Charleston's Premier Wedding Photography Artists

Top 10 Richard Bell Photography facts: 1) Preposterously creative 2) Stealthy like ninjas 3) Calm & in control 4) Fast & flexible 5) Thoughtful & considerate 6) Preferred by venues & coordinators 7) Professional (not snooty) 8) Confident (not bossy) 9) Artsy (not flaky) 10) Fairly hilarious. Also, we take pictures at weddings! Hit us up. Lets see if we're a good fit.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Bow2008 09

672 Marina Drive, Charleston, SC (843) 767-6888

LOVE Richard Bell Photography

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Kelly A

Nathan Bell was my photographer on my wedding day and he really has an eye for creative and unique shots. His work is efficient and he has a calm professional manner, I couldn't believe how quickly we were done with pictures. LOVE my wedding photos. I feel they are a perfect... Read More balanace of tradition but with a little something extra to make you go, "WOW"!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Reanna W

Mell and James were INCREDIBLE. They were so much fun and I'm so thankful we got them to do our wedding. I've seen a few 'teasers' of our wedding, and they are so beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of them! They are worth EVERY penny!

Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Jordan M

Richard Bell Photography has one of the best reputations in Charleston for a reason! Let me just say Wanda Cavazos EXCEEDED any & all expectations! I can't even begin to describe her talent as she left me speechless. She is willing to do whatever it takes to get the shot (like... Read More climbing in trees despite allergies). Obviously her talent for photography is incredible, but she's also patient in giving pose instructions. If you want BEAUTIFUL photos, belly laughs & an amazing experience, Wanda Cavazos at Richard Bell is your woman!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Amanda E

Nathan photographed my wedding and also my sister's wedding (all this year). He did such an amazing job! My bridal pictures looked like something out of a fairy tale! He was always very easy to work with and made the entire process stress free. I was nervous about having my... Read More three dogs in the wedding and getting good photos with them but he made it all happen! I couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Avigail K

James is phenomenal. The turnaround on our photos was also VERY quick (less than one month!) and we are talking to Nathan soon to finalize our album. We are so over-the-moon with our photos!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Simone T

Absolutely everything I wanted!!! From the moment I reached out to Nathan at Richard Bell Photography my experience has been nothing but GREAT! He made us comfortable with him at the engagement photo shoot, and it carried over to the wedding. The final results are AMAZING! To... Read More see our love captured in the pictures taken is breath taking. His photogenic direction captured everything that we wanted, and couldn't be any happier!!!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Julia M

Nathan and David were absolutely fantastic!! They were extremely professional, fun and easy to work with, and experts in their craft!! Pictures last forever and Richard Bell Photography are perfectly capable at capturing the best moments!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Allison E

I can not say enough good things about Richard Bell Photography!! We chose Nathan for our wedding on 5/12/2017 he and Heather did such a wonderful job!! So thankful we chose Richard Bell Photography for our special day!! Best in Charleston hands down!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Hope Schrader J

Wanda, James, and Nathan did an amazing job with our wedding! Wanda and James took amazing photographs that we will cherish forever. They did my older sister's wedding and they were the first vendor I hired for our wedding because I knew I had to have them! Nathan was so... Read More extremely helpful with creating the album and making it out to be exactly how we want! I could not have asked for a better wedding photography team! We are beyond grateful!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Morgan W

Wanda is the absolute best and she feels like family after engagement pictures, bridal portraits and a busy wedding schedule. We got married at the SC Aquarium, which is a hard place to photograph and I chose Richard Bell because I felt like they were the best at photographing... Read More our venue. Then, I chose Wanda because I felt like her pictures were edgy and I did not want anything about my pictures to be generic. She really delivered. Our pictures turned out amazing and I am looking forward to getting our album back!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Kelly J

We could not be happier with our choice for Richard Bell Photography for our wedding on 4/23/17 at Boone Hall Plantation. Mell Bell and Cecilee were absolutely amazing! My husband and I are not big picture takers and I told them how we'd prefer candid/action photos. The... Read More morning of my wedding they were not only on time, but early. They made me and my wedding party feel at ease..which is exactly what I wanted. Once we got to the venue there were a few problems with our decor/catering company and Mell and Cecilee stepped in to help save the day..I don't even want to mention the things they helped with because it was so out of their resposibility but it helped save my wedding day! Mell was also a huge help when I came to helping me with the little details that my MOH was nervous about (For example, bustling my dress). She listened to how I didn't want a lot of posed photos and that I preferred action/candid photos and did just that. Mell and Cecilee were not only the best photographers but also my unofficial bridesmaids who helped save the day! We just received our photos and couldn't be happier!! Thank you Mell, Cecilee, & the rest of the staff at Richard Bell Photography for capturing our perfect wedding day! Kelly & Victor

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Danielle G

I cannot express how awesome their entire team is! When we decided to have a destination wedding, I was a little nervous about selecting vendors, but from the first email with the team at Richard Bell Photography I felt so comfortable! Not only are they AMAZING photographers,... Read More they are the kindest people you will ever meet! We were lucky enough to have Mell do our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures and we were blown away at how stunning they are! I LOVE pictures and am the first to admit I am a photographer snob, so picking the right wedding photographer was top on my list! Not only did Mell not disappoint, she literally gave us pictures that look like they could be on the cover of a bridal magazine!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Debbie M

Nathan at Richard Bell Photography is the best. He is fast and efficient at the formal photos, but more important he is creative and unobtrusive throughout the whole day. He is fun, and obviously loves what he does. From the engagement photos through the "send off" he and... Read More Heather were great! We've only seen a few pics so far, but they are awesome already! Nathan went above and beyond - including getting a water proof camera to jump in and get unique shots of the send off (which was the wedding party jumping in the pool since more than half were college swimmers!) They are the absolute best!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Jamie C

Absolutely amazing! Mell and Cecile did our wedding at Boone Hall Plantation. She made us feel relaxed and so far from the teasers I have seen I can only imagine what the rest look like. Thank you for being a part of our special day and capturing the moments that we will cherish... Read More forever!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Leta T

Do not book anyone else! RBP is the absolute best at what they do. Nathan did our engagement pictures and they turned out great, especially for how hot it was Downtown Charleston in the blazing summer sun. Then, a few short months later, Nathan & James shot our wedding. Every... Read More single picture turned out AMAZING. "Build your wedding budget around your photographer" was the best advice I received and that's exactly what I did. I could not have asked for better photographers. Of course the ladies were running a little behind getting ready and the gents were on their way over to take pictures but Nathan told us not to worry and that everything was under control. They both definitely had their ninja status going on at the wedding; we hardly knew they were there when we weren't taking posed shots. I could stay on here and say great things all day but in short - BOOK RBP!!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2017 Kelly P

Mell did our engagement pictures and our wedding and she was AMAZING! You will not regret going with Richard Bell, they are the best of the best in my opinion!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Kaitlyn O

I truly don't even know that I could put into words just how much my husband and I loved working with Richard Bell Photography! We did a ton of research looking for the best photographer and when we saw Wanda's work we were blown away and knew we needed to meet with her. From... Read More our very first phone interview with Wanda we were in love! We knew that we would be in amazing hands on the most important day of our lives. We were convinced that being an out of town couple for our wedding would have been a problem, but the staff at Richard Bell made sure that it didn't affect a thing and made sure the entire process was seamless. We were blessed to not only have the amazingly talented Wanda as our leader shooter, but we got the pleasure of having the ever talented Cecilee as our second shooter, as well. They made an amazing team and easily scouted the best spots to get the prettiest pictures in the most efficient way possible, not to mention truly provided the best company a bride and groom could ask for on their wedding day. Our bridal party and family all commented on how great and easy they were to work with. Our wedding ended rather late so we couldn't believe that just a couple of hours later Wanda already had some gorgeous photos for us! Every photo they took was more beautiful than the next and they somehow managed to capture every magical, heartfelt, and funny moment. We are convinced that they are part ninja to be able to capture all that they do. We honestly couldn't say enough great things about Wanda, Cecilee, and Richard Bell Photography! They are great people who are phenomenal at what they do! We cannot wait to plaster their amazing art all over our home so we can relive our day over and over again! If you want the most talented team and endless compliments on your photos, Richard Bell is the way to go.

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Kaitlin T

If you are looking for a photographer, look no further and hire Richard Bell Photography! The most important priority for my wedding is photography, and after reviewing numerous photographer options, Richard Bell Photography immediately caught my attention. Their photos are... Read More edgy, yet breathtaking, and I loved the creative touches that shined in their sample photos. Currently, my fiance and I have had two photo shoots with Mell Bell and Wanda, and they were both absolutely amazing experiences. Mell Bell was really able to listen to exactly what I was looking for in each session, and she went above and beyond (from laying on the hard ground to sprawling in the mud) just to capture the most magnificent and creative photos. She made my fiance and I feel so comfortable during each photo shoot, and we were both blown away by her photography talents. At the end of each session, we did not only receive amazing photos, but we truly received priceless works of art that we will cherish and display for a lifetime. We can not wait for her to photograph our wedding and even our future children, as we will definitely be going to Richard Bell Photography for all our photography needs. Richard Bell Photography was unarguably the best decision I have ever made for my wedding, and I recommend everyone to use Richard Bell Photography for any photography needs! They are simply the best!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 jennifer b

Absolutely LOVED Nathan, could not have asked for a better photographer. We used Nathan for our engagement pictures, bridal portrait and were lucky enough to have Nathan and James for our wedding. They were a dream to work and amongst the chaos of my bridal party remained... Read More organized. When I decided on Charleston I knew Richard Bell was the only choice. Our pictures are beyond words, they are just like a fairytale. I couldn't have been happier with my choice of photographer.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Mae B

Nathan is incredible. He captured my bridal portraits and our wedding. He knows what he's doing and gets the perfect shot every time. We have undoubtedly found OUR photographer and look forward to working with him and his staff in the future.

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Ryan M

Wonderful!! We booked them for both our engagement photos and wedding photos! What was great is that we got to keep our photographer (James) for both shoots. Which was great because James knew US and he knew what shots would work for our personalities. We ended up being a... Read More "hurricane Friday" wedding and they are very accommodating to or reschedule date. Everyone loved our engagement photos and our wedding photos even more. James and Andy were very patience with our guests and our pup to get the right snap shot. We are excited to use Richard Bell Photography (and James!) again for future photo shoots, I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Anna B

If I could give Wanda and Cecilee 100 stars, I would! They had everything so organized and ready to go on our wedding day, the pictures were a breeze to get done. They made me feel beautiful and kept me laughing and smiling, even with the weather being a little dreary. They are... Read More a fabulous duo! My pictures turn out absolutely fabulous, and I can't wait to share them with my friends and family. Absolutely amazing and I would recommend to everyone :)

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Danielle Y

I absolutely recommend Richard Bell Photography to everyone!! They are down to earth, nice and genuine people, as well as super professional! I guarantee you will not only love their high quality customer service, but fall in love with their amazing work! You definitely get your... Read More money's worth and then some! Love these guys! Also, ladies, do yourself a favor and check out MellBella Boudoir & Pinup Photography! They are the absolute best at what they do and if you are anything like me, you'll probably go in super nervous and within 5 minutes of meeting them, you'll feel so relaxed and comfortable; dare I say even confident! By the end of the shoot, I wasn't ready to leave! Bottom line. Richard Bell Photography and MellBella are the way to go when you want something done right!! Thanks guys for all that you do!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Ashley D

UNBELIEVABLE. I don't even think there are words that adequately describe how wonderful Richard Bell Photography is. I had the pleasure of working with Nathan Bell for both my bridal portraits and my wedding, along with James Riley. My bridal portraits are out of this world. I... Read More knew they would be from the moment he showed me the unedited version on his camera that day. The six wedding sneak peaks we have gotten back so far give me chills. I can't tell you the number of people who have approached me after sharing them to say they are the most beautiful pictures they've ever seen. On top of giving you a top notch product that you will cherish for a lifetime, they are an absolute PLEASURE to work with. Nathan is one of the friendliest and most professional people I've met, both in the wedding industry and outside of it. James is also an absolute delight. They make sure to capture every shot that is important to you without you even knowing they are there. Nathan and James were literally in the grass laying down to capture the perfect angle. They are willing to go the extra mile. If I could give them 20 stars I would. Even though Nathan had never shot my venue before in Georgetown, SC, there is now anyone could have captured it better. If you are looking for a photographer, look no further. They are simply the best and your pictures are the most important part of your day and the one thing you will have to hold on to long after the dancing, cake, and food is gone. Nathan and James gave us memories that will last for generations to come. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to work with Richard Bell Photography.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kirsten K

We HIGHLY recommend Nathan. He was extremely professional and kind on our special day and put us at ease while going around taking photos. One of the things we enjoyed was how well organized he was. There was never hesitation or doubt about what he was doing or what he was... Read More asking of us. Many of our guests even complimented his work ethic and poise. One of the guest even told us that they were impressed because " They never saw him sitting, leaning, or just standing around." They did an exceptional job with our photos and they had great turn around time with getting our images to us. We were thrilled when we found Richard Bell Photography and we are still thrilled to have had them capture our wedding day!

Nathan Bell

My dad, Richard, founded the studio back in the 80s and we kept the name. Since then I've been incredibly lucky to have some amazing people & artists get stranded on this island with me, including my hot wife, Mell Bell, Wanda the rocker chick, James the lionheart, and the Professor and Mary Ann. We have too much fun.