The Constant Scribe

Crystal Lake, IL

Chicagoland’s Full Service Calligrapher

Create anticipation and make a lasting impression with elegant calligraphy by The Constant Scribe. From ‘Save the Dates’ to reception: exquisite hand-lettering by The Constant Scribe ties it all together. I specialize in color and font matching. Over 25 years experience.

8 Pomeroy, Crystal Lake, IL

exemplary service and stunning results

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 ashley l

kim is a dream to work with! she is clear and transparent about pricing, helpful throughout the decision-making process, communicative throughout the project, and delivers the most beautiful end-product. i cannot recommend her services strongly enough! if you are considering a... Read More calligrapher for any portion of your wedding planning, you will not regret going with the constant scribe.

Absolutely Stunning!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 shannon d

I really did not think I needed to use a professional to address my invitations, however I am SO extremely glad I did!! Kim was an absolute delight to work with. She was extremely efficient (I got my invitations done within days!) and I was so impressed with her work. She is... Read More very reliable and her work is impeccable. She truly takes pride in what she does and and it is evident in envelope. She is a true artist and I will definitely be contacting her again in the future to help with other elements for my big day!

Outstanding Service!

Reviewed on 3/09/2015 Courtney G

I used The Constant Scribe to address our wedding invites. Kim was a saint to work with. I had a ton of questions having never done this before and not being familiar with wedding invitation etiquette to say the least, and she was amazing. She guided me through the process,... Read More made recommendations, was incredibly patient when my invites got lost in the mail and very accommodating throughout the process. Not to mention the calligraphy done is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend using The Constant Scribe for any calligraphy needs.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016

Kim- The Constant Scribe- was an absolute delight to work with. She graciously took on my order at a short notice, and returned my wedding invitations to me sooner than expected. She was very thorough on the guest list and made sure everything was perfect! The calligraphy is... Read More beautiful, and I would recommend her if you are looking for lovely, elegant invitations. I have received nothing but compliments on the calligraphy and invitations.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

I can't say enough good things about Kim. Her work is perfection! She addressed our rehearsal dinner invitations and not only matched the font but mixed a special ink to match the color and texture of the printing on the invitations. Wow! She has such attention to detail and is... Read More so very easy to work with. At the last minute we had two additional addresses for her and she not only addressed them that day but mailed them out for us. She is a treasure! I would highly recommend The Constant Scribe. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

AMAZING...... BEST DESCRIBES THE CONSTANT SCRIBE!!!!! She is a wonderful part of the wedding process. Don't miss out on this beautiful part of your wedding. Kim is easy to work with and helps you select fonts, colors and styles. She is excellent in steering you in the right... Read More direction, even if you have questions that are not about the invitations, or printed materials. She will put your mind at ease. She is a treasure!!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Amanda K

Kim was wonderful to work with and the final product was absolutely beautiful. When I met Kim she was collaborative on the process and great to bounce ideas back and forth with. We always talked through the options available and vetted them out to land on something that I was... Read More ecstatic about. She was always responsive, easy to work with, and always delivered our items early. The process was completely stress free. Kim helped us with our invitation, name cards, and signs for our wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests on the elegance of these items and they “never saw these ideas before”. Guests were even taking pictures of the items and posting them on Facebook! They were truly unique and beautiful. I was beyond thrilled with the result and Kim was simply fabulous.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Being given the name by a friend, The Constant Scribe was a gift from heaven! Kim is a beautiful calligrapher with a vast selection of calligraphy writing styles. I would recommend her highly and can tell you it would be worth your trip to employ her no matter your driving... Read More distance. One in a million!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Megan W

We came to Kim with an odd request -- a Quaker-style marriage contract (really an English-language variation on the Jewish ketuba) decorated with Norwegian rosemaling that our guests could sign at the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better calligrapher to make what ended... Read More up being a truly unique treasure we'll keep for the rest of our lives. She made room for our somewhat belated request in her busy schedule, was communicative and enthusiastic, checked in with us at every stage of the process, and even gave us flowers when we came to pick up the final product! We felt like we had a partner in the process, and many guests commented on what a wonderful keepsake she had made for us. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! My fiance and I talked to a couple caligraphers and they were pretty expensive and we're giving us 2 month time frames to have envelopes completed. I stumbled upon constant scribe and contacted kim. She was extremely friendly and very helpful... Read More as I was not familiar with all the wedding lingo. Kim had our envelopes completed in a weekend and they looked fabulous! She also completed some straggler addresses for me in a day after getting them to her last minute. I would highly recommend kim for any calligraphy needs!!! Absolutely a pleasure to work with!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Kim was recommended to us by a family friend and at first I was concerned that she was so far away, I am here to tell you that is NOT a concern! She made it very easy for me, from scheduling to how to format my list! She was very prompt in answering all my questions and... Read More delivered a beautiful product. She matched the font from our invitation and it looked amazing! Her scheduling was stress free so in the event that you need to make a change or have something redone, it was done quickly and with time to spare. I highly recommend Kim and will use her again!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

The Constant Scribe was a life saver. A quick turnaround, great communication and beautiful calligraphy allowed me to have an awesome gift for my wife on our 1st anniversary. Would definitely recommend and will probably use again in the future.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Alex W

Kim of The Constant Scribe works miracles. She has such an incredible attention to detail and is wonderful to work with. From doing the envelopes for our invitations (which perfectly matched the script of the invites) to having a fun, completely different script for our... Read More escort cards, Kim completely put the finishing touch on our beautiful day. The work was elegant and high quality and she explained the process and the different options very well. I can't wait to find another reason to use Kim in the future! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Elizabeth W

First and foremost, Kim is an absolute pleasure to work with. I reached out to her after researching several calligraphers online, all of which responded slowly or did not meet my expectations for the task at hand. Kim however was extremely prompt in responding (within several... Read More hours!) and seemed to ask all the right questions from the beginning. Not only was she super professional, she was also very helpful and enthusiastic from the very first email. After sending a questionnaire to fill out, she was able to provide a detailed quote and present several ideas for how to best complement my wedding suite with calligraphy. Throughout the entire process, Kim was extremely helpful and responsive - sending numerous emails and pictures of her progress along the way. I was so excited to get the finished product that I could hardly wait to open the box. Wow! You really will not believe how beautiful her handwriting is until you see it in person. This has been the best decision I have made for my wedding thus far. She has also been the easiest vendor to work with. Kim, thank you! You are truly talented.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Staci H

I reached out to Kim when I decided I wanted some custom signs made for our wedding last minute. I think she typically focus on invitations and envelopes but she was really helpful and excited to help me execute our ideas. She asked great questions to make sure she understood... Read More my vision and even suggested tying in a theme from our wedding invitations to the sign to create similarity. Kim did great a keeping me in the loop on her progress, sending me pictures along the way to ensure accuracy and that I was happy with the final product. She is a real expert at what she does and its clear that she loves it!!

KIM IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Mary P

I am a bride who is getting married in the spring, and I have always done the elegant, classy and yes, fun things with our wedding! I am not one to always pick something off of pinterest, and think there the most simple touches add the most with invites. I had ivory paper,... Read More with black letterpress for our invites and wanted to have the envelopes match. I looked online and found Kim. Let me just say, she not only is THE FASTEST responder ever, which is such a blessing when trying to figure out wedding plans, but she is excited to be working with brides! I was so happy to work with her, and she made me that much more excited to send out our invites! I had to have a quick turnaround, given that I made the decision last minute to have calligraphy done, and she made sure they were done in a timely fashion. They were PERFECT. The font matched our invites wonderfully. My dad, who is a typical guys guy, looked at them and said WOW I LOVE THEM! I couldn't be happier about our envelopes. They are gorgeous. Kim was a blessing and added touches to our wedding that couldn't come from anywhere else. I am so happy I ended up meeting her, and truly want everyone in the area to know how wonderful she is!!! THANK YOU KIM!

A Lasting Letter

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Kim (The Constant Scribe) is remarkable. Kim helped me propose to my now fiancee by turning a typed letter into a truly amazing keepsake that my fiancee will have for the rest of our lives. You see, part of my proposal plan involved having a letter delivered to my fiancee... Read More after we had finished dinner (and after I had excused myself so that I could surreptitiously watch her read the letter). Because the letter played such a central role in the proposal, presentation was very important. Kim delivered flawlessly. Her calligraphy is beautiful, and she even created a special envelope to fit the letter such that the pages did not need to be folded. To this day, my fiancee will pull the letter out from time to time, and (second to her ring, I think) it is her most treasured keepsake from the proposal.

The Constant Scribe is Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Kim was absolute perfection. Beautiful calligraphy, delivered on time, as promised, with very personalized, helpful service, including custom ink, careful proofing, and quick help when a few extra last minute invitations were needed. I recommend Kim without hesitation, and I... Read More was the mother of the bride AND have planned large scale events professionally. I will use Kim again when I need calligraphy. She is the BEST!

Stunning Calligraphy!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Frances Kate F

I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience with The Constant Scribe. Not only was Kim wonderful to work with, she was such a help in terms of direction and immediately picked up on what I was looking for. As the bride, I was making so many decisions at this point in... Read More the planning process that it was truly a life-saver to work with someone that could guide me through my own thoughts. My goal was to have a the beautiful, classic calligraphy with a touch of modern flare. Kim understood right away, was quick to send me an example of what she was thinking, and was able to complete them all within a short period of time. Countless guests of ours commented on the calligraphy, both young and old, which is a testamate to the incredible work she did. I took a picture of each envelope as I sealed them just because each one was more beautiful than the last and I was so proud to show off Kim's craft.

Amazing Service and Finished Product!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lauren T

We used The Constant Scribe for the calligraphy on our wedding invitations and absolutely loved how they turned out. Kim is so thorough and is more than willing to accommodate last minute changes or revisions in a timely manner. We received more compliments on how elegant the... Read More handwriting was on all of our envelopes, the quality of her work certainly did not go unnoticed. We were so happy with how everything turned out that we had her also do the table cards for our wedding day.

Kim is a pleasure to work and such a talent!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Anne G

Kim did the calligraphy for our wedding invitations and we were so impressed with her work. She was so thoughtful about customizing a font for us that matched the font of our invitations and they turned out beautifully! She is professional and kind- I highly recommend her to... Read More anyone that needs calligraphy done.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Beth C

Kim's work is simply incredible. We used her for the calligraphy on our wedding and rehearsal dinner invitations, as well as our place cards and menus. Her work is stunning! We received so many compliments. In addition to doing beautiful work, she is professional, timely and... Read More very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or other event.

Special Envelopes

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Nicole R

Our Save the Date cards and Invitations were a carved tree theme, and I asked Kim if she had any suggestions for incorporating that into our envelopes. She suggested using wood envelopes and directed me to several websites for options. Once I had picked the one I liked, I took... Read More them to Kim and she turned them into the most beautiful envelopes I've ever seen. I almost didn't want to part with them! She was extremely responsive and performed the work quickly. We couldn't have been more pleased! I knew I wanted to use Kim, so I don't know how much this typically costs, but I feel like she could charge significantly more, especially for working on specialized envelopes. Should the need arise, we would definitely use The Constant Scribe again and sing her praises to anyone who asks!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Morgan B

It was such a pleasure working with Kim. Her work was so beautiful, a true work of art. If you are considering using a calligrapher for your wedding invitations, I highly recommend Kim!