The Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup Group

Tampa , FL

The Brides Choice For Hair & Makeup Service

At Destiny & Light our team recognizes that your wedding day hair and makeup should be perfect...because you have been dreaming of this day. Our commitment to you is to, Be the Best, so you can Look Your Best! So call us to "Experience The Difference and Enjoy A Beautiful Day The Carefree Way"

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

5911 Sheldon Rd, Tampa , FL (813) 476-8386
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Amanda M

I would highly recommend the Destiny Hair and Light Makeup Group. They serviced 13 ladies in 4 hours with such calm and easy going energy. All bridesmaids and family loved their looks. The hair styles and makeup shined in the photos. Priscilla went above and beyond to make... Read More myself, the bride, feel extra special. I would send anyone their way!

I can't say enough GREAT things!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Heather P

I CAN NOT say enough GREAT things about this company. From the minute I contacted them they were there to make my wedding day easy and beautiful!!!! I personally worked with Kelly and Paola assisted with working on my wedding party. Kelly was a dream come true. I had a fabulous... Read More trial run and even after returning home and wanting to make minor adjustments she was totally game! We had a blast working with them the day of the wedding. They arrived at at 6:30 a.m. ready to get to business!!! They were very responsive to all of my questions via email, responding very quickly. I had girls that kept changing their minds on yes to hair and makeup etc. With each change, I thought they might kill me, and they were so flexible and on board to make sure I was happy!! I am on the edge of my seat waiting on pictures, but I know they will be just as I imagine! I could not have been MORE happy with my hair and make up. I showed them a few pictures and Kelly made it come to life! Paola did the same for my bridesmaids. Everyone loved the outcome!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I would recommend them over and over again!

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Jillian O

My Husband and I were married on the beach on June 15, 2013. After shopping around for hair and make-up places I decided to go with The Destiny and Light - Hair and Make-Up Group. I was lucky enough to have Lori and Keyla for my trial run and for my wedding... Read More day. Like every bride, I was worried about every aspect of my wedding day. When I first went in for the trial run I wasn't too sure as to what I wanted but just knew I wanted my hair and make-up to be elegant. I was a little skeptical with the location of this company but went forward with the trial run. I was concerned that with the humidity my hair and make-up would falter while on the beach. I also wanted curls but have never been able to hold curls having such thick hair. To my surprise, the trial run went very well. The curls lasted and the airbrush make-up didn't melt! On the day of my wedding, my hair and make-up were the only part of my wedding that I didn't worry too much about. Lori and Keyla did an AMAZING job!! Not only were they professional but it was as if I had two of my best friends there helping me get ready. I could not have asked for a better pair! I also can't tell you how many compliments I received on how incredible my hair and make-up looked, and stayed throughout the night. I am so thankful for those two ladies and would absolutely recommend them to anyone who wants outstanding results for an affordable price. I would also recommend asking for Lori and Keyla too! ;-) I can't wait to have another event so I can have them do my hair and make-up again!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Hillary P

Destiny and Light provided hair services for myself and 8 others for my wedding day. Everyone’s hair was stunning and our stylists were wonderful!!!! Thank you for the amazing work!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Amanda B

Highly recommended!! Wow is all I can say! They definitely went above and beyond the call of duty. When my own stylist had to back out of my wedding last minute, I knew I wanted Destiny and Light for my wedding. as a friend had recently used them. Priscilla tried her best to... Read More fit it in their busy schedule, but alas it could not work. However, Priscilla did not stop there! She emailed me several recommended places, and when those did not work, she emailed me even more. She checked in with me and gave me recommendations of what to look for in a new hair/makeup group. Priscilla went above and beyond to make sure that, even though they were booked and could not help me, I found a good stylist who could. To me, this just speaks volumes. I've seen their work and know how wonderful it is, and now in attempting to work with Destiny and Light, I know how wonderful Priscilla truly is and how much she cares for her customers. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Lindsay M

Wow! Lori and Tatiana were incredible! They took great care of my girls and I, and everyone looked absolutely stunning. Many of my girls had never had their makeup done, so when they requested airbrush rather than traditional on the day of- Lori and Tatiana didn't bat an eye at... Read More last minute changes. They keep the early morning upbeat and fun for everyone.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Megan M

BOOK THEM!! Lori and Kelly were absolutely amazing! From start to finish D&L was incredible to work with. Lori is so detail oriented. I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she re-created it perfectly for both my hair and makeup. She was so attentive when I wanted... Read More to change the lipstick color and hair accessories. In addition, Lori was going thru a family emergency and she completely put it aside to focus on me and my bridesmaids. Both Lori and Kelly were patient with all 9 of my bridesmaids, my mom, grandma and me. My grandma decided to get her hair and makeup done the day of and they didn't think twice. I'm forever grateful for their kindness, talent and the wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Keshia S

This group is highly recommended. They were absolutely amazing and had myself and bridal party look gorgeous and glamorous for wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better group. You don't find too many hair and makeup stylist that can style a diverse group of girls but they do.... Read More I was seeking a stylist group who could style my natural hair and also my bridal party as they all have different hair types and skin types. After reviewing their site and having my consultation and trial run I knew then I wanted to hire them for my wedding day. They are a blessing and the ladies that came to our location were impeccable. They were on time, professional, and very organised. They are well experienced from just how the results turned out. Also, the owners are awesome and easy to get in contact with. They are also prompt with returning emails and calls. They are such friendly and professional individuals. I loved working with them. They made the process a breeze for me. I would book them again for any future events and recommend them to any bride. Thank you Destiny and Light for making us look amazing for my big day. My bridal party raves about how much we all loved our hair and makeup styles.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Rachel M

I am simply amazed. Between their artistry and personalities, I am blown away. I had Lucy, Vanessa, and Tiffany. They took all of our visions(I had my bridesmaids and family choose their own hair and makeup) and made it a reality. Tiffany took me over specifically. I hadn't... Read More gotten my eyebrows waxed because they ALWAYS look so unsymmetrical when I do. She perfectly plucked my brows for me, explained why everyone keeps getting it wrong, and gave me advice to pass along to the next person to wax. Not only did she go that far out of her job description, she sent for someone to get a mimosa for this nervous/anxious/panicked bride-to-be. I am so thankful to have had them on my side. Everyone felt as beautiful as they looked. I'm just so impressed... Would choose them a million times over.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Jennifer E

I highly recommend Destiny and Light, from the time i contacted them they were organized and professional. Lori was absolutely amazing she listened to everything i wanted. We were married on the beach in July and my hair and make up handled the Florida humidity and heat with no... Read More problems. Lori made me and my 2 daughters feel so special that day. They by far were one of my favorite vendors we worked with, top notch and professional.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Julianna M

By far one of the best vendors I worked with throughout my wedding planning process. I was a destination bride (did not do a trial run) and this group was amazing. Very responsive to e-mails in the months leading up to our day, it felt so organized and professional. They... Read More communicated with me frequently in the 2 weeks before my wedding which I greatly appreciated. The day of, our team, Lucy & Kirsten were incredible! They were both so sweet and we had so much fun with them and they just made everything so easy. Everyone looked and felt amazing. I can't say enough good things about this team. I had ZERO concerns whatsoever which made my day flawless!! They were so excellent that my sister-in-law who was a bridesmaid and is getting married next spring booked them for her wedding based on our experience!! Wonderful, wonderful team!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jodie F

I would highly recommend Destiny and Light for anyone! For my bridal makeup I had Corinne and she was just phenomenal. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup for my wedding. She also did the bridal party's hair and makeup, we all looked stunning. She made the process so easy, and... Read More I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Kimberly Y

Working with Destiny and Light was a wonderful experience. I spent a lot of time searching for and researching hair and makeup artists before I settled on Destiny and Light and I am very happy with my decision. My hair/make-up stylist, Corrine, was wonderful and did an excellent... Read More job. My hair and makeup looked even better than my inspiration photos. Corrine was also very tactful and firm when dealing with a difficult bridesmaid who was determined to get the same hairstyle as myself (the bride). Corrine was very efficient and stayed within our timeline. Our hair and makeup still looked fresh at the end of the night. I was very impressed and couldn't have been more pleased.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Mecala F

Corrine is a Wonder Woman! Her and Arielle made myself, my bridesmaids, my mother and MIL, my mom's sister, and my grandma all look like movie stars! Corrine is so wonderful to work with and has such a bright and loveable personality. I loved the way I looked (she styled me for... Read More the ceremony and the reception) and all with a smile on her face. Book her!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Kristen K

I highly recommend Destiny & Light! They did 8 hair appointments and 5 makeup appointments on my wedding day and all were beautiful! Corinne and Leticia were so much fun and very professional. Thank you ladies for making myself and my bridal party feel special and beautiful on... Read More my big day!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Dominique N

I absolutely loved Destiny and Light! They were amazing. I am so happy with how my hair and makeup turned out! Special shout out to Corinne! She put her heart into making me look beautiful and I could not be happier. I was lucky to have Kelly and Angel helping with my bridal... Read More party. They were all very happy as well. The whole family was talking about how pretty we all looked for my wedding. Thank you so much for playing an important role. I highly recommend Destiny and Light!!! You will be thrilled and happy you chose them!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Amanda I

We had Leticia, Amanda and Corinne for hair and makeup on my wedding day in March and all women were incredible. I really wasn’t sure what I wanted with my makeup initially and Leticia really helped me figure that out in our first meeting and my trial. On my wedding day, all... Read More women showed up on time and helped us stay on schedule, even adding in one more person for hair who initially wasn’t scheduled. I’m so amazed looking back at pictures of my wedding day at how me, my bridesmaids, my mom and mother-in-law looked. My hair and makeup even looked great after over 10 hours, including through crying and dancing.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Amber A

During the trial run I told them I would have a veil and would need instructions how to put it into the hairstyle I choose. They told me not to worry and they would put it in for me the day of the wedding. They forgot to put the veil on my head. By the time I remembered it... Read More was to late. I went the whole day with no veil. Very disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Robyn M

Lori and Kelly were the hair and make up stylists for my wedding. They were absolutely amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better team. Everything from my trial with Lori to the actual wedding day was flawless. Lori listened to everything I wanted and I made sure it was... Read More exactly how I wanted. Thank you for making me look beautiful on my wedding day!! Everybody in the wedding party loved their hair and make up.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Ronni H

I had the pleasure of working with Amanda for my 5/27/17 wedding. Amanda was sweet, kind, and very patient as I had no idea how I wanted my hair. I was extremely happy with my hair and makeup for my wedding. Amanda did an amazing job. My girls loved their hair and makeup as... Read More well. We spent many hours together on my wedding day and Amanda helped make the day fun and relaxing. I highly recommend Amanda and Destiny and Light. They were friendly, accommodating, and quick to respond to questions and open to any changes in scheduling. Thanks for a great day!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Madison C

They did a wonderful job and were so accommodating! I definitely am an eyebrow lover and Tiffany made sure to do everything to make them just the way I like! They made my girls and I feel like princesses and did wonders to make us all look amazing!not to mention they were very... Read More friendly and Tiffany definitely helped calm my wedding day nerves.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Jesse T

Love the group. Very professional and friendly. They helped make my wedding day smooth and perfect. The lead stylist Paola was extreme intuitive and paid attention not only to me and but my ladies as well. One of my girls is shy and didn't like her hair but did not say it. I... Read More could tell she didn't like it by her facial expression i mentioned it to Paola in passing while she was doing my hair. When the other stylist finished a different girl Paola told her to fix the shy girls hair and new exactly how to fix it. It was extremely impressive. My day turned out perfect and all my ladies looked fabulous. Thank you destiny and light!!!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Megan S

Tiffany did an AMAZING JOB!!!! My hair and make up looked so beautiful and I received compliments all night. They are very professional and take their time, paying attention to every little detail. I am very happy with how my hair and make up and the hair and makeup for my... Read More bridesmaids turned out.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Nicole B

Lori and Tatiana were AMAZING! Did a wonderful job on all my girls and I. Listen to what you want and make it happen! They both have wonderful personalities and keep you laughing through the progress. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for professional hair and... Read More makeup!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Brooke M

Amanda and Jamelia did my hair and makeup as well as my 7 bridesmaids' and both moms for my 4/29 wedding and they were amazing! I was nervous because I never did a trial run, but they were both so talented and sweet, everyone looked amazing without wanting any changes and it... Read More felt like they were 2 of our best friends hanging out with us! Would definitely recommend this group to any bride!