Sarasota Catering Company

Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

Fabulous Food - Service with Style

Allow us to take the stress out of your Wedding! We can provide food, liquor, cake, staff, and rentals for your entire day, plus Day of Coordination if needed. We realize this may be your first time hiring a caterer and planning a wedding and are happy to “hold your hand” or stand back and assist.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

Bow2010

6544 Superior Ave, Sarasota, FL Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area (941) 927-7675

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Jade R

Sashi and her team are absolutely AMAZING! She really goes above and beyond. Our wedding was a destination wedding and Sashi handled most of the planning, there is no one else I would trust to handle such an important event !Sashi is so easy to talk to and she listens to every... Read More little detail. Her team is so professional and hard working. Thanks to Sashi, my wedding day was everything I dreamed of and more !

2017-11-16T08:16:30 Response from the vendor

Awww! You are the very sweetest, Jade. I LOVE helping on your wedding, it was a true fairy-tale. All the Best, Sashi xoxox

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Kyla A

Sashi was amazing and her team was excellent as well! I would recommend the Sarasota Catering Company to anyone! I am especially thankful that Sashi was so attentive to my husband and I and our guests. People were so impressed with how well Sashi ran the show! People thought she... Read More was part of the family! Thank you all at the Sarasota Catering Company. You helped make this day extremely special for us and our family and friends!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Ariel D

We had the most incredible experience working with Sashi. The food was amazing , the organization, and helpful advice made our day perfect!

2017-11-14T12:56:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this amazing review! The best is yet to come, Sashi xoxo

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Brittany B

Hiring Sashi and the team was the best decision I could have made for my wedding. Sashi made it less stressful. She replied quickly. I’m so glad they were a part of my day.

2017-11-16T08:21:09 Response from the vendor

Brittany! Thank you for this fab review:) All the Best, Sashi xoxo

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sarah K

Sashi and her team were Awesome! They were very easy to work with, the food was delicious, great service and attention to details! My beach wedding was so much fun and she kept us on schedule and didn’t skip a beat!

2017-10-26T08:15:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! I was so very honored to be apart of your special day at a magical venue with a stunning Bride:)

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Robin S

Sashi (DOC) and Sarasota Catering Company (Caterers) were great to deal with. We had never planned a wedding before and were overwhelmed by the process, particularly since we were doing it all remotely. We had some last minute changes and several people talking to Sashi, so... Read More there were a lot of opportunities for things to get confusing. However, things went very smoothly, and even when sudden changes came up (like our DJ getting sick last minute), her and SCC navigated them well to make our special day just that- special!

2017-10-26T08:19:06 Response from the vendor

I'm so thrilled you both had such a great experience! Robin was gorgeous and the dance floor packed the whole night:) Thank you for letting me share your day! Best wishes on your new adventure together.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Michael M

Looking back on our wedding weekend, we are very happy with our choice of SCC. Specifically, our POC Sashi was the highlight. She has amazingly responsive and pays attention to every detail. I must have exchanged over 400 emails with her in the months leading up to the wedding,... Read More and she never lost patience with questions or the most minute rental/food changes. We initially came to SCC after trying another Sarasota caterer that was recommended by our venue. Their food was great, but their prices were too high and their chef's attitude was a little off. After interacting with Sashi, we were very impressed. We visited SCC for a tasting - their food was good, but the great part of SCC is their flexibility. We gave them two of our own recipes (one veg. entree and one hors d'oeuvre), and they made them perfectly. Logistically, everything with rentals and food were executed on time and very well. We also hired Sashi for our Day-Of Coordinator, which was possibly our best decision. Her level of professionalism/service was exceptional. With the months of planning and on the day of, Sashi really crushed it, and I can't recommend her enough.

2017-11-16T08:29:34 Response from the vendor

Wow! What a fantastic review:) Thank you so much, Sashi xoxo

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Sally M

I spent the majority of my wedding planning on the catering, it was so important to me. I was also planning my Florida beach wedding from Indiana. Needless to say, I wasn't available for tastings or in person menu planning. I never got to meet Rita in person, but she was ALWAYS... Read More on top of her e-mails. We spoke a few times on the phone as well. She was incredibly dedicated to helping me plan my menu. I had communicated with a few other catering companies before I found Sarasota Catering Co. I would request a quote, and what I would receive back would be completely different than what I'd asked for. I can understand "up-selling", but it was getting frustrating. From the very first e-mail I received back from Rita, I knew that I was finished with my search. I changed my menu MULTIPLE times and at the beginning I was convinced that I didn't need staffing. She never pressured me to change that, but in the end I did end up choosing to have staffing (because she thought I would like it). She knew better than I did! Thank goodness we had someone come to help. The guys that came to do the set up had it done very quickly. The woman that was there to help with serving and taking care of the food was AMAZING. So helpful! She was sweet with the kids, offered to make me a plate, and was just great to have with us on our wedding day. Everything was even more perfect than I had imagined it would be. The food was so delicious! Like I said before, I changed my menu A LOT. I wanted such a variety of things and I was dead set on just "finger foods". I ended up choosing an actual meal, good choice. We had a BBQ meal with chicken and sliders. The spinach dip was heavenly. I could have eaten that all day. They didn't skimp on servings either, we had plenty of food and it lasted us the rest of our trip! I could really go on and on about how awesome Sarasota Catering Co. was to work with. Rita was so helpful and sweet, I felt like I was e-mailing back and forth with a friend. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Alisha G

I hate to say it, but the only sore spot of my wedding was Sarasota Catering Company. I will start by saying that the food was good. The staff that were on site the day of were really great. And the fact that they take care of all the rentals as well is convenient. The planning... Read More and the days leading up to the wedding, however, were the most upsetting and stressful part of the wedding. From the get go, we were assigned Sashi, and I had gotten the feeling that we were a bother and were being rushed away every time. I always left meetings feeling like she was preoccupied with better things to do and that details weren't being discussed unless I remembered to ask/talk about them. We live an hour away from the company, and I was really bothered that while I had committed to a total of two hours of driving to meet with them, that I was being rushed to wrap up everything in thirty minutes. I pushed through because they still seemed my best option. Unfortunately though, I came to find a week or two before the wedding that Sashi would be out of town during my wedding and that everything would be handed off to someone else. Not a big deal, as long as all the details have been attended to, right? Days before my wedding I was getting frantic calls about all that had not been handled. That I would have to pay for a tent for several thousand dollars. I also was told that they only just realized my wedding was a holiday weekend and that there would be an additional charge to return the rental items even though my contract showed a $0 balance. I felt like I was being squeezed for more money, or at the very least being dumped with bills from their poor planning and lack of foresight. I had this date booked nearly nine months out. The holiday didn't spring out from nowhere, and that wasn't my oversight. I held my ground that we would not use nor pay for a tent, but they wouldn't budge about the rental return fee. I relented and paid the "discounted" $100 worried that they would not treat me the same or wouldn't come if I didn't pay. Then the day of, lots of little mistakes popped up. Both sets of chairs didn't make it. Napkins weren't set as requested. These things weren't described on my order sheet for day of staff. It all points to lack of attention to detail. Sashi rushed the details of my wedding and ultimately it all became my problem rather than theirs to correct, surprise bill and all. I felt taken advantage of and abused. Perhaps if I had more cash for the day of coordinator, they would have treated me more fairly. I can't recommend this place. Maybe you won't have the same experience as me, but if you do, you were at least warned - make sure you pay attention to the details, because they won't.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Chelsea K

Sarasota Catering Company was so great! Dealing with Sashi was a real treat. She understood how crazy it is to plan a wedding and was easy to contact and worked with me as often as I needed her. She was so good at rearranging and editing things so that we got what we wanted... Read More within our budget. And the food was so good! I loved all the appetizers (salad and dinner was great too!)

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Jami S

We used Sarasota Catering Company to cater the food for our beach wedding reception & were very pleased with both the professional staff and the delicious food! Sashi was wonderful throughout the process and was super flexible about our needs. The server was also amazing and our... Read More guests paid her &the food many compliments. We would highly recommend this company!! Thank you for making our reception a wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Heidi R

My husband and I used Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding on May 6, 2017! Sarasota Catering Company exceeded our expectations. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff made sure that myself and my husband got to try the appetizers and continued to bring... Read More us drinks while we were away doing photos. Our wedding guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how pleasant everyone on the Catering staff was. Sashi was our day of Coordinator and hands down the best! We could not have had such an amazing, well organized wedding without the help of Sashi. Sashi was responsive days before the wedding when other vendors where requestion additional items and little changes had to be made. Sashi helped us on rehearsal night instructing the wedding party on order and providing us with information on traditional weddings and how to conduct the ceremony. Sashi stuck to our timeline and made the whole day and evening run smoothly. Sashi made sure that we had to go boxes of food, which was a request from us, to take back to our hotel that evening. Sashi set up all our DIY wedding decor and communicated with all vendors. The venue we rented had strict rules requiering us to be out within an hour after the reception. After send off my family said they came back inside the reception area and it was already 75% cleaned up and that they got out of there in time and everyone was very satisified with the clean up experience. We highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company and Sashi as the day of coordinator.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Caitlin Z

Food was incredible and affordable! Everyone working was courteous, professional, and helpful. And they were very flexible with what we wanted! Plus the bartender rocked it! Not having to think about the bar was the best part... they supplied EVERYTHING!

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Michele E

We absolutely loved Sarasota Catering Company! We used them for our brunch wedding at the Edson Keith Mansion. Sashi was our day of coordinator, and she was wonderful. She worked with me for a month or two prior to the wedding to help plan the timeline and ensure that everything... Read More went smoothly. Our day would have been much different were it not for Sashi's incredible attention to detail! Sashi wasn't the only good thing about Sarasota Catering Company: we served brunch at our wedding, and the food was phenomenal. The entire staff was so friendly. We are so happy with everything Sarasota Catering Company did!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Maya V

We loved using Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding! Sashi was our day-of-coordinator but she did so much more than just the day-of. She understood our vision for the decor and carried it out to perfection. She was responsive and accommodating. We were planning our wedding... Read More from afar (living in DC) but the distance didn't feel like an impediment. And the food was AMAZING! We had multiple guests compliment all the food throughout the evening and the next day. I'm vegan and the chefs at SCC worked with me to make the most delicious vegan meal that wasn't your standard pasta - one of my guests even asked me for the recipe (chickpea sheperd's pie). The servers were professional, prompt, and just a joy to work with. We also did all of our rentals (linens, chairs, dinnerware) through SCC which made it easier for coordination and one less thing to worry about as a bride. Sarasota Catering Company truly helped make it the best night ever!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Marissa M

We had an outdoor wedding and the Sarasota Catering Company team did an excellent job! The food was delicious and they had a ton of choices. Sashi was very helpful in narrowing down our menu options and ensuring all details were documented. The staff took care of us all night,... Read More and they were so polite. I highly recommend the Sarasota Catering Company for your next event!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Stephanie D

Choosing Sarasota Catering Company as our caterer and Sashi Twarogowski as our event coordinator were two of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding in Sarasota, FL. We chose this company over the catering company that was suggested by our venue because we... Read More immediately had a great feeling about them after our initial meeting. Once we tasted the food, that decision was even further solidified. The food and service was amazing. We received several compliments about how good the food and the desserts were and how quickly the servers got the meals out to all of the tables (we had 140 guests). Last but not least, our experience with Sarasota Catering Company would not have been as enjoyable as it was had it not been for our catering sales contact/day of event coordinator, Sashi. Sashi went above and beyond from the first day we emailed her with our inquiry. She coordinated almost all details of our wedding, booking several of our vendors for us to save us the hassle. Sashi was incredibly patient, attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. When the day of the wedding came around, we had zero worries and were confident that everything would be executed exactly as we had hoped. Sashi cover every last detail making the wedding completely stress-free for both us and our families. I cannot say enough good things about this company and Sashi and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Sarasota area!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rebecca M

Things started off really well with Sarasota Catering Company. We really liked Allison – she was very personable, flexible and accommodating. Then, Allison left, and things started to go downhill. For one, Sashi never mentioned to us that we had not already paid for plates and... Read More silverware for our wedding reception. In fact, the plates and silverware were listed in our contract, but because there was no price associated with them, apparently they were not included in our contract, and we had not paid for them (those seem like pretty important items for a caterer event). Our wedding coordinator was actually the person who discovered that we were missing plates and silverware…two weeks before the wedding! Gabe and I had to order our own online, as the catering company wanted to charge almost $300 for disposable plates and silverware! The day of the event, the catering staff was professional and the food was good. However, after the event, Sashi tried to charge us extra for cleanup. First, I wish the staff labor time had been accurately estimated from the beginning. Two, our wedding was very small (40 people), so I’m not sure why an extra person was unexpectedly needed for cleanup. Finally, Sashi did not tell me that they were charging extra for labor – I went back to our most recent invoice, and found that we were being charged extra. Sashi had no clue where the extra charge came from, and did not tell us that we were being charged extra. After several email exchanges, Sashi finally told us why we were being charged extra. Overall, Sarasota Catering was a decent wedding vendor, but if you decide to hire them, make sure they have all of YOUR bases covered for your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 shelbye s

Sarasota catering was absolutely amazing. Everything they did was so helpful and they made our wedding perfect. Everyone loved the food and raved about it. We worked with Sashi (she helped us as our day of coordinator) and despite all of the craziness that comes along with... Read More weddings, she kept cool and made everything run smoothly. She is very personable and we loved her. Everything was exactly how we dreamt it and we would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jodie P

I cant say enough great things about this caterer! For starters, im sure I was probably one of there annoying brides. hahaha. We made so many changes from the menu, the chairs, the linens, everything. We just could not make up our minds. We worked with Allison and she was the... Read More sweetest person. She listen to every request and was gracious with every change. The food was yummy and everyone had an amazing time. I especially loved the gentleman that followed me around the whole night replenishing my drinks! I never had to go to the bar. haha. Their person touches is what makes them amazing. Thank you Allison and the entire team at Sarasota Catering Company for making my wedding so amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

The Sarasota Catering Company did a fantastic job in catering our wedding reception. Delicious food, helpful staff, communicative sales team and a reasonable price. Absolutely recommendable!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Debra S

Sarasota Catering was truly amazing in every aspect, the food, decor, planning and quality were above my expectations. Allison Whitten was very patient, understanding and professional. She handled everything from beginning to end.I truly had no worries and was able to enjoy our... Read More beautiful day without stress. She made our day special and unforgettable. It was an amazing experience and I would completely recommend Sarasota Catering to any couple wanting a beautiful and peaceful day.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Drew G

Allison and her team went above and beyond to make our special day stress free. They not only set up and cleaned up our venue, but also re-set our tables halfway through the event due to weather issues. The food was raved about by all our guests. We will definitely use them... Read More again for our next event!

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Camielle

I am so so happy we chose to use Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. We wanted a vendor that was near our venue, the Sarasota Garden Club (who were so happy we were using them because they also like working with SSCC and recommend them as a preferred vendor), and we... Read More wanted someone relatively affordable, and who had a decent variety of choices. Well the amount of menu options blew us away from the start compared to other catering menus we had looked at. They were able to convert some dishes to vegan/gluten free for some of our guests but no one even knew the difference but raved about how good it was and that they loved the wide variety of options. Sashi was so easy to work with and helped us make decisions where we were clueless and make sure we didn't need to spend more money than was necessary. I made changes all the up until a week or so before the wedding and Sashi had no problem making changes to the menu or layout. She asked questions about details that had never occurred to us. Everything went very smoothly on Saturday it was a truly lovely day. Everyone said the food was great and presentation was beautiful. The staff were great they checked with me to see if I needed anything and were very fast with getting the cake out. It was very sweet of them to have boxed food up for us and then bring out to our car at the end, especially because we really only barely nibbled there so we devoured the food when we got home. My sister told me that after we left break down went very smooth and quickly. I know everyone was around all day but I tell you I barely noticed everything was just so seamless. Thank you and you and your staff so much for making our wedding such a lovely day that went without a hitch and without worry.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Lin K

My daughter's wedding was 3-11-16 at Selby. Allison Whiten worked with us for over a year planning the wedding. She was great to work with and had wonderful suggestions based on her years of experience. I also retained her for the day of which went amazingly smooth and... Read More seamless for a 150 plus guest count. I can't begin to remember the number of compliments I received on the food, which was fabulous, the service and overall coordination.