Sarasota Catering Company

Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

Bow2010

6544 Superior Ave, Sarasota, FL
Serving Sarasota & Bradenton Area

WONDERFUL!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was more than I could have asked for. We took advantage of their catering, bar service and staff, and I would not have done it any other way. From the first time I called to inquire about the services they were professional and always helpful. They took... Read More the time to meet at my venue, discuss our vision and they carried it out to a "T". They were so helpful with set up and tear down and made all of the guests happy and comfortable which was our main goal. The food was delicious and everything looked beautiful when we arrived. Every expectation was met and exceeded. Just wonderful. We wish we could do it all again!

our wedding 12/12/2015

Reviewed on 12/29/2015

I used Sarasota Catering Company for my wedding because after seeing what they were capable of for my sisters wedding it was a no-brainier. Cari McDowell was incredibly flexible, organized and great to work with prior and day of. She kept things in order, and fixed things when... Read More needed. When Cari wasnt available, Allison Whitten stepping in and picked up plans without a hiccup. The food was excellent, catering stuff was great, all the decorations looked great. All in all between Cari, Allison and Sarasota Catering Company/and Staff they made our wedding truly a day to not forget. WE LOVE Y'ALL, AND THANK YOU!!

A dream came true

Reviewed on 12/25/2015

Hi I planned my distance beach wedding all the way from UK to have it on Lido Beach (Sarasota, Florida), I decided to plan it without a wedding planner because of cost reasons and really didn't know where to start. I found myself in a big challenge to plan it all myself until I... Read More found Allison from Sarasota Catering Company. She was an angel she was so friendly and helpful and gave me always a good feeling that everything will be just as I imagine it to be. Weeks after weeks I had new things to worry about I needed contact information about florist, tent, lights... but which to choose? Good that I had Allison she always took the extra step to help even it didn't really had anything to do with her and the catering company. That's why I knew I was in best hands! And then the day came and it was amazing everything was just PERFECT my dream came true, the food was really nice too and the service was excellent. The Sarasota Catering Company team was so lovely and professional they gave you the feeling they just know what they are doing and that the are enjoyed your wedding day too. I would highly recommend ALLISON and SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY to everyone!!!! So glad I found them! Thank you :)

2015-12-30T10:54:47 Response from the vendor

Helena...Thank you so much for the very kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you both the very best!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 shelbye s

Sarasota catering was absolutely amazing. Everything they did was so helpful and they made our wedding perfect. Everyone loved the food and raved about it. We worked with Sashi (she helped us as our day of coordinator) and despite all of the craziness that comes along with... Read More weddings, she kept cool and made everything run smoothly. She is very personable and we loved her. Everything was exactly how we dreamt it and we would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jodie P

I cant say enough great things about this caterer! For starters, im sure I was probably one of there annoying brides. hahaha. We made so many changes from the menu, the chairs, the linens, everything. We just could not make up our minds. We worked with Allison and she was the... Read More sweetest person. She listen to every request and was gracious with every change. The food was yummy and everyone had an amazing time. I especially loved the gentleman that followed me around the whole night replenishing my drinks! I never had to go to the bar. haha. Their person touches is what makes them amazing. Thank you Allison and the entire team at Sarasota Catering Company for making my wedding so amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016

The Sarasota Catering Company did a fantastic job in catering our wedding reception. Delicious food, helpful staff, communicative sales team and a reasonable price. Absolutely recommendable!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Debra S

Sarasota Catering was truly amazing in every aspect, the food, decor, planning and quality were above my expectations. Allison Whitten was very patient, understanding and professional. She handled everything from beginning to end.I truly had no worries and was able to enjoy our... Read More beautiful day without stress. She made our day special and unforgettable. It was an amazing experience and I would completely recommend Sarasota Catering to any couple wanting a beautiful and peaceful day.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Drew G

Allison and her team went above and beyond to make our special day stress free. They not only set up and cleaned up our venue, but also re-set our tables halfway through the event due to weather issues. The food was raved about by all our guests. We will definitely use them... Read More again for our next event!

Reviewed on 3/19/2016 Camielle

I am so so happy we chose to use Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. We wanted a vendor that was near our venue, the Sarasota Garden Club (who were so happy we were using them because they also like working with SSCC and recommend them as a preferred vendor), and we... Read More wanted someone relatively affordable, and who had a decent variety of choices. Well the amount of menu options blew us away from the start compared to other catering menus we had looked at. They were able to convert some dishes to vegan/gluten free for some of our guests but no one even knew the difference but raved about how good it was and that they loved the wide variety of options. Sashi was so easy to work with and helped us make decisions where we were clueless and make sure we didn't need to spend more money than was necessary. I made changes all the up until a week or so before the wedding and Sashi had no problem making changes to the menu or layout. She asked questions about details that had never occurred to us. Everything went very smoothly on Saturday it was a truly lovely day. Everyone said the food was great and presentation was beautiful. The staff were great they checked with me to see if I needed anything and were very fast with getting the cake out. It was very sweet of them to have boxed food up for us and then bring out to our car at the end, especially because we really only barely nibbled there so we devoured the food when we got home. My sister told me that after we left break down went very smooth and quickly. I know everyone was around all day but I tell you I barely noticed everything was just so seamless. Thank you and you and your staff so much for making our wedding such a lovely day that went without a hitch and without worry.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Lin K

My daughter's wedding was 3-11-16 at Selby. Allison Whiten worked with us for over a year planning the wedding. She was great to work with and had wonderful suggestions based on her years of experience. I also retained her for the day of which went amazingly smooth and... Read More seamless for a 150 plus guest count. I can't begin to remember the number of compliments I received on the food, which was fabulous, the service and overall coordination.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Kendall L

So I thought about posting this review for awhile and I contemplated whether or not I should do it. After talking to the owner and only still receiving a minimal amount for their mistakes I still firmly believe that we were not compensated correctly. At my wedding I was notified... Read More that Sarasota Catering Company had ran out of chicken. At this point only myself and my husband had been served so that was definitely confusing to say the least. I decided to find out for myself what was going on. I went to talk to the servers and was told that they actually forgot the chicken. I told them that they needed to go to every single person who ordered chicken and determine what they would like instead. Our options were either steak, fish, or chicken and most that ordered chicken did so because they did not like the other options. Around 15, 20 minutes later it still seemed as if not everyone had their food. A server approaches me and lets me know that actually they just mislabeled the chicken and that they do have it. At that time, some guests are already eating what they didn't really want or ordered. Also when Jesse and I first sat down at our sweet heart table our appetizers were waiting there for us and everything was cold. This was disappointing and we had to just skip out on those. I believe they should have been held for us until we arrived. Also I have heard from family that their appetizers were as well cold and meals were lukewarm. This was even more disappointing. I also, during the entire event was never aware of who the event captain was. When I have to pay for an event captain I would expect to know exactly who they are, but no one ever introduced themselves to me or my husband. Around two-three weeks after the event, I had to call Sarasota Catering Company because they had yet to call me to apologize or offer any type of compensation. Allison, though very nice, was only able to give me a refund for half of the chicken back which was not much, around $350. She said that she didn't think the owner would want to give us anymore than that. She supplied me with his email so I could talk to him myself. I sent an email to the owner and though he expressed his concern he only offered me back about another $350 for some of the appetizers. In my opinion getting only $700 back was not enough, especially since we spent almost $5000 on the entire event. When I pay for a package I expect the entire package and for everything to go smoothly. Sadly, nothing went smoothly with this catering company. As I thought about it after talking with the owner, I realized that we should have received an exceptional amount of compensation. If they claim to be such a great catering company they should make their customers happy even if they caused issues at their event. To them it seems to be about the money and not about their customers. Them telling me that nothing like this has ever occurred does not mean anything to me and my wedding. I would advise people to really take hiring this company into consideration before doing so, because if something like this happens at your wedding, rare or not, they aren't very likely to make you satisfied in the end.

2016-01-27T16:17:03 Response from the vendor

When dealing with complaints we try to weight the fault and inconvenience with any refund that the is deserved or desired. In this case in became apparent that regardless of the fact that everyone was fed and many enjoyed the food that unless we gave... Read Less Read More

Allison is AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2015 Sheena A

Where to start... Allison is AMAZING!!!!! We chose Sarasota Catering company to cater our wedding and also hired Allison as the coordinator. Allison completely blew us away. She went above and beyond. We met with her several times to go over the menu and venue. The entire... Read More wedding went off without a hitch. We seriously can't find one thing to complain about. I can't say what a relief it was to know everything was taken care of and that my bride wasn't stressing out or worried. We really can't thank you enough, Allison is very very very highly recommended! Josh & Sheena

2015-12-30T10:55:56 Response from the vendor

Sheena and Josh, What can I say about the two of you! Thanks so much for the glowing review. You were SO easy going, and absolutely wonderful. I wish you both nothing but the best, (and hope Josh catches lots of big fish!!!). Please keep... Read Less Read More

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Ian E

We got married this past Saturday and I LOVED working with Sashi and her team! Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the service was amazing! We got to the reception after our ceremony to find everything set up exactly how we wanted it, and I was particularly... Read More impressed with the individualized attention me and my husband were given by the staff. Kuddos!

Sashi and Aimee AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

WE CANNOT SCREAM LOUD ENOUGH FROM THE ROOF TOPS ON HOW MUCH WE LOVED SARASOTA CATERING COMPANY!! We hired them as our catering company but they ended up being so much more. They not only truly helped out in crisis but in the fun moments as well. They contracted our lighting... Read More (Affairs in the Air- loved them), US Tent Rental (beautiful linens and the feasting tables were PERFECT). Aimee was also hired on to be our day of coordinator and turned into our week savor. Sashi was my girl from day one and made everything smooth with the contract. Our one contract with SCC had all our vendors on it, one bill was extremely nice!! Just meet with these AMAZING ladies and you will have no doubt in your mind on who you need by your side on this most important day....oh yea, besides your better half :)

Fantastic team

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Diana G

We could not be happier with the service we received from SCC. Allison, our day of coordinator was the best, nicest and honest person to work with. She made our day go through without a hitch. The staff was fantastic. Our guest had nothing but great things to say about the... Read More food and how accommodating the staff was. I recommend them to everyone.

2015-12-30T10:58:25 Response from the vendor

Diana and Chris, LOVED your Christmas Card!!! China looks like such a good girl! I loved being a part of your very special day! Please keep in touch and may 2016 bring wonderful things your way. Lots of love!

Sarasota Catering Company.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 L W

Sarasota Catering Company catered our wedding reception on September 5th, 2015. We expected good food and well mannered staff, but what we got was so much more. Sarasota Catering Company were incredibly polite, exceptionally professional, well beyond experienced and went... Read More above and beyond in all aspects. From simply noting what our guests liked, to moving a large portion of our function inside and out of the rain without prompting, it was obvious to us that they surely know their stuff. We highly recommend Sarasota Catering Company to all in need of a professional catering service. We are beyond ecstatic about their performance, and feel confident that you will not be disappointed with your selection.

The Perfect Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015

Allison Whitten with Sarasota Catering Co was very attentive to every need that we had for our wedding. I loved the attention to detail that she provided and the way she really made us feel like it was OUR special day! The food was incredible and the staff was very professional... Read More but friendly. I will definitely recommend them to anyone!!!!!

2015-12-30T11:00:30 Response from the vendor

Debbie and Tom, Things have finally slowed down enough for me to respond to your very kind review! I am so glad that you felt special on YOUR day. Thank you so much for the glowing recommendation. Happy 2016 to the both of you!~

IMPRESSIVE

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Sashi was a GOD-SEND. We could not be more pleased with the care and effort that she put into making our wedding day so memorable. Many of our wedding guest raved about how hard she worked to ensure everything was perfect. My husband and I got more than what we asked for. The... Read More waitstaff was also very accomdating and attentive to our needs and everyone felt that the food was great. Many of our guests wish to have Sarasota Catering Company plan abd serve at some of there remote events in Florida because of the spirit of excellence shown at our wedding. Our wedding day is more memorable because of Sashi and Sarasota Catering Company. We thank them.

2015-07-30T10:27:38 Response from the vendor

WOW! I'm just so blessed that I was there to experience such a beautiful moment between family and friends. Many thanks to you both for including me in your special day!

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

My husband and I worked with Sashi from Sarasota Catering Company for our wedding. The service we received was amazing! Sashi always got back to us very quickly and was very friendly. She helped me pick the rentals that we would need and that would fit our theme for the wedding.... Read More The service was great and so was the food! We absolutely loved the food!! It's been a week since the wedding and we are still getting comments about the food and awesome service that was provided by the staff.

2015-07-30T10:17:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Rebecca! You were absolutely amazing to work with as well. I wish you both the very best and hope you both can get away together soon!

Allison Whitten- Sarasota Catering Company, EXCEPTIONAL!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was absolutely AMAZING!! My husband and I had a destination wedding in Siesta Key, FL and Allison from Sarasota Catering helped us coordinate EVERYTHING. From the menu selections to the tent rental, they will help piece together your special day. This... Read More really eliminated the back and forth with multiple vendors, relieving some of the stress of planning a wedding from afar. Allison is very professional, knowledgeable and was so extremely patient with us throughout the whole process. She helped guide decisions based on our vision and had great recommendations to round out the wedding vendors needed. Allison is incredible, she was there for the duration to ensure that our wedding went off without a hitch. She nailed every detail and I wish everyone reading this could actually comprehend the effort she put into making our wedding day perfect. The food was exquisite, everyone was very impressed with the quality of the dishes served at our beachside reception. They had an amazing service team that went above and beyond to fulfill our every need. Our wedding guests are still talking about the food and quality of the event delivered. Thank you Allison and Sarasota Catering Company for being apart of our wedding. Allison will always have a special place in our heart, we could not have asked for anything more.

Everything Was Perfection!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Sarasota Catering did an incredible job for our wedding. From the planning with Allison, right through to the execution, everything went like clockwork. They seamlessly made the transfer from champagne and hors d’oeuvres on the dock for the ceremony to the house for the... Read More reception and buffet. Not only was everyone on the team totally professional, but also very good to work with. As great as the team was, the food was every bit the match for them. It was great to wake up the next morning and have the house look like nothing had happened the night before. We will definitely recommend Sarasota Catering to all our friends! Alan & Reg

Recommend to others for wedding

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

Sarasota Catering Company provided great service leading up to the wedding and the staff at my reception was top-notch. My attending family was impressed by the quality of the wait staff. Our banquet master and concierge was wonderful. Thanks!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Sommer W

Though we ultimately did not end up going with this particular company they were a great group to work with. They were wonderful communicators and accommodating when I realized that I had made a mistake. I would definitely work with them again given the opportunity. PS. Ask for... Read More adjustments on the menu. They will accommodate that as well, to make sure the food is exactly what you want for your event.

Amazing Job Done By Sarasota Catering Company

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Stephanie L

The Sarasota Catering Company provided catering services, as well as day-of-coordination, for our wedding at Selby Gardens in Sarasota, FL. Cari and Allison helped to plan every detail prior to the event and provided fabulous recommendations for our other vendors as well,... Read More including florist, lighting, cake baker, and officiant. They helped to make our day absolutely magical by handling all guest questions, organizing us to move to a different location during a brief rain shower, and making us feel like guests at our own ceremony and reception.

Wonderful !!

Reviewed on 3/19/2015

Sarasota Catering Company was such a wonderful companyto work with and they really made our wedding night perfect! I worked closely with Cari and she helped us to get all the details together to make our vision come through in everything from the floor layout to the meal... Read More itself. The servers on our day were so kind and I really felt like everyone was happy to be there and happy to celebrate with us and all the guests. They were very accommodating, and I really felt that it was well worth the cost... Speaking of the cost they are really affordable and provide much more personal service than some of the other places I interviewed before picking a caterer. I would pick them again in a heartbeat!! Thanks guys !