Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering

709 N. Main St., River Falls, WI (651) 600-6240

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 J P

River Valley Catering was exceptional from the initial tasting to the service we received on our day. The staff and management were very informative, punctual, and helpful which we very much appreciated! Not to mention how wonderful the food was! Our sincere compliments to the... Read More chefs! We whole heartedly recommend River Valley Catering, they were so great!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Ellie B

Choosing RVC was entirely the right decision. We worked with Emily, Betty, and Sue. My mom (my unofficial wedding planner) lives several hours away so we had to do everything long distance but they were always prompt to respond by phone or email and never seemed annoyed to... Read More answer my mom's (many) questions. We went with a buffet option and the variety and quality of food was superb. People raved about the food, and several people told us that it was hands-down the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The waiters at the buffet and the bartenders were friendly and professional. Absolutely great experience, and I definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Michaela S

Betty and Sue were so great to work with! They were very professional, and it was very obvious that they knew what they were doing. The food was delivered promptly, and we had many of our guests comment on how great the food was! Had a great time working with this company and... Read More would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

I am going to make up a t-shirt that say that Betty, Sue, and River Valley Catering ARE the best EVER!!! They made everything so simple that our wedding day was amazing. Working with them beforehand was simple, uncomplicated and wonderful. They even worked with me when I... Read More forgot some little things that I wanted done during our wedding reception. The food: I don't know where to begin....The appetizers were the best and everyone loved them! My Mom could not get enough of the lamb chops and was shocked as to how good everything was! So many compliments were received, that I had to let you know! The main courses were AMAZING! The steak was juicy and the chicken moist. Again, people said we had the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. Jon and I can't thank you enough for making our day so divine. If we ever have a large event again, you will be our first call. Bless you for all you do and THANK YOU!

TOP NOTCH!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jen S

Betty and Sue are the best ever to work with. They made our dinner at our wedding reception absolutely PERFECT! I cannot tell you how many people commented on how great the food was, and the rest of the River Valley Catering team was so wonderful to work with too! I wouldn’t... Read More hesitate to recommend OVER and OVER again :)

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kiersti

We are SO happy we chose River Valley Catering for our wedding! The food was incredible, everyone raved about it. Betty and Sue were fantastic to work with--they handled all of our questions and provided a seamless, worry-free experience for us. Thank you, Sue and Betty, for... Read More helping make our day so special!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Mary Jane G

There is a reason RVC is #1. The food is excellent and their stsff is top notch. The manager Betty is professional, personable and hard working. Not to mention great at her job. Our guests raved about the food and the service provided by RVC. We would highly recommend RVC... Read More for any event that you wnt catered.

Great Food, Lacked Some Basics

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Kristin B

For a quality meal, this is a great vendor to work with. They have a wide selection of dinners to choose from including many standards such as steaks, walleye, pastas and poultry selections, and offer both plated and family style solutions. Our food was excellent, and everyone... Read More was very pleased with the quality. Where River Valley lost points was in the service category, and I will give them credit that some of these issues are understandable, but compounded they were irksome. The vendor wanted to set up our space the night before, but our venue was an open-air barn and we were being asked to provide plastic for them to wrap the tables in for the 24 hours they would be exposed to the elements. When we insisted they set up the day of, everything worked out fine. In our case, their staff of bartenders was booked, so we needed to hire our own, which meant providing and trekking in all of our beverages to the venue over an hour from where we lived. The caterers also charged a $200 or more service fee to have staff on hand until the end of the night following the meal. We decided to waive this, which made my husband and I responsible for bringing linens and coffee equipment back to their facility the following day. In hindsight, I might've paid them the extra $200 drive it back for us, but was also perplexed they wouldn't return the next day to pick their equipment up when they'd been bargaining to set up the night before. This also meant we ended up trekking our own garbage to a dump on our honeymoon where my husband paid $50 to have it disposed of. A final tip if you choose to work with this vendor, be sure they know which table numbers need to be served first. We let them know where our parents were sitting at the first two tables, and they were served first, but they ended up doing the table numbers in order which meant my husband's grandmother at another table closest to us, but last on the list, was served last. We thought they would work the room from closest to us to furthest from us, but this was not the case, so be specific. Again, all of these trip ups are understandable, and we were very pleased with how the food turned out, so if you work with this vendor be mindful of the details and you're likely to have a great experience!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Katherine L

All of our guests have been raving about the food!!! Service was beyond fast and incredible!

River valley catering

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Nicole L

the food was amazing. I still have guest commenting on how good it was. Some say it was the best they've ever had at a wedding. I can't wait to go to their restaurant that they serve and eat some food for an anniversary.

Worry Free!

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Melanie G

Working with River Valley was a breeze! From the personal tasting to the day of, they worked with our high standards and personalized our menu to fit our vision. Communication was also great, we chatted several times on the phone, in person and via email before our event so I... Read More felt confident from the beginning that we booked the best caterer. Our venue was an hour and 45 minutes away and there was horrible fog but everything was fantastic! We had butler passed appetizers and a plated meal. The servers were professionally dressed and were completely out of the way except for serving. Our guests were blown away by the food. I will recommend River Valley to everyone!

AMAZING food!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Autumn M

We were SO happy we went with River Valley Catering to feed our guests at our wedding. Everyone LOVED the food, and my 87 year old Grandfather even told me out of all the weddings he has been to our wedding food was the best he has ever had. What a compliment! Would hire them... Read More again in a heartbeat.

Perfect for Our Wedding

Reviewed on 8/29/2014

The River Valley Catering team did an amazing job with our wedding. Our guests loved the food and more importantly everything went seamlessly. We did not have to worry about anything day of because they had thought of everything. A great team to work with for such a special... Read More day!!

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Julie H

We had River Valley Catering cater our wedding and it was a great experience! Betty was wonderful to work with from start to finish. She guided us through everything. Our wedding was in a very rustic location and they were very accommodating to what we wanted to do there.... Read More The food was great and had many, many guests commenting on how good it was. The service was unbelievable. The waiters and bartenders were very professional and provided a great experience for our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend using River Valley Catering.

River Valley Catering

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Kelsi M

They were wonderful, every one of our guests said their food was, "the best we've had at a wedding". Betty the director is great and willing to help with anything to make your day special. They are an all-inclusive catering company too which was great, they have linens, plates,... Read More glassware, etc. and they do all of the cleaning up/serving, whatever to fit your needs. Absolutely WONDERFUL!

Awesome Caterer!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Elise S

River Valley catering did an awesome job for our wedding. They were super helpful in the planning process as we had more of a unique space for the reception, an outdoor barn venue. They were flexible with the set-up and tear down times. They set-up a grill outside to make kebobs... Read More on site. Most importantly, the food was awesome!

OK but not Great

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Kelly M

Overall the experience was OK, but not great. I was happy with the initial experience (meeting to discuss options and pricing, the tasting, and reviewing the contract) but as we got closer to the wedding day I was less impressed. We had to seek out and push them to discuss... Read More the final plans and finalize payment. Other vendors we worked with were more on top of everything and contacted us to finalize plans. It just made me feel like we were not a priority and that becomes worrisome so close to the event. We also asked for a small change in the menu when we had our final meeting, but this never happened. We originally wanted garlic mashed potatoes, but changed our mind and asked for the Gorgonzola mashed potatoes. This was on the final contract but when it came to the wedding day it was clear they weren't the Gorgonzola potatoes. It may not be a big deal to the guests, but it's irritating for us. We paid a lot of money for these services and it's disappointing when you don't get something you are paying for. The food served to the head table wasn't warm (which is amazing for a 90 degree day and an outdoor wedding...) and the rolls were wet and soggy. We asked for a new basket but it never came. I wouldn't recommend River Valley Catering.

BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Heather F

Is what I kept hearing from my guests. River Valley Catering went above and beyond to make my day extra special! We had an amazing tasting (a couple of months before our wedding) with Betty and she went through every item we tried. They also set up the table how it would... Read More look on our wedding day! They have great food options and are willing to work with you if you want a certain meal. We will definitely be using them again for any special event in the future!! THANKS RIVER VALLEY CATERING!!!

Great food

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Kelly C

I didn't hear one complaint about the food. They did an amazing job with the food. My guest thought the food was to die for.

GF? No problem!

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Brittni L

River Valley Catering did a fantastic job at our wedding! Having food allergies, I was very nervous about being able to find a caterer who could meet all of our needs. Not only did River Valley Catering meet our needs, but highly exceeded them. When we first went in to meet with... Read More Betty (Catering Sales Manager) and I expressed my concern about being able to get a Gluten Free meal for myself, she assured me it wouldn't be a problem. They made our ENTIRE meal Gluten Free and no one was even able to tell the difference. We got so many compliments on how amazing our food was from all of our guests. Many guests even said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Th experience we had even went beyond our delicious food. The staff at River Valley catering was extremely professional and went above and beyond in every aspect of our day.The people at River Valley Catering really know how to take care of you on your special day!