Rev. Marcia Boyer - My Best Ceremony

Lake Geneva, Racine, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Madison, no. IL

Custom Ceremonies Celebrating the Joy of Your Love

Let's celebrate your journey together! In honor of your commitment to each other, I create a ceremony both memorable and uniquely yours for your wedding. Allow my experience and expertise to blend together what is most important to you as a couple--a lifetime memory that you will cherish forever!

Religious Affiliations

Nondenominational, Spiritual, Unitarian

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

Lake Geneva, WI Lake Geneva, Racine, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Madison, no. IL (262) 725-3483

Wonderful Officiant

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Erin K

We toyed with having a friend or family member marry us when we decided that we weren't going to have our ceremony in a church. The more we thought about it the more we realized that this was going to just add more to our list of things to do, write the ceremony, figure out... Read More where we get and file a license, plan the rehearsal, etc. My mom and I came across Marcia at the Lake Geneva Bridal Showcase last year and were really impressed. My mom was the one who initially started talking to her and grabbed her information. A few months later when we had to make a decision, I found her brochure and gave her a call. I knew from our initial discussion that this was going to be a good choice. There was something even about her voice that made me feel so calm and I loved it. We booked her that day and began the ceremony planning process. I ordered Marcia's book and read it front to back in a day and then had my mom read it. We loved it and again were assured she was a good choice. Seeing her face and hearing her voice put me in such a good place and that is a true gift she has. I felt so stress free the whole weekend and she performed and amazing ceremony that people are still talking about. I loved the personal touches she added. I would highly suggest Reverend Marcia Boyer to anyone looking for someone to perform a wedding in the Lake Geneva/Fontana area!

2017-08-24T13:53:55 Response from the vendor

Hi Erin and Alex, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I remember the moment your mom and I and then you and I talked at the Bridal Showcase, then sitting with you and Alex to plan your ceremony. You had very specific ideas... Read Less Read More

Rev. Marcia Boyer is amazing!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 K.C. F

I can't even begin to explain how important Rev. Marcia Boyer was in making our wedding day the best day of our lives. We knew she was the right person to officiate our ceremony as soon as we met her. She is wise, kind and knows how to create a personalized wedding ceremony that... Read More you'll always remember. I wouldn't have thought that being creative would be essential to an officiant but it really is! She really made an effort to get to know us and we spent quite a bit of time with her before the ceremony discussion what we wanted and she then provided a lot of great recommendations. She crafted an amazing ceremony that told our story and engaged all of our friends and family. During the rehearsal she took charge and made sure that everyone knew where to be and what to do. She was great! On the day of the ceremony, she was the calming force that set the tone for the entire ceremony. I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. I highly recommend Rev. Marcia.

2014-10-23T21:23:07 Response from the vendor

Dear KC, Wow- thank you so much for this gracious and edifying review. I can still see you standing there looking serene and happy and beautiful in your gorgeous dress, and David never took his eyes off you during the entire ceremony. It was really... Read Less Read More

Outstanding Officiant!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Our officiant for our wedding day in September was Marcia Boyer. We found her from our ceremony/reception site, as she was recommended. There were a few other recommendations so I called all of them to initially talk, figure out a price, and see if they were available. What... Read More set Marcia apart from the rest right away was that she asked about Corrie and I as a couple. She didn't just jump into our religious beliefs or hers, and she didn't just rattle off her requirements, etc. She actually talked to me and it was the easiest conversation. From that point on we signed a contract and the rest was smooth sailing. Marcia was always available to contact via phone or email and I never felt as though I was bothering her. She had a very detailed (yet easy) questionnaire to fill out for us before we met with her so that she could begin to get to know us better and to understand what we were looking for in our ceremony. She even sent us thorough instructions for how to register for a marriage license, etc. Flash forward to our rehearsal and wedding...my family could not get enough of her! She was very calm, firm NOT bossy, and got us through the rehearsal in 45 minutes. She even had a side conversation with our Aunt who was struggling during a reading for the ceremony. Our Aunt came up to us the morning after our wedding and said that Marcia gave her really great advice after the rehearsal so that she felt tons more comfortable reading for the actual ceremony...and she did do a great job!! We received so many compliments on our ceremony. Guests told us it was the most personal ceremony they had ever been too...and Corrie and I credit that to Marcia completely. She got to know us as individuals and brought those pieces into the ceremony. We never felt forced to do something. She made people laugh, cry, and smile. If you have the chance, I highly recommend investing in Marica...she will not disappoint!

2017-08-24T13:48:00 Response from the vendor

Liz, thank you so much for this AMAZING review- I am truly grateful and blessed. We had a wonderful day, and flash forward to now: 2 beautiful daughters- building that volleyball/baseball team- the first of whom I had the privilege and JOY of baptizing. And... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Sandra N

Rev. Joan Fergus, My Best Ceremony, was amazing as the Officiant for our daughter's November wedding in Lake Geneva. She was very responsive, extremely flexible and encouraged Sarah and Dustin when they decided to write their own vows. Rev. Joan also had very creative... Read More alternatives for certain parts of the ceremony. I highly recommend Rev. Joan and My Best Ceremony.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Jennifer P

Joan was our officiant and she was wonderful! She was super friendly and worked well with us on developing our ceremony the way we wanted it. Along the way gave advice or tips.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Darice L

Rev. Marcia was the best choice we could have ever made when choosing a wedding officiant for our ceremony. My husband wasn't interested in a "wordy" ceremony and wanted it to be short and to the point. Yet, after we had our first meeting with her, which was over the phone... Read More because we were out-of-state from where we got married, she made us laugh and cry...we quickly we fell in love with her. She asked some very good questions during that call that bonded my husband and I even more. We were so touched by that meeting that by the time we hung up the call, my husband said, "Wow, now I'm really looking forward to the ceremony. I know she's going to make it special." And special it was! She shared our story and brought everyone together in a way that we will forever remember. We also appreciated how she let us decide what we wanted to say in the ceremony and what we wanted to leave out. She provides a lot of guidance, which was very helpful, but she doesn't tell you what to do or how to do it. We really liked that. We were able to make the wedding our own and that's how it should be. The ceremony was beyond our expectations and we were extremely fortunate enough to have found her on The Knot. She is very knowledgable, personable, patient, thoughtful and reliable. Even though we are in Florida, we really hope to see her again one day. She touched our lives in ways words cannot express here. Choosing her to be your wedding officiant will be the best decision you make!! Do it!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Eric S

Marcia was extremely professional and very accommodating. She had every detail taken care of before and after the ceremony. My family was very appreciative for the time spent getting every detail correct to our needs.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Olivia W

Marcia will make your ceremony an incredibly magical experience for all who attend! The way that she custom writes your ceremony from beginning to end is just amazing. I was so blown away when we received our first draft... I couldn't read through it without getting teary-eyed!... Read More We received so many compliments from our guests about how unique and personal our ceremony was. Every word was heartfelt, but not overdone; as well as to the point, but never dull at any moment. As a bride, it was so easy for me to have Marcia there to focus in on during the ceremony, to ease my nerves. The way she presents the ceremony feels like there's no one else in the room besides her and your husband/wife, which is so comforting and beautifully intimate. There are so many incredible things I can say about Marcia as a person, and an officiant, but then I would have to write a novel!! From the bottom of Justin and I's hearts... thank you, Marcia. We love you and are forever grateful for the beautiful day that you gave us! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Shannon W

Rev. Marcia exceeded our expectations on our wedding day. She went above and beyond when we met with her to make sure she really got to know both myself and my husband. When time came around to do our rehearsal, she got everyone to pay attention (which, if you knew our bridal... Read More party, wasn't an easy task) and made it such a smooth process. I had no doubt Marcia would knock it our of the park on our wedding day. And oh did she ever! There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd by the end of the ceremony. Everything went without a hitch and when I look back I still can't believe how perfect it went. Thank you, Rev. Marcia!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Patti C

Words do not do justice how much we appreciate Rev Marcia Boyer during our wedding preparation and ceremony. We have been married nearly 6 months and we continue to receive rave reviews about our ceremony with Marcia Boyer at The Abbey. Her guidance and expertise gave us a... Read More level of comfort during the stressful planning process. What resonated most with our family and friends was how personal the ceremony was. Rev Marcia gave us great ideas but was also very open to incorporating our vision as well. I would highly recommend Rev Marcia Boyer for your wedding - you will NOT be disappointed :-)

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Joe S

My wife Rebecca and I were extremely pleased with the ceremony Rev. Marcia Boyer put together for us. She wrote a beautiful personalized ceremony that we received numerous compliments on. Her guidance before and during the ceremony really helped things go smoothly. We would... Read More highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding. Thanks again, Marcia!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Deborah L

We worked with Reverend Joan for our ceremony and it was amazing! She sat down with us for a few hours to meet us both and to get to know us. We found out that absolutely everything in the ceremony was customizable! She had numerous samples that we could (and did) customize.... Read More Everything was such a great ceremony and we had so many people mention that it was the nicest ceremony they have seen! Thank you so much Reverend Joan for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Keri E

Rev Joan was wonderful!! She helped us to create a ceremony that was personal and unique. She included our love story and spoke to the values that my husband and I hold most dear. It was perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jenna M

We were so in love with Reverend Marcia's ceremony. This was truly my most favorite part of our wedding. She truly makes you feel so comfortable and confident. She tells you little things that you wouldn't think to do. Such as if your partner is having a difficult time just... Read More squeeze their hand to let them know it is okay. The other very intimate and special thing she did was when we were rehearsing she did it with all of our party, then for our vows she had every leave as we practiced by ourselves. This was such a special time to be with just the two of us and feel what we are saying to each other. I will cherish that forever. We were both so happy we chose Rev Marcia to marry us. The ceremony was flawless (you could tell she practiced) and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. 6.17.2017 Keith & Jenna

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kyle K

My wife Christine and I were honored to have Rev. Joan Fergus of My Best Ceremony for our wedding. Reverend Joan was great to work with and was very flexible on making the ceremony our own. We were so happy with the outcome and received so many compliments on how beautiful the... Read More ceremony was. We couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Morgan F

We had Rev. Joan Fergus, she was a truly kind and caring soul! Marcia was as well when we worked with her at the beginning of this process. They made everything easy, Joan socialized with all our guests, and really fit in as one of the family. She was great via email... Read More communications and offered a lot of valuable advice also. Get to know them and they will make your day incredibly special. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a good soul and a soft heart to take them into the next chapter of their lives.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Tamara G

Iam very happy,from the moment We met Joan.I knew she would lead us into a very meaningful and special ceremony..her personality is warm and heartfelt..we truely would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lauren G

Reverend Marcia did such a wonderful job with our wedding ceremony. She was very professional and organized, you can tell she's done this many times and she gave us a lot of advice about how to run a ceremony. I'm so glad she did because it turned out exactly the way I... Read More wanted. After our meeting, she emailed me a script so I could read exactly what she would be saying during the ceremony. I was able to give her recommendations and even change things myself, word for word! She was very good at listening to what I wanted for our ceremony and delivering! I was so impressed. What's also so great about Rev Marcia is her as a person. She has a soothing voice, is down to earth, and has a welcoming presence about her. It made the feel for the ceremony to be spiritual, relaxing, joyful, and personal. I got so many compliments about how wonderful the ceremony was and how personal it was. Lastly, I have to comment about the rehearsal. I had a huge wedding party and a lot of family at the rehearsal. She immediately took charge and made sure that everyone knew where they were going, what to do, and the flow of everything. It took so much of the stress off of me because I didn't have to do anything except follow her lead and it eased my mind about the ceremony the next day. I would 100% recommend Rev Marcia!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jordyn S

My husband and I heard great things about Rev. Marcia Boyer through friends and even our wedding coordinator. We decided to reach out to hear to speak with her about officiating our wedding this past May. From the minute we spoke with her on the phone, we fell in love. We... Read More immediately booked her as our officiant. A about a month or two before the wedding, we sat down with Marcia and went over a questionnaire that she had given us prior to our meeting with her. After telling her our story and deciding on key things we wanted to be in our ceremony, Marcia took it from there. A couple weeks went by and she had e-mailed us our very personalized ceremony, word for word, and it brought tears to our eyes. Night before the wedding, Marcia ran our rehearsal with the wedding party and also pulled my husband and I to the side to rehearse our vows privately. Our big day was amazing and it would not have been so amazing without Rev. Marcia Boyer. She is so sweet, kind and extremely warm-hearted. She took our 5 year relationship and put it in a story to share with our family and friends. Thank you for making our wedding day unforgettable.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kate L

Marcia - thank you so much for contributing to the wedding of my dreams. From the moment I reached out to you I felt like I was placed in such good hands. A bride has so many things circling around her head as she prepares for her wedding day. You took such great care in... Read More preparing the ceremony, counseling us on tradition and etiquette as well as ensuring at the end of the day the ceremony was all about me and my husband. Thank you for your love, care, patience and for being at the center of one life's best memory!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Matthew B

Rev. Boyer was great with us throughout the entire process. She was a calming influence, which really helped out my wife, who was nervous about planning our out-of-state wedding. Marcia talked us through every step, took our input for how we wanted everything worded for the... Read More ceremony and vows, and even helped us balance the language to please our mixed crowd of Catholics, evangelicals, and sneering atheists. She drew rave reviews from everyone at the ceremony. Thanks again, Marcia!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Ashley B

Rev. Marcia was wonderful! We got so many compliments from our guests on our ceremony! She let us see the ceremony before our day and make any changes we wanted; however, there were few changes as she really did an amazing job summarizing why we loved each other and what our... Read More marriage meant to us. Her voice is perfect for drawing the crowd's attention and she even stepped in to make sure the microphone and readings were all ready and the wine ceremony set up before we begin. Overall, she went above and beyond our expectations and we could not have asked for a better ceremony! We really appreciated her professionalism and the catering to our families and customization of our love, religion and preferences that she put into our day! We would definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Brooke M

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Rev. Marcia Boyer for our wedding. We live out of state, and communication with Rev. Marcia Boyer could have not been better. She is very reliable and will get back to you in a timely manner for any of your questions or... Read More concerns. As our wedding day came, she was very personable and was able to bring the key fundamentals of our presence that day. In her reading she was able to show both of our personalities with stories, and the amount of love we have for each other.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kari B

I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was to have Reverend Joan officiate our ceremony. She was fantastic to work with from beginning to end and really captured what our relationship is. We received nothing but compliments on our ceremony as it was so personable and... Read More touching. She really included a lot of us into a very special day,that's something we'll never forget it and we are so eternally grateful for. Thank you so much for everything!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Sarah M

Reverend Marcia Boyer was an amazing officiant for our June wedding! She was easy to talk to and knew exactly how to put together an amazing ceremony. From the initial email to the wedding day, I never felt concerned. The rehearsal was also a breeze! Highly recommended!

2017-08-24T13:42:53 Response from the vendor

Sarah and Brad,thank you so much for your kind words and great review. Sarah, you were beautiful up there and Brad, I loved the way you looked at Sarah throughout the ceremony. It was a perfect wedding on a perfect June day; thank you for... Read Less Read More

Reverend Marcia Boyer

Reverend Marcia began officiating wedding ceremonies in 2000. Her joy is to co-create a personalized ceremony and then hold a space of love and peace for her couples as they begin their married life together. Marcia lives in Lake Geneva and continues to expand her wedding ministry by officiating ceremonies throughout WI and northern IL. She also facilitates courses on relationship enhancement, and other spiritual classes and workshops.