Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs

Elite On Location Bridal Hair and Makeup Teams

Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, billboards, photo shoots, and more. We offer many different packages for hair & makeup! Tamara will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Oakbrook , IL Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs (630) 346-0150

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Caitlin L

I worked with Tamara and Jody for my wedding in July, and they are absolutely wonderful from start to finish—I could rave about them from the hair trial all the way to our wedding day! Going into the trial, I was worried about my wedding makeup because of my combination dry/oily... Read More skin, and Tamara really put me at ease about it. Not only did my makeup look amazing at the trial, but she also provided me with tips on skin care products that might help fix my dry skin, in addition to wedding day tricks to make sure my skin looked great on a hot summer day. And honestly, my skin hasn't looked this good in years—I cannot thank Tamara enough for her recommendations! Jody also listened to my ideas at the trial and made a hairstyle that was exactly what I was looking for. When it comes to the wedding day itself, my biggest worry was about the timeline for getting ready because we had a large group, but they were very willing to offer insight based on my schedule and provided affordable options when it came to hiring assistants and additional people to come help. They are used to working with large wedding parties, and I saw that first hand! They did all ten of us girls incredibly efficiently, making my 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law look INCREDIBLE... Everyone's hair and makeup lasted all day and all of my bridesmaids kept getting compliments on their amazing hairstyles! They also recreated the look I had at the trial even more beautifully than I thought possible—It was exactly what I had envisioned for myself as a bride! I couldn't have asked for a better hair/makeup team. Not only do they do everything seamlessly, but they are also so FUN to work with! Hire them.. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

It is every bride's goal to look flawless on their wedding day. When looking through Tamara's portfolio on their website, all of the brides looked like models, to the point where I was almost skeptical - did they use photoshop or are these women actual models? Regardless, I... Read More booked Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry immediately because there is no doubt I wanted to look like that on my wedding day. I am a very emotional person (I cry when I'm happy, cry when I laugh, cry when im sad), I have oily skin, frizzy hair (I know, I am making myself sound really attractive), and I planned to dance the entire night of our wedding. All which had me concerned about my makeup fading/smudging and hair frizzing/curls falling by the end of the night. Fast forward to the wedding day, I am not joking when I say every single person I talked to complimented my makeup and hair. Not only at the beginning of the day but even after all of the photos, crying, laughing, heat, wind, and lots of dancing - I literally looked the same throughout the entire day and I felt so beautiful. They are miracle workers! I also highly recommend the airbrushing. Make sure to book them ASAP without any hesitation!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Erin L

I would absolutely recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I booked Jody (hair) and Christina (makeup), and both girls exceeded my expectations- not only because of their talents, but also because of their personalities. I'm very simple when it comes to hair and make-up,... Read More and prefer the more natural look. For my wedding day look, I wanted to stay true to myself but also feel more "glam" than usual. I told this to Jody and Christina, and they totally understood/worked with the instruction. Jody worked wonders because I have very thin hair. She made my hair look SO FULL/voluminous- I LOVED IT. She really listened to any critiques I had to make sure my hair ended up exactly how I wanted. Jody was also extremely patient. A couple of my bridesmaids were either indecisive or picky, and she worked really well with them to make sure they were happy with the end result. Christina was just as great as Jody. I LOVED my wedding makeup. She did a great job at respecting my wishes to remain natural, and really took her time to make sure I looked perfect. Both Jody and Christina showed up on time the day of the wedding, and had more than enough time to complete all the hair/makeup appts. I never felt overwhelmed/rushed with time- which was so great. They also offered tips prior to the wedding day to prevent the hairspray or makeup from ruining the floors/furniture. Overall, working with Jody and Christina from Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry was such a great experience. I would without a doubt recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Loreal K

I worked with Tamara for my makeup and Jodi for my hair. They were both so easy to work with and are both so talented. For being extremely picky about my hair and makeup, these two left me stunned. I loved how I looked along with how my bridesmaids looked. I highly recommend... Read More both of them, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Kaitlyn G

I booked Tamara and Melanie for our wedding just last week and I was so exceptionally impressed with the services we received. Like many others have mentioned in these comments, just look through their portfolio; if you like what you see then book them because they deliver every... Read More single time! It is one skill to be able to do makeup well on one person, and another skill entirely to be able to do makeup well on EVERY person you meet. Tamara is hilarious and incredibly sweet as well as extremely talented. Melanie was phenomenal as well, I was astounded that she could simply look at a photo for one minute, and recreate it seamlessly in less than 30 minutes on all my bridesmaids and myself. She is supremely talented and so very sweet as well. I felt like a princess on our wedding day. As a bride I highly recommend you give them a call, there is no better feeling than being confident you will be stunning on your big day.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Maribel D

The first time I used Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry was for my wedding (January 2012) and I only used their makeup services, Cristina did an amazing job and my makeup lasted all day and night. The second time I used their services was for my brother's wedding (December 2016) and... Read More this time we did both hair and makeup for myself, my Mom, sister-in-law and aunt and yet again Cristina did an amazing job and Sabrina did an amazing job with our hair (and extensions)! It made me regret not using their hair services when I got married. As a person who loves makeup I feel absolutely comfortable using their services for all of my special events because the entire team goes above and beyond every time and their work is impeccable!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Maribel D

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Jenny L

I had Tamara and Lindsey for my April wedding and couldn't have been happier! The pictures even got published! Loved my hair and makeup, especially how they were on time, organized (you can tell they do this all the time!) and the work was flawless. Afterwards I was asking my... Read More family and friends and every single one of them loved there hair and makeup! I know from experience this is a very rare thing! From the moment I meet Tamara and Lindsey at the trial, I put my trust in them and they worked magic, thank you again ladies!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Meg C

I had a wonderful experience with Tamara and Melanie! Both ladies were warm, friendly, professional, and most importantly very talented. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding day hair and makeup, exactly what I wanted. The morning of my wedding was a calm, enjoyable time.... Read More We were ready on time, I felt so relaxed, I am so thankful!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Lexi B

Thank you so much to Tamara, Cristina & Jenine! They were absolutely wonderful and made me look better than I could've ever imagined! I would recommend them to any bride/bridesmaids who want to look absolutely perfect on their wedding day :)

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Sonali G

Working with Darby and Jeanine on my wedding day went as smoothly as I could have hoped :) The girls are so talented, kind and fun! I had 9 bridesmaids along with my mother, mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law who all chose to have their hair and makeup done, and all of the... Read More applications were done without a glitch. Thank you Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Kelly P

If you are looking for a hair and makeup artist, Tamara Makeup & Hair should be a serious consideration! I saw their work when I was a guest at a friends wedding, and I asked the bride who did their hair/makeup. She recommended Tamara. I was beyond happy with my look on the... Read More day of my wedding. I am so happy that I did a hair and makeup trial, too. I was able to try out the look all day, and I was able to come up with some "tweaks" for the day-of look. Cristina and Sabrina were awesome - higly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Meredith P

They are so professional and easy to work with, and create such beautiful looks! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Sara S

I worked with Sabrina and Christina for my wedding October 2016. They were seriously the most amazing team. They did a beautiful job on me and my 8 bridesmaids. We used the airbrushing make up which felt so comfortable. I highly recommend this company for your wedding hair and... Read More make up! They are super friendly and very accommodating. They can pretty much do any look you want as long as you have pictures. Love!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Randi M

I booked Tamara (makeup) and Jody (hair) for my wedding and couldn't have been more impressed. They got to the hotel early and were in a great mood even though we had a room issue. They never complained and went with the flow. They joked with my entire party and listened to... Read More what each person really was looking for in each look. In the end, we all received numerous comments on how gorgeous our hair and makeup looked. We got ready in the morning and the ceremony wasn't until 5 pm and everything lasted the entire day! I was so happy and would recommend them to anyone! Thanks for making my wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sanna K

Tamara and Jodi are fantastic to work with! I used them for all 3 of my wedding events (for an Indian wedding)! They had another wedding the same morning as my event and they were still so timely and amazing! I received so many compliments on the different hairstyles and makeup... Read More looks! They were not only great on the days of the events, but they are also super professional and fast at responding back during the wedding process! The bridesmaids and my family also looked stunning on the actual wedding day! Jodi and Tamara are the dream team for hair and makeup! :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Maria O

What a great team to work with on such a special day! We had Lauren and Melanie as our glam godmothers! They were great and patient! Loved every ones look! Our makeup stayed on point all throughout the day and let me tell you it was a longgg day.I was amazed at how good... Read More everyone still looked by the end of the night even after so many happy tears. Thank you Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry for your excellent work

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Samantha E

Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry was recommended to me by a friend and they did not disappoint! Darby and Mel were not only amazing at what they do but are both so sweet and genuine! My bridesmaids, mothers, and I all loved our hair and makeup and it looked perfect all night. I... Read More live in Washington DC and Mel and Darby made accommodations to do my trial when I was in town for my shower. They were flexible in adjusting to our time changes with photographer and venue scheduling and were very professional. Can't wait to see the pictures to see just how beautiful our hair and makeup turned out!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jaclyn B

Darbie was our makeup artist for my wedding and she was absolutely AMAZING! She was extremely helpful when I asked her questions throughout the time I had booked and up to our wedding day. She wanted to ensure my makeup was perfect (and it absolutely was!). She had a challenge... Read More of covering a birthmark on my cheek, which she did with ease. I have to say that I thought my makeup would be the most stressful part with my birthmark, but she was fantastic and a phenomenal artist and a genuinely kind person. I highly recommend! Jenine was the hair stylist we had for our big day and she was also amazing!! From the trial to the day of, I knew my hair and all my girls would look beautiful. She is fast (9 girls all on her own) and everyone's hair was different, yet beautiful. She was fantastic to work with and very sweet! I highly recommend as well! Overall, I would definitely recommend them any day! I miscounted the number of girls (somehow in the chaos) getting their hair and makeup done... so, DAY OF there were two extra girls thrown at both of them. They were happy to accommodate and we still finished on time with everyone looking flawless. Thank you for making this experience so wonderful & stress free!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Ashley G

Once I saw the portfolio for Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry I knew I had to book them. I had Sabrina and Cristina for hair and makeup. Once I met them at my trial I knew I was going to look amazing at my wedding. They are so professional and do an amazing job. I seriously can't... Read More say enough great things about them. I got soooo many compliments on my look and 3 brides to me asked me for my hair/makeup team info to use at their wedding!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Elda Y

Having read such outstanding reviews and having seen their portfolio, I knew I wanted no one but Tamara Makeup and Hair working on me and the girls! Tamara called me promptly after receiving my voicemail. She was so thorough, professional, and so kind and helped me pick a date... Read More for my trial right away. When I got there, I was welcomed by all the girls on her team! Everyone was incredibly friendly and warm. I was so lucky to have been paired with Darbie and Mel! What an amazing duo these two are! I was so nervous with both hair and make up, but they both took the time to listen to my concerns and my needs. They offered their suggestions and the trial began! Darbie is so amazing at what she does - she knows her stuff and knows exactly how to bring the look you want to life. She was patient, attentive, and very detailed. I loved my makeup. Mel was the same! She listened to me and did exactly what I had requested. My hair looked amazing. And they made the whole experience fun!! We had a great time! Needless to say, I booked them and couldn't have made a better decision. Darbie and Mel came to our home on the big day and worked on a total of 12 of us. Each girl walked away feeling so beautiful and in awe of their work. AMAZING! We all received so many compliments. The experience was phenomenal. Thank you guys for your fabulous work and kindness!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 TIFFANY L

I could not have been happier with the services from Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry for my wedding. They were so very accommodating and easy to communicate with, especially when it came to changing my wedding day look at the last minute. Jody and Lauren made everyone and myself... Read More look and feel FABULOUS and FLAWLESS! I wanted the best and got the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Corrinne K

I could not have been happier with the hair and makeup services from Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry for my wedding! Many of my bridesmaids were nervous to get their makeup done, due to bad past experiences from other makeup artists, but I have to say that every single one of... Read More them loved their makeup on my wedding day! You will not be disappointed from the services provided with Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Allison S

Tamara Hair and Makeup Artistry is first class and one of the best decisions I made for my wedding!! Tamara was AMAZING from beginning to end! I can't even put into words how professional, friendly, and quick to response with anything I had in question. I went online to start... Read More researching about artists and put my search on hault when I can across Tamara. She told my bridesmaid to have an idea of a hair style (Picture or Pinterest)and what makeup look they would like. Jenine and Tamara not only did what was on the picture, they made it better!! We all looked like models. Tamara and Jenine....thank you for making my dream wedding come true!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Despina P

I saw Tamara's work on various Instagram posts and I was especially obsessed with a look she did that was all over Pinterest. As soon as I began wedding planning, I knew I needed to book Tamara for my wedding. We did my trial 9 months before the wedding! That's how sure I was... Read More that I wanted her to do my hair and makeup. Melanie and Jolisa listened to everything I said during my trial. They asked me so many questions about myself to get to know my style and personality. Needless to say, I loved how everything turned out at the trial and I anxiously awaited the next 9 months. Tamara's communication is amazing, as was Melanie's. We came up with a schedule and the day of the wedding the artists were prompt and found their own work space. Mel and Jolisa made every single person in my family (I didn't have a bridal party) look absolutely stunning. Each person's hair and makeup was so unique and different from everyone else's. They gave each woman a look of their own! As for my hair and makeup, I had an expectation, but as soon as I looked in the mirror I was blown away. My makeup was flawless and I was glowing! My hair was exactly what I wanted and more- different than the typical bridal look. I'm so beyond thrilled that I chose Tamara Hair and Makeup Artistry for my wedding day. They are talented women with beautiful hearts! I've recommended them to everyone! If you want to look stunning and flawless on your wedding day, you won't go wrong!

Start a Conversation!