Rev. Marcia Boyer - My Best Ceremony

Lake Geneva, Racine, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Madison, no. IL

Custom Ceremonies Celebrating the Joy of Your Love

Let's celebrate your journey together! In honor of your commitment to each other, I create a ceremony both memorable and uniquely yours for your wedding. Allow my experience and expertise to blend together what is most important to you as a couple--a lifetime memory that you will cherish forever!

Religious Affiliations

Nondenominational, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Lake Geneva, WI Lake Geneva, Racine, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Madison, no. IL (262) 725-3483

Wonderful Officiant

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Erin K

We toyed with having a friend or family member marry us when we decided that we weren't going to have our ceremony in a church. The more we thought about it the more we realized that this was going to just add more to our list of things to do, write the ceremony, figure out... Read More where we get and file a license, plan the rehearsal, etc. My mom and I came across Marcia at the Lake Geneva Bridal Showcase last year and were really impressed. My mom was the one who initially started talking to her and grabbed her information. A few months later when we had to make a decision, I found her brochure and gave her a call. I knew from our initial discussion that this was going to be a good choice. There was something even about her voice that made me feel so calm and I loved it. We booked her that day and began the ceremony planning process. I ordered Marcia's book and read it front to back in a day and then had my mom read it. We loved it and again were assured she was a good choice. Seeing her face and hearing her voice put me in such a good place and that is a true gift she has. I felt so stress free the whole weekend and she performed and amazing ceremony that people are still talking about. I loved the personal touches she added. I would highly suggest Reverend Marcia Boyer to anyone looking for someone to perform a wedding in the Lake Geneva/Fontana area!

2017-08-24T13:53:55 Response from the vendor

Hi Erin and Alex, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I remember the moment your mom and I and then you and I talked at the Bridal Showcase, then sitting with you and Alex to plan your ceremony. You had very specific ideas... Read Less Read More

Rev. Marcia Boyer is amazing!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 K.C. F

I can't even begin to explain how important Rev. Marcia Boyer was in making our wedding day the best day of our lives. We knew she was the right person to officiate our ceremony as soon as we met her. She is wise, kind and knows how to create a personalized wedding ceremony that... Read More you'll always remember. I wouldn't have thought that being creative would be essential to an officiant but it really is! She really made an effort to get to know us and we spent quite a bit of time with her before the ceremony discussion what we wanted and she then provided a lot of great recommendations. She crafted an amazing ceremony that told our story and engaged all of our friends and family. During the rehearsal she took charge and made sure that everyone knew where to be and what to do. She was great! On the day of the ceremony, she was the calming force that set the tone for the entire ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. I highly recommend Rev. Marcia.

2014-10-23T21:23:07 Response from the vendor

Dear KC, Wow- thank you so much for this gracious and edifying review. I can still see you standing there looking serene and happy and beautiful in your gorgeous dress, and David never took his eyes off you during the entire ceremony. It was really... Read Less Read More

Outstanding Officiant!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Our officiant for our wedding day in September was Marcia Boyer. We found her from our ceremony/reception site, as she was recommended. There were a few other recommendations so I called all of them to initially talk, figure out a price, and see if they were available. What... Read More set Marcia apart from the rest right away was that she asked about Corrie and I as a couple. She didn't just jump into our religious beliefs or hers, and she didn't just rattle off her requirements, etc. She actually talked to me and it was the easiest conversation. From that point on we signed a contract and the rest was smooth sailing. Marcia was always available to contact via phone or email and I never felt as though I was bothering her. She had a very detailed (yet easy) questionnaire to fill out for us before we met with her so that she could begin to get to know us better and to understand what we were looking for in our ceremony. She even sent us thorough instructions for how to register for a marriage license, etc. Flash forward to our rehearsal and wedding...my family could not get enough of her! She was very calm, firm NOT bossy, and got us through the rehearsal in 45 minutes. She even had a side conversation with our Aunt who was struggling during a reading for the ceremony. Our Aunt came up to us the morning after our wedding and said that Marcia gave her really great advice after the rehearsal so that she felt tons more comfortable reading for the actual ceremony...and she did do a great job!! We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Guests told us it was the most personal ceremony they had ever been too...and Corrie and I credit that to Marcia completely. She got to know us as individuals and brought those pieces into the ceremony. We never felt forced to do something. She made people laugh, cry, and smile. If you have the chance, I highly recommend investing in Marica...she will not disappoint!

2017-08-24T13:48:00 Response from the vendor

Liz, thank you so much for this AMAZING review- I am truly grateful and blessed. We had a wonderful day, and flash forward to now: 2 beautiful daughters- building that volleyball/baseball team- the first of whom I had the privilege and JOY of baptizing. And... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kari B

I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was to have Reverend Joan officiate our ceremony. She was fantastic to work with from beginning to end and really captured what our relationship is. We received nothing but compliments on our ceremony as it was so personable and... Read More touching. She really included a lot of us into a very special day,that's something we'll never forget it and we are so eternally grateful for. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Sarah M

Reverend Marcia Boyer was an amazing officiant for our June wedding! She was easy to talk to and knew exactly how to put together an amazing ceremony. From the initial email to the wedding day, I never felt concerned. The rehearsal was also a breeze! Highly recommended!

2017-08-24T13:42:53 Response from the vendor

Sarah and Brad,thank you so much for your kind words and great review. Sarah, you were beautiful up there and Brad, I loved the way you looked at Sarah throughout the ceremony. It was a perfect wedding on a perfect June day; thank you for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Miranda T

From the moment our ceremony ended, we have received endless compliments about our ceremony. Marcia made everything so personal from telling our love story down to our Beer Blending Ceremony. We and our guests were floored with how unique and special Marcia made our marriage... Read More ceremony. It was such a special moment between the two of us and we were so glad our guests could share in such a personal experience. Thank you so much Marcia!

2017-06-07T22:34:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Miranda and Mike, for giving me the honor of being your wedding minister. It was incredible to witness you both speaking the vows you wrote for each other- very beautiful. I loved your Beer Blending ceremony too- perfect for your love story and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jessica K

Reverend Marcia was a joy to work with. She was exactly what we were looking for to marry my husband and I because she was nice, professional, funny, and supported us from the beginning. Our wedding day was a day we will remember forever and I'm glad she was a part of it!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kayla S

Absolutly amazing! Every single guest gave a compliment on our ceremony. She made us feel so at ease on the biggest day of our lives. Youd be crazy to pass her up!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Toni P

My son and daughter in law were married this past August. I was delighted to have Rev. Marcia Boyer unite them in marriage. She is a beautiful person inside and out. Being in the wedding industry I've seen here share her love and kind words over couples-she is a amazing... Read More woman.

2017-06-07T22:41:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Toni. I am always very honored when another professional in the wedding industry and our professional community refer me, as you did to your son Taylor and Nicole. You see everyone so I am grateful for your comments and compliments- thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Eduardo S

Reverend Marcia officiated our wedding this past June . She did a great job telling our story and we felt she truly cared. I would highly recommend her for your next event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Bridget M

Reverend Marcia made our day absolutely perfect! Everyone in our guest party, couldn't stop talking about how it was the very best ceremony they had ever attended. My husband and I felt completely blessed and happy with our time with Reverend Marcia. When you place the most... Read More important day in the hands of someone else you hope and pray for the best and that is exactly what we got! We can't thank her enough for the beauty of that day...

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kimberly K

Rev. Marcia Boyer officiated my wedding on July 1, 2016 and she was amazing! My husband and I are from Illinois and were given her name by the facility where our ceremony was being held. We met her and fell in love with her instantly! She was very warm and sincere, and she took... Read More the time to get to know us so that she could create a ceremony that was truly and uniquely us. My husband and I wholeheartedly recommend her!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kimberly K

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Denise M

Marcia created a perfect custom ceremony for us! From honoring our passed on loved ones to the family vows between my husband and son. We received compliment after compliment from family and friends regarding our warm and loving ceremony. I am so happy we chose Marcia to... Read More perform our ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Marcia was FANTASTIC throughout our entire process. She is very well-spoken, articulate, and has a calming charm to her voice and demeanor. When stress and anxiety was running high with me, Marcia stepped right in and handled herself with professionalism, kindness, and a lot of... Read More love! She is the type of Reverend who everyone should have marry them! I can only hope our relationship/friendship has only just begun! I will forever be grateful for her! I'm so proud she was a special part of our day! xoxo

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie P

Reverend Marcia is wonderful. She is very compassionate about her work and does everything she can to make your day absolutely perfect! We knew right away after meeting her we made the right decision to hire her. She takes the time to sit down with you and go over all of the... Read More possible options that she can provide to make your day exactly how you imagined it to be. All of our guests were very impressed by our ceremony and made comments how special it was. We would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda M

Marcia was amazing! She made the ceremony flow perfectly and kept us both relaxed and calm throughout the whole process. She customized the entire ceremomy, which was very important to us since neither of us are religious. She worked with us to make the ceremony extremely... Read More special and exactly what we wanted! I was worried when looking for an officiant that we wouldn't be able to find someone who would make a non-religious ceremony, but we found her and it was PERFECT! No one had a dry eye - laughing and crying the entire time. Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Rev. Marcia Boyer really made an effort to get to know us and it definitely showed during the ceremony. She created an amazing ceremony that told our loved story and engaged our friends and family. The ceremony was so personalized and very true to us as a couple. We have heard... Read More nothing but compliments from the guests on how wonderful she was and how great and personable the ceremony was. Also, she took charge during rehearsal and made sure that everyone knew where to be and what to do. It was a huge help! I highly recommend using Marcia. I can’t say enough good things about her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

REVEREND MARCIA BOYER MADE OUR WEDDING ONE OF A KIND! It has been three months and our guests are still talking about how wonderful Marcia Boyer was. She wrote our love story and incorporated it into a unique one of a kind ceremony that our guest are still raving about. She... Read More met with us, asked us some questions and used this information to make our ceremony, unique, funny and romantic. It could not have been done any better. We cannot thank you enough Marcia!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Margaret M

Marcia was incredible! She made our day so special. She set the tone for the whole wedding, took control of the rehearsal and made sure the ceremony ran smoothly the day of. She made sure that our day was unique to us, and told our love story in an incredibly romantic way. I... Read More can't recommend her enough. She made our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Julie G

Very professional. Highly recommended! She designed a beautiful ceremony. My ceremony was one of my favorite parts of the enire day!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Glynesta R

We had Reverend Marcia Boyer as our officiant. She really made a solid effort to get to know my husband and me. We had to fill out a questionnaire as well and it may seem tedious at the time (with everything else that goes on) but I really think it added great value to our... Read More experience. She was really able to capture our love story. We received many compliments on her from our guests and they loved how personable the ceremony was. Exactly what we wanted! She was very easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Marcia!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Catherine D

Marcia did a fantastic job officiating my wedding. At our first meeting, Marcia made us feel so at ease. We felt that she really wanted to get to know our likes and dislikes as well as our love story. Marcia was always available and prompt when communicating, and is very... Read More professional. I could not have imagined a more perfect ceremony and it was all thanks to Marcia. She put serious effort into writing our ceremony and really cared that everything went smoothly on our wedding day. Marcia even made sure that I had plenty of tissues stashed at the alter for my many tears and helped to calm my nerves right before the ceremony. I would definitely recommend Marcia to anyone planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

One of the most important decisions is the officiant of your wedding. Reverend Boyer was the best decision. She took the time to get to know us and to develop a ceremony personal to our love, family, profession, and religious beliefs. She acted as not only the officiant, but... Read More also a little bit of wedding planner. She was a calming presence and made sure everything went according to plan. We will never forget our beautiful ceremony thanks to Reverend Boyer.

Personalized and wonderful

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Sabrina G

Rev. Marcia is a lovely lady. I truly enjoyed working with her. She really listens to what you want and creates a ceremony to match. I loved that she sent out a questionnaire for my husband and I to fill out that tells our story and allows us to tell her exactly what we hoped to... Read More express to our guests at our ceremony. She truly personalizes the ceremony that she writes so that it fits you. My husband and I met at Kmart and our best man and maid of honor worked there with us. It was one of our co-workers who pushed us together, and that was mentioned in our story. It received quite a few laughs because she was at the ceremony. I also liked that she has examples of many different ways to express your vows if you choose not to write your own and you are able to pick exactly which way you want to express your love. It is no lie when she says that you personalize your ceremony and get exactly what you want. After reading the questionnaire, she meets with you personally and you put together an outline of the ceremony, after the meeting she writes your ceremony and emails it to you so you are able to critique it and make any changes you wish so that your wedding day is as you imagine it to be. She even takes charge at the rehearsal and makes sure that everyone knows where to go, when to go, and how fast to go when walking down the aisle. I thought it was great that she knew exactly how long my husband and I were supposed to kiss so that everyone could get the best pictures. My only complaint is that Marcia didn't stick around for very long after the ceremony. We signed the license and got a quick picture together and then she was gone. I would have like to have had a moment to thank her for the lovely ceremony and being so great, but I didn't have the chance.

2015-12-11T22:27:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, Sabrina. I am so glad you and Ryan were happy with the ceremony, and that it was so well received by your family and friends. I actually stayed for about 30 minutes after your ceremony; after we signed... Read Less Read More

Reverend Marcia Boyer

Reverend Marcia began officiating wedding ceremonies in 2000. Her joy is to co-create a personalized ceremony and then hold a space of love and peace for her couples as they begin their married life together. Marcia lives in Lake Geneva and continues to expand her wedding ministry by officiating ceremonies throughout WI and northern IL. She also facilitates courses on relationship enhancement, and other spiritual classes and workshops.