8 Pomeroy, Crystal Lake, IL (815) 355-0375

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Kate P

As a lover of all things paper I always hoped to have hand lettered envelopes for our wedding invitations. Luckily, we found Kim, who is incredible. Her attention to detail and very high level of skill created the perfect finishing touch for our invitation suite and we couldn't... Read More be happier with how they turned out (I can't wait to put them in the mail!). Kim selected the perfect ink color and font to match our invitations and the envelopes are beautiful. The process was so easy and she couldn't be nicer. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Arianna N

Kim was fabulous! She went above and beyond for our wedding invitations. They were absolutely beautiful!! She even came through for us with no issues when we had a last minute addition to the list. If you are considering going with a calligrapher I highly recommenced The... Read More Constant Scribe!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Sarah F

Kim is so wonderful to work with! First of all, her work is gorgeous!! She does script matching and was able to match the calligraphy on my envelopes to what was on my invitations! Secondly, she was very timely with everything. She always replied to emails or calls promptly and... Read More finished all of my envelopes in one week (I had about 150 invitations). Additionally, she was so helpful with how to word things on the envelopes and wedding address etiquette. She provided a word document that explained a lot and then read through and proofread ALL of the addresses prior to addressing the envelope! She spotted so many small errors I had made! I'm so happy that I found Kim, she's the best!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Kate P

Kim was the best vendor I've worked with thus far. She was highly responsive, efficient, and reasonably priced. I'd highly recommend her to any bride - it's obvious why she has five stars from everyone! One piece of advice to other brides - purchase an extra envelope with your... Read More address on it, to frame after the fact. And a second with a fake address for photographs. You'll be glad you did! I almost didn't want to send out my invitations because I was so obsessed with how beautiful they are. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Brian P

Kim was amazing to work with. She turned the envelopes around incredibly quick and even accommodated adding a few last minute adjustments. The work is beautiful, the communication was quick and easy and the entire process was simple. We could not be more thankful to Kim for... Read More her help with our wedding. Thank you!! Michelle and Brian

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Allie H

Kim was an absolute joy to work with! She addressed the envelopes for our wedding invitations and they turned out like a true work of art. Kim was so helpful providing guidance from lettering that matched our invitations perfectly to the proper formatting of addresses. In... Read More addition to the high quality of her work, she was quick to respond to all of my questions. I cannot say enough about what a wonderful experience it was to work with Kim!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren A

Kim was amazing to work with! Her work was incredibly beautiful and the colors of ink she mixed for the invitation envelopes and place cards were wonderful! If you want someone with an eye for detail and a high standard for her work, Kim is the best of the best.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever." Kim is an exceptionally talented calligrapher with a heart of gold. My family had the pleasure of working with her for two (!) family weddings this year (my brother's and my own). Her dedication to excellence shines through at every touch,... Read More whether it's a corrected name, a newly learned script, an openness to different ideas, a clever suggestion, etc. In addition to her exquisite envelopes, menus and place cards, we had asked Kim to create something beautiful for our vows to be written on. She listened to our requests but went above and beyond to make something we will cherish always. That kind of artistry is truly a joy forever.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 jori s

Kim has been the best and easiest person to work with throughout my entire wedding planning process!! Her work is truly one of a kind and I could not have been happier with the work that she did. She definitely made this process a lot less stressful by always sending proofs and... Read More making sure we were happy with the work. When the envelopes for our invitations came in we were BLOWN away by her work. Her talent is outstanding and we definitely could not pass up the opportunity to work with her on our escort cards : ) I recommend working with Kim as she does NOT disappoint!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

Look no further if you are looking for flawless artistry and a stress-free experience! Kim is the consummate professional and a delight to work with. She is very responsive and well versed in the etiquette of invitations.

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Christina G

My mom found Kim for me and I am so happy that she did! Kim was easy to work with, came in under budget and worked quickly. When I finally saw the addressed invitations, I could hardly believe that they were hand done! The work looked so perfect it almost appeared that they had... Read More been printed by a machine. My guests will be very impressed!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Katie W

Kim was a complete joy to work with in every way. From the very first email, she was extremely affable, quick to respond to questions, and enthusiastic about the work. She picked a font for our invitations that we both love, that fits our style. She was very thorough with our... Read More guest list, making sure we got the etiquette and formatting right, and *even corrected an address we didn't even know was wrong*! She was up-front about pricing, and our final cost was spot-on. She got the envelopes done with time to spare, and the end results are just beautiful! Our wedding invitations now have a gorgeous, personal touch to them that we would never get using a printer. I cannot recommend Kim enough. She is passionate about the job, incredibly talented, thorough, and enthusiastic, and her speed and accuracy are amazing.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Libby D

A+ service! I would recommend The Constant Scribe to anyone! I contacted Kim, after seeing some of her beautiful work and wonderful reviews, to do calligraphy on a large wedding certificate for our California elopement. Kim was absolutely wonderful to correspond with, very... Read More professional and quick to respond. Additionally, she kept me updated every step of the way and ensured I was happy with the final result. I'm so happy we chose The Constant Scribe for our very special marriage certificate! After displaying it at our upcoming reception, we will be framing this keepsake and hanging it in our home to enjoy for years to come!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 Melanie H

Kim (The Constant Scribe) is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is extremely responsive, thorough, detail-oriented, and helpful. Her etiquette guide to envelope addressing was a lifesaver with all of the complicated relationships on our guest list!! And her work...oh my... Read More goodness, her work! It is in a league of its own! She was able to perfectly match the script font on our invitations, and addressed the dark navy paper beautifully in white gouache ink. I'm so glad we made the decision to hire a calligrapher, and so incredibly thankful that we chose Kim! I thought her prices were extremely reasonable for the quality and timeliness of the work. I only wish we had more things that needed calligraphy! WORK WITH KIM FOR YOUR WEDDING - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016

Take Kim along on your wedding journey. Her professionalism, passion for her work and creativity will make you glad you did. Kim designed a chalkboard for our reception that is PERFECT! She has a way of making you feel like family and that sure is comforting during these busy... Read More days leading up to the wedding. I suggest reaching out to Kim to see how she can help you enjoy the journey!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016

As the mother of two children getting married mere months apart, the word "wedding" has become synonymous with words like work and worry and overwhelming! This was NOT the case with my experience with The Constant Scribe, Kim. Right from the start with our initial phone... Read More conversation, Kim was professional, organized, informative, kind and caring. Meeting her in person at her charming studio merely reinforced what I already suspected: that she loves what she does, is really good at it, and cares about her customers' desires and their satisfaction. Our initial request involved an unusual style of lettering and Kim jumped through hoops to make it happen just as we had hoped. I will use her services again (wedding #2!) and can honestly highly recommend her to anyone in need of calligraphy services.

Reviewed on 1/27/2016

Kim- The Constant Scribe- was an absolute delight to work with. She graciously took on my order at a short notice, and returned my wedding invitations to me sooner than expected. She was very thorough on the guest list and made sure everything was perfect! The calligraphy is... Read More beautiful, and I would recommend her if you are looking for lovely, elegant invitations. I have received nothing but compliments on the calligraphy and invitations.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015

I can't say enough good things about Kim. Her work is perfection! She addressed our rehearsal dinner invitations and not only matched the font but mixed a special ink to match the color and texture of the printing on the invitations. Wow! She has such attention to detail and is... Read More so very easy to work with. At the last minute we had two additional addresses for her and she not only addressed them that day but mailed them out for us. She is a treasure! I would highly recommend The Constant Scribe. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Candace L

Kim was excellent! Quick turn around, great service! I was able to pick and design my envelopes all through e-mail. Kim always responded quickly to all my messages. Kim was very helpful and her prices was great. I would definitely recommended her for all occasions. Hope to use... Read More her services again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

AMAZING...... BEST DESCRIBES THE CONSTANT SCRIBE!!!!! She is a wonderful part of the wedding process. Don't miss out on this beautiful part of your wedding. Kim is easy to work with and helps you select fonts, colors and styles. She is excellent in steering you in the right... Read More direction, even if you have questions that are not about the invitations, or printed materials. She will put your mind at ease. She is a treasure!!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Amanda K

Kim was wonderful to work with and the final product was absolutely beautiful. When I met Kim she was collaborative on the process and great to bounce ideas back and forth with. We always talked through the options available and vetted them out to land on something that I was... Read More ecstatic about. She was always responsive, easy to work with, and always delivered our items early. The process was completely stress free. Kim helped us with our invitation, name cards, and signs for our wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests on the elegance of these items and they “never saw these ideas before”. Guests were even taking pictures of the items and posting them on Facebook! They were truly unique and beautiful. I was beyond thrilled with the result and Kim was simply fabulous.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Being given the name by a friend, The Constant Scribe was a gift from heaven! Kim is a beautiful calligrapher with a vast selection of calligraphy writing styles. I would recommend her highly and can tell you it would be worth your trip to employ her no matter your driving... Read More distance. One in a million!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Megan W

We came to Kim with an odd request -- a Quaker-style marriage contract (really an English-language variation on the Jewish ketuba) decorated with Norwegian rosemaling that our guests could sign at the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better calligrapher to make what ended... Read More up being a truly unique treasure we'll keep for the rest of our lives. She made room for our somewhat belated request in her busy schedule, was communicative and enthusiastic, checked in with us at every stage of the process, and even gave us flowers when we came to pick up the final product! We felt like we had a partner in the process, and many guests commented on what a wonderful keepsake she had made for us. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! My fiance and I talked to a couple caligraphers and they were pretty expensive and we're giving us 2 month time frames to have envelopes completed. I stumbled upon constant scribe and contacted kim. She was extremely friendly and very helpful... Read More as I was not familiar with all the wedding lingo. Kim had our envelopes completed in a weekend and they looked fabulous! She also completed some straggler addresses for me in a day after getting them to her last minute. I would highly recommend kim for any calligraphy needs!!! Absolutely a pleasure to work with!!!