Onsite Hair & Makeup Studio

Sophia Bella Bridal is a team of the most dedicated hairstylists & makeup artists in Chicagoland. Current on all bridal styles & trends, our tight-knit beauty team offers the best in onsite bridal artistry! Send us a message and we'll quickly reply with all the information you need to make this important decision. We are actively booking into 2018!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Chicagoland & all surrounding suburbs (630) 880-1192
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Kelly T

I just got married last night and simply couldn't wait to post my review... Sophia and Natalie were aaaaaaaaamazing. Prompt, responsive, professional and super sweet. They were early for our start time, got ready for us super quick and made sure we were completely comfortable... Read More with our looks throughout the entire time. I wish I could just hire them every day to take care of my hair & makeup! Sophia is extremely detailed and organized which helped keep our day right on track -- us girls actually ended up waiting for the boys!! How often can we say that, right ladies?! ;) They both took notes during my trials and were great with quick responses to my questions over emails between the trial and the big day. Again, I just can't say enough about how great they made my special day!

2017-06-21T21:19:51 Response from the vendor

It was an honor and a pleasure! I'm so happy to hear that you felt well taken care of through the planning process. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. XO

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Megan M

When I found Sophia Bella Bridal on The Knot, Sophia was extremely responsive and cheerful, which it made it so easy and fun to get to know them and what services they offer. I quickly scheduled them for hair and make-up trials and then my wedding day. The trials were great... Read More because I knew then what I would look like on my special day - and I tweaked a couple things to make my hair and make-up exactly what I wanted. On the wedding day,I had a large bridal party, my mom and myself all done the morning of and everything ran smoothly! I was so pleased with their work! Everything that I envisioned, Sophia and Natalie made come to life. I am so happy I chose them for my big day and would recommend their on-location services to any interested bride. I found it so relaxing for them to come out to you instead of bringing everyone to a salon. If I could it all over again, I would choose Sophia Bella Bridal again!

2017-06-21T21:21:12 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you! You were a vision of beauty. Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. XO

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Cassandra W

Sophia and Jayme have a true talent! They both made me feel absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day ! Not only did they make me feel beautiful my look was exactly what I pictured. Jayme and Sophia listen, care, and they both get in contact with you right away they are... Read More unbelievable! So professional and easy to work with!! Such amazing artists! Can't wait for them to do my make up and hair in two months for my sisters wedding!! Yes that's right we booked them twice because they are such artists! I wish they had more stars out here because this team is definitely a 5++++!!

2017-06-21T21:51:11 Response from the vendor

You were everything a bride wishes to be and more. Thank you for welcoming us into your very Italian family. I look forward to seeing you again soon! XO

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Kristen C

Sophia is absolutely amazing!! I had done a few trials with different vendors prior to meeting her, but for different reasons wasn't happy with how they turned out. Once I met Sophia, I knew my search was over. She was nothing but attentive, answered all of my questions,... Read More calmed my fears, and gave me a vendor to look forward to working with! My trial went awesome, and the tweaks we made for the wedding were spectacular! Sophia is so down to earth, and has nothing but passion for what she does. It definitely shows in her work. Maybe we'll get the chance to work together again one day - and if not maybe just out for margaritas :)

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Jessica C

I am so, SOOO happy I was able to work with Sophia and Jayme for my wedding! They were among our best vendors. I had such a hard time picking out a hair and makeup artist because I don't wear a lot of makeup and I was terrified to trust anyone with my thick and wavy hair that is... Read More prone to frizz when I sweat. It was a task I kept putting off for months. Anytime I started to look I'd get overwhelmed by the number of options and put it off again. It was so stressful! As our wedding date crept closer I decided I wanted to pick a company that did both hair and makeup, to make things easier. I picked a different company at first that was a little cheaper than Sophia Bella, but they ended up falling through! With less than a month left before the wedding, I contacted Sophia. Her business looked so professional and she looked very experienced. I am SO thankful Sophia and Jayme were available and willing to work with me at the last minute!! I did a trial with both of them in the week leading up to the wedding, which was super helpful. Sophia took so much time with me making sure everything was just right. Jayme listened very carefully to what I wanted, but it turned out what I thought I wanted wasn't quite what I was hoping for! I was pretty worried at the end of my trial with her because the style I picked didn't look right on me, but she reassured me she could fix it on the day of the wedding. Well, she blew me away the day of the wedding with how gorgeous she made my hair look!!! I cried on my way to the church when I looked at myself in the mirror because I couldn't believe how beautiful I looked. My bridesmaids all had their hair and makeup done by Sophia and Jayme too and they looked STUNNING. We all got so many compliments all day and I think my guests were especially amazed by how great my hair and makeup looked. The only thing I would have changed was getting my hair done before my bridesmaids. We started a little late, which is my fault, and Jayme was rushing a bit at the end. I felt terrible to put her under so much pressure and unfortunately it resulted in my hair falling out a little bit during pictures and at the reception. However, I think it could have been fixed if my bridesmaids had bobby pins with them (which we forgot!!! Stupid mistake!!). I don't blame Jayme for this, but my advice is to not have the bride be the last one to get her hair done (however...another reason we did this was because our photographer was coming at the end of us getting ready and I wanted some shots of myself getting my hair done...in retrospect, I would have skipped on those photos of myself in exchange for having my hair and makeup done earlier!) Overall, I highly recommend them both. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK. YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB AND ARE SO TALENTED!!! :)

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Lauren J

Sophia and Jayme are fantastic! Sophia answered any question I had promptly (and was great about kindly reminding me if/when I got close to deadlines), and Jayme did an excellent job working with my mom and bridesmaids to find hairstyles that they enjoyed. Looking back through... Read More the pictures I've gotten so far, so many people have commented on how beautiful we all looked, and specifically, how perfect our hair was. Love love loved working with you both, thank you so incredibly much!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Ariana P

Sophia did the makeup for my sisters wedding - she did an amazing job! She came with all her own products and tools, and was very easy to work with. Most importantly, we were all so happy with our end results! I can't wait to use Sophia for my own wedding next year!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lisa C

Working with Sophia & her team made my wedding day FLAWLESS! I found her in a local Wedding Facebook group and I'm so glad I did. Her professionalism & organization made planning my wedding a breeze. She's super attentive, focused, and great with email/communication. She... Read More welcomed me to her home for 2 make-up trials to make sure everything was perfect & long-lasting, and her hairstylist Natalie did the same. You can tell in both their work that this is their true passion & they really took the time to make sure I was happy. My bridal party and I shined on my wedding day. I would highly recommend Sophia Bella Bridal! :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lauren W

Sophia is AMAZING at what she does. This was my first time getting my make up done professionally as part of the bridal party and I've never felt more beautiful! She made us all look like we walked out of a magazine. She is also great to converse with while sitting there.... Read More DEFINITELY book her for your wedding/event.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jessica D

Sophia is such an incredible person as well as makeup artist. She has such a kind and beautiful soul and it really shows through the way she treats her clients. I felt very comfortable talking to her and asking her questions about makeup when I was standing up in my friends... Read More wedding. I even asked her for some makeup tips that I could use in my everyday life. I was part of the pre-wedding makeup trial and final trial and I enjoyed each and every moment. Sophia brings an distinctive aura that's so welcoming and makes you excited to get your makeup done. She genuinely cares about her clientele and will make you feel comfortable from start to finish. But when she holds that mirror up so you can see your final look, prepare to be floored at the beauty starting back at you. Sophia, keep doing what you are doing and making people feel beautiful. You are a true artist and I hope I get to work with you again someday. Thanks for everything~!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Jessica T

Sophia was nothing but amazing. Not only is she talented, knowledgeable, professional....she is a great person. She made the trial runs so much fun! I was so nervous about getting my makeup done because it was my first time but once I was sitting in that chair, I knew I was in... Read More good hands. Thank you Sophia for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Tresa L

On my wedding day I was worried that I would not feel or look like a bride and in walks Sophia. She was sent from above and made me feel absolutely stunning. She had to do makeup for my big bridal party and I honestly was thankful she was the one doing it. She came in and was... Read More completely professional but also made my family and bridesmaids feel completely relaxed. They were laughing and smiling. I had so many compliments on all of the makeup she did on every single one of my bridesmaids and mother and mother in law. She listened to what we all wanted and coached us along the way as to what and why she was doing what she was doing. I could not think of someone better then Sophia on wedding days. She was sweet, understanding and patient. She made me feel so beautiful and had my fiancé in tears on our wedding day because he was so taken back by how I looked. She was absolutely amazing and I am so happy she was the one to take care of me on my special day.

2017-10-02T17:40:55 Response from the vendor

Tresa, you are an amazing girl! Thank you for having me on your wedding day! I enjoyed every moment of glamming you, the girls and the family. Stay in touch!

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Lisa K

Sophia was absolutely incredible! After a bit of a bad experience with a different vendor, I reached out a bit late to Sophia who was completely a breath of fresh air. It was only about a month before the wedding when I contacted her and I went out on a whim--her work looked so... Read More incredible I thought she surely would be booked. It turned out that she was available and she has been just absolutely the best to work with the entire time. Sophia is extremely organized and she got back to me very quickly--including the initial booking, questions that I had, appointments, etc. She worked around my last minute schedule as well and was so helpful the entire time. I picked Sophia because I could tell from her website that she not only had great skill, but she was so TALENTED because she could apply that skill to different looks. So many times a makeup artist has only one look they try to push on everyone--not the case at all with Sophia! She listened to what I was looking for, asked a few questions, looked at some photos that I showed her and she really got a feel for what I was going for. Her products are CLEAN and they are great QUALITY products. At my trial, she also was very professional about letting me know that she wanted my feedback and if there was anything I didn't like about the look, she could change it. She is extremely professional. This carried over to the wedding day as well--she showed up on time, was extremely organized, and was just such a pleasure to work with--and to hang out with! She is so kind and easy to get along with--it made wedding prep and wedding day a breeze! When it came to the wedding day, there were a few bridesmaids that did not want makeup done--once they saw her doing makeup and how skilled she was, one of the girls requested to get her makeup done as well if there was time--and it looked amazing! She was so happy with her look--not cakey or overdone. Sophia really knows how to tap into your individual beauty and highlight your best features! And I can't forget about Natalie! She did my hair and was absolutely incredible. She also is extremely talented--she can do so many different looks and is so easy to work with. I described my look with her and she was also just the most professional, kind, and talented hair stylist I have ever had the pleasure to get my hair done by. She really listened to the look I was going for and I couldn't be happier with my look. I can echo the same for the bridesmaids as well--I didn't have any restrictions or "type" of a hairstyle that I wanted for them, so Natalie spoke with each bridesmaid to find the best look for their style! Hairstyles varied from modern edgy looks, sleek updo, to a style with hair down. I can also say for both Sophia and Natalie that their looks were tailored to each person. Both of the "moms" had their makeup done as well and one had hair done--and the looks were just so elegant and gorgeous. These two really know how to bring out the beauty of the individual without making them look overdone. They are able to do looks that are age appropriate and looks that each person is comfortable with. I cannot recommend Sophia and Natalie enough! They will be my first recommendation for anyone looking for hair and makeup. They are the epitome for impeccable customer service and talent in the wedding industry!

2017-10-02T17:42:10 Response from the vendor

I'm speechless. Thank you a million for this incredible review. Natalie and I live to please our brides. I am so glad it was a mission accomplished. XO

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Bridgitte W

Sophia was the best decision for my wedding! I could not have been happier with my choice. I found her last minute and she was extremely accommodating, and responded quickly with her availability and pricing. The trial went perfectly and at that moment I knew my wedding was... Read More going to be ten times better than I had imagined, because I was so in love with the makeup. I have already recommended her to four future brides I know, and I will continue to do so! My wedding day went so perfect, and I did not think my makeup could get any better but it did!! She is absolutely amazing and the sweetest person. I highly recommend! She does an outstanding job and every single one of my bridesmaids looked stunning. She takes pride in her work as she very well should! Pick Sophia!!!!!!!

2017-07-28T10:08:15 Response from the vendor

I am the lucky one!! Thank you for your trust on the biggest day of your life. I look forward to us keeping in touch <3

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Octavia H

I have known Sophia for 6 years and she always looks fabulous. I got married May 21, 2016 and she did my makeup and it was amazing! I received so many compliments. Working with her is awesome. She takes her time to make sure that you look and feel your best. She is very... Read More versatile and has experience with different skin tones and types. You will not be disappointed working with her.

2017-07-28T10:09:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you my friend. You made one heck of a bride on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Natasha M

Sophia is absolutely amazing at her job! I found her through The Knot and I was blown away by her work. I looked over reviews and pictures from previous brides and I knew I needed to have a trial ASAP. Sophia invited me into her home to have my trial and she was very detailed... Read More throughout the entire experience. She listened to what I envisioned my wedding make up to look like and used her expertise to create the perfect look- she took detailed notes of which products were used. The day of my wedding she arrived on time and ready to go. Half of my bridesmaids never wear make up while the other half are self proclaimed MUA- but Sophia created beautiful individualized looks for each of them. The entire night friends and family complimented our make up and I could not help but rave about Sophia. I will definitely be recommending Sophia to all of my friends that need bridal make up in the future. Thank you Sophia for everything!

2017-06-21T21:25:09 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU for this amazing review. I feel fulfilled knowing that I made your vision of beauty come to life--This is what I live for! I hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy married life. XO

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Heather C

Sophia is a dedicated perfectionist who loves her trade. I've sat for makeup twice with her. She is diligent in asking questions and her work product is remarkable. She goes above and beyond for all of her clients and has killer customer service - which should not be overlooked... Read More when selecting vendors for a special occasion. My natural wedding shower makeup (also my trial) received so many compliments. And photographed beautifully. I felt like a princess and that wasn't even my wedding! We were able to easily tweak a couple things for my wedding day. I didn't love the feeling of airbrush on my face (though it's quite the trend) and she offered to try out a couple other techniques before the wedding to ensure I look perfect. I cannot wait for August 4 (my wedding), and if I was rich I would hire her to be my own personal makeup artist. She is awesome! UPDATE: I already posted one review about my trial, but wanted to post another about the actual day of. Sophia was OUTSTANDING. We actually met the week of to try out some different powders and foundations because my fiance wanted me to look as natural as possible (he didn't love airbrush from my trial). The day of, she arrived on time and brought an assistant to keep the day on schedule. My bridesmaids looked AMAZING. My sister was particularly noteworthy - I think she actually wants to take lessons from Sophia to learn how to apply makeup for nights out. And my fiance loved my makeup (I loved it too). Sophia was incredibly patient with me throughout the day because I was basically like a 4 year old. Every 5 minutes I would get an itch and forget I had makeup on and scratch half my face off. She'd then patiently reapply and blend my giant goof-ups. And 5 minutes later, fix my eyebrow, my nose, my lips. It went on and on. The woman has the patience of a saint (I am not used to wearing makeup). I would hire Sophia (and plan to) down the road for special events. I could easily see us being bffs because of how well we clicked.

2017-06-21T21:29:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this thoughtful review! I can't wait to hear how you blow everyone away on August 4th! Soak it all in, this is YOUR moment... See you soon XO

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Courtney O

Sophia did the makeup for a friend's wedding last summer. I still get compliments of how awesome we all looked. Incredibly professional and accommodating. Sophia is super sweet too.

2017-06-21T21:30:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this kind review. You were a gorgeous maid of honor. It was a pleasure to spend the afternoon with you ladies. Hope to see you again soon. XO

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Rebekah S

Sophia and Jayme were an amazing team! I got married on 4/1/17 (yes April Fools day 😜.) They were amazing. I got an amazing "trial" when I knew I wanted them to do hair and makeup for me and my girls! Makeup turned out PERFECT and hair was BEAUTIFUL. I truly felt so pretty. Also... Read More my sister in law isn't too into makeup and Sophia gave her the most beautiful natural look as I went the complete opposite and was BOLD! On top of them being great at their job, their personalities made the day go even better. So outgoing and fun. HIGHLY recommend the two of them! ❤❤

2017-06-21T21:34:08 Response from the vendor

Working with you & your family was so much FUN! I loved your full-on glamorous bridal makeup & your hair was a dream! Thank you for this awesome review. Hope to see you again soon. XO

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Sian S

Sophia was an amazing make-up artist, she listened to what I wanted and made me feel absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day! I received so many compliments on my make-up, she is worth every penny!!!

2017-06-21T21:35:20 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad I delivered exactly what you envisioned. You were so beautiful on your wedding day. Thank you for this review! See you again soon. XO

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Elizabeth V

Having Sophia as my makeup artist was the best decision I made. She did such an amazing job and was so accommodating. Sophia became part of the family, she made everyone feel important that day and took time to get to know all of us. I would recommend her to everyone.

2017-06-21T21:22:59 Response from the vendor

Your Italian family was hard not to love :) I am lucky to have been there on your big day! Thank you for your review! XO

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Courtney H

Sophia did my makeup for both my bridal shower and for my wedding day. She is professional, kind, prompt, and creative. She listens to exactly what you want done and delivers. Sophia is not only a professional, but also someone that has become a friend of mine. She is easygoing... Read More and welcoming and makes you feel comfortable. She is someone that anyone enjoys being around. I highly recommend Sophia for any event, big or small, that you need a makeup artist for. I would not hire anyone else!! Also, Jayme Golden did my hair on my wedding day and it came out fabulous. She is quick, yet talented and precise. She is able to look at a photo and replicate exactly what you ask for. I highly recommend this team of goddesses to help you feel and look your best!!! Don't go elsewhere!!! :) :)

2017-06-21T21:37:50 Response from the vendor

Jayme and I were honored to be a part of your wedding day. Thank you for choosing us, and leaving this amazing review! I hope to see you again in the near future. XO

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Megan H

Sophia is absolutely amazing!! She paid great attention to detail and really took notes on how I liked the make up. She is very professional and makes you feel at ease on your wedding day. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Sophia is also very flexible both for the trial... Read More and day of. She was very understanding and able to work in my flower girl last minute.

2017-06-21T21:40:05 Response from the vendor

My, oh my, were you gorgeous on the big day! It was a joy working with you, your family and friends. Thank you for this review. I hope to see you again in the future :)

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Paige F

I really can't say enough about Sophia! She does her best to make sure you look beautiful for your wedding and makes you feel so comfortable. She was so sweet and easy to work with! I LOVED my makeup and all of my bridesmaids looked gorgeous as well. The airbrush looked flawless... Read More and lasted all night long. Everyone was done on time too so there was so stressing! You really can't get better than Sophia!

2017-06-21T21:41:33 Response from the vendor

I feel fulfilled knowing that you felt and looked your very best! Thank you for leaving this amazing review, and allowing me to be a part of your wedding day!

Sophia DeFrancesco

Growing up the daughter of a beautician, makeup artistry seemed to come naturally to Sophia. At the age of 6, her mother gifted her with a complete make-up kit from Sam’s Club–in an instant, her passion was discovered! It was during their very own wedding planning process that she fell in love with bridal makeup & all things wedding related. Desiring to provide her brides with only the best professional services, she completed extensive makeup training at the London Eyes Institute. Following that training, she obtained a Master’s Certificate in airbrush applicators and her dream job began!