8 Pomeroy, Crystal Lake, IL

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Melanie H

Kim (The Constant Scribe) is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is extremely responsive, thorough, detail-oriented, and helpful. Her etiquette guide to envelope addressing was a lifesaver with all of the complicated relationships on our guest list!! And her work...oh my... Read More goodness, her work! It is in a league of its own! She was able to perfectly match the script font on our invitations, and addressed the dark navy paper beautifully in white gouache ink. I'm so glad we made the decision to hire a calligrapher, and so incredibly thankful that we chose Kim! I thought her prices were extremely reasonable for the quality and timeliness of the work. I only wish we had more things that needed calligraphy! WORK WITH KIM FOR YOUR WEDDING - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

Outstanding Service!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Courtney G

I used The Constant Scribe to address our wedding invites. Kim was a saint to work with. I had a ton of questions having never done this before and not being familiar with wedding invitation etiquette to say the least, and she was amazing. She guided me through the process,... Read More made recommendations, was incredibly patient when my invites got lost in the mail and very accommodating throughout the process. Not to mention the calligraphy done is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend using The Constant Scribe for any calligraphy needs.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." Kim is an exceptionally talented calligrapher with a heart of gold. My family had the pleasure of working with her for two (!) family weddings this year (my brother's and my own). Her dedication to excellence shines through at every touch,... Read More whether it's a corrected name, a newly learned script, an openness to different ideas, a clever suggestion, etc. In addition to her exquisite envelopes, menus and place cards, we had asked Kim to create something beautiful for our vows to be written on. She listened to our requests but went above and beyond to make something we will cherish always. That kind of artistry is truly a joy forever.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 jori s

Kim has been the best and easiest person to work with throughout my entire wedding planning process!! Her work is truly one of a kind and I could not have been happier with the work that she did. She definitely made this process a lot less stressful by always sending proofs and... Read More making sure we were happy with the work. When the envelopes for our invitations came in we were BLOWN away by her work. Her talent is outstanding and we definitely could not pass up the opportunity to work with her on our escort cards : ) I recommend working with Kim as she does NOT disappoint!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

Look no further if you are looking for flawless artistry and a stress-free experience! Kim is the consummate professional and a delight to work with. She is very responsive and well versed in the etiquette of invitations.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Christina G

My mom found Kim for me and I am so happy that she did! Kim was easy to work with, came in under budget and worked quickly. When I finally saw the addressed invitations, I could hardly believe that they were hand done! The work looked so perfect it almost appeared that they had... Read More been printed by a machine. My guests will be very impressed!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Katie P

Kim was a complete joy to work with in every way. From the very first email, she was extremely affable, quick to respond to questions, and enthusiastic about the work. She picked a font for our invitations that we both love, that fits our style. She was very thorough with our... Read More guest list, making sure we got the etiquette and formatting right, and *even corrected an address we didn't even know was wrong*! She was up-front about pricing, and our final cost was spot-on. She got the envelopes done with time to spare, and the end results are just beautiful! Our wedding invitations now have a gorgeous, personal touch to them that we would never get using a printer. I cannot recommend Kim enough. She is passionate about the job, incredibly talented, thorough, and enthusiastic, and her speed and accuracy are amazing.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Libby S

A+ service! I would recommend The Constant Scribe to anyone! I contacted Kim, after seeing some of her beautiful work and wonderful reviews, to do calligraphy on a large wedding certificate for our California elopement. Kim was absolutely wonderful to correspond with, very... Read More professional and quick to respond. Additionally, she kept me updated every step of the way and ensured I was happy with the final result. I'm so happy we chose The Constant Scribe for our very special marriage certificate! After displaying it at our upcoming reception, we will be framing this keepsake and hanging it in our home to enjoy for years to come!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016

Take Kim along on your wedding journey. Her professionalism, passion for her work and creativity will make you glad you did. Kim designed a chalkboard for our reception that is PERFECT! She has a way of making you feel like family and that sure is comforting during these busy... Read More days leading up to the wedding. I suggest reaching out to Kim to see how she can help you enjoy the journey!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016

As the mother of two children getting married mere months apart, the word "wedding" has become synonymous with words like work and worry and overwhelming! This was NOT the case with my experience with The Constant Scribe, Kim. Right from the start with our initial phone... Read More conversation, Kim was professional, organized, informative, kind and caring. Meeting her in person at her charming studio merely reinforced what I already suspected: that she loves what she does, is really good at it, and cares about her customers' desires and their satisfaction. Our initial request involved an unusual style of lettering and Kim jumped through hoops to make it happen just as we had hoped. I will use her services again (wedding #2!) and can honestly highly recommend her to anyone in need of calligraphy services.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016

Kim- The Constant Scribe- was an absolute delight to work with. She graciously took on my order at a short notice, and returned my wedding invitations to me sooner than expected. She was very thorough on the guest list and made sure everything was perfect! The calligraphy is... Read More beautiful, and I would recommend her if you are looking for lovely, elegant invitations. I have received nothing but compliments on the calligraphy and invitations.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

I can't say enough good things about Kim. Her work is perfection! She addressed our rehearsal dinner invitations and not only matched the font but mixed a special ink to match the color and texture of the printing on the invitations. Wow! She has such attention to detail and is... Read More so very easy to work with. At the last minute we had two additional addresses for her and she not only addressed them that day but mailed them out for us. She is a treasure! I would highly recommend The Constant Scribe. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Candace L

Kim was excellent! Quick turn around, great service! I was able to pick and design my envelopes all through e-mail. Kim always responded quickly to all my messages. Kim was very helpful and her prices was great. I would definitely recommended her for all occasions. Hope to use... Read More her services again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

AMAZING...... BEST DESCRIBES THE CONSTANT SCRIBE!!!!! She is a wonderful part of the wedding process. Don't miss out on this beautiful part of your wedding. Kim is easy to work with and helps you select fonts, colors and styles. She is excellent in steering you in the right... Read More direction, even if you have questions that are not about the invitations, or printed materials. She will put your mind at ease. She is a treasure!!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Amanda K

Kim was wonderful to work with and the final product was absolutely beautiful. When I met Kim she was collaborative on the process and great to bounce ideas back and forth with. We always talked through the options available and vetted them out to land on something that I was... Read More ecstatic about. She was always responsive, easy to work with, and always delivered our items early. The process was completely stress free. Kim helped us with our invitation, name cards, and signs for our wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests on the elegance of these items and they “never saw these ideas before”. Guests were even taking pictures of the items and posting them on Facebook! They were truly unique and beautiful. I was beyond thrilled with the result and Kim was simply fabulous.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Being given the name by a friend, The Constant Scribe was a gift from heaven! Kim is a beautiful calligrapher with a vast selection of calligraphy writing styles. I would recommend her highly and can tell you it would be worth your trip to employ her no matter your driving... Read More distance. One in a million!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Megan W

We came to Kim with an odd request -- a Quaker-style marriage contract (really an English-language variation on the Jewish ketuba) decorated with Norwegian rosemaling that our guests could sign at the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better calligrapher to make what ended... Read More up being a truly unique treasure we'll keep for the rest of our lives. She made room for our somewhat belated request in her busy schedule, was communicative and enthusiastic, checked in with us at every stage of the process, and even gave us flowers when we came to pick up the final product! We felt like we had a partner in the process, and many guests commented on what a wonderful keepsake she had made for us. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! My fiance and I talked to a couple caligraphers and they were pretty expensive and we're giving us 2 month time frames to have envelopes completed. I stumbled upon constant scribe and contacted kim. She was extremely friendly and very helpful... Read More as I was not familiar with all the wedding lingo. Kim had our envelopes completed in a weekend and they looked fabulous! She also completed some straggler addresses for me in a day after getting them to her last minute. I would highly recommend kim for any calligraphy needs!!! Absolutely a pleasure to work with!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Kim was recommended to us by a family friend and at first I was concerned that she was so far away, I am here to tell you that is NOT a concern! She made it very easy for me, from scheduling to how to format my list! She was very prompt in answering all my questions and... Read More delivered a beautiful product. She matched the font from our invitation and it looked amazing! Her scheduling was stress free so in the event that you need to make a change or have something redone, it was done quickly and with time to spare. I highly recommend Kim and will use her again!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

The Constant Scribe was a life saver. A quick turnaround, great communication and beautiful calligraphy allowed me to have an awesome gift for my wife on our 1st anniversary. Would definitely recommend and will probably use again in the future.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Alex W

Kim of The Constant Scribe works miracles. She has such an incredible attention to detail and is wonderful to work with. From doing the envelopes for our invitations (which perfectly matched the script of the invites) to having a fun, completely different script for our... Read More escort cards, Kim completely put the finishing touch on our beautiful day. The work was elegant and high quality and she explained the process and the different options very well. I can't wait to find another reason to use Kim in the future! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Elizabeth W

First and foremost, Kim is an absolute pleasure to work with. I reached out to her after researching several calligraphers online, all of which responded slowly or did not meet my expectations for the task at hand. Kim however was extremely prompt in responding (within several... Read More hours!) and seemed to ask all the right questions from the beginning. Not only was she super professional, she was also very helpful and enthusiastic from the very first email. After sending a questionnaire to fill out, she was able to provide a detailed quote and present several ideas for how to best complement my wedding suite with calligraphy. Throughout the entire process, Kim was extremely helpful and responsive - sending numerous emails and pictures of her progress along the way. I was so excited to get the finished product that I could hardly wait to open the box. Wow! You really will not believe how beautiful her handwriting is until you see it in person. This has been the best decision I have made for my wedding thus far. She has also been the easiest vendor to work with. Kim, thank you! You are truly talented.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Staci H

I reached out to Kim when I decided I wanted some custom signs made for our wedding last minute. I think she typically focus on invitations and envelopes but she was really helpful and excited to help me execute our ideas. She asked great questions to make sure she understood... Read More my vision and even suggested tying in a theme from our wedding invitations to the sign to create similarity. Kim did great a keeping me in the loop on her progress, sending me pictures along the way to ensure accuracy and that I was happy with the final product. She is a real expert at what she does and its clear that she loves it!!

Absolutely Stunning!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 shannon d

I really did not think I needed to use a professional to address my invitations, however I am SO extremely glad I did!! Kim was an absolute delight to work with. She was extremely efficient (I got my invitations done within days!) and I was so impressed with her work. She is... Read More very reliable and her work is impeccable. She truly takes pride in what she does and and it is evident in envelope. She is a true artist and I will definitely be contacting her again in the future to help with other elements for my big day!