390 Hermann Sons Rd., Comfort, TX (830) 995-4045

A Bride's Experience with the Riven Rock Ranch

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Alycia B

The Riven Rock Ranch was my dream venue. It was absolutely beautiful. The breathtaking views from every angle constantly caught me off guard. I would never trade my choice of venue, despite some of the drawbacks. I gave them 3 stars for service for several reasons. They were... Read More wonderful people, and Mary Anne was a wonderful contact for the ranch, but there were some downfalls. I am an incredibly easy person to please so it pains me to have to give negative feedback. No Bridezilla issues here. The first would be that the day of our engagement photos, the owner of the property questioned our photographer and, despite our appointment, was skeptical and rude. Then he proceeded to follow us around his property in his truck while we took the photos. It was awkward, but we laughed it off. The one interaction I had with his wife was strange too, like "this is my property, what are you doing here?" Just a real delightful couple ;) Avoid them if you can! Second, my mother-in-law reported to me that the woman who showed them the property, who was so kind to me, treated her and her sisters rudely the day they went to look at the property. They reported to me that she hardly gave them a tour even though they had my florist with them who needed to see the property. The third issue with their service was the wedding planner they assigned to me. She was very sweet and I enjoyed her, but there were issues. Aside from inconveniently reseating my in-laws and our "reserved" bridal party table being taken, she failed to inform us that we would need cars and drivers to take me and the bridal party to the ceremony site. My family was scrambling at the last minute to find cars and drivers only hours before the ceremony. They also refused to let us move anything in the clubhouse to accommodate my decor and cupcake display. Simple things like moving the tables to the center of the room were forbidden. They were so strict that it became a hassle to work with them, and we stopped asking. I gave them four stars for value because we paid a small fortune for the venue and there were countless fees. They required wedding insurance, multiple valets, and several other out of the ordinary fees. We paid over a thousand dollars more than we planned to on this venue. The quality of the venue was outstanding, and it is one of the most beautiful places in the hill country. Despite all of the problems I wouldn't change anything. My photos were perfect , and the memory is so sweet. That is why I have no regrets having my wedding at the Riven Rock Ranch. The beauty was worth the hassle.

WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL WEDDING!!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2012 Katie J

I absolutely LOVED our wedding. The venue is by far the most gorgeous in the hill country - as soon as my husband and I walked in, he said "This is it, this is where I'm marrying you." We rented out all of the cottages on the property and everyone loved the accommodations.... Read More Their partnership with Viridian Design Studio for wedding planning made the price VERY well worth it! I couldn't have pulled it off without them! The only problem with Riven Rock is the price on alcohol (they make you buy all beer and wine from them), and the owner tends to be quite the stickler to times. If your event ends at 10, it ends at 10 - NO staying after for ANYONE...which was a bummer, but understandable. Overall, we have received TONS of compliments about our wedding and we couldn't have done it without Riven Rock.

A Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Sarah P

Riven Rock Ranch literally made my wedding fairy tale come true! The facilities and the views were specatulcar and the ranch provided everything we needed to have the wedding weekend of a lifetime! The staff was completely at our becking call and the housing was immaculate. I do... Read More not have enough words to accurately describe the beauty of Riven Rock Ranch. If you want the perfect Texas Hill Country wedding, look no further! Riven Rock Ranch is your venue!

April 7, 2012

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Lyn A

April 7, 2012 Thank you so much for everything y'all did to make our wedding weekend amazing! We loved coming to eat at the Terrace Grill while we were dating and definitely couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else! We loved the red barn, farm houses, beautiful... Read More pavilions, great food, and the incredible views from the ranch. We thank you for being so accommodating, helping us in the planning process, and your great staff! We couldn't have picked a better venue to have our wedding! We highly recommend Riven Rock Ranch! We thank you for helping us to have the perfect day! Thanks for everything, The Fullagars

perfection

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Kate K

This was easily the most beautiful wedding venue I have ever seen. The wedding was absolutely perfect, thanks to the staff at RR. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone and everyone getting married in the future!

We couldn't have picked a better place!

Reviewed on 3/20/2012 AMANDA T

We loved everything about Riven Rock! Mary Anne, who took us on a tour, was fabulous! She was so personable and wanted to make sure everything was perfect on our special day. The facility is so beautiful and the views from the ceremony site are amazing! We had our rehearsal... Read More dinner at their on site restaurant and the food was so good and private room they offer was perfect. You will not be disappointed with this venue!

Beautiful View

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Tracey R

This venue has an amazing hill country view and was beautiful in our wedding photos.

Spectacular views!

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Neely C

Riven Rock Ranch made my wedding day perfect. If you are looking for a hill country setting for a smaller intimate venue, this is your place! We rented out the entire ranch for the weekend. All of my guests were wowed!