Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry

Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs

Elite On Location Bridal Hair and Makeup Teams

Tamara & her team have many years of professional experience,working on countless numbers of weddings, print work, billboards, photo shoots, and more. We offer many different packages for hair & makeup! Tamara will help make your wedding day unforgettable, from the trial to the big day!

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Oakbrook , IL Serving Chicago & Surrounding Suburbs (630) 346-0150

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Caitlin L

I worked with Tamara and Jody for my wedding in July, and they are absolutely wonderful from start to finish—I could rave about them from the hair trial all the way to our wedding day! Going into the trial, I was worried about my wedding makeup because of my combination dry/oily... Read More skin, and Tamara really put me at ease about it. Not only did my makeup look amazing at the trial, but she also provided me with tips on skin care products that might help fix my dry skin, in addition to wedding day tricks to make sure my skin looked great on a hot summer day. And honestly, my skin hasn't looked this good in years—I cannot thank Tamara enough for her recommendations! Jody also listened to my ideas at the trial and made a hairstyle that was exactly what I was looking for. When it comes to the wedding day itself, my biggest worry was about the timeline for getting ready because we had a large group, but they were very willing to offer insight based on my schedule and provided affordable options when it came to hiring assistants and additional people to come help. They are used to working with large wedding parties, and I saw that first hand! They did all ten of us girls incredibly efficiently, making my 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law look INCREDIBLE... Everyone's hair and makeup lasted all day and all of my bridesmaids kept getting compliments on their amazing hairstyles! They also recreated the look I had at the trial even more beautifully than I thought possible—It was exactly what I had envisioned for myself as a bride! I couldn't have asked for a better hair/makeup team. Not only do they do everything seamlessly, but they are also so FUN to work with! Hire them.. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

It is every bride's goal to look flawless on their wedding day. When looking through Tamara's portfolio on their website, all of the brides looked like models, to the point where I was almost skeptical - did they use photoshop or are these women actual models? Regardless, I... Read More booked Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry immediately because there is no doubt I wanted to look like that on my wedding day. I am a very emotional person (I cry when I'm happy, cry when I laugh, cry when im sad), I have oily skin, frizzy hair (I know, I am making myself sound really attractive), and I planned to dance the entire night of our wedding. All which had me concerned about my makeup fading/smudging and hair frizzing/curls falling by the end of the night. Fast forward to the wedding day, I am not joking when I say every single person I talked to complimented my makeup and hair. Not only at the beginning of the day but even after all of the photos, crying, laughing, heat, wind, and lots of dancing - I literally looked the same throughout the entire day and I felt so beautiful. They are miracle workers! I also highly recommend the airbrushing. Make sure to book them ASAP without any hesitation!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Erin L

I would absolutely recommend Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry. I booked Jody (hair) and Christina (makeup), and both girls exceeded my expectations- not only because of their talents, but also because of their personalities. I'm very simple when it comes to hair and make-up,... Read More and prefer the more natural look. For my wedding day look, I wanted to stay true to myself but also feel more "glam" than usual. I told this to Jody and Christina, and they totally understood/worked with the instruction. Jody worked wonders because I have very thin hair. She made my hair look SO FULL/voluminous- I LOVED IT. She really listened to any critiques I had to make sure my hair ended up exactly how I wanted. Jody was also extremely patient. A couple of my bridesmaids were either indecisive or picky, and she worked really well with them to make sure they were happy with the end result. Christina was just as great as Jody. I LOVED my wedding makeup. She did a great job at respecting my wishes to remain natural, and really took her time to make sure I looked perfect. Both Jody and Christina showed up on time the day of the wedding, and had more than enough time to complete all the hair/makeup appts. I never felt overwhelmed/rushed with time- which was so great. They also offered tips prior to the wedding day to prevent the hairspray or makeup from ruining the floors/furniture. Overall, working with Jody and Christina from Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry was such a great experience. I would without a doubt recommend them to any bride!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kristen S

My daughter got married on 4/8/17. Tamara did everyone's makeup and Janine did their hair. They exceeded everyone's expectations! They were very organized from the first time we talked to schedule the trials and the wedding day. They make sure everything is covered prior to the... Read More big day so that everything goes smoothly. Tamara & Janine made every girl look their absolute best. Every girl felt beautiful. I think the bride is the only one that had a photo to follow. Everyone else just let them do their thing and loved the results. The photos are absolutely stunning! We are so happy we found Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry! We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Andrea P

Amazing experience ! The staff and atmosphere was incredible ! Unforgettable !!! Highly recommend! Superb talent !!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Emma H

Cristina and Jodie were amazing and made my wedding day so memorable! I can't thank them enough! I wish I could hang out with them every weekend!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Kelly H

My Tamara Makeup and Hair Artistry team was AMAZING! I worked with Jodi for hair and Lauren for makeup. They were so much fun and did such a wonderful job on me and my bridesmaids! So talented! It was nice to have someone come to the wedding location to have everything done. I... Read More would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Britt s

LOVED my hair and makeup done by Jenine! She was so sweet and fun to hang out with during the trial and big day! Very very talented, especially in makeup! My makeup lasted 8+ hours and my hair was still curled into the next morning!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Lola M

Tamara and her team are amazing! I wouldn't recommend anyone else! Love them!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Elizabeth E

This was the first vendor I booked once we had our date set. I had been in a wedding that used them before and I LOVED them. I was thrilled with my wedding hair and makeup!!! Not just me, my entire wedding party was so happy with their hair and makeup! Everyone looked... Read More amazing and we received so many compliments. Lindsey and Cristina were just so, so great! It was such a nice feeling to not have to worry about my hair or makeup. After my trial I knew they understood exactly what I wanted and would make it happen! I completely trusted them and was so happy with the results. My hair and makeup stayed flawless all evening.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Jude M

Jenine was great! She was super patient and she made great make up suggestions! My bridesmaids and I were super happy with our hair and make up, we would definitely choose Tamara Make up + Hair Again.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Kristen K

Tamara did everyones make up for my wedding and Jody did everyone's hair. We had 13 ladies getting both hair and make up. I can't say enough good things about them! They were on time, completed everyone's hair and make up so quickly! Everyone looked amazing and got exactly what... Read More they asked for. On top of their incredible service, they are so nice and funny! They made the morning much less stressful! I would reccommend them to anyone! Thanks again Tamara and Jody!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Loreal K

I worked with Tamara for my makeup and Jodi for my hair. They were both so easy to work with and are both so talented. For being extremely picky about my hair and makeup, these two left me stunned. I loved how I looked along with how my bridesmaids looked. I highly recommend... Read More both of them, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Kaitlyn G

I booked Tamara and Melanie for our wedding just last week and I was so exceptionally impressed with the services we received. Like many others have mentioned in these comments, just look through their portfolio; if you like what you see then book them because they deliver every... Read More single time! It is one skill to be able to do makeup well on one person, and another skill entirely to be able to do makeup well on EVERY person you meet. Tamara is hilarious and incredibly sweet as well as extremely talented. Melanie was phenomenal as well, I was astounded that she could simply look at a photo for one minute, and recreate it seamlessly in less than 30 minutes on all my bridesmaids and myself. She is supremely talented and so very sweet as well. I felt like a princess on our wedding day. As a bride I highly recommend you give them a call, there is no better feeling than being confident you will be stunning on your big day.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Maribel D

The first time I used Tamara Makeup & Hair Artistry was for my wedding (January 2012) and I only used their makeup services, Cristina did an amazing job and my makeup lasted all day and night. The second time I used their services was for my brother's wedding (December 2016) and... Read More this time we did both hair and makeup for myself, my Mom, sister-in-law and aunt and yet again Cristina did an amazing job and Sabrina did an amazing job with our hair (and extensions)! It made me regret not using their hair services when I got married. As a person who loves makeup I feel absolutely comfortable using their services for all of my special events because the entire team goes above and beyond every time and their work is impeccable!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Maribel D

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Jenny L

I had Tamara and Lindsey for my April wedding and couldn't have been happier! The pictures even got published! Loved my hair and makeup, especially how they were on time, organized (you can tell they do this all the time!) and the work was flawless. Afterwards I was asking my... Read More family and friends and every single one of them loved there hair and makeup! I know from experience this is a very rare thing! From the moment I meet Tamara and Lindsey at the trial, I put my trust in them and they worked magic, thank you again ladies!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Meg C

I had a wonderful experience with Tamara and Melanie! Both ladies were warm, friendly, professional, and most importantly very talented. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding day hair and makeup, exactly what I wanted. The morning of my wedding was a calm, enjoyable time.... Read More We were ready on time, I felt so relaxed, I am so thankful!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Lexi B

Thank you so much to Tamara, Cristina & Jenine! They were absolutely wonderful and made me look better than I could've ever imagined! I would recommend them to any bride/bridesmaids who want to look absolutely perfect on their wedding day :)

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Sonali G

Working with Darby and Jeanine on my wedding day went as smoothly as I could have hoped :) The girls are so talented, kind and fun! I had 9 bridesmaids along with my mother, mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law who all chose to have their hair and makeup done, and all of the... Read More applications were done without a glitch. Thank you Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Kelly P

If you are looking for a hair and makeup artist, Tamara Makeup & Hair should be a serious consideration! I saw their work when I was a guest at a friends wedding, and I asked the bride who did their hair/makeup. She recommended Tamara. I was beyond happy with my look on the... Read More day of my wedding. I am so happy that I did a hair and makeup trial, too. I was able to try out the look all day, and I was able to come up with some "tweaks" for the day-of look. Cristina and Sabrina were awesome - higly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Meredith M

They are so professional and easy to work with, and create such beautiful looks! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Sara S

I worked with Sabrina and Christina for my wedding October 2016. They were seriously the most amazing team. They did a beautiful job on me and my 8 bridesmaids. We used the airbrushing make up which felt so comfortable. I highly recommend this company for your wedding hair and... Read More make up! They are super friendly and very accommodating. They can pretty much do any look you want as long as you have pictures. Love!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Randi M

I booked Tamara (makeup) and Jody (hair) for my wedding and couldn't have been more impressed. They got to the hotel early and were in a great mood even though we had a room issue. They never complained and went with the flow. They joked with my entire party and listened to... Read More what each person really was looking for in each look. In the end, we all received numerous comments on how gorgeous our hair and makeup looked. We got ready in the morning and the ceremony wasn't until 5 pm and everything lasted the entire day! I was so happy and would recommend them to anyone! Thanks for making my wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sanna K

Tamara and Jodi are fantastic to work with! I used them for all 3 of my wedding events (for an Indian wedding)! They had another wedding the same morning as my event and they were still so timely and amazing! I received so many compliments on the different hairstyles and makeup... Read More looks! They were not only great on the days of the events, but they are also super professional and fast at responding back during the wedding process! The bridesmaids and my family also looked stunning on the actual wedding day! Jodi and Tamara are the dream team for hair and makeup! :)