Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Oakbrook , IL
Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Caitlin L

I worked with Tamara and Jody for my wedding in July, and they are absolutely wonderful from start to finish—I could rave about them from the hair trial all the way to our wedding day! Going into the trial, I was worried about my wedding makeup because of my combination dry/oily... Read More skin, and Tamara really put me at ease about it. Not only did my makeup look amazing at the trial, but she also provided me with tips on skin care products that might help fix my dry skin, in addition to wedding day tricks to make sure my skin looked great on a hot summer day. And honestly, my skin hasn't looked this good in years—I cannot thank Tamara enough for her recommendations! Jody also listened to my ideas at the trial and made a hairstyle that was exactly what I was looking for. When it comes to the wedding day itself, my biggest worry was about the timeline for getting ready because we had a large group, but they were very willing to offer insight based on my schedule and provided affordable options when it came to hiring assistants and additional people to come help. They are used to working with large wedding parties, and I saw that first hand! They did all ten of us girls incredibly efficiently, making my 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law look INCREDIBLE... Everyone's hair and makeup lasted all day and all of my bridesmaids kept getting compliments on their amazing hairstyles! They also recreated the look I had at the trial even more beautifully than I thought possible—It was exactly what I had envisioned for myself as a bride! I couldn't have asked for a better hair/makeup team. Not only do they do everything seamlessly, but they are also so FUN to work with! Hire them.. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

It is every bride's goal to look flawless on their wedding day. When looking through Tamara's portfolio on their website, all of the brides looked like models, to the point where I was almost skeptical - did they use photoshop or are these women actual models? Regardless, I... Read More booked Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry immediately because there is no doubt I wanted to look like that on my wedding day. I am a very emotional person (I cry when I'm happy, cry when I laugh, cry when im sad), I have oily skin, frizzy hair (I know, I am making myself sound really attractive), and I planned to dance the entire night of our wedding. All which had me concerned about my makeup fading/smudging and hair frizzing/curls falling by the end of the night. Fast forward to the wedding day, I am not joking when I say every single person I talked to complimented my makeup and hair. Not only at the beginning of the day but even after all of the photos, crying, laughing, heat, wind, and lots of dancing - I literally looked the same throughout the entire day and I felt so beautiful. They are miracle workers! I also highly recommend the airbrushing. Make sure to book them ASAP without any hesitation!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Erin L

I would absolutely recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I booked Jody (hair) and Christina (makeup), and both girls exceeded my expectations- not only because of their talents, but also because of their personalities. I'm very simple when it comes to hair and make-up,... Read More and prefer the more natural look. For my wedding day look, I wanted to stay true to myself but also feel more "glam" than usual. I told this to Jody and Christina, and they totally understood/worked with the instruction. Jody worked wonders because I have very thin hair. She made my hair look SO FULL/voluminous- I LOVED IT. She really listened to any critiques I had to make sure my hair ended up exactly how I wanted. Jody was also extremely patient. A couple of my bridesmaids were either indecisive or picky, and she worked really well with them to make sure they were happy with the end result. Christina was just as great as Jody. I LOVED my wedding makeup. She did a great job at respecting my wishes to remain natural, and really took her time to make sure I looked perfect. Both Jody and Christina showed up on time the day of the wedding, and had more than enough time to complete all the hair/makeup appts. I never felt overwhelmed/rushed with time- which was so great. They also offered tips prior to the wedding day to prevent the hairspray or makeup from ruining the floors/furniture. Overall, working with Jody and Christina from Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry was such a great experience. I would without a doubt recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sanna K

Tamara and Jodi are fantastic to work with! I used them for all 3 of my wedding events (for an Indian wedding)! They had another wedding the same morning as my event and they were still so timely and amazing! I received so many compliments on the different hairstyles and makeup... Read More looks! They were not only great on the days of the events, but they are also super professional and fast at responding back during the wedding process! The bridesmaids and my family also looked stunning on the actual wedding day! Jodi and Tamara are the dream team for hair and makeup! :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Maria O

What a great team to work with on such a special day! We had Lauren and Melanie as our glam godmothers! They were great and patient! Loved every ones look! Our makeup stayed on point all throughout the day and let me tell you it was a longgg day.I was amazed at how good... Read More everyone still looked by the end of the night even after so many happy tears. Thank you Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry for your excellent work

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Samantha E

Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry was recommended to me by a friend and they did not disappoint! Darby and Mel were not only amazing at what they do but are both so sweet and genuine! My bridesmaids, mothers, and I all loved our hair and makeup and it looked perfect all night. I... Read More live in Washington DC and Mel and Darby made accommodations to do my trial when I was in town for my shower. They were flexible in adjusting to our time changes with photographer and venue scheduling and were very professional. Can't wait to see the pictures to see just how beautiful our hair and makeup turned out!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jaclyn B

Darbie was our makeup artist for my wedding and she was absolutely AMAZING! She was extremely helpful when I asked her questions throughout the time I had booked and up to our wedding day. She wanted to ensure my makeup was perfect (and it absolutely was!). She had a challenge... Read More of covering a birthmark on my cheek, which she did with ease. I have to say that I thought my makeup would be the most stressful part with my birthmark, but she was fantastic and a phenomenal artist and a genuinely kind person. I highly recommend! Jenine was the hair stylist we had for our big day and she was also amazing!! From the trial to the day of, I knew my hair and all my girls would look beautiful. She is fast (9 girls all on her own) and everyone's hair was different, yet beautiful. She was fantastic to work with and very sweet! I highly recommend as well! Overall, I would definitely recommend them any day! I miscounted the number of girls (somehow in the chaos) getting their hair and makeup done... so, DAY OF there were two extra girls thrown at both of them. They were happy to accommodate and we still finished on time with everyone looking flawless. Thank you for making this experience so wonderful & stress free!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Ashley G

Once I saw the portfolio for Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry I knew I had to book them. I had Sabrina and Cristina for hair and makeup. Once I met them at my trial I knew I was going to look amazing at my wedding. They are so professional and do an amazing job. I seriously can't... Read More say enough great things about them. I got soooo many compliments on my look and 3 brides to me asked me for my hair/makeup team info to use at their wedding!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Elda Y

Having read such outstanding reviews and having seen their portfolio, I knew I wanted no one but Tamara Makeup and Hair working on me and the girls! Tamara called me promptly after receiving my voicemail. She was so thorough, professional, and so kind and helped me pick a date... Read More for my trial right away. When I got there, I was welcomed by all the girls on her team! Everyone was incredibly friendly and warm. I was so lucky to have been paired with Darbie and Mel! What an amazing duo these two are! I was so nervous with both hair and make up, but they both took the time to listen to my concerns and my needs. They offered their suggestions and the trial began! Darbie is so amazing at what she does - she knows her stuff and knows exactly how to bring the look you want to life. She was patient, attentive, and very detailed. I loved my makeup. Mel was the same! She listened to me and did exactly what I had requested. My hair looked amazing. And they made the whole experience fun!! We had a great time! Needless to say, I booked them and couldn't have made a better decision. Darbie and Mel came to our home on the big day and worked on a total of 12 of us. Each girl walked away feeling so beautiful and in awe of their work. AMAZING! We all received so many compliments. The experience was phenomenal. Thank you guys for your fabulous work and kindness!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 TIFFANY L

I could not have been happier with the services from Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry for my wedding. They were so very accommodating and easy to communicate with, especially when it came to changing my wedding day look at the last minute. Jody and Lauren made everyone and myself... Read More look and feel FABULOUS and FLAWLESS! I wanted the best and got the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Corrinne K

I could not have been happier with the hair and makeup services from Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry for my wedding! Many of my bridesmaids were nervous to get their makeup done, due to bad past experiences from other makeup artists, but I have to say that every single one of... Read More them loved their makeup on my wedding day! You will not be disappointed from the services provided with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Allison S

Tamara Hair and Makeup Artistry is first class and one of the best decisions I made for my wedding!! Tamara was AMAZING from beginning to end! I can't even put into words how professional, friendly, and quick to response with anything I had in question. I went online to start... Read More researching about artists and put my search on hault when I can across Tamara. She told my bridesmaid to have an idea of a hair style (Picture or Pinterest)and what makeup look they would like. Jenine and Tamara not only did what was on the picture, they made it better!! We all looked like models. Tamara and Jenine....thank you for making my dream wedding come true!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Despina P

I saw Tamara's work on various Instagram posts and I was especially obsessed with a look she did that was all over Pinterest. As soon as I began wedding planning, I knew I needed to book Tamara for my wedding. We did my trial 9 months before the wedding! That's how sure I was... Read More that I wanted her to do my hair and makeup. Melanie and Jolisa listened to everything I said during my trial. They asked me so many questions about myself to get to know my style and personality. Needless to say, I loved how everything turned out at the trial and I anxiously awaited the next 9 months. Tamara's communication is amazing, as was Melanie's. We came up with a schedule and the day of the wedding the artists were prompt and found their own work space. Mel and Jolisa made every single person in my family (I didn't have a bridal party) look absolutely stunning. Each person's hair and makeup was so unique and different from everyone else's. They gave each woman a look of their own! As for my hair and makeup, I had an expectation, but as soon as I looked in the mirror I was blown away. My makeup was flawless and I was glowing! My hair was exactly what I wanted and more- different than the typical bridal look. I'm so beyond thrilled that I chose Tamara Hair and Makeup Artistry for my wedding day. They are talented women with beautiful hearts! I've recommended them to everyone! If you want to look stunning and flawless on your wedding day, you won't go wrong!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

Darby did an excellent job!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Nellie R

For my wedding about a month ago, I worked with Tamara and Sabrina and it was the best vendor decision I made - HANDS DOWN! I refuse to allow others to do my hair and makeup because every time that I do, I feel that I do not look natural, glamorous, or remotely like myself.... Read More However, during my initial hair and makeup trial, Tamara and Sabrina helped me to identify the ideal look for my wedding day and whipped up an amplified, more gorgeous version of myself: I was sold. Two weeks prior to the wedding, I decided to wear my hair down instead of up and Sabrina fit me into her crazy busy schedule to do an extra trial, which was above and beyond accommodating! The day of the wedding, Tamara and Sabrina efficiently worked their magic on all five bridesmaids, both mothers, my flower girl, and most importantly, myself. I received endless compliments on my hair and makeup from my guests and I genuinely felt the most beautiful that I ever have in my life. If you are looking to have the greatest look on the biggest day of your life, do not hesitate to hire them. It will be the best decision you'll make in wedding planning!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Rachel T

Working with Tamara's team was absolutely wonderful. They were extremely proficient and very equipped for the job. All of my bridesmaids makeup and hair looked absolutely flawless. I could not have asked for any better of a turn out. I especially loved my hair and makeup. I... Read More would recommend Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry to anyone looking for a quality job on the most important day of their life!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

I was standing up in my cousin's second wedding. I am 45-years old and was so uncomfortable with the idea of being a bridesmaid and more importantly...of being in tons of photos. I was so nervous when I met Sabrina, who would be doing my hair. I had sent a photo ahead of time,... Read More to give her an idea of what I wanted. She nailed it! And by "nailed it" I mean she made it even more beautiful than the photo (sorry Eva Longoria!). Next up: Darbie! What can I say? This beautiful woman is a true artist. She has skill (& speed) beyond belief. When I saw how beautiful the matron-of-honor looked I became nervous and excited. Nervous I could never look as stunning as she did, and excited to be even a fraction as beautiful. I am not one to find myself attractive, but I looked & felt amazing that evening. My only regret was not taking more photos. Seriously, for the first time in my life I truly felt beautiful. If only you were around for my wedding in 1991. Thank you to everyone at Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry. I will highly recommend you to any and all future brides I meet and will look forward to having you "beautify" me again in the future.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Katie D

Before booking with Tamara, I had a trial with a different salon. It was the worst nightmare, my hair looked nothing like I wanted, despite giving the stylist several pictures, and the curls and updo fell out 30 minutes after I had it done. I was absolutely devastated and scared... Read More that I wouldn't be able to find anyone else in time for my wedding. I found Tamara through the knot and the reviews were pretty good. I can honestly say that the reviews here do not do Tamara and her team justice. They are absolutely the best hands down. Jody and Tamara brought me in for a trial and totally put me at ease. They worked with me and told me I had nothing to worry about. I was skeptical, but didn't have many choices since my wedding was only a few weeks away. I was floored. Both are extremely skilled in their craft. I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life than I did after my trial and on my wedding day. I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup, as did everyone else in my bridal party. I was told we looked extraordinarily glamorous and completely elegant. I would highly recommend Tamara and Jody for your wedding. They are beyond talented and so wonderful to work with. Thank you for your fantastic work!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Peg D

The team of Christina & Sabreena were the Tamera make up and hair artistry representatives for our wedding morning. They were punctual, professional and friendly. Everyone looked fabulous and received compliments through out the night. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Lindsey M

I would like to start out by saying how much I loved my hair and makeup and how they both stayed looking perfect the entire night. Jody did an amazing job on my hair. I decided to leave it down, it felt more like myself wearing it down, and even with the humidity of that summer... Read More day, she made it last. The waves were perfect and everyone complimented how beautiful the style was. I've never had my hair look more perfect!! She also did my mother, my 4 bridesmaids, my 2 flower girls, and 2 family friends, all of which looked amazing and couldn't stop raving about how beautiful they felt. Tamara also did an incredible job on my makeup. I didn't have to give her much direction, just a few ideas that I liked, and the rest was her amazing talent. As I said it was a humid day and my makeup didn't budge. She highly recommended air-brush and seeing the results I am so happy we did it. I am not one to wear a lot of eye makeup but definitely wanted to amp it up for my wedding, and Tamara made me look exactly how I wanted. My skin which is never flawless looked just that. She also did my bridal party's makeup, everyone was extremely pleased, and guests were complimenting all of us all night. This team of girls has such wonderful talent, I highly recommend using them for your special day!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016

Amazing team! Definitely recommend and would book again for any future events!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Jordan M

Loved using Tamara Hair and Makeup for our wedding. They were great for a couple reasons: 1) They were easily able to accommodate our large group of 11 for hair and 11 for makeup. We started at 11 and were done by three. They even brought assistants to help out. 2) Our hair and... Read More makeup looked amazing and lasted all night. My friend, who is a hair and makeup artist herself, was so impressed by how beautiful our makeup stayed. It was a really hot June Saturday and nothing budged. We were sweating a bit but you could not tell. 3) I told Lauren, my makeup artist, about my oily skin and she did a great job making sure to use products that would stay and keep me shine free. She also recommended some products to have handy throughout the night to make sure everything stayed gorgeous. 4) Lindsey did my hair and it was just so much more than I could ask for. It stayed put and was exactly what I wanted. 5) They were so friendly, on time, and professional. My friend loved them so much, she booked them for her wedding!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Melissa J

There is no one better than Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry! Tamara is completely professional, organized and detailed leading up to your big day to make sure everything is perfect. Sabrina was on hair and made myself and 8 others look absolutely fabulous. Jolisa was on makeup and... Read More I've never felt more beautiful and confident. All my bridesmaids said they all were so happy and everyone looked amazing. They both worked quickly and stuck to the timeline and i can not thank them enough!!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Liz M

Tamara and Jody were AWESOME! Can not say enough good things about the both of them. The trial was easy to schedule and get to. Their on-site location is so cute and fun. Tamara was very helpful as I didn't know what my "look" would be. And it was perfect. The wedding day went... Read More smoothly. Tamara and Jody were able to do hair and makeup on 8 bridesmaids, 4 readers, 2 moms and me under a tight time crunch! I was so impressed with how my hair and makeup turned out and lasted. The most beautiful I have ever felt. LOVED EVERYTHING! Very much recommend.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Kim B

Lauren did my hair and my bridesmaids' hair, and she did a spectacular job. She made all of us feel beautiful and our hair was done so well. She was also just such a pleasure to have around on the big day. I highly recommend this team!

Start a Conversation!