Sarasota Catering Company

Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

Fabulous Food - Service with Style

Allow us to take the stress out of your Wedding! We can provide food, liquor, cake, staff, and rentals for your entire day, plus Day of Coordination if needed. We realize this may be your first time hiring a caterer and planning a wedding and are happy to “hold your hand” or stand back and assist.

$$

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

Bow2010

6544 Superior Ave, Sarasota, FL
Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

Attention all Florida destination brides!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

I worked with Cari from Sarasota Catering Co. Cari was incredibly responsive since the moment I emailed her. SCC organizes everything from food to rentals, and we needed both services. We decided to do a destination wedding and use a rental home as our reception site. Because of this, we were unable to see the property until two days before the wedding. We had only seen photos and had driven by the house once. We were unable to measure the courtyard space until literally two days prior to the ceremony. I can understand how this situation would make pretty much anyone nervous, but luckily for us, it worked out perfectly. I called Cari the moment I got to the house and updated our rental needs based on what was there. She was super helpful and calm. The food was delicious. Everyone at the wedding thought the food was superb. One of our guests was a gluten-free vegan, and SCC made a meal for her in advance to accommodate her dietary restrictions. I would highly recommend this company based on their responsiveness, customer service, and quality of food. The caterers at the event were wonderful - they made sure to take care of myself and my husband. While I didn't have the chance to talk to them much, they certainly made a strong effort to take care of us. I'm so glad that I went with SCC. Knowing very little about the Florida west coast wedding scene, I can see why SCC is consistently well rated. Cari and her team are the best.

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

My husband and I worked with Sashi from Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. The service we received was amazing! Sashi always got back to us very quickly and was very friendly. She helped me pick the rentals that we would need and that would fit our theme for the wedding. The service was great and so was the food! We absolutely loved the food!! It's been a week since the wedding and we are still getting comments about the food and awesome service that was provided by the staff.

Allison Whitten- Sarasota Catering Company, EXCEPTIONAL!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was absolutely AMAZING!! My husband and I had a destination wedding in Siesta Key, FL and Allison from Sarasota Catering helped us coordinate EVERYTHING. From the menu selections to the tent rental, they will help piece together your special day. This really eliminated the back and forth with multiple vendors, relieving some of the stress of planning a wedding from afar. Allison is very professional, knowledgeable and was so extremely patient with us throughout the whole process. She helped guide decisions based on our vision and had great recommendations to round out the wedding vendors needed. Allison is incredible, she was there for the duration to ensure that our wedding went off without a hitch. She nailed every detail and I wish everyone reading this could actually comprehend the effort she put into making our wedding day perfect. The food was exquisite, everyone was very impressed with the quality of the dishes served at our beachside reception. They had an amazing service team that went above and beyond to fulfill our every need. Our wedding guests are still talking about the food and quality of the event delivered. Thank you Allison and Sarasota Catering Company for being apart of our wedding. Allison will always have a special place in our heart, we could not have asked for anything more.

Everything Was Perfection!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Sarasota Catering did an incredible job for our wedding. From the planning with Allison, right through to the execution, everything went like clockwork. They seamlessly made the transfer from champagne and hors d’oeuvres on the dock for the ceremony to the house for the reception and buffet. Not only was everyone on the team totally professional, but also very good to work with. As great as the team was, the food was every bit the match for them. It was great to wake up the next morning and have the house look like nothing had happened the night before. We will definitely recommend Sarasota Catering to all our friends! Alan & Reg

Recommend to others for wedding

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

Sarasota Catering Company provided great service leading up to the wedding and the staff at my reception was top-notch. My attending family was impressed by the quality of the wait staff. Our banquet master and concierge was wonderful. Thanks!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Sommer W

Though we ultimately did not end up going with this particular company they were a great group to work with. They were wonderful communicators and accommodating when I realized that I had made a mistake. I would definitely work with them again given the opportunity. PS. Ask for adjustments on the menu. They will accommodate that as well, to make sure the food is exactly what you want for your event.

Amazing Job Done By Sarasota Catering Company

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Stephanie L

The Sarasota Catering Company provided catering services, as well as day-of-coordination, for our wedding at Selby Gardens in Sarasota, FL. Cari and Allison helped to plan every detail prior to the event and provided fabulous recommendations for our other vendors as well, including florist, lighting, cake baker, and officiant. They helped to make our day absolutely magical by handling all guest questions, organizing us to move to a different location during a brief rain shower, and making us feel like guests at our own ceremony and reception.

Wonderful !!

Reviewed on 3/19/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was such a wonderful companyto work with and they really made our wedding night perfect! I worked closely with Cari and she helped us to get all the details together to make our vision come through in everything from the floor layout to the meal itself. The servers on our day were so kind and I really felt like everyone was happy to be there and happy to celebrate with us and all the guests. They were very accommodating, and I really felt that it was well worth the cost... Speaking of the cost they are really affordable and provide much more personal service than some of the other places I interviewed before picking a caterer. I would pick them again in a heartbeat!! Thanks guys !

So delicious

Reviewed on 11/04/2014

Sarasota Catering Company did a great job. Because of the weather we had to make changes about the location, but after some uncertainties everything turned out great. The staff was very kind and professional. The food was more than delicious. All our guest were crazy about the Barbecued Chicken Breast Sandwiches . Cari was pretty forthcoming and would work with her again and again. Thank you so much for making our day special. Sandra and Patrick

Our wedding was awesome!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Amanda H

Sarasota Catering and Cari were the best. From day one they helped us plan our wedding and kept our vision in mind the entire time. The food was fantastic.. (everyone wants to know how to make that Strawberry salad) The staff was so professional and so responsive to all the requests from the guests. Cari was amazing as our day of coordinator, she was very attentive she kept the whole event moving. She organized all the vendors and went above and beyond to make sure our day was just what we wanted. I can't say thank you enough to her and Sarasota Catering. They are definitely 5 star service from beginning to end. Thank you all for making our day the best day of our lives ever! You are awesome! Mike and Amanda Larkin

Joelle & Justin Oct. 18, 2014

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Belinda H

Sarasota Catering was wonderful to work with. We were very happy with their service.

Fabulous Food

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Sarasota Catering Company was awesome to work with. Cari couldn't do enough to help us with all of our decisions and Kelly made everything happen perfectly on the day of the event. Everything was set up the way we wanted. The room looked beautiful and everyone was raving about the food. Several guests commented that it was the best wedding food they had ever had eaten. I highly recommend them for your wedding.

Reliable, reasonable, great tasting!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Great food, awesome service, exceptional value! Cari at Sarasota Catering really followed through and everything was perfect at the beach for our wedding reception dinner! Our favorite part was when the appetizers started up in the cove, we were taking pictures with the photographer before we lost the light by the oceans edge. Next thing I knew, the server brought the appetizers down to the waterfront so the wedding party could also enjoy! At that point we were starving and tray after tray the appetizers kept coming which was really thoughtful on their part.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 tania G

Everything was great from the food to the service. Cari was great to work with. The food was awesome and everyone loved it. Taylor and Lance were very nice and professional. We had a great experience.

Exceeded Expectations!

Reviewed on 8/17/2014 Susie G

SCC catered our beautiful destination wedding at the Powel Crosley Estate. Carrie was so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process, very thorough with great guidance and knowledge, and always readily available. We were amazed by the quality of their food and right after the tasting session we knew we had to book them. They were very professional the day of the wedding and so accommodating with the last minute surprises. They set us up with an amazing server who was assigned to my husband and I, so whatever we needed she was on it! We had a sit down dinner where guests had a choice between 3 unique mouthwatering entrees, and they even had special meals for my two vegan guests. The appetizers were superb, as were the assorted miniature desserts. It was also a great surprise that all of the entrees were decorated with a beautiful orchid. Our guests absolutely loved the food and the service. Thank you to the SCC team for making our big day such a magical one!

2014-09-25T09:33:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We really enjoyed helping you with your special day. The Powel Crosley Estate is such a beautiful venue, we really enjoy working there and helping ladies like yourself have a magical day.

Sarasota Catering Company Served with a Smile

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Ruth M

We were very pleased with the service we received from Cari and her team. Everyone was incredibly kind, helpful and knowledgeable. You'd be surprised how much planning goes into this part of your wedding, and the organizational skills they had were essential. Rent as much as you can through the catering company, which has partnerships with local rental companies. Even when we found a dance floor for cheaper through someone else, they charged an outrageous delivery fee. These extra fees were waved, and it saved us a lot of hassle. The food was amazing and beautifully plated. If you do a plated dinner, I recommend having salad already out on the tables. It kept people from starving before we arrived. The apps were all delicious. I recommend going somewhere else for cake. We loved the ones we got from Der Dutchman in Sarasota. The good news is Sarasota Catering Company doesn't charge a cake cutting fee! We would hire Cari and her team again in an instant!

2014-09-25T09:41:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for including us in you wedding day! :-) We loved helping you and really appreciate your feedback and review. We are always looking to improve our service and offer more things to make the planning process smooth and easy for our brides and... Read Less Read More

Sarasota Catering and Cari are amazing!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Danielle W

We hired Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding at Selby Gardens. They provided the most value for the price and actually gave the best, most friendly and helpful, impression right off the bat. We also hired Cari McDowell (within Sarasota Catering) as our Day or Coordinator, and she was absolutely amazing. It rained on the day of and the team changed all the plans to move everything inside, and required very little from me during the process. Everyone within the company were so nice and pleasant the day of. And I will say that the food was so good! We had tons of compliments from everyone that attended!

2014-09-25T09:46:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Danielle! Cari really enjoyed helping you too. Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is her personal favorite venue in the Sarasota area since she also got married there. Rain on wedding day is supposed to be good luck and that means you guys will have... Read Less Read More

Best decision ever!

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Kellee S

We are from Illinois and decided to get married on Siesta Key. My husband's only 2 requests for our wedding was toes in the sand and good food. The sand was easy but the best decision we ever made was hiring Sarasota Catering Company! We hired Cari as our day of coordinator and she was amazing! Anything that we booked through SCC was perfect. They are a one stop shop for other vendors you may need for your wedding. Cari helped us with so much planning and the day of the ceremony, she took care of everything. We didn't have to lift a finger. The entire staff was so professional but also like family. They all blended in so well with everyone and handled everything with ease. To top everything off, the food was amazing! Weeks later, we still have guests talking about the food. I am a firm believer in that if guests like the food, everything else will be ok. Sarasota Catering Company delivered that, and so much more! You can't go wrong with this vendor!

Seamless event.

Reviewed on 7/02/2014

We used Sarasota Catering for our Day of the Event Planner & to make our wedding cake, as well as, catering our event. The staff was highly professional & capable. We did not have to worry about anything. Everything came off w/o a hitch & the guests were very complimentary of the whole evening. Cari was our "Day of the Event Planner" & was the best money we ever spent/worth every penny & much more. She coordinated all of the vendors & brought everything together in seamless fashion. We also used them to make the cake. Our daughter wanted a "naked" cake, which they had not done before but were happy to oblige & every last piece was gone. It was delicious & moist. Their signature raspberry salad & dauphinois potatoes, as well as the flank steak w/chimi churri sauce (which they served on the side @ our request), were so good that many guests commented on them. We would highly recommend them to anyone, & if it is for a wedding, include Cari in the package. She is worth her weight in gold!!

Stop looking. Just hire Sarasota Catering.

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Kendra K

Sarasota Catering was in a word, AMAZING. Seriously, my wedding went off without a hitch and I attribute that fact to their incredible work. It's a catering company, so I'll talk about the food first - it was DELICIOUS. If they were a restaurant, I'd be one of their best customers. I am still dreaming about the dauphinos potatoes (I may be butchering the name). The real difference with Sarasota Catering is that they will anticipate your needs before you even know them. I worked with Cari to plan every last detail and then my Day of Coordinator was Kelly. These ladies were awesome. They are caterers/wedding planners extraordinaire. From helping nail down a timeline to sending little planning tips, I was extremely impressed with their service, professionalism and really making me feel special on such a fun (but stressful) day! Cari is a consummate professional and really got every single detail right. She really helped me with table settings, decorations, lighting. She knows her stuff. She also knew all of our vendors and had very helpful suggestions for us as we planned an out-of-state wedding. Kelly and the Sarasota Catering staff executed the wedding reception brilliantly. My husband and I felt well-taken care of -- from making sure we ate to having our favorite drinks ready for us to even helping with that proverbial drunk uncle. She was so nice and I was completely at ease with her. She handled all the last-minute craziness (someone didn't RSVP, then others didn't show up, then wind kept blowing our table cards away) with total aplomb! She even won over the toughest critic I know -- my mom! (Cari too, because my mom had the pleasure of doing our tasting and she could not stop raving about the food and Cari). If Sarasota Catering gets my mom's thumbs up, you should hire them and only them immediately and for any catering business you've got :) We are already planning to have a big family vacation in a year and I am planning to have Sarasota Catering come take care of us for a night! NOTE: The total cost of service included a tent, tables and chairs rentals in addition to the standard catering type linens rentals. We had 77 guests.

Loved Sarasota Catering Company!!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Kristen k

We were so pleased with Sarasota Catering Company! I researched all the catering company's in the Sarasota Area and we were so glad we went with this company. They did an outstanding job. Not only were they affordable and worked with our budget but they went out of there way to make sure we were happy with everything. Cari was absolutely amazing. She helped me every step of the way with all the choices I needed to make. She made me feel very comfortable, and when I changed my mind a million times, she was ready to make it happen. She was always available when I needed to speak with her and she was very helpful in making suggestions. Lance did an amazing job with our food as well. We did a buffet style and the food was extremely fresh and tasty. I would definitely recommend the spinach ravioli's and strawberry salad. People are still talking about how good the food was. We also had them make a special rum punch for our signature drink and everyone loved it. The day of the wedding the staff was on point the whole night. We had our own servers assigned to us and they were excellent. They even brought us drinks while we were doing our sunset pictures! I am a very picky person who has high standards especially for my special day and they definitely exceeded it! I would highly highly recommend them :)

Mrs Randle

Reviewed on 5/03/2014

I give them a exceptional rating they where wonderful to work with, this was my first wedding so i had very little knowledge about planning a wedding and Cari McDowell was amazing in helping me plan my special day. As for the day of the wedding Taylor my day of coordinator was wonderful very attentive and on her game the staff as a whole were very professional and awesome.I couldn't of asked for anything more. I would definitely recommend them to family and friends. Also I will use them in any future events i may have.

Amazing Catering!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Kim S

Sarasota Catering Company was a phenomenal addition to our wedding. Cari was incredibly easy to work with, very friendly, and offered wonderful advice. The food and service provided on our wedding day was fantastic. We received lots of comments from our guests about how good the food was! The buffet stations were decorated beautifully. The staff were helpful, friendly, and provided excellent service to our guests.

Wonderful Experience at Sarasota Catering Company

Reviewed on 3/04/2014 Alexandra K

I could not have been more pleased with the level of service, professionalism and delivery that we received from the Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding at Selby Gardens. Our AMAZING coordinator - Cari - took us through every little step & detail of the event to ensure that we would have the night of our dreams - and we did!! Not only was the coordination effort fantastic, but the food was A HUGE HIT! Everyone was asking us who we used and we will no doubt recommend Sarasota Catering Company 100% of the way! The food was absolutely amazing and delicious and their menu options are unlimited. And we opted for the open-bar which was such a great deal, not to mention made our reception a blast! Thank you for serving a delicious first-class meal to my family and friends!!

Mother of the Groom

Reviewed on 1/20/2014

I have catered many a wedding and special event in New England. That is why every caterer my son looked at he sent me their info. I hadn't even finished reading the proposal from Sarasota Catering and I knew this was the one for Him to use. From the very first communication to the perfectly executed wedding event, Sarasota Catering was first class. They thought of every detail. The food was fantastic, the staff was exceptional. One waiter literally gave my son the dress shirt off his back when he realized that only the suit and tie were in his bag 20 minutes before the ceremony was to start. There was even 1 special server just for the Bride and Groom. From food and drinks on the beach while they had photos taken to special dinner service at the reception. All in all Sarasota Catering was exceptional in their service, food and help in planning this special day. Thank you so much!

TO Sarasota Catering Company