Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs

Elite On Location Bridal Hair and Makeup Teams

Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, billboards, photo shoots, and more. We offer many different packages for hair & makeup! Tamara will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Oakbrook , IL Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs (630) 346-0150

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Katie D

I spent countless hours researching hair & makeup salons and websites trying to find the perfect company to handle my wedding day look. Every site I looked at, I was disappointed by the lack of quality in the hair and makeup. I wanted to look like a celebrity the day of my... Read More wedding! Then I stumbled upon Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. All of their photographs were stunning and I new right away I NEEDED them for my wedding. Every step of the way they were amazing. I did not work directly with Tamara herself but she always answered my questions very quickly. I had Lindsey for my hair, she was amazing; I feel terrible right now because I'm blanking on the name of the girl who did my makeup but she was also amazing and so sweet. The day of my wedding I changed my makeup and my hair slightly and both the girls were so accommodating. I was nervous about changing things up from the trial and not having a chance to see it but I was so happy with my wedding day look. I kid you not, ALL of my bridesmaids LOVEEEEDD their hair and makeup, and they can be a hard group to please. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend using them for your own wedding day.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Colleen H

As a makeup artist I was hesitant to hire anybody because I know how I like things done, but Tamara blew me away! Tamara and her team are so incredibly talented and not to mention so kind! All emails were answered promptly and she runs her business very professionally. Her... Read More studio is absolutely gorgeous, you truly feel like you have your own personal glam squad! Thank you so much Tamara and Melanie for making me feel so gorgeous! My bridal party was very diverse in terms of girls that never wore makeup to girls that loved a good layer of makeup and she was able to please every single one! HIGHLY recommend her and her team of talented artists!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

It is every bride's goal to look flawless on their wedding day. When looking through Tamara's portfolio on their website, all of the brides looked like models, to the point where I was almost skeptical - did they use photoshop or are these women actual models? Regardless, I... Read More booked Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry immediately because there is no doubt I wanted to look like that on my wedding day. I am a very emotional person (I cry when I'm happy, cry when I laugh, cry when im sad), I have oily skin, frizzy hair (I know, I am making myself sound really attractive), and I planned to dance the entire night of our wedding. All which had me concerned about my makeup fading/smudging and hair frizzing/curls falling by the end of the night. Fast forward to the wedding day, I am not joking when I say every single person I talked to complimented my makeup and hair. Not only at the beginning of the day but even after all of the photos, crying, laughing, heat, wind, and lots of dancing - I literally looked the same throughout the entire day and I felt so beautiful. They are miracle workers! I also highly recommend the airbrushing. Make sure to book them ASAP without any hesitation!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Taylor N

Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry is WONDERFUL!! I am always end up changing my hair and makeup but Jenine did flawless work. We got so many compliments on our makeup throughout the night and she nailed EXACTLY what we wanted. I cannot wait to have a need to get my hair and makeup... Read More done again because I will be booking with Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry asap! And will be asking for Jenine!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Chelsey G

I am so so so happy that we chose Tamara Hair and Makeup for April 29th wedding!!! We had Tamara for make-up and Lindsey for hair. My bridal party consisted of 7 girls and then five family members who wanted hair and make-up as well. They were on time and did a flawless job on... Read More all of the ladies. Everyone looked so beautiful! The day of I was totally calm and knew that my hair and make-up would be exactly what I had hope for – this is because Tamara and Lindsey allowed me to do a trial at their studio (which is an amazing studio – by the way)! Photos turned out amazing – and I really do think that having such an experienced (and professional) hair and make-up team was one of the BIG reasons they turned out so well! It rained the ENTIRE day of my wedding – and everyone’s hair and make-up lasted the entire day and night. Tamara and Lindsey are true professionals – they are so talented. If you can book with them – DO IT! You will not regret it. Thank you Tamara Hair and Make-Up for making me feel like the best version of myself on my big day!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Dana L

This place is AMAZING. My hair and makeup turned out way better than I ever expected. I only had one other hair & makeup trial (in which my hair looked like a rat's nest and the staff was less than pleasant), so when I stumbled upon Tamara I breathed a sigh of relief! My... Read More experience was phenomenal from start to finish. Every interaction with the staff was friendly and professional. These girls are the best!! I will definitely be recommending to friends and family.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Shannon S

Tamara and her team are the best! For my brothers wedding last May, Tamara and her team came and did all the girls hair and make up.Everyone looked stunning!! I was in love with the way they did my hair and make up that I cancelled on the lady I booked for my wedding this coming... Read More December to have Tamara and her team do all the girls hair and make up for my wedding.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 gabrielle k

Lauren and Sabrina were fantastic! They were both so easy to work with and super talented! My girls and myself felt beautiful for my big day. Everything was perfect! Will definitely be recommending Tamara Makeup and Hair to others!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Devoni B

Tamara's team (Christina and Janine) was fantastic to work with. From the hair and makeup trial through the wedding day they were very professional. We received many comments from guests regarding how beautiful the bridal party looked. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup... Read More and her team did an excellent job making my makeup pop while still looking like myself. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Maya D

Tamara Makeup + Hair was wonderful to work with! I had Tamara for makeup and Melanie for hair on my wedding day and they were amazing. They both did exactly what I wanted and my bridesmaids loved them as well. We all had different skin tones and hair textures, and they knew how... Read More to work with all of them! I did a makeup and hair trial with them the month before that went great, but I had a couple changes after the trial that they implemented perfectly on the wedding day. Also, my makeup and hair lasted all day and night so I looked and felt great in all my pictures throughout the day. Their services are quality and worth every dollar. I can’t recommend Tamara enough!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Michelle B

Tamara and Lindsay were the perfect pair to help my bridesmaids and myself get ready for the big day. I was one of those indecisive brides who showed up to my trial without a specific hair/makeup style in mind. I told them I just wanted something natural looking for makeup and... Read More my hair loose and low. Without any photos, they literally produced the exact image I hoped for in my head and they reproduced it (but even a million times better which I didn't know was possible) on the big day. They were so personable, fun, and easy to work with. They made me feel absolutely gorgeous. I loved that I didn't feel like I was wearing too much makeup or didn't look like myself, I just felt like my best self - even after dancing for about 6 hours straight. They were INCREDIBLY organized. They provided me with checklists before the wedding, helpful hints, and other things I needed to think about that I wasn't aware of (valet, certain face creams to avoid, etc) so there were no surprises on the big day. Thank you ladies so much for making my day beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Lesley P

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Tamara and her team! We had our wedding on July 1, and they made my bridesmaids, Moms and I feel so beautiful! The makeup was gorgeous, and even though it was a lot of makeup, it did not look overwhelming on anyone's face. One of my... Read More bridesmaids has a fear of getting her makeup done because she has dealt with many times not liking it after it was complete, and she said that this was the best her makeup has ever looked when getting it done professionally. Everyone's hair looked beautiful and unique to them, and they lasted all day, even in the summer heat. Tamara's team was so great to work with and I would strongly recommend them if you are looking for a wedding hair and makeup artist. Thank you Tamara and team for making everyone look amazing!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Teresa W

Loved everyone's makeup by Darby! She was so sweet and talented! She was willing to do whatever we asked her to, and made sure everyone was happy with their look for the big day. Very happy with our choice!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kayla G

Seriously, the best ever! My bridal party and I had our hair and makeup done by Jenine and Tamara.. they did such an amazing job!! I requested more of a natural look and Tamara captured my vision perfectly. I would recommend Tamara and her team of rockstars for any bride who... Read More wants to look and feel flawless on their big day!! Thank you Jenine and Tamara for your professionalism and Making me feel like the most beautiful bride ever! The proof is in the pictures. Muah!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Leila G

I highly recommend Tamara Make up and hair. They made my day so much easier and more beautiful. I loved how everyone's hair and make up looked. Adriana did a great job on everyone's make up. I loved my make up. All the girls looked stunning. She listened to everyone and made... Read More sure they get what they want. Jodi did a fantastic job on the hairs. Not only everyone's hair looked great but it also lasted all night. Our ceremony was outside and it was on a extremely windy day. We were also dancing all night. Despite all of that everyone's hair lasted night.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Heather D

I recently got married and a friend recommended Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I had already booked a different hair stylist who had done my hair as a bridesmaid in another wedding but used Tamara's company for makeup for myself, my mother and the bridal party. When contacting... Read More the company I was open to any makeup artists and was randomly matched with Darbie. I feel so lucky that we were matched. She did a phenomenal job with all of the makeup!! Even our hairstylist was commenting on how she thought our makeup was the best she's ever seen. Not only is Darbie incredibly talented, but she has such a great personality that it was completely normal having her with us all morning. I cannot say enough good things about her and how happy I am with the service. Thank you for making us beautiful on my big day!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Gina P

Tamara and her team were so wonderful to work with! Lauren and Lindsey made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! They really listened to my requests and made sure I felt comfortable with my look. The team also made my bridesmaids look amazing. Their hair and makeup were... Read More flawless and elegant- everything I envisioned. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend Tamara for all of your hair and makeup needs!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Melissa L

I can't say enough how much I appreciate and LOVE Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! I had a very huge bridal party (19 girls for Hair and Makeup) and my team not only stayed on schedule, but also created the most beautiful hair and makeup looks! Each of my girls wanted something... Read More unique, from a mohawk updo, to a high ponytail updo, to a beautiful side braid, and lots of other detailed hairstyles. Our Hair Stylists Sabrina and Terri really knocked it out of the park with their incredible skills! Sabrina did my hair and made me feel like an absolute princess. She truly has a gift and is so very artistic. :) Cristina did our makeup. She had a vision for each girl and knew exactly what would look nice on all of them. My girls are all so very beautiful and Cristina knew exactly what to do to enhance their already beautiful faces! Cristina's assistant Nina was also such a hard worker and did an amazing job prepping the girls faces for their desired looks! It was such a happy and emotional day and I had lots of happy tears. It was also a hot day in July, but our makeup held up perfectly the entire day! One of my bridesmaids after the wedding said, "They are the best ever!" They truly are the absolute best of the best and I highly recommend Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry! Their work is incredible and their professionalism and kindness are impeccable. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my fairytale day even more perfect! We all had such a blast!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Pauline T

I was most nervous about hair/makeup because I keep my look relatively natural and simple so I wanted to feel like myself but glammed up for my wedding day. Tamara's team did an excellent job to meet my goals. I think the most important thing to remember as the bride is to know... Read More exactly what you want for your wedding day. Do your research ahead of time and be specific with what look you want. It is also really helpful to bring one person with you whose opinion you trust most to get honest feedback. The process was professional and straightforward. We had our trial about 4 months before the wedding. They provide you with thorough instructions and expectations. I was assigned to Cristina for makeup and Jody for hair. I have to say that they are amazing. I showed them my ideas and they executed it to the tee. Unfortunately, I went home and I realized that I made the wrong choice for my hairstyle. I also wanted to make sure that I received the air brush in the trial so I knew what I would be getting on the actual wedding day. I was very anxious to tell them, but they handled the situation like true professionals. We set up a 2nd trial to ensure that I was confident with my style and it was perfect. Cristina also suggested that I get a facial because I tend to have dry skin and it worked to make my skin a better texture for the wedding. They also worked around my very odd work hours for my trial. On the actual wedding day, they were there at the exact time they said they would be to set up. They were ready to go with a lot of energy to get through eleven girls. They were efficient and they did a beautiful job with each girl. Jody is so talented that she can do trendy and classic styles without hesitation. Cristina enhanced all of my girls' beauty without making them look overdone. She applied just the right amount of makeup, lashes, and colors like a true artist. They were done early and they did touch ups before they left. All of my bridesmaids and my mother in law were very happy with their look and I was happier with my final look more than I was at my trials. I whole-heartedly recommend Tamara and her team for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Kasia R

Great decision!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Jenny G

Don't even consider any other place. Tamaras Makeup & Hair Artistry is TOP NOTCH. I can't get over how incredible everyone looked. And they're great with timelines - leaving a good amount of time for touchups. They traveled 2 hours to Notre Dame for our big day, were there right... Read More on time and made sure everyone was happy. Our photos are INCREDIBLE and we had more people ask who did hair and makeup. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jeannie K

Tamara and her girls, Jody, Adriana and Terri are TOP NOTCH chicks. I find that every time I get my hair and makeup done, the people doing it don't listen. That is the exact opposite of these ladies. Go in with pictures of what you want and they will replicate it to a 'T.' Not... Read More only that but they work quick! We had 13 ladies and they churned through us, touched us up and were out the door before planned. I was so happy on my wedding day. I looked like the best version of myself and I have Tamara and her girls to thank for that!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Erin M

Working with Tamara's team was a dream come true! I had Jolisa for makeup & Sabrina for hair - can't say enough about how wonderful they are! Both took their time to work with me to create the perfect bridal look. My bridesmaids loved both their hair and makeup and wish they had... Read More known about Tamara when they were planning their weddings. You won't regret booking them!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Neha M

I worked with Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry for my Sangeet and Wedding day looks. I worked with Tamara for makeup and Jody for hair. Let me tell ya - these ladies are the real deal. They know exactly what needs to be done to achieve photo-ready hair and makeup that doesn't... Read More budge. I got my makeup and hair done at 11am for a 7pm event and it lasted the entire day. On my wedding day, I got my hair and makeup done at 10am for a 4pm OUTDOOR ceremony start time in the HEAT and I looked flawless all day long and well into the after-party. Every one of the ladies in my family was blown away by how quick these ladies worked. They also were able to perfectly bring to life the hair and makeup inspiration photos they shared. Everyone looked radiant and felt radiant all day. Tamara was also extremely patient and accommodating when it came to booking additional trials and letting me take the lead on my winged eyeliner style (something I can be very picky about). Jody was extremely sweet and had an amazing calming presence. I am so happy I was able to work with her for three different hair looks. I would highly recommend these ladies to any brides on the hunt for their wedding-day hair and makeup artists. These ladies are hair and makeup fairies -- everything they touch turns to beautiful :)

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Marissa S

Oh my goodness I am so excited to be leaving a review for Tamara Hair and Makeup!!! Hair and Makeup was one of the most important vendors I chose for my wedding. I'm known throughout my friend group as the go-to anything for makeup, hair, skincare, nails, etc, so my expectations... Read More were ridiculously high. I'm happy to say they KILLED it and did an unbelievable job. I felt exactly how I wanted to feel on my wedding day, and my h&m looked awesome in person and in photos (obviously an important thing on your wedding day). My wedding day was obnoxiously windy, so I was terrified I was going to look like a bird's nest after photos and before my ceremony. To my surprise, my hair and makeup was still in tact; what a feat!! I was able to give Lauren and Lindsey little direction on the day of because everything was already perfectly mapped out. My trial was exactly what I wanted and helped me feel SO relieved leading up to the big day. Lauren and Lindsey far exceeded my expectations and are the NICEST and greatest addition to any bridal party; they get along with everyone! It was a pleasure to work with Tamara and her team and would highly recommend to any bride looking for a skilled team.