read More out that it was the last time I would be signing my legal maiden name.) I would recommend her services even if you're not eloping as she did an amazing job scripting the service to be *just* exactly what we were hoping for. <3

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jackie L

Rev. Annie is the best!!! Annie was our officiant for our wedding at the Central Park boathouse August 28, 2015 and we are so happy she was a part of our special day! From the first conversation I had with her over the phone I could tell how genuine she was. After meeting with... Read More her we knew we had found the perfect person to marry us! She really took the time to get to know our story as a couple and the type of ceremony we wanted. It is so clear from working with her that she is passionate about what she does and she does an amazing job! Once I saw her on my wedding day I felt much more calm knowing she was there. She put together the most beautiful ceremony I received compliments about her throughout the evening. Annie is truly such a sweet and caring person and I couldn't imagine a better person to marry us! If you're searching for a wedding officiant look no further and call her she is simply the best! Thank you for everything Annie !!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Thank you Annie you made our day so special. From the very first time we contacted you made us feel at ease and when we finally met on the big day you were much more than we expected, softly making suggestions and guiding us through the ceremony, putting all of us at ease and... Read More making sure we enjoyed every minute. We had waited 28yrs for our special day and you made sure all went to plan and better that we could have hoped.

Rev. Annie NYC

Hi, I’m Rev. Annie, an ordained Interfaith Minister and licensed Wedding Officiant in New York City. Since 2003, I have officiated over 1,000 traditional and alternative marriage ceremonies for couples all over the world. I bring over 14 years of experience in planning, preparing, writing, and performing personal, meaningful, romantic ceremonies. You can trust my reliability and reviews, and know that it is my calling in life to help create this unforgettable day for couples like you.

Start a Conversation!