Shew-sical Entertainment Services

Serving Greater DC Area

Make Your Event a Shew-sical Masterpiece!

Disc jockey and karaoke jockey, Shew-sical Entertainment promises to provide high quality services with the personal touch and professional care every client deserves. We have thousands of songs in all genres. Tell us what you want or let us choose for you. We will have your guests dancing!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

116 N. East Street, Frederick, MD Serving Greater DC Area (888) 743-9742

Perfect.

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Amy M

Matt Shew and his wife helped everything run completely smoothly while staying behind the scenes-- he listened exactly to what musical selections we wanted, honored the Do Not Play list, and played music that everyone-- regardless of age-- could dance to. He has a very good... Read More speaking voice for introductions and they made us a cd of all the songs (reception entrance songs for wedding party, first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son, etc) used in our wedding. At the end of the night, we both hugged them-- could not have imagined anyone better!

Absolute Pros!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Courtney O

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole for my wedding day; she was amazing! Everything ran so smoothly, I could not have been happier with how my ceremony and reception turned out! Nicole handled everything for me... which took so much stress off of me during the day and... Read More allowed me to enjoy everything so much more! I had always been told that your wedding day will be such a blur to you since you will be having to deal with so much; but because of Nicole, I was able to not worry about a thing and just enjoy my entire day! The Shew-sical team was so helpful and responsive with all of my questions and requests leading up to the big day, it made me have complete confidence in them before I even met them! 3 weeks after my wedding, and I still haven't stopped hearing comments about how my wedding was the most fun guests have had in as long as they can remember!!

Everyone was dancing!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Kimberly S

Matt did an amazing job!!! I remember turning around and looking and EVERYONE except a hand full of people were up and dancing! I let him do his thing and he picked perfect songs!!! Everything transitioned smoothly! The sound system was great! Couldn't have had a better DJ!!! A... Read More lot of guests commented that he was the best DJ they have ever had at a wedding- and hands down I agree!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Carly P

Our DJ was Nicole Shew with Shew-Sical entertainment and she was the perfect DJ for our wedding. They were affordable and easy to work with for the planning process. I was not a bride who had a detailed plan for every single song to be played throughout the night, so I worked... Read More with the lists they provided and based on what my fiancé and I liked, Nicole was able to make a wonderful mix of music for the whole night. She kept us informed when there were some electricity issues at our venue and had a back up plan for a power outage. She rolled with the punches and mishaps and kept the party going until the end!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Michael O

We had an amazing experience with Shew-sical - one of the simplest and least stressful parts of our wedding was the DJ! We called Matt to request a quote and were so impressed we booked them ASAP. The owners are polite, professional, friendly, and straightforward. We had... Read More contracts and communication when we were told we would (which was not as common among vendors as we thought it would be), and once we were assigned our DJ for the night we were even more thrilled. Our DJ was Tim and he was funny, professional, and perfect for us. He felt like the kind of guy we'd want to grab a beer with later and put us at ease immediately. We wanted geeky flair to our wedding - Star Trek and Star Wars music, Lord of the Rings, you get the idea - and we didn't have to micromanage Tim at all. He knew exactly what playlist to put together for us and kept the party moving during the wedding reception. We would recommend Shew-sical to anyone in the area. Great company, and Tim specifically was a great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Katherine K

Tom was our DJ and we could not have asked for anyone more perfect. He took all of our special requests, ran with them, and turned them into the most awesome evening we could have ever asked for. Thanks again for everything!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Laura S

We had the privilege of working with Nicole Shew throughout the process of planning our wedding and Nicole did an amazing job DJ-ing for our wedding in September. We watched family members and friends we did not know liked to dance spend the evening on the dance floor – and... Read More were later told people danced more at our wedding than they ever have before. We know this is due to Nicole’s incredible talent to feel the vibe of the room and make musical choices accordingly. We also chose to have Shewsical provide the sound for our ceremony outside and music throughout dinner and we feel this really made the entire day so memorable. Nicole was easy to work with, so pleasant and kind, and an overall fun person to be around! Additionally, we feel it’s important to note the incredible difference WOW Lighting made for our venue. We were initially ambivalent about the additional purchase (though very reasonably priced) and we are so glad we made the decision to get lighting for our reception. Nicole assisted us with picking out lights that would look beautiful in our venue and we really feel the lighting helped to make the reception not only scenic but the perfect atmosphere for our guests to have an awesome night dancing. We cannot speak highly enough of Shewsical and Wow Lighting – we are so glad we made the decision to use their services! We really believe Nicole and her talents made our night so fun.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Diana Z

We had our wedding last night and nicole was wonderful! She had everyone on the dance floor throughout the night! Literally people stayed until the lights came on.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Kyle F

Nicole was an amazing DJ! The company was extremely easy to work with. She was so on top of everything on the days/months leading up to the event and then the day of could not have gone better. People were raving about the playlist. She did a great job playing fun, but older... Read More music for the parents and older guests to dance to at first, and then switching to a more current mix of music as the night went on. My friends loved all the music and the dance floor was packed the entire night! She handled a potentially awkward family situation so well and was extremely well prepared. She also provided a microphone and speakers for our outdoor ceremony, which went perfectly as well. She respected all of our 'do not plays' and even came up to me towards the end of the night to see if there were any other songs I wanted to hear before the end of the night! We were thrilled.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Jessica B

I was recently married in Northern VA and we were blessed to have DJ Jeff from Shew-sical Entertainment play for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Jeff played music that set the mood for each part of the wedding and kept the party going through the whole night! He... Read More followed our no-play and please-play song lists as well as guest requests. He also coordinated with our live ceremony musician flawlessly (we had my brother-in-law play our song for the bridal processional) to ensure everything went smoothly. I have received a lot of compliments from our guests about how much fun our wedding was and I know Jeff played a big role in the success of our wedding. We couldn't be happier with the amazing service we got with Shew-sical Entertainment and highly recommend DJ Jeff!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Sarah F

Fantastic! Travis was our personal DJ and he did an amazing job! We had a lot of special songs and special requests and he executed everything perfectly! He even called us ahead of time to double check pronunciation and our itinerary. He was very punctual and prepared on the... Read More wedding day itself and the reception was a blast, hardly anyone was NOT on the dance floor. These are great people to work with!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Elizabeth S

Matt & Nicole were excellent to work with leading up to our wedding! We had a phone call instead of an in-person appointment, and they were lovely. We had Travis as our actual DJ, and he was also wonderful. He played a good mix of music, honored our must plays, and did a great... Read More job at bridging the generational and taste differences we were worried about bringing together in our wedding. All of our guests had a great time!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jenny N

Shew-sical was an awesome DJ choice! They met with us before the Big Day to nail down all the details and pointed out some things we hadn't thought of that we are glad we incorporated. The DJ helped the reception run smoothly, did everything we asked, and more! All the guests... Read More were up and dancing all night long. So glad we picked Shew-sical!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Tamara M

We absolutely LOVED our DJ, Tim!! He checked in with us throughout the night, and kept the dance floor PACKED! We didn't have to worry about anything because he handled it so well. I would recommend Shew-sical to anyone looking for a DJ that can read the crowd, and can make sure... Read More the party is fun and stays fun! The services were so affordable and we are beyond overjoyed!!! Thank you to Shew-sical!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Nicole D

Matt was an amazing DJ! Very friendly and professional and knew just how to get the crowd on the dance floor. He came around before the entrances to confirm the pronunciation of everyone's names, if that's a concern for anyone :)

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Allie O

Perfect DJ! Working with this company was a pleasure. They were very willing to talk to me over the phone about any questions, and were very response to email questions. They sent a list of top songs to help guide us, and a detailed questionnaire to fill out so they knew exactly... Read More what we were looking for. They offered to hold a final consultation at their offices, which we could not make but which we appreciated. The day of, Travis was on time and was wonderful! We were a bit vague on the questionnaire, leaving some decisions up to the DJ, and he played exactly what we liked. We got several compliments on the music, letting us know that this was the single best mix of songs to dance to that they had ever heard. There was a song for everyone, and the dance floor was packed from the beginning to end. He made sure to steer away from our do-not-plays and played our must-plays. The only recommendation I would make to the company that I think would have been helpful is more guidance and examples with the questionnaire. I would have appreciated some common songs for the different ceremony choices and some common choices for the introductions just so we could get a better start. Other than that, everything was perfect, and Travis was excellent!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Kelly M

Best DJ in Frederick!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Betsy L

ABSOLUTELY LOVED SHEW-SICAL!!! Matt did such an amazing job. From our first consultation, my husband and I knew that we had found our DJ. Matt kept the reception flowing without ever making us feel rushed. He worked with our requests for certain songs, and had us dancing to the... Read More perfect playlist. Most impressive was that he took what I thought would be a fairly tame group and had them tearing up the dance floor! One of my friends that was at our wedding has already booked Matt for her upcoming wedding. Endless praises to Matt and his whole team!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Rebecca P

We recently used Shew-sical as our wedding DJ and loved them! We knew they were the right fit after meeting with Matt, the owner. He was easy going and very nice. Dan was our DJ and was also incredibly nice and accommodating. We had one slight glitch during the ceremony but they... Read More have promised to make it up to us! He kept us dancing all night!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Greg E

Incredible, wonderful, hilarious. This company knows how to DJ

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Kevin D

Overall, Shewsical was indeed fantastic and a solid option. They are relatively quick to respond to emails. Who you talk to on the phone / over email may not be your DJ, so that may be a surprise, but we ended up having a great time with our DJ. He was on top of his game, did... Read More a great job with our ceremony and reception, had a good personality and was great to work with. The DJ himself is what puts the overall experience at 5 stars.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Brenda S

FANTASTIC! We hired Shew-sical Entertainment for their DJ services at our wedding reception. We were lucky enough to have Nicole as our DJ and she was just awesome. The entire process, up to the wedding day, was easy and Nicole was flexible and responsive throughout. Couldn't... Read More have been happier!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Sierra D

Great to work with. DJ played awesome songs and worked with us for must play/ don't play song list. Friendly and professional!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Russell G

Working with Matt and Nicole was so easy. The contract was solid and we filled out a worksheet for the day of, describing all song requests, names within the wedding party, whether we wanted to do a bouquet toss, etc. They were so organized, and easy to get in touch with. I... Read More found them through the Frederick Area Bridal Network. Since I had no idea where to start as to looking for a DJ, I started there. Also, since our venue was in Frederick, MD, I figured there wouldn't be any travel fees (and there were not). After contacting them via e-mail, we did get to meet Matt in person, which was great. He was very friendly and able to answer all of the questions and concerns we had. We finalized everything via email, and it was great that Matt was the one able to DJ our special day. He was great at taking our song list and making it work with the current environment. No one danced at our wedding until the last hour, but when we were ready to dance, he was ready with dance-club music, which was perfect!! He was on time and dressed appropriately. He stayed for his contracted hours, and made sure to say good-bye before he left. As having never hired a DJ before, this was a great experience. I would highly recommend Shew-sical to anyone looking for a DJ.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Amanda M

THE BEST! If you need a DJ, I highly recommend Shew-sical! They could not have been better. The arrived early, set up with quickly and made the entire process so easy. They played great music! And would check in with us every now and then to make sure we were happy. They can... Read More also roll with the punches! We changed up one of our dances mid-song and they went right along with it. I can't say enough good things about this group. They are the BEST!