Separk Mansion

Gastonia, NC

Book Your Wedding with Separk Mansion

A BALLROOM IN GASTONIA, NC

Say "I do" at the Separk Mansion in Gastonia, North Carolina. This mansion is considered one of the most romantic venues in the state. The mansion, originally constructed in 1920 and updated in 2013, features Italian renaissance architecture, which is reminiscent of the Roaring '20s and The Great Gatsby. The amazing architectural details of this historic location offer you countless opportunities to capture amazing wedding photos. The maximum capacity for this venue is 250 guests. Some of the locations here at which you can host your ceremony include:

The Private Formal Garden. White azaleas, boxwood hedges and cherry florals provide an elegant setting with relaxed Southern charm in the garden. You can host an intimate wedding or a larger ceremony here with hundreds of guests. There are several ceremony locations within the garden, including in the center, under the century-old oak trees or on the granite steps that lead up to the huge pergola.

The Front Veranda. You can also say "I do" on the steps of the mansion under a partially covered veranda. This spot is ideal for smaller gatherings and provides the beautiful backdrop of the house, which creates amazing photos.

Inside the Mansion. You can also choose to exchange vows on the grand staircase or under the sparkling, oversized chandeliers in the main house. With hardwood floors, marble fireplaces and beautiful Italian architecture, the interior of the mansion allows you to host a ceremony free from adverse weather and insects.

When you book a date at the Separk Mansion, there are certain requirements to keep in mind. Outside vendors and caterers are allowed; however, they must be approved by the venue staff ahead of time. All decorations must also be approved prior to the date of the wedding.

Lighting and sound services are provided on site and the venue also provides tables, chairs, linens, glassware and china. When you book your wedding day, you have exclusive use of the mansion, allowing you to determine the ideal location for your ceremony and reception. Parking is provided on site and there is plenty of room for all your guests. High-speed Internet is provided and it is a non-smoking venue.

While you are going to love the grounds and appearance of this mansion, there are a number of additional perks and features offered when you book this venue for your wedding. Some of these include:

• Bridal suite for getting ready
  • Overnight accommodations just one mile away
  • Venue provides tables, chairs and other necessities
  • Beautiful sites for taking wedding photos
  • Three acres of grounds to host your wedding

A Southern Charm- Separk Mansion

Satisfy your Big Day dreams in this romantic Italian Renaissance revival mansion. Dating back to 1919, Separk Mansion features a private, formal garden for ceremonies, a large veranda fit perfectly for cocktail hour, bridal and groom suites and a large main ballroom adorned with crystal chandeliers. We warmly invite you to come experience all of the magic and history that this magnificent mansion has to offer.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Planning, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

209 West 2nd Avenue, Gastonia, NC (704) 266-0014
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Stephanie A

My husband and I got married at Separk Mansion on May 6, 2017 and it was nothing less than perfect! From my first tour at Separk, I knew it was where I wanted to get married. It it absolutely stunning inside and out, with character at every turn and in every room. I loved having... Read More the extra large bridal area upstairs that was separated from the grooms/groomsmen's area. The grand staircase makes for beautiful photos and the perfect grand entrance. Brittanie, and everyone at Separk, made planning my wedding so easy and so fun. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect experience. We chose their "all-inclusive" package with some upgrades and it was one of the best decisions I could have made in planning my wedding. All of the vendors that work with Separk are professional and produce quality services. It made the planning part so stress-free for me. For things that weren't included in the package (such as photographer and DJ), Brittanie helped to coordinate those times and communicate with everyone, making sure all vendors were on the same page. We truly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding experience. Thank you so much to Brittanie, Kinsey, Tim, and Shannon for helping make mine and my husband's wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Jennifer W

From the day we toured Separk until we left as husband and wife, everything exceeded our expectations! The mansion and grounds are beautiful. The layout and options for indoor or outdoor made weather a non-issue. The décor, food, cake, and just over all attention to detail... Read More were wonderful. Brittanie, our coordinator, was one of the most pleasant people I have ever worked with. She made the entire process so easy. I can truly say I was able to just breath and enjoy the days leading up to and the wedding day knowing she had it under control! All in all, I had the perfect wedding to the most perfect man for me!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

Beautiful, amazing, elegant, luxurious, tasteful, fantastic, were just a few of the words I kept hearing our guests use to describe Separk this past Saturday night for our daughter's wedding reception. When we first met with the owner, Shannon, a year ago, we had no idea our... Read More event would turn out so perfect. She carefully explained the entire process and the documents that we signed were very thorough and left nothing undefined. She was very easy to communicate with when we had questions. The best thing she did for us was suggest one of her day of coordinators (DOC). It was truly a delight to work with our DOC Brittanie as well as Holly and their other staff members. We were a little different in that we were having our ceremony at a church 25 miles away, so we were not on site the day of to finalize all of the tiny details. Brittanie called ALL vendors at least twice to insure they knew what to do, when to do it, and where to do it. We took to SUV loads of decorations and props over the day before and reviewed with Brittanie approximately where we would like it placed. We were a little worried that it wouldn't be just like we wanted but we were so wrong. She text us pictures on our way over and they were perfect. When we arrived it was as if our daughter had been transported into the dream she had had on many occasions. The best part about working with Separk and their staff was that my wife and I got to enjoy the event. We let Brittanie worry about what was going on behind the scenes and we spent time with our guests and enjoying the night. We had an absolute blast and would not change a single thing if we were doing it again this weekend. My friends know that I am one to try and pinch pennies, but for this event we hired the best caterer, the best florist, the best photographer, the best baker, and we had the event at the best location in the Charlotte area. I spent way too much money and blew the budget that I swore we would keep, but we created so many good memories this past weekend it was all worth it! You only get one opportunity to do your daughters wedding right, and Separk helped us surpass our expectations. Cheers Y'all!!!

2016-06-24T17:01:28 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with such a sweet familly! We are so thrilled we made all your wedding dreams come true!! -The Separk Mansion Team

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Christina W

Separk Mansion was a dream come true for my husband and I. If you are looking for Southern Elegance, look no further! The property is absolutely beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. Brittanie, the wedding coordinator, was amazing to work with! She was very responsive... Read More and offered great ideas...if you ever get the chance to work with Brittanie, you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend Separk Mansion!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Chelsea G

Separk was dream come true! I honestly can say our wedding/reception was magical and flowed smooth and perfect all thanks to our lovely wedding coordinators that you use through the venue. The staff had everything set up nicely, were there to help us with anything we needed or... Read More forgot the day of the wedding. Our coordinators did a wonderful job of organizing the whole day, making sure things ran on time, interacting with our other vendors and working together as well and dealing with my sometimes crazy family. Also the venue it self is absolutely stunning, with tons of space for guests and is very well kept! I cannot express how happy I am with this venue and making me and my husband's day so perfect! Thank you Separk!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Latasha R

From the first time I walked through the doors at Separk Mansion, I knew this was going to be my wedding venue. Separk is absolutely gorgeous!! The staff is amazing. I was a little worried because I did not hire a wedding planner, but Brittanie an Kinsey went well beyond their... Read More call of duty. They made sure my special day went smoothly and beautiful. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Separk all over again. Again, thanks to Brittanie and Kinsey, my day was everything that I hoped for. thanks to Brittanie and Kinsey, my day was everything that I hoped for.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Katelyn C

Everything was perfect at Separk Mansion! Our wedding was an unbelievable dream come true. Brittanie and Kensie were incredible and we can't thank them enough for all their help and planning. I've gotten tons of compliments on the venue from our photos and I love getting to tell... Read More people about Separk and how wonderful our experience was. Our guests had a blast and were also impressed with the gorgeous venue, staff, food, and atmosphere. We loved every minute from the first meeting to our grand exit!

2017-06-13T14:44:54 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your sweet family! We loved the high energy of your guests and all the personal touches you added to your wedding. It was so great to be apart of your special day!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Rachel Y

Britannie and Kinsey were great to work with! They made sure to cover every detail with me and my wedding planner (Jackie Fogartie) to make sure everyone was on the same page and the day could go on without a hitch. And it did! Separk was the perfect mix of what I wanted in a... Read More venue. A place for everyone to get ready (their bridal suite is perfect!), a site that could host an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and meet our guest requirement (165).

2017-05-10T08:10:14 Response from the vendor

Oh! We just loved working with you and seeing your wedding vision come to life. (We are still obsessing over the fabulous dresses that you wore) Jackie Fogartie is wonderful to work with and made our jobs so easy. Wishing you all the Happiness in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Ashley M

Separk Mansion allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams! The venue, food, decor, and everything else that was included in the all inclusive package was amazing and SO worth it. Brittanie and Kenzie were so helpful and made sure that the wedding planning and the wedding day... Read More were stress free and my family and I were able to enjoy the day with no worries! I highly recommend this venue! You won't be disappointed! Thank you so much Separk Mansion for giving me the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Bethany C

The Separk Mansion gave us the wedding of our dreams! The property was stunning and the team was beyond friendly and accommodating. I would not have wanted to host our wedding anywhere else after experiencing the stunning look and the approachable staff. If you're looking for an... Read More intimate, elegant, unforgettable venue with a personable team I would highly recommend using The Separk Mansion!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Whitney H

This was the first and only venue that my fiance and I looked at while on the hunt for a wedding venue. It was easy for us to choose this space because it fit our personality and style. We are so grateful to the Separk Mansion team for all of their service and expertise to help... Read More us create the wedding of our dreams. We loved that we were able to use the upstairs ballroom for the ceremony and the downstairs space for the reception. It was such an intimate and special time for us to spend with all of our closest friends and family. You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with Separk Mansion... it was the easiest and best decision we made while planning our wedding!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017

From beginning to end of the experience with Separk was absolutely amazing! They are the easiest people to work with and take all the stress out of planning a wedding. Every bride dreams of her grand entrance down the isle and the staircase makes the prefect one. The bride and... Read More grooms suites fit us perfectly and we had a wedding party of 24...The venue makes the best pictures ever, rain or shine! It poured down rain on my wedding day and everything else was so perfect I didn't even notice :) We chose the all inclusive package and it was a great deal and made everything much easier. Wouldn't change a thing! Definitely the ideal wedding venue!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Amy F

Looking for wedding venues in Charlotte can be quite the task- unless you want to book a country club or hotel uptown. Separk Mansion was perfect for our fall wedding.- but is also an ideal venue YEAR ROUND. Rain or shine, hot or cold, this venue has awesome options in case... Read More weather forces you to move things inside. Brittanie is so fun to work with and you can really tell she wants your big day to be perfect. The space is also perfect for Bridal Portraits - really good lighting. One thing I will say- which isn't really a con but with the space being so bare your REALLY need to bring it with your flowers and decor. I had a lot of ideas and Brittanie really helped make everything exactly the way I wanted it. If you're looking for a space for your wedding stop- schedule a tour a see why Separk Mansion is becoming so popular!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Rich N

Excellent planning and wedding services. We were pleased with all the dedication Brittany and her assistant from day 1 through our big day. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Gabriela M

This is where our reception will be held on 1.13.2018

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Emily B

Southern Elegance is what I wanted my wedding to portray and Separk Mansion helped me achieve that. The moment I stepped foot on the property I knew I wanted to get married there. The owners and staff are simply a joy to work with and helped me every step of the way through out... Read More my planning process. I can't rant and rave enough about how smooth everything went on wedding day. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Brittanie, the coordinator, was calm and made sure everything went off with out a glitch! Separk will forever hold a special place in my heart and I can't thank everyone there enough for helping give me the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erin W

Separk helped me bring my dreams to life for my wedding day. Not only was the venue breathtaking, but the staff was amazing as well. I cannot say enough good things about this venue and Brittanie is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Nicole D

We would quickly recommend Separk Mansion to any couple looking to get married. We looked at several venues for our wedding day, but instantly knew after looking at Separk that this was the place. The overall elegance both inside and out is what initially caught our attention,... Read More but the help of our coordinator, Brittanie made the day more special than we could have imagined. We do not have enough positive things to say about the Separk team and would do it again and again if we could! Thank you SO much for making our day so wonderful!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Eric H

Phillip and I held our ceremony and reception at Separk Mansion on 9/24. From the moment we first made contact to after the event, our experience was easy and wonderful. The entire team is a delight to work with and they make every effort to make the planning and day of as... Read More painless and effortless as possible. We chose Separk Mansion not only for it's obvious beauty in the mansion and garden, but for the abundance of space and the versatility that each room holds. It was comforting knowing that we could easily go to a rainy day back up plan and not have our dining and dancing designs impacted. We highly recommend Separk Mansion to anyone considering an event in the Charlotte metro area.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Karen B

My wedding was everything that I dreamed of!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Wesley H

I could not have asked for a better wedding day than the one that Separk Mansion gave me. My husband, Cameron, and I live in South Florida now, and working long-distance with Brittanie at Separk was a dream. As you can imagine, I was a bit nervous as a bride trying to plan a... Read More wedding from 10 hours away. Brittanie was so flexible with setting up conference calls to go over things, meeting with my mother who lives locally in Belmont, and allowing my photographer and I to book a last-minute bridal portrait shoot when we discovered I would be in town long enough to do one. We met twice in person (once about two months before the wedding, and once the week of the wedding), and Brittanie was incredibly accommodating in working with our schedules for when we could meet when we were in town. On our wedding day (Sunday, September 4), everything flowed so seamlessly. Brittanie and staff had a table set up for my bridesmaids and I to have lunch and brought us a bottle of champagne to enjoy while we were getting ready. Anything that I needed to have done or any coordination that needed to happen with the vendors, was taken care of. All that I had to do was relax and get ready, and Brittanie would pop in from time to time to give us a timeframe, see if there was anything we needed, and make sure she was sending the photographer and videographer where they needed to be to capture specific shots that we wanted. I am sure that there was so much going on behind the scenes that we couldn't see, but Cameron and I still cannot stop talking about how perfectly the Separk staff took care of every little detail of our wedding day. Our only job was to visit with friends and family and enjoy ourselves, and Brittanie came and got us or our family whenever we needed to be somewhere else or do something else. Our wedding guests were thrilled with the pure decor of the venue. Separk has a unique combination of the ethereal, romantic garden ceremony space and the expansive, glamorous indoor reception space with large sparkling chandeliers, beautiful hardwood floors with grand staircase, and floor-to-ceiling windows. Our friends and family were able to see Separk's beauty from the surface, but Cameron and I truly had the chance to see Separk's beauty from the inside, as well. Their staff is incredibly caring, loves what they do, and loves to work as hard as they can to make their brides and grooms happy. We are so fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet Brittanie, Shannon, and the rest of the Separk staff and are so thrilled with our decision to have our wedding and reception at Separk Mansion. Would highly recommend to couples looking for a romantic venue that you can truly transform into whatever vision you have for your wedding!

2016-09-22T10:23:19 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with such a sweet family!! Wishing you both all the Happiness in the World!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Sheila S

I just had my wedding recently here, and it went perfectly, thanks in part to the help of Separk. Brittanie, one of the event managers, was a true pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond with any questions I had and made planning easy for me. The venue is absolutely... Read More gorgeous, and while the name says Mansion, it feels intimate. If you are looking for a great venue, please make sure to visit Separk and ask for Brittanie!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Holly S

From the moment I walked into the venue I knew this is where I wanted to get married. The entire mansion is so elegant and fit perfectly with my vision for our special day. My guests and family where in awe when they arrived and I always hear how it was the prettiest venue... Read More they've seen. The venue staff was fantastic and went above and beyond to make sure everything went perfectly. I couldn't imagine having my day anywhere else.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

Beautiful venue! It was a dream. The staff was so helpful in planning and meeting throughout the wedding planning time. Day of coordination is great. Quick responses to emails. The staff was friendly, knowledgable and knows what works well at their venue. They will tell you... Read More their thoughts and work with you to make sure your vision is what you get on your wedding day. They provide a list of great outside vendors as well for cake, food, music, etc. Wonderful & fun venue!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Lisa C

We had a beautiful wedding reception at the Separk Mansion! Everyone we worked with to make this such a special day was very professional and knowledgeable! This venue is beautiful, and Brittanie made sure everything was just perfect! Everyone was very kind, They made us... Read More feel very special! A big thanks to the owners and staff - Job well done!