The Innocence

Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas,South Dakota

We fill your dance floor & keep it rockin'!

Congratulations on your engagement! We love playing at weddings, and hope we can be the part of your big day that you and your guests will talk about for years to come! The Innocence will keep your party groovin' for up to 4-hours of fun music! We provide DJ-ed cocktail hour and dinner music at no extra charge. Our lead vocalist, Dave serves as Master of Ceremonies to keep your night on track, and he also DJ's during the band's breaks so the music and dancing never stops! The Innocence is celebrating it's 10 year anniversary in 2017! Our record and wonderful reviews speak for themselves. We'd love to celebrate with you, and hope to hear from you soon! Best wishes!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Vocals

Country, Dance, Disco, Pop, R&B, Rock

Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

PO Box 1388, Kearney, NE Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas,South Dakota (308) 440-4321

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Katy C

The Innocence were amazing! They absolutely played an irreplaceable part in making our reception incredible. Our guest are still raving about how awesome they were. They were extremely easy to work with and took careful consideration to make sure our night was perfect. Dave... Read More did a great job filling the MC role and kept our reception events right on time. I would highly suggest The Innocence for any wedding, they are definitely worth the investment over an ordinary DJ.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Afton C

The Innocence goes above & beyond for your special day! From meeting with them, discussing the music which is very well written out, to the introductions into the wedding, background music and the band itself, they will not disappoint. They do a great job of reading the crowd... Read More & selecting music to keep everyone on the dance floor. We had all ages from 2-92 out on our dance floor and people are still talking about how amazing the band was at our wedding 2 years later. Dave, Spencer, Luke & Greg to an amazing job & make you feel like family. This band is a must for all weddings & worth every penny!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Paige W

If you're looking to have an awesome reception for your wedding, booking The Innocence band is definitely the way to go! These guys are fun and super easy to work with. The party never stopped, even when they needed to take breaks! The dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night... Read More (even by a few of my family members who NEVER dance!) Everybody wanted to know where this band was from and who they were because they rocked the place! Thanks for making our wedding awesome :)

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 John J

What are you going to remember about your wedding day? It may not be something you ask yourself out loud, but it's there in the back of your mind. That's why you ordered pictures. That's why you'll preserve your wedding dress, press flowers, and eat cake a year after your... Read More wedding. What about remembering it as one of the best parties you and your friends have ever been to? I remember my wedding day as was one of the best celebrations of my life, and I give The Innocence credit for that. We wanted our guests to remember that they had a blast, and I can confidently say I've had friends tell me they did, and then do that thing where they pause and say, "No, really. I'm not kidding. It was the best." I think back on my wedding day and smile, always thinking about just how much fun we had. (I also recommend getting a cool wife). Now, I know you're thinking "Everyone thinks that about their wedding day". You don't know fun until you're dancing next to your bride while a group of incredibly talented musicians play some of the most entertaining songs of the last few decades. What you get when you book The Innocence--first and foremost--is a group of incredibly talented musicians. As fate would have it, while I was grades below him, I had the good fortune of seeing the lead singer's senior Trumpet recital while I was in college--the recital was remarkable. You read that correctly. The lead singer, who is an incredible vocalist, is also one of the better amateur trumpet players I have heard! As for playing emcee, The Innocence does a professional job of moving the reception along while being entertaining without taking focus off the bride, groom, and wedding party. But just wait until they dig their heels in and the music begins. I can't recommend The Innocence enough. Next to how good my wife looked, they made my wedding day special not just for me, but the people closest to me. As life goes on, it's those days that shine in your memory the most.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Lexi B

This band is amazing not only are they all great musicians but they also very personable and will really go the extra mile to make your event special. Would highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Makenzie H

Dave and the rest of The Innocence guys were such a great team to work with leading up to the wedding and were such a blast at the wedding! They worked very well with me and my preferences for music at our reception. Everyone that attended our wedding couldn't stop talking about... Read More how great they were and how much fun they had at our wedding! I would highly recommend The Innocence for an awesome live music experience!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Emilie C

We had The Innocence play at our wedding reception. They were AMAZING! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was out on the dance floor the entire night! They played every song we asked for, and they even listened to our requests as far as songs we didn't want played. They really took... Read More charge of the evening and made sure everything ran smoothly, as far as background music during dinner, the first dances, speeches, and introductions. If you want a wedding night that no one will forget I strongly recommend this band!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Emilie C

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Roger T

We first heard The Innocence at Village Pointe and knew they would be awesome for our son and daughter in law's wedding. The wedding was July 15, 2017 and they were better than awesome. The dance floor was full all night long! We are so thankful they were available. For a... Read More great wedding reception / party, we cannot imagine a better band. Looking forward to the next time we get to dance to The Innocence!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Morgan K

The Innocence- One of my overall goals during our wedding reception was to keep our guest on the dance floor the whole night. By the end of the night our wedding party was trying to bribe the band an extra $500 to keep them playing after midnight- Safe to say they kept the... Read More party going the entire night and I was so happy with the amount of people who covered the dance floor the whole time. They kept it rocking with old school favorites to current hits. I highly recommend The Innocence if you're looking for high quality music with a party. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!! Love, Morgan & Landon Keller 05.20.17

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Brooke B

The Innocence is the BEST wedding band around, hands down. They played at our wedding reception almost 3 years ago and we STILL get raves about how great our band was and how much fun the reception was! They were so well organized, great to work with and took care of everything... Read More we needed and more. They have a great variety of music for guests of all ages and kept the party going all night long. I've never seen so many people on the dance floor at a reception and several of my friends/family have booked them following our reception. If you're considering a band for your wedding, do not even hesitate in booking The Innocence! They are so worth it and you will NOT regret it!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Amanda A

This band was simply amazing. No words can describe really how great they made my new husband and I's wedding. They made the reception flow from the day to the night. I would highly reccomend this band to any bride and groom looking to have wonderful music and entertainment at... Read More their wedding!

Dave Lerbakken

Hi! My name is Dave Lerbakken, and I'm the Bassist and one of the lead vocalists for The Innocence. I've been entertaining for almost 25 years now, and lucky enough to call Musician as my full-time job. I never thought I'd be performing the majority of my weekend nights at wedding receptions, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be! I get to perform in front of folks ready to celebrate, and be an important part of a couples' biggest day. I've been a part of over 150 weddings and I'm thankful for the great friendships I've made with my couples, their families, and their guests. Cheers!