The Frazier History Museum

Garden, Museum, Historic Venue, Loft

Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

829 W Main St, Louisville, KY (502) 753-5663

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Oshin G

The venue itself is beautiful, we had our ceremony on the rooftop and our reception in the Great Hall. We looked into the loft as well, which also was a great space. It was such a unique experience to have our wedding in such a fun place. However, we did have several issue... Read More with the event staff member who helped plan out our big day. Please do not get us wrong the event venue itself is amazing, but we did run into issue with staff and would hate for others to have the same problems. Unfortunately, our review is based on the actions of one as they were our sole communication for our event. We had major problems with communication, to the point where we felt like we were being ignored, and had to contact upper management (who seemed wonderful, and seemed to be very helpful with our issue). We would call multiple times in a week, and left multiple messages, only to get email responses. Didn’t get personal contact for over a week until we used a different phone number not listed with them, which seemed odd. We truly only needed good, open communication two weeks before our wedding, however, we got the exact opposite. It was disappointing to us, and left us feeling like we were not an important enough event to get the proper communication. Several venders stated they had trouble getting correct information from the event coordinator as well. Had wrong times stated for events, or the wrong number of people listed, we had to call to correct each of these issue. Which we could have easily done in the first place, but it was stated by the event coordinator that it would all be taken care of, which we naively believed. Several other items that were said to be taken care of by the event coordinator had to be taken care of by ourselves. The day of the wedding there were more signs put out for a wedding rehearsal taking place than there were for our wedding. This caused major confusion for our guests. In addition, the original signs placed had the wrong information on them, luckily our wonderful friends were able to catch it and have it changed. The music for our ceremony was completely off, the museum provided a sound technician, however, our music for the ceremony was a mess. I would suggest having your DJ do the ceremony just to be on the safe side. Our music was said to be checked prior but I find that hard to believe, it was only three ceremony songs and some sounded completely muffled and distorted. Made all the stress of picking out the perfect songs seem so trivial, because they didn’t work out anyways. It might sound crazy, but overall we would recommend having a wedding there, honestly with all the craziness we still loved every minute of our day and couldn’t imagine a different venue. Our suggestions would be make sure you have someone close, and personal, to double check everything on your big day, like the music, have your own sound technician for the ceremony, and make sure your event planner is on top of everything. It is our understanding there are several different event coordinators, so hopefully someone does not run into the same issue we had.

Reviewed on 1/20/2016

I had my wedding here December 19, 2015, and it was fantastic! I was planning my wedding from out of the state and Julie, Julie and Valerie were always quick to answer my questions and respond to my emails! Julie was our wedding day coordinator, and she ensured we had drinks in... Read More the back room for the wedding party and my husband and I had appetizers and a drink sitting at our table after the first dance. She ensured everything went smoothly and it was perfect! Our wedding was on the fourth floor loft and it was gorgeous! Since it was winter the roof was not occupied therefore we were able to take pictures up there, which turned out amazing! Everyone at the Frazier was easy to work with and I would highly recommend this venue!

Fantastic Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Chelsea P

I had my wedding at Frazier and it was wonderful! I can't say enough about how great the Event staff is, especially Valerie. She was very responsive, gave helpful suggestions and never left me waiting around for a response to anything (and I emailed her A LOT!). The rooftop is... Read More what really sold us on Frazier over any other venue. It is the best rooftop wedding venue in Louisville, hands-down. We brought in our own wedding arch, but even if we hadn't, the rooftop had lovely flowers lining the sides of the railing, which looked very pretty in photos. The loft space was great for what we had in mind for our wedding. We were looking for a blank-canvas that we could transform into exactly what we wanted and it fit the bill perfectly. Everyone commented on what a cool and interesting space it was. We had a few issues/snags with our other vendors, but Valerie handled everything gracefully. She even supplied my step-dad with a drill when he needed it to put together our wedding arch. Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without her. I highly recommend Frazier!

AWESOME VENUE

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 simone l

I am so glad that we decided to go with the Frazier Museum. The staff (both Julies) were so nice and helpful from beginning to end. They answered emails in a timely fashion. They had great ideas and I am so grateful to have had so much help. They were prompt and true to... Read More their words. Perfect!! No complaints. The rooftop was AMAZING. My guests were stunned at the beautiful view and the beautiful yet subtle decor up there. Their are already flowers and a few potted plants up there so we did not decorate at all and we did not need to. We only added two columns to stand in between during the ceremony. No other decor was needed. The reception (4th floor loft area) was large and held all my guests (250) comfortably. It was gorgeous! I would recommend Frazier Museum to anyone!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 morgan y

They take care of your every need and the space is unique and beautiful. I didn't have to handle anything on my wedding day because their event coordinators were there to do it all through the end of my reception.