Book Your Wedding with Separk Mansion

Say "I do" at the Separk Mansion in Gastonia, North Carolina. This mansion is considered one of the most romantic venues in the state. The mansion, originally constructed in 1920 and updated in 2013, features Italian renaissance architecture, which is reminiscent of the Roaring '20s and The Great Gatsby. The amazing architectural details of this historic location offer you countless opportunities to capture amazing wedding photos. The maximum capacity for this venue is 250 guests. Some of the locations here at which you can host your ceremony include:

The Private Formal Garden. White azaleas, boxwood hedges and cherry florals provide an elegant setting with relaxed Southern charm in the garden. You can host an intimate wedding or a larger ceremony here with hundreds of guests. There are several ceremony locations within the garden, including in the center, under the century-old oak trees or on the granite steps that lead up to the huge pergola.

The Front Veranda. You can also say "I do" on the steps of the mansion under a partially covered veranda. This spot is ideal for smaller gatherings and provides the beautiful backdrop of the house, which creates amazing photos.

Inside the Mansion. You can also choose to exchange vows on the grand staircase or under the sparkling, oversized chandeliers in the main house. With hardwood floors, marble fireplaces and beautiful Italian architecture, the interior of the mansion allows you to host a ceremony free from adverse weather and insects.

When you book a date at the Separk Mansion, there are certain requirements to keep in mind. Outside vendors and caterers are allowed; however, they must be approved by the venue staff ahead of time. All decorations must also be approved prior to the date of the wedding.

Lighting and sound services are provided on site and the venue also provides tables, chairs, linens, glassware and china. When you book your wedding day, you have exclusive use of the mansion, allowing you to determine the ideal location for your ceremony and reception. Parking is provided on site and there is plenty of room for all your guests. High-speed Internet is provided and it is a non-smoking venue.

While you are going to love the grounds and appearance of this mansion, there are a number of additional perks and features offered when you book this venue for your wedding. Some of these include:

• Bridal suite for getting ready
  • Overnight accommodations just one mile away
  • Venue provides tables, chairs and other necessities
  • Beautiful sites for taking wedding photos
  • Three acres of grounds to host your wedding

A Southern Charm- Separk Mansion

Satisfy your Big Day dreams in this romantic Italian Renaissance revival mansion. Dating back to 1919, Separk Mansion features a private, formal garden for ceremonies, a large veranda fit perfectly for cocktail hour, bridal and groom suites and a large main ballroom adorned with crystal chandeliers. We warmly invite you to come experience all of the magic and history that this magnificent mansion has to offer.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

209 West 2nd Avenue, Gastonia, NC (704) 266-0014

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Abbi T

My wedding at Separk was everything that I could have hoped for! I was so thankful to partner with Brittanie and Kinsey in making that day spectacular. I chose to get married indoors and on the main level, since it was a December wedding -- in front of the large window,... Read More underneath the chandelier. BEAUTIFUL! After the ceremony, the mansion team flipped the room in less than an hour, while my guests enjoyed a cocktail hour in the upstairs ballroom space. The night had a perfect flow to it, and it beautifully mimicked all that I had hoped for -- It would not have been possible without our gorgeous venue and the incredible team that they have there!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Lindsay Anne H

Our wedding at Separk was absolutely perfect! From the moment we arrived on our wedding day, everything was taken care of. We had the most beautiful suite to get ready in, complete with champagne! The ceremony setup outside was beautiful, as was the reception. It was everything... Read More I imagined. From the start of the planning process to the moment we left, Kinsey and Brittanie were awesome. They have weddings down to a science and seemed to anticipate my needs before I knew them. I would highly recommend Separk. Not only is it a beautiful venue, but they are well-equipped to make the wedding planning process go as smoothly as possible.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Ashley W

We just had our wedding reception at Separk Mansion in October and were blown away by the beauty of the space and by the service of the staff. Brittanie and Kinsey did a wonderful job as our day-of coordinators by orchestrating everything from placing decor to making sure all... Read More the vendors were in the loop about the day-of timeline. All of our guests really enjoyed having the cocktail hour out on the veranda and having the option to take dance breaks out there later that night. I really appreciated having the bridal suite to get ready in the day of. All of my girls got their hair and makeup done there and there was plenty of space for us. My husband and the groomsmen really enjoyed having the football game on while they got ready and we really appreciate Separk setting that up for us. The garden is absolutely gorgeous, and even though we chose to have the ceremony at my church, we took advantage and had a lot of pictures made in the garden. So happy we chose Separk and we are still hearing about how amazing the night was from our guests! Thank you Brittanie and Kinsey!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Lindsay P

Separk Mansion was the best place I could have ever chosen to get married! Our wedding this past February 24, 2018. It was the most amazing day of our lives. All of my friends kept telling me that "something will go wrong on your wedding day, so just expect it." EXCEPT, i ant... Read More didn't. Kinsley and Brittanie at Separk Mansion made sure my day was PERFECT! Nothing went wrong and everything went so smoothly! Kinsley and Brittanie were there for me and my family and guests ALL day and night! It was amazing. Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful the venue is! I couldn't have been happier. I didn't even want to get married in the Charlotte area at first, but when I saw Separk Mansion, I fell in love and knew I wanted to say I DO there. The BEST decision ever!! It was the most perfect day! I am so thankful.

Reviewed on 3/03/2018 Brittany B

After arranging a tour with Brittanie, my fiancé and I were unable to find her for our 2pm appointment. Kinsey told us she was "on a tour and we could just hang out" until Brittanie finished. No problem! We gave ourselves a quick tour, and as I anticipated, I fell in love with... Read More the space. At about 2:40, I was ready to sign on the dotted line, but still no Brittanie. So my fiancé popped back upstairs to ask Kinsey if we should reschedule. She was wrapping up with a client, so she gave us a tour instead. It was during this tour that I realized that my non-negotiable for the day I have been dreaming of since I was 5 years old is customer service, and it is my opinion that this is something this duo is lacking. Brittanie didn't show up for the tour she scheduled with me (and confirmed the day before via email), and Kinsey seemed to me that she was not concerned about what we were looking for in a venue. She made me feel like we were an inconvenience to her for needing attention, which was such a bummer after falling in love with the space. No way in hell would I trust these two with such a special day. I was ready to increase my budget and change my wedding date just to use this space, and the lack of customer service was such a turn off that we will absolutely be using a different venue.

2018-03-07T14:56:32 Response from the vendor

We apologize for your less than positive experience at Separk Mansion during your tour. We acknowledge that you were not given the level of service that you deserve. Unexpectedly, one of our Brides had a personal family crisis and needed our help. We realize this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/25/2018 Kirby K

There aren't enough words to describe what a magical venue this is! Not only is it one of the most beautiful places but Brittanie and Kinsey, the coordinators, are amazing and you want them on your wedding team! If it's making sure the floor set up is right or making sure you... Read More are able to actually get to eat some food at the reception, they are right there the whole time. They made it just that much more special for all of us! I will always recommend Separk to anyone having their wedding in this area. I couldn't be have dreamed of a better place!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Amber D

I am so happy Mike and I choose this venue. Not only is the venue gorgeous but the staff is amazing. Brittanie and Kinsey were so helpful, professional, and personable. They are both so good at their jobs and really helped to make our wedding flawless. Not one thing went... Read More wrong.

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Emily B

Separk Mansion is a beautiful venue to get married at. We looked for a unique venue that was not outrageous in price, and this was the perfect spot.

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Kelly W

Wonderful Venue!! We truly wanted a beautiful, timeless, intimate, natural indoor/outdoor space and Separk checked all of our boxes! The outdoor ceremony was very beautiful with wonderful landscaping that really surrounded you to feel in the moment. A huge plus was the venue had... Read More a large bridal suite and a groomsmen quarters so we could get ready on location. Even more importantly to me, I wanted venue staff that were going to make our big day a fun and relaxing one. Brittanie & Kinsey were AMAZING. They are so sweet and help keep you on track without stressing me out in the least big. They were so helpful and made the big day extremely relaxing for us all. The Separk staff definitely made our experience a great one!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Stephanie G

Brittanie and Kinsey made our day a dream from the very beginning stages of planning until the end of the reception. The venue was absolutely gorgeous (our guests couldn’t stop raving about it) and the service they provided was outstanding. My husband and I can’t thank you... Read More enough for making the best day of our lives even better!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Autumn G

My husband and I got married October 7th and everything turned out beautiful. Everyone was super helpful and nice. I would not change a thing on how everything turned out. I highly recamend this location

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Kate W

Really easy to work with and a great venue. Definitely recommend their all inclusive package if you're looking for a stress (almost) free planning experience.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Melvin M

My overall experience with Separk mansion was quite awesome. The professional appearance and courtesy to me and wife was top notch. Brittanie and her staff where the best and help make my wedding such a awesome and memorable experience. I tell people all the time if your getting... Read More married you should plan your wedding with Separk mansion!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Lauren R

Brittanie and her team did such a great job. I did not have to worry about anything day of. The mansion was so beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Demetria P

Best venue for our intimate wedding. The mansion and grounds were perfect and so accomodating! the staff was really great to work with it. The packages they offer were the best in the area

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Neleigh T

Brittany and the staff at Separk Mansion were great! Our wedding was everything we could have imagined and more! We came to them with a little over a year until our date with no idea of what we wanted and they made everything happen. She made sure to make our wedding planning... Read More experience stress free & fun! Separk is such a beautiful location! Thank you again!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Arra A

From our first tour of Separk Mansion I knew this was the perfect venue for our wedding! The mansion is absolutely gorgeous from the hard wood floors, large windows and stunning chandeliers. We loved the fact that everything we needed was located at the venue! They also offer... Read More and all inclusive package. I am telling you this is the way to go! It makes the planning process a lot easier! All the vendors they use are just as amazing as the Separk staff. The event coordinators Brittanie and Kenzie are and absolute pleasure to work with. They answered any questions I had in a timely manner. We met multiple times before the wedding and they were able to make our dream wedding come true! We were so happy with the result, all of our guest loved the venue ! Brittanie and Kenzie made sure everything was in order so the whole day ran smoothly. They made sure every detail was perfect so I didn't have to stress at all and I was able to enjoy every second of our big day! If you are looking for an elegant venue and a stress free planning process you need to check out Separk Mansion. I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Courtney D

We loved everything about Separk. To the beautiful house itself to the hardworking caring and helpful ladies that are the face of the mansion. It was a pleasure to have our wedding here and we could not have imagined anything better than getting married at Separk Mansion

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Allison S

Separk Mansion is the picture perfect place to get married - from the beautiful getting ready rooms to the stunning ballroom and garden areas, we were so happy to tie the knot at Separk. We had a summer wedding so one of things that drew us to Separk were the multiple indoor... Read More options available. The all inclusive option made the planning so much easier and took a ton of stress off me! Huge thanks to the coordinator Brittanie - you definitely helped make our day perfect!

2017-08-08T13:59:43 Response from the vendor

Allison! THANK YOU FOR YOU KIND WORDS!! Having the ceremony inside was perfect and was a great option due to the warm July temps. Wishing you all the happiness.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Emily N

Being from Gastonia, I knew that I wanted to have my wedding somewhere local that had a lot of charm. After first finding Separk listed as a venue online, I made an appointment to check it out. I walked in, and was blown away by the beauty of the mansion. It was truly... Read More breathtaking. We booked the all-inclusive package soon after, and had the absolute pleasure of working with Brittanie and Kinsey. Every vendor that partners with Separk for the all-inclusive package was wonderful and professional. As someone who often feels overwhelmed about choices, it was so nice that everything was already picked out for us. It was so easy and relieved so much stress. When it came time for our wedding day, Brittanie and Kinsey were absolutely fabulous. While I was upstairs getting ready in the gorgeous bridal suite, the Separk team was making sure that everything downstairs and outside in the garden was perfect. As is typical in June, there was a chance of thunderstorms. Brittanie and Kinsey, as well as my whole wedding party, were watching the weather to see if we had a window of time that we could have the wedding outside. We managed to finish our outside ceremony with rain starting to fall about 5 minutes later. While this could seem stressful, Brittanie and Kinsey managed everything with ease. With the rain came a change in the schedule, but the team at Separk made everything perfect. Currey and I were able to fully enjoy spending time with our friends and family all because of the awesome people at the Mansion. Tears come to my eyes when I think about how wonderful our experience was at Separk. I would do that day over a million times! Thank you for making our best day spectacular!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Christina W

Separk Mansion was a dream come true for my husband and I. If you are looking for Southern Elegance, look no further! The property is absolutely beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. Brittanie, the wedding coordinator, was amazing to work with! She was very responsive... Read More and offered great ideas...if you ever get the chance to work with Brittanie, you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend Separk Mansion!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Chelsea B

Separk was dream come true! I honestly can say our wedding/reception was magical and flowed smooth and perfect all thanks to our lovely wedding coordinators that you use through the venue. The staff had everything set up nicely, were there to help us with anything we needed or... Read More forgot the day of the wedding. Our coordinators did a wonderful job of organizing the whole day, making sure things ran on time, interacting with our other vendors and working together as well and dealing with my sometimes crazy family. Also the venue it self is absolutely stunning, with tons of space for guests and is very well kept! I cannot express how happy I am with this venue and making me and my husband's day so perfect! Thank you Separk!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Latasha R

From the first time I walked through the doors at Separk Mansion, I knew this was going to be my wedding venue. Separk is absolutely gorgeous!! The staff is amazing. I was a little worried because I did not hire a wedding planner, but Brittanie an Kinsey went well beyond their... Read More call of duty. They made sure my special day went smoothly and beautiful. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Separk all over again. Again, thanks to Brittanie and Kinsey, my day was everything that I hoped for. thanks to Brittanie and Kinsey, my day was everything that I hoped for.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Katelyn C

Everything was perfect at Separk Mansion! Our wedding was an unbelievable dream come true. Brittanie and Kensie were incredible and we can't thank them enough for all their help and planning. I've gotten tons of compliments on the venue from our photos and I love getting to tell... Read More people about Separk and how wonderful our experience was. Our guests had a blast and were also impressed with the gorgeous venue, staff, food, and atmosphere. We loved every minute from the first meeting to our grand exit!

2017-06-13T14:44:54 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your sweet family! We loved the high energy of your guests and all the personal touches you added to your wedding. It was so great to be apart of your special day!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Stephanie A

My husband and I got married at Separk Mansion on May 6, 2017 and it was nothing less than perfect! From my first tour at Separk, I knew it was where I wanted to get married. It it absolutely stunning inside and out, with character at every turn and in every room. I loved having... Read More the extra large bridal area upstairs that was separated from the grooms/groomsmen's area. The grand staircase makes for beautiful photos and the perfect grand entrance. Brittanie, and everyone at Separk, made planning my wedding so easy and so fun. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had the perfect experience. We chose their "all-inclusive" package with some upgrades and it was one of the best decisions I could have made in planning my wedding. All of the vendors that work with Separk are professional and produce quality services. It made the planning part so stress-free for me. For things that weren't included in the package (such as photographer and DJ), Brittanie helped to coordinate those times and communicate with everyone, making sure all vendors were on the same page. We truly could not have asked for a more perfect wedding experience. Thank you so much to Brittanie, Kinsey, Tim, and Shannon for helping make mine and my husband's wedding dreams come true!

Meet The Manager

Brittanie and Kinsey

We are Brittanie & Kinsey, the women behind all of the incredible Separk Mansion Weddings! We adore our couples and are so honored to play a role on such a special day. We take great pride in providing the highest level of customer service and always want to exceed our couples expectations. —— A Few Fun Things About Us: 1. You can find us breaking out in dance at all our weddings 2. Our drink of choice.. champagne 3. We always have music playing in the office (we cant work in silence) We can not wait to Celebrate your wedding day with you!