Flower Crowns, Fashion, Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

8 Stony Brook Ave, Stony Brook, NY (631) 751-8411

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Emily L

The floral work from Sugar Magnolias is pure artistry. My bouquet and the floral piece for the church were incredible and the flowers/greens were the best quality. Heidi is a wonderful person to work with as she is personable, organized, and extremely knowledgeable. Highly... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Alicia H

We met with Heidi multiple times leading up to the wedding. I knew what I wanted in terms of floral arrangements before I arrived. Heidi was very accommodating and helped turn my ideas into a reality. She sent me multiple ideas to choose from until I was 100% satisfied. She was... Read More very organized and personable. Aside from helping with our flowers, Heidi is also a Stonybrook local and had great insight on the community. She gave us ideas on where we should have our rehearsal dinner, where to stay, what to eat and things to do. We had our wedding at The Old Field Club. Everything that Heidi provided was absolutely gorgeous. We had so many compliments from our guests and the floral arrangements really stood out for our rustic themed wedding. The mantle was a true showpiece and she allowed us to incorporate additional flowers (dried hydrangeas from our own garden). We have several friends getting married this year, and will be sure to recommend Heidi and her team. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Ally M

Heidi is such a pleasure to work with! When I first met her I felt like I've known her for years, our meeting was an hour long but so enjoyable I didn't even notice! She so personable and wanted to know you know a personal level. She's so caring and detailed. She's been doing... Read More this for a long time and you can tell. She did a beautiful job and she's such a beautiful person inside and out. If I could give more than 5 stars I absolutely would.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 erin b

Heidi is amazing! wasn't sure exactly what I wanted but Heidi was filled with ideas and guidance. everything turned out perfect - beautiful across the board.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Ashlee F

Absolutely AMAZING! Heidi owns her shop and sincerely loves what she does. With one wedding per date, she pays attention to detail and helps your vision come to life. She wanted a picture of my gown before we decided on my bouquet...She wrote a proposal that was clear and... Read More concise and made many adjustments throughout our wedding planning. Our flowers were incredible and truly added to our wedding day. Heidi helped us achieve our look while accommodating our budget! They lasted for days to follow and I have received so many compliments! 2 friends have followed and booked her already! Thank you Heidi for all of your guidance!

Heidi is the best!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 cait R

I had an amazing experience with Sugar Magnolias Florist! Heidi was recommended through my wedding venue, The Old Field Club, and she did an amazing job! I wanted to stay within a certain budget when it came to flowers, and Heidi was so accommodating. The flowers were EXACTLY... Read More what I wanted. I didn't want the typical long island floral centerpieces and she really worked with me to make my vision happen. I clicked with her immediately and just loved working with her. She is lovely. Her studio is also really beautiful too!

Beautiful Work!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Monica L

I knew absolutely nothing about flowers when I started planning my wedding, so I put a lot of trust in Heidi's vision. We met with her one time and discussed our venue and style, and she came back quickly with a proposal that was very reasonable (she actually pushed a few times... Read More for options that would be less expensive, which you don't always find). As we got closer, some details changed, and she was always responsive to my questions. I opted to add a few things to my and my bridesmaid's bouquets (succulents, dusty miller), and was SO happy I did as I felt those made the bouquets so special and different. The only disappointing moment was when I had reached out with some questions about day-of logistics (wanting to know when flowers would be delivered to the venue for set-up, wondering how they coordinated that with the venue, etc.). I deal a lot with event logistics in my job, and I'm a highly organized person, so I was inquiring for these details to add to a master document I created which included information like that from all of my vendors. Instead of sharing this info, Heidi pushed back and said I need to "let her do the job she was hired for" - while I understand she was coming from a place of not wanting me to worry or be stressed about back-end logistics, I felt it was wrong to deny me the details of the logistics taking place on the day of my wedding (especially for a service I was paying for). If something happened and I was approached and asked what time flowers were being delivered/set-up, I would have had no clue, and that actually made me more stressed than I would have been if I just knew those details for my own edification. That being said, I let it go and left it all to her, and everything went perfectly (though I was never doubtful of that). The bouquets and arrangements were simply STUNNING and went beautifully with the decor of our venue. People were fighting over them at the end of the night so they could bring them home! I think Heidi is an amazing florist for a laid-back bride - it's great to go in not having a specific vision so that she can work her magic and create something beautiful for you.

Thank you Heidi!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Catie S

Flowers were something I originally didn't put as a priority - I wasn't one of those brides who put much thought into the flowers other than colors. Heidi was the perfect person to work with. I showed her pictures of my dress, the bridesmaids dresses and the table settings, and... Read More she created bouquets and centerpieces that I fell in love with. It ended up being one of my favorite details of the day! Heidi has terrific vision and it was an absolute pleasure to work with her!

Heidi is wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Allie M

Sugar Magnolias was our first and only stop for flowers. As soon as we met Heidi we just knew she would be wonderful to work with. She's truly a professional who knows what she's doing. She even went to see our venue because she had never been there before and gave us her... Read More thoughts on what we should do which turned out to be 100% RIGHT ON. She's so sweet and warm and really just wants everything to look beautiful, which it did, right down to the single flower on my lapel. THANK YOU HEIDI!!!!

Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Stephanie n

We are so happy that we chose Sugar Magnolias for our wedding flowers. Heidi was wonderful to work with and she has the most beautiful flowers that I have ever seen. The flowers on the day of our wedding were even more gorgeous than I could have imagined. The flowers were so... Read More vibrant, colorful and full. Heidi really captured the "feel" of our wedding.

Amazing bouquets

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Caitlin H

Heidi made the most beautiful bouquets for the bridesmaids and myself. She captured the exact color scheme I wanted for my wedding.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 Chelsea W

I loved working with Sugar Magnolias. Heidi was so nice and she knew exactly what I wanted! She always responded to my emails and was available to meet with me whenever I needed. I would recommend her to anyone. The flowers were GORGEOUS, especially my bouquet!!

Beautiful Flowers, Wonderful Florist

Reviewed on 1/12/2013 Andrea L

My experience with Sugar Magnolias was EXCELLENT. I met with Heidi, the owner, and before I did I emailed her a picture of my bridal gown and the bridesmaid dresses. Heidi had wonderful suggestions for flowers and understood that I wanted simple, classic, flowers. The bouquets... Read More were white, cream, and green, with a combination of roses and hydrangeas. On the day of the wedding, the bouquets and boutonnieres were delivered to wherever the groom and bride got dressed. The bouquets arrived in mason jars and were labeled for each lady. All the centerpieces were taken home and enjoyed by our guests. We had such a great experience.

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Abbie L

We loved working with Heidi! She did an amazing job. She was wonderful about helping us make the room look beautiful without wasting a lot of funds. We could not recommend her more highly!

Beautiful Flowers for a Beautiful Day

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Jackie B

This florist was fun and easy to work with and helped my vision come to life. The flowers came out even better than I could have imagined and guests raved about them all day. They also delivered the bouquets in mason jars with name tags for each girl, which was a really cute... Read More touch!

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 7/28/2012 Jillian S

We had hydrangeas and roses from Sugar Magnolias at our wedding a few weeks ago, and the flowers were absolutely beautiful! Heidi was so nice, and very helpful throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend Sugar Magnolias to anyone!

My bouquet was to die for!

Reviewed on 12/15/2011 Samantha K

Table flowers were beautiful..but my bouquet and my MOH's bouquet was to die for! Rich, full of texture and expertly arranged!

Loved my flowers and my florist too!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Ran D

Again, I loved working with vendors that adhered to the policy - one wedding at time. In addition, I was more interested in supporting independent business than the "wedding factories." I met with Sugar Magnolias about a year prior to my wedding. Heidi, the owner, sat and... Read More listened to what I envisioned. She provided me with honest feedback and recommendations. Although she couldn't show me live centerpieces, the photos of what she had created were enough to sell me - along with her warm, caring, bubbly personality. A few months prior to the wedding, I called Heidi in panic mode - that I hated the flowers we first decided upon. She was calm and told me not to worry. When meeting with her, I brought a swatch of the new color of my Bridesmaid dresses (I thought they were going to be teal, but I ended up going with a raspberry color). At this point, I had NO idea what I wanted as far as flowers were concerned. I was so confused, but I knew I HATED the flowers we had first decided upon. I let Heidi create whatever she felt would fit. I put my trust in her with giving little to no direction. The day of: I went into the ballroom to see the centerpieces and cried. They were sensational, and Heidi did the most amazing job I could have ever imagined. She added the extra elegant touches that were needed. Now, I only have to find another way in which I can work with her again.

florist

Reviewed on 7/25/2011 Stacy E

My centerpieces and bouquets were exactly what I wanted!! The peonies and roses were beautiful fresh blooms and were completely perfect!

amazing flowers

Reviewed on 7/24/2011 Kimberly b

I had seen the flowers being delivered for another wedding when we were looking at our reception hall and I thought they looked beautiful. We wanted nobody else to do our flowers except Hedi (the owner). She did not dissapoint us. The flowers were amazing (and fresh!). I... Read More wouldn't use anyone else.

beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 6/12/2010 Elizabeth G

Heidi was such a pleasure to work with. She understood my concept from the moment I began describing it and it was executed flawlessly. Vibrant and full purple and cream hydrangeas filled the church and the reception area. The flowers were beautiful and elegant.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Sarah J

She did JUST want we wanted. The flowers were beautiful and they really portrayed the feel of our wedding. My flowers were STUNNING. I wish they would have lasted forever. Both my girls didn't even want to put their flowers down.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stephanie G

Heidi is magnificent to work with, she really listens to what you want. We were very happy!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tina Z

It is a very personal florist who only does weddings. The owner works on everything herself and is very creative with great experience. She had some amazing ideas and was very flexible.