Every Picture Tells a Story

At Sara Zarrella Photography we are award winning, nationally published Photo Novelists, telling a story in every picture. A Photo Novelist is a fusion of techniques practiced in photojournalism along with fashion photography in order to create a story of your customized, irresistible imagery. When photographing, we master light in any situation. We know how to read light and if it's not correct, we will manipulate the light to enhance your photographs. We would be honored to be such an important part of your life’s story.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

4 Gerald's Farm Drive, Exeter, RI Rhode Island/Boston surrounding areas (401) 398-2922
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Sarah B

Hiring Sara was the best decision we ever made for our wedding. After knowing Sara and working with her for years, I will still blown away with how amazing she was. at 8.5 months pregnant shooting my wedding. Her assistant Dan and husband Steve were also truly the best team! We... Read More are so thankful for them and had the best time with them on our wedding day. Her photos are absolutely amazing, and worth every cent. You also can not have a better photographer who will get the job done and get the photos done quick the day of the wedding so you can enjoy yourself. She truly is the best photographer in the industry and you will not regret hiring her when you get to look at beautiful wedding photos the rest of your life. thank you Sara and team! Love, Sarah and Dan 6/17/17

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Lauren K

Sara is the absolute BEST! From the first meeting, to well after our wedding, she was very attentive and made us feel like the only couple getting married. The energy you get from her when you first meet with her is the energy she brings to your wedding day. I felt like I had... Read More my good girlfriend shooting my wedding! I also felt like I never had any questions for her because she lays everything out for you. With a packet of information when we first signed with her, emails with step by step directions and timelines, Sara definitely knows how planning weddings go! And when I did have my crazy moments, Sara was quick with her response time. Her images are just stunning to say the least! She had a way of just making us feel so comfortable and confident , especially my husband who hates getting his pictures taken. Between her and her second shooter Dan, our wedding day was covered beyond my expectations, capturing moments I never saw. We used her Photo Lounge too, which is much prettier than the other photobooths you see out there. She did a custom backdrop for us too, and our guests could not get enough of it! Sara also does boudoir photo shoots too, which I was apprehensive to do before our wedding. But figured it would be a great first anniversary present for my husband, and those images are amazing too! I know that I have found my photographer for life, looking forward to doing my maternity pictures and future family photos with her. You will not be disappointed with Sara and her team!

Simply the Best!!! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Donna B

From the moment you meet Sara in her beautiful studio, thru the day of your wedding, she is just as excited as you about your wedding day as you. We had seen Sara’s work in both wedding photos , portraits and Christmas Cards, which were all outstanding- but what makes the... Read More package is Sara. Her planning and ideas for our engagement photos were outstanding, but when you receive in the proofs, you get blown away by her work. Sara attended our rehearsal party, which meant a lot to us and took numerous shots, but what was great about it, she does it without you even realizing she is there! The day of the wedding, her excitement boils over, she shows up prepared, energized and just plain fun. We cannot wait to receive our proofs, but without a doubt, we know they will be outstanding! Sara is the perfect choice for any bride!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Beth P

My husband and I got married on September 3rd, 2017 and chose Sara Zarrella as our photographer. From the moment we met Sara we knew we were in good hands. She walked us through all the different wedding photography packages, and really put an emphasis on understanding the style... Read More we were looking for in our wedding photos. An engagement photo session was included as part of our wedding package. I was going back and forth on which location I wanted to shoot at, and Sara was quick to jump on a call with me and talk through my dilemma. We ended up shooting our engagement photos on Sara’s family farm, which is stunning. My husband and I didn’t know what to expect and feel quite awkward in front of the camera, but Sara made us feel so comfortable and we ended up having a great time. She even put up with our poorly behaved golden retriever who was running wild, and managed to get some great photos of the dog with us 😊. Sara also helped us order our Save the Dates using a few photos from the session, and we loved them! We had a final details call with Sara before the wedding, where we went over all the shots we wanted, and walked through the photography/wedding schedule. Again, Sara was so easy to work with and really knew her stuff. She is also super flexible. The day of the wedding everything could not have gone any smoother. Before the wedding, Sara came to the hotel to photographer myself and my bridesmaids getting ready, while her assistant Dan went to the church to photograph the groomsmen. After the wedding ceremony we went to the venue to take the formal group photos. It was raining that day, which was stressful. But Sara reassured us our photos would be great. She was tracking the rain on her phone and ensured us it was going to stop—which it did! Both Sara and Dan were very organized through the formal photos and kept everything moving in the most efficient way (so we wouldn’t get rained on!). They were really amazing to work with and captured every part of our wedding. I highly recommend choosing Sara Zarrella as your wedding photographer—you will not regret it! She is so personable, likable and extremely easy to work with. She really just wants to capture every part of your big day.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Sarah F

Look no further- hiring Sara is the best decision you can make for your wedding! Sara is so easy to work with and very helpful when it comes to planing your day of timeline. Plus her photos are AMAZING! She did our engagement photos and we absolutely love how they came out! Sara... Read More makes it so easy to be in front of the camera. On our wedding day we had Sara and Dan, and they were both so great to work with. So far we have seen a preview of photos from our day and we cannot wait to see the rest because with Sara, you know they are coming out amazing! We also used the photo-booth from Sara and it was such a hit! All our guests loved their photos, and my husband and i got a scrapbook full of the photos to take home at the end of the night. We can’t say enough good things about Sara Zarrella Photography!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Daniel G

So creative ! So professional!! Love her ! Love our images !! Best photographer ever!! Love you Sara! Xo

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jamie K

Book her! She is worth every penny spent. She organized my wedding party, made my girls all feel included, coordinated with my vendors. Answered questions and returned emails quickly. Thought of things I didn't even consider until talking with her. Cleaned my dress when I poured... Read More red wine on it, arrived early, stayed late, stayed on schedule. She was more then I could of asked for. And did I mention she also takes amazing photos!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Tracey C

Sara Zarrella Photography is more than 5 stars!! From the moment we met with her we knew she was the perfect fit to our wedding day. After meeting with her, my now husband looked at each other and said this decision is a no brainer and we called her as soon as we got home and... Read More told her we wanted her!!! As happy as we were she was even more excited. She became more of a photographer answering any and all other related wedding questions for us. My husband and I don't like taking pictures but when we did our engagement photo session it came so easy for us as Sara’s personality brings the best out in you. We had a great time and couldn't wait for our wedding day. Wedding day came and I couldn't of asked for a better vendor to be by my side throughout my day. She's incredible helping out in any way she can to make sure things run smoothly while doing her job. When we received our pictures we were in tears reliving our day all over again. ALL our pictures are gorgeous we LOVE them all. Not sure how to pick our favorites as they are all exceptional. They look like photos out of a bridal magazine. Sara was a pleasure to work with and she is the best around!!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017

We hired their photo booth .... it was perfect ! It looked classy in the mansion and our guest loved it. We have seen many booths but Sara’s was dufferent, well put together and looked very nice. Not to mention it was a perfect favor to our guest. Thank you sara !$

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Devon K

The best thing we did for our wedding. Not only was sara creative but Fun/professional and the photos are absolutely breath taking!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

I can't even begin to describe how incredible Sara was throughout this whole process. From the minute we met her, we knew she was going to be our photographer! Our engagement session was so fun and she was so easy to work with and the photos were AMAZING! she is quick to answer... Read More all of our questions and we don’t have to worry about a thing. Looking forward to working with her all of our future photography needs!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Katie C

We met with Sara and Dan after meeting and talking to a handful of photographers. We knew right after meeting with them that they would be our photographers. We got married at Rosecliff in Newport And not only did they know all the great spots in Newport where to go but also... Read More the customer service was perfect throughout our wedding planning process. Our Storybook album is a eye catcher on Our living room coffee table and sums up our wedding day perfectly. Worth every penny and I can’t wait for Sara to Photograph our little one on the way!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Jamie H

My husband and I were so thrilled we chose Sara Zarrella Photography to photograph our wedding! She came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Being a bride was a little overwhelming for me and Sara not only provided amazing photography service, she helped us throughout the... Read More whole process with her amazing knowledge of local vendors, her years of experience in the industry, by providing a timeline and schedule that helped organize the Big Day and with her cheerful and upbeat personality from start to finish. It was so nice having full confidence in Sara and her team, we didn't worry at all when it come to the wedding day. We also purchased her Photo Booth Lounge which was so beautiful, nothing like any other photo booth I had seen at friends' weddings. We were so happy we incorporated it into our Reception. And getting our photos back felt more magical than Christmas - we felt so beautiful and now have a perfect way to look back on the best day of our lives! Thank you Sara for all your hard work and for sharing your talent with us!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Jessica S

Sara Zarrella Photography is by far the best photographer we met with when we researched vendors for our wedding and were fortunate enough to book her for our big day. This was an important part of the wedding for us so we booked early and found her style, warmth, attentiveness... Read More & professionalism exceptional. We loved our engagement photos and were blown away with our wedding proofs, the album took our break away. She will answer any and all of your questions, make sure what you would like is covered and capture one of the most important days of your life in an extraordinary way, her unique artistic style and storytelling is one of a kind and were so happy with our experience! Her team was exceptional and really enjoyed working with each of them on the big day.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Jessica Lynn G

We rented Sara Zarrella's photobooth for our September 17th wedding at the Crowne Plaza. I had been to a few local expos and tested out a many different photos booths on display - none come even close to the clarity and quality that Sara's photobooth delivers. Sara was quick to... Read More answer emails regarding pricing and contract and we didn't have to worry about setup or break down the day of. Our guests really enjoyed the photobooth and we easily extended our time during the reception. The photos we received were hysterical and it was nice being able to have some extras photos of our guests that may not have made it into all of the regular photographer's shots. All in all, the Sara Zarrella's photobooth was a happy addition to our wedding fun.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hillary G

Sara Zarrella Photography is the best photographer I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with!! Sara recently photographed my wedding and was a dream to work with. Her assistant Dan was also wonderful. Her skill as a photographer is unparalleled. She is also very easy to... Read More get in touch with, was very professional and made everything run so smoothly. She was forward thinking and worked seamlessly with other vendors. All of these attributes mean she will be our family photographer for life!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Erica B

What an amazing photographer! On the day of my wedding Sara was a joy to work with. She made everything easy and fun, which was definitely appreciated! And the photos are unbelievable. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for everything Sara!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kaitlyn E

Hiring Sara (and team!) to photograph our wedding was by far one of the best planning decisions that we made. My (now) husband and I shared quite a bit of the planning responsibilities, but I was the one who tackled finding and hiring our photographer. I chose Sara above... Read More others for a few reasons: 1) She came HIGHLY recommended from an old friend, 2) As someone who loves photography myself, I adored her photos and the emotion she consistently seems to capture, 3) I spoke with her briefly on the phone before signing a contract with her and loved her fun yet professional personality. My husband and I met with Sara about two weeks before our wedding to go over ALL the details of the wedding day. I left this meeting without a doubt in my mind that Sara knew exactly what she was doing (and more) with regards to photographing a wedding. When we left this meeting, my husband immediately turned to me and said, "I definitely need to thank you for finding such an amazing vendor" (he does not hand out these compliments lightly :) ). On our wedding day, Sara and Dan (her second shooter) arrived on time and were ready to get to work! I loved spending time with Sara before all the craziness began. She was extremely professional and very systematic about her work, but was also very friendly and my bridesmaids, mom, and myself really enjoyed getting to know her. We received our photos much sooner than I had anticipated, and I am in LOVE with them! Sara did such an amazing job capturing our day. We've received numerous compliments from our friends and family on how gorgeous our photos turned out. THANK YOU, Sara and team, for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Lauren G

Sara is absolutely amazing!! She is the epitome of what a photographer/artist should be, and operates her business with the utmost level of professionalism. I met Sara at the Block Island wedding expo and her shining personality immediately stood out from the rest. It was... Read More "love at first site" and I told my (then) fiancé, there was simply no way we could have anyone else photograph our wedding! Throughout our two year engagement, she was right there with me through every step of the planning process, with open lines of communication, offering quick answers to all of my hundreds of questions via phone and email, even offering me advice on things that were totally unrelated to photography! Sara went so far beyond what she was "hired to do" and ensured every part of the day was captured smoothly and perfectly! There is literally nothing we could have asked more of Sara and her team, they handled all aspects of our wedding day like the pros that they are, and surpassed our furthest expectations without us having to ask! There was never a moment when we had to look around to find our photographer to catch a moment.... they were there, and they already caught it! (Without us feeling their presence, or even us knowing, in an extremely unobtrusive way!) Now unto her actual work... well that speaks for itself. She is an amazing artist with an incredible eye for creativity. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos has been so blown away, and we constantly hear how "artistic and beautiful" the photos are, that they "look like they belong in a wedding magazine," and how we look "so natural and relaxed." No awkward poses, just our day being captured from beginning to end without missing a beat! Sara was easy to work with and FUN, so nothing looked weird or forced. She listened to our ideas, and was even willing to climb out on rocks and cliffs to capture the images we wanted! There was not a single photo that I wanted that we didn't get.... she made it all happen and we couldn't be more thankful! The quality of the final prints and storybook album are just absolutely beautiful. I know some people opt to make their own albums (and I am a HUGE DIY-girl myself!) but I can tell you the final product she created for us was worth every single penny! On that note, I appreciated how clear she was in her prices and contracts; from hire date to receipt of our final prints/USB and delivery of our album, there were exactly ZERO surprises. She was extremely transparent about all costs, including travel, parking, (all those little things that have a way of adding up!) right from the beginning, and as a couple on a tight budget, this was very important to us! I cannot say enough positive things about my experience in working with Sara. I am so thrilled with our decision to hire Sara Zarrella Photography to capture our wedding day and think every bride should be so lucky to have a photographer as wonderful as her! I would recommend her to anyone with confidence and excitement, because she is simply, THE BEST!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Amanda D

After we booked Sara Zarrella Photography, our wedding coordinator actually said to us, "Congratulations on booking Sara." Her reputation is that good for a reason! So there is not much that I can say about Sara that hasn't already been said... She is the absolute BEST, and if... Read More you are considering hiring her, you should stop debating and book her now! Sara and her assistant, Dan, were simply sensational. From my first conversation with Sara, I knew she totally "got" my vision, and was creative enough to make it come to life. Not to mention that she is so easygoing and awesome to work with, as well as polite and approachable to all of our wedding guests. On the day of the wedding, Sara was punctual and efficient. My husband and I did a "first look," which was so awesome to get all of our photos and the family photos done in advance. Then at the reception, her and her assistant took photos of EVERY SINGLE COUPLE at our wedding! I was blown away. The storybooks are a completely worthy investment, and some of the most gorgeous books I have ever seen. I couldn't be happier with Sara. From start to finish, she was just wonderful. I can't wait to do a newborn photography shot with her when my husband and I have a baby. BOOK HER NOW!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Jenna L

I believe photos are the most important detail when planning a wedding. When all is said and done, the photos are what keep the memories alive! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice of Sara Zarrella photography. The quality and creativity of our photos are... Read More truly incredible. It's amazing how they capture all the fun and happiness of the night. Sara was extremely easy to work, organized and outgoing. She made us all feel very comfortable and worked very efficiently to get everyone to the cocktail hour portion of the wedding. Thank you so much Sara!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Michaela S

SIMPLY THE BEST! Sara was a dream to work with. Not only does she have a beautiful and artistic eye, but her attention to detail, efficiency and personality makes the day flow with ease. Every photo she captured was spectacular, it was hard to pick our favorites. I would tell... Read More every Bride/Groom in the area to pick Sara!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Allison B

I used Sara for my wedding in November and I am amazed at her work! From the beginning she really helped me with the prep and timeline, gave suggestions on everything and made the whole process so easy, which is needed when planning a wedding! The photos she took for us were... Read More absolutely breathtaking! All of our guest were complimenting her work after the wedding and love the photos she took. After the wedding, Sara again made everything so easy for us. She was able to answer any questions immediately and made me feel like she put us first in everything. Sara know show to take care of her customers and really put forth 100% into their photos and project. I would highly recommend Sara to anyone looking for a photographer, you will not be disappointed at all!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

Honestly I really enjoyed working with Sara and her staff. We got her top package which included a Red Boot session and my husband was so thrilled ! We also got her photo lounge. My album or what she calls Story Book is truly a story of our entire wedding day. We highly... Read More recommend her !

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jessica A

just wanted to say thank you for doing our pictures! We were very satisfied with everything. Not only that, we really enjoyed your personality!!! I honestly wasn't looking forward to pictures because the other two weddings I was in. I thought it would be an uncomfortable and... Read More awkward thing. Really it was the opposite. You made it very comfortable and not boring ( I think we had fun). You made it a fun experience. Thank you so much!

Sara Zarrella

- I am small in stature, but big at heart - I love my mother's Thanksgiving stuffing - Orange is my color Caffeinated (a.k.a. high energy), interactive, vibrant, bold, colorful, balanced, and identifiable. I am a wife and a mother - my mission in life is not just to be great at what I do, but to bring grace, passion and excellence to the stories I create with an artful eye. I place very high importance on getting well acquainted with you as we create a photographic story you will cherish. In the process, we build a relationship that continues to the next chapters in your life.