Shew-sical Entertainment Services

Serving Greater DC Area

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

116 N. East Street, Frederick, MD
Serving Greater DC Area

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Amy M

Matt Shew and his wife helped everything run completely smoothly while staying behind the scenes-- he listened exactly to what musical selections we wanted, honored the Do Not Play list, and played music that everyone-- regardless of age-- could dance to. He has a very good... Read More speaking voice for introductions and they made us a cd of all the songs (reception entrance songs for wedding party, first dance, father-daughter dance, mother-son, etc) used in our wedding. At the end of the night, we both hugged them-- could not have imagined anyone better!

Absolute Pros!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Courtney O

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole for my wedding day; she was amazing! Everything ran so smoothly, I could not have been happier with how my ceremony and reception turned out! Nicole handled everything for me... which took so much stress off of me during the day and... Read More allowed me to enjoy everything so much more! I had always been told that your wedding day will be such a blur to you since you will be having to deal with so much; but because of Nicole, I was able to not worry about a thing and just enjoy my entire day! The Shew-sical team was so helpful and responsive with all of my questions and requests leading up to the big day, it made me have complete confidence in them before I even met them! 3 weeks after my wedding, and I still haven't stopped hearing comments about how my wedding was the most fun guests have had in as long as they can remember!!

Everyone was dancing!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Kimberly S

Matt did an amazing job!!! I remember turning around and looking and EVERYONE except a hand full of people were up and dancing! I let him do his thing and he picked perfect songs!!! Everything transitioned smoothly! The sound system was great! Couldn't have had a better DJ!!! A... Read More lot of guests commented that he was the best DJ they have ever had at a wedding- and hands down I agree!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kayla B

Matt with Shew-sical is the absolute best. From the first time we met the staff at bridal shows, we knew they were perfect for us. From the beginning Shew-sical was responsive to all our questions, emails, and any changes requested. Shew-sical was very accommodating with meeting... Read More times since we were not very local. Everyone was very helpful through out the entire process and I had no doubt that everything would be perfect. I had specific songs to be played that were remixes and out of the ordinary songs and Matt nailed it. There was not a time that there wasn't a group on the dance floor. The crowd was read and perfect songs were played. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ service. I will be recommending Shew-sical to everyone that we know!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Amy S

Shewsical is fantastic! They came highly recommended, and I see why! They were great to work with, very professional, accommodating, and a great price for their top notch service. Our DJ was awesome! The dance floor was packed the whole reception and we got so many... Read More compliments on the music and DJ. You can be as involved (or not involved) in picking the playlist as you want to be. They are a great company and were very friendly during the whole process. We also got uplighting through them and it looked great! Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Amber G

Our DJ from Shewsical was so professional and fun on the day of! I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but the DJ that was chosen for our event is a huge Disney fan - just like my husband and I! His song selections were so on point and he was great at reading the crowd. He even... Read More played Everything is Awesome from the Lego Movie as our exit song, which put a huge smile on our faces. :) (Hey, we're total kids at heart) Shewsical's staff was friendly and super helpful through the entire process and really put my mind at ease. It went perfectly!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Camille A

They were great! Robert was our DJ, and he played great music all night, and really seemed to be having a blast. My new hubby loved that he played a ton of Red Hot Chili Peppers, and kept it all family appropriate. He kept the party alive, and kept everything super positive and... Read More fun. They were great!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Bradley H

Shew-sical made our wedding SO AMAZING! My wife and I are Jewish and we wanted a local DJ with Jewish wedding experience and we shopped around a bunch and ultimately landed on Shew-sical as they were local and had the required experience. I worked with Matt and Nicole (the... Read More owners) to negotiate the contract and agree on the services and they were FANTASTIC to work with. They were great with e-mail communication and made us feel like their only customer! Their prices are really reasonable and they offer a one stop shop for the equipment including microphones. Our DJ was Robert H. and he was absolutely fantastic! We sent Robert our wedding itinerary, paying special focus on our Jewish traditional songs. Robert had experience at Jewish weddings however ours was unique given we want certain dance sets that weren't customary at all Jewish weddings. Robert was patient with us and even took last minute changes on the day of our wedding! Robert showed up early and set up three different sound stations so the music would be heard all over our venue. Robert sent us a Top 200 song list and we gave him our preferences and he stick to the list. We heard that our music was so fun and our friends stayed to the final song (on a Sunday night!) and danced non-stop throughout the night. Robert did such a tasteful job at our ceremony and he lit up the dance floor. We are SO happy with our choice of Shew-sical and STRONGLY recommend them to other couples!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 James C

The Shew-sical team were real pros from the beginning to end of our work with them. They were timely, well- informed, accommodating and professional leading up to our wedding and on the day, Nicole was absolutely amazing. She read the room perfectly, combined our recommendations... Read More with top 40 tracks in a way that got people dancing by the first course! She had the whole thing down to a tee - knew when to grab us for key events/speeches etc and was always adaptable. She even coordinated a secret surprise from our bridal party - truly above and beyond!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Emily D

Matt was the DJ for our wedding in July. We found that Matt was extremely easy to work with and is very flexible to do exactly as the couple envisions. We gave Matt a very long list of songs that we would like played and he did a great job mixing them in with guest requests. We... Read More were not interested in playing any slow songs (just a personal preference) and Matt was happy to accommodate that request. We were pleased with the music played during the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and many of our guests complimented the music as well.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Owen J

Shewsical was perfect for my wife and I's wedding in July of 2016. We were able to talk with Nicole on the phone because we don't live in the area. Tim was our DJ for the evening. He did an amazing job! He checked in with us to make sure everything was going the way we wanted.... Read More He even bought a song on the spot as a request for our last dance! We ended up going a half hour over and we weren't charged for it! I highly recommend Shewsical!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Mary C

Shew-sical really took our reception to the next level. We had guest requests, and they took them and made them work perfectly, along with other dance songs, so everyone was dancing all night (not an easy feat for our group!). When we had an obscure last-minute request, they... Read More honored it, which impressed me very much. They also suggested the Star Wars Throne Room Song as our final song--NOTHING could be more perfect for us.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Amanda R

The party didn't stop thanks to our DJ from Shew-sical! Once everyone got on the dance floor, they danced the night away! The planning process was a breeze and Matt and Nicole were so pleasant to work with.

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Kylie F

Shew-sical was great! Our DJ, Jeff, was so much fun and great to work with. He did everything the way we wanted it and made our evening an awesome party. Perfect introductions and great and timely plays!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

This company was awesome we did not have any problem with them, they prepared amazing night for us...

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 CC H

We had Tom B. as our DJ and he was awesome. I had a very detailed list of songs, as well as a schedule I told him he MUST stick to, and he did! In fact, he was the ONLY vendor at our wedding who did exactly as he was told. I really appreciated him sticking to our plan, as it... Read More made one less headache for me on a very stressful weekend. Also, Tom was great at being flexible and switching things at the last minute due to the rain. He was perfect! Also, our wedding was pretty far from Shewsical's office, but he traveled for us. You should definitely use Shew-sical, and ask for Tom B.!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Kelsey K

Amazing! Shew-sical was excellent throughout our entire time working with them, from initial planning and contract stages to the actual wedding reception. They were very responsive to our initial questions regarding their services, also providing a suggested list of songs.... Read More Additionally, it was obvious they care about their customers' wishes, as we were able to submit an entire list of songs divided by "cocktail hour", "reception", and "must play" categories, which was adhered to throughout the evening. Robert was our DJ, and he was both talented and incredibly professional. Leading up to the wedding, he took time for a phone call to review our questionnaire that we filled out as well as to listen to our vision for the evening. Evening of, he helped direct toasts, first dances, and encouraged guests to join the dance floor when appropriate. His choice of songs and styles from our list made the night amazing. He was flexible with last minute changes as well, including extending the evening by 30 minutes and adding a song to our list very last minute. I can't recommend Shew-sical (and Robert if he's available) enough!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Katie B

Nicole from Shew-sical kept our party lively from start to finish--the introductions, early dances, cake cutting, and bouquet and garter toss were just what we wanted, the music during dinner was perfect, and once the dance floor opened up, our guests were dancing all night... Read More long. She kept the party focused on the music, which was exactly what we wanted. We valued her professionalism and experience: she kept things moving so that we could do everything we wanted during the reception. I would recommend Nicole and Shew-sical for a good time at any party.

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Annette E

Matt Shew was perfect for our wedding reception! He was very patient throughout the consultation with all of my questions. He helped plan out the wedding day time line and our wedding had the perfect flow! From the time the dance floor was open to the last song, the dance... Read More floor was packed! I got so many compliments on our DJ from wedding guests. He even coordinated a surprise for me with my husband the week of and accommodated last minute requests I had. Would 100% recommend him!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Mia

Our DJ, Tom from Shew-sical Entertainment Services, did an excellent job. He rolled with the changes we made during the evening and made sure to include everything we wanted. A great value. Highly recommend

So much fun!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Jessica D

I can't say enough good things about Shew-sical! They are professional, responsive, easy to work with, and make the wedding day so much fun! Shew-sical provided music for both our ceremony and reception and executed our vision wonderfully. For the ceremony we had specific... Read More instrumental covers to be played and then asked for the reception to be an 80's dance party ... with a few 90's throwbacks in the mix. Shew-sical took our vision, ran with it, and made our day everything we wanted it to be.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Samantha L

Shew-sical provided the DJ service for my daughters wedding. They were great. They worked with the bride and groom to make sure all their requests were made and that everything ran on time. They made sure that all the "must-play" songs were played at the reception and were... Read More great about playing request during the reception. The music was played at just the right volume,not too loud or annoying and a good mix of music. We would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a DJ

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Meghan B

Matt was the DJ for our June wedding, and he was fantastic! I totally forgot to give him our do not plays and our dancing music selections. I gave him a quick run down prior to dinner and he still kept the party going and played a wide variety of music for our broad age range of... Read More guests! I would 100% recommend Matt again to anyone considering.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Abigail T

Matt and Nicole Shew of Shew-sical Entertainment were an absolute pleasure to work with. From the second I met them at a Hagerstown Bridal Show, I knew I could not go wrong having either one of them DJ my wedding. They were extremely friendly, thorough, and prompt and ensured... Read More that the music and flow went perfectly throughout our wedding ceremony and reception. I have recommended them to several friends, all of which who made the right decision in having them DJ their wedding. I promise you could not go wrong with this crew!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Amanda C

Nothing but good things to say about this compan, they always do an exceptional job and are always professional.

Start a Conversation!