Bridesmaid Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Custom Designs, Fashion

4614 S 132nd St, Omaha, NE (402) 255-0022

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Alicia D

I loved my experience at Suburban Bridal. I had been disappointed in my wedding dress search and thought I would try one more store and it was a winner! We walked in and they got us a dressing room right away and started showing dresses! I found the dress of my dreams (and... Read More price range) within probably 20 minutes. I love it! The dress was perfect and the gal that helped me pick it out was awesome as well!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Beth B

I wish I could say that it was a pleasure to do business here, but I can't. Though I found a gown I loved, the service here was pretty awful. They didn't answer any of my questions about my dress, they sent me home with the wrong size because they didn't check the tags, they... Read More misplaced my veil, and what's worse, they didn't seem to think any of this was a problem!! Had I known what I know now about Suburban Bridal, I would have shopped elsewhere.

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Samantha S

I had a great time finding my amazing wedding dress at suburban bridal! They have a great selection and were helpful when trying on. Both my dress and veil shipped in a reasonable amount of time. They have a seamstress on staff for alterations, or you have the option of taking... Read More it to a seamstress outside of the store. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Nancy H

It is the most amazing place to find your wedding dress. They have everything and dresses others don't and one of the main designers owns the company. My second daughter just found her dress after looking everywhere and when she arrived was treated royally. My first daughter... Read More was 20 years ago. It is good to know that the best is still the best. For the best in wedding experience I can't encourage you enough to make you appointment and enjoy the experience.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Amanda G

I just loved suburban bridal. Every time we walked in, we were greeted with friend faces, wonderful stories, and great ideas! The owner even made the rounds and have us some great tips oh how to integrate the veil into the reception dances. After the wedding, when I was getting... Read More my dressed cleaned, the manager asked where I bought it because it was so Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kelli K

Had a 5 star experience until after myself (bride) and 7 bridesmaids purchased our dresses from here. It seemed after they had our money they had no reason to be nice anymore. The owner is so rude!! When I told her I won't send anyone I know getting married to her store she... Read More said, "oh well". I asked her to steam a bridesmaid dress of one of my girls who lived out of town. Bc I had left the store with it and brought it back she told me she wouldn't do that. Bridal traditions did it for me in a past wedding. I had called Suburban and the lady told me to bring it in. Once I got there it was a whole new story. The owner told me she didn't care about my dress, she cared about her equipment. She said there could be grease on my dress and didn't want it getting on her equipment. What the hell!? It was still in its bag. I asked why when I called they said to bring it in to be steamed, and now she's saying, "no". She responded with, "well, it doesn't matter, we will not do it". No wonder your store never has customers.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jennifer F

My appointment at Suburban Bridal was so much fun. Makayla helped me the entire time. She listened to my needs and helped me find amazing options that perfectly fit my goals. Each option was an evolution of what I liked most about other dresses leading to an amazing option. In... Read More the end I went with another dress at another store, but I couldn't go without giving a great review. Suburban Bridal offers a wonderful experience, fantastic options, and an accommodating staff willing to help make your dream dress a reality. Thanks again for the great experience!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Alicen E

The ladies at Suburban Bridal are so wonderful! I think I was in there about six times to try on my dress before the big day, and they always treated me like it was the first time. The owner is the sweetest woman I have ever met. She always gave me such wonderful advice.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Becky D

We came in on a Friday afternoon with no appointment, but immediately someone was able to help us. We found quite a few dresses that I tried on, and they were helpful and considerate. The staff seemed friendly, and I really liked their selection of dresses. The mirror space is a... Read More little bit open, so it's not as private as some of the other boutiques we went to, but it wasn't a big deal. Also, you can't take pictures of the dresses, which might have been unhelpful if we were trying to compare them at the end with ones from different stores.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kelsey P

I had spend a lot of time jumping around bridal shops and finding nothing I was comfortable in. I came to Suburban bridal and they were the first salon to understand that I was frustrated and do everything to help me. Gina and the owner were FABULOUS and got me in dresses that... Read More made me glow. In the end, I walked out of the dressing room in a stunning dress and busted into tears when I saw myself. Every time I stopped in, they remembered my name and always complimented my dress. Such sweet people who really make you feel like a special bride every step!!! I recommended them to all my bride friends.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Brittany P

This was a vendor that I ended up regretting throughout my wedding planning process. I ordered my dress in the exact land it ended up coming to inches shorter. The seamstress worked with me to lengthen it, but there are other alterations that took them four times before they... Read More were able to complete them. A friend of mine also had her dress ordered in a wrong color, and she was not able to get a new dress before her wedding day.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Stephanie G

I got my wedding gown and my bridesmaids dresses here. I have nothing but great things to say! Mary Lou helped me find my gown. Love, love , loved it! Ended up going back and getting my bridesmaid dresses also. They were beautiful also. I had my dress altered there and she... Read More did an amazing job! Thank you for helping me find the dress of my dreams! Steph Gengler

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Jordan C

I was really disappointed with my overall experience here. They had the dresses I wanted for my bridesmaids, but they were extremely rude to my girls, they have terrible customer service, and their system is stuck in the stone age. FITTINGS One of them (a size 4 fit her... Read More perfectly in the store) was told after her measurements that her "butt was so big" she should order a size 12! Thankfully she ordered a size 8, and even that is too big. Another bridesmaid, normally a size 4-6 was told the same thing-- she got a 12 and its HUMONGOUS on her. Another bridesmaid was told because she is 5'10 she would need to add "additional length" (despite my other 5'9 bridesmaids being told they didn't need it). It came in and she's swimming in 6" of additional length she paid $25 extra for, that now she has to pay to get hemmed. They told my 5'1, 95 pound sister in law she would need a size 8-- she's literally a 0-00 in most dresses and ended up ordering a 2 thankfully which fits great. DON'T BELIEVE THEIR SIZING! They want you to order WAY too big so you'll alter with them and pay them even more money! We didn't alter a single dress with them because they're so ridiculous. CUSTOMER SERVICE We dealt mostly with Courtney, who I honestly feel had no idea what was going on 90% of the time. She never could answer my questions, she struggled to work the credit card machine, she just generally appeared like she had no idea how to do her job and had this weird attitude that was somewhere between fake genuine/snotty. She failed to tell me until I was placing the order that the lace could only be ordered in 3 colors of which none matched So I had to start all over looking at another style, wasting another hour of my time. Their deposit is the dress' cost minus $25-- JUST TO PLACE THE ORDER! I know these dresses are expensive and custom ordered but sheesh, $225 is a hefty "deposit." I asked them to let me know when all the girls' dresses came in so that I could make sure they were all done in time. I never received a call. Instead, I called them and was told one of my girls "hadn't ordered her dress." In fact, she had called to order, gave them her measurements, and they neglected to inform her they couldn't order without paying the entire $225 deposit. WHAT KIND OF SALES ASSOCIATE DOES THIS? Obviously, if someone calls and gives measurements, they want to order the dress! THEN, they tell me each girl has to sign a contract before ordering (which later was found apparently to not be true because one of my girls was never asked to sign any contract). My SIL lives 1,200 miles away, and because they never called me until I literally called them the week of Christmas, I couldn't wait for them to mail the contract to her, or else our dresses wouldn't be ordered in time. I asked them to e-mail it to her so it could be done faster. They told me THEY DON'T HAVE A SCANNER. Yep, this is 2016 folks and they couldn't figure out how to scan and email a contract to my SIL. We had to FAX it to my MIL's workplace. How ridiculous! PLACE The place overall looks very cheap for the expense of the dresses. The dressing rooms are dated and have only a simply curtain that doesn't really shut all the way. To top it off, when I checked out I stood there for 10 minutes while Courtney just ignored me and my bridal party of 6. After I finally got her attention and signed the pick-up form she said "Good luck on your wedding" in some weird snotty tone. Uh, Thanks?

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Jill L

A lifetime of awful experiences had me dreading the day I had to shop for my wedding dress. All of my low expectations were destroyed when I walked through the door. A very experienced and kind woman, Jaquie, helped me find the perfect wedding gown. I cried happy tears as the... Read More reality sunk in... I found THE dress! The staff rushed to make sure that I wasn't unhappy and celebrated my joy with me. I felt like they cared about me inside and out. I could not have engeneered a more positive experience!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Nancy C

When my daughter tried on wedding dresses, the helper (found out she was the manager) was very patient and understood the style she liked. She was so helpful with bridesmaid dress suggestions too. She knew the inventory of the store and listened to personal style very well. We... Read More returnedafew weeks later to order the bridesmaid dresses and had the privilege of workingwiththestore owner. Wow! She made what could have been a very mundane task so fun, and we soon learned that her expertise was outstanding and gleaned all we could from her. Compared to other stores (and we visited many!) this had personable service, great prices, and an excellent experience.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Faith S

Rude. Pushy. Disrespectful. Would NOT recommend going here.

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Lisa S

I left the salon in tears. Especially if you are a plus sized bride or even slightly above average size, I would avoid this place like the plague. I was going to call and complain and realized the woman who was so rude and made such public comments about my weight was the owner.... Read More Would absolutely not recommend.

Perfect dress

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Alyse S

This was the third bridal salon I visited and the third time was definitely the charm. I worked with Jackie during my first visit and I felt like she was completely honest with me. I had a certain style in mind and she picked out the dress for me that I ended up getting. She... Read More could tell what I wanted and was able to help me get the exact look I was going for. The ladies were also very patient when I took my bridesmaids to look at their dresses. Each visit I was treated like I was the only bride there. The personal attention and the attention to detail was really appreciated. They also let me use a loaner veil for my hair trial run so that I would not have to worry about anything happening to my veil. The prices were also very reasonable and well within my budget for my dress and veil. The seamstress that they have working out of the store seemed really high for the bridesmaid's dresses so you may want to look around before committing to their seamstress for dress alterations. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and absolutely love my dress and veil. I received so many compliments on the dress that I feel was made for me.

Brides Beware

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Amanda R

We went to the store 5/11 in hopes of finding a dress. Paige was kind/helpful pulling dresses in my price point. I selected a dress that was a size too big and needed the skirt hemmed. An older woman who worked there stated that my alterations were "simple and easy" and would... Read More only cost about "$90-no more than $120!" Paige agreed. I told them that I was getting married in NYC and would be leaving 7/31. I wanted to schedule an alt. appt. immediately - I was told not to worry since my wedding wasn't for a couple months and to call back in mid-June. When I arrived for my 1st alt. appt., I was kept waiting for 20 minutes. I was asked to go in the room by the alt. lady, Renee - and then left to my own devices. I had to ask the ladies at the desk if I was supposed to be getting dressed or what I should be doing. Renee was abrupt with me from the start and was not friendly. She asked about my timeline and I expressed to her that I would be leaving 7/31. Awkward silence. She never told me what she was doing, why she was doing it, or what all this random work was going to cost. After getting out of my dress by myself, I met her in the front area to pay her and schedule my next appt. Then came the best news - my alts. would cost $200. How could I possibly have known she was going to charge this much when everyone I had spoken with prior to this appt. had assured me it would be between $90-$120? I've already been fitted, $200 is fine. My 1st appt. was so awkward, stressful, and unwelcoming that I basically decided that I hated my dress - or hated the alt. lady, Renee. For my 2nd appt., I brought my mother, my brother's fiance, and my soon-to-be step-son, who is four years old - for support. Mom helped me into my dress and the bodice fit perfectly. I finally felt excited about my dress again - until Renee walked in. She was even more cold to me during this appt. She snapped at my step-son, "Who are you?!?" and was annoyed that my mother wanted me to try on some jewelry with my dress at the end of the appt. Once again, she was rude and silent, explained nothing, and made no effort to make me feel like a valued customer. Renee said that we could bustle my dress during the 1st appt. but not until it was properly hemmed. She pinned the hem/bustle during the 2nd appt. and had me schedule what I was led to believe was a final fitting/pick-up. Why did I assume this? Probably because she never actually communicated with me what it was she was doing or what my 3rd appt. would entail. If you're pinning something, I'm assuming you're going to have it done the next time I see you. I scheduled my next one and to my great surprise, my bill had increased again. The bustle had not been included in my last bill! I asked for a bustle the 1st time, you didn't charge me until this time? More money. $85 for a bustle (that looked terrible and did not work AT ALL the day of the wedding!). Next appt., I know the drill - go back there, put it on by yourself, just stand there during the awkward silence. Except this time, she's done NOTHING to my dress since the last time I saw it. And my train looked shorter, something I was adamant about her not touching. I'm getting on a plane in 48 hours. I do not have a finished dress. Thankfully, she had me pick it up Wednesday at 3PM the night before my flight and the hem looked shotty and the bustle never worked. Renee was unfortunate to deal with. I cannot recommend her services to anyone, ever. Suburban Bridal should know better.

Stay AWAY!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Maureen M

Despite the countless poor reviews on this store, I had to go with them, as they were the only bridal store that had the bridesmaid color I wanted. The ladies in the store are very rude and unhelpful. They tack on additional costs for just about everything. The dressing rooms... Read More are very poor quality- a simple curtain that doesn't even close. I would avoid this business at all costs.

Bridal Gown

Reviewed on 3/11/2014 Deborah V

I found the perfect dress at Suburban and ordered it a year before the wedding date. We ended up having to move the wedding up, but the Suburban staff was extremely nice and helpful with getting the dress in and altered on time. (I picked the altered dress up a week before the... Read More wedding!) I'd definitely recommend taking a look at Suburban. They have some unique dresses.

Good start with a horrible end

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Stephanie L

I was impressed when I tried on bridal gowns and worked with the owner. She talked me into ordering my dress with them even though I found it somewhere else and they didn't actually carry it. They gave me a better price and along with finding my bridesmaids dresses there I... Read More figure it would be good since they would then get a discount. That was the last good thing that happened. After ordering my dress, I sent my bridesmaids in to get their measurements and order. Every single one of them received horrible service. The people were rude and not helpful at all. They were even so rude to one of my bridesmaids she decided not to be a bridesmaid anymore. They were not informed when it came to transferring her paid deposit to the new bridesmaid and didn't help with picking sizes at all. The only thing they would tell them was they can't help because if it is the wrong size they can't be held liable. So the girls, not knowing how the sizes of the dresses fit had to make their best guess. When the dresses came in none of the dresses fit and would not zip up. Come to find out "these dresses run really small." It would have been nice to tell us that when ordering their sizes. When going to pick up dresses, I called them to let them know we were on our way since they closed in 15 minutes, but I wanted to get them picked up because I was with some out of town bridesmaids. The lady I talked to on the phone was extremely rude stating they would not wait for us and if we came after closing time we were out of luck. She made no effort to be professional. When we did arrive (10 minutes to close) the entire staff stood and glared at us as we tried on the dresses and made the final payments. To make matters worse a couple weeks later they called my mother to let her know they lost a check she wrote to them and they wanted her to write another. Now onto the next problem. After picking up my dress I found out from another source that I was supposed to receive a free steam and press with my purchase. I called them immediately to take my dress in to get the steam and press. I was first told that since I picked up my dress I can no longer get the free steam and press. This upset me since I wasn't told about it from the beginning. So I asked to speak with the owner and left a voice mail. This was not returned for one week, so I called again and left another message. Finally after another week I heard from an employee stating they will make an exception for me, but they wont be able to finish in for two weeks. So by this time it was too late because I needed to complete the alterations in time for the wedding. They were terrible at returning calls and not accommodating at all, even though we spent a couple thousand dollars with them. Sadly I read bad reviews on them before my purchase and I did not listen. I regret this and I am recommending you take your services elsewhere if you do not want to be completely stressed about the dress.

One of a kind!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Julia F

Renee at Suburban Bridal was able to create a one of a kind bridal gown for myself. She was able to help me take my vision of my dress and make it a reality! Thank you so much!

2013-12-04T12:21:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very happy you loved your gown and hope you have sent pictures for our website! Merry Christmas!! Suburban Bridals

November Wedding

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Amanda K

I had no idea what I was looking for in a wedding dress. The wonderful ladies took care of me! They got a good idea of my personality and found the perfect dress for me! The seamstress was fantastic by taking what I wanted and making it into something completely unique to me and... Read More my personaliity

2013-12-04T12:23:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We hope you will send pictures of your wonderful day. We love to see our beautiful brides on their special day! We wish you many years of happiness! Suburban Bridal

Initially awesome

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Kira R

This is where I started to look for my bridal party dresses. They were very helpful in satisfying the wants of the three ladies. We ordered that day. One was fully paid, the others put some money down. (At this point there was 9 months to the wedding, so no worries on time.) Two... Read More of the dresses were from a different manufacturer, so the one that was fully paid should have been cut and delivered as soon as their process works. I ended up paying for the other ladies dresses to get them cut, and they paid me back. Two months later, the time that I was told to wait for them to arrive, I called them and asked where the dresses were, and they couldn't tell me a straight answer. My MIL called a few times as well as I and when we compared stories, nothing was the same. I waited 8 months for the one dress that was paid on the day we ordered to come in. The most frustrating part is that I was told I could pick up the dress by a saleswoman *after* I had already signed off and picked it up. Sounds to me like they need to get their system on track and have some sort of uniformity in policy.