San Diego Wedding Planning & Design

Founded in 2010, Sweet Blossom Weddings is a full service wedding coordination & design boutique with an eye for detail and a passion for weddings. Our goal is to design a wedding that is unique to the couple and defines their personality through working together one-on-one in a relaxed and stress-free environment. With our guidance and expertise, we will help you with your wedding, your vision, and your dreams to make it the most memorable day. All packages include three planners on the day of your wedding. One is a bridal assistant to be your personal assistant for the day. Second is a set-up assistant to help with setting up decor and personal items. Your lead planner will be onsite from beginning to end to make sure your wedding is flowing smoothly and as perfect as you imagined.

Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

San Diego County and Orange County (858) 668-8263

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Jen L

We could not have been happier or in better hands with Sweet Blossom Weddings' expert organization, cheerful energy, awesome network of vendors, and top-notch execution of our entire wedding planning process and wedding day! Melissa is a joy to know and work with, and she really... Read More knows weddings. With Melissa we had the "ally" we needed to bring together our dream celebration, and she immediately became simply one of the best and most essential pieces of our wedding dream team, which she helped us assemble. SBW offers lots of different packages to suit different brides' and couples' needs, so if you need full service and design or if you're like us and really just need to know the ins-and-outs of wedding planning (how to structure and pull it all off), she's your gal and there 100%! On the day of our wedding, I felt absolutely joyful, calm, and able enjoy every moment, every guest, and every detail because I knew we were in such good hands. Melissa and her team are incredible, balancing the best and most professional services while managing to keep everything personalized, caring, joyful, and genuine while at it. My husband and I are so grateful to SBW!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Randi R

Melissa and her team are amazing! I'm so happy we hired Sweet Blossom to help us with our wedding! I purchased the Apple Blossom package (first month-last month coordination) and it was well worth the investment. Melissa was so easy to work with, very professional and organized,... Read More she listened to every concern I had, gave great recommendations, was always prompt to answer emails or take a phone call to help ease my stress of all the little wedding details and planning. I had 100% trust that our wedding day would be run seamlessly because of her...and it did! So seamless that we were ahead of schedule most of the night! Melissa and her team made the wedding day so stress free that we (and our family) got to really enjoy the whole day without having to worry about anything. I received a lot of compliments on how well organized and on top of things Melissa and her team were. I highly recommend hiring SBW to help coordinate your wedding! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Lisa S

Melissa and her team at SBW are truly amazing! Her kind and honest heart made it such a pleasure to work together, and her attention to detail and constant promptness made the stress of wedding planning not so bad! She went above and beyond and was always there to answer... Read More questions, offer support and listen to my input and concerns! She thoroughly reviewed all of the vender details and was prompt to make changes and contact vendors when needed, without a question! The day of the wedding, Melissa and her team made sure the day ran smoothly and she still had a beautiful smile on her face at the end of the night! (She was even there to quickly wipe the cake off my face when my husband smashed it in my face!) She’s seriously the best, and we couldn’t have done it without her!! I highly highly recommend working with this team for the best wedding experience ever!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jena D

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! My husband and I are recently married (April 2017) and we are THRILLED to give Melissa Reinke and her team at Sweet Blossom Weddings a GLOWING review. She is absolutely wonderful to work with! My husband and I planned the wedding in San Diego while living... Read More across the country and working full time in Massachusetts, so we booked the Cherry Blossom Package (full service) and Melissa was absolutely invaluable to us. We hired her about a year before our wedding date after we had already secured a venue but we needed her help with everything else, including music, lights, decorations, florals, and desserts. She's very professional, but also awesome and personable! She was extremely responsive to our emails and made time for phone calls or video chats whenever we needed her. She gave us great options of vendors to choose from within our budget and helped us navigate phone interviews, tastings, and contracts VERY easily. She kept us on track AND on budget and helped us to get exactly what we wanted based on what was important to us on our special day. In terms of the wedding day, her team was an absolute dream. She and an additional assistant handled the entire set up and break down of everything and an additional bridal assistant stayed with me and the girls to help solve any logistical issues or get us anything we needed. The bridal assistant was a wonderful addition to our day. I had ZERO stress day of and ZERO problems to solve, so I could completely enjoy the whirlwind. Plus, my bridesmaids loved it because they too could enjoy the day with me without being too busy with problem solving on my behalf. The day was truly seamless and we are so grateful to Melissa for helping to plan and orchestrate the wedding of our dreams!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Kelly B

Book Melissa and her team for your wedding if you want a flawless and worry free day. I had my fair share of hiccups wedding planning and even on the day of the wedding but never was truly stressed because I knew Melissa was there to help. I know my wedding day couldn't have... Read More been so perfect without her guidance and help. In addition, Olivia was my bridal assistant for the day and she was one of our favorite surprises on our wedding day. She kept my husband and I laughing during all the pictures while helping me with my train and also keeping all my bridesmaids and vendors on schedule. My wedding day was perfect and I know it couldn't have been without Melissa and Olivia- thank you!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Michelle D

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! I am so glad we put our trust in Melissa Reinke and the Sweet Blossom Wedding team to coordinate our wedding. Not only are they super ORGANIZED, PREPARED, and PROFESSIONAL, but also SWEET, CARING, SUPPORTIVE, and GENUINE. They encompass everything you... Read More want in a wedding coordinator!! Melissa and her assistants were prepared with each minute detail of the day, from the ceremony to the reception, to the décor and the gifts. She even made sure that all the valuable items of the day remained safe and secure (which was extremely important to me). Her team is able to handle any situation that might arise on your wedding day. Melissa and her team are worth the investment!! They are passionate about their work, and will make sure you are 110% IN LOVE with your wedding! Even my family members and friends commented on how motivated, engaged, and on top of things throughout the day! Words can’t express how thankful I am for Melissa and her team for making our wedding day so incredibly special and memorable!!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017

The best decision I made for my wedding was hiring Sweet Blossom Weddings! Kat was amazing from start to finish. When I first met with Kat, she took the time to get to know me and my now husband. She cared more about what kind of couple we were so she would be able to understand... Read More what we needed for a perfect day. I believe the key to have a stress free wedding day is trusting the professionals you have hired. From start to finish, Kat was able to recommend vendors that she knew were reliable and professional. Having her meant I didn't have to worry about the tedious things and I was really able to enjoy my day to the fullest. When we arrived back at our hotel at the end of the night, we found Kat and her team dropping off all of our things from the day (i.e photos, guest sign in canvas, ceremony items, etc.) It was everything I would have forgotten. It's been two weeks since our wedding and I am still hearing feedback from our guests about how incredible our wedding was. "Best wedding I've ever been to!" The feeling of being calm on the most important day of my life is priceless. I encourage any bride to at the very least set up a consultation with her. I have no doubt you will love her as much as I do. I'd give her 10 stars if I could.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Rob M

I would recommend Melissa and Sara to anyone planning a wedding. My wife and I were planning a destination wedding and knew nobody in the area. I cannot describe the amount of stress this created. Melissa and Sara were amazing. They made our wedding planning so much easier. We... Read More could not have been more happy with all their help and how the event turned out. They were extremely helpful leading up to the big day and even more helpful the day of. Do yourself a favor and use them to help plan your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Britney C

Melissa and the Sweet Blossom team were absolutely amazing!  They took care of everything and thought of every detail.  My wedding turned out better and more beautiful than I imagined it.  They did an excellent job interpreting my wedding style in setting up my wedding décor and... Read More details.  I usually have a difficult time giving up control, but I had complete faith and confidence handing the reigns over to Melissa and her team.  They kept me sane and I trust them 100% which are most important qualities when all you should be thinking about is enjoying your big day!  I was so impressed with their experience, professionalism, and organization.  I received multiple compliments from my guests about how on top of everything the coordinators were, and I would recommend their services in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Melissa M

We were married on October 1st, 2016 on Silver Strand Beach with our reception at Loews. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Melissa and Sara. I live out of town and they handled anything I needed. They contacted vendors and made my wedding day seamless. I didn't have... Read More to think about anything. I could call or email them anytime. They also provided a bridal assistant on my wedding day that helped keep us on schedule. They are so sweet and helpful and a joy to work with. I honestly don't know how I could have done it without them. Highly recommend Sweet Blossom!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Nicole M

I cannot say enough good things about Melissa and her team! It was such a pleasure working with her throughout the entire wedding planning process. She made it easy, fun and always kept us on track. Our wedding day went off flawlessly because of Melissa and her wonderful team.... Read More They did the most amazing job and we are so happy we entrusted our special day to her! I highly recommend Sweet Blossom Weddings!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Kate C

Melissa and Sweet Blossom Weddings were amazing! I initially wasn't sure how much value there would be in having a day of wedding planner but I am definitely glad that we hired SBW! Melissa and her team helped us coordinate things in the month leading up to our special day.... Read More She helped us communicate and coordinate all of our vendors for payment, the set up, and execution on the day. She was able to meet with us at the site a few days prior to discuss our plans for the lay out and flow of the day and gave us great input while still respecting our vision. On the day of, Melissa and her team seemed to be everywhere to take care of things and make the day run seamlessly without us having to worry about a thing! She kept us on track but was very flexible with any changes we had during the day. Her experience allowed her to anticipate things before anyone else and allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams! Her team was always very friendly, professional, and accommodating. I would definitely give her the highest recommendation to any couple even remotely considering a wedding planner. And if you aren't considering it, you should! As the groom, I was skeptical thinking we could do everything ourselves, but I am glad we had the SBW team there so that we could enjoy our day without any extra worries or stress! Thank you Melissa and Sweet Blossom Weddings!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Kiki D

I wish I could find adequate words to describe how absolutely amazing Melissa is. She came recommended by our hotel coordinator (who was also awesome). In the beginning: From the moment we spoke to her, we knew she was the one for us but when we met her, we were certain she... Read More was the best. She was friendly and honest. She never stopped smiling and never stopped critically analyzing our needs to come up with the best solutions. By the middle: Melissa never gave me room for doubting her. She had it all in the bag! Every question and concern was met with an answer and multiple solutions. She was a source of resources so that I didn't have to worry about other vendors. She tailored a package to meet our needs and our budget. She made it all seem possible even when it felt impossible. She worked with us at every bend and turn and never complained for a minute. In fact she did it all with a smile. At the end: Our entire wedding group, family and friends alike not only noticed the efficiency of Melissa and her team on that day but by the end of the night, they also loved her. She was cheerful throughout and coordinated everything to the very end. She was the first one there but equally important, she was the last one to leave. She has an eye for quality and it shows in every little detail. The bridal assistant was AMAZING! We can honestly say that Melissa and her team are a large part of what made our wedding beautiful, elegant, special and everything we imagined it could be and much more. Choose Melissa and her sweet blossom team! Choose Melissa and her sweet blossom team!! Choose Melissa and her sweet blossom team!!! K&P

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Bianca L

Melissa was our wedding coordinator for our large, fairly detailed wedding. She did a spectacular job! She was so easy to work with, very responsive to emails and made sure our day went beautifully, without a hitch. We could not recommend her enough! Don't even think about other... Read More planners/coordinators. Melissa is the right choice if you want your wedding day to be stress free and happy!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Heather D

My note to Melissa says it all! Here it is: Hi Melissa, All the wedding and honeymoon things have finally settled down and I wanted to THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you did to make our wedding the most perfect day I could have ever imagined!! You and your team, especially... Read More Charm were AMAZING! Everything went so smoothly, thanks to you. Your organization with everything beforehand and day of was incredible. I know you went above and beyond your ‘day of coordinator’ responsibilities by making sure all the timelines with all the vendors lined up before the actual wedding day. You were so sweet and high spirited throughout the entire process. I can’t even begin to say, how helpful you were to my mom and I. Even with the silly little questions we had, you were always quick to respond and honest in your advise. My mom and I felt so comfortable trusting you 100% with our wedding. We knew we were in good hands! We both were so impressed at how organized you are! We couldn’t imagine our wedding without you! We would have been so stressed out and I’m positive the day would not have been as flawless as it truly was. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and I would be so happy to refer you to any bride! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 3/03/2016

WOW! What can we say? Melissa was absolutely sensational. Her attention to detail was incredible and her suggestions for making the special day more memorable were invaluable. From the moment Melissa took charge, everything went like clockwork. There was not a single hitch,... Read More glitch or anything but pure magic. Our guests commented so many times about the quality of our coordinator and how smoothly and professionally she managed everything. Absolutely nothing was overlooked! Melissa's two wedding day assistants, Hannah and Sara were also wonderful. Simply put, we could not recommend Sweet Blossom Weddings more highly. I'm out of superlatives and Melissa deserves every one of them! Thank you for helping to make the day so memorable and special.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 James T

We can’t speak highly enough of Sweet Blossom Weddings! Melissa immediately convinced us that she was genuinely excited and dedicated to making our day special and unique. From the get go, Melissa was organized, professional, sensitive to our tastes and didn’t miss a beat. We... Read More have a baby and I was overseas for most of the wedding planning and Melissa really stepped up to the plate to make the planning go seamlessly. I was particularly impressed and relieved with her assistance the day of the wedding! She really rolled up her sleeves to help out in any and every way. There were many things going on on the back end that we weren’t even aware of until after the event and she took care of things beautifully! She’s a very hard-working problem-solver which are key traits in a wedding planner. She made it so easy for us to enjoy the day and not feel stressed. To top it off she is a warm, upbeat person who is a pleasure to work with! She and her team could not have done a better job in making our day so special and making everything go off without a hitch! We are so grateful to Melissa and Sweet Blossom Weddings and couldn’t recommend them more highly!

Reviewed on 1/03/2016

Melissa and her team were truly amazing. Aside from the fact that Melissa always had a very sweet and positive demeanor, always came to our meetings early, was incredibly professional and organized, has great taste, and had fantastic follow-through, I would say the real win with... Read More her was that she made both my and my (now!) husband's parents really trust her. My mother for one, does not even believe in wedding planners but I knew we had won her over when on the day of the wedding, rather than bombard me with questions, concerns and last minute emergencies, I saw her go straight to Melissa. Melissa fielded all of the out-there requests, and managed to deal with every challenge without batting an eye. I was also very impressed with how she made everything run on time. My husband and I have giant, slow Asian families which certainly affected the proceedings during our reception, and Melissa managed to move things around, check in with me, coordinate with the DJ, etc. such that we ended up not falling behind and missing out on crucial things like how much time we had to dance, cut the cake, etc. I also loved that during the reception, she was present and I felt she was in charge, but it wasn't in a way that was overbearing or too visible. Finally, I felt that Melissa was honest. She would be upfront about what was possible, what was not, where we should spend our money, where she saw red flags, etc. That was really great and helped us plan in the best way. All in all, Melissa was so impressive that while she is San Diego based, I live and work in LA and recommend her to people even if their weddings are not in San Diego. There are so many wedding planner horror stories--unfortunately, my sister's was one of them, which pretty much scarred me--that if you find a good planner who's personally recommended, it's worth it. Thank you Melissa!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Noelle S

Melissa and her team from Sweet Blossom were simply incredible! They made our wedding day beautiful and stress free! They crew created a gorgeous and fun setting for our ceremony and transformed the reception space into something I never imagined. Melissa and her team were all... Read More helpful, sincere, professional and fun to work with! Melissa, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Joshua G

Melissa and her team made everything run so smoothly. My wife and I purchased the "day of" package. We had a basic vision of what we wanted our wedding to be like. We found everything then handed everything over to Melissa and she made it a reality and more. We cannot thank her... Read More enough. We were beyond satisfied with her service. She is easy to work with and is very organized. We would definitely recommend her if you want your wedding to be exactly how you want it. She was perfect.

Meet The Coordinator

SBW Team

Sweet Blossom Weddings is a small team of certified wedding planners that have over ten years of experience. We genuinely love what we do and feel honored to be a part of our couple's special day. We have worked at some of the top wedding venues in San Diego County, including Estancia La Jolla, Rancho Bernardo Inn, Park Hyatt Aviara, L'Auberge Del Mar, Paradise Point, La Jolla Woman's Club, Loews Coronado, The Inn at Rancho Sante Fe, Hotel Del, just to name a few.