Every Picture Tells a Story

At Sara Zarrella Photography we are award winning, nationally published Photo Novelists, telling a story in every picture. A Photo Novelist is a fusion of techniques practiced in photojournalism along with fashion photography in order to create a story of your customized, irresistible imagery. When photographing, we master light in any situation. We know how to read light and if it's not correct, we will manipulate the light to enhance your photographs. We would be honored to be such an important part of your life’s story.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

4 Gerald's Farm Drive, Exeter, RI Rhode Island/Boston surrounding areas (401) 398-2922
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Sarah B

Hiring Sara was the best decision we ever made for our wedding. After knowing Sara and working with her for years, I will still blown away with how amazing she was. at 8.5 months pregnant shooting my wedding. Her assistant Dan and husband Steve were also truly the best team! We... Read More are so thankful for them and had the best time with them on our wedding day. Her photos are absolutely amazing, and worth every cent. You also can not have a better photographer who will get the job done and get the photos done quick the day of the wedding so you can enjoy yourself. She truly is the best photographer in the industry and you will not regret hiring her when you get to look at beautiful wedding photos the rest of your life. thank you Sara and team! Love, Sarah and Dan 6/17/17

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Lauren K

Sara is the absolute BEST! From the first meeting, to well after our wedding, she was very attentive and made us feel like the only couple getting married. The energy you get from her when you first meet with her is the energy she brings to your wedding day. I felt like I had... Read More my good girlfriend shooting my wedding! I also felt like I never had any questions for her because she lays everything out for you. With a packet of information when we first signed with her, emails with step by step directions and timelines, Sara definitely knows how planning weddings go! And when I did have my crazy moments, Sara was quick with her response time. Her images are just stunning to say the least! She had a way of just making us feel so comfortable and confident , especially my husband who hates getting his pictures taken. Between her and her second shooter Dan, our wedding day was covered beyond my expectations, capturing moments I never saw. We used her Photo Lounge too, which is much prettier than the other photobooths you see out there. She did a custom backdrop for us too, and our guests could not get enough of it! Sara also does boudoir photo shoots too, which I was apprehensive to do before our wedding. But figured it would be a great first anniversary present for my husband, and those images are amazing too! I know that I have found my photographer for life, looking forward to doing my maternity pictures and future family photos with her. You will not be disappointed with Sara and her team!

Simply the Best!!! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Donna B

From the moment you meet Sara in her beautiful studio, thru the day of your wedding, she is just as excited as you about your wedding day as you. We had seen Sara’s work in both wedding photos , portraits and Christmas Cards, which were all outstanding- but what makes the... Read More package is Sara. Her planning and ideas for our engagement photos were outstanding, but when you receive in the proofs, you get blown away by her work. Sara attended our rehearsal party, which meant a lot to us and took numerous shots, but what was great about it, she does it without you even realizing she is there! The day of the wedding, her excitement boils over, she shows up prepared, energized and just plain fun. We cannot wait to receive our proofs, but without a doubt, we know they will be outstanding! Sara is the perfect choice for any bride!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Jamie H

My husband and I were so thrilled we chose Sara Zarrella Photography to photograph our wedding! She came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Being a bride was a little overwhelming for me and Sara not only provided amazing photography service, she helped us throughout the... Read More whole process with her amazing knowledge of local vendors, her years of experience in the industry, by providing a timeline and schedule that helped organize the Big Day and with her cheerful and upbeat personality from start to finish. It was so nice having full confidence in Sara and her team, we didn't worry at all when it come to the wedding day. We also purchased her Photo Booth Lounge which was so beautiful, nothing like any other photo booth I had seen at friends' weddings. We were so happy we incorporated it into our Reception. And getting our photos back felt more magical than Christmas - we felt so beautiful and now have a perfect way to look back on the best day of our lives! Thank you Sara for all your hard work and for sharing your talent with us!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Jessica S

Sara Zarrella Photography is by far the best photographer we met with when we researched vendors for our wedding and were fortunate enough to book her for our big day. This was an important part of the wedding for us so we booked early and found her style, warmth, attentiveness... Read More & professionalism exceptional. We loved our engagement photos and were blown away with our wedding proofs, the album took our break away. She will answer any and all of your questions, make sure what you would like is covered and capture one of the most important days of your life in an extraordinary way, her unique artistic style and storytelling is one of a kind and were so happy with our experience! Her team was exceptional and really enjoyed working with each of them on the big day.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Jessica Lynn G

We rented Sara Zarrella's photobooth for our September 17th wedding at the Crowne Plaza. I had been to a few local expos and tested out a many different photos booths on display - none come even close to the clarity and quality that Sara's photobooth delivers. Sara was quick to... Read More answer emails regarding pricing and contract and we didn't have to worry about setup or break down the day of. Our guests really enjoyed the photobooth and we easily extended our time during the reception. The photos we received were hysterical and it was nice being able to have some extras photos of our guests that may not have made it into all of the regular photographer's shots. All in all, the Sara Zarrella's photobooth was a happy addition to our wedding fun.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hillary G

Sara Zarrella Photography is the best photographer I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with!! Sara recently photographed my wedding and was a dream to work with. Her assistant Dan was also wonderful. Her skill as a photographer is unparalleled. She is also very easy to... Read More get in touch with, was very professional and made everything run so smoothly. She was forward thinking and worked seamlessly with other vendors. All of these attributes mean she will be our family photographer for life!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Erica B

What an amazing photographer! On the day of my wedding Sara was a joy to work with. She made everything easy and fun, which was definitely appreciated! And the photos are unbelievable. I couldn't be happier. Thanks for everything Sara!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kaitlyn E

Hiring Sara (and team!) to photograph our wedding was by far one of the best planning decisions that we made. My (now) husband and I shared quite a bit of the planning responsibilities, but I was the one who tackled finding and hiring our photographer. I chose Sara above... Read More others for a few reasons: 1) She came HIGHLY recommended from an old friend, 2) As someone who loves photography myself, I adored her photos and the emotion she consistently seems to capture, 3) I spoke with her briefly on the phone before signing a contract with her and loved her fun yet professional personality. My husband and I met with Sara about two weeks before our wedding to go over ALL the details of the wedding day. I left this meeting without a doubt in my mind that Sara knew exactly what she was doing (and more) with regards to photographing a wedding. When we left this meeting, my husband immediately turned to me and said, "I definitely need to thank you for finding such an amazing vendor" (he does not hand out these compliments lightly :) ). On our wedding day, Sara and Dan (her second shooter) arrived on time and were ready to get to work! I loved spending time with Sara before all the craziness began. She was extremely professional and very systematic about her work, but was also very friendly and my bridesmaids, mom, and myself really enjoyed getting to know her. We received our photos much sooner than I had anticipated, and I am in LOVE with them! Sara did such an amazing job capturing our day. We've received numerous compliments from our friends and family on how gorgeous our photos turned out. THANK YOU, Sara and team, for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Lauren G

Sara is absolutely amazing!! She is the epitome of what a photographer/artist should be, and operates her business with the utmost level of professionalism. I met Sara at the Block Island wedding expo and her shining personality immediately stood out from the rest. It was... Read More "love at first site" and I told my (then) fiancé, there was simply no way we could have anyone else photograph our wedding! Throughout our two year engagement, she was right there with me through every step of the planning process, with open lines of communication, offering quick answers to all of my hundreds of questions via phone and email, even offering me advice on things that were totally unrelated to photography! Sara went so far beyond what she was "hired to do" and ensured every part of the day was captured smoothly and perfectly! There is literally nothing we could have asked more of Sara and her team, they handled all aspects of our wedding day like the pros that they are, and surpassed our furthest expectations without us having to ask! There was never a moment when we had to look around to find our photographer to catch a moment.... they were there, and they already caught it! (Without us feeling their presence, or even us knowing, in an extremely unobtrusive way!) Now unto her actual work... well that speaks for itself. She is an amazing artist with an incredible eye for creativity. Everyone who has seen our wedding photos has been so blown away, and we constantly hear how "artistic and beautiful" the photos are, that they "look like they belong in a wedding magazine," and how we look "so natural and relaxed." No awkward poses, just our day being captured from beginning to end without missing a beat! Sara was easy to work with and FUN, so nothing looked weird or forced. She listened to our ideas, and was even willing to climb out on rocks and cliffs to capture the images we wanted! There was not a single photo that I wanted that we didn't get.... she made it all happen and we couldn't be more thankful! The quality of the final prints and storybook album are just absolutely beautiful. I know some people opt to make their own albums (and I am a HUGE DIY-girl myself!) but I can tell you the final product she created for us was worth every single penny! On that note, I appreciated how clear she was in her prices and contracts; from hire date to receipt of our final prints/USB and delivery of our album, there were exactly ZERO surprises. She was extremely transparent about all costs, including travel, parking, (all those little things that have a way of adding up!) right from the beginning, and as a couple on a tight budget, this was very important to us! I cannot say enough positive things about my experience in working with Sara. I am so thrilled with our decision to hire Sara Zarrella Photography to capture our wedding day and think every bride should be so lucky to have a photographer as wonderful as her! I would recommend her to anyone with confidence and excitement, because she is simply, THE BEST!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Amanda D

After we booked Sara Zarrella Photography, our wedding coordinator actually said to us, "Congratulations on booking Sara." Her reputation is that good for a reason! So there is not much that I can say about Sara that hasn't already been said... She is the absolute BEST, and if... Read More you are considering hiring her, you should stop debating and book her now! Sara and her assistant, Dan, were simply sensational. From my first conversation with Sara, I knew she totally "got" my vision, and was creative enough to make it come to life. Not to mention that she is so easygoing and awesome to work with, as well as polite and approachable to all of our wedding guests. On the day of the wedding, Sara was punctual and efficient. My husband and I did a "first look," which was so awesome to get all of our photos and the family photos done in advance. Then at the reception, her and her assistant took photos of EVERY SINGLE COUPLE at our wedding! I was blown away. The storybooks are a completely worthy investment, and some of the most gorgeous books I have ever seen. I couldn't be happier with Sara. From start to finish, she was just wonderful. I can't wait to do a newborn photography shot with her when my husband and I have a baby. BOOK HER NOW!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Jenna L

I believe photos are the most important detail when planning a wedding. When all is said and done, the photos are what keep the memories alive! My husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice of Sara Zarrella photography. The quality and creativity of our photos are... Read More truly incredible. It's amazing how they capture all the fun and happiness of the night. Sara was extremely easy to work, organized and outgoing. She made us all feel very comfortable and worked very efficiently to get everyone to the cocktail hour portion of the wedding. Thank you so much Sara!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Michaela S

SIMPLY THE BEST! Sara was a dream to work with. Not only does she have a beautiful and artistic eye, but her attention to detail, efficiency and personality makes the day flow with ease. Every photo she captured was spectacular, it was hard to pick our favorites. I would tell... Read More every Bride/Groom in the area to pick Sara!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Allison B

I used Sara for my wedding in November and I am amazed at her work! From the beginning she really helped me with the prep and timeline, gave suggestions on everything and made the whole process so easy, which is needed when planning a wedding! The photos she took for us were... Read More absolutely breathtaking! All of our guest were complimenting her work after the wedding and love the photos she took. After the wedding, Sara again made everything so easy for us. She was able to answer any questions immediately and made me feel like she put us first in everything. Sara know show to take care of her customers and really put forth 100% into their photos and project. I would highly recommend Sara to anyone looking for a photographer, you will not be disappointed at all!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

Honestly I really enjoyed working with Sara and her staff. We got her top package which included a Red Boot session and my husband was so thrilled ! We also got her photo lounge. My album or what she calls Story Book is truly a story of our entire wedding day. We highly... Read More recommend her !

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Jessica A

just wanted to say thank you for doing our pictures! We were very satisfied with everything. Not only that, we really enjoyed your personality!!! I honestly wasn't looking forward to pictures because the other two weddings I was in. I thought it would be an uncomfortable and... Read More awkward thing. Really it was the opposite. You made it very comfortable and not boring ( I think we had fun). You made it a fun experience. Thank you so much!

Sara is AMAZING! Best Photographer in the Area!

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Kellie D

My husband and I used Sara Zarrella photography for our wedding recently and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! Sara was great to work with from beginning to end. She was extremely responsive to any questions we had and we were in frequent contact throughout the... Read More planning process. She always kept us informed of what the next step would be which was so helpful. Our engagement session was so much fun and the pictures came out beautifully! On the day of our wedding, she interacted with our wedding party so well and during the wedding, captured some great shots, without being completely in everyone's face! She had such creative ideas for our engagement and wedding pictures which we loved and we felt very comfortable working with her. I will be a customer of hers for life!

Photog for Life!

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Sheryl B

Sara and Lauren were absolutely wonderful. They paid attention to every last detail and documented every aspect of our engagement and wedding day. Sara made it a priority to get to know us so she could capture the heart of our personalities in each picture. I would highly... Read More recommend Sara Zarrella Photography to anyone that is passionate about having high end over the top photos of their special day!

Um, Sara rocks.

Reviewed on 3/15/2012 Heather B

We interviewed 3 photographers, Sara was the third and we knew walking out of her studio we were hiring her. She's so perfectly energetic yet professional and clearly knows her stuff. Her studio is gorgeous. Makes for a great day trip, we're from Boston so East Greenwich is... Read More easily 45 minutes to an hour but it is such a cute beach town that it was nice to make a day out of it. We had Sara booked for an engagement session and a photo LOUNGE. Let me just tell you, that photo lounge is amazing. A couple that came to our wedding in Nov loved it so much they booked a photobooth for their wedding in March and were upset that the booth fit 2 people comfortably where as the lounge fit a dozen. With props. Seriously. The pictures are hysterical and the guests enjoyed themselves so much they won't shut up about it!! Sara was pretty funny too, got all excited when we booked the lounge, said the pix from the lounge are so much fun to edit, I can only imagine! The engagement session we left to Sara's professional judgement and the pix came out so great that we ordered 8x10s for all the parent gifts, a few for our house and made our guest book from the proofs. We just finalized our wedding album so are waiting to see the final products but the web access to view all the pix is amazing and so easy to share. People can order their own pix directly from the site if they want. This photographer is worth every penny. Don't skimp on your photographer. The day goes by so fast, pictures are forever and allow you to remember so much of your one special day.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 6/07/2011 Sarah G

Sara is great! She's fun and so creative! Her work is awesome!!!

Creative

Reviewed on 1/20/2011 L A

We picked Sara because of her ability to be a photo novelist (as she calls it). We wanted someone who would capture the evening's moments without having too many posed pictures. Her creativity and her gregarious demeanor were important to help put us at ease.

Seriously Talented Photog

Reviewed on 1/18/2011 Gina B

One thing I never stressed about through our entire planning process was Photography. From the moment we hired Sara, we knew she had it all under control. She has a unique style and personality that meshed so well with us, she fit right in with our family! We loved her, and so... Read More did our guests. Our wedding party actually had fun doing the formals. Sara and her assistant blended perfectly into our wedding day, were never intrusive, and didn't force people to pose at every second. She was great you can completely trust her to capture your wedding day memories!

Review for Sara Zarrella Photography

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Crystal H

her diffrent style

Sara Zarrella

- I am small in stature, but big at heart - I love my mother's Thanksgiving stuffing - Orange is my color Caffeinated (a.k.a. high energy), interactive, vibrant, bold, colorful, balanced, and identifiable. I am a wife and a mother - my mission in life is not just to be great at what I do, but to bring grace, passion and excellence to the stories I create with an artful eye. I place very high importance on getting well acquainted with you as we create a photographic story you will cherish. In the process, we build a relationship that continues to the next chapters in your life.