Sue Kelson Events

Serving DFW Area

Hospitality is an Art

Details, details, details! When you hire Sue Kelson Events, not one detail will be overlooked. Organization and anticipating your needs are trademarks of her team. Sue has 30 years of hospitality experience, and a B.S. in Hotel and Restaurant Management. This team's passion is planning weddings!

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

5068 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX
Serving DFW Area

Sue Kelson goes above and beyond!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Ermarie M

Where do I even begin on Sue Kelson? She demonstrates every attribute of what a professional event planner should be. Throughout the years, Sue has helped us plan a variety of events including a wedding, Christmas parties, major fundraisers and everything in between. Because... Read More of her expertise and supreme professionalism, from the moment when you first approach her to plan an event, until the last linen is removed, your experience is beyond all expectations. Her ability to put clients at ease and anticipate their needs and concerns puts her in a league of her own. In the end, we felt that we had the event planner of our dreams, but we also felt as though we had gained a friend! Her dedication and passion to the job is what will keep us coming back time and time again. Sue is more than a wedding planner – she is a life concierge!

2014-09-30T02:33:40 Response from the vendor

From the first function, to the latest, you have always provided me with exciting events to plan! Every function we have done together has been different, starting with the wedding. I have enjoyed our working relationship and friendship over the years!

Best team around!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 Kelsey W

Sue and Beverly are quite the team!! They are phenomenal at what they do, and you will be very pleased you selected Sue Kelson Events. They are extremely professional, prompt (in returning calls/emails and getting stuff done), knowledgeable, creative, and easy to work with. They... Read More know their etiquette and can help plan, down to the smallest of details, every part of an event. They helped to create a wedding of my dreams, even when I never really envisioned what my wedding would look like. I highly recommend them :)

2014-09-30T02:35:25 Response from the vendor

What a beautiful bride you were, and a elegant woman! Having known your mother for years, I would expect nothing but the most positive and charming daughter. It was such a pleasure to help plan your were stunning!

Dream come true!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Kimberly H

I had the most awesome wedding reception EVER, which I have dubbed, "My Party!" My husband and I met with Sue Kelson several times to go over everything, and I mean everything! Sue covered every last detail (things we didn't even think about). Sue listened to us, really... Read More listened to us, asked lots of questions and made suggestions, many of which we implemented. She kept in constant contact with us which was so appreciated and my stress level was kept at a minimum. I was one of those really organized, obsessed, wanting to be in control brides with a binder that went everywhere with me and never left my sight. I was thrilled when Sue had all my information, contact numbers, etc at her fingertips as well! I KNEW I was in good hands and I was right! It was at the rehearsal dinner I turned over the reigns completely to Sue. I was not the least bit apprehensive in doing so either. I was so confident MY DAY was going to be perfect and Sue would see to it...She did, without fail! Every single detail, large, down to teeny tiny was done! I did not have to do anything except get ME ready! I remained calm the entire day, because in Sue's gentle voice, she would inform me of where and what was happening next. A gentle touch on the shoulder, a whisper in my ear, a slight nod of the head, Sue was there! We had lots of stuff going on at "My Party"...guest greeting, food, photo booth...etc. I did absolutely nothing except have the time of my life! My husband and I DID have the perfect reception...Sue saw to it. The tables were beautiful, food fantastic, lighting perfect, timing for cake etc was done at the best time (and not at my doing as Sue kept everything flowing perfectly!) lots of laughter and the smile never left my face! I have nothing but praise for Sue Kelson Events! Sue was everywhere, tending to everything, but funny thing is, I don't recall seeing her other than when she would tap my shoulder and whisper my ear "it's time for..." I know she was busy behind the scenes keeping the reception going. In fact, our 200 guests are still talking about "My Party." Everyone is saying it was the wedding/reception of the century and the best one they have attended! SUCCESS! If you want your event to be perfect, Sue is your lady! Her experience, calm demeanor, gentle voice and ability to take care of every detail is priceless! I cannot express my gratitude and appreciation towards Sue. She's amazing and I am forever grateful for her. Thank you Sue Kelson!

2013-09-27T13:06:12 Response from the vendor

One of my all time favorite Brides! The wedding was such a success, as you were so wonderful to work with, and so organized! I love an organized Bride. You did so many special touches...just loved the travertine coasters, and all the other special touches... Read Less Read More

thought of everything!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Petra R

Sue was a wonderful planner and thought of things we never would have! So was always so organized and her attention to detail showed immensely! We would highly recommend!

2015-11-23T20:48:43 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh! What a gorgeous bride you were! I just loved working with you, and your parents. It was so wonderful getting to know your family - such a class act! You have a wonderful life ahead...hugs and kisses to you and your new... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I had the wonderful opportunity to use Sue Kelson Events for my aons wedding. I would highly recommend them for any event you are planning. Her attention to detail is impeccable and nothing was left to chance. She turned a happy but stressful event into an amazing and... Read More unforgettable ecperience! Would I use Sue Kelson Events again? ABSOLUTELY!

2015-11-23T20:51:28 Response from the vendor

Fun, fun, fun! You and your son, and his bride, know how to throw a party, and laugh all the way through the process. No stress - just smiles and wonderful memories! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Katy M

Sue helped us find the perfect venue that matched our theme include God in our Wedding. Sue helped us to budget and balance our money for the wedding. Sue helped us to find things like caterer that fit our budget. Sue helped us to save money in many different ways. She helped us... Read More to save money with our baker and invitations. Sue helped me to find the perfect dress. Sue took the time to go with me whenever I need my dress to get altered. Sue is very dedicated and passionate about her work and the weddings she plans.

2015-10-31T14:27:01 Response from the vendor

You are the sweetest! When I asked you what would be one of the most important things for your wedding day, and you said, "to included God in our day", I thought that was one of the most remarkable answers I've ever heard. I was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

sue kelson was amazing! our wedding was beyond what either my husband and I would have expected! everything about our day was perfect! and she was so fun to work with, and even took my calls late at night. we waited a long time to get married, and sue worked with us alot... Read More before to make sure we had everything we wanted. and it was perfect!

2015-10-24T17:00:11 Response from the vendor

It was a blast to work with you - always kept me laughing, as we had so much fun together! Your wedding was so gorgeous. I just loved your vision, and your spirit for making sure all your family and guests had a fantastic time!... Read Less Read More

Perfect Wedding for my Daughter

Reviewed on 10/10/2015

Sue Kelson Events exceed our expections for our daughter's wedding! We hired her for Full Service Planning, and every detail was perfect! We loved all the vendors that she hired, from the florist to the caterer to the band. My daughter had a wedding that was far beyond what... Read More she expected, and that made me and my husband very happy!

2015-10-24T17:02:51 Response from the vendor

It was a joy to work with you and your daughter. You raised a woman who is kind and caring, and wanted a day filled with laughter and love, and I think we hit the nail on the head! And all together we planned such... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

Sue Kelson went above and beyond to make sure our daughter had a memorable day at her wedding and she delivered with elegance ,class and smile at all time. When we fired the florist ten days before the wedding , Sue got a new florist in 24 hours. It was a pleasure working... Read More with her and enjoyed her good spirit and optimism and accuracy . We strongly recommend her for your next event.We are sure you will enjoy working with her.

2015-10-09T21:32:33 Response from the vendor

What a pleasure it was to work with you and your husband, and help your daughter plan her wedding! With you both being in the hospitality business, it was such a joy to get to know you all. I can see why you are so... Read Less Read More

Couldn't have done it without her!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

The best decision I made was to hire Sue! The entire planning process was stress free and fun. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed her wedding day and my husband and I were able to enjoy the special moments with our family and friends. I highly recommend Sue Kelson and the Sue... Read More Kelson Events team!

2015-09-20T15:32:54 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to meet and get to know your entire family! You raised a gracious and beautiful daughter, and she just glowed on her wedding day! Such a nice family you have, and now, a new son-in-law to add to all the laughter!

Out of town Mom/Tried & True Indeed

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

My Daughter & her now, new husband live in Dallas--I do not. So when they decided to get married, in Dallas, I knew we would need professional help from someone who knew the area and the marketplace. I searched for wedding planners on line-which was a little scary in itself. I... Read More started with the reviews, then called the var ious planners, then had my daughter and her then fiancé meet with them. We discussed their meetings and chose Sue. So glad!! From the very beginning Sue had a plan. She first got to know my daughter and son-in-law, what they were like and what they wanted their wedding day to be. We discussed budget, of course, and then she went to work. I could not have done this from out of town nor could my daughter have found the vendors & pricing that Sue was able to. She found the perfect reception venue for them in no time at all. She was completely organized & professional, and had great contacts/vendors & ideas. She did her best to keep us in budget and even though we went slightly over (by about her fee) I believe by using her, we saved at least that much and had a much nicer experience,( the day of and the months before planning-MUCH less stressful-in fact, easy!) than had we not used her!! Also, since I could not be there for many of the pre-wedding planning events, I went for dress selection but couldn't make the first fitting :-( but Sue filled in for me--kind of a mom substitute. She shared those special moments with my daughter, took pictures and videos and shared them with me. I am very grateful for that! Sue Kelson--So great to work with--would recommend her highly!! Thanks Sue for a beautiful experience!

2015-08-28T17:42:29 Response from the vendor

It was such a delight to get to know you and your family. Katy was such a gorgeous bride, and a lovely girl. We had more fun together! She and your new son-in-law will have a blessed life together, and I know we will all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Qi W

I only had two months to prepare for my wedding. The limited time and being pregnant made me feel overwhelmed. My husband and I were not sure if we could make it within a certain budget in two months. However, we were lucky to find Sue to help us. Her professional experience and... Read More resources gave us lots of confidence and saved our time and efforts. We appreciate all her help to make our wedding so smooth and perfect. It is my wisest decision to have her as my wedding planner!

2015-05-19T02:15:15 Response from the vendor

You are so sweet! And I can't wait to meet your new little bundle of joy...the new love of your life! From the very beginning, you were so organized and easy to worth with - a wedding planner's dream come true! And it was our... Read Less Read More

Hands down the best out there!

Reviewed on 1/31/2015 Jennifer F

When I came here ( to do a research on what I thought it was a good wedding planner, I did not know what I got myself into! When I went to meet Mrs. Sue and Mrs. Beverly I was so scared, I did not know what to think or where to start. But, for my surprise they... Read More started asking us questions about our big day and everything went smoothly. They understood what we wanted and worked from there to make a VERY special and beautiful event. Mrs. Sue is very detailed oriented, and she would not let anything pass by without her noticing (and I mean ANY THING!!!) She is very fun to hangout with too! She will be there, by your side in every meeting to make sure everything is what you want. Overall I had a very very special day thanks to Sue Kelson Events! I cannot thank you enough for your work, your PATIENCE, and your time! HANDS DOWN THEY ARE THE BEST OUT THERE!

2015-01-31T15:52:52 Response from the vendor

We adored you and your husband, and we so happy to help with your wedding! You had a fantastic vision for your wedding day, and were such an organized bride, that it was such a joy for us to be involved with your wedding! We... Read Less Read More

Day of Coordination

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Iana G

My day of coordinator canceled on me. So I need to find someone just a few days before the wedding to help. Sue stepped in and asked all the right questions and pulled everything together perfectly in just two days!

2015-01-31T15:54:36 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to help you! And my goodness, what a wedding you had - by far, the best first dance I've even seen in my life! And I've done over 500 weddings, so it was pretty amazing! You two have a wonderful future... Read Less Read More

Our Daughter & Her Husband's Wonderful Wedding Day!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Sue Kelson Events: No need to look any further to find the most competent, honest and efficient Events Coordinators. Sue Kelson and Tina Yampanis gave our daughter and her husband as perfect a wedding as we had envisioned for them. They are true professionals in their field... Read More and there are not enough complimentary adjectives to describe these 2 ladies. When our previous coordinator bailed out on us at the very last minute, Sue & Tina pulled off the impossible when they stepped in within 3 days of their wedding and gave them the wedding of their dreams. I don't think there was a moment that day when our daughter and her husband did not have smiles on their faces. We were reassured within 15 minutes of speaking to Sue that our daughter and her husband would have a phenomenal day to remember and it was. They handled every detail before, during and after with such care and efficiency. "Perfect" was heard repeatedly by most of our friends and family. As an extremely satisfied Mother and Father of the Bride, we wholeheartedly recommend Sue & Tina.

2014-11-14T00:08:18 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure to help you and your family. Your daughter is a lovely person, and was a beautiful bride! And she married a fantastic loving man! We know they will have a lifetime of happiness together.

Sue Kelson Events -- EXCELLENT CHOICE

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

My niece was married this past summer, and I suggested that she use Sue Kelson Events, as she has helped me plan numerous events together in the past. Wise choice, as no one in our family had to worry about a single thing - Sue and Beverly took care of every single thing the... Read More entire day of the wedding. A button came off one of the groomsmen's tuxes, and Sue, even with a broken wrist, sewed the button back on so he was ready to go! My niece and her husband enjoyed their day, while Sue and Beverly kept them on schedule. It went off without a hitch! I would recommend Sue Kelson Events to any bride for a flawless day.

2014-11-14T00:10:13 Response from the vendor

I have adored working with you for over 20 years, so when you called about your niece, I was thrilled! What a beautiful couple, and fun wedding! Your family certainly always knows how to throw a great party!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 larae h

Sue and Beverly were a gift to Rob and I from the moment we met them. Both of us are busy professionals, we knew we wanted a tasteful and elegant wedding (not the first for either of us) but having the time to plan all the details and bring the right vendors to the table was... Read More overwhelming YIKES! Sue and Beverly did "all the heavy lifting!" They spent time getting to know us, discovered some of our favorite things - rain and umbrellas, deep rich royal colors, and devoted their time and talent to making the entire weekend perfect. There were family and friends from age 10 to 90 and they all had a marvelous time. They planned the "get pretty party" for the all the girls in the wedding, the wonderful meals, gathered up a terrific band and photographer (who was so inconspicuous you didn't even know he was there), arranged the rehearsal dinner and finally the end-of-the-weekend send off luncheon when we said good-bye to out of town guests. Through out it all they were professional, patient, pleasant and hilarious when it was time to be. So getting together with them for planning meetings was never a chore, it was always fun! Couples tell stories and laugh about that little guffaw that happened on their wedding day - we didn't have one, we had Sue and Beverly - no way that was going to happen!

2014-11-14T00:12:39 Response from the vendor

One of our all time favorite brides...and now a treasured friend with you and your husband! We loved helping you plan your wedding, and how you would keep Beverly and I laughing. You and your beloved will certainly have a wonderful life together!

Vegas Renewal of Vows

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Jinger F

Although Sue is my sister-in-law, she was also my wedding planner for my wedding in 1997, and my husband and I renewed our vows this past August in Las Vegas. Once again, I turned to the expert in the family to plan our event! All of our guests came from out of town, and Sue... Read More helped to arrange for transportation, hotels, and of course, the wedding chapel and reception. My husband had a few surprises up his sleeve, which Sue knew about and did not let me know, and our guests went crazy! At the end of the night, we were informed that we were nearly $1,000 short of meeting our food and beverage minimum. Sue stepped in and spoke with the manager, and arranged for ½ bottles of wine to be given away as party favors for our guests. Everyone got a big kick out of taking away a nice party favor, and our money was spent wisely. Everyone had a great evening, and I had no worries as Sue took care of all the details! You will not be disappointed, as she is very organized and thinks quickly on her feet – nothing will ruffle her feathers!

2014-11-14T00:13:50 Response from the vendor

I love you to the moon and back! As I've always said, you (my sister-in-law), are the BEST thing that has ever happened to our family. My brother is one lucky guy!

My Daughter's Happy Day

Reviewed on 10/01/2014

As the Father of Bride, it was a very emotional day to give away my little girl. Sue Kelson Events made the day less stressful, knowing that she was always near, to answer my questions, and even helped me with my Welcome Speech to our wedding guests. She assisted my wife in... Read More planning each and every aspect of the wedding from assisting in choosing my daughter’s wedding gown, to selecting the band. My job was much easier, but Sue helped me plan the golf tournament for the men, the day before the wedding. At the end of the night when my wife and I were very tired, Sue and Beverly helped get all the gifts into the car, along with the leftover wedding cake. My wife and I did not need to lift a finger. It was a wonderful day, and Sue Kelson Events was a big part of the success of the wedding!

2014-11-14T00:15:51 Response from the vendor

It was hard not to cry with you, as I watched the tears in the corner of your eyes, on the day you walked your beautiful daughter down the aisle! But she will always be "Daddy's Little Girl"...that I know for sure!

Wonderful Experience & Excellent Planner

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

My son was married this past summer, and Sue & Beverly made the wedding perfect! The mother of the bride lives out of town, so I did most of the planning for her. Without the help of Sue Kelson Events, I would have pulled my hair out! They helped me find the reception site,... Read More the DJ, and the perfect florist – all within our budget. The day of the wedding we enjoyed our guests and did not worry a single thing. Sue and Beverly had it covered!

2014-11-14T00:18:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you! And both "you moms" made the planning effortless! To watch your children get married with such love and happiness is what gives us joy, and we are glad that you trusted us with this most special day.

Perfect Evening!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

Sue Kelson Events helped plan my wedding and I could not have done it without her help! Sue and her team took over all the details, so I did not have to worry about a thing. As I was finishing my studies in NYC, I had little time to plan, and it’s also very hard to plan a... Read More wedding long distance. Sue and her team worked with my parents in Dallas to find my venue, florist, and band. It was an amazing night, and my husband and I enjoyed every moment, not worrying about one single detail. Sue told me when it was time for pictures, time to cut the cake, time to dance, and even made sure our reception site had a meal waiting for us when we arrived! We ate before we went into the reception, which was brilliant, as we were both so hungry! I would recommend Sue Kelson Events for your wedding or any special family party!

2014-09-30T02:38:59 Response from the vendor

Planning a wedding while you are finishing college is never easy...but you made it delightful! I so enjoyed working with your mom, and I hope when you are in town, you always stop by to say hello! We can go down memory lane talking about... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 debbie p

Sue Kelson Events helped me plan my daughter's wedding from start to finish. I am a very busy mom who did not have time to look for a reception site, or a florist, and Sue found my daughter the perfect site! She listened to what my daughter wanted for her wedding, and she... Read More followed through on every detail. She was helpful to me, as she always returned my calls right away, or answered my emails within just a few hours, even on the weekend. On the day of the wedding, I knew I did not have to worry about anything, as Sue checked on all the vendors in advance, making sure everything was in place. The wedding was perfect, and my daughter was very happy! I would highly recommend Sue and her team!

2014-09-30T02:41:14 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure! You made it easy, and we could not wait for your daughter's wedding day...and what a stunning bride she was! I am looking forward to helping you with your other a few years :)

Sue Kelson Events

Reviewed on 7/25/2014

I can only say superlatives to the way Ms. Kelson and her assistant Beverly handled the rehearsal and the WEDDING including reception. They handled everything so I as father of the Bride really only had to walk daughter down the isle leaving me to mingle with the guests.... Read More Anticipated everything without missing a beat

2014-09-30T02:43:17 Response from the vendor

Beverly and I were so happy on your daughter's wedding day! She was gorgeous, and you and your wife looked so happy! Being able to enjoy the evening without worries is our goal. You were the perfect host to your guests, and we were honored... Read Less Read More

Sue Kelson makes this work!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Kelley B

Sue did a wonderful job planning & executing our wedding reception. Prior to our official entrance, she carted my wife and I off to her office where 2 complete place settings awaited us (along with Advil & our favorite beverages). This was a nice touch because we were able to... Read More relax & eat before being bombarded by guests! Sue also expertly dispatched pesky children that were running around which ensured our photos we nice & memorable. Details like these (and many more) that most people, my wife and I included, never even think about is what makes Sue the perfect choice to handle your wedding and/or reception.

2013-10-04T19:07:35 Response from the vendor

I remember your wedding like it was yesterday! You two are some of the nicest people I've met, and not to mention...funny! We laughed and laughed during the planning process! And now I have two new friends with both of always seeing the two... Read Less Read More

True Professional

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Cheri R

Ms. Kelson is a true professional. Her many years of event planning experience at a variety of venues makes her the perfect choice to plan any type of event. We've used Ms. Kelson to plan five-star corporate events as well as holiday parties, private birthday parties and... Read More large-scale political fundraisers. She has top-notch contacts she can leverage for any imaginable service you may need. When we have an upcoming event, our first call is always to Sue Kelson Events to get the ball rolling. In addition to our company needs, Sue Kelson was also instrumental in my personal wedding planning. On short notice, she secured a venue and planned an extraordinary wedding and reception that we will always cherish. I would recommend her services to all of my closest friends and colleagues.

2013-09-30T21:55:27 Response from the vendor

You are always such a joy to work with! From all the different types of parties that we have planned, you are always so organized. Together we take the party to a new level! And...I love that you and your husband are now my friends... Read Less Read More