Rev. Jude Smith - Interfaith Minister

Hudson Valley, NYC, CT, Westchester

Handcrafted Ceremonies that Touch the Heart

I enjoy working with people of all faiths, preferences and spiritual paths, especially if you feel spiritual but not religious. Not sure what you’re looking for in a ceremony? I adore leading couples through the possibilities as we create, together, a ceremony that you and your guests will remember.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

PO BOX 45, Rhinebeck, NY Hudson Valley, NYC, CT, Westchester (845) 337-6996

Wonderful & Magical

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

We feel so lucky and grateful to have had Rev. Jude Smith officiate our wedding. We wanted a wedding ceremony that was non-denominational yet still had weight and warmth to it. Rev. Jude helped us build a moving, transcendental and truly magical wedding ceremony. Rev.... Read More Jude helped us navigate the seemingly intimidating landscape of building our wedding ceremony. She provided a clear, calming road map for us - giving us solid logistical help on wrangling our large bridal party and families as well as endless resources of poems and vows to handcraft a wedding ceremony perfect for us. Our families were all so moved by the ceremony - many commented that it was so personal and warm we must have known Rev. Jude for years. But in fact we had worked with Rev. Jude remotely for just a couple weeks leading up to the wedding. This is testament to the warmth and sensitivity she brings to her work and her amazing aptitude to get to the heart of relationship, fully celebrating and honoring that relationship with a uniquely crafted wedding ceremony. She created a magical and loving foundation to build our marriage on and we could not be happier!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Kim D

Really, WOW is all we can say. From the first time we chatted with Jude through the execution of our ceremony on July 30th, it was such a pleasure to work with her. She is such a calming, professional, kind human being. She made the whole process of putting together our... Read More ceremony a joy. Jude kept us really grounded in the moments of our ceremony. She really brought us back to our values and reminded us, among all the busyness of the wedding day, why we were there and who we are as a couple. I think it's, unfortunately, unusual for guests to really connect with or remember a wedding ceremony. I know when I've gone to weddings people talk about the food, the band, the dress, etc. but with Jude leading the ceremony, our wedding was different. Even two weeks later, people are still coming back to us and saying how moved they were during the ceremony. Considering how the main part of a wedding is the marriage, this is really important to me. We know that we had such a strong, positive, reaction to our ceremony because of Jude and we are so happy we got to work with her.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brittany B

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Jude to officiate our wedding. She was extremely flexible when it came to accommodating our challenging schedules and planning from a distance, and she worked with us over the course of several months to customize and refine every... Read More element of our ceremony. Her guidance and resources helped us to create a beautiful and extremely personalized ceremony. We were so pleased with the end result and felt truly cared for along the way; we would highly recommend Jude to any of family members or friends.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jacqueline C

My husband and I just cannot express how pleased we are with the personalized, eloquent ceremony Jude helped create and bring to life. From the first skype call we had, Jude was just an absolute pleasure to work with. Whatever anxieties We had about creating the perfect... Read More ceremony true to us, just disappeared. She is truly a professional. Our friends and family are still talking about our ceremony weeks later. Highly highly recommend Jude!! Best officiant EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Mary M

When I first met Rev. Jude Smith it was at my friends wedding 4 years ago. She made such an impression that I knew when the time came for me to get married, Jude was the minister I would choose. Well I recently married my long-time partner, Sue, of 17 years. The first phone... Read More call we made, after family of course,was to Jude! She was so happy for us and even more appreciative that after 4 years we remembered her and wanted her to be our officiant. Jude stepped us through every part of our ceremony and it turned out exactly the way we wanted!! With her help, our wedding was perfect! I will recommend her services to all my friends. Thank you Rev. Jude! Mary

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Michael E

Rev. Jude did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. From the first time we spoke on the phone to meeting in person and the day of our ceremony she was always warm, understanding, patient, and kind. She brought alot of love in to our ceremony and helped us to express our... Read More love for each other. As an interfaith couple I was very impressed by her ability to create a ceremony for us that was meaningful and inclusive. I cannot imagine anyone better.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Luis R

Rev. Jude made our ceremony on July 15, 2017 so special. From the very beginning since we met she took the time to get to know us as a couple and find out about us in order to put together a customized ceremony that was truly unique. This is not your cookie cutter "by the powers... Read More vested in me....etc" type of stuff. Her ceremony took time and art to put together and you can tell she truly cares about her couples. We got so many compliments about our ceremony. It was truly magical and touching. It came from the heart and it was so well crafted. If you're looking for a unique ceremony that will truly make your day special you won't regret working with Rev. Jude. We are so glad we met her and thank her for making our day so special and memorable.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Katie S

Safe to say -- we love Jude. And honestly, we could not imagine our ceremony without her. We met Jude 18 months before our wedding and immediately clicked with her. We talked about our relationship basically as friends more than a vendor. Jude sees her job as more than an... Read More officiant who shows up on a random Saturday. She sees herself as a connector, a listener, an encourager, a spiritual counselor and a writer of your love story. After all that, we also see her as our friend. On top of that, Jude was easily one of our most professional and organized vendors in our giant team of outside vendors. The actual ceremony was magical. Some of it was due to perfect weather and a perfect setting. But a lot of it was based on the words and pacing Jude helped write and orchestrate. People were laughing... people were crying... and weeks later, people are still saying it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they've ever attended. Much of that praise is thanks to Jude!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Gregg L

It was a real privilege to have been married by Rev.Jude. She created the most special experience for my husband and me. Rev. Jude worked so hard, with very little time, to create a ceremony that reflected both who we were as a couple and how important the day was. Every single... Read More one of our guests commented on how incredible the ceremony was. Rev. Jude is a gifted individual who will exceed your expectation by a million. My husband and I can not recommend her enough. She is the one you want.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Nick C

Rev. Jude Smith was truly amazing. There aren't enough words to describe how incredible she is at what she does. Her warmth and authenticity radiated through the crowd making for the most special of ceremonies; no joke, every guest commented on how great she was. Jude is a... Read More godsend! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Kristen E

Having Rev. Jude officiate your wedding is like having one of your best friends perform your ceremony. We found her on the Knot thanks to many wonderful reviews, and from the moment my now husband and I spoke with her, we knew she was the perfect officiant for our wedding.... Read More What is truly amazing about Jude is the amount of time she spends with you to prepare for your marriage. To her, it's not just about the ceremony, it is about the lifelong journey that comes after. Having her there to guide us through creating a beautiful and unique ceremony to start off our marriage truly centered us, which is amazing and much needed as you are going through your wedding planning. We loved spending time with Jude as she got to know us as a couple. She listened to us and was such a great pillar to talk to as we created a beautiful ceremony in partnership with her. We enjoyed the meetings and phone calls we had with Jude, she is like speaking to one of your most trusted friends. The day of the wedding, having Jude with us was so calming, especially as we were both a little nervous to be standing in front of a big group of family and friends. The ceremony was beautiful, and included traditions from our Irish heritage. Jude has a unique talent of capturing guests with her words, and we are so grateful that we found her to make our marriage official. There really aren't enough words to describe just how wonderful Jude is. Her ceremonies are beautiful, and capture the hearts of all who are present with you as you join together in marriage. You will love having her there to guide you and work with you to create a powerful and unique ceremony to start your lives together!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Nicole S

Jude gave my husband and I the most memorable, most special, and most personal wedding ceremony we ever could have asked for. We and all of our guests were absolutely in love with the ceremony! For someone who only knew us in this small portion of our lives, Jude felt like an... Read More old friend who had always known us. She was a delight to work with and we highly recommend her. There wasn't a detail we would have changed!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin L

Jude was absolutely wonderful. She gave us the ceremony of our dreams — warm, personal, and unique. We had so many people come up to us after the wedding to say how much they enjoyed the ceremony, and we absolutely loved that it was specially tailored just for us. Thank you,... Read More Jude, for making our special day extra special with your beautiful words!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Wade and C

Highly recommended! Rev. Jude Smith married us on May 23, 2016. We feel so lucky that we have chosen Jude from a long list of officiants suggested to us. The whole process of our wedding as administered by Jude was marvelous and our experience with Jude is beyond expectation.... Read More You may have read many generous reviews and commending words on Jude, we feel the same, but one thing we would like to add, which we are especially happy about, is Jude’s interfaith and spiritual development that enables her to care for our spiritual needs and infuse the spiritual elements into our wedding to make it, as we believe, a sublimated one beyond ordinary vows and resonating among our families and guests of similar spiritual belief. Jude has truly touched our hearts and we will always be thankful for her marrying us.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ian S

Jude Smith is wonderful. Professional, open, honest, caring, considerate. My partner and I did not know what to expect with our first meeting with Jude, but we were so pleasantly surprised by her kindness and step-by-step approach to crafting a ceremony. I think Jude is so... Read More successful because she is clearly able to work with a wide range of people and personalities. She was open to our suggestions and ideas -- we had many! -- and even when she may have thought we were a little odd or outside the box, she always found a way to make it work. Jude is not the type to impose her ideas on her clients -- she fully respects the individual and personal nature of crafting a ceremony but is experienced enough to know what will work and what may not. So her suggestions were always welcome. Working with her truly was a collaborative effort. She made us feel special every time we had a meeting with her, she never rushed us, and the ceremony itself was wonderful. It's easy to overlook just how important the officiant is to setting the tone for the ceremony and to making guests feel at ease, in good hands, but this cannot be overstated or taken for granted; Jude understands this. She is perfect. SO many people commented on how impressed they were with her. And we cannot recommend Jude Smith more highly.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Courtney R

Planning a wedding can be chaotic and stressful, but Rev. Jude Smith made sure that our ceremony was perfect! From our first email correspondence to the signing of the marriage license, Rev. Jude was professional, helpful, and sincere. She offered guidance and soothed our... Read More nerves with her kindness, composure, and attention to the details that you would never think about until you’re planning your own wedding. We had a non-religious ceremony and Rev. Jude made sure that it was uniquely crafted for us—not abstract & ambiguous as we have seen at some other non-religious ceremonies. She provided an abundance of resources from which we could draw inspiration, but made sure to take the time to get to know us in order to personalize our ceremony. Rev. Jude is not joking when she says she speaks the language of love – her warmth emanated through her heartfelt words and her smile was contagious. She spoke calmly and confidently throughout the ceremony and made sure that we were able to soak up every single moment. We whole-heartedly recommend Rev. Jude; working with her was a pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 LeighAnn T

I have had the honor of working with Rev. Jude Smith several times at the venue I work for. When I got engaged I knew right away that she was going to be the one to marry my fiancé and me. Her ceremonies are always so thoughtful and filled with some much love and emotion.... Read More You can tell that she loves what she does. She spends a great amount of time making your ceremony special. Everyone raved about how it was the best ceremony they have ever witnessed. I don’t have enough kind words to say about Rev. Jude Smith.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Latisha S

If I could give Rev. Jude 10 stars I absolutely would. I don't think I have enough wonderful words to say about her. Within minutes of our first conversation with her, we knew that we had to choose Rev. Jude Smith for our ceremony. She was warm, sensitive, and accommodating... Read More to all of our needs and concerns, and provided us with all of the guidance we needed to help us create a beautiful ceremony. My husband and I were long distance, so we were able to have multiple phone calls, emails, and Skype sessions to make working together extra convenient. So may people told us how touched they were by our ceremony, even folks who aren't typically emotional. I cannot thank Rev. Jude enough for making our day so special and absolutely amazing.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Vince D

Reverend Jude listened to us, calmed us and guided us through what became a wonderful journey to our wedding day. From the first time we met Reverend Jude through the exploration of our love to the ceremony, Reverend Jude was patient, understanding and respectful to all we... Read More wanted to do. Ours was a destination wedding with preparation done over the phone, through email and numerous face to face visits. Reverend Jude gave us such great support and encouragement to make our ceremony a true reflection of us. We didn't make it easy for her! The result was a ceremony of wonder, joy and love that we and our guests will never forget. Thank you Reverend Jude!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Samantha I

My fiancé and I are interfaith- Jewish and agnostic/nondenominational- and it was difficult finding someone who made us feel like us.. until we met Jude. From the moment we first spoke with Jude we felt comfortable and confident in her abilities. She got to know us and put... Read More together the most perfect ceremony- a ceremony that defined us as a couple for the first time. She kept us on track with our vows and ceremony preferences and helped us through the whole process. Our wedding ceremony was the best part of our day, thanks to Jude. She made us feel bonded and alone in a room full of loved ones. All around a great decision to work with her and we'll never forget what she did for us throughout the wedding process and on the big day. You really can't go wrong. Thank you Jude!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Maddy G

We had the pleasure of working with Jude for our wedding this past July. While our wedding was in NY we live in Colorado and Jude was fantastic at coordinating skype sessions with us. We also were married on a military post that had strict rules in regards to ceremonies and Jude... Read More handled everything perfectly! My husband and I felt completely at ease and so happy that we chose Jude!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Marissa L

Throughout the entire process, Jude was always thoughtful and helpful. Over several meetings, she allowed us to hone our ceremony into exactly what we wanted, always making sure of our comfort. Her experience is unparalleled, and her calm and soothing tone of voice during our... Read More ceremony was exactly what we wished for. She even helped us to create a reading specifically for our ceremony, and even provided a prop in the eleventh hour on the day. Jude was our rock, and was an essential part of making our ceremony absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

Rev. Jude Smith was absolutely great to work with! She makes such a great effort to understand you as a couple as well as what you are looking for in an officiant and makes sure to tie it all in during your ceremony. During your initial meeting, she learns about you as a couple... Read More and then takes time to draft up a speech, which she will then review with you and accept any feedback. There are no guessing games, everything is laid out exactly how it will be on your special day! During the first conversation with her, you can feel her warm spirit and amazing energy. By your last meeting before your special day, you can't help but to feel comfortable and confident in your decision to choose Rev. Jude Smith. She was absolutely pleasant to work with! -Isabel & Daniel

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Jude did a wonderful job working with us to create a ceremony that really represented us as a couple. She made it unique and heartfelt and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a ceremony that is special and personal.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016

We just married 2 weeks ago and so happy we chose Jude Smith! She was so warm and welcoming each step of the way up until our actual ceremony. It was indeed short and sweet, but with a spiritual touch that would not have occurred at a City Hall wedding. We are so glad that we... Read More decided to travel up to Rhinebeck from Manhattan. Our experience was exactly what we had hoped for! - Maureen and Daniel