The Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup Group

Tampa , FL

The Brides Choice For Hair & Makeup Service

At Destiny & Light our team recognizes that your wedding day hair and makeup should be perfect...because you have been dreaming of this day. Our commitment to you is to, Be the Best, so you can Look Your Best! So call us to "Experience The Difference and Enjoy A Beautiful Day The Carefree Way"

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

5911 Sheldon Rd, Tampa , FL (813) 476-8386

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Amanda M

I would highly recommend the Destiny Hair and Light Makeup Group. They serviced 13 ladies in 4 hours with such calm and easy going energy. All bridesmaids and family loved their looks. The hair styles and makeup shined in the photos. Priscilla went above and beyond to make... Read More myself, the bride, feel extra special. I would send anyone their way!

I can't say enough GREAT things!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Heather P

I CAN NOT say enough GREAT things about this company. From the minute I contacted them they were there to make my wedding day easy and beautiful!!!! I personally worked with Kelly and Paola assisted with working on my wedding party. Kelly was a dream come true. I had a fabulous... Read More trial run and even after returning home and wanting to make minor adjustments she was totally game! We had a blast working with them the day of the wedding. They arrived at at 6:30 a.m. ready to get to business!!! They were very responsive to all of my questions via email, responding very quickly. I had girls that kept changing their minds on yes to hair and makeup etc. With each change, I thought they might kill me, and they were so flexible and on board to make sure I was happy!! I am on the edge of my seat waiting on pictures, but I know they will be just as I imagine! I could not have been MORE happy with my hair and make up. I showed them a few pictures and Kelly made it come to life! Paola did the same for my bridesmaids. Everyone loved the outcome!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I would recommend them over and over again!

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Jillian O

My Husband and I were married on the beach on June 15, 2013. After shopping around for hair and make-up places I decided to go with The Destiny and Light - Hair and Make-Up Group. I was lucky enough to have Lori and Keyla for my trial run and for my wedding... Read More day. Like every bride, I was worried about every aspect of my wedding day. When I first went in for the trial run I wasn't too sure as to what I wanted but just knew I wanted my hair and make-up to be elegant. I was a little skeptical with the location of this company but went forward with the trial run. I was concerned that with the humidity my hair and make-up would falter while on the beach. I also wanted curls but have never been able to hold curls having such thick hair. To my surprise, the trial run went very well. The curls lasted and the airbrush make-up didn't melt! On the day of my wedding, my hair and make-up were the only part of my wedding that I didn't worry too much about. Lori and Keyla did an AMAZING job!! Not only were they professional but it was as if I had two of my best friends there helping me get ready. I could not have asked for a better pair! I also can't tell you how many compliments I received on how incredible my hair and make-up looked, and stayed throughout the night. I am so thankful for those two ladies and would absolutely recommend them to anyone who wants outstanding results for an affordable price. I would also recommend asking for Lori and Keyla too! ;-) I can't wait to have another event so I can have them do my hair and make-up again!

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Jaime J

Lori made me look flawless! I received endless amounts of compliments and my bridal party looked gorgeous too! Definitely book them for airbrush makeup- you won't be disappointed! Lori was punctual, hilarious, and truly has a gift with makeup. I was able to have a natural look... Read More but still look dolled up while looking like myself. Couldn't be happier.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Ashley H

Absolutely loved our hair and makeup for my wedding! We had team Tiffany and Vanessa! They slayed! Very professional and on time, We had a lot of fun girl talking and singing and dancing to the music. It was so great and relaxing. My friend who's getting married in April booked... Read More them immediately after she looked at herself in the mirror! They did an incredible job!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Brittany S

Loved working with Destiny and Light! Amber and Arielle did a beautiful job on my wedding day, and Paola did an amazing job cutting/coloring my hair in the salon beforehand. Would definitely recommend using them! Very professional and fun to work with.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Bora B

Amanda and her team were AMAZING!!! I am extremely particular with my make-up (esp. my eye liner) and she truly delivered the look I wanted. She made me and my girls look so beautiful! It was such a fun environment getting ready for the wedding! Amanda- thank you for rocking at... Read More hair and make-up! I couldn't have said my I DOs without your touch!!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Krystal G

When I started wedding planning, I was one of those girls who didn’t think she wanted her hair and makeup done. My bridesmaid talked me into it, and I don’t have words to express how glad I am that she did. Destiny & Light made me a believer! When I went in for my trial, I... Read More talked to Kelly about my theme and the look I was going for, and I let her take the reins and design something based on her creative expertise. She did a phenomenal job. When strangers see my wedding photos, the first thing they comment on is my dress and my “gorgeous Belle hair”. I’ve never felt more beautiful in my entire life than how Kelly made me feel on my wedding day. All my bridesmaids and family members looked wonderful as well, despite their varied makeup and hair preferences, types, and challenges. My grandma had the experience of a lifetime, and even a month later won’t stop talking about how nice Arielle and Kelly were, and what a beautiful job they did for her hair and makeup. Priscilla and Brown were also a dream to work with behind the scenes – every interaction was A+ customer service all the way. I can’t recommend Destiny & Light enough.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Meghan B

I worked with Destiny and Light for my NYE reception and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Lucy was my makeup artist and hair stylist and I HIGHLY recommend her! She did a phenominal job. I never did a trial run and everything came out PERFECT for myself, my friends... Read More and my mom. I showed her some photos of the hair/makeup I wanted and she was able to replicate it to a T! If your looking for a hair and makeup artist for your wedding day, go with Lucy!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Karen C

Very professional, showed up on time, cleaned up after themselves. Did a great job on the bridesmaids' hair that lasted all day and into the night as well as my daughter, the bride's makeup. It looked so natural and lasted the entire time. Thanks so much. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Calista M

I cannot say enough about Destiny and Light. Priscilla was our master stylist, and she was truly a God send. The absolutely flawless hair and make up was just icing on the cake. What I loved most about this group, was the atmosphere they created for our wedding day. Priscilla,... Read More Kirstin, and Tiffany were such a fun bunch. Priscilla honestly became my favorite person instantly! She went above and beyond for me and my wedding party and words can't even express how happy I am I booked with them. We had the best time with these ladies and just had a blast all day. We want to have another wedding just as an excuse to hang out with them again! Lol! Oh and let's not forget the absolute FLAWLESS job they do on hair and make up. I could not have been any happier. They completely nailed it.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Chrissy J

The staff was amazing!! Priscilla and her team are not only incredibly skilled makeup artists, but they're also super accommodating! I had 5 bridesmaids and both my mother and mother-in-law who all wanted to get their hair and makeup done. Priscilla brought 2 extra people with... Read More her the day of my wedding to make sure we would finish everyone with plenty of time! She made the day stress free!! All the girls looked gorgeous and my hair/makeup were perfect all night long (definitely recommend the airbrush if you want a flawless look all night!)!! I also felt like I could be honest with Priscilla and tell her exactly how I felt about my look - she was very attentive and went above and beyond to ensure I felt beautiful! I highly recommend them!!!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Nikole L

My wedding was on June 11th 2016. (I'm a little behind writing my reviews) My stylist for my trial and day of makeup was Paola. Being from out of town (Ohio) and only meeting vendors the week of my wedding was EXTREMELY nerve wrecking! I had to rely completely on and trust... Read More reviews from past customers. I am so glad I did! For my hair and makeup trial, Paola was running about 20-30 minutes late, at this point no one was in the office so we were waiting outside, not knowing if we had been forgotten about. But when she arrived she was apologetic and quick to get started without making us feel uncomfortable. She was very engaging with the rest of my family, so I appreciated not feeling like I was on the spot with everyone staring at me. I came into it knowing I wanted to look natural and elegant, and SHE NAILED IT! She took my vision from my head and so beautifully displayed it on my face and hair. She and her helper the day of were so efficient, but definitely not rushed. Every one of the women who received hair and makeup services on my wedding day felt SO beautiful. Paola made me feel so at ease and also didn't talk my ear off to the point where I couldn't gather my own thoughts. Which I really appreciated. I cannot say how thankful I am I am for my services, especially being from out of state. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Colleen G

Lori is amazing! She not only was a joy to have while getting ready but she was prepared, on time and stuck to the timeline she provided me beforehand. She made all the girls look like super models and was just an all around pleasure to work with! I 150% would choose destiny and... Read More light again for hair & makeup.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Katie M

Destiny and Light were phenomenal. I went in their studio for a trial and had a wonderful experience. I used this company for a high braided and curled up-do and airbrush makeup. I ordered the beautiful mink lashes and purchased the lip color for my wedding day! The prices are... Read More great and the outcome was better than expected. All of my girls loved their services and Jamelia and Amanda brought such a wonderful vibe to my wedding day, I couldn’t be happier with this company. Brides: Book this company and make sure you ask for Jamelia and Amanda for your wedding!!! Katie (Michalski) Krause

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Arica A

Paola was amazing! I loved Destiny and Light 100%. They were professional and very talented. I was so happy with my hair and makeup! There is no other option on your wedding day

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Samantha H

I had the privilage working with Destiny and Light for my wedding! They were absolutely amazing. They did an amazing job on all the girls hair and makeup. I would recommend them 100%

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Brieana L

I have trust issues when it comes to my hair (I have thick, curly, natural hair). After seeing Destiny and Light at 2 bridal shows and quizzing them on basically everything from extensions to brazilian blowouts I was glad I chose them. I absolutely loved the services I received... Read More from Destiny and Light. Priscilla and her team were super professional and make you feel very comfortable (Like you're surrounded by your best friends). They made sure me and my bridal party's hair and makeup were perfect for my big day (beat and slayed). They were very flexible, patient, responsive and affordable!!! I would choose them anytime. :)

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Ashley C

They were awesome! They were punctual, talented, and fun! I fell in love with my hair and makeup! Kelly did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 King S

Destiny and Light is the way to go! Lori and her team showed up early and got right to work. People are still commenting on how beautiful our hair and make up turned out. Not to mention, they are so fun!! I would highly recommend them for all your wedding beauty needs!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Lauren S

I had my wedding at the Sirata in St. Petersburg on 7/15/16. I am from Chicago and I was given a few options for hair and make up services by my wedding coordinator, Kasey Bussell from the Sirata. Not knowing anything about these companies I asked her which one she... Read More recommended. She said she LOVED Destiny & Light!!!! So I contacted them and they were so great right from the beginning! They made everything so easy for me and it all worked out perfectly! Kelly came to my hotel the day before for my trial and she also did my hair and make up on the wedding day. I absolutely loved my hair and make up so much!!!! I received so many compliments and my hair even stayed perfectly that I was able to wear it the day after the wedding to the beach!! I felt like a celebrity for 3 days!! We had a total of 10 ladies on the wedding day. Kelly, Paola and Arielle did such a fabulous job on all of the ladies!!! They are all amazing and so much fun! Everyone looked so gorgeous and I could not be happier with my decision in choosing Destiny & Light!!! Thank you Destiny & Light for making my wedding day so amazing!!! I love you girls!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Gabriela S

I did not book this company because they were very unprofessional. I called on a Thursday to schedule a trial, making it very clear that I wanted a trial done before I booked them. The girl on the phone, Ariel, mentioned they were almost booked for my date, so I should keep... Read More that in mind. I said I understood, lets book the trial ASAP. She said ok she would call me back that day. Not only did I not get a call back that day, when I tried calling I couldn't get ahold of anyone until the following Tuesday. When I finally got through it was clear they had completely forgotten about me. Yet they tried to pressure me into booking by saying there was only 1 team left and I should book now. I stated once again that I would not book without a trial. She called me back that day and booked me for the following Tue, but not before letting me know that someone else was ready to book. If they booked then there wouldn't be a team for me- what did I want to do? I went ahead with the trial and asked her to please call me if the other person booked. The day of my trial came and I never got a confirmation so I called THEM to confirm. Ariel confirmed my appointment, but when I asked if my date was still available she didn't know. So they were ready to have me come in and pay for the trial when they may not even be available to do my wedding?? She checked with owner and told me the other person had booked. They couldn't bother calling me to let me know?Just so unprofessional! I should have known from the beginning, if they have no interest in calling you back then they obviously don't want your business.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Molly C

WONDERFUL!!!! The girls were on time and kept to schedule which was great considering I had about 15 people needing services. Kelly did my hair and make up and she is a serious rockstar. I wish I could have her follow me around and do my hair and makeup every day. Seriously, my... Read More hair and makeup stayed flawless all day and night- through the whole wedding, pictures, reception, and afterparty. She did my hair so well that I even wore my updo out on the beach the next day. I highly recommend choosing these ladies for your big day!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lauren C

For my wedding day I had the pleasure of working with Paola. For my trial run, Paola was so much fun to talk with, helping me relax and enjoy the process. All of the ladies I encountered that evening were so much fun, and made me feel comfortable. On my wedding day, Paola and... Read More her team showed up, on time ready to go, and made the experience for everyone perfect. From the moment Paola finished my hair and make-up, I have never felt so beautiful. I am constantly asked who did my hair and make-up because it was so amazing. Everyone's hair and make-up that day was perfect, and not one person was disappointed. They did hair for a 5 year old flower girl all the way up to my grandmother. Some girls had very short hair, some very long, very fine, very thick, but it didn't matter. They were able to provide each one with the vision each one was after. Paola and the team at Destiny and Light are amazing! Thank you so much ladies for being a part of making my day PERFECT!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Tiffany B

The stylist I had for my wedding were Lori, Kelly, and Paola. They were amazing! They traveled all the way to Lake Mary, Fl. They showed up on time and even finished all of us with time to spare. They made us all look so good and flawless! I have never felt more beautiful in my... Read More life. Best ladies and company out there!

Start a Conversation!