Sean Marshall Lin Photography

Philadelphia/Destination

Creative International Award-winnging Photographer

Sean Marshall Lin is a creative wedding photojournalistic and artist. He has photographed more than 300 weddings worldwide and believes in giving his clients the highest quality images (at any price) while balancing with a fun and exciting experience.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

2200 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA Philadelphia/Destination

Sean is our DREAM photographer!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Jenn T

Sean was incredible - we definitely got much more than we banked for, worth every penny and then some! Photos were absolutely timeless, we couldn't even believe it was us! His photojournalistic talent (for those who are not familiar) truly captivated our wedding day the way we... Read More want to remember it. The way he took our moments we didn't even need a videographer because they were not so much posed photos as they were moving moments in time. They were sentiments and feelings caught on freeze framed camera... I want to have another wedding just to hang out with him again - wonderful guy and great to work with!

Amazing photographer!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Lauren K

Sean has photographed many of our friend's weddings so we knew how great his work is! Sean's professionalism and kindness make you feel at ease on your wedding day. His work speaks for itself when you look at his artistry. An amazing experience and would highly recommend his... Read More services for anyone looking for the best photographer in the field. Great guys inside and out! Thanks Sean and Ian!!

Couldn't have found a better photographer!

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Tammy S

Sean was AWESOME! Here are all the reasons he was an excellent wedding photographer: *Sean was great to work with before the wedding. I was planning from a distance, and he had a video chat with us beforehand and worked with my schedule to meet in person when I was... Read More available. *On the day of the wedding, Sean and his assistant were wonderful. Sean arrived earlier than expected, but he took some detail photos while we finished getting picture ready. During the ceremony and reception, Sean and his assistant really blended into the background. He instructed us well during the posed pictures after the ceremony, too. *Sean captured so many emotions and interactions between people. Even six months later, we can't get enough of these pictures. *The picture quality was incredible, as expected. He was able to capture such vivid colors (Each of my bridesmaids wore a different color dress in bright shades, and they came out perfectly). The resolution is great, and we were able to print a 12x36 canvas print, no problem. *Sean allows you to reprint and post pictures. This isn't true of all photographers, and it is wonderful. I included photos in each of my thank you notes, and we've printed some canvas prints, 8x10s, and shutterfly books. Additionally, I was able to post a lot of the DIY components of the wedding on my blog. *The turnaround time is great. Sean had the preview up while we were on our honeymoon and got us all the digital prints soon after. We haven't selected all the photos for our professional album yet, but I feel confident saying he'll be speedy with that as well. *Sean is accommodating even after the wedding is over. There were quite a few photos he had processed in black and white that I wanted in color, and he reworked them without complaint. My only advice for brides choosing any photographer is to let them know who is "important" ahead of time. We had a fairly large wedding party, but my siblings avoided the dance floor and are very under-represented in the photos (especially my brother who was with the groomsmen before the wedding, not with me).

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Nicole P

Sean has been amazing from start to finish!!! Sean did our engagement shoot and our wedding. He has this way about him that makes you so incredibly comfortable in front of the camera, because let's face it- most of us aren't models and can feel really awkward in front of the... Read More camera! He is so professional, but makes the photo sessions fun and light hearted. So many people have told us how incredible our engagement pictures are and I'm so pumped to see how our wedding photos turn out! So many of my bridesmaids have upcoming weddings and they all have said "I wish i picked Sean for my wedding"! He is the best at what he does and is a super nice guy!! I would give him a 100 out of 5 stars if I could! Do yourself a favor and pick Sean for your wedding photos, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Angela P

Stunning, unique, amazing quality photos from a genuinely easy going and fun photographer. From the first time we met Sean (and his lovely wife Sophia) for our engagement shoot we knew were in excellent hands. He didn't just mark the occasion, he captured our excitement, love,... Read More and laughter in ways we didn't expect because he clearly captures every couple differently. The actual wedding photos left us speechless with so many tiny moments throughout the day and the larger scenery and urban landscape setting of the day. 5 stars just isn't enough!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jennifer C

Sean and Sophia are absolutely amazing! They shot both our engagement and wedding photos and made us feel so comfortable during our shoot. Our photos look like they could be on the cover of a magazine, they are of such high quality! I wouldn't recommend anyone else but Sean... Read More to someone who is looking for a photographer. He captured every moment just perfectly. Every time I look at our pictures I feel the same emotions as if I am suddenly transported back to the exact moment in time. There are no words to describe how beautiful they came out. Sean is so accommodating and was wonderful to work with. He made sure that our wedding album was everything that we wanted (and more)! Having Sean as our photographer was one of the best decisions we have ever made.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Valarie R

I met with several photographers before meeting with Sean. After our meeting, I knew my search was over. Sean was detailed and accommodating, and from the photo’s he showed in his albums and the canvases he had displayed in his studio I was impressed. Sean was easy to... Read More communicate with and always responded to my questions/concerns within a timely manner. More importantly, he was such a pleasure to have around on my wedding day. Sean will pitch in and help where need be. I had a situation while getting dressed and he jumped right in to help me and my mother. He isn’t overwhelming and doesn’t try to control your day which was a huge plus in my book. He gives direction when needed but lets you live out your day and enjoy. Sean came on the party bus with us which was really cool and he captured fun pictures while in transit. My bridal party thought it was awesome that he came with us. His pictures portray the natural beauty that surrounds you on your special day. I couldn’t thank Sean enough after I seen all of my pictures. I was in love and received so many compliments.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Xiaohan C

Sean and Sophia made the perfect memory of our wedding. They were super easy and organized to work with. We met Sean once at the beginning of our wedding preparation and exchanged a few quick emails before the wedding, but we were 100% confident that we were in safe hands. On... Read More the wedding day, Sean and Sophia came to the hotel earlier than scheduled to get set up. It was pouring the entire day, so I decided to cancel the shooting outdoors. Sean was very creative and made a lot of great pictures in the hotel and at the wedding venue before the ceremony. They stayed until the very end of our reception to make sure they could catch the moments of the dance floor and sparkler exits. We had another reception in China three weeks after the wedding in Philly so I asked Sean to have a portfolio of pictures ready by then and he made it in time despite his busy schedule. We loved how all the pictures turned out and got so many compliments from family and friends. We grabbed brunch with Sean and Sophia last wkd and had a great afternoon together! All in all, we would highly recommend Sean and Sophia to anyone who is looking for the best photographer for your lifetime events! Four thumbs up from Frances and Wen!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Sophia C

My husband and I both enjoyed working with Sean and Sophia. We had our small, low budget, family only, wedding reception at my parent's home on a rainy day; and I had been worried that given the weather and humble settings, we might not end up with photos worth mentioning. We... Read More ended up with fantastic photos that held true to the artistic talent that I had fallen in love with when first researching photographers in the Philadelphia area. There were plenty of shots of the gathering as well as family portraits and more formal bride and groom portrait shots. We appreciated their knowledge in guiding us comfortably through various locations and scenes for the portrait shots. Guests also commented on their professional ability to know when to make themselves present throughout the day and know when to fade into the background.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016

Sean was great to work with! We planned our wedding from across the country, and Sean made the process seamless. We were so comfortable with his communication and portfolio, we made all of the bookings and arrangements without even meeting him in person. He has provided our... Read More friends and families endless memories of the greatest night ever!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Katie M

Sean was absolutely AMAZING! Words can't even describe how incredible our engagement and wedding photos are. Trusting someone to document every aspect of your wedding day is scary but we seriously could not have chosen a better photographer than Sean. He was so easy to work... Read More with and made us feel so comfortable. He captured our day so perfectly. We have gotten a TON of compliments on our pictures and even had friends who are married say they wished they had Sean as their photographer.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Amy K

Sean and Sophia are the best! We are so lucky to have found not only the most amazing photographers but truly awesome people as well. It's no wonder that after meeting them, you'll just know that you want to share one of your most important days with them. You can't go wrong... Read More with them!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Stephanie D

Let me begin by saying that I am Type A with everything in my life! When I initially began to plan my wedding, my biggest concern was photography. My husband and I decided to forego a videographer (as we truthfully admitted we may only watch it a few times and we were... Read More constrained to a tight budget) so we wanted to find the most fabulous photographer to capture our moments throughout the night! Sean and Sophia did not disappoint! They had come highly recommended from friends of ours and I also met with Sean and was able to look through his previous portfolio of client pictures. I can honestly say this was the easiest part of planning my wedding because I immediately loved his work! Throughout the day, we barely even knew that they were there and they worked effortlessly to capture all of our couples pictures so we could make our full cocktail hour (who doesn't want to be there for that? I've known many companies who occupy the bride and groom for the entire time). My venue even liked his shots so much that they included one on their own Knot page!! Needless to say, if you're anything like me, look no further! I would rate 6 stars if The Knot had that option. Thanks Sean for fulfilling all of our wedding expectations :)

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Danielle H

My wife and I were BLOWN AWAY by how fantastic our photos came out!! We could not be happier! Working with Sean was a breeze, he made us feel very comfortable right from the first meeting. On top of taking phenomenal photographs, he is incredibly friendly, easygoing and... Read More professional. You can tell that he really enjoys capturing these special moments. We just can't say enough how happy we were with Sean!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015

I came across Sean Marshall Lin through an online search, and was instantly obsessed with his work. Sean is not your typical run-of-the-mill wedding photographer. He is a seriously talented artist. My husband and I booked him before we even had our wedding venue. Not only is he... Read More really creative and just unbelievable at taking photos, but he is one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet. Both Sean and Sophia are the ultimate dream team. They captured every single moment of the day, and told our story in the most beautiful way. That sounds really cheesy, but I can’t find the words to describe just how impressive and special every single one of their photos were. They were just beyond anything we could have ever hoped for, and our expectations were REALLY high. Sean’s style is very distinct and it is what sets him apart from all the others. On the wedding day, him and Sophia made everyone feel so comfortable and were so respectful of the videographers, but weren’t shy in getting people/things out of the way for the perfect shot. He instantly knows what’s going to work, sets it up and I swear gets the perfect shot right away. Photographers who may not be as experienced take multiple shots of the same thing, but not Sean. They are soooo good at candid shots too! We opted for an unplugged wedding ceremony, which just goes to show you how much faith we had in Sean and Sophia to capture everything, and they did not disappoint! They may have cost a bit more than your typical wedding photographer, but it is 100% worth it. Your wedding day will fly by, and you will think that you forgot certain parts of the day, but looking back at the photos, you relive it all over again, and have these memories to cherish forever. Trust me, this is not something you want to skimp on for your wedding. It is quite possibly THE most important vendor of the day. If he isn't available on the day you want to get married, my suggestion is to find a new date! He's that good!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 katrine f

Sean and Sophia are AmAzInG and have a great gift of capturing genuine moments in an artistic way. When I came across their portfolio online (this was 2 years before I had gotten engaged) I knew that if I was ever going to get married, I wanted them to capture it! We are so... Read More impressed with the photos from our wedding day and couldn't be more happier with our decision.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Melissa K

Sean is an incredible photographer! He is amazingly talented and an overall great guy. Finding a photographer was one of the more difficult, time consuming aspects for me while planning our wedding. We we're working on a fairly small budget, but finding a good photographer was... Read More one of my top priorities, after all, the pictures are what you'll have to look back on years from now. After searching for images of our venue, I was immediately drawn to the photos of previous weddings that Sean had worked. I did a little more research, got some word-of-mouth reviews, and soon realized he was the one! He shot our engagement session and wedding and we were thrilled with the results! He was so easy going and accomodating. He genuinely wants you to have great photos. Due to a miss communication, our videographer didn't make it for our first look. Sean immediately offered up his phone (which shot great quality video) so we could have the moment filmed. It was a pleasure working with him. His artistic eye is very evident in his work and he does not disappoint!

Incredibly talented

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Samantha C

Sean Marshall Lin and his wife Sophia were absolutely incredible. We knew right away after meeting them at their home that they were the photographers for us. They immediately made us feel comfortable and at ease which is so important with a photographer since this is the... Read More vendor you will spend the most time with on your big day. We had so much fun with them while shooting our engagement photos and the pictures were gorgeous. As the wedding approached, Sean was so helpful and understanding with all of my crazy bride questions. They were so great to work with on the day of the wedding and when we got our photos back we were blown away. Their creativity and attention to detail is unbelievable. I can honestly say that choosing SML was the best decision in our wedding planning process!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Sean was the photographer for both our engagement photoshoot as well as for our wedding ceremony and reception. He was an absolute pleasure to work with for all our events! For the engagement shoot, he drove up from Philly to New York City and walked around with us for hours... Read More taking photos. He kept the photoshoot very natural and low key the entire time, joking with us and never forcing poses. He even stayed later in the evening than originally anticipated to ensure we got all of our shots done! For the wedding, he and his assistant were both incredibly professional in the background but fun at the same time. They did a great job catching all of the BEST action shots throughout the evening, as well as perfectly capturing the beauty of the venue and all of the hardwork that was put into making the event special. Though he prefers more natural photos (they are the best!), he was still willing to take as many set photos of our families and groups of friends as we wanted. And of course, once again, Sean stayed later than originally planned to ensure all the highlights of the evening were snapped. He is incredibly talented, a great guy all round, and a perfect professional. Sean was a fantastic photographer; my husband and I would recommend him a million times over to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Jessica M

We could not have asked for a better photographer. Sean photographed two of our friend's weddings and they're pictures were beautiful, that's why we chose him. We used Sean for both our engagement photos and for our wedding and for each one our pictures were and experiences... Read More were perfect. Sean is a true artist. He captures so much love and emotion in his photos. Although we couldn't be everywhere and with every person during our wedding, we felt that we were when we saw all of our photos. Sean is also just a great person and a joy to work with. He makes you feel very comfortable and certainly calmed a lot of my nerves during the hectic times of our big day!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Jodi F

Before we even set a date, we checked with Sean to see what days he was available… Sean had photographed my step-sister’s wedding 2 years earlier and when I got engaged I knew I wanted him as our wedding photographer as well. I was more concerned that he would be available,... Read More rather than where or when we would get married. I am a scrapbooker and needed amazing wedding pictures! They are better than I could have even imagined. Sean was so easy to work with. He has an amazing eye and captured everything I wanted. Of course he took all of the traditional family pictures that we requested, but what he really captured was the emotion and memories of the day. We received a few preview photos shortly after the wedding and the rest were soon to follow! We have so many wonderful pictures to choose from, we are still working on narrowing the images down for our album. I highly recommend Sean to anyone looking for amazing wedding photos! He truly is the best!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Stacey W

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Sean Marshall Lin! We live in another state than where we were married, and Sean Skyped with us ahead of time to plan the day's schedule, listen to our ideas, give us great advice, and answer all of our... Read More questions. He was also very responsive via email. On the day of the wedding, Sean was unbelievable. He arrived ahead of schedule and I don't think I saw him sit down once. He was fun, funny, energetic and efficient during the bridal party and family photos, putting everyone at ease. During the ceremony, he was able to capture all of the details and emotion while remaining discreet. He has a true creative eye, and his artistry and aesthetic sense can be seen in all of our photos. We received our preview photos about 3 weeks after the wedding and the rest of the photos about a week after that. I have received endless compliments about how our photos look like they are from a magazine, are the most beautiful wedding pictures anyone has ever seen, etc. If you are looking for a wedding photographer who is professional, dependable, creative and intelligent, then Sean is your man!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Tiffany D

Sean & Sophia were by far the best vendors we dealt with at our wedding! I cannot describe how happy we are that we chose them. Being that my husband is a wedding photographer himself it was very important for us to have the best and that is what we got with Sean & Sophia! They... Read More exceeded all of our expectations! We have gotten endless compliments on our engagement & wedding pictures... Loved the turn around time on the pictures as well! Can't say enough good things about them!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Dana U

We have booked Sean for our engagement session and for our wedding. I met with him in person, where he showed me his beautiful work. I have looked through his photos through the custom albums and the canvas prints. I was so shocked by the amazing quality! Even though his photos... Read More are absolutely STUNNING on his website, the computer screen doesn't do the photos its justice. They are absolutely breathtaking in person!!!! The engagement session was so much fun! He made us feel so comfortable and guided us through the entire thing. When it came to my wedding... oh boy! They have captured everything I have felt that day! I relive my day over and over again with these photos. And I like myself in every single photo! He was so candid, half of the time while looking at our photos we had no idea he was there! You will not regret booking him, he provides the BEST QUALITY service you can find. My bridesmaid loved him so much she has booked him for her wedding in 2016!!! Also, Sean works really fast and I got all my photos within weeks, while brides that have gotten married before me were still waiting for theirs! And last but not least, Sean and Sophia are amazing people and great friends! Working with them was such a joy and I will absolutely recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

Sean and Sophia helped make our wedding one of the most magical experiences we could have ever asked for! After discovering his work online, we hired them both to join us in Mexico for the big day without ever having met them in person - their work is that good. As most brides... Read More know, the photographer is one of the most important vendors you contract when planning a wedding, so this was a bit scary at first but I'm so happy to say it was one of the best decisions we made! They were professional, kind, comforting and above all very talented. We were very lucky to get married in an exceptionally beautiful setting, and Sean and Sophia went above and beyond to grab us at every opportunity to take advantage of it. I'm typically not a huge fan of formal, posed photos so I was thrilled at how they were able to make the process fun and unique and delivered photos that captured the moments and emotions in such a beautiful, artistic way that goes beyond a typical wedding shot. I can't say enough good things about Sean and Sophia - if you are lucky enough to have them at your wedding, I can promise you that the photos will be stunning and you will enjoy the experience of working with them.