Embracing all Traditions, Serving All Faiths

Deborah Roth, MA is an ordained Interfaith Minister who loves working with couples to co-create a wedding ceremony that reflects your unique personalities, spiritual beliefs and traditions. Together, we craft a memorable, creative ceremony that elegantly (and often playfully!) expresses your love for and commitment to each other. Please call or email to set up a free introductory meeting!

Religious Affiliations

Nondenominational, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

270 Riverside Drive, 1C, New York, NY (212) 665-9660

Most incredible officiant

Reviewed on 11/04/2013

Deborah is amazing. Compassionate, caring and professional. We just love her style! Deborah was an excellent choice for us. She helped us personalize our ceremony to our unique & individual personalities. We were married in Central Park on 10.18.13 - the day was beautiful - our... Read More ceremony perfect. We laughed, cried and celebrated our love and life-long partnership as we always dreamed because Deborah listened and offered guidance. My husband and I highly recommend Deborah Roth. She is the most incredible officiant!

Perfectly personalized ceremony that everyone loved

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Nadia L

Deborah did a fantastic job putting together and officiating a lovely, memorable, personalized ceremony. She worked with us to create the ceremony the way we wanted it to be, and offered useful advice and feedback along the way to help guide our decisions. We've received... Read More numerous compliments about the ceremony from our guests, many of whom remarked that it was a perfect reflection of our personalities. Deborah was warm, friendly, professional, and responsive throughout the entire process and was very accommodating to make sure that everything was the way we wanted. We would highly recommend Deborah to any couple looking to create a uniquely customized ceremony.

Jeff and Dorothy an amazing ceremony

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Dorothy M

Deborah Roth is amazing!! not only in her profession but as a person, who is patience, kind, funny, take charge, inspiring, sensitive, passionate and respectfully of our needs and life style. Deborah introduce to Jeff and I things we would have never thought of; such as, an... Read More array of different wording, how to include some or all of your guest in the ceremony, many different spiritual rituals and poem/reading, that would be incorporated in your vows or simply read by someone in the wedding party or a guest. Deborah pricing was extremely reasonable and flexible for the service she provided. Jeff and I was able to have a section with Deborah way in advance; which give us a focus point and helped us (Jeff and I) to start discussing what type of ceremony we wanted. Jeff and I did not have time to have a face-to-face section, with Deborah (which is an option), but through emails, Deborah never missed the opportunity to follow-up and make sure Jeff and I stayed motivate, focused and prepared for our wedding day. When Deborah arrived at the ceremony site, she was sure to connect with not only Jeff and I but the best man, Maid of Honor and the other members that were involved in the ceremony. There was no mistake, Deborah was in charge of the ceremony and she ensures things went smoothly; down to the music, my entrance and my favorite part of the ceremony; ensuring Jeff and I had time to embrace our new marital status. So, when the ceremony was over, Deborah made sure Jeff and I were swift into a separate room, without the photographer or anyone from the wedding party to give us time to exhale ..lol that was great because we were nerves and overwhelmed and the short time together, just us, allowed Jeff and I to get our composer before enjoying the reception and our guest. Again, Deborah is amazing and if you are looking for a fun, passionate, takes charge, creative, respectful, funny and inspirational Officiate I hands down recommend Rev. Deborah Roth.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 nina g

I cannot express how wonderful and special it was to have Deb Roth marry my husband and I this past month on Block Island. Though we knew Deborah before hand (her glowing personality is obviously why we chose to have her tie the knot for us!) she made us feel so comfortable... Read More throughout the process. She guided us with each step of the way, kept us on track regarding timing, gave us advise and made the creation of our ceremony one of the most special aspects of the planning process. She is extremely professional but also funny, playful and open-minded, all while simultaneously helping us recognize just how important this element of our big day was! She made us feel like we were in beyond trusty hands the entire time, and the actual ceremony was exactly as we planned. I couldn't recommend her enough! If you are looking for someone to create a ceremony full of love and have someone guide you through each step of the process, Deb is the way to go!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Stephen P

Our wedding was awesome!!! Deborah Roth was a huge part of making our day special! Easy to work with, the definition of just a great person. Very caring and sincere, great ideas for the ceremony, and very confident officiant on the wedding day. We couldn't of made a better... Read More choice. Thanks Deborah!!! Steve and Schellie

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Lindsay C

Deborah is an absolutely amazing wedding officiant. She is creative, thoughtful, responsive, and talented. She met with us throughout the process and crafted a deeply personal ceremony that our guests loved and we will treasure forever. Deborah has performed a wide variety of... Read More ceremonies from so many traditions, and truly helped us craft something special; her delivery is truly loving and personal on every level. We cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Robert K

Deborah, Was amazing!! She was thoughtful and easy to speak to about how we wanted our ceremony to go. She really listed to us and know when to be firm on where her experience would be most useful to us, and kept the spirt of what we wanted captured. We love how easy she made it... Read More for us to just let go and speak our mind about how we felt about each other, and her warming heart came through in every session we had with her. If you are looking for someone who truly cares and believes in what they are doing for couples. You want to go with Deborah. Robert and Eli

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Rachel W

Deb was amazing!! She made our ceremony so personal and we received so many positive comments after our wedding about the ceremony. I would definitely recommend her 100%!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Tina K

I cannot fully describe how amazing our wedding ceremony was that Deborah helped us plan. We had a ceremony mixed with Jewish and Korean traditions. It was so unique and so thoughtfully planned out, and Deborah did a wonderful job creating a beautiful ceremony. She is so... Read More experienced with what she does that you will find the process to be seamless and smooth. However it doesn't feel "cookie cutter" at all. Everyone was crying at our ceremony, which I think is what you want, and you truly cannot go wrong choosing Deborah as your officiant. She is kind, listens, and is willing to learn about other cultures and traditions and incorporate them into your ceremony. We strongly recommend you to ask Deborah to be a part of your special wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Joyce L

Deborah crossed off a bunch of important things on our list when we were thinking about an officiant - she is an ordained minister who also has an open mind about spirituality and love. We toyed around with the idea of having our friend marry us but the ceremony went a lot... Read More smoother and the process leading up to it was much more efficient with a professional =). *One thing to note Deborah's office is on the Upper West side -- something to consider if you were to schedule several meetings with her leading up to the ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Erica P

We loved working with Deborah who articulated our wedding wishes perfectly. Every idea, thought and request was utilized to make our wedding ceremony uniquely beautiful. So many of our guests commented that it was the loveliest ceremony they had ever attended. We want to thank... Read More Deborah for being part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Steve T

Deborah is, as many of the other reviews stated, simply wonderful. She was recommended to us by another vendor, and we could not have been happier with her service and support. Deborah's calm presence and innovative approach to crafting unique ceremonies allows you to create a... Read More ceremony that is authentically your own in a fun, streamlined, and manageable way- something so valuable in the wedding planning process, especially since it concerns the most important part! We loved how Deb reviews different customs you can include and provides you with options for how to word each part- the end result being a ceremony you feel comfortably reflects your values. Deb was extremely responsive in communication, easy to schedule with, and great at articulating exactly what we wanted to share. In both planning and day of, Deb was professional, kind, couple-centered, and lovely to work with, and our family and friends loved her demeanor and the way she handled the ceremony. We can not recommend her more highly for any special occasion.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

If you are looking for an Officiant around New York, look no further! We could not recommend Deborah more highly. We were organising the ceremony from the other side of the world with little idea of what we wanted and she made it so easy, even with my partner and my very... Read More different cultural and religious backgrounds. Deborah's combination of energy and calm on the day really helped steady us through a lot of tears and the guests all found her manner to be spot-on for both of us. When the time comes to renew our vows, we will be heading straight back to New York. Thanks Deb, you really helped make our day perfect.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Joyce H

Deborah is such a pleasure to work with. She is passionate about what she does which ultimately translates into a wonderful wedding service. We were very lucky to find her. We continue to work with her because we trust that she has a lot that she can teach us in our new... Read More marriage. I highly recommend her. You can guarantee that you will not be disappointed with her.

Outstanding Job!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016

My now-wife and I were deciding between using a friend as an officiant or going with someone more experienced, and our “external” search began and ended with Deb. We loved her vibe and energy and instantly knew she was the right person to marry us. It’s absolutely no... Read More surprise that her reviews on here are uniformly glowing. She was a true professional throughout the entire process, providing us with a roadmap of where we were going and holding our hands – as much or as little as needed – throughout the journey. She was warm, insightful, and funny, and took a genuine interest in us throughout the process. And when it came time for the ceremony, she was of course at her best – flawless in execution, eloquent in delivery, and charming as always. My wife and I cannot possibly recommend her anymore enthusiastically.

The absolute best!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Renee C

Deborah was absolutely incredible! From the second we met her, she made my now husband Dan and I feel so comfortable. Our ceremony was the most important part to us while we were planning and she worked with us on every little aspect to perfectly blend our backgrounds. During... Read More our entire experience with Deborah, she was kind-hearted, helpful and so easy to open up to. Not only did Dan and I absolutely love her but we have had our friends and family rave about how beautifully spoken she was, how well she performed our ceremony and how she was so involved and loving to every person in the room. We are so grateful that we found her and she was apart of our day. We love you Deborah!

Our Magical Day

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Christine F

My husband and I were looking for someone to officiate our wedding and our search ended with Deborah. As soon as we met with her, we knew she was the right choice for us. We wanted our ceremony to be personalized, special, and unique. Deborah was able to do all of that and more.... Read More We created our very own ceremony, choosing rituals that tied in with our interfaith marriage. We felt that the ceremony was “so us.” I can’t explain how many compliments we received from our guests about how wonderful and different our ceremony truly was. They were blown away. If you’re looking for someone to personalize your big day, Deborah is a must.

Perfect Officiant

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Deborah was perfect for us. She insisted on speaking with us right at the start to get to know us and we knew she was right for us instantly. Her guidance with our vows made the process a lot easier. We wanted a casual and happy ceremony without it being too causal and with... Read More deborah's help it was spot on! Highly recommended!

Perfect ceremony

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Deborah made our wedding ceremony better than we could have imagined! She walked us through the ceremony design step-by-step, encouraging us to stretch our comfort zone to make the ceremony unforgettable. We were thrilled with the way she was able to put it all together in a... Read More way that made it uniquely ours, while giving our guests a wonderful presentation.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Meghan B

We were looking for a ceremony that would encompass the feel of a formal wedding without the strong religious component. Deborah delivered this perfectly for us. She was very professional from the first phone conversation through the day of the wedding. She has mastered her... Read More craft and really knows how to read couples and help them customize the ceremony effectively. She clearly has a significant amount of experience that comes across on the big day. We received many inquiries on her services in the days following. As said, although we are both Catholic, we were doing a beach ceremony and didn't want to use a priest, she was the perfect solution and went way beyond our expectations.

Rev. Deborah Roth review

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Deborah was amazing! My partner was in California, and i was in Australia when we were planning our wedding in NYC. Deborah was warm, friendly, flexible and timely throughout the planning stages, and very helpful in guiding us through planning a ceremony. On the day, Deborah... Read More was punctual, genuine and patient. She lead a lovely ceremony and created a really relaxed and reassured environment. We couldn't recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Deborah is a wonderful person, who is dedicated and committed to making that special day, yes, very special. Deborah had great ideas, many of which we incorporated into our ceremony. I felt like I was with a friend, mentor and supporter as my lovely bride to be and I figured out... Read More what the actual day would bring. It was fun, joyful, satisfying and deeply moving...everything, the experience, and being guided by Deborah. She understood "us." Thank you Deborah.

Deborah is INCREDIBLE!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Katrina D

Central Park Wedding recommended Deborah to us and I am so thrilled that they did so! She was warm, caring, and so invested in customizing our ceremony in a way that made it personal and meaningful to us. She was so organized that we didn't have to worry about a thing, including... Read More memorizing our vows. Really, she performed a truly wonderful ceremony for me and my husband. I completely and utterly recommend her!!!

Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 8/09/2015

We were so happy that we found Deborah to be the officiant for our wedding! She took the time to get to know us and helped us figure out exactly what we wanted on our special day. The ceremony was absolutely perfect and we are still getting rave reviews from our friends and... Read More family! Thanks again Deborah :)

Amazing ceremony by an amazing lady!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

Deborah was amazing!!! She took her time to find the perfect ceremony that was comfortable for the both of us. And anything that we wanted to throw Extra into the ceremony she was open and eager to make the changes. Everyone present at the ceremony came to us and said that... Read More they never saw a ceremony where everyone was quiet and actually listenedto the words. It was all about us and she made it very special. Thank you.

Deborah Roth

I've been officiating weddings for over 15 years & absolutely love helping couples celebrate their special day with a beautiful ceremony. My Master's thesis was on the power of transformative ritual, and I truly believe a wedding ceremony is just that... I call it the highest form of sacred play! As a certified Relationship Coach (and having been married 35+ years myself!), I also offer Marriage Mastery coaching where we can address important issues like work, family time, children, in-laws, spiritual life, etc., so you can begin this new journey with confidence and excitement.