Sarasota Catering Company

Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

Fabulous Food - Service with Style

Allow us to take the stress out of your Wedding! We can provide food, liquor, cake, staff, and rentals for your entire day, plus Day of Coordination if needed. We realize this may be your first time hiring a caterer and planning a wedding and are happy to “hold your hand” or stand back and assist.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

Bow2010

6544 Superior Ave, Sarasota, FL
Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was more than I could have asked for. We took advantage of their catering, bar service and staff, and I would not have done it any other way. From the first time I called to inquire about the services they were professional and always helpful. They took... Read More the time to meet at my venue, discuss our vision and they carried it out to a "T". They were so helpful with set up and tear down and made all of the guests happy and comfortable which was our main goal. The food was delicious and everything looked beautiful when we arrived. Every expectation was met and exceeded. Just wonderful. We wish we could do it all again!

our wedding 12/12/2015

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I used Sarasota Catering Company for my wedding because after seeing what they were capable of for my sisters wedding it was a no-brainier. Cari McDowell was incredibly flexible, organized and great to work with prior and day of. She kept things in order, and fixed things when... Read More needed. When Cari wasnt available, Allison Whitten stepping in and picked up plans without a hiccup. The food was excellent, catering stuff was great, all the decorations looked great. All in all between Cari, Allison and Sarasota Catering Company/and Staff they made our wedding truly a day to not forget. WE LOVE Y'ALL, AND THANK YOU!!

A dream came true

Reviewed on 12/25/2015

Hi I planned my distance beach wedding all the way from UK to have it on Lido Beach (Sarasota, Florida), I decided to plan it without a wedding planner because of cost reasons and really didn't know where to start. I found myself in a big challenge to plan it all myself until I... Read More found Allison from Sarasota Catering Company. She was an angel she was so friendly and helpful and gave me always a good feeling that everything will be just as I imagine it to be. Weeks after weeks I had new things to worry about I needed contact information about florist, tent, lights... but which to choose? Good that I had Allison she always took the extra step to help even it didn't really had anything to do with her and the catering company. That's why I knew I was in best hands! And then the day came and it was amazing everything was just PERFECT my dream came true, the food was really nice too and the service was excellent. The Sarasota Catering Company team was so lovely and professional they gave you the feeling they just know what they are doing and that the are enjoyed your wedding day too. I would highly recommend ALLISON and SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY to everyone!!!! So glad I found them! Thank you :)

2015-12-30T10:54:47 Response from the vendor

Helena...Thank you so much for the very kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you both the very best!!!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Kendall L

So I thought about posting this review for awhile and I contemplated whether or not I should do it. After talking to the owner and only still receiving a minimal amount for their mistakes I still firmly believe that we were not compensated correctly. At my wedding I was notified... Read More that Sarasota Catering Company had ran out of chicken. At this point only myself and my husband had been served so that was definitely confusing to say the least. I decided to find out for myself what was going on. I went to talk to the servers and was told that they actually forgot the chicken. I told them that they needed to go to every single person who ordered chicken and determine what they would like instead. Our options were either steak, fish, or chicken and most that ordered chicken did so because they did not like the other options. Around 15, 20 minutes later it still seemed as if not everyone had their food. A server approaches me and lets me know that actually they just mislabeled the chicken and that they do have it. At that time, some guests are already eating what they didn't really want or ordered. Also when Jesse and I first sat down at our sweet heart table our appetizers were waiting there for us and everything was cold. This was disappointing and we had to just skip out on those. I believe they should have been held for us until we arrived. Also I have heard from family that their appetizers were as well cold and meals were lukewarm. This was even more disappointing. I also, during the entire event was never aware of who the event captain was. When I have to pay for an event captain I would expect to know exactly who they are, but no one ever introduced themselves to me or my husband. Around two-three weeks after the event, I had to call Sarasota Catering Company because they had yet to call me to apologize or offer any type of compensation. Allison, though very nice, was only able to give me a refund for half of the chicken back which was not much, around $350. She said that she didn't think the owner would want to give us anymore than that. She supplied me with his email so I could talk to him myself. I sent an email to the owner and though he expressed his concern he only offered me back about another $350 for some of the appetizers. In my opinion getting only $700 back was not enough, especially since we spent almost $5000 on the entire event. When I pay for a package I expect the entire package and for everything to go smoothly. Sadly, nothing went smoothly with this catering company. As I thought about it after talking with the owner, I realized that we should have received an exceptional amount of compensation. If they claim to be such a great catering company they should make their customers happy even if they caused issues at their event. To them it seems to be about the money and not about their customers. Them telling me that nothing like this has ever occurred does not mean anything to me and my wedding. I would advise people to really take hiring this company into consideration before doing so, because if something like this happens at your wedding, rare or not, they aren't very likely to make you satisfied in the end.

2016-01-27T16:17:03 Response from the vendor

When dealing with complaints we try to weight the fault and inconvenience with any refund that the is deserved or desired. In this case in became apparent that regardless of the fact that everyone was fed and many enjoyed the food that unless we gave... Read Less Read More

Allison is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Sheena A

Where to start... Allison is AMAZING!!!!! We chose Sarasota Catering company to cater our wedding and also hired Allison as the coordinator. Allison completely blew us away. She went above and beyond. We met with her several times to go over the menu and venue. The entire... Read More wedding went off without a hitch. We seriously can't find one thing to complain about. I can't say what a relief it was to know everything was taken care of and that my bride wasn't stressing out or worried. We really can't thank you enough, Allison is very very very highly recommended! Josh & Sheena

2015-12-30T10:55:56 Response from the vendor

Sheena and Josh, What can I say about the two of you! Thanks so much for the glowing review. You were SO easy going, and absolutely wonderful. I wish you both nothing but the best, (and hope Josh catches lots of big fish!!!). Please keep... Read Less Read More

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Ian E

We got married this past Saturday and I LOVED working with Sashi and her team! Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the service was amazing! We got to the reception after our ceremony to find everything set up exactly how we wanted it, and I was particularly... Read More impressed with the individualized attention me and my husband were given by the staff. Kuddos!

Sashi and Aimee AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

WE CANNOT SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH FROM THE ROOF TOPS ON HOW MUCH WE LOVED SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY!! We hired them as our catering company but they ended up being so much more. They not only truly helped out in crisis but in the fun moments as well. They contracted our lighting... Read More (Affairs in the Air- loved them), US Tent Rental (beautiful linens and the feasting tables were PERFECT). Aimee was also hired on to be our day of coordinator and turned into our week savor. Sashi was my girl from day one and made everything smooth with the contract. Our one contract with SCC had all our vendors on it, one bill was extremely nice!! Just meet with these AMAZING ladies and you will have no doubt in your mind on who you need by your side on this most important day....oh yea, besides your better half :)

Fantastic team

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diana G

We could not be happier with the service we received from SCC. Allison, our day of coordinator was the best, nicest and honest person to work with. She made our day go through without a hitch. The staff was fantastic. Our guest had nothing but great things to say about the... Read More food and how accommodating the staff was. I recommend them to everyone.

2015-12-30T10:58:25 Response from the vendor

Diana and Chris, LOVED your Christmas Card!!! China looks like such a good girl! I loved being a part of your very special day! Please keep in touch and may 2016 bring wonderful things your way. Lots of love!

Sarasota Catering Company.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 L W

Sarasota Catering Company catered our wedding reception on September 5th, 2015. We expected good food and well mannered staff, but what we got was so much more. Sarasota Catering Company were incredibly polite, exceptionally professional, well beyond experienced and went... Read More above and beyond in all aspects. From simply noting what our guests liked, to moving a large portion of our function inside and out of the rain without prompting, it was obvious to us that they surely know their stuff. We highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company to all in need of a professional catering service. We are beyond ecstatic about their performance, and feel confident that you will not be disappointed with your selection.

The Perfect Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Allison Whitten with Sarasota Catering Co was very attentive to every need that we had for our wedding. I loved the attention to detail that she provided and the way she really made us feel like it was OUR special day! The food was incredible and the staff was very professional... Read More but friendly. I will definitely recommend them to anyone!!!!!

2015-12-30T11:00:30 Response from the vendor

Debbie and Tom, Things have finally slowed down enough for me to respond to your very kind review! I am so glad that you felt special on YOUR day. Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation. Happy 2016 to the both of you!~

IMPRESSIVE

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Sashi was a GOD-SEND. We could not be more pleased with the care and effort that she put into making our wedding day so memorable. Many of our wedding guest raved about how hard she worked to ensure everything was perfect. My husband and I got more than what we asked for. The... Read More waitstaff was also very accomdating and attentive to our needs and everyone felt that the food was great. Many of our guests wish to have Sarasota Catering Company plan abd serve at some of there remote events in Florida because of the spirit of excellence shown at our wedding. Our wedding day is more memorable because of Sashi and Sarasota Catering Company. We thank them.

2015-07-30T10:27:38 Response from the vendor

WOW! I'm just so blessed that I was there to experience such a beautiful moment between family and friends. Many thanks to you both for including me in your special day!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

My husband and I worked with Sashi from Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. The service we received was amazing! Sashi always got back to us very quickly and was very friendly. She helped me pick the rentals that we would need and that would fit our theme for the wedding.... Read More The service was great and so was the food! We absolutely loved the food!! It's been a week since the wedding and we are still getting comments about the food and awesome service that was provided by the staff.

2015-07-30T10:17:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Rebecca! You were absolutely amazing to work with as well. I wish you both the very best and hope you both can get away together soon!

Allison Whitten- Sarasota Catering Company, EXCEPTIONAL!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was absolutely AMAZING!! My husband and I had a destination wedding in Siesta Key, FL and Allison from Sarasota Catering helped us coordinate EVERYTHING. From the menu selections to the tent rental, they will help piece together your special day. This... Read More really eliminated the back and forth with multiple vendors, relieving some of the stress of planning a wedding from afar. Allison is very professional, knowledgeable and was so extremely patient with us throughout the whole process. She helped guide decisions based on our vision and had great recommendations to round out the wedding vendors needed. Allison is incredible, she was there for the duration to ensure that our wedding went off without a hitch. She nailed every detail and I wish everyone reading this could actually comprehend the effort she put into making our wedding day perfect. The food was exquisite, everyone was very impressed with the quality of the dishes served at our beachside reception. They had an amazing service team that went above and beyond to fulfill our every need. Our wedding guests are still talking about the food and quality of the event delivered. Thank you Allison and Sarasota Catering Company for being apart of our wedding. Allison will always have a special place in our heart, we could not have asked for anything more.

Everything Was Perfection!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Sarasota Catering did an incredible job for our wedding. From the planning with Allison, right through to the execution, everything went like clockwork. They seamlessly made the transfer from champagne and hors d’oeuvres on the dock for the ceremony to the house for the... Read More reception and buffet. Not only was everyone on the team totally professional, but also very good to work with. As great as the team was, the food was every bit the match for them. It was great to wake up the next morning and have the house look like nothing had happened the night before. We will definitely recommend Sarasota Catering to all our friends! Alan & Reg

Recommend to others for wedding

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

Sarasota Catering Company provided great service leading up to the wedding and the staff at my reception was top-notch. My attending family was impressed by the quality of the wait staff. Our banquet master and concierge was wonderful. Thanks!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Sommer W

Though we ultimately did not end up going with this particular company they were a great group to work with. They were wonderful communicators and accommodating when I realized that I had made a mistake. I would definitely work with them again given the opportunity. PS. Ask for... Read More adjustments on the menu. They will accommodate that as well, to make sure the food is exactly what you want for your event.

Amazing Job Done By Sarasota Catering Company

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Stephanie L

The Sarasota Catering Company provided catering services, as well as day-of-coordination, for our wedding at Selby Gardens in Sarasota, FL. Cari and Allison helped to plan every detail prior to the event and provided fabulous recommendations for our other vendors as well,... Read More including florist, lighting, cake baker, and officiant. They helped to make our day absolutely magical by handling all guest questions, organizing us to move to a different location during a brief rain shower, and making us feel like guests at our own ceremony and reception.

Wonderful !!

Reviewed on 3/19/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was such a wonderful companyto work with and they really made our wedding night perfect! I worked closely with Cari and she helped us to get all the details together to make our vision come through in everything from the floor layout to the meal... Read More itself. The servers on our day were so kind and I really felt like everyone was happy to be there and happy to celebrate with us and all the guests. They were very accommodating, and I really felt that it was well worth the cost... Speaking of the cost they are really affordable and provide much more personal service than some of the other places I interviewed before picking a caterer. I would pick them again in a heartbeat!! Thanks guys !

So delicious

Reviewed on 11/04/2014

Sarasota Catering Company did a great job. Because of the weather we had to make changes about the location, but after some uncertainties everything turned out great. The staff was very kind and professional. The food was more than delicious. All our guest were crazy about the... Read More Barbecued Chicken Breast Sandwiches . Cari was pretty forthcoming and would work with her again and again. Thank you so much for making our day special. Sandra and Patrick

Our wedding was awesome!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Amanda H

Sarasota Catering and Cari were the best. From day one they helped us plan our wedding and kept our vision in mind the entire time. The food was fantastic.. (everyone wants to know how to make that Strawberry salad) The staff was so professional and so responsive to all the... Read More requests from the guests. Cari was amazing as our day of coordinator, she was very attentive she kept the whole event moving. She organized all the vendors and went above and beyond to make sure our day was just what we wanted. I can't say thank you enough to her and Sarasota Catering. They are definitely 5 star service from beginning to end. Thank you all for making our day the best day of our lives ever! You are awesome! Mike and Amanda Larkin

Joelle & Justin Oct. 18, 2014

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Belinda H

Sarasota Catering was wonderful to work with. We were very happy with their service.

Fabulous Food

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Sarasota Catering Company was awesome to work with. Cari couldn't do enough to help us with all of our decisions and Kelly made everything happen perfectly on the day of the event. Everything was set up the way we wanted. The room looked beautiful and everyone was raving... Read More about the food. Several guests commented that it was the best wedding food they had ever had eaten. I highly recommend them for your wedding.

Reliable, reasonable, great tasting!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Great food, awesome service, exceptional value! Cari at Sarasota Catering really followed through and everything was perfect at the beach for our wedding reception dinner! Our favorite part was when the appetizers started up in the cove, we were taking pictures with the... Read More photographer before we lost the light by the oceans edge. Next thing I knew, the server brought the appetizers down to the waterfront so the wedding party could also enjoy! At that point we were starving and tray after tray the appetizers kept coming which was really thoughtful on their part.

Awesome

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 tania G

Everything was great from the food to the service. Cari was great to work with. The food was awesome and everyone loved it. Taylor and Lance were very nice and professional. We had a great experience.

Exceeded Expectations!

Reviewed on 8/17/2014 Susie G

SCC catered our beautiful destination wedding at the Powel Crosley Estate. Carrie was so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process, very thorough with great guidance and knowledge, and always readily available. We were amazed by the quality of their food and right... Read More after the tasting session we knew we had to book them. They were very professional the day of the wedding and so accommodating with the last minute surprises. They set us up with an amazing server who was assigned to my husband and I, so whatever we needed she was on it! We had a sit down dinner where guests had a choice between 3 unique mouthwatering entrees, and they even had special meals for my two vegan guests. The appetizers were superb, as were the assorted miniature desserts. It was also a great surprise that all of the entrees were decorated with a beautiful orchid. Our guests absolutely loved the food and the service. Thank you to the SCC team for making our big day such a magical one!

2014-09-25T09:33:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We really enjoyed helping you with your special day. The Powel Crosley Estate is such a beautiful venue, we really enjoy working there and helping ladies like yourself have a magical day.