Charleston's Premier Wedding Photography Artists

Top 10 Richard Bell Photography facts: 1) Preposterously creative 2) Stealthy like ninjas 3) Calm & in control 4) Fast & flexible 5) Thoughtful & considerate 6) Preferred by venues & coordinators 7) Professional (not snooty) 8) Confident (not bossy) 9) Artsy (not flaky) 10) Fairly hilarious. Also, we take pictures at weddings! Hit us up. Lets see if we're a good fit.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Bow2008 09

672 Marina Drive, Charleston, SC (843) 767-6888

LOVE Richard Bell Photography

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Kelly A

Nathan Bell was my photographer on my wedding day and he really has an eye for creative and unique shots. His work is efficient and he has a calm professional manner, I couldn't believe how quickly we were done with pictures. LOVE my wedding photos. I feel they are a perfect... Read More balanace of tradition but with a little something extra to make you go, "WOW"!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Reanna W

Mell and James were INCREDIBLE. They were so much fun and I'm so thankful we got them to do our wedding. I've seen a few 'teasers' of our wedding, and they are so beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of them! They are worth EVERY penny!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jordan M

Richard Bell Photography has one of the best reputations in Charleston for a reason! Let me just say Wanda Cavazos EXCEEDED any & all expectations! I can't even begin to describe her talent as she left me speechless. She is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot (like... Read More climbing in trees despite allergies). Obviously her talent for photography is incredible, but she's also patient in giving pose instructions. If you want BEAUTIFUL photos, belly laughs & an amazing experience, Wanda Cavazos at Richard Bell is your woman!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Kaitlin T

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further and hire Richard Bell Photography! The most important priority for my wedding is photography, and after reviewing numerous photographer options, Richard Bell Photography immediately caught my attention. Their photos are... Read More edgy, yet breathtaking, and I loved the creative touches that shined in their sample photos. Currently, my fiance and I have had two photo shoots with Mell Bell and Wanda, and they were both absolutely amazing experiences. Mell Bell was really able to listen to exactly what I was looking for in each session, and she went above and beyond (from laying on the hard ground to sprawling in the mud) just to capture the most magnificent and creative photos. She made my fiance and I feel so comfortable during each photo shoot, and we were both blown away by her photography talents. At the end of each session, we did not only receive amazing photos, but we truly received priceless works of art that we will cherish and display for a lifetime. We can not wait for her to photograph our wedding and even our future children, as we will definitely be going to Richard Bell Photography for all our photography needs. Richard Bell Photography was unarguably the best decision I have ever made for my wedding, and I recommend everyone to use Richard Bell Photography for any photography needs! They are simply the best!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 jennifer b

Absolutely LOVED Nathan, could not have asked for a better photographer. We used Nathan for our engagement pictures, bridal portrait and were lucky enough to have Nathan and James for our wedding. They were a dream to work and amongst the chaos of my bridal party remained... Read More organized. When I decided on Charleston I knew Richard Bell was the only choice. Our pictures are beyond words, they are just like a fairytale. I couldn't have been happier with my choice of photographer.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Mae B

Nathan is incredible. He captured my bridal portraits and our wedding. He knows what he's doing and gets the perfect shot every time. We have undoubtedly found OUR photographer and look forward to working with him and his staff in the future.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Ryan M

Wonderful!! We booked them for both our engagement photos and wedding photos! What was great is that we got to keep our photographer (James) for both shoots. Which was great because James knew US and he knew what shots would work for our personalities. We ended up being a... Read More "hurricane Friday" wedding and they are very accommodating to or reschedule date. Everyone loved our engagement photos and our wedding photos even more. James and Andy were very patience with our guests and our pup to get the right snap shot. We are excited to use Richard Bell Photography (and James!) again for future photo shoots, I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Anna B

If I could give Wanda and Cecilee 100 stars, I would! They had everything so organized and ready to go on our wedding day, the pictures were a breeze to get done. They made me feel beautiful and kept me laughing and smiling, even with the weather being a little dreary. They are... Read More a fabulous duo! My pictures turn out absolutely fabulous, and I can't wait to share them with my friends and family. Absolutely amazing and I would recommend to everyone :)

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Danielle Y

I absolutely recommend Richard Bell Photography to everyone!! They are down to earth, nice and genuine people, as well as super professional! I guarantee you will not only love their high quality customer service, but fall in love with their amazing work! You definitely get your... Read More money's worth and then some! Love these guys! Also, ladies, do yourself a favor and check out MellBella Boudoir & Pinup Photography! They are the absolute best at what they do and if you are anything like me, you'll probably go in super nervous and within 5 minutes of meeting them, you'll feel so relaxed and comfortable; dare I say even confident! By the end of the shoot, I wasn't ready to leave! Bottom line. Richard Bell Photography and MellBella are the way to go when you want something done right!! Thanks guys for all that you do!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Ashley D

UNBELIEVABLE. I don't even think there are words that adequately describe how wonderful Richard Bell Photography is. I had the pleasure of working with Nathan Bell for both my bridal portraits and my wedding, along with James Riley. My bridal portraits are out of this world. I... Read More knew they would be from the moment he showed me the unedited version on his camera that day. The six wedding sneak peaks we have gotten back so far give me chills. I can't tell you the number of people who have approached me after sharing them to say they are the most beautiful pictures they've ever seen. On top of giving you a top notch product that you will cherish for a lifetime, they are an absolute PLEASURE to work with. Nathan is one of the friendliest and most professional people I've met, both in the wedding industry and outside of it. James is also an absolute delight. They make sure to capture every shot that is important to you without you even knowing they are there. Nathan and James were literally in the grass laying down to capture the perfect angle. They are willing to go the extra mile. If I could give them 20 stars I would. Even though Nathan had never shot my venue before in Georgetown, SC, there is now anyone could have captured it better. If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. They are simply the best and your pictures are the most important part of your day and the one thing you will have to hold on to long after the dancing, cake, and food is gone. Nathan and James gave us memories that will last for generations to come. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with Richard Bell Photography.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kirsten K

We HIGHLY recommend Nathan. He was extremely professional and kind on our special day and put us at ease while going around taking photos. One of the things we enjoyed was how well organized he was. There was never hesitation or doubt about what he was doing or what he was... Read More asking of us. Many of our guests even complimented his work ethic and poise. One of the guest even told us that they were impressed because " They never saw him sitting, leaning, or just standing around." They did an exceptional job with our photos and they had great turn around time with getting our images to us. We were thrilled when we found Richard Bell Photography and we are still thrilled to have had them capture our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Amanda E

Choosing Richard Bell Photography for my October 2016 wedding was hands down the easiest and BEST wedding decision I made. I fell in love with RBP when Nathan and Mell teamed up for my brother's wedding back in May 2010 and knew then that when the day came, I just HAD to use... Read More them for my wedding! Fast forward 5.5 years later and they were the first vendor I contacted post-engagement to check on their availability before booking my venue and securing the date. We weren't able to use Mell as our second photographer because she was booked the day of our wedding, but James came along for the ride and was a ton of fun and very helpful! Every interaction I had with Nathan and his team at RBP was nothing but pleasant , professional, and prompt. I was so impressed with how quickly Nathan was able to get our digital albums to us following each shoot. I had my engagement shoot and bridal portraits done in Charleston and my wedding was in Columbia. I wanted to wait as late as possible to do my bridal portraits (since it is so hot in July and August in SC) and Nathan agreed to do them the first week of September and got them back within DAYS of shooting so I could order bridal portraits for the reception. My only regret out of the entire experience was not ordering my bridal portraits from RBP. I decided to go with an online company (to save some money) and they did not arrive in time for the event (despite a promised date 1 week before the wedding). I ended up having to use the 24-hour Walgreen canvas printer and needless to say, you could tell the canvases were printed in 24-hours. If you are going to display a canvas at your reception, go ahead and splurge on the higher quality RBP offers. Out of all the things a bride has to stress about regarding a wedding, I never once stressed about my pictures because I knew Nathan would do a fantastic job and they would be AMAZING. He didn't disappoint! I truly do not have enough good things to say about this company. They are the kindest people who truly care about their clients and pour their heart and soul into every shoot they do. These days there are so many people who enjoy photography as a hobby, but at RBP, you will find EXPERT photographers who have perfected their craft. The wedding day moves so quickly and you miss out on so many little things. I have LOVED looking back at my pictures and reliving the day time and time again. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further. I promise they will exceed all of your expectations!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Samantha C

Honestly people you couldn't get a better group of photographers. I know by looking at their photos that every one of these photographers are fabulous, but I know though experience that Nathan and James made my wedding day perfect! Not only are the few pics I've already seen... Read More beyond great but these men really know how to calm a bride and make sure the greatest moments are captured. They have the best advice on location, poses, facial expressions; they held my dress, veil and flowers, held an umbrella over my head while it rained, climbed down a cliff for the best shot, dealt with my family; and truly made me love every moment. The pictures made me cry happy tears. My dad who doesn't pay attention to wedding photos said they're the best pictures he's ever seen. Others have said they belong in a magazine. If you care about photos and want the best of your big day don't go anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kayla K

Richard Bell Photography is amazing! Mell and Chrissy were our photographers the day of our wedding. We live in Ohio and chose to do a destination wedding in Charleston SC so we hadn't met the girls until the day of the wedding. We LOVED them! They were so fun and so real! They... Read More laughed with us in the awkward moments and made us feel so beautiful and understood. We had so much fun in the 90 degree scorching sun and they still made me look beautiful regardless of the sweat & flat hair! We love our pictures so much. So thankful we chose them!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Michelle P

We can't say enough great things about Richard Bell Photography! We chose to go with Mell Bell....we loved her style! As a destination wedding, we actually didn't have a chance to meet until the day of our wedding, but I felt comfortable right from our very first phone... Read More conversation and felt like I was meeting an old friend on our wedding day! They really take the time to get to know you and your significant other by send surveys asking details about your family, friends, likes/dislikes, etc before the wedding (which is super helpful if you don't have a "traditional" family). The process is easy and seamless and Mell Bell was easy going and fun, but was still able to get our large wedding parties and families to cooperate when needed :) Mell Bell knew that my husband and I met in Philadelphia, so she had the wonderful suggestion of doing first look pictures in Philadelphia alley...close to our venue in the historic district of Charleston, and I couldn't be more thankful she suggested that as it was such a fun memory that we will look back on and a great way to incorporate the places we've lived as a couple!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brittany D

Wanda is AMAZING!!! She and her daughter Cecilee were so fun, quirky, and exceptionally professional. What a perfect mother-daughter duo! We could not have picked a better pair. My family and wedding party loved them too! Our wedding party was 23 people strong plus parents and... Read More siblings and extended family made us a pretty large group. They were able to control and have fun with everyone. We got every shot we wanted plus more than expected in unexpected places. Wanda and Cecilee really have an eye for spotting photo settings and backgrounds that would otherwise go unnoticed. We are so lucky that Wanda was available to shoot our wedding at the Wickliffe House in Charleston. Every time we look back at these photos it makes me emotional and lets us relive one of the happiest days of our lives. Leading up to, during, and after the wedding she and her team were incredible. They respond to emails quickly and were always so friendly. We worked with Nathan to set up our photo album after the wedding – he is so patient, funny and has the most infectious laugh! We had the chance interact with multiple members of the team and I have to say Richard Bell Photography is just every bride’s (couple's) dream. They take such care in walking you through every step, making timelines that work for you, setting up consultations (phone and in person), sending sweet cards for Christmas, and getting to know you! Just a great group of people. We love LOVE L-O-V-E Wanda but I’m pretty sure you could not go wrong with anyone at Richard Bell Photography. Thank y’all so much!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Marisa P

We were lucky enough to work with both Wanda and Mell for our wedding day! Richard Bell Photography is very well known in Charleston, so we knew we would be in good hands when it came to one of the biggest days of our lives. Wanda was our lead photographer but her and Mell... Read More worked so seamlessly together it was as if they could read each other’s minds. They made everyone feel important and heard with their ideas and requests but focused on making sure the groom and myself were the happiest. Their work was amazing, our guests even thought a beautiful night shot we had was photo shopped to add a clear sky and a perfect scattering of stars. Anytime someone who came to the wedding or someone sees our pictures for the first time, they rave about how amazing the pictures are. Wanda and Mell’s fiery personalities matched their bright hair and even made it easier for some of the more intoxicated guests focus on what was being asked of them “walk towards the lady with the bright red hair, stop, and smile!” These women do a wonderful job making you feel like you have become their friend and I feel so lucky to have had the privilege to work with them. I can’t wait to work with them again and our growing family one day.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Brittany Z

We LOVED working with Wanda! She photographed our engagement session, my bridal portraits, and our wedding. Wanda is such a talented photographer, and we were blown away by all of the photos. We continue to get so many compliments on the photos, and we can't wait to get our... Read More wedding album back! I would definitely hire Wanda with Richard Bell Photography if you are looking for unbelievable wedding photos that capture the story of you wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Serena M

Nathan was absolutely amazing. Our pictures look like they belong in a magazine. He was so professional, responsive and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding he made sure we got all the shots we wanted, and really captured the emotion and beauty of the day. We got... Read More married at Magnolia Plantation and he knows that venue like the back of his hand. We are thrilled with how our pictures turned out, and so glad we made the decision to book him.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Kathleen S

Nathan and Charles did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding! From day one, Richard Bell Photography was awesome to work with. They are so kind and professional, and their expertise allowed me to just enjoy the moment without any concern about pictures. I was amazed at how... Read More many beautiful shots they took. They were also lightening quick with the bridal party and group pictures, allowing us more time with our guests. We couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out and would highly recommend them to anyone. We didn't get a chance to do engagement photos but some day we will call them again about family portraits!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Alexis M

James was FANTASTIC he made our wedding so memorable he was so much fun to have take our picture. We hate having our picture taken and he was amazing! I would recommend him again and again!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Mell and Charles were beyond INCREDIBLE. I cannot get over how nice, easy-going, fun, and professional these two were. Our entire experience of being photographed was honestly so relaxing on our wedding day - because of these two wonderful people! I have... Read More been photographed before where I felt awkward, and like the photographer was in the way, and also did not give any sense of direction...this was the EXACT OPPOSITE of that! Mell and Charles helped us feel completely natural, while also kindly giving us direction for certain types of photos, and definitely did not feel "in the way" at all. We had so much fun with them and were so thankful for their personalities and professionalism. We did a "first look" before our wedding and Mell had said, "Take as much time as you need." I was definitely tense before the first look and this just helped me to relax. My now husband and I were just able to be in that moment together, talk, kiss, hug, hang out...and then we were ready, we informed Mell and Charles. That was so special and important to me because we didn't feel rushed at all. Now onto the photos...STUNNING. Breathtaking. Beautiful. Creative. Epic. The PERFECT combination of candid and posed photos. Mell even sent us a few preview photos a few hours after our reception was over!!! I also loved how we were sent a very organized questionnaire before our wedding day, asking for our vendors, family members, certain types of photos we definitely wanted to be captured, etc. This was a personal touch that seemed to make all the difference because Mell knew exactly who needed to be photographed and did this in a timely manner. I could write a novel but, Mell was so unbelievably awesome and Richard Bell Photography is the BEST in the Myrtle Beach/Charleston area. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Alissa and Cameron Miller

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Brandy B

James was our photographer and he was awesome! He was so patient with all our family requests and still managed to get through all the shots. He captured the most perfect moments of my night. He was so quick to get us the proofs and set up a time to go in and discuss album... Read More options. I can't wait to get our album!!! Thank you so so much for all your hard work!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Ann M

We hired RBP for our wedding at Magnolia Plantation, because, really, who else would you hire for that venue?? :) I like working with small local businesses because they tend to function from the true kindness of their hearts and genuine concern for others. We had extremely... Read More personalized service/photos and made new friends in the process! Everyone here is primarily concerned with giving you exactly what you want in a very loving way. There are so many wonderful things I could tell you about the people at RBP but I don't want you to be reading forever. :D Mell also did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits and Nathan helped us create our wedding book, which is going to be amazing!!!! I wish I could share with you all ALL of our photos because there is not one bad one!!not one! Mell and Cecilee captured all of the love, fun and emotion of our events..like ninjas!!! Mell came out to the Battery to do sunrise engagement photos and My bridal portraits were at Magnolia..Mell, Wanda and I had so much fun!!! We will be having Nathan help us with some other prints once we decide what direction we will go in..... and I am looking forward to giving my husband a 1st anniversary gift of paper with the help of Mell and Wanda next year! I'll be honest, I had no idea what the cost of a photographer would be and I spent significantly more money on photography than I thought I would. That said...BEST MONEY SPENT!! Mell and Nathan worked with us on a perfect wedding package...my husband's Mom passed away just before the wedding, so things changed with our package needs. Changes were easy! Nathan had an immediate (not to mention generous) solution! When we ended up ordering a much bigger wedding book than expected, Nathan was very generous with our final pricing. The bottom line is that RBP gave us perfect, permanent memories in a very loving way! There is no other photographer for us!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Emily B

AMAZING! Wanda and her daughter did my wedding and they did a fantastic job! I trusted them with everything, if they saw a photo opportunity, I told them to just grab us off the dance floor or whatever we were doing to capture the moment. RBP is hands down the best photographers... Read More out there. Their talent with the camera is amazing. I used Wanda for engagement picture, bridal, and wedding. I highly recommend RBP and Wanda!!

Nathan Bell

My dad, Richard, founded the studio back in the 80s and we kept the name. Since then I've been incredibly lucky to have some amazing people & artists get stranded on this island with me, including my hot wife, Mell Bell, Wanda the rocker chick, James the lionheart, and the Professor and Mary Ann. We have too much fun.