Rev. Jude Smith - Interfaith Minister

Hudson Valley, NYC, CT, Westchester

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

PO BOX 45, Rhinebeck, NY
Hudson Valley, NYC, CT, Westchester

Wonderful & Magical

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

We feel so lucky and grateful to have had Rev. Jude Smith officiate our wedding. We wanted a wedding ceremony that was non-denominational yet still had weight and warmth to it. Rev. Jude helped us build a moving, transcendental and truly magical wedding ceremony. Rev.... Read More Jude helped us navigate the seemingly intimidating landscape of building our wedding ceremony. She provided a clear, calming road map for us - giving us solid logistical help on wrangling our large bridal party and families as well as endless resources of poems and vows to handcraft a wedding ceremony perfect for us. Our families were all so moved by the ceremony - many commented that it was so personal and warm we must have known Rev. Jude for years. But in fact we had worked with Rev. Jude remotely for just a couple weeks leading up to the wedding. This is testament to the warmth and sensitivity she brings to her work and her amazing aptitude to get to the heart of relationship, fully celebrating and honoring that relationship with a uniquely crafted wedding ceremony. She created a magical and loving foundation to build our marriage on and we could not be happier!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Kim D

Really, WOW is all we can say. From the first time we chatted with Jude through the execution of our ceremony on July 30th, it was such a pleasure to work with her. She is such a calming, professional, kind human being. She made the whole process of putting together our... Read More ceremony a joy. Jude kept us really grounded in the moments of our ceremony. She really brought us back to our values and reminded us, among all the busyness of the wedding day, why we were there and who we are as a couple. I think it's, unfortunately, unusual for guests to really connect with or remember a wedding ceremony. I know when I've gone to weddings people talk about the food, the band, the dress, etc. but with Jude leading the ceremony, our wedding was different. Even two weeks later, people are still coming back to us and saying how moved they were during the ceremony. Considering how the main part of a wedding is the marriage, this is really important to me. We know that we had such a strong, positive, reaction to our ceremony because of Jude and we are so happy we got to work with her.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Nicole S

Jude gave my husband and I the most memorable, most special, and most personal wedding ceremony we ever could have asked for. We and all of our guests were absolutely in love with the ceremony! For someone who only knew us in this small portion of our lives, Jude felt like an... Read More old friend who had always known us. She was a delight to work with and we highly recommend her. There wasn't a detail we would have changed!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin L

Jude was absolutely wonderful. She gave us the ceremony of our dreams — warm, personal, and unique. We had so many people come up to us after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed the ceremony, and we absolutely loved that it was specially tailored just for us. Thank you,... Read More Jude, for making our special day extra special with your beautiful words!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Wade and C

Highly recommended! Rev. Jude Smith married us on May 23, 2016. We feel so lucky that we have chosen Jude from a long list of officiants suggested to us. The whole process of our wedding as administered by Jude was marvelous and our experience with Jude is beyond expectation.... Read More You may have read many generous reviews and commending words on Jude, we feel the same, but one thing we would like to add, which we are especially happy about, is Jude’s interfaith and spiritual development that enables her to care for our spiritual needs and infuse the spiritual elements into our wedding to make it, as we believe, a sublimated one beyond ordinary vows and resonating among our families and guests of similar spiritual belief. Jude has truly touched our hearts and we will always be thankful for her marrying us.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ian S

Jude Smith is wonderful. Professional, open, honest, caring, considerate. My partner and I did not know what to expect with our first meeting with Jude, but we were so pleasantly surprised by her kindness and step-by-step approach to crafting a ceremony. I think Jude is so... Read More successful because she is clearly able to work with a wide range of people and personalities. She was open to our suggestions and ideas -- we had many! -- and even when she may have thought we were a little odd or outside the box, she always found a way to make it work. Jude is not the type to impose her ideas on her clients -- she fully respects the individual and personal nature of crafting a ceremony but is experienced enough to know what will work and what may not. So her suggestions were always welcome. Working with her truly was a collaborative effort. She made us feel special every time we had a meeting with her, she never rushed us, and the ceremony itself was wonderful. It's easy to overlook just how important the officiant is to setting the tone for the ceremony and to making guests feel at ease, in good hands, but this cannot be overstated or taken for granted; Jude understands this. She is perfect. SO many people commented on how impressed they were with her. And we cannot recommend Jude Smith more highly.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Courtney R

Planning a wedding can be chaotic and stressful, but Rev. Jude Smith made sure that our ceremony was perfect! From our first email correspondence to the signing of the marriage license, Rev. Jude was professional, helpful, and sincere. She offered guidance and soothed our... Read More nerves with her kindness, composure, and attention to the details that you would never think about until you’re planning your own wedding. We had a non-religious ceremony and Rev. Jude made sure that it was uniquely crafted for us—not abstract & ambiguous as we have seen at some other non-religious ceremonies. She provided an abundance of resources from which we could draw inspiration, but made sure to take the time to get to know us in order to personalize our ceremony. Rev. Jude is not joking when she says she speaks the language of love – her warmth emanated through her heartfelt words and her smile was contagious. She spoke calmly and confidently throughout the ceremony and made sure that we were able to soak up every single moment. We whole-heartedly recommend Rev. Jude; working with her was a pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 LeighAnn T

I have had the honor of working with Rev. Jude Smith several times at the venue I work for. When I got engaged I knew right away that she was going to be the one to marry my fiancé and me. Her ceremonies are always so thoughtful and filled with some much love and emotion.... Read More You can tell that she loves what she does. She spends a great amount of time making your ceremony special. Everyone raved about how it was the best ceremony they have ever witnessed. I don’t have enough kind words to say about Rev. Jude Smith.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Latisha S

If I could give Rev. Jude 10 stars I absolutely would. I don't think I have enough wonderful words to say about her. Within minutes of our first conversation with her, we knew that we had to choose Rev. Jude Smith for our ceremony. She was warm, sensitive, and accommodating... Read More to all of our needs and concerns, and provided us with all of the guidance we needed to help us create a beautiful ceremony. My husband and I were long distance, so we were able to have multiple phone calls, emails, and Skype sessions to make working together extra convenient. So may people told us how touched they were by our ceremony, even folks who aren't typically emotional. I cannot thank Rev. Jude enough for making our day so special and absolutely amazing.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Vince D

Reverend Jude listened to us, calmed us and guided us through what became a wonderful journey to our wedding day. From the first time we met Reverend Jude through the exploration of our love to the ceremony, Reverend Jude was patient, understanding and respectful to all we... Read More wanted to do. Ours was a destination wedding with preparation done over the phone, through email and numerous face to face visits. Reverend Jude gave us such great support and encouragement to make our ceremony a true reflection of us. We didn't make it easy for her! The result was a ceremony of wonder, joy and love that we and our guests will never forget. Thank you Reverend Jude!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Samantha I

My fiancé and I are interfaith- Jewish and agnostic/nondenominational- and it was difficult finding someone who made us feel like us.. until we met Jude. From the moment we first spoke with Jude we felt comfortable and confident in her abilities. She got to know us and put... Read More together the most perfect ceremony- a ceremony that defined us as a couple for the first time. She kept us on track with our vows and ceremony preferences and helped us through the whole process. Our wedding ceremony was the best part of our day, thanks to Jude. She made us feel bonded and alone in a room full of loved ones. All around a great decision to work with her and we'll never forget what she did for us throughout the wedding process and on the big day. You really can't go wrong. Thank you Jude!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Maddy G

We had the pleasure of working with Jude for our wedding this past July. While our wedding was in NY we live in Colorado and Jude was fantastic at coordinating skype sessions with us. We also were married on a military post that had strict rules in regards to ceremonies and Jude... Read More handled everything perfectly! My husband and I felt completely at ease and so happy that we chose Jude!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Marissa L

Throughout the entire process, Jude was always thoughtful and helpful. Over several meetings, she allowed us to hone our ceremony into exactly what we wanted, always making sure of our comfort. Her experience is unparalleled, and her calm and soothing tone of voice during our... Read More ceremony was exactly what we wished for. She even helped us to create a reading specifically for our ceremony, and even provided a prop in the eleventh hour on the day. Jude was our rock, and was an essential part of making our ceremony absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

Rev. Jude Smith was absolutely great to work with! She makes such a great effort to understand you as a couple as well as what you are looking for in an officiant and makes sure to tie it all in during your ceremony. During your initial meeting, she learns about you as a couple... Read More and then takes time to draft up a speech, which she will then review with you and accept any feedback. There are no guessing games, everything is laid out exactly how it will be on your special day! During the first conversation with her, you can feel her warm spirit and amazing energy. By your last meeting before your special day, you can't help but to feel comfortable and confident in your decision to choose Rev. Jude Smith. She was absolutely pleasant to work with! -Isabel & Daniel

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Jude did a wonderful job working with us to create a ceremony that really represented us as a couple. She made it unique and heartfelt and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a ceremony that is special and personal.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016

We just married 2 weeks ago and so happy we chose Jude Smith! She was so warm and welcoming each step of the way up until our actual ceremony. It was indeed short and sweet, but with a spiritual touch that would not have occurred at a City Hall wedding. We are so glad that we... Read More decided to travel up to Rhinebeck from Manhattan. Our experience was exactly what we had hoped for! - Maureen and Daniel

Reviewed on 2/07/2016

Rev Jude Smith was simply amazing and so genuine. We had to push up our wedding date significantly due to us both being in the military and Jude was there every step of the way to guide us and make our moment memorable as well as sweet and simple - just how we wanted it. We... Read More cannot thank you enough for helping us out the way you did, Jude! Thank you again! -April

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Lindsay

Rev Jude was absolutely incredible. She took so much time to get to know us as a couple and it showed in our ceremony. She has such a gift at really capturing the love and warmth and made our wedding so beautiful! We are so happy we chose Rev Jude for our ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Julie

I cannot imagine a better person to serve as our officiant than Rev Jude Smith. She is the most wonderful person—who guided us step by step through the process of creating an absolutely magical wedding ceremony. Rev Jude took the time to get to know us as individuals and... Read More pushed us to take the time to express our feelings for each other in writing (an exercise you will cherish in the end). On the day of our ceremony Rev Jude’s energy was a point of warmth and comfort. She focused us and guided us through the most loving ceremony imaginable. Our wedding day was picture perfect and the 1# highlight was our ceremony with Rev Jude. We are honored to tell friends and family that Rev Jude Smith united us in marriage. We plan to stay in touch with Rev Jude and appreciate knowing her.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ira S

We found Jude after a few mishaps with a close friend who was supposed to officiate. However, I believe the stars aligned in connecting us with Jude. I was initially uneasy at the prospect of a "stranger" officiate but after my first phone call with Jude I felt like I was... Read More talking to an old friend. She brings an authentic warmth, love and care to the process of crafting a ceremony that transcended what I thought was possible in a ceremony. Each time we met in the (very thorough!) process, I felt more and more connected to my now-wife. On the day of the wedding, Jude's knack for planning and logistics set me at ease and our guests were truly invited to connect with our love and union. There was not a dry eye in the house! I can't recommend Jude enough.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Jude is a rare and wonderful gem. My wife and I are both nonreligious, and wanted to have a ceremony that reflected that while still focusing on the love and spiritual connection that brought us together. Our first (Skype!) meeting I think we were slightly skeptical that we... Read More would be able to really get a sense of Jude, but it was immediately apparent that her warmth came easily and sincerely. Our earlier choices to perform the ceremony, who were friends of ours, had fallen through, and we had only a few short weeks to find someone. Jude worked with us to help us de-clutter our minds while we planned our ceremony and our vows, and to pull away from all the stresses that come before a wedding. Finding those delicate moments of peace together, with Jude's calming presence, really gave us the boost we needed to feel we were on the right track. The day came, and Jude really helped to guide us and keep us centered on each other amidst all the family and friends, reminding us that this was a shared and special moment between two souls, and that we should honor that together. It was an incredibly beautiful wedding, and we would recommend Jude greatly!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Sarah H

Rev. Jude was wonderful. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, meeting us in person and virtually in the months prior to our wedding. Jude provided us guidance to help craft an attainable framework, and then collaborated with us to achieve all the magic, elegance, and... Read More spiritual depth we needed for our ceremony. On the day Jude was focused and punctual, and she orchestrated the service so the participants could relax as much as possible. The result was a wonderful blend of ease, practicality, and uniqueness. We would highly recommend Rev. Jude for an unforgettable ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Jude has a way of connecting with everyone. She has a warmth about her and she expresses herself very clearly. Many of my guests commented how heartfelt and personal our ceremony was and how they wanted to hear her every word because it held that much meaning. I, as the... Read More bride, knew the ceremony we put together would represent how I felt in a very personal way. Jude's voice and steadiness gave me an assurance and a strong sense of self that allowed my wedding ceremony to be meaningful, representative of me, and just a moment of joy because I could be present, and not caught in a bundle of nerves. Jude truly made my wedding day very special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Reverend Jude was the one and only one for us. We were looking for an officiant that would be able to personalize our wedding ceremony to reflect our relationship, values and personalities. She did that and more. She really took the time to get to know us and wrote a... Read More beautiful, customized and personalized ceremony for us. Rev. Jude was exceptional. Our wedding was in August 2015 and almost two months later, our guests are still talking about how wonderful our ceremony was.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Amy E

Rev Jude Smith married my wife and I on 7/18/2015. Jude worked really hard with us to make our ceremony the most magical and special moment of our lives. We developed a connection with Jude and she got to know us and our love story really well. She created an amazing ceremony... Read More for us using that connection she developed with us in a manner that was very personalized for me and my wife. I will forever be grateful and feel really fortunate that she was our officiant. I cannot imagine anyone better to marry my wife and I.

Start a Conversation!