Sarasota Catering Company

Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

Fabulous Food - Service with Style

Allow us to take the stress out of your Wedding! We can provide food, liquor, cake, staff, and rentals for your entire day, plus Day of Coordination if needed. We realize this may be your first time hiring a caterer and planning a wedding and are happy to “hold your hand” or stand back and assist.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

Bow2010

6544 Superior Ave, Sarasota, FL Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area (941) 927-7675

WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was more than I could have asked for. We took advantage of their catering, bar service and staff, and I would not have done it any other way. From the first time I called to inquire about the services they were professional and always helpful. They took... Read More the time to meet at my venue, discuss our vision and they carried it out to a "T". They were so helpful with set up and tear down and made all of the guests happy and comfortable which was our main goal. The food was delicious and everything looked beautiful when we arrived. Every expectation was met and exceeded. Just wonderful. We wish we could do it all again!

our wedding 12/12/2015

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I used Sarasota Catering Company for my wedding because after seeing what they were capable of for my sisters wedding it was a no-brainier. Cari McDowell was incredibly flexible, organized and great to work with prior and day of. She kept things in order, and fixed things when... Read More needed. When Cari wasnt available, Allison Whitten stepping in and picked up plans without a hiccup. The food was excellent, catering stuff was great, all the decorations looked great. All in all between Cari, Allison and Sarasota Catering Company/and Staff they made our wedding truly a day to not forget. WE LOVE Y'ALL, AND THANK YOU!!

A dream came true

Reviewed on 12/25/2015

Hi I planned my distance beach wedding all the way from UK to have it on Lido Beach (Sarasota, Florida), I decided to plan it without a wedding planner because of cost reasons and really didn't know where to start. I found myself in a big challenge to plan it all myself until I... Read More found Allison from Sarasota Catering Company. She was an angel she was so friendly and helpful and gave me always a good feeling that everything will be just as I imagine it to be. Weeks after weeks I had new things to worry about I needed contact information about florist, tent, lights... but which to choose? Good that I had Allison she always took the extra step to help even it didn't really had anything to do with her and the catering company. That's why I knew I was in best hands! And then the day came and it was amazing everything was just PERFECT my dream came true, the food was really nice too and the service was excellent. The Sarasota Catering Company team was so lovely and professional they gave you the feeling they just know what they are doing and that the are enjoyed your wedding day too. I would highly recommend ALLISON and SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY to everyone!!!! So glad I found them! Thank you :)

2015-12-30T10:54:47 Response from the vendor

Helena...Thank you so much for the very kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you both the very best!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Chelsea K

Sarasota Catering Company was so great! Dealing with Sashi was a real treat. She understood how crazy it is to plan a wedding and was easy to contact and worked with me as often as I needed her. She was so good at rearranging and editing things so that we got what we wanted... Read More within our budget. And the food was so good! I loved all the appetizers (salad and dinner was great too!)

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Jami S

We used Sarasota Catering Company to cater the food for our beach wedding reception & were very pleased with both the professional staff and the delicious food! Sashi was wonderful throughout the process and was super flexible about our needs. The server was also amazing and our... Read More guests paid her &the food many compliments. We would highly recommend this company!! Thank you for making our reception a wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Heidi H

My husband and I used Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding on May 6, 2017! Sarasota Catering Company exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff made sure that myself and my husband got to try the appetizers and continued to bring... Read More us drinks while we were away doing photos. Our wedding guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how pleasant everyone on the Catering staff was. Sashi was our day of Coordinator and hands down the best! We could not have had such an amazing, well organized wedding without the help of Sashi. Sashi was responsive days before the wedding when other vendors where requestion additional items and little changes had to be made. Sashi helped us on rehearsal night instructing the wedding party on order and providing us with information on traditional weddings and how to conduct the ceremony. Sashi stuck to our timeline and made the whole day and evening run smoothly. Sashi made sure that we had to go boxes of food, which was a request from us, to take back to our hotel that evening. Sashi set up all our DIY wedding decor and communicated with all vendors. The venue we rented had strict rules requiering us to be out within an hour after the reception. After send off my family said they came back inside the reception area and it was already 75% cleaned up and that they got out of there in time and everyone was very satisified with the clean up experience. We highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company and Sashi as the day of coordinator.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Caitlin Z

Food was incredible and affordable! Everyone working was courteous, professional, and helpful. And they were very flexible with what we wanted! Plus the bartender rocked it! Not having to think about the bar was the best part... they supplied EVERYTHING!

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Michele E

We absolutely loved Sarasota Catering Company! We used them for our brunch wedding at the Edson Keith Mansion. Sashi was our day of coordinator, and she was wonderful. She worked with me for a month or two prior to the wedding to help plan the timeline and ensure that everything... Read More went smoothly. Our day would have been much different were it not for Sashi's incredible attention to detail! Sashi wasn't the only good thing about Sarasota Catering Company: we served brunch at our wedding, and the food was phenomenal. The entire staff was so friendly. We are so happy with everything Sarasota Catering Company did!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Maya V

We loved using Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding! Sashi was our day-of-coordinator but she did so much more than just the day-of. She understood our vision for the decor and carried it out to perfection. She was responsive and accommodating. We were planning our wedding... Read More from afar (living in DC) but the distance didn't feel like an impediment. And the food was AMAZING! We had multiple guests compliment all the food throughout the evening and the next day. I'm vegan and the chefs at SCC worked with me to make the most delicious vegan meal that wasn't your standard pasta - one of my guests even asked me for the recipe (chickpea sheperd's pie). The servers were professional, prompt, and just a joy to work with. We also did all of our rentals (linens, chairs, dinnerware) through SCC which made it easier for coordination and one less thing to worry about as a bride. Sarasota Catering Company truly helped make it the best night ever!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Marissa M

We had an outdoor wedding and the Sarasota Catering Company team did an excellent job! The food was delicious and they had a ton of choices. Sashi was very helpful in narrowing down our menu options and ensuring all details were documented. The staff took care of us all night,... Read More and they were so polite. I highly recommend the Sarasota Catering Company for your next event!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Stephanie D

Choosing Sarasota Catering Company as our caterer and Sashi Twarogowski as our event coordinator were two of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding in Sarasota, FL. We chose this company over the catering company that was suggested by our venue because we... Read More immediately had a great feeling about them after our initial meeting. Once we tasted the food, that decision was even further solidified. The food and service was amazing. We received several compliments about how good the food and the desserts were and how quickly the servers got the meals out to all of the tables (we had 140 guests). Last but not least, our experience with Sarasota Catering Company would not have been as enjoyable as it was had it not been for our catering sales contact/day of event coordinator, Sashi. Sashi went above and beyond from the first day we emailed her with our inquiry. She coordinated almost all details of our wedding, booking several of our vendors for us to save us the hassle. Sashi was incredibly patient, attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. When the day of the wedding came around, we had zero worries and were confident that everything would be executed exactly as we had hoped. Sashi cover every last detail making the wedding completely stress-free for both us and our families. I cannot say enough good things about this company and Sashi and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Sarasota area!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rebecca M

Things started off really well with Sarasota Catering Company. We really liked Allison – she was very personable, flexible and accommodating. Then, Allison left, and things started to go downhill. For one, Sashi never mentioned to us that we had not already paid for plates and... Read More silverware for our wedding reception. In fact, the plates and silverware were listed in our contract, but because there was no price associated with them, apparently they were not included in our contract, and we had not paid for them (those seem like pretty important items for a caterer event). Our wedding coordinator was actually the person who discovered that we were missing plates and silverware…two weeks before the wedding! Gabe and I had to order our own online, as the catering company wanted to charge almost $300 for disposable plates and silverware! The day of the event, the catering staff was professional and the food was good. However, after the event, Sashi tried to charge us extra for cleanup. First, I wish the staff labor time had been accurately estimated from the beginning. Two, our wedding was very small (40 people), so I’m not sure why an extra person was unexpectedly needed for cleanup. Finally, Sashi did not tell me that they were charging extra for labor – I went back to our most recent invoice, and found that we were being charged extra. Sashi had no clue where the extra charge came from, and did not tell us that we were being charged extra. After several email exchanges, Sashi finally told us why we were being charged extra. Overall, Sarasota Catering was a decent wedding vendor, but if you decide to hire them, make sure they have all of YOUR bases covered for your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 shelbye s

Sarasota catering was absolutely amazing. Everything they did was so helpful and they made our wedding perfect. Everyone loved the food and raved about it. We worked with Sashi (she helped us as our day of coordinator) and despite all of the craziness that comes along with... Read More weddings, she kept cool and made everything run smoothly. She is very personable and we loved her. Everything was exactly how we dreamt it and we would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jodie P

I cant say enough great things about this caterer! For starters, im sure I was probably one of there annoying brides. hahaha. We made so many changes from the menu, the chairs, the linens, everything. We just could not make up our minds. We worked with Allison and she was the... Read More sweetest person. She listen to every request and was gracious with every change. The food was yummy and everyone had an amazing time. I especially loved the gentleman that followed me around the whole night replenishing my drinks! I never had to go to the bar. haha. Their person touches is what makes them amazing. Thank you Allison and the entire team at Sarasota Catering Company for making my wedding so amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

The Sarasota Catering Company did a fantastic job in catering our wedding reception. Delicious food, helpful staff, communicative sales team and a reasonable price. Absolutely recommendable!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Debra S

Sarasota Catering was truly amazing in every aspect, the food, decor, planning and quality were above my expectations. Allison Whitten was very patient, understanding and professional. She handled everything from beginning to end.I truly had no worries and was able to enjoy our... Read More beautiful day without stress. She made our day special and unforgettable. It was an amazing experience and I would completely recommend Sarasota Catering to any couple wanting a beautiful and peaceful day.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Drew G

Allison and her team went above and beyond to make our special day stress free. They not only set up and cleaned up our venue, but also re-set our tables halfway through the event due to weather issues. The food was raved about by all our guests. We will definitely use them... Read More again for our next event!

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Camielle

I am so so happy we chose to use Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. We wanted a vendor that was near our venue, the Sarasota Garden Club (who were so happy we were using them because they also like working with SSCC and recommend them as a preferred vendor), and we... Read More wanted someone relatively affordable, and who had a decent variety of choices. Well the amount of menu options blew us away from the start compared to other catering menus we had looked at. They were able to convert some dishes to vegan/gluten free for some of our guests but no one even knew the difference but raved about how good it was and that they loved the wide variety of options. Sashi was so easy to work with and helped us make decisions where we were clueless and make sure we didn't need to spend more money than was necessary. I made changes all the up until a week or so before the wedding and Sashi had no problem making changes to the menu or layout. She asked questions about details that had never occurred to us. Everything went very smoothly on Saturday it was a truly lovely day. Everyone said the food was great and presentation was beautiful. The staff were great they checked with me to see if I needed anything and were very fast with getting the cake out. It was very sweet of them to have boxed food up for us and then bring out to our car at the end, especially because we really only barely nibbled there so we devoured the food when we got home. My sister told me that after we left break down went very smooth and quickly. I know everyone was around all day but I tell you I barely noticed everything was just so seamless. Thank you and you and your staff so much for making our wedding such a lovely day that went without a hitch and without worry.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Lin K

My daughter's wedding was 3-11-16 at Selby. Allison Whiten worked with us for over a year planning the wedding. She was great to work with and had wonderful suggestions based on her years of experience. I also retained her for the day of which went amazingly smooth and... Read More seamless for a 150 plus guest count. I can't begin to remember the number of compliments I received on the food, which was fabulous, the service and overall coordination.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Kendall L

So I thought about posting this review for awhile and I contemplated whether or not I should do it. After talking to the owner and only still receiving a minimal amount for their mistakes I still firmly believe that we were not compensated correctly. At my wedding I was notified... Read More that Sarasota Catering Company had ran out of chicken. At this point only myself and my husband had been served so that was definitely confusing to say the least. I decided to find out for myself what was going on. I went to talk to the servers and was told that they actually forgot the chicken. I told them that they needed to go to every single person who ordered chicken and determine what they would like instead. Our options were either steak, fish, or chicken and most that ordered chicken did so because they did not like the other options. Around 15, 20 minutes later it still seemed as if not everyone had their food. A server approaches me and lets me know that actually they just mislabeled the chicken and that they do have it. At that time, some guests are already eating what they didn't really want or ordered. Also when Jesse and I first sat down at our sweet heart table our appetizers were waiting there for us and everything was cold. This was disappointing and we had to just skip out on those. I believe they should have been held for us until we arrived. Also I have heard from family that their appetizers were as well cold and meals were lukewarm. This was even more disappointing. I also, during the entire event was never aware of who the event captain was. When I have to pay for an event captain I would expect to know exactly who they are, but no one ever introduced themselves to me or my husband. Around two-three weeks after the event, I had to call Sarasota Catering Company because they had yet to call me to apologize or offer any type of compensation. Allison, though very nice, was only able to give me a refund for half of the chicken back which was not much, around $350. She said that she didn't think the owner would want to give us anymore than that. She supplied me with his email so I could talk to him myself. I sent an email to the owner and though he expressed his concern he only offered me back about another $350 for some of the appetizers. In my opinion getting only $700 back was not enough, especially since we spent almost $5000 on the entire event. When I pay for a package I expect the entire package and for everything to go smoothly. Sadly, nothing went smoothly with this catering company. As I thought about it after talking with the owner, I realized that we should have received an exceptional amount of compensation. If they claim to be such a great catering company they should make their customers happy even if they caused issues at their event. To them it seems to be about the money and not about their customers. Them telling me that nothing like this has ever occurred does not mean anything to me and my wedding. I would advise people to really take hiring this company into consideration before doing so, because if something like this happens at your wedding, rare or not, they aren't very likely to make you satisfied in the end.

2016-01-27T16:17:03 Response from the vendor

When dealing with complaints we try to weight the fault and inconvenience with any refund that the is deserved or desired. In this case in became apparent that regardless of the fact that everyone was fed and many enjoyed the food that unless we gave... Read Less Read More

Allison is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Sheena A

Where to start... Allison is AMAZING!!!!! We chose Sarasota Catering company to cater our wedding and also hired Allison as the coordinator. Allison completely blew us away. She went above and beyond. We met with her several times to go over the menu and venue. The entire... Read More wedding went off without a hitch. We seriously can't find one thing to complain about. I can't say what a relief it was to know everything was taken care of and that my bride wasn't stressing out or worried. We really can't thank you enough, Allison is very very very highly recommended! Josh & Sheena

2015-12-30T10:55:56 Response from the vendor

Sheena and Josh, What can I say about the two of you! Thanks so much for the glowing review. You were SO easy going, and absolutely wonderful. I wish you both nothing but the best, (and hope Josh catches lots of big fish!!!). Please keep... Read Less Read More

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Ian E

We got married this past Saturday and I LOVED working with Sashi and her team! Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the service was amazing! We got to the reception after our ceremony to find everything set up exactly how we wanted it, and I was particularly... Read More impressed with the individualized attention me and my husband were given by the staff. Kuddos!

Sashi and Aimee AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

WE CANNOT SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH FROM THE ROOF TOPS ON HOW MUCH WE LOVED SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY!! We hired them as our catering company but they ended up being so much more. They not only truly helped out in crisis but in the fun moments as well. They contracted our lighting... Read More (Affairs in the Air- loved them), US Tent Rental (beautiful linens and the feasting tables were PERFECT). Aimee was also hired on to be our day of coordinator and turned into our week savor. Sashi was my girl from day one and made everything smooth with the contract. Our one contract with SCC had all our vendors on it, one bill was extremely nice!! Just meet with these AMAZING ladies and you will have no doubt in your mind on who you need by your side on this most important day....oh yea, besides your better half :)

Fantastic team

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diana G

We could not be happier with the service we received from SCC. Allison, our day of coordinator was the best, nicest and honest person to work with. She made our day go through without a hitch. The staff was fantastic. Our guest had nothing but great things to say about the... Read More food and how accommodating the staff was. I recommend them to everyone.

2015-12-30T10:58:25 Response from the vendor

Diana and Chris, LOVED your Christmas Card!!! China looks like such a good girl! I loved being a part of your very special day! Please keep in touch and may 2016 bring wonderful things your way. Lots of love!

Sarasota Catering Company.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 L W

Sarasota Catering Company catered our wedding reception on September 5th, 2015. We expected good food and well mannered staff, but what we got was so much more. Sarasota Catering Company were incredibly polite, exceptionally professional, well beyond experienced and went... Read More above and beyond in all aspects. From simply noting what our guests liked, to moving a large portion of our function inside and out of the rain without prompting, it was obvious to us that they surely know their stuff. We highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company to all in need of a professional catering service. We are beyond ecstatic about their performance, and feel confident that you will not be disappointed with your selection.