Salem Waterfront Hotel

Salem, MA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Maritime Ballroom uniquely offers a modern touch to a classic wedding. Its chic interior finishing, hanging crystal chandeliers and equally spaced tables blend to create a marvelous reception space. The ballroom’s grand nature enables hosting of up to 220 seated guests

The Compass Room is an intimate event space ideal for small-sized receptions and rehearsals. Though it has a capacity of 40 to 60 guests, its warm colors add a sparkle of beauty to the setup. Moreover, the compass room has an outdoor patio for cocktails and relaxation.

Salem Waterfront Hotel has several packages tailored to suit a variety of tastes and preferences. Notable packages include Platinum, Perfection and the Affordable Elegance package. The Platinum Package is the venue's top package. It includes a one hour open bar for the cocktail hour, luxurious floor length linens, custom napkins and chair covers, butler served wine during dinner, wedding cake, and their top suite at the hotel for the wedding night. On the other hand, couples can choose to customize these packages to their liking.

At Salem Waterfront Hotel, a team of talented chefs and culinary staff are responsible for the provision of both local and international cuisines. In this regard, couples are advised to avail information on specific meal requests and guest allergies early enough for special arrangements to be made. The venue does not allow the services of outside caterers. The hotel also includes a dedicated wedding specialist who works solely with the couple from the beginning planning process to the day of coordination.

Couples are mandated to provide a final guaranteed guest number 14 business days prior to the event. A deposit of 50 percent of the anticipated charge is required six months in advance and the remaining charges are due two weeks to the event date.

The hotel also offers a stunning outdoor ceremony space. The Salem Waterfront Hotel's outdoor ceremony is right along the waterfront in Pickering Wharf. White archways decorate the greenery to create a romantic ceremony.

The staff at Salem Waterfront Hotel are responsible for event coordination, planning, setup and after ceremony cleanup. This team of talented specialists readily work closely with personal event planners to ensure every detail is captured. Couples who wish to spend their honeymoon at Salem Waterfront Hotel enjoy the following extra amenities.

• Discounted hotel rates
  • Golf Carts to transport guests from overflow parking lot to the Hotel
  • The Regatta Pub with fire pits on the outdoor patio
  • Complimentary Parking

Perfection on Pickering Wharf

The Salem waterfront Hotel & Suite's sits waterside in Historic Salem, MA. With a nautical, contemporary and warm decor, our chandeliered Maritime Ballroom makes us the perfect location for your upcoming nuptials.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

225 Derby Street, Salem, MA (978) 619-1115

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Lyndsay M

My wife and I got married at Salem Waterfront Hotel in November 2015 and we couldn't have asked for a better venue for our ceremony and reception. Caitlyn Ward, a wedding planner at the hotel, helped us with all of the wedding planning and we loved her!! We highly recommend... Read More Salem Waterfront Hotel and Caitlyn!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Thomas H

We had our wedding here laat weekend. It was amazing. We were engaged for a few years and Caitlyn Ward who is the coordinator was there for me from start to finish with any questions or concerns I had. I couldn't have done it without her. She was with me up until the last second... Read More walking threw the doors. I recommend this venue to anyone looking for an amazing location, great food and an incredible people who are there for you.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Theresa M

Deciding to have my wedding at the Salem waterfront hotel was not a hard decision to make at all... my husband and I always travel to Salem mass for our weekend getaways and consider ourselves lucky when we get the chance to stay at that remarkable hotel.. working with Caitlyn... Read More was amazing!! I run out of words to describe her.. she is phenomenal! So professional and organized and she always has a solution for the smallest problem... we truly hit the jack pot being able to work with her not only is she the best at what she does but she is one of the most kindest souls I have ever meet and she will truly do anything to make sure your wedding day is perfect no matter how big or small... we are the lucky ones to have meet her and have her help us with everything for our wedding day... everyone at that hotel is amazing the chef is incredible the food was delicious... from the bartenders and servers that were working that day and everyone even working the front desk I could not thank all of them enough you all are amazing!! I highly recommend this established for any function you may be throwing especially your wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alyssa H

I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel in June of this year with 200 guests. My four star review is for the overall hotel and service we received. If this review was just for Caitlyn it would be 10 stars, but unfortunately there aren't just 100 of her working at the hotel!... Read More Caitlyn was absolutely AMAZING for the entire year plus leading up to my wedding. I can't tell you how much easier she made my life and how helpful she was. However, there were quite a few things that could be improved the actual weekend of the wedding. - check in and check out - the front staff was confused and not helpful to the guests who had reservations. I got so many calls about non existent reservations, etc. which is the last thing you want to be doing on the night before your wedding. Check out - no one helped me and made sure I got everything from the night before. My husband and I had to drive back over an hour and a half round trip to come back for our wedding cake that no one brought out for me from the fridge. Someone should have been there Friday when we were checking in and on Sunday as we were checking out specifically dedicated to the wedding when there are that many people. (I'm pretty sure we were one of the largest weddings they've ever had) - the woman also rudely told me I couldn't come into the back room to get all of the wedding stuff on Sunday morning even though A. all of my stuff was back there and B. I had already been back there with Caitlyn multiple times - the pub was not prepared for the brunch crowd on Sunday at all and were rude, flustered, and took forever. I told them we were having a farewell brunch in the pub and they were obviously not prepared. My dad (who footed the bill for the whole wedding) had to wait 15 minutes just to get a coffee...a lot of people actually left our brunch to go eat somewhere else because it took so long for people to come up to them and we wanted all of our friends together so we could say our goodbyes. - cleaners didn't clean up all the drinks out of the bridal suite in between getting ready and the end of the night even though my wedding planner was in the room and specifically asked them to before they left - After Caitlyn left for the night the banquet manager was no where to be found so there wasn't anyone really to help us. My wedding planner had to keep asking people to go get him and he wasn't very helpful or communicative. They weren't very careful with packing up our items at the end of the night and just threw my bouquet in a box where it was ruined. - The AC was basically non existent, we were all so sweaty (again which makes me believe they don't typically have weddings that big) - Mimosas when we were getting ready - we had to keep calling and looking for them, It would have been awesome if they were there the whole time. - We had to rent or buy a lot of stuff for the wedding, having to pay to upgrade everything they offer even in the most inclusive package was frustrating and got very expensive. I think the hotel should invest in some of that or spell out all of the charges that you will likely opt for in the beginning. Overall, I still would have chosen this hotel for my wedding and it was an incredibly beautiful day. I gave this feedback to Caitlyn as well, but I know as a bride that read every single review, if I had known about these issues before I would have made sure it didn't happen, so hope this helps someone else!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

We based our August 2016 wedding weekend out of Salem, blocking guest rooms at Salem Waterfront and hosting brunch there too. We were very happy with the experience as were our guests. The Waterfront staff were wonderful for both the lodging and brunch. Out of town guests... Read More were very impressed. Caitlyn is kind, professional, and excellent to work with.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Catherine D

We based my daughter's wedding weekend out of the Salem Waterfront Hotel and everything worked out beautifully. Caitlyn was terrific to work with. The wedding itself was held elsewhere but we had an amazing brunch the next day which was delicious and relaxing. Great time all... Read More around and everyone was very professional and friendly !

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kimberly M

Wonderful Experience! I had my wedding rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and a block of rooms for my wedding which was at Misselwood. Caitlyn and her team were amazing to work with! They were very accommodating and were great with providing details leading up to the events. During... Read More the rehearsal and dinner they were so generous and nice and made it an absolutely fantastic experience.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Peter J

The hotel did a fabulous job with the set up for our wedding reception. They always made sure we had everything we needed and they made us feel very comfortable. Caitlyn Ward was our coordinator and did a fantastic job, even to the point of wiping the cake frosting off of my... Read More shoe when it fell during our cake cutting! We had a great experience at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and recommend it for anyone looking for their dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Amanda F

We got married at the hotel in January of 2016. Caitlyn Ward the event coordinator was amazing! She and her staff were excellent, all our guests loved the rooms, the food and overall experience at the hotel. Dan and I would recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel to anyone... Read More looking to host an event. Planning a wedding takes a lot of time and can be stressful, but Caitlyn made it so easy. Thank you everyone for making our wedding so special and fun! Amanda and Dan Face

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Lisa S

On July 30, 2016, my husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront hotel. We would highly recommend it! From beginning to end, the staff made us feel incredibly welcome and well taken care of. In a time of crisis, they responded with panache and care. Here's what happened.... Read More My then fiance and I were planning our rehearsal dinner elsewhere. At 9:00 on the night before the rehearsal, our venue fell through. I immediately reached out to Caitlyn, our coordinator, who reached out to the chef and other necessary folks, told us not to worry, and scheduled time with us the following morning. Over breakfast, we made decisions about food, beverages, etc. And that night we had a wonderful rehearsal dinner that people raved about. That was the beginning of a beautiful weekend with our friends and families. The food was great (way better than catered food should be!) We made lots of unusual requests throughout the process, even on the morning and afternoon of the wedding, that were accommodated every time with a smile. For example, we decided that we wanted our friends and family who stayed at the hotel with us through the event to be able to have drinks on us any time prior to the wedding in the hotel bar. We devised a plan to give out rubber bracelets that the hotel staff knew entitled those guests to charge beverages to our central bill. I know that must have been a pain for them, but they did it as if it was no big deal. Salem Waterfront also recommended vendors that we immediately connected with and delivered exceptional quality results. From the cake bakery (D'Amicis in Lynn), Rouge Cosmetics in Salem, Sound City DJ and photographer and the balloon people (Balloonatics in Saugus) we could not have been more pleased with the overall outcomes. Caitlyn and the rest of the staff have made us feel so at home that we have stayed there many times before and after the wedding. The facilities are beautiful and convenient and the service is exceptional. And our guests were impressed, even my mom :)

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Holly H

We had a room block at the Salem Waterfront Hotel for my wedding in June 2016. From the very beginning, we knew we were in good hands with Robyn and Caitlyn - who answered all of our questions quickly and helped us not only reserve the room block but also helped us plan the best... Read More rehearsal dinner and post-wedding brunch! The guests loved the ease of making reservations - the suite we had was perfect for getting ready in (and for pictures!!) - and both events that we held there went off without a hitch. It was fun going down to the Regatta Pub to meet our family and friends too. I 100% recommend having your wedding party and guests stay here and hosting one of your events at the hotel.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Caitlyn Ward was the coordinator for our daughter’s wedding accommodations at Salem Waterfront Hotel. She was nothing short of outstanding. We had a multi-day event including accommodations for local and international travelers, evening ‘meeting and greets”, Sunday Brunch and... Read More an off sight ceremony. Her attention to detail and experience allowed us adjust to every possible challenge. Her knowledge of local vendors and services provided unlimited resources for us to care for the guests. Caitlyn is the consummate professional and was a trusted partner in a very special day for our daughter. I highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel for all of your wedding and event needs.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Emma F

I had my wedding here in May and everything was amazing. Caitlyn Ward was my coordinator and she made sure everything went exactly as planned. My husband is in the military and we had to reschedule the wedding due to a deployment and Caitlyn worked with me on changing all of the... Read More vendors to a new date and replanning the entire wedding. As for the actual day of the wedding I couldn't be happier. Caitlyn ensured everything ran smoothly and I wasn't stressed about anything. Also the food is to die for. We had filet mignon and chicken saltimbocca with clam chowder and caesar salad. Our guests raved about the filet mignon and clam chowder. The venue has a great location because it's walking distance from many attractions in Salem. Many out of town guests came and stayed for the weekend to explore the town.

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Cherish S

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect in planning a wedding, and three days after our wonderful day, I can not express enough thanks for the staff and venue at the Salem Waterfront Hotel. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all on site, as well as about 52 rooms... Read More for our guests over the weekend. The staff was wonderful and very diligent about making sure all of our wishes were taken care of. Caitlyn Ward is hands down one of the most personable, organized day of coordinators. She took care of every detail, and the details we didn't care about, she simply gave us hints of what she would do. She was amazing. Caitlyn worked with us for an entire year, and never made us feel as if we were asking too much. Our guests all commented on the food, especially the clam chowdar and the spring rolls from the reception. Kevin, our fun and fantastic bartender, took care of us not only at the Regatta Pub, but also worked our reception. The only time there was a line at the bar was during the first 15 minutes of cocktail hour, and we had some heavy drinkers at our wedding. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant and willing to help with restaurant recommendations and other sites of Salem since about 90% of our guests were from out of town. Caitlyn, Kevin, and the rest of the staff at Salem Waterfront Hotel made my husband and I feel like we were the most important people. They always remembered us through the year of planning and did everything they could to make sure our day was magical. When we were leaving on Sunday morning, Caitlyn came out to see us off, and Tim (my husband) gave her a hug and told her we were going to miss her. I reiterated that sentiment and asked if we could still come up and hang out with her. She told us anytime. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for a great full service venue on the North Shore. Its walking distance to a ton of great sites, shopping and restaurants, but most of all they will make you feel like royalty for your big day. Amazing job Caitlyn and Company.

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Mattie S

We got married at Willowdale Estate (Topsfield MA) and used Salem Waterfront for our entire wedding party, and for getting ready at. Not only did they accommodate us through the entire planning process (which included several frustrating guestroom changes, adjusted events, and... Read More planning hiccups from our end) they personally took care of every issue with patience and professional kindness - that we so appreciated during the stress of wedding planning. The night before our wedding they had placed me (the bride) in a room I was unhappy with and within 5 minutes they had me moved to a beautiful suite, with all the amenities I could have possibly wanted the morning of my wedding. Caitlyn and Ryan were both wonderful to work with, and we can't thank them enough for giving our guests a fabulous place to stay and being flexible/helpful/responsive during our planning process.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Anna K

The staff at the Salem Waterfront Hotel helped make our November 2015 wedding amazing!!! We worked with Caitlyn and she was excellent!! She was very attentive to our many questions, she offered great ideas, and was wonderful to work with during the planning! On the day before... Read More and the day of the wedding, she was extremely helpful and took care of everything for us! My mother and I designed and brought in most of our decorations and centerpieces, and Caitlyn and the rest of the staff were meticulous in setting everything up exactly the way we had imagined! The waitstaff at the hotel were also excellent - very professional and kind. The food was delicious - our guests talked about it long after the wedding was over! The front desk staff was helpful and our guests enjoyed having a room block at the hotel. We also had a brunch the next morning at the hotel, and the great service continued there too! We are beyond happy with how everything turned out for our wedding reception!! We highly recommend the Salem Waterfront Hotel as an excellent wedding reception venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Stefanie S

We were married in Topsfield but had many out of town guests - we loved Salem for our central location & the Waterfront Hotel was perfect! The rooms were updated, clean and had reasonable rates for peak season. The Bridal suite was perfect size for 8 bridesmaids, MOB & myself to... Read More get ready in - I had a hair team of 4 stylists and 2 make up artists. We hosted Welcome Drinks at the Regatta Pub (the outdoor patio was perfect for an August night), the grooms party had breakfast & watched English Premier League soccer there on the morning of the wedding. We also used the hotel for Sunday brunch which was perfect. Would highly recommend for your wedding guests to stay & other wedding weekend options!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Katie B

My husband and I had our wedding here this past April, and I can honestly say it was the best choice I made. Everything was so perfect. Beautiful location. Perfect for pictures. Robyn and her team are amazing! She coordinated everything so beautifully. So much more than I could... Read More even imagine. The food is outstanding. Everything was cooked to perfection. I was so happy on how everything turned out. The cocktail hour is unbelievable it is set up so nicely and lots of space. It was the happiest day of my life and I am so happy with my choice. I would highly recommended The Salem Water Front Hotel and Marina for a wedding. They make everything so perfect for such a special day!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Hannah L

We reserved a wedding room block at the Salem Waterfront Hotel, plus we hosted a brunch the morning after the wedding at the hotel. We had a very positive experience working with Salem Waterfront. Caitlyn Ward was extremely friendly, professional, and helpful with the planning... Read More and logistics. Guests really enjoyed their stay at the hotel. The hotel has a nice, sunny, welcoming feel to it and it’s very conveniently located to all that Salem and the North Shore have to offer. The brunch was in the Compass Room, and it was the perfect way to send off our guests after the wedding. I would recommend Salem Waterfront to anyone looking for rooms for their guests in the Salem area.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Tiffany O

On August 1, 2015 my husband and I got married at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and it was with out a doubt the best day of our lives. We definitely give a lot of credit to the hotel staff and event coordinator, Robyn, for making it more special than we could have every imagined.... Read More Everyone was so friendly, helpful and accommodating from the very beginning stages of the planning. Not only is the staff extraordinary, but the location is and scenery is absolutely stunning. The marina and warf are so picturesque and truly unique in such a gorgeous way. Also, there is so much to do in Salem, that not only is the location beautiful, it is also very convenient and fun! We have had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I HIGHLY recommend hosting your wedding day at the Salem Waterfront Hotel!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Lindsay R

We got married here a little over a month ago--our wedding was amazing and unforgettable! Caitlyn was so amazing to work with I miss hearing form her already! She made the day and everything leading up to it completely seamless. I honestly have no idea what we would have done... Read More without her! The staff was wonderful at the reception and everything was very clean. Our rooms were great although we didn't spend much time in them. Everyone here worked so hard to make our wedding day amazing and they succeeded :) Can't thank you enough!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015

December 2014 we had a double wedding for my daughter and my husband's niece! It was a great night and a great location at the Waterfront Hotel! Robyn offered suggestions to make the day special and handled all the requests I made with such professionalism! The night sparkled... Read More and so many guests remind me of how fun they had! The wait staff set up and take down were tremendous ! The set up folks were so terrific and talented in getting it all done! The lobby was great for photos as was the pool area! We had an incredibly spectacular event and would definitely return for another special occasion!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

I recently had a winter wonderland wedding at Salem Waterfront back in December, my mother and I worked closely with Robyn to create the wedding of my dreams! Robyn had fantastic ideas, and the hotel lobby had been decorated beautifully which made the pictures one of a kind!... Read More Everything couldn't have been any better!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Guy M

Our wedding on June 6, 2015 went super smoothly with Robyn leading the charge! It truly was the best time and was way more than I ever expected or hoped for. The venue was beautiful and the outside location for the ceremony really was the icing on the cake. Robyn suggested some... Read More great vendors as well and I found it very helpful that they knew the venue and the staff very well so everything went flawlessly. If we were to go back there is nothing we would change about the food or the location!