Great location for a Rehearsal Dinner or Luncheon

Casual or formal, the Creek Club is a versatile, spacious rehearsal dinner venue. A sprawling lawn alongside huge porches and windows overlooking Hobcaw Creek provide endlessly breathtaking views of the lowcountry. The Creek Club is conveniently located within minutes of downtown & the beaches.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

44 Saturday Rd., Charleston, SC (843) 606-2083

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Taylor P

My fiancé and I had a wonderful experience working with the Creek Club at I'on for our wedding. We fell in love with the beautiful setting during our very first visit. You can't beat the gorgeous marsh views, huge southern porches, and charming Spanish moss. During planning,... Read More Joanna was very easy to work with and was always responsive, warm, and professional. Nina was professional and efficient throughout the catering/menu selection process. The staff was very polite and attentive to our guests during our wedding reception. The Creek Club at I'On does have some more particular rules (regarding parking, earlier event end time, etc), but these were truly minimal issues. If we could do it all again, we would absolutely choose the Creek Club at I'On for our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Alex B

The Creek Club at I'on was the perfect place for our destination wedding. Everyone was easy to work with and understanding. The food was wonderful!!! The weather was perfect and everything was set and ready the day of the wedding.

Beautiful Venue, Great Food, Customer Service Needs Work

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Linda G

Everyone enjoyed our beautiful wedding reception at The Creek Club- the venue is gorgeous and the food was tasty, unique, and not the stereotypical wedding reception food expected. The day of service was great; however, the reception preparations leading up to our wedding day... Read More were UNNECESSARILY STRESSFUL. Coordinating a reception in Charleston from Washington DC was a feat that The Creek Club made even more difficult. My parents and I had to reschedule our trip to Charleston, which was planned two months in advance. This was due to The Creek Club's strict tasting schedule availability. When we arrived at the tasting the food that we had selected ahead of time was not available for us. I understand now that those items are not available for tasting. However, some prior notice would have been nice. As the wedding neared the final guest count/payment was due, we continuously attempted to contact The Creek Club via email and phone to obtain a final amount due so that payment could be submitted. We did not receive responses until the evening before the payment was due and then, of course, the payment was due the following day! We had a station reception and my guests noticed that only a few plates of prime rib were left out (while people were still eating dinner) and a majority of the roast was taken back to the kitchen. The MOB ate fish instead of prime rib because she thought there was barely any left for the guests to eat. For timeline planning purposes, although The Creek Club contract states that the event must end at 10PM, I was consistently told (and found nowhere in the contract) that the bar could not stay open past 9:30PM. This was after I had finalized the event timeline with all vendors and printed the invitations. All in all, I believe that The Creek Club is a great venue that will create an enjoyable wedding reception and would recommend them as long as you're prepared for a minimal level of customer service during the planning stages of your event.

Disappointing customer service

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Chelsey B

I was so excited to book this venue because it was so beautiful. However, it was a bit of a concern that catering emails would usually take a week for a response and at one time there was no response for a month. Overall, the food turned out better than expected, but was... Read More disappointed in the customer service during the planning process.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

We got married and had our reception at the Creek Club on July 10, 2015. It is a beautiful venue, and the food was delicious! The weather was perfect - no rain! Everything was wonderful, except for a few minor things.... the morning of our wedding, I was there setting up... Read More decorations with family and bridesmaids, and then a huge group of people came and began doing their wedding rehearsal outside where we were trying to set things up. It really wasn't problematic, but the other wedding party was looking at me like we were being rude, when we were trying to put up bows on the aisle chairs and hang paper lanterns from the tree. Just be warned that this may happen on the day of your wedding OR at your wedding rehearsal if you choose this venue. But like I said, it really was not problematic for us at all - we got our decorations put up, and I believe the other wedding party had a fine rehearsal. One other thing that bothered me was the catering staff during dinner. They were like sharks! Swooping in and taking away food as soon as your back was turned for a second. I understand that a schedule was set and they were just doing their job, but please don't take away the food from the Bride and Groom when guests come up to talk to them. I had eaten almost nothing all day with all of the stress and the planning, and the catering staff took my plate away the second I stood up to hug someone who came up to our table. Not okay. But, all in all, this is an absolutely beautiful venue and a great value. The food was delicious (or at least the few bites I had were!) and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this venue for a wedding/reception! Oh, and I saw somewhere that the Creek Club's guest maximum is 250 or something... that would be crazy! We had 95 and it felt perfect. Not too crowded/stuffy, but not too much space. It was the perfect place for our beautiful wedding!

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Ashley H

From start to finish, the staff at Creek Club at I'ON were very helpful in the planning process. Any questions were answered at a prompt response. The grounds were breathtaking for our wedding at the end of April. We couldn't have picked a better venue to share our special day... Read More :)

Spring Wedding at Creek Club

Reviewed on 5/21/2015 Olivia M

The venue was beautiful, our wedding day was magical. It couldn't have been better. However, be worned working with the Creek Club and the HOA of the I'on neighborhood is not ideal. The week of the wedding and the day of the wedding we continually learned of things we could NOT... Read More do. Be warned that the Creek Club does not own the dock where you see many photos taken on their website. The HOA of the neighborhood does. The day of the wedding we wanted to hang string lights along the dock and they threatened to sue us, however if you look on the Creek Club website you will see that they show photos of it with lights. We also wanted to leave via our boat, once again you see photos on their website and facebook account of this happening. The week of we are told we would not be allowed to have our boat tied up to the dock during the allotted time of our wedding and reception. Luckily we were still able to do the boat exit but not after lots of emails and risk. Also the servers for the food were excellent, but the bartenders were not very friendly. Being the bride, you would expect be able to get a drink quickly and they they would be kind to you. This was not the case, they never congratulated me and tended to ignore the "younger" crowd to the older ones. Overall I don't regret signing with the Creek Club for our wedding, however, I wish I would have known the issues of dealing with the HOA that they are not upfront about at all.

Wedding at the Creek Club

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Amanda H

The Creek Club at I'on is a beautiful venue. We were very happy with the event staff that served food and drink for our wedding. We got good reviews of all of the food and the drinks never stopped flowing. The only drawback to the venue is the admin staff. They were not very... Read More responsive to my questions and would then demand information immediately. We were told we were being charged for the final bill a month ahead of time and were then not charged until the week of the wedding. I am not a wedding planner, so I naturally had a lot of questions and they didn't seem to care about easing my worries.

Our daughters wedding at the Ion

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

The Club Creek of Ion did an amazing job helping make this wedding a perfect day!! The venue was clean,cozy and the space was perfect for the number of guests that we had. They served the most outstanding food ..5 stars ...our guests raved about the roast beef ,shrimp and grits... Read More and their lobster mac and cheese!! Not to mention the fabulous appetizer's! Allison the Ion's coordinator was so helpful with every detail. It was a cool day and they offered a fire in the F/pl on the porch and it was so nice...the guests were able to wander in the gardens or take pictures of the sunset on the dock, which was spectacular or stay on the porch and enjoy conversation at the bar or by the fireplace and like myself I was inside the venue dancing!!! All in all I can't say enough about how well it went off that day...Thank you Ion for a memorable event and I would highly recommend you to any bride!! Tina Lewis

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Stephanie L

Charleston was a destination wedding for us. We took one weekend to look at venues and Creek Club was the last on our list. I immediately fell in love with the grounds, club house and view! Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect and all of our guests raved about it!

Creek Club at I'On=Perfection.

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Tahlia D

We booked the Creek Club at I'On before we even saw it in person. We saw the pics on the website and also learned that they do the catering and beverage service on-site as well and we were sold. The food was really good! We did food stations and guests raved about the Crab Cakes... Read More and the Egglplant Parmesan. It was such a beautiful venue for our wedding and we are so pleased that we chose it!! With Hobcaw Creek as the backdrop and the huge wrap-around porch, this venue has a low-key feel while still being elegant. Our wedding party and guests all stayed in downtown Charleston and we simply provided transportation over to the Creek Club and back into Charleston after the wedding. It was very easy. Would definitely recommend the Creek Club at I'On!

Absolutely beautiful!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Whitney L

I couldn't be happier with my experience with the Creek Club. The venue is gorgeous both inside and out. I worked with Allison on the catering, and she was very accommodating and responsive. (And best of all, the food was delicious!) I can't recommend the Creek Club highly... Read More enough.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Amanda S

The Creek Club is absolutely beautiful! The garden and trees are the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding. Very romantic! The staff is absolutely wonderful! The people behind the scenes are great at helping you make sure you have everything set for your special day and are... Read More good at getting back to you with answers to any questions you may have. The reception area is very open and well lit. The fireplace offers a special touch. The huge porch area and chairs make it a nice place to sit and talk with guests. The serving staff was very attentive and kind. Nothing was over looked. All of the food - from the cocktail party through dinner was beyond delicious! This was a destination wedding for us and our family and friends that came to our wedding fell in love with the Creek Club too and could easily understand why we chose this venue for our sepcial day. It was AMAZING!!

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Michelle P

This was the first place we visited and we fell in love. We visited other venues to be sure, but nothing compared. Such a beautiful location on the creek that doesn't need a ton of decor to look great. The staff did a great job from set-up, to catering, to bar staff. Everything... Read More ran smoothly. The food was great.

Beautiful spring wedding

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Parrish W

When I first started looking at venues, I fell in love with the Creek Club. We used it for our ceremony and reception and it was perfect. There are some extra rules and details in the contract (like having to have and pay for a security guard, golf cart, etc) and you have to be... Read More done by 10pm due to noise ordinances. Other than that, people are telling us that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. The location is perfect and the food was wonderful. You really cannot beat the views of the creek, the big porch, and the dock. The owner can be difficult and not nice at times but as long as you deal with the rest of the staff, they are all very friendly and work hard to get your questions answered. I loved it and am very happy that we chose the Creek Club for our wedding!

March wedding on the creek

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Elena E

The wedding at the Creek Club was beautiful. I could not have asked for a better day. The staff was so helpful and my only complaint would be that the fireplace was supposed to be lit and that was not done. Other than that, the venue, food, staff were all great to work with! :)

Best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 1/17/2014 Allie B

The Creek Club was absolutely everything we wanted in a venue, and my husband and I could not have been happier with our choice! The location is just gorgeous and gives an authentic lowcountry vibe overlooking the beautiful creek. The catering they provided was TOP NOTCH, and we... Read More had guests complimenting the food all night long. We received great service from all the staff, and they were very attentive answering all of our questions and helping plan the perfect wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for a classic Charleston wedding!

The Perfect Day with the Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Sarah C

The Creek Club was the perfect setting for our wedding. The venue was beautiful and the staff was so helpful every step of the way. If you are looking for a beautiful southern wedding spot the Creek Club is a must! Their website and Facebook page also has many pictures to... Read More help show how beautiful the space can be!

3/28/13

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Lindsay S

Every last thing about this venue - the food, atmosphere, pricing, location, planning services - was impeccable. We cannot say enough to sing their praises. Every guest we had LOVED the experience. Pam (full coordinator) was exceptional and took all the stress out of making... Read More arrangements for our day. Highly highly recommend this venue!!!

September 2013 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Crystal D

I held my wedding at Creek Club at I'ON on 9/20/13. When my fiancé and I first visited this venue, I fell in love and knew it was the one for us. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for our rustic themed wedding. The venue is right on the water and provided some... Read More incredible pictures when the sun was setting. We booked our wedding on a Friday as it was around 1K cheaper than if we held it on a Saturday. The food was incredible-we chose the Italian buffet and my guests are still ranting and raving about the Eggplant Parmesan. The venue did change Catering Directors in between my planning process and failed to notify me. I was emailing the Catering Director that I was initially working with and was not receiving any responses. I finally contacted the venue by phone and was told that that person was no longer employed there. Thank goodness I called! Besides this, I thoroughly enjoyed the Creek Club and am so happy that we chose this venue to host our wedding. :)

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Eli & Alyssa G

Location and ambience were fantastic. Staff were wonderful and the food was beyond compare. Chef John is amazing!

Fantastic Venue, Service and Food

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Shaina A

I have nothing bad to say about Creek Club. They deal with out of town brides all the time so no "stupid" question was off the table. They were patient, helpful and followed through on absolutely everything.

Creek Club wedding reception

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Adrienne H

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Creek Club at I'on on September 6. It was the perfect setting for a charming Lowcountry reception. The porch and rocking chairs were a hit and we also used the yard for cornhole with personalized boards. The Hobcaw Creek at... Read More sunset made a stunning back drop for the evening, and it allowed us to depart by boat after a sparkler send-off. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful the event was and the deliciousness of the food. The few bites we had between dancing were out of this world! I highly recommend the Creek Club to any bride who wants a charming southern wedding that is both casual and beautiful.

Creek Club at I'on

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 ELYSE

The Creek Club did a fantastic job for our wedding and made everything easy and very accomodating. All dinnerware, serveware, tables and chairs were all included in the cost and we did not have to go to another vendor. Fantasic space and location for a great value!

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Ashley Y

The Creek Club at I'on was the perfect venue for our low-country wedding. Everyone is great to work with and very helpful. The food is OUTSTANDING! I have received so many compliments from our guest about how great the food was. The waterfront location was perfect for our grand... Read More exit on a boat and a gorgeous backdrop for our ceremony. I could not have picked a better venue and everything turned out perfect. I would highly recommend the Creek Club to anyone looking for a perfect wedding venue in the Charleston area.