YOMO - You Only Marry Once

Hardworking - detail oriented - professional wedding service that caters to every aspect of your night. You give us a date and we take care of the details for you! DJ, Wedding Host, Day-of Coordination, Wedding Planning, Videography, Uplighting/GOBO, Photobooth, Photography...we have it all! We are a mix matched group of crazy talented people who happen to love weddings. Our guys and gals are super diverse and all share the same desire for perfection. Our vision is to create, enhance, and capture those special moments. Why do we do this? The love stories, the happily ever afters, and of course...the fantastic wedding food!

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Royal Oak, MI Serving All Michigan (248) 658-8210

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Aimee A

Rockstar Entertainment delivered beyond expectations!!! Both MC and music are critical in making your wedding reception not only memorable to your guests but a party they won’t want to leave! Once we had met with DJ Diallo and Yvan, it was no question who we were booking for... Read More our Wedding this past August. They were very receptive to the experience we were looking for and completely understood our vision even though we weren’t the best at explaining it! My husband and I wanted the opposite of your typical cheesy wedding DJ, we wanted HYPE entertainment; a club-level look and sound- that is exactly what they delivered! We also did our backlighting through them… the venue looked beautiful! I loved the energy they brought to our grand entrance and first dance. They had all of our guests stand in a circle around us while we danced… it was one of my most favorite moments! They transitioned our reception seamlessly and kept our guests on the dance floor until the end of the reception! They were so awesome… we asked them to stay for additional time! I am still getting compliments from our guests!!! Well done! I never knew I needed a Day-of Coordinator but OMG this was my SAVING GRACE on my wedding day! Yvan was my amazing coordinator! Prior to the wedding, Yvan prepped me on what to expect, offered some ideas and suggestions, and went over checklists and last minute to-dos. I was crunched for time with party favors- we ordered Garrett’s popcorn and still needed to bag them individually. She suggested to make it interactive for the guests and allow them to fill their own bags (she set this table up for me and it was a hit)!! I could not believe how prepared the day of coordination was. Yvan came with an assistant. They were both wearing black aprons filled with wedding emergency kit items such as deodorant, mints, bobby pins, sewing kit, etc. They communicated with my vendors the entire day, made sure guests were happy, kept track of time, location and bridal party. We had 22 total bridesmaids and groomsmen, 1 flower girl, 14 sponsors, 4 secondary sponsors, plus immediate family in our wedding entourage… needless to say, it was a big wedding party and the coordinators kept everyone organized and well informed of what was going on. They handled issues like a pro.. I wasn’t even aware of any problems that came up… they just took care of it! Apparently one of my bridesmaids ripped her dress right before the ceremony and they were able to stitch it back up quickly. My 3-year old niece was the flower girl and was getting fussy during pictures because she was hungry. The coordinators bought my niece snacks and played with her so the bridal party could finish pictures. They were by my side the whole day making sure I was ok, hydrated me, touched up my make-up, made sure I ate, and most of all made sure my husband and I were enjoying ourselves. I have an endless list of how helpful they were and I’m forever thankful they were there for me that day! Rockstar is extremely organized, professional, and so much fun to work with. I highly recommend them!!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Joshua K

I really can't say enough nice things about this company. My husband was a little nervous about finding vendors that were supportive of gay marriage that we would feel comfortable around, and Rockstar Weddings did that and more. I was skeptical of using a company that bundled... Read More different services because I had read mixed reviews about the results, but I was also overwhelmed trying to find people that were available on our wedding date. Long story short, a representative from Rockstar Weddings contacted me after seeing a Facebook post of mine in the Michigan Wedding Forum. They were pretty much booked all fall except for our wedding date, so it was meant to be. I told them our budget, and they were more than willing to work with it. They even gave us a little discount in celebration of the recent ruling by the Supreme Court making gay marriage legal. We met that same day for a consultation and were very impressed with what they presented. The photographer's work was beautiful, and everybody was extremely friendly, supportive, and professional. We hired them for our DJ, Lights, Photographer, Videographer, Photobooth, and Coordinator. The wedding day went better than I could have expected. They were so good about staying in contact with us and making sure they had all the information they needed fro us to be prepared for the big day. They used online forms for this which was very accessible and convenient. Our DJ, Diallo, was very fun and entertaining and did a great job of keeping everything moving along during the reception. The photographer and videographers were both very professional and patient during the all day photo and video shoot. We are still waiting for the final pictures and video (we only got married a few weeks ago), but I have the greatest confidence that they are going to be amazing. This is even more important to me now after the wedding is over because I feel like the day was such a whirlwind, and I was so emotional, that I didn't really get to experience the whole thing, and this will allow me to look back and do exactly that. We ended up having enough funds left over to also add a photobooth, which was also provided by Rockstar Weddings. The photo booth attendant was friendly and professional like everybody else. And I save the best for last - our coordinator, Yvan. Besides fixing any bumps along the road on the day of, she really went above and beyond to help my husband and I as much as possible enjoy the experience. She was prepared to handle anything: helping/supervising setup and takedown, making sure payments were distributed to the vendors, keeping things moving along as to stay on schedule as much as possible, and even gluing rhinestones back on my shoes that had fallen off. This was a huge help, since I am admittingly a little bit of a control freak, and it really isn't possible to supervise your wedding when you are the groom. Most importantly she was a huge emotional support. I never thought I'd see the day that I would be able to get legally married, so I was on the brink of tears throughout much of the day. When not supervising the rest of the wedding, she was by my side to encourage me when I needed it and to wipe my tears when I couldn't keep them in. I was a nervous wreck before I sang a song to my husband in the ceremony, and Yvan told me, "You got this." That is something you hear from somebody who cares, and THAT is why you should hire Rockstar Weddings!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 arianna G

OMG BEST DJS EVER! They get 100 stars!!!! We booked Rockstar for the photobooth, DJs, and same day wedding coordination. We are extremely happy with their work. Everyone loved the photobooth, Diallo was an awesome host, and his wife Yvan made sure that all of our hard work and... Read More planning came together on the big day! They were always available for questions and they made the whole process simple. Carlos and I can't thank them enough for making our day so special. I wish I could get married all over again just to have them as our DJs again lol.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Katie K

I cannot say enough good things about Rockstar Weddings. I used them for my officiant, photographers, photo booth, DJs and uplighting. Everything was amazing! The DJs kept the dance floor full all night! that is amazing! I do not have a dancing family, I am not a dancing person,... Read More but we all had so much fun! the photo booth was also supper fun and the photographers we're very professional. Diangelo kept my wedding ruining smooth and on track all night. This group is the absolute best!! 10 stars!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Ivy T

We cannot say enough wonderful things about Rockstar Weddings! We used them for our DJ & photography services. Chris was so helpful every step of the way. We had DJ Loki, DJ Benz, and photographers Clara and Carina. All of them were so professional and fun! Our dance floor was... Read More never empty & I can't wait to see our pictures!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 C M

My goodness are we happy that we went with rockstar. I didn't fully understand how much would happen on my wedding day...until it was my wedding day. The attention to detail and downright kindness of the rockstar staff was 5 stars. The music selection was 5 stars, I didn't... Read More have to even worry, my friends were dancing until the end. Thank You so much times a million

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Tiffany W

If was possible to rate Rockstar Weddings higher, I would. My daughter had high expectations for her DJ. Her and her social group are dancers and theater people, and therefore expect to be on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG. By far, they delivered. Not so much as one aspect... Read More was out of sync. We also used their photographers who were top notch. I wouldn't even look further if you're looking for perfection because they deliver. Best vendor of our entire wedding! Thank you Chris!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jane H

Hello, I have two things to say about rockstar weddings. First of all, they live up to their name, THEY ROCK! I was a bride on a budget and because of that, I was very worried about the quality of my services. We were initially going to wait another year to get married... Read More because we wanted to have the wedding of my dreams. Then, my grandmother fell ill and it was very important to my family for her to be present on our big day and watch me walk down the isle. I made an appointment and sat down with Diallo and Chris and explained the situation. They worked with me to make a package that included everything that we wanted at a price that we could afford. They even let us pay part of it after our date. Budget brides pay attention to this, Rockstar Weddings has an awesome referral program. I referred two of my friends, and I even went on facebook and found people who needed wedding services and referred them as well. So far I have received $400 in referral bonuses. This REALLY helped to offset the original cost of our wedding. I am still looking for referrals and I feel good because I know that whoever I refer will get great service. Thank you guys.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 N T

We were worried because the majority of our guests were family and slightly on the older side. The music was so good that even our older guests stayed until the end. It felt like a real celebration, like the ones you see in movies. The dj at my best friends wedding looked... Read More like he was sleeping and wouldn’t play our requests. Thank goodness we went with my gut feeling and chose rockstar. You guys are the best, we will be recommending you to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Pam E

The main reason that we initially chose Rockstar Weddings was based on all of the excellent reviews on theknot and testimonials on their website. We literally had nothing planned. My fiancé was working full time and going to school full time. I also work full time and have to... Read More take care of our son. We needed a planner that could understand and recreate our vision. We had a decent sized budget for our wedding, but still did not want to needlessly waste money. Yvan was our wedding planner, and let me just say…she exceeded our expectations. She has a wealth of information regarding area venues and what they offer. She also knows numerous vendors for every service that you can imagine. They are all hand picked, so we didn’t have to guess about professionalism or vendor quality. She stayed within the budget that we set together for each service. In the end, we even had money left over that we put towards a longer honey moon. I can’t recommend Yvan (or her team) enough to any engaged professional who simply doesn’t have the time to pour over details but still seeks perfection. Our wedding was phenomenal.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kim M

We couldn't be happier with the way that our wedding day turned out. All of the services that we purchased with Rockstar were A+ I can't imagine our day going so well without your company's assistance. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 R E

I got married in September and it was honestly the best day of my life. When I first contacted Rockstar they immediately told me tips about my venue. This really helped with not having to overthink things, and not having to worry if my vendors were familiar with our location... Read More or not. We are very pleased to say the least with how everything turned out. One of our main concerns was that the dj would be corny and boring...however the crowd interaction was great, our dj even helped organize a big circle to surround us during our first dance. The music was consistent throughout the night and kept our dance floor busy. Coordination was another major service that boy am I happy we added. My coordinator helped me feel confident (I am generally a shy person) and guided me whenever I didn't know where I should go or what I should do . She literally was there whenever I needed assistance with anything. She took a lot of stress away from my family, handling things that they would normally have to take care of. On to photography and video. On our wedding day, the last thing we wanted were a bunch of lenses in our faces with constant flashes going off. So when our day came, we were so caught in the moment that we really were not aware of our photo and video people. They did an excellent job of being "behind the scenes" if that makes sense. Both photo and video were very easy to work with and guided us (in a nice manner) to get the best shots and footage. One very happy bride here, oh and my husband is happy as well :) Thank you Rockstarweddings!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Rebecca G

I used Rockstar Weddings for my Videographer and DJ. I wish I could rate them more than the 5 stars because they deserve 10. From the initial meeting to the weeks and days leading up to my wedding, everyone I spoke with (mostly Chris) was incredible. I know in this industry... Read More there are a lot of companies that SAY they care about their clients, yet calls are not answered and emails not returned. NOT this way with RSW. Every tiny detail was taken care of and Chris answered every question or concern I had. When the big day came, I was estatic to know I did not have to worry about anything with either, my DJ or Videographer. Both arrived super early, dressed beyond professional and were a riot to work with!! They were both great people that I would like to spend time with even outside the wedding. Kind, understanding and the best at what they do. THANK YOU to Chris at Rockstar Weddings for making our day the best ever!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Audrey B

I joined the knot to write this review... We are not planners, this was the most overwhelming day of our lives so far. You guys made it perfect. The music was exactly what we wanted, even though our request list was short. The dj and wedding host combination was really... Read More awesome. We had a last minute switch in our bridal party, but our MC totally nailed it. Had we known ahead of time that they offered so many services, we would have honesty used rockstar for everything. Can’t wait to see you guys at my sister’s wedding next year.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Samantha M

highly recommend this company. So much easier than hiring multiple vendors. The rockstar team literally rocked our wedding. Can’t say enough positive things, thanks again.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Katie M

I hired Rockstar Weddings for our photography and videography. First of all, they have dedicated teams for both. They worked with each other in an extremely coordinated manor. Our videographer is not in our photos, and our photographer is not in our video. They had... Read More everything planned out from start to finish for us and captured all of the shots that we wanted. I am a huge pinterest user, and I brought some ideas to the table. They duplicated those ideas perfectly. The videographer brought a drone, which added some really cool things to our video. Our lead photographer told us he was published in GQ magazine, and now we know why. Our pictures are beautiful, the posing was easy and my camera shy husband was comfortable. Thank you guys so much! We have already recommended you to a friend. 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kathy S

After the bride and groom, DJ Lamont was the star of our daughter’s wedding! From set up to a speedy tear down [due to a sudden storm] Lamont exceeded my expectations! He had grandma [87] and grandpa [93] dancing to their favorite tunes then played all the requested songs to... Read More entertain our wedding guests!! I highly recommend Rockstar weddings….ask for Lamont!! We will have him back for our grandson’s 16th birthday in 3 years!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Magen J

The whole rockstar team was amazing! From the first meeting until the final dance of the night ! We used them for DJ, officiant & for video and photo. The photographers clara and Jennifer were PHENOMENAL. Their energy and friendliness made our experience so much more joyful! The... Read More videographer chad made sure he was always capturing the perfect moments. We had Diallo as our officiant and DJ & let's say he rocked the house down. His energy and personality had the whole room feeling it & the dance floor was never empty. Not only did he DJ he made conversations with us & interacted with the guest! Our night was everything we could of dreamt of and the rockstar team topped it off! We highly recommend using them! Thanks again for everything !

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Monica G

Great service, excellent work, would for sure hire again.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 M H

If we could give more stars, we totally would! The whole team at Rockstar made our entire planning process so much easier and honestly made our entire wedding! My fiance and I were initially very stressed out since neither of us liked being in the "spotlight". We also didn't... Read More know the first step when planning a wedding. We initially met the rockstar team at a bridal show around a year or so before our wedding date. Their friendliness, personality, and ENERGY stood out among the other vendors. We made a consult appointment and met with them the following week. We ended up booking photography, videography, coordination, DJ, uplighting, and photo booth. If I have any advice for future couples (besides booking with this company!) it would be to not disregard DAY OF COORDINATION (it was extremely valuable to my entire bridal party and family members). Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Audrey R

My husband and I met Chris, along with a few other staff members of the Rockstar family at the Bridal Expo at the Palace about a year before our wedding. Their kindness, knowledge, and dedication drew us to booking their crew for our big day and we were not let down. Excellent... Read More and professional staff, timely and full of knowledge. Although there were moments of hesitation with a few vendors and services that we booked, we saw the puzzle come together on our wedding day and everything was PERFECT. Advice: If you are contemplating having a Wedding Coordinator for the day of, do not think twice! Book Yvan and Amy. Amazing ladies, I would have been completely lost without them! The DJ's were excellent, and the music they played was so good that my husband and I forgot about the playlist that we worked on. Chris felt the crowd and played accordingly. We had a fusion wedding with Arabic, Spanish, and English music. Such a blast! Our photographers and videographers were consistently snapping shots and videos. Can't wait to see their work. Great job Rockstar Family!!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Amelia M

These guys are amazing!! They stuck to the playlist that we provided for most of dinner and cocktails, and played some of our music plus other great dancing music after dinner. They really had all of our guests up and dancing for almost the entire night, which was great. They... Read More took requests and were super professional. They also provided uplighting for free of charge, which looked amazing. They were great at coordinating all of the evening events, and their announcing skills were great. They were so reasonably priced. I would recommend these guys for any event that you need a DJ for!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jessica F

I would honestly give Rockstar Weddings 10 stars if I could. Initially, I thought they only offered the bundled service of photography and DJ. But then we met Chris and he informed me that they could also offer me engagement photos, boudoir photos, uplighting, photo booth,... Read More officiant, on-site hair and make up, videography, a wedding planner, and day of coordinator. I was all for this. I figured the fewer vendors I had, the less stressed I would be. I was right. Please see my separate reviews for hair and make up (Primp Beauty) as this is a separate businesses that Rockstar has a VERY good working relationships with. The uplighting was gorgeous and really transformed our reception venue. I've been very impressed with the engagement and boudoir my photographer has produced. They look like they belong in a magazine. Can't wait to see pictures from the wedding day. I am also very excited about the video - as I can't remember too much of the wedding day - it went by too fast. Worth it. All of the guests LOVED the photo booth. Rockstar works with you to customize your photo strip design. The one thing my guests didn't realize (and it might be for the best) is that the photo booth also recorded video. Still, we ended up with some really great photos at the end of the night. That's another nice thing. You don't have to wait to get your photos from the photo booth. Rockstar hands you an album at the end of the night so that way, next morning, when you're wishing you can relive your wedding all over again - you can! There's Aunt Millie, wearing a batman mask, clearly intoxicated. Well worth it. Our officiant was also our MC (DIallo). I was a little skeptical about this at first but he put together a beautiful ceremony reading for us. As an officiant, he was very decorous and worked hard to craft the type of ceremony we wanted. As an MC, he kept the party going! Then there's the DJ. We had DJ Noah. First, a little bit about myself and my husband. We LOVE EDM (electronic dance music). Rockstar asks you to submit a list of music you'd like played at your ceremony. The list we submitted was very vague. Because , to be honest, you can't really list EDM tracks you like. So we listed sub-genres and specific artists. Oh my gosh! Let me tell you! DJ Noah was able to craft the perfect reception playlist out of our half ass list. He kept the dance floor packed all night. There were honestly moments I had to stop and remind myself we were at our wedding reception and not an actual EDM concert. He's that good. Now to literally the BEST part of Rockstar - our wedding planner and coordinator Yvan. This petite little lady is worth more than her weight in gold. She met with us several times leading up to the wedding to provide us with vendors and fully flesh out our vision of our wedding. When my hair and make up person flaked on me literally hours before my boudoir photo shoot - Yvan came in clutch and found a replacement. She is absolutely the reason my wedding day was stress free. She made sure everyone followed the time line and frequently checked in with me to make sure I was okay and/or to help fix my make up. She is an absolute sweetheart and one in a million. Get her for your wedding. You will not regret it. So, overall, Rockstar Weddings is a wickedly talented group of young people. They work hard to make your day memorable, but also enjoy your day with you. I think, with everything that they offer, that they are affordable. HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Richard J

The entire Rockstar team was efficient and understanding to any last minute changes. In fact they helped make things ever easier if a change needed to happen. My wife and I were impressed, everyone arrived on time and our wedding album look amazing. Glad we got a full service... Read More package. Would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Amanda Z

Rockstar Weddings did our DJ for both ceremony and reception. We are both overly happy with the work that was put into our special night. Chris made sure everything ran on time and that everything went on without any issues. Friends and family have been talking about how great... Read More our DJ was for the last month! Impressed with the quality of their lights, sound system, and knowledge of mixing music in order to please all tastes of everyone at the celebration. I would highly recommend their service above all other vendors I had spoke with during my time planning.

Diallo

Known as one of Detroit’s gems, DJ Diallo has been performing clubs and weddings for over a decade. Born and raised in the city of Detroit, Diallo’s exposure to multiple genres of music allows him to relate to crowds of all diversities. Today Diallo is known as one of the most diverse deejay’s in the metro Detroit area. He has played at venues such as Elektricity, MotorCity Soundboard, The Masonic Temple, Grasshopper Underground, Bleu, Big Rock Ultra Lounge, and Rattlesnake Club. The future is bright for this Detroit native, he shows no sign of slowing down.