Salem Waterfront Hotel

Salem, MA

Book Your Wedding with Salem Waterfront Hotel

A BALLROOM IN SALEM, MA

The Maritime Ballroom uniquely offers a modern touch to a classic wedding. Its chic interior finishing, hanging crystal chandeliers and equally spaced tables blend to create a marvelous reception space. The ballroom’s grand nature enables hosting of up to 220 seated guests

The Compass Room is an intimate event space ideal for small-sized receptions and rehearsals. Though it has a capacity of 40 to 60 guests, its warm colors add a sparkle of beauty to the setup. Moreover, the compass room has an outdoor patio for cocktails and relaxation.

Salem Waterfront Hotel has several packages tailored to suit a variety of tastes and preferences. Notable packages include Platinum, Perfection and the Affordable Elegance package. The Platinum Package is the venue's top package. It includes a one hour open bar for the cocktail hour, luxurious floor length linens, custom napkins and chair covers, butler served wine during dinner, wedding cake, and their top suite at the hotel for the wedding night. On the other hand, couples can choose to customize these packages to their liking.

At Salem Waterfront Hotel, a team of talented chefs and culinary staff are responsible for the provision of both local and international cuisines. In this regard, couples are advised to avail information on specific meal requests and guest allergies early enough for special arrangements to be made. The venue does not allow the services of outside caterers. The hotel also includes a dedicated wedding specialist who works solely with the couple from the beginning planning process to the day of coordination.

Couples are mandated to provide a final guaranteed guest number 14 business days prior to the event. A deposit of 50 percent of the anticipated charge is required six months in advance and the remaining charges are due two weeks to the event date.

The hotel also offers a stunning outdoor ceremony space. The Salem Waterfront Hotel's outdoor ceremony is right along the waterfront in Pickering Wharf. White archways decorate the greenery to create a romantic ceremony.

The staff at Salem Waterfront Hotel are responsible for event coordination, planning, setup and after ceremony cleanup. This team of talented specialists readily work closely with personal event planners to ensure every detail is captured. Couples who wish to spend their honeymoon at Salem Waterfront Hotel enjoy the following extra amenities.

• Discounted hotel rates
  • Golf Carts to transport guests from overflow parking lot to the Hotel
  • The Regatta Pub with fire pits on the outdoor patio
  • Complimentary Parking

Perfection on Pickering Wharf

The Salem waterfront Hotel & Suite's sits waterside in Historic Salem, MA. With a nautical, contemporary and warm decor, our chandeliered Maritime Ballroom makes us the perfect location for your upcoming nuptials.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

225 Derby Street, Salem, MA (978) 619-1115

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Kerri C

We chose to stay at this Hotel for our wedding at Misselwood, and we couldn't be more happy that we did! We booked a suite so the girls and I could get ready in the morning. We also had some friends and family stay as well. The Pub was a perfect location for the guys/dads to... Read More meet up and relax while us girls were doing our thing. The day of, Ryan was amazing. We had lunch and mimosas sent up. My hair dresser asked him for a taller chair and he brought a few right up. The suite was large with good lighting (perfect for hair/makeup team), the bed was super comfy. Breakfast and mimosas were perfect! Let's be honest, location is key and the hotel is right downtown, close to everything and right next door to Finz where we had our rehearsal dinner. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Al I

Again it is worth noting that these “little details” or small hiccups I mentioned above are things NO ONE noticed but my husband and I and our immediate families who were in on all of the planning. If you are willing to have family/friends/bridal party help you immensely on the... Read More day of (more so than they already do!) [i.e. my mom went out to set-up some of my ceremony decorations so ensure they got done] then the Salem Waterfront is for you! If you have the time to manage every aspect of your big day (I am a school teacher and had my whole summer off to plan) and be in constant contact with your coordinator/sales manager then you would LOVE your wedding at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. However, if you are expecting a coordinator/sales manager who will do every little thing for you without much, planning, finger lifting or check-ins from you might want to look somewhere else or hire a “Day Of” wedding coordinator to manage all of these things. We look forward to our complimentary anniversary stay at the hotel next year and my husband can't wait for our small replica wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Joanne S

What can we say! The day was fantastic thanks to Rose O'Malley and her staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. The weather did not cooperate, but the day went off without a hitch. Thanks for making Abby and Andrew's special day so magical. We thoroughly enjoyed working with... Read More Rose!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Jennilee R

My husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel on August 26, 2017 & it was better than we ever could have imagined. The venue itself is stunning ( so many awesome spots for pictures), but the quality of service & food were second to none. We had the pleasure of... Read More working with two amazing wedding coordinators Caitlyn Ward & Rose O'Malley who both went above & beyond for us. Rose took over as our wedding coordinator a few months prior to the wedding & she made sure that everything we had been planning for the past year went exactly as planned. Rose was so easy to work with as she is extremely sweet, organized, & professional. She always answered any question that we had in a timely manner ( which is huge for the bride) and made sure that any requests or last minute changes were fulfilled. She made us feel as if we were the only couple she was working with. The Hotel & rooms are absolutely beautiful, many guests stayed for the weekend & enjoyed site seeing in downtown Salem & the great food from the Regatta Pub ! It's been a month since our wedding & our guests are still talking about our big day ! My husband & I truly had the most amazing experience! Thank you to the staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel for making our day the best ever !!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Christopher M

My wedding was in the first week of September at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. When we first came to the hotel we both fell in love with it. It was a beautiful space and the package they were offering was great, but the really reason why we picked this venue was because of the... Read More wedding coordinator Caitlyn. She was amazing, until she left the hotel for unknown reasons. We ended up getting stuck with Peri that is now a coordinator at the hotel. Peri did not review our file when Caitlyn left because our bill was completely wrong and we are getting double charged. When we first were given a contract we’re were given a bill break down along with it from Caitlyn. The cost on this bill included taxes and fee’s that were being charged and says it clearly on the breakdown. The total price on the breakdown was the price that was quoted on our contract and what we agreed upon. I was in constant communication with Peri leading up to our wedding asking her if we had any outstanding bills and payments. She advised us that we were great and that we even overpaid! A week after our wedding we receive a bill from her saying she had made a mistake and forgot to charge us! The bill came to $7000! Peri said that she forgot to add fee’s. But it was already included in our payments from the breakdown we recieved! We also fulfilled payments on the total amount contracted on in the time frame we were suppose to which is why our wedding even took place on our day or else it would not have happened! This is something the hotel should take care of and review and not us! In the end this will most like end in litigation (since they have their attorney calling us) which is something we don’t want and should not have happened only if the hotel staff would review what was left to them from Caitlyn. If you contract with the hotel you should make sure you keep all your bills and break downs like I did Incase this happens to you. It’s a shame this is happening because it was a beautiful and memorable day for us and now this is just ruining it for us! I wish we would have been able to stay with Caitlyn in the end.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Bayley C

Where to even begin?! This Venue was absolutely perfect, Rose the wedding coordinator was there with me every step of the way and was truly my guiding light through the entire week leading up to the wedding! The week of my wedding the weather was looking like it was supposed to... Read More rain (the ceremony was slated to be outside) Rose got news that the manager of the hotel wanted to move the ceremony inside but Rose knew how much I wanted to keep the ceremony outside and personally called the owner and got the go ahead to keep the ceremony outside! She is so professional and truly one of the sweetest people! all of the staff at this venue were so nice and catered to my every need! the entire day of the wedding flowed flawlessly and my guest can't stop talking about how perfect everything was! I would recommend this venue to any bride who is looking to have her fairytale day because this venue truly made my wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 David P

My Wife and I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel August 12, 2017, and everything was just perfect. We started planning two years in advance and had the pleasure to work with Robyn, Caitlyn, and Rose; all three wedding specialist are great, experienced and... Read More professional. Rose took over as our coordinator, she put our minds at ease even after last minute changes and she made sure everything went exactly as planned for our big day, definitely went above and beyond. We loved the food, and we still getting great compliments from some of our guests about it, specially the passed hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. The Platinum Package was priced reasonably, and the hotel was very flexible some requests we had for our big day, specially Linda who also went above and beyond to make sure we did not have to worry about anything and enjoy our wedding day. Bridal suite was spectacular specially after turn down service ;-) The entire staff at the hotel was great and we highly recommend this for a wedding venue or any other special event.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Ali P

We got married at the Waterfront Hotel last month, and it couldn't have been more perfect. The two BEST things about the Waterfront were the coordinator Caitlyn and the food, both of which were spectacular. The package was priced reasonably, and the hotel was very flexible... Read More with a few special requests we had for our big day. I don't have a single negative thing I can say about this venue. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lyndsay M

My wife and I got married at Salem Waterfront Hotel in November 2015 and we couldn't have asked for a better venue for our ceremony and reception. Caitlyn Ward, a wedding planner at the hotel, helped us with all of the wedding planning and we loved her!! We highly recommend... Read More Salem Waterfront Hotel and Caitlyn!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Thomas H

We had our wedding here laat weekend. It was amazing. We were engaged for a few years and Caitlyn Ward who is the coordinator was there for me from start to finish with any questions or concerns I had. I couldn't have done it without her. She was with me up until the last second... Read More walking threw the doors. I recommend this venue to anyone looking for an amazing location, great food and an incredible people who are there for you.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Theresa M

Deciding to have my wedding at the Salem waterfront hotel was not a hard decision to make at all... my husband and I always travel to Salem mass for our weekend getaways and consider ourselves lucky when we get the chance to stay at that remarkable hotel.. working with Caitlyn... Read More was amazing!! I run out of words to describe her.. she is phenomenal! So professional and organized and she always has a solution for the smallest problem... we truly hit the jack pot being able to work with her not only is she the best at what she does but she is one of the most kindest souls I have ever meet and she will truly do anything to make sure your wedding day is perfect no matter how big or small... we are the lucky ones to have meet her and have her help us with everything for our wedding day... everyone at that hotel is amazing the chef is incredible the food was delicious... from the bartenders and servers that were working that day and everyone even working the front desk I could not thank all of them enough you all are amazing!! I highly recommend this established for any function you may be throwing especially your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alyssa H

I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel in June of this year with 200 guests. My four star review is for the overall hotel and service we received. If this review was just for Caitlyn it would be 10 stars, but unfortunately there aren't just 100 of her working at the hotel!... Read More Caitlyn was absolutely AMAZING for the entire year plus leading up to my wedding. I can't tell you how much easier she made my life and how helpful she was. However, there were quite a few things that could be improved the actual weekend of the wedding. - check in and check out - the front staff was confused and not helpful to the guests who had reservations. I got so many calls about non existent reservations, etc. which is the last thing you want to be doing on the night before your wedding. Check out - no one helped me and made sure I got everything from the night before. My husband and I had to drive back over an hour and a half round trip to come back for our wedding cake that no one brought out for me from the fridge. Someone should have been there Friday when we were checking in and on Sunday as we were checking out specifically dedicated to the wedding when there are that many people. (I'm pretty sure we were one of the largest weddings they've ever had) - the woman also rudely told me I couldn't come into the back room to get all of the wedding stuff on Sunday morning even though A. all of my stuff was back there and B. I had already been back there with Caitlyn multiple times - the pub was not prepared for the brunch crowd on Sunday at all and were rude, flustered, and took forever. I told them we were having a farewell brunch in the pub and they were obviously not prepared. My dad (who footed the bill for the whole wedding) had to wait 15 minutes just to get a coffee...a lot of people actually left our brunch to go eat somewhere else because it took so long for people to come up to them and we wanted all of our friends together so we could say our goodbyes. - cleaners didn't clean up all the drinks out of the bridal suite in between getting ready and the end of the night even though my wedding planner was in the room and specifically asked them to before they left - After Caitlyn left for the night the banquet manager was no where to be found so there wasn't anyone really to help us. My wedding planner had to keep asking people to go get him and he wasn't very helpful or communicative. They weren't very careful with packing up our items at the end of the night and just threw my bouquet in a box where it was ruined. - The AC was basically non existent, we were all so sweaty (again which makes me believe they don't typically have weddings that big) - Mimosas when we were getting ready - we had to keep calling and looking for them, It would have been awesome if they were there the whole time. - We had to rent or buy a lot of stuff for the wedding, having to pay to upgrade everything they offer even in the most inclusive package was frustrating and got very expensive. I think the hotel should invest in some of that or spell out all of the charges that you will likely opt for in the beginning. Overall, I still would have chosen this hotel for my wedding and it was an incredibly beautiful day. I gave this feedback to Caitlyn as well, but I know as a bride that read every single review, if I had known about these issues before I would have made sure it didn't happen, so hope this helps someone else!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

We based our August 2016 wedding weekend out of Salem, blocking guest rooms at Salem Waterfront and hosting brunch there too. We were very happy with the experience as were our guests. The Waterfront staff were wonderful for both the lodging and brunch. Out of town guests... Read More were very impressed. Caitlyn is kind, professional, and excellent to work with.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Catherine D

We based my daughter's wedding weekend out of the Salem Waterfront Hotel and everything worked out beautifully. Caitlyn was terrific to work with. The wedding itself was held elsewhere but we had an amazing brunch the next day which was delicious and relaxing. Great time all... Read More around and everyone was very professional and friendly !

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kimberly M

Wonderful Experience! I had my wedding rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and a block of rooms for my wedding which was at Misselwood. Caitlyn and her team were amazing to work with! They were very accommodating and were great with providing details leading up to the events. During... Read More the rehearsal and dinner they were so generous and nice and made it an absolutely fantastic experience.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Peter J

The hotel did a fabulous job with the set up for our wedding reception. They always made sure we had everything we needed and they made us feel very comfortable. Caitlyn Ward was our coordinator and did a fantastic job, even to the point of wiping the cake frosting off of my... Read More shoe when it fell during our cake cutting! We had a great experience at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and recommend it for anyone looking for their dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Amanda F

We got married at the hotel in January of 2016. Caitlyn Ward the event coordinator was amazing! She and her staff were excellent, all our guests loved the rooms, the food and overall experience at the hotel. Dan and I would recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel to anyone... Read More looking to host an event. Planning a wedding takes a lot of time and can be stressful, but Caitlyn made it so easy. Thank you everyone for making our wedding so special and fun! Amanda and Dan Face

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lisa S

On July 30, 2016, my husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront hotel. We would highly recommend it! From beginning to end, the staff made us feel incredibly welcome and well taken care of. In a time of crisis, they responded with panache and care. Here's what happened.... Read More My then fiance and I were planning our rehearsal dinner elsewhere. At 9:00 on the night before the rehearsal, our venue fell through. I immediately reached out to Caitlyn, our coordinator, who reached out to the chef and other necessary folks, told us not to worry, and scheduled time with us the following morning. Over breakfast, we made decisions about food, beverages, etc. And that night we had a wonderful rehearsal dinner that people raved about. That was the beginning of a beautiful weekend with our friends and families. The food was great (way better than catered food should be!) We made lots of unusual requests throughout the process, even on the morning and afternoon of the wedding, that were accommodated every time with a smile. For example, we decided that we wanted our friends and family who stayed at the hotel with us through the event to be able to have drinks on us any time prior to the wedding in the hotel bar. We devised a plan to give out rubber bracelets that the hotel staff knew entitled those guests to charge beverages to our central bill. I know that must have been a pain for them, but they did it as if it was no big deal. Salem Waterfront also recommended vendors that we immediately connected with and delivered exceptional quality results. From the cake bakery (D'Amicis in Lynn), Rouge Cosmetics in Salem, Sound City DJ and photographer and the balloon people (Balloonatics in Saugus) we could not have been more pleased with the overall outcomes. Caitlyn and the rest of the staff have made us feel so at home that we have stayed there many times before and after the wedding. The facilities are beautiful and convenient and the service is exceptional. And our guests were impressed, even my mom :)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Holly H

We had a room block at the Salem Waterfront Hotel for my wedding in June 2016. From the very beginning, we knew we were in good hands with Robyn and Caitlyn - who answered all of our questions quickly and helped us not only reserve the room block but also helped us plan the best... Read More rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch! The guests loved the ease of making reservations - the suite we had was perfect for getting ready in (and for pictures!!) - and both events that we held there went off without a hitch. It was fun going down to the Regatta Pub to meet our family and friends too. I 100% recommend having your wedding party and guests stay here and hosting one of your events at the hotel.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Caitlyn Ward was the coordinator for our daughter’s wedding accommodations at Salem Waterfront Hotel. She was nothing short of outstanding. We had a multi-day event including accommodations for local and international travelers, evening ‘meeting and greets”, Sunday Brunch and... Read More an off sight ceremony. Her attention to detail and experience allowed us adjust to every possible challenge. Her knowledge of local vendors and services provided unlimited resources for us to care for the guests. Caitlyn is the consummate professional and was a trusted partner in a very special day for our daughter. I highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel for all of your wedding and event needs.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Emma F

I had my wedding here in May and everything was amazing. Caitlyn Ward was my coordinator and she made sure everything went exactly as planned. My husband is in the military and we had to reschedule the wedding due to a deployment and Caitlyn worked with me on changing all of the... Read More vendors to a new date and replanning the entire wedding. As for the actual day of the wedding I couldn't be happier. Caitlyn ensured everything ran smoothly and I wasn't stressed about anything. Also the food is to die for. We had filet mignon and chicken saltimbocca with clam chowder and caesar salad. Our guests raved about the filet mignon and clam chowder. The venue has a great location because it's walking distance from many attractions in Salem. Many out of town guests came and stayed for the weekend to explore the town.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Cherish S

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect in planning a wedding, and three days after our wonderful day, I can not express enough thanks for the staff and venue at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all on site, as well as about 52 rooms... Read More for our guests over the weekend. The staff was wonderful and very diligent about making sure all of our wishes were taken care of. Caitlyn Ward is hands down one of the most personable, organized day of coordinators. She took care of every detail, and the details we didn't care about, she simply gave us hints of what she would do. She was amazing. Caitlyn worked with us for an entire year, and never made us feel as if we were asking too much. Our guests all commented on the food, especially the clam chowdar and the spring rolls from the reception. Kevin, our fun and fantastic bartender, took care of us not only at the Regatta Pub, but also worked our reception. The only time there was a line at the bar was during the first 15 minutes of cocktail hour, and we had some heavy drinkers at our wedding. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and willing to help with restaurant recommendations and other sites of Salem since about 90% of our guests were from out of town. Caitlyn, Kevin, and the rest of the staff at Salem Waterfront Hotel made my husband and I feel like we were the most important people. They always remembered us through the year of planning and did everything they could to make sure our day was magical. When we were leaving on Sunday morning, Caitlyn came out to see us off, and Tim (my husband) gave her a hug and told her we were going to miss her. I reiterated that sentiment and asked if we could still come up and hang out with her. She told us anytime. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for a great full service venue on the North Shore. Its walking distance to a ton of great sites, shopping and restaurants, but most of all they will make you feel like royalty for your big day. Amazing job Caitlyn and Company.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Mattie S

We got married at Willowdale Estate (Topsfield MA) and used Salem Waterfront for our entire wedding party, and for getting ready at. Not only did they accommodate us through the entire planning process (which included several frustrating guestroom changes, adjusted events, and... Read More planning hiccups from our end) they personally took care of every issue with patience and professional kindness - that we so appreciated during the stress of wedding planning. The night before our wedding they had placed me (the bride) in a room I was unhappy with and within 5 minutes they had me moved to a beautiful suite, with all the amenities I could have possibly wanted the morning of my wedding. Caitlyn and Ryan were both wonderful to work with, and we can't thank them enough for giving our guests a fabulous place to stay and being flexible/helpful/responsive during our planning process.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Anna K

The staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel helped make our November 2015 wedding amazing!!! We worked with Caitlyn and she was excellent!! She was very attentive to our many questions, she offered great ideas, and was wonderful to work with during the planning! On the day before... Read More and the day of the wedding, she was extremely helpful and took care of everything for us! My mother and I designed and brought in most of our decorations and centerpieces, and Caitlyn and the rest of the staff were meticulous in setting everything up exactly the way we had imagined! The waitstaff at the hotel were also excellent - very professional and kind. The food was delicious - our guests talked about it long after the wedding was over! The front desk staff was helpful and our guests enjoyed having a room block at the hotel. We also had a brunch the next morning at the hotel, and the great service continued there too! We are beyond happy with how everything turned out for our wedding reception!! We highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel as an excellent wedding reception venue!