Salem Waterfront Hotel

Salem, MA

Perfection on Pickering Wharf

The Salem waterfront Hotel & Marina sits waterside in Historic Salem, MA. With a nautical, contemporary and warm decor, our chandeliered Maritime Ballroom makes us the perfect location for your upcoming nuptials.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

225 Derby Street, Salem, MA

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Emma F

I had my wedding here in May and everything was amazing. Caitlyn Ward was my coordinator and she made sure everything went exactly as planned. My husband is in the military and we had to reschedule the wedding due to a deployment and Caitlyn worked with me on changing all of the... Read More vendors to a new date and replanning the entire wedding. As for the actual day of the wedding I couldn't be happier. Caitlyn ensured everything ran smoothly and I wasn't stressed about anything. Also the food is to die for. We had filet mignon and chicken saltimbocca with clam chowder and caesar salad. Our guests raved about the filet mignon and clam chowder. The venue has a great location because it's walking distance from many attractions in Salem. Many out of town guests came and stayed for the weekend to explore the town.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Cherish S

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect in planning a wedding, and three days after our wonderful day, I can not express enough thanks for the staff and venue at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all on site, as well as about 52 rooms... Read More for our guests over the weekend. The staff was wonderful and very diligent about making sure all of our wishes were taken care of. Caitlyn Ward is hands down one of the most personable, organized day of coordinators. She took care of every detail, and the details we didn't care about, she simply gave us hints of what she would do. She was amazing. Caitlyn worked with us for an entire year, and never made us feel as if we were asking too much. Our guests all commented on the food, especially the clam chowdar and the spring rolls from the reception. Kevin, our fun and fantastic bartender, took care of us not only at the Regatta Pub, but also worked our reception. The only time there was a line at the bar was during the first 15 minutes of cocktail hour, and we had some heavy drinkers at our wedding. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and willing to help with restaurant recommendations and other sites of Salem since about 90% of our guests were from out of town. Caitlyn, Kevin, and the rest of the staff at Salem Waterfront Hotel made my husband and I feel like we were the most important people. They always remembered us through the year of planning and did everything they could to make sure our day was magical. When we were leaving on Sunday morning, Caitlyn came out to see us off, and Tim (my husband) gave her a hug and told her we were going to miss her. I reiterated that sentiment and asked if we could still come up and hang out with her. She told us anytime. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for a great full service venue on the North Shore. Its walking distance to a ton of great sites, shopping and restaurants, but most of all they will make you feel like royalty for your big day. Amazing job Caitlyn and Company.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Mattie S

We got married at Willowdale Estate (Topsfield MA) and used Salem Waterfront for our entire wedding party, and for getting ready at. Not only did they accommodate us through the entire planning process (which included several frustrating guestroom changes, adjusted events, and... Read More planning hiccups from our end) they personally took care of every issue with patience and professional kindness - that we so appreciated during the stress of wedding planning. The night before our wedding they had placed me (the bride) in a room I was unhappy with and within 5 minutes they had me moved to a beautiful suite, with all the amenities I could have possibly wanted the morning of my wedding. Caitlyn and Ryan were both wonderful to work with, and we can't thank them enough for giving our guests a fabulous place to stay and being flexible/helpful/responsive during our planning process.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Anna K

The staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel helped make our November 2015 wedding amazing!!! We worked with Caitlyn and she was excellent!! She was very attentive to our many questions, she offered great ideas, and was wonderful to work with during the planning! On the day before... Read More and the day of the wedding, she was extremely helpful and took care of everything for us! My mother and I designed and brought in most of our decorations and centerpieces, and Caitlyn and the rest of the staff were meticulous in setting everything up exactly the way we had imagined! The waitstaff at the hotel were also excellent - very professional and kind. The food was delicious - our guests talked about it long after the wedding was over! The front desk staff was helpful and our guests enjoyed having a room block at the hotel. We also had a brunch the next morning at the hotel, and the great service continued there too! We are beyond happy with how everything turned out for our wedding reception!! We highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel as an excellent wedding reception venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Stefanie S

We were married in Topsfield but had many out of town guests - we loved Salem for our central location & the Waterfront Hotel was perfect! The rooms were updated, clean and had reasonable rates for peak season. The Bridal suite was perfect size for 8 bridesmaids, MOB & myself to... Read More get ready in - I had a hair team of 4 stylists and 2 make up artists. We hosted Welcome Drinks at the Regatta Pub (the outdoor patio was perfect for an August night), the grooms party had breakfast & watched English Premier League soccer there on the morning of the wedding. We also used the hotel for Sunday brunch which was perfect. Would highly recommend for your wedding guests to stay & other wedding weekend options!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Katie B

My husband and I had our wedding here this past April, and I can honestly say it was the best choice I made. Everything was so perfect. Beautiful location. Perfect for pictures. Robyn and her team are amazing! She coordinated everything so beautifully. So much more than I could... Read More even imagine. The food is outstanding. Everything was cooked to perfection. I was so happy on how everything turned out. The cocktail hour is unbelievable it is set up so nicely and lots of space. It was the happiest day of my life and I am so happy with my choice. I would highly recommended The Salem Water Front Hotel and Marina for a wedding. They make everything so perfect for such a special day!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Hannah L

We reserved a wedding room block at the Salem Waterfront Hotel, plus we hosted a brunch the morning after the wedding at the hotel. We had a very positive experience working with Salem Waterfront. Caitlyn Ward was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful with the planning... Read More and logistics. Guests really enjoyed their stay at the hotel. The hotel has a nice, sunny, welcoming feel to it and it’s very conveniently located to all that Salem and the North Shore have to offer. The brunch was in the Compass Room, and it was the perfect way to send off our guests after the wedding. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for rooms for their guests in the Salem area.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Tiffany O

On August 1, 2015 my husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and it was with out a doubt the best day of our lives. We definitely give a lot of credit to the hotel staff and event coordinator, Robyn, for making it more special than we could have every imagined.... Read More Everyone was so friendly, helpful and accommodating from the very beginning stages of the planning. Not only is the staff extraordinary, but the location is and scenery is absolutely stunning. The marina and warf are so picturesque and truly unique in such a gorgeous way. Also, there is so much to do in Salem, that not only is the location beautiful, it is also very convenient and fun! We have had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I HIGHLY recommend hosting your wedding day at the Salem Waterfront Hotel!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Lindsay R

We got married here a little over a month ago--our wedding was amazing and unforgettable! Caitlyn was so amazing to work with I miss hearing form her already! She made the day and everything leading up to it completely seamless. I honestly have no idea what we would have done... Read More without her! The staff was wonderful at the reception and everything was very clean. Our rooms were great although we didn't spend much time in them. Everyone here worked so hard to make our wedding day amazing and they succeeded :) Can't thank you enough!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015

December 2014 we had a double wedding for my daughter and my husband's niece! It was a great night and a great location at the Waterfront Hotel! Robyn offered suggestions to make the day special and handled all the requests I made with such professionalism! The night sparkled... Read More and so many guests remind me of how fun they had! The wait staff set up and take down were tremendous ! The set up folks were so terrific and talented in getting it all done! The lobby was great for photos as was the pool area! We had an incredibly spectacular event and would definitely return for another special occasion!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

I recently had a winter wonderland wedding at Salem Waterfront back in December, my mother and I worked closely with Robyn to create the wedding of my dreams! Robyn had fantastic ideas, and the hotel lobby had been decorated beautifully which made the pictures one of a kind!... Read More Everything couldn't have been any better!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Guy M

Our wedding on June 6, 2015 went super smoothly with Robyn leading the charge! It truly was the best time and was way more than I ever expected or hoped for. The venue was beautiful and the outside location for the ceremony really was the icing on the cake. Robyn suggested some... Read More great vendors as well and I found it very helpful that they knew the venue and the staff very well so everything went flawlessly. If we were to go back there is nothing we would change about the food or the location!

Excellent venue for rehearsal dinner and room blocks!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Sarah F

Our rehearsal dinner in the Compass Room, consisting of about 36 people, was delicious, easy to plan, and budget-friendly! Blocking off rooms for guests (including 'honeymoon suite') was simple and our guests were extremely happy with the hotel, location, and staff. Not to... Read More mention the pub which we all partied in after the rehearsal dinner! Robyn made the whole process of the dinner and the blocks so easy for me. She responded to all of my confusing emails so quickly and answered all of my questions. She even fulfilled my mom's (very last-minute) request of a breakfast buffet in the pub for Sunday with friends and family. I would highly recommend the Salem Waterfront for both a rehearsal dinner as well as room blocks!! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Ariel S

I had a room block at the Salem Waterfront Hotel for my wedding in Topsfield and my husband and I stayed in the hotel as well. We had such a fantastic time during our stay and heard only good things from our guests that stayed as well. You can't beat the location in Salem,... Read More walking distance to all the best restaurants & shops, right along the water. The staff were attentive and helpful, the accommodations were clean and comfortable. On the night of the wedding we came back and were able to make it to last call at one of the neighboring bars in Pickering Wharf which was fun and the night after the wedding we rented a boat out of Pickering Wharf for our visiting guests and then spent a few hours at the hotel's regatta bar (their outdoor fire pits are so fun to gather around with a large group!). We would recommend the hotel to any couples getting married in the North Shore area - it's convenient, with great amenities and wonderful service!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Susan W

We had my daughter's wedding here and it couldn't have been better. The wedding coordinator, Robyn, was phenomenal and helped with everything along the whole journey in such a timely manner. The food was great, the venue was clean and the staff were friendly. We felt this was an... Read More excellent value for the money.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 John Y

Flawless! My daughter was married at Pickering Wharf Salem, MA in August 2015 and the reception was held at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. Working with Robyn Sheather, (wedding consultant) was a pleasure from the first moment a year in advance to the final event. Robyn was... Read More thorough, insightful, and made the process as pleasant and relaxing as possible. The venue was beautiful. All of our requests were fulfilled beyond expectations. The hotel was accommodating and pleasant to all our invited guests. The Grand ballroom held our 125 guests with great comfort and airiness. Our meals ( Filet Mignon, Salmon) were delicious and served promptly and hot. The Pickering Wharf ceremony location, prepared with some additional decorating and flower arrangements was beautiful, especially with the Friendship of Salem ship docked in the background. Passers by, during the ceremony were extremely courteous and respectful. I was proud to welcome our out of town guests to the Salem area and the SWH for what proved to be an outstanding weekend of great pride and joy, and I believe a most memorable day for my daughter and son-in-law. Highly recommended. John Y.

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

My daughter was married there on 4/25/15. Here it is Sept and wedding guests are still talking about the wedding and its venue! Our families and extended families always tended to celebrate our weddings somewhat locally and Salem was never an option until my daughter did much... Read More research to find something different than what we were used to. However let's face it, they were looking for a great venue that was unique to them that provided: décor, reasonably priced, quality, ambience and a hotel for our guests to stay. WE GOT ALL OF THAT AND THEN SOME CHOOSING THE SALEM WATERFRONT HOTEL!. As the father of the bride unfortunately more often than not most fathers of the bride don't have deep pockets and price does matter. SWH beat EVERY venue's quotes and when my daughter presented the quote to me I couldn't believe my eyes. I was skeptical, so I visited the hotel and spoke with the wedding planner (Robyn) and it was the real deal. A payment plan was worked out and instead of being in hawk with credit cards I was setting up payments. Also SWH/Robyn worked with me and was EXTREMELY accommodating on my payments when it was a bad financial month for me. I cannot stress that enough, how stress free that part of the experience was. From a father's perspective I got # 1 out of the way, so let's talk about the event now. A great happy hour for our guests in a separate room which opened out to the outside on a deck where we had hors d'oeuvres and cocktails, while the wedding party were carted off to the picturesque Pickering Wharf out at the sailboat and snapping pictures overlooking the ocean. It was just a great atmosphere and set the tone. The food, "oh the food!!!!!!" Most of the guests had the filet mignon. I had a 1/2 dozen people come up to me, unplanned and not at the same tables with virtually the same line to me which was uncanny.....why would we go to Capital Grill when we can get a better steak here! That was no knock on Capital Grill's quality, but a kudo for SWH (and it is less expensive). The hall set up was spectacular, the bride obviously has a lot of input to what she'd like, but Robyn and the Hotel made it happen. On the day of the wedding while we were in the "happy hour room" Robyn had time to show two young couples planning to be married the hall and its set up. It was both their first visits that day to SWH....both put down deposits and booked immediately! The wedding went off without a hitch, wedding planner was awesome, staff were friendly and engaging. Bartenders earned their money. All I know if this place was around when I was married it would of been my choice as well. I have an EXTREMELY large family and have attended between family and friends I'd say close to 100 weddings in the last 30 years......this one at SWH was definitely in the top 3 for sure in every aspect of what you are looking for. (but I can guarantee you swh beat the price) For all you folks that are reading this review out there that have written a review. As you know we don't get anything for writing this from the venue. We do it to thank them (in this case SWH) for giving my daughter and son-in-law a positive experience they will never forget for as long as they live.....and to make sure folks out there have the opportunity to experience this as well. I cannot recommend the SWH enough and you'd be crazy not to check them out. Thanks SWH and Robyn for the memories! Tim R

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Tiffany W

My husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront on August 1, 2015, and it was more than I could have ever dreamed of! The food, scenery, accommodations, service and most of all the staff were above and beyond. Robyn Sheather was amazing to work with! She helped make the day... Read More go so smoothly and was so responsive to all my questions throughout the planning process. She really was a huge reason why I did not feel nearly as stressed as I thought I would. The majority of our guests stayed at the hotel and all the staff was so accommodating. Having our wedding at a hotel was the best decision we ever made for convenience. The Salem Waterfront Hotel is a fabulous location with so much to do with a wide variety of restaurants, museums, and shops. And of course the location is perfect if you are looking for a beautiful ocean backdrop. There are so many really awesome spots to have photos taken, and the outdoor ceremony set up overlooking the Marina is perfect. Our guests can't stop talking about how much fun our day was. So many people have told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to and it will be difficult to top our wedding! If you're looking for a fun and beautiful location definitely consider the Salem Waterfront Hotel!

Great Service & Care

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

My partner and I's experience with the Salem Waterfront Hotel started off rocky. We ended up dealing with 3 coordinators as the first two left the hotel. As you can imagine, getting two calls to alert us of a change in Wedding Planner was a little unnerving. However, once... Read More meeting Robyn and the rest of the team, our fears were soon cast away. Robyn did everything in her power to comfort us, guide us, and educate us through the whole planning process. She made everything simple and easy and it allowed us to know that had we missed something, she'd be there to figure it out. The staff was beyond amazing. My partner and I work in hospitality, so for us, it was nice being on the other side. They always made sure we were doing well and being taken care of. All of our guests enjoyed the food and service. Salem Waterfront Hotel has some of the best banquet food I have ever tasted. I highly recommend this venue for anyone considering getting married outside of Boston. They are kind and warm-hearted and everything was reasonably priced. I would do it all again in a heartbeat (with the same bride of course!).

Great!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Betsaida R

My wife and I had our reception here on May 24, 2014. It was literally the best day of our lives and that had A LOT to do with how wonderful the Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina were (from beginning to end). Everything went so smoothly and our guests cannot stop raving (still!)... Read More about how beautiful and classy the venue/setup was. I cannot say enough about the Sales Manager Robyn Sheather. From the beginning, she made us feel at ease. The day before our wedding, we got a last minute call from the limo company canceling our vehicles (Lynette's Limo - NEVER use them as they were recently shut down by the Feds). As a result, our last minute limo booking had to end our service an hour earlier than originally planned. We were not taking our photos too far from the hotel (but far enough for two brides in poofy dresses to not want to walk). Robyn was so observant that she noticed when our limos drove away from the site of the photos and instructed the hotel staff to drive over and pick us up in the hotel golf cart. It was so sweet and our photographer caught a great photo of us driving away on the back of the cart. Do not hesitate to have your wedding here. It was worth every penny.

The perfect day

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Jaime W

I recently got married at Salem Waterfront Hotel. I worked closely with Robyn who is the wedding coordinator. She was amazing every step of the way. I live in Texas and had to do most things long distance. She made sure everything was perfect and would send out friendly... Read More reminders if I was behind. The entire staff there was friendly and personable. The ceremony was outside on the water and they set it up perfectly. I couldn't believe how amazing the staff set up the reception. I was busy getting ready and just gave Robyn all my decorations. The place was fabulous. I feel like I am rambling on but I only have good things to say about this place. It was the wedding of my dreams.

Best venue on the north shore!!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Amanda

The Salem Waterfront Hotel was the perfect venue for my wedding in July!!! Not only is every person that works there so friendly, Robyn the event manager is literally a godsend!!!! She was the only reason I remained sane during the whole wedding planning process. The venue... Read More itself is absolutely stunning, and the views are to die for. The food at our wedding was seriously the best food I've ever had at any wedding. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the baked haddock was!!! My husband and I looked at almost every venue on the north shore area and by far the Salem Waterfront Hotel was the best value. A lot of brides don't get the luxury of being a guest at their own wedding, but thanks to all the great people at the hotel, I was able to just show up and party! Please consider the Salem Waterfront Hotel for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Magical Night

Reviewed on 10/09/2014

We had to change the venue for our Rehearsal Party 2 month before the wedding. Finding a place in such a short time had us very concerned. But when we walked into the Salem Waterfront Hotel and met Caitlyn we knew we would be OK. Caitlyn guided us along the way and was... Read More actually on site the night of the dinner. The food was exceptional the staff were kind and professional. We all had a magical evening. After the dinner we moved to the Regatta Bar and ended the evening sitting around the fire pits. Thanks for giving us such a great memory.

Wonderful, Convenient and Fun location!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Katie S

My husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel September 2014 and it was beautiful. From beginning to end, Robyn and her team were so helpful, courteous and flexible! My husband and his family & friends are from San Diego originally, and we currently live there... Read More now too. Planning a wedding from 3000 miles away from our venue seemed like a daunting task to take on, but Robyn was so accommodating and up front about all our needs and wants. Everything went so smooth and I was not stressed at all! I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with friends and family. The venue is perfect if you're looking for a convenient, downtown spot where people can park their car for the weekend and have so much to do at their fingertips in downtown Salem with all the restaurants, nightlife, museums, shops etc. The food at the hotel was great and can be tailored to what you're looking for, the bar selection was extensive and our ceremony set up (outside) was perfect. There are some great spots for pictures right around the corner as well - so you don't have to go to location #2. Also, once our wedding concluded, everyone went (and walked) out to the bars for the after party! For my wedding where we had many guests coming from out of town, some never having been to Massachusetts, the Salem Waterfront Hotel was the perfect locale for us. A big plus, was that Boston was only 25 minutes away by train as well. I highly recommend this venue for any bride!