The Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup Group

Tampa , FL

The Brides Choice For Hair & Makeup Service

At Destiny & Light our team recognizes that your wedding day hair and makeup should be perfect...because you have been dreaming of this day. Our commitment to you is to, Be the Best, so you can Look Your Best! So call us to "Experience The Difference and Enjoy A Beautiful Day The Carefree Way"

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

5911 Sheldon Rd, Tampa , FL (813) 476-8386
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Amanda M

I would highly recommend the Destiny Hair and Light Makeup Group. They serviced 13 ladies in 4 hours with such calm and easy going energy. All bridesmaids and family loved their looks. The hair styles and makeup shined in the photos. Priscilla went above and beyond to make... Read More myself, the bride, feel extra special. I would send anyone their way!

I can't say enough GREAT things!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Heather P

I CAN NOT say enough GREAT things about this company. From the minute I contacted them they were there to make my wedding day easy and beautiful!!!! I personally worked with Kelly and Paola assisted with working on my wedding party. Kelly was a dream come true. I had a fabulous... Read More trial run and even after returning home and wanting to make minor adjustments she was totally game! We had a blast working with them the day of the wedding. They arrived at at 6:30 a.m. ready to get to business!!! They were very responsive to all of my questions via email, responding very quickly. I had girls that kept changing their minds on yes to hair and makeup etc. With each change, I thought they might kill me, and they were so flexible and on board to make sure I was happy!! I am on the edge of my seat waiting on pictures, but I know they will be just as I imagine! I could not have been MORE happy with my hair and make up. I showed them a few pictures and Kelly made it come to life! Paola did the same for my bridesmaids. Everyone loved the outcome!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I would recommend them over and over again!

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Jillian O

My Husband and I were married on the beach on June 15, 2013. After shopping around for hair and make-up places I decided to go with The Destiny and Light - Hair and Make-Up Group. I was lucky enough to have Lori and Keyla for my trial run and for my wedding... Read More day. Like every bride, I was worried about every aspect of my wedding day. When I first went in for the trial run I wasn't too sure as to what I wanted but just knew I wanted my hair and make-up to be elegant. I was a little skeptical with the location of this company but went forward with the trial run. I was concerned that with the humidity my hair and make-up would falter while on the beach. I also wanted curls but have never been able to hold curls having such thick hair. To my surprise, the trial run went very well. The curls lasted and the airbrush make-up didn't melt! On the day of my wedding, my hair and make-up were the only part of my wedding that I didn't worry too much about. Lori and Keyla did an AMAZING job!! Not only were they professional but it was as if I had two of my best friends there helping me get ready. I could not have asked for a better pair! I also can't tell you how many compliments I received on how incredible my hair and make-up looked, and stayed throughout the night. I am so thankful for those two ladies and would absolutely recommend them to anyone who wants outstanding results for an affordable price. I would also recommend asking for Lori and Keyla too! ;-) I can't wait to have another event so I can have them do my hair and make-up again!

Reviewed on 4/01/2018 Andrea F

I cannot write enough good things about Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup Group!! I have naturally curly hair and was really looking for someone to work with my curls. It's really difficult to find someone who will work with your curls without wanting to flat iron them. I had... Read More my trial with Angel, and when she had finished with my hair and makeup, I was in tears. GOOD TEARS! I showed her multiple pictures of hair and makeup that I was wanting and she more than delivered. On the day of we had Nelly, Wislynn, and Angel working with us and they were all such sweethearts! They had myself, my mother, and all my bridesmaids looking absolutely beautiful. We never once felt rushed and they kept things running smoothly and on time. They even added to the fun that day! It wasn't just their hair and makeup artists that were a pleasure to work with, their administrative staff was amazing too! When I had originally booked them, our timeline was still up in the air. Once they had sent me a schedule of their arrival and finish times, our hair and makeup wasn't set to be done until about 30 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start. Of course this was my error and not theirs. I emailed them immediately regarding the situation and the very next day I received a call that they would add an additional artist for us (we originially had two artists) and would be sending a new schedule. There was no fuss, no stress, they were so accommodating! I cannot thank Destiny & Light enough for making me beautiful for my big day and helping to make it stress free. You guys are amazing!

Reviewed on 3/31/2018 Lauren K

Destiny and Light did an amazing job for my trial hair and makeup which I used for my engagement session and for my wedding day. Lucy was my stylist and makeup artist along with two other team members. They were so good and FAST! Very prompt came right on time and... Read More strategically worked without making anyone feel rushed. They did a great job, truly professional and fun. I was staying in Ybor at a smaller hotel suite and they worked with the space I had available. My whole crew did airbrush make up that stood up flawlessly to teary eyes and the day ahead. Everyone also got updos. Lucy even helped me place real flowers in my hair that was a last minute decision that I'm so glad I made. All my girls looked stunning, they made everyone look great all night long. Thank you Lucy and Destiny and Light! You all rocked it!

Reviewed on 3/24/2018 Hannah N

Jamelia did my wedding hair and makeup and it turned out EXACTLY as I wanted it. I loved working with this group so much!

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Michaela S

Highly recommended! From the trial to the day of, hair & makeup was phenomenal! The whole team was a pleasure to work with! Especially, Priscilla! Loved her! Such a fun and awesome artist! If ever, me or my bridesmaids need makeup in the future I know we will be reaching out to... Read More Destiny & Light!

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Lindsey G

Such a great team! Angel was my lead hair stylist, Kirstin was my lead makeup artist, and Lexxi was my other hair stylist. Leading up to the wedding day I was nervous because I found it difficult to get a hold with anyone via phone and email responses took a few days. I had a... Read More few bumps in the road with my trial but they got me taken care of and had a solution before I could even question it. The wedding day was amazing! They had a timeline of when each girl was to get ready and who had what services. My hair was even better than I could have imagined and my make up was flawless! Angel took my photo of how I wanted my hair and made it just like the photo and then some. Kirstin did my make up and WOW it was stunning. My hair and make up lasted all night long (tears and everything). My girls loved their hair and makeup just as much as I did. Everything was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Tiffany G

My wedding day started with the lovely Corinne and Keyla making myself and my girls look gorgeous! They were so amazing and listened to any comments/concerns to make sure everyone was 100% satisfied with how they looked. Compared to other prices I have seen, this group not only... Read More has very competitive prices but provides a much higher level of service. Thank you again Corinne, Keyla and the whole D&L Group!

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Austin S

Paola and her team did a beautiful job with my bridesmaid's hair and makeup, they all looked amazing!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Mona H

Love love loved my hair and make up! Everyone loved it! My bridal party looked great and everyone was happy They were so easy to work with and very accommodating. I definitely recommend them

Reviewed on 2/20/2018 Gladys V

I had done a few trials with other company's and was not nearly as satisfied as I was with Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup! Fantastic service all around. Corinne was amazing! She helped me pick exactly the hairstyle I was wanting and my makeup was gorgeous. Three girls ,... Read More including Corinne, came out to Brookesville on the day of my wedding and did eight girls in as little as 4 hours! I was so pleased with everyones hair and makeup! My pictures came out amazing. I highly recommend this company.

Reviewed on 2/19/2018 Traci T

I had a few other hair and makeup trials before my big day, but none came close to how amazing Destiny & Light Hair and Makeup!!!! After showing Paola a photo of my hair and makeup inspiration, she not only created it but exceeded any expectations. They made all of my bridal... Read More party (10 of us) look absolutely amazing on the big day. I highly recommend using their services!!! :)

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Serra P

Destiny & Light provided the best hair and makeup services for our wedding day and we were absolutely blown away by the results! The girls did a wonderful job staying focused on our timeline and helped all of us feel and look like goddesses! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Mary S

I did not like my hair or makeup on my wedding day. The makeup seemed cakey and didn’t match skin color. It also wore off in spots and looked very uneven. This group also charges a lot which I wouldn’t have minded if their service and products would have been worth it. Hair... Read More fell down as the day went on. I would definitely go elsewhere. They also charge quite a lot for the trial and push products on you there.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Allison A

I went in for a trial and was obsessed immediately. The whole team was very kind and my stylist was PERFECT! Corinne made me feel so calm about everything that they did on wedding day. If something was not what we pictured- they changed it immediately without giving too much of... Read More their opinion. They made me and all of my girls feel comfortable and like we could really just hang out with them. You have to remember that you spend all day with this group of stylists and you have to get along with them. It was so easy to! Such a great company and good quality products. I got compliments from everyone on my hair and the way my makeup looked. Loved everything they did for us!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Nikol T

I had Corinne as my stylist and she did a fantastic job. She was able to accommodate last minute changes between my trial and my wedding day and still capture what I was looking for. Corinne was pleasant to work with and fun to be around. She made all my bridesmaids happy! I... Read More would recommend her.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Stefanie M

I cannot say enough about Corinne and Kirstin. They styled my bridesmaids, my mother, and the mother of the groom perfectly. I received compliments on my hair and makeup all night long! They made me feel beautiful on the most important day of my life, thank you!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Sanchitaq S

I can't recommend them enough. From their high energy, professionalism, and flexibility. They genuinely love doing this work and as a bride that's the best feeling. So much love and appreciating for them! I wanted to give a giant shout out to this crew especially Priscilla and... Read More Lori who were definition of professionalism. My day wouldn't have been perfect without them and I will choose them 100 times over again. My wedding was an Indian wedding and it included 15 women who were my cousins traveling from abroad to get ready.I also had drama with some of my cousins being inconsiderate but Destiny and Light crew were so patient and flexible. They worked with me and alleviated all my worries. My bridesmaids and cousins all looked so beautiful thanks to these girls. In fact, I had so many of my bridal party thank me for making them look feel and beautiful that day. However, that was all due to hard work of this crew who got to my venue at 5 am in the morning and worked their behinds off. As for me, Priscilla was so wonderful with booking my trials and working with the exact looks I wanted. She was incredibly professional with letting me know in advance about what to do and what to expect. Gave me timelines and detailed instructions that really helped. Priscilla and Lori worked their MAGIC with hair/makeup on my day. I felt beautiful and got so many compliments. I had two looks for the morning ceremony and the reception. They both were exactly what I wanted and so much more. I had talked to other make-up artist companies prior to booking Destiny and Light but they were the perfect fit for me. They are easily one of the best vendors I booked and I will choose them over and over again. Destiny and Light made sure to work with me for what I wanted instead of some of other companies that wanted me to do things their way. Their flexibility and enthusiasm and how they made me feel/look as a bride is something I will be grateful for years to come. I keep looking at the photos and squealing and what they did for me. Thank you so much, I love you guys!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Regina R

I don’t even know where to start. Priscilla and her team are beyond AMAZING!! She has a very talented group working with her. My hair and make up came out exactly how I wanted it and stayed all night. They are great to work with, always there to answer any questions. I would... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw 100000% recommend them to everyone!! USE THEM, you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Mike R

I would highly recommend Destiny and Light for your hair and makeup needs. They did an exceptional job. They were very patient and really took the time to ensure that I was happy. I was a bit apprehensive going in because I don't typically wear very much makeup. But they were... Read More very reassuring and made sure that I would be happy with the overall look. They were very accommodating and came to the venue on the wedding day, and also did the hair and makeup for all of my bridesmaids. Everybody looked beautiful and received so many compliments.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Hillary P

Destiny and Light provided hair services for myself and 8 others for my wedding day. Everyone’s hair was stunning and our stylists were wonderful!!!! Thank you for the amazing work!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Amanda B

Highly recommended!! Wow is all I can say! They definitely went above and beyond the call of duty. When my own stylist had to back out of my wedding last minute, I knew I wanted Destiny and Light for my wedding. as a friend had recently used them. Priscilla tried her best to... Read More fit it in their busy schedule, but alas it could not work. However, Priscilla did not stop there! She emailed me several recommended places, and when those did not work, she emailed me even more. She checked in with me and gave me recommendations of what to look for in a new hair/makeup group. Priscilla went above and beyond to make sure that, even though they were booked and could not help me, I found a good stylist who could. To me, this just speaks volumes. I've seen their work and know how wonderful it is, and now in attempting to work with Destiny and Light, I know how wonderful Priscilla truly is and how much she cares for her customers. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Lindsay M

Wow! Lori and Tatiana were incredible! They took great care of my girls and I, and everyone looked absolutely stunning. Many of my girls had never had their makeup done, so when they requested airbrush rather than traditional on the day of- Lori and Tatiana didn't bat an eye at... Read More last minute changes. They keep the early morning upbeat and fun for everyone.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Megan M

BOOK THEM!! Lori and Kelly were absolutely amazing! From start to finish D&L was incredible to work with. Lori is so detail oriented. I showed her a picture of what I was looking for and she re-created it perfectly for both my hair and makeup. She was so attentive when I wanted... Read More to change the lipstick color and hair accessories. In addition, Lori was going thru a family emergency and she completely put it aside to focus on me and my bridesmaids. Both Lori and Kelly were patient with all 9 of my bridesmaids, my mom, grandma and me. My grandma decided to get her hair and makeup done the day of and they didn't think twice. I'm forever grateful for their kindness, talent and the wonderful experience.