Rustic Barn Wedding/Event Center

Rustic Barn Wedding Venue. Where Rustic Meets Elegance.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Loft, Park, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

23164 Vess Rd, Glenmont, OH (440) 263-8546

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Tasha L

This venue is worth EVERY PENNY. I absolutely LOVED the staff and the venue. Our day could not have been more perfect. We had a lot of issues with our caterer but the coordinators and grand barn staff took over and made the day perfect! I could not imagine getting married... Read More somewhere else. Laura and Kevin and the owners and they are just as involved as their on site coordinators even though they are not in the city. Any time I had a question Laura was available to answer it! My guests LOVED the venue, many of them said it way the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. They were very professional and let me have some special and unique things along the way for the wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to ANYONE! Especially the couples who love nature and have a little outdoorsy side, (Plus who doesn't want to stay in a treehouse the night of their wedding ) We cannot wait to go back for our anniversaries and stay in all of the different houses and take our families back to the cabins ! We feel we gained friends out of the staff they were so amazing ! Melissa even calmed me right before walking down the aisle- (she seemed more like a friend than staff )They also have obtained their liquor license recently and the bartender/ bar was awesome as well as their new Beer Barn! The photo booth was a hit as well which was also way cheaper going through the barn and it matches the barn!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Ashley V

I recently got married at the Grand Barn on 9-30-16. The venue is absolutely beautiful and my guest were blown away by how amazing my wedding turned out!! It was love at first site when I went to check it out and booked it immediately ( they are in high demand and are booked out... Read More for 1-2 yrs). The tree houses and cabins were very accommodating and added a unique experience for my guests and family. The Grand Barn staff is exceptional to work with and always willing to help me with questions or concerns i had. They really go above and beyond to ensure that everything is in place and that you have the wedding of your dreams. My wedding went perfectly as planned (of course with the help of Melissa---i highly recommend any bride booking this venue to contact her about coordinating your day!) even with the threat of a possible downpour!! Of course you take a big risk for having inclement weather by having an outdoor wedding, but the Barn recently built a pavilion for such an occasion. Fortunately the weather held off and i had the most beautiful ceremony!! As i will look back on this day in years to come, i will be so please and satisfied in my decision to have them host my wedding!! Big shout out and thank you to Laura, Gretchen, and Melissa!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016

My husband is from Scotland and I am from Ohio. We both live in Scotland but decided to have our wedding closer to my home in Ohio. When we decided to have our wedding in Ohio at first I was skeptical on finding the right venue to get the kind of feel for the wedding we... Read More dreamed of having. I stumbled across the Grand Barn on a random google search and after we visited a couple years ago now I am so glad I did! We envisioned a few day event as we had people from all over the world coming to our wedding. Laura, Kevin, Gretchen, and Melissa were nothing but helpful to make this vision come to life. Having only visited the place once two years before our wedding, I emailed them at least a few times a week and never had to wait long for a response. Planning a wedding should be stressful, especially from overseas, but I can honestly say I was at ease planning from the UK with their help! The cabins and treehouse were beautiful inside and out. Perfect accommodation for our guests coming from abroad to have them all stay on site and not have to travel. Everyone at the Grand Barn were totally on board with our three day vision from dinners outside to a highland themed games to the small details on the wedding day. We also had the pleasure of working with Samantha who is as lovely as they come and helped us with all the small details on the day along with coordinators Tara and Aimee. If you are looking for a venue, and dream of running away to the woods with your guests, look no further than the Grand Barn. Our guests fell in love with the venue just as much as we did in the three days calling the place, ‘magical’, ‘a dream’, something they would never forget, and felt like kids again staying in tree houses in the woods. Declan and I will never forget what it felt like to have all the people we care for get to know each other and owe it all to the lovely people who make the Grand Barn such an unforgettable place!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Chelsea O

PERFECT. One word to describe the Grand Barn and all of the staff involved. I was absolutely blown away by how helpful all the staff were to make my dream rustic wedding a success. The beauty of the Grand Barn speaks for itself with its setting in the middle of the woods to... Read More every intricacy of the barn itself. The staff were so supportive and did everything to make it all run smoothly. They were a joy to work with! The Grand Barn will always hold a special place in my heart!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kelly S

This is quite possibly the most unique wedding venue that either we or our guests had ever seen. It was the perfect continuation of our love story. After our engagement in a treehouse in KY, we found this magical place in OH and went for it. The day and evening were truly... Read More special and the outdoor setting had much to do with that. Sure the Grand Barn is not easy to get to, but that’s what makes it so special. Our guests loved staying in the treehouses and everyone wanted a tour. No detail was left unnoticed. The staff takes impeccable care of this place. We loved The Nest, the brand new honeymoon suite. It was simply magical. We’ll never forget our big day.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Maren O

Our guests loved our Wedding at the Grand Barn. It was a wonderful space to get ready in during the day and their staff was accommodating to all of our requests. You can't rival how beautiful the space is. We toured 8 other wedding venue locations and The Grand Barn is worlds... Read More above the rest. It's romantic, rustic, and comfortable. Plus, you get to stay in a treehouse! How Cool!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Taylor P

I just got married there and it was amazing! The barn, the people who work there , everything!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017

Who get's married on a Wednesday.. I did! This great venue opened up their doors for an "Intimate" wedding experience. We were able to have all our guests attend the wedding, party at the campfire and spend the night in cabins/ tree houses. I have received so many compliments... Read More on the whole experience. Thank you Mohicans! Crystal McDonald- Samarin

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Kristen r

I got married at the Grand Barn on 10/24/15 and it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't believe how the place transformed when we added our personal touches. We got married under the pavilion surrounded by peak fall... Read More leaves. Most wonderful day of our lives! In addition to the main venue, the cabins and tree houses are amazing and our guests really enjoyed staying in the rustic-elegant accommodations. Laura and Melissa were extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and, with the exception of a few small mishaps, we had a very pleasant experience working with them! They were available to talk with us and answer questions at almost any time of day and our wedding would not have ran so smoothly without them. Great people paired with a breath-taking venue made for a dream wedding in the woods! My only recommendation is to hire Laura a personal assistant haha! That woman is working wonders for so many people and could probably use some more hands :-P Thank you again to everyone at the Grand Barn and we hope to see you all again!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Jennifer B

We could have never imagined a more perfect venue for our wedding. Since our first day of meeting the owners and day-of coordinator for the Grand Barn, we immediately knew this was our place. Our guests couldn't stop complimenting the setting - the barn itself is gorgeous, then... Read More you top it with an outdoor patio with string lights and tree houses lit in the backdrop. It's absolutely stunning. Planning everything using the expertise of the recommended vendors also made things run seamlessly. I cannot say enough about the owners, the staff, the vendors, the on-site accommodations, and this venue. I'm really going to miss working with them! What an amazing and memorable experience we got to share with our friends and family <3 I highly recommend the Grand Barn at the Mohicans for your upcoming magic moment.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jane A

We just had our wedding at The Grand Barn and we couldn't have been more pleased with the staff and venue from start to finish. They truly go above and beyond to make the day go smoothly.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Kara G

The Grand Barn was absolutely amazing from the day we did our tour, and continuing even after our wedding. Our guests were blown away by the venue. And I felt so welcomed and everyone was available anytime I had any questions. They helped me relax during the planning process and... Read More able to enjoy the experience. The venue has thought of everything and has multiple backup plans incase of inclement weather. Our wedding day it rained a couple hours before the ceremony and as soon as the rain stopped, the manager was out there squeegeeing all of the pews! She also surprised me by taking videos and photos after our photographer and videographer had left for the night. And they were promptly emailed to me the next day. The owners and every person on staff were fantastic to work with and they really do everything they can to make your vision come true. I highly recommend this venue to anyone considering!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Julianne N

I'm a few years late writing a review, but better late than never! We had our wedding here in the Fall of 2013...and I have nothing but amazing things to say about the venue, the location, and the people who helped make our day perfect (Kevin, Laura, and Melissa). I still... Read More remember that gorgeous October day like it was yesterday! When we first looked at the venue in February of 2013, the Grand Barn was not yet completed, but when I walked into the building I was absolutely floored. If it was that gorgeous unfinished, I could only imagine what it was going to look like completed. We loved it so much that we booked our date that same day. This place is absolutely magical- SO beautiful!! It makes me so happy to see how much it has grown since our wedding (now there are some additional outdoor ceremony sites and many more tree houses). This place will always hold a special place in our hearts and we will continue to be returning guests. I highly recommend this wedding venue, the tree houses, and the cabins!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kya G

This venue was absolutely perfect! Everyone was so thoughtful & helpful in making our day everything we hoped for! It is absolutely stunning & takes almost no effort decorating because it is so beautiful. Do yourself a favor & get married here 😊😊

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Heather H

This venue is absolutely beautiful! After visiting this venue in person I knew it would be the one I booked for my special day. Pictures absolutely do not do it justice. The staff was very helpful with coordinating and offering suggestions for everything including trusted... Read More vendors they have worked with in the past. The only process that wasn't smooth was the bar service, but it ended up fine. They have a great bridal and groom suite with two bathrooms, a shower, and a small kitchen and seating area. They have a covered shelter house as an option for ceremony use outside in case of rain. There is a photo booth as an option to rent that was a hit with our guests. They have plenty of props and tables/chairs for use. My guests are raving about how beautiful the venue was and how they plan to make a trip back to stay in a cabin. My only regret is that we did not push our honeymoon back a day so we could stay in a treehouse on our wedding night. We will definitely be back to do so!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Sarah F

I recently had my wedding at the Grand Barn and I continue to sing its praises. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the service is on point. Laura Mooney (owner) was flexible, down to earth, and so helpful. Questions were answered within hours and I always felt like I was a... Read More priority. I live out of state so I used Melissa (coordinator) to assist me in planning the wedding and she made the day flawless. She is reasonably priced and full of great suggestions and help since she's worked there for many years. When it started raining in the middle of dinner she was quick to help my DJ move and set up upstairs all without me even knowing. She helped organize all my vendors as they arrived and assisted in decorating as us girls were getting ready. I had zero cares or worries as the big hour approached. My husband and I stayed in Little Red for our honeymoon suite and Melissa's son (also works at the Barn) was able to give us a ride to the treehouse in a golf cart. He was our chauffeur and was so sweet and excited to be able to help. Many of my wedding guests were from out of state and they marveled and the uniqueness of the Barn and the beauty of the forest, fireflies, and stars. I lived my fairy tale wedding and I couldn't be happier. Thank you Grand Barn for making my dreams come to life! We are looking forward to spending our 1 year anniversary back in the treehouses. May God Bless your Barn and all the future weddings that are to be held there.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Becky H

Our wedding day was nothing short of a fairy tale. As soon as my husband and I toured the venue, we fell in love. The owners and staff responded to all of our questions very quickly and helped us make decisions so our day ran very smooth! We used the vendors that The Grand Barn... Read More recommended and we were not disappointed! All of our guests are still complimenting us on what a beautiful venue we picked & I have gotten remarks such as "the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to". We booked all of the tree houses and cabins for our guests to stay in the night of the wedding, making it an even more unique experience. If you love nature & appreciate a beautiful scenic venue, I highly recommend booking The Grand Barn to host your big day!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Nicole D

The Grand Barn was the perfect venue for our dream wedding! Laura and Melissa were both so helpful during the planning stage as well as during our big day. Everyone on staff is amazing. In addition to an amazing wedding venue our guests were able to stay in the cabins and... Read More treehouses which made out wedding weekend that much more memorable. I can't imagine going anywhere else for my wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie M

I had my wedding at the grand barn in September. It was the perfect fall setting. The grand barn is stunning and the staff was attentive to our every need. The whole planning process was stress free as the owner Laura is quick to respond and answer endless questions. All my... Read More guests were so impressed by the barn and cabins and tree houses on the property. There couldn't be a better location for our wedding. Thanks for making my wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Colleen Z

I had spent lots of time perusing barns in the Columbus area and nearby and kept coming across the same problem- expensive and not that rustic. Stumbling across The Grand Barn was the biggest treat- affordable, stunning with hardly any decoration needed, and unique. My husband... Read More and I love being outdoors and having the trees surrounding us on our wedding day made for the perfect backdrop. Working with Melissa was great and stress free. The staff at the barn were unnoticed on our wedding day, and prior to, they were extremely detailed and checked up on us as the day got closer. Not to mention that being able to stay in a Treehouse on our wedding night is a story in and of itself! Thank you for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Jennifer E

Kevin and Laura, when we first made the drive out to your barn, I was skeptical that anyone would come to our wedding. But when I saw the inside of the barn, I was sold at first sight. The barn is beautiful, and with Four Seasons' decorations, the barn was stunning. I had a... Read More family member say that it was "straight out of a fairy tale." I cannot thank you enough for responding to all my emails and questions, and I will never forget our wedding at the Grand Barn. Please go check out the venue. It is worth the drive. You won't regret it. And you can stay in a treehouse for your wedding night. Best wedding ever!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Carlie C

The Grand Barn was magical. My husband and I got married there last weekend and loved every minute of it. The staff was very helpful throughout the process including Laura, Melissa, and the bartender, Samantha. We stayed in the White Oak Treehouse on our wedding night which... Read More made our wedding even more special and unique. The venue is so beautiful it barely needs decor! Thank you Laura and the Grand Barn staff for making our wedding day so perfect! Nate and Carlie Meyer

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Abby B

We had such a wonderful wedding at The Grand Barn. The staff was super helpful through the months answering all of my questions. They helped me piece together all the different vendors I needed & gave me ideas how to stay on my budget. Gretchen and Laura were so helpful &... Read More always just a phone call or an email away- thanks ladies!! As for the ceremony..... It was just beautiful!! I was nervous having an outdoor ceremony & on a day it was scheduled to rain (which it did but they worked some magic with someone up there and it stopped just in time for the ceremony to begin!!) but they have a back up pavilion just in case that does happen! Having the tree houses and cabins made for a great time with friends and family once the reception and rehearsal dinners were over as we had drinks, music and then bon fires once everything was closed up. The barn is absolutely beautiful, the deck is great for dancing & the patio area was just magical for our first dance... I couldn't have imagined my wedding being celebrated anywhere else. Cant wait for our pictures to come back as the outdoor woods and scenery was just gorgeous and made for some great photography!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Nicole P

My fiancé and I got engaged in December 2014. We were pretty clueless about what we wanted in a wedding venue aside from knowing our venue had to be 1) unique, 2) outdoors with a “plan B” option for our getting through Ohio weather and 3) not too far from home. We first met... Read More Kevin Mooney at a wedding event held in Cleveland – I think we knew from that point this would be our wedding venue. We attended the bridal show held at Mohican in the spring of 2015 and were blown away with the natural beauty of this venue. We got to tour all three treehouses on site and were in love with this venue – the fact that you had to practically off-road it on the dirt/gravel trials to get to the venue was a plus for us. We really liked the idea of having a “destination wedding” close enough to home so that our close friends and family could come. Fast forward to August 2016 – wedding day!! Throughout what was a very daunting process for me, Laura and Kevin Mooney were beyond amazing (and Gretchen too!) and answered my emails and phone calls with impressive speed even when it was over something seemingly trivial like the dimensions of benches used for the wedding ceremony. We hired the venue’s day of coordinator, Melissa Elswick to take care of making sure everything ran smoothly for the big day. She does an awesome job taking care of you – I usually worry about everything and she really helped to assure me that even if something went awry on the day of the wedding, she would take care of it (she was an awesome advocate for us the day of the wedding when some vendors hadn’t shown up on time). When we arrived at the venue I was flooded with emotion over having all of our plans finally come to fruition. Seeing the venue the day of the wedding when we first pulled up was very overwhelming for me in a good way. Since our wedding (August 13, 2016) we have been able to look at numerous pictures that our friends and family members took during the wedding and reception. Looking back on our day, everything went so smoothly and turned out so beautifully that our wedding looks like it came straight out of a storybook. Everything from flowers (Jane – Seville Flower and Gift), to food (A Taste of Excellence – Karen Levin) turned out to exceed our expectations. Had we chosen any other venue other than The Grand Barn, we would have chosen the wrong venue for us. If you like to be outdoors and want a unique venue this is it!! Steve and I stayed in the Brewhouse Treehouse (“Little Red”) the evening of the wedding. Not only did we get to have the wedding of our dreams, our new adventures together as a married couple started the very same night of our wedding ☺ I hope that this review does The Grand Barn and Laura & Kevin Mooney justice but I’m afraid it does not – get out there and see it for yourself how stunning this venue really is. Thank you so much Laura & Kevin Mooney for all of your help over the course of the past few months and thank you for creating the most amazing space nestled amongst the trees for us to have our wedding! Steve and I are looking forward to coming back and staying in all of the treehouses in the future!! Take care. Our friends and family have all been raving about how amazing our wedding was. Retrospectively, if I could do things all over again, I wouldn’t have changed any of the decisions we made along the way. Love, Steve and Nicole Myers

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Anna L

Stunning!!! The perfect place for a rustic wedding. The space is very intimate which is perfect for a smaller wedding. I strongly recommend this gorgeous barn to anyone who is looking for a rustic wedding venue. The staff is very accommodating and they helped so much the day of... Read More and for set up/ tear down.

Meet The Events Director

Melissa Conrad

Melissa has been the Event Manager at The Grand Barn since we opened in late 2013.