Escape the Ordinary

The Monte Bello Estate is an exclusive 55-acre venue providing the most picturesque setting for weddings, rehearsal dinners and bridal showers. Our enchanting estate and breathtaking grounds are the perfect backdrop for your unforgettable ceremony and wedding reception.

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

16501 135th Street, Lemont, IL (815) 836-8617
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lisa P

I cannot say enough great things about the Monte Bello. We had our ceremony and reception here and everything was perfect. The entire venue inside and outside is stunning. We hardly needed any decor because of how beautiful it was. Abbey, Katie, Sarah, and Courtney were so... Read More great to work with. They answered all of our questions in a timely fashion and were beyond accommodating. The food and cake were both great. All of our guests could not stop talking about how great this place was and what a gem it was. I could not be more thankful to have found this place because they truly helped our vision become reality. I would recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Mary D

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Monte Bello Estate. The Monte Bello is really a perfect venue, it is spacious and gorgeous and feels like you are at a garden mansion estate. You can choose to get married outside or inside, and they have a beautiful glass tent for... Read More the reception. They are constantly making improvements to the venue; in the year since we booked, they added chandeliers, an outdoor bar, among other improvements. We looked at 12 other venues in Chicago, but we could not get close to this amount of space in the city. The staff at Monte Bello were incredibly responsive and kind through the entire year, although we knew they had so many weddings before ours. They answered all of our messages promptly, and welcomed us warmly to the venue multiple times when we came to show it to our families or needed additional planning meetings. I also loved all the add ons they had to make your event more personalized, we added on s’mores and yard games, and our guests raved about both activities. The day of the wedding, we knew that the staff was there making sure things ran smoothly, but I also appreciated that they trusted us to take care of the space and we mostly in the background. It made it feel like we owned a mansion for the day. Sara and Abbey were especially amazing and made the whole experience stress free, I highly highly recommend the Monte Bello and need one of my friends to get married there so I can go back!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kathleen K

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and all the staff!!! The Monte Bello Estate was the ideal venue for our wedding (June 3, 2017). After the wedding, we were hearing for weeks from our guests that it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they had ever been... Read More to. The estate has SO much to offer a bride and groom. There are endless backdrops for gorgeous and unique pictures. Abbey, Katie, & Sara were fantastic. They were so patient and courteous with us. They are truly a good team that knows what they're doing. Your wedding day is in safe hands with them!!! I wish we could relive our day over and over because it was perfect. I don't think any other venue could have given us the special day that we had.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Al S

The location and facility are beautiful and unique. Every staff member was helpful and professional. And the food received rave reviews from our guests. Having just hosted a party/reception at The Monte Bello Estate, following an earlier destination wedding, we highly... Read More recommend this hidden jewel in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. A 2016 family wedding on the grounds showed us how gorgeous it looked. Now we know first-hand how well it operates. Abbey, Katie, Sara and the entire staff worked with us from beginning to end, making sure that it was well-planned and yet pressure-free. An overall fantastic experience!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Britta N

Beautiful venue and supportive staff. The grounds are stunning so we enjoyed cocktail hour outside on the patio and then moved into the white chandelier lit tent for dinner. There were more photo opportunities than we had time for. During the planning process, Abbey handled my... Read More many requests for customization like a pro. Every time we visited for a tasting or walk-through the MB had updated something new. I have a feeling that in a few years it will be increasingly difficult to book a date here.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Danielle Y

After looking at several different wedding venues around the Chicagoland area, nothing that we saw came close to what The Monte Bello Estate offers. When my now, husband and family went there for our first visit and meeting with Abbey, we immediately knew THIS IS THE PLACE.... Read More Not only were we blown away by the beauty of the grounds, but Abbey gave us the warmest welcome and treated us like family. Down to every bit of detail that is involved with wedding planning, Abbey made that process seamless and made sure on our big day that everything that we planned was perfectly executed. And it was everything that I could have ever imagined and MORE! If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind venue that is exclusively YOURS (you will not be sharing any space with any other bride), if you love nature and want an outside wedding, you'll have access to 55+ acres of gorgeous scenery, and if you want your own house with the most beautiful bridal suite for you and your ladies to get ready in while the guys have their own man cave then The Monte Bello Estate is the perfect wedding venue for you!! And, I cannot forget about the enclosed glass tent where the reception takes place is the nicest wedding tent I have been to for a wedding venue. Your guests will also enjoy cocktail hour outside on their newly built outdoor bar and lounge area by their in ground pool. Did I also mention that the food was top notch! Even down to our cake, it was absolutely delicious!! I fell in LOVE with this place and all the people that work there. Best decision that we made when it came to wedding planning was choosing The Monte Bello Estate. This place and their staff deserve 10 stars!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Cheryl w

We fell in love with The Monte Bello Estate the very first time seeing it. This was the wedding that I had always dreamed of having! Besides having such a beautiful atmosphere, the food and service was exceptional! The girls, especially Abbey, were so helpful and patient with... Read More all of our questions and concerns! They made the day go smoothly, and took the stress off of us. My husband and I are so happy with how our day turned out and we couldn’t have been happier!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Allie H

I could not recommend the Monte Bello enough! My wedding day was picture perfect and I owe so much to this to the Monte Bello! From the beginning Katie and Abbey were so open and accommodating to anything we wanted! They were open to making changes to the venue (we had a band)... Read More and were willing to make any additions we wanted! The venue is spectacular and will be a day we remember forever! We received so many compliments on the venue and how unique and beautiful it was! We had an east coast/ballroom style wedding which means we danced throughout dinner. This required much planning and timing with the kitchen, which Allie Tucker did a fantastic job! The Monte Bello ran everything smoothly and I have nothing but amazing things to say about all they did for us on our day! Every question we asked was answered quickly and with many suggestions and any help we needed! We will continue to recommend the Monte Bello to any couple we talk to! We could not be more grateful to them for the most amazing day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Shayla J

We got married at Monte Bello and it was beautiful. It unfortunately rained, but the staff waited until very late to give us the chance to attempt to still have it outside. We really appreciated that, and other ways that they went above and beyond. The food was simply amazing... Read More and we keep getting compliments on it. Of course, the venue itself is gorgeous and you couldn't ask for a more idyllic setting. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The only thing that we weren't happy with was they placed the wrong chargers out for the reception, but I think that's the only thing that wasn't correct. They even allowed us to place our favors (bookmarks) into the folded napkins at each seat. I'm already planning to do a vow renewal there years from now (and hopefully with better weather!). Thank you so much to the entire staff, catering, and wait staff at MB...they made our day truly special!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Lindsey V

The best venue ever! My husband and I spent countless hours and visits trying to find the perfect venue for us. We wanted something out of the ordinary. Monte Bello is truly out of the ordinary! From the moment we drove on to the property, we were blown away. The landscape is... Read More immaculate. It is such a beautiful property. We met with Abbey our first visit, and continued to work with her throughout our wedding process. She is THE BEST coordinator around. She remained in contact with us throughout the planning process and gave us advice when needed. Abbey truly went above and beyond the call of duty for our wedding. She returned e-mails promptly, and sent revised contracts immediately any time we made changes (which was often, sorry Abbey!). Our guests raved about the venue, and continue to rave about the venue. Specifically, our guests loved the beauty of Monte Bello and the food. We received so many compliments on the appetizers, signature cocktails, and dinner. We cannot say enough great things about our experience with Abbey and the Monte Bello Estate, we highly recommend it to any couple looking for a truly amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Brittany C

Monte Bello Estate went above and beyond ALL expectations I had as a bride. My husband and I worked closely with Abbey who helped coordinate the day to make sure it ran smoothly. She made our wedding seamless. The food is incredible and the scenery is like something out of a... Read More movie. I am so passionate about this venue and the entire staff that works there. They truly made our dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Ashley R

WOW! What an amazing venue. Besides being BEAUTIFUL, everything ran so smoothly on our big day. The staff was so nice and made sure everything was perfect. Our guests loved the food and are still raving over the scenery at the estate. Leading up to the date, I was very happy... Read More with the whole process. Everyone was super responsive to all my questions and very helpful. Thank you Monte Bello for hosting my dream wedding, my husband and I are still so happy!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Katie G

We recently had our wedding at Monte Bello and we couldn't have been any happier with how it turned out. The venue and grounds are beautiful and you can tell they take a lot of pride in making sure everything is perfect. They've recently added an outdoor bar, bonfires and more... Read More chandeliers in the tent. All of which made the venue even more amazing. Throughout the entire planning process everyone has been friendly and very quick to respond to emails. They have three package options and a list of add ons that help customize your wedding. The food was good and you have quite a few options. The cake is included in the package and was amazing! You get to try a lot at the tasting and can choose from a long list of flavors. You also get to customize the design. I would highly recommend renting the estate for the day as well. The bride and groom's suite are incredible and great places to get ready and hang out for before the wedding. The ceremony site with the gazebo was one of the main reasons we chose the venue and we're so glad the rain held out so we could get married outside. They do have a back up option if it does rain which accommodates 150 seats and has a beautiful view. But it does seem a little cramped. The only thing I could think to complain about is the carpet in the tent was a little dirty. I noticed it during the tour but with the lighting/tables/decor I didn't even notice during the wedding. They also do not have a "day of coordinator" to cue your ceremony/help set up/direct your vendors. This was something we chose to get separate so we didn't have to worry about it the day of. While it's not the most budget friendly venue, you will have the piece of mind it's money well spent. Our guests were very impressed and like us, many had never been to a wedding at a venue like this. Overall the Monte Bello Estate is whimsical, romantic and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Samantha D

We had our wedding at the Monte Bello Estate this past May. The entire experience was great and I couldn't recommend the venue more. Abbey was the venue coordinator we worked most closely with and she was very professional and helpful throughout the process. She was also... Read More extremely patient with all of the questions my mom threw at her! The grounds are beautiful and the weather was PERFECT! We could not have asked for a better day. They were also very accommodating with allowing our dog to be a part of the wedding. We've received many compliments since then about how beautiful and fun our wedding was. I only wish that the outdoor bar area would have been finished in time for us to utilize it because I've seen the new pictures and it looks great. I also appreciated Abbey personally coming by several times throughout dinner service to make sure my drink was full!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Brittany B

We had our wedding August 5,2017. Everything was amazing. Everyone was so easy to work with and answered all of our questions throughout the process! We would highly recommend them!

2017-09-30T14:12:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your sweet review! It was wonderful getting to know you guys and see how beautiful your wedding (and photos!) turned out at the estate.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Kristin K

My wedding day could not have gone any better!! The venue is so elegant and the staff is amazing! Abbey helped us make our day special and help us with anything we needed.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Nicole R

From the moment we saw Monte Bello, I knew this was where I wanted our wedding. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Courtney. She's very accommodating and was quick to help/respond when I had a question. Both the outside and inside are absolutely beautiful! The food... Read More is also amazing. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for :) Even with the most expensive package, many things are extra to add on (everything is in the contract, read it carefully). We added on a few cases of champagne and cordials to have a champagne bar at our reception. The only thing that was a bit disappointing at our wedding is that this was not put out for guests the way we had discussed and most of the champagne wasn't used. Other than that, everything was amazing and we had tons of compliments. It was everything we could have dreamed of!

2017-09-30T14:09:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, it was a pleasure hosting your wedding at Monte Bello! Sorry for the confusion, we are glad you and your guests still had a wonderful time, you were such a beautiful bride! :)

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren R

When I saw that such a beautiful, magical, and relaxing venue known as The Monte Bello Estate existed in the suburbs of Chicago, I was over the moon excited. I had my wedding at this venue in July and am thrilled that my fiance and I chose this out-of-the-ordinary place as our... Read More wedding venue. We decided to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the estate and our guests seemed to really appreciate the ongoing flow of the day. With our wedding in July, the grounds at the estate looked pristine. Our guests were constantly telling us that they loved our choice of venue. Prior to the day of my wedding, I enjoyed working with Abby and Katie to plan the menu, tent layout, and linens for the day. They provided exceptional insight into what would look amazing and be most pleasing to our wedding guests. My reasons for not giving this amazing venue and staff a 4 out of 5 star review is because when it came time to clean up after the reception, my parents and bridal party were responsible. Plus, my husband and I felt that the basement and bridal room could have been better equipped to make us and our bridal party more comfortable. Thank you to The Monte Bello Estate and its staff for making our wedding day a real fairytale!

2017-09-30T13:54:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure hosting your wedding in July! Our staff does do most of the clean up, however family, florists, or wedding planners are responsible for gathering and bringing home personal belongings at the conclusion of the event.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

I cannot put into words how amazing the Monte Bello estate and their staff are! I fell in love with this venue instantly and knew I couldn't get married anywhere else. Abbey was a rockstar! She was so great to work with! She answered all my questions and emails promptly and we... Read More had constant contact. She was always so friendly and helpful. The whole staff is so professional. The estate is gorgeous! My guests were so happy and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff, the venue and the food! I wish I could go back and do it all over again because everything went extremely smooth and it truly was the wedding of my dreams! I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants something other than a banquet hall. Your guests will rave about everything especially the food. People can be so picky with food but I did not hear one negative thing. Shoutout to Ali Tucker! Again, my whole wedding day was amazing, I could go on and on about how wonderful everything was! Thank you to everyone at the Monte Bello!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Stephanie S

I cannot say enough amazing things about our wedding at Monte Bello Estate! We were looking for a unique wedding venue and we found it! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and the inside of the house has cool little details. Our wedding guests raved about the beauty of the... Read More venue! All of the decorations turned out exactly how I expected and it looked incredible. They've added some cool chandeliers inside the tent that added something special. Working with Abbey was great and she was very responsive along the way. There were many emails with many many questions, but she always responded to them all and we sorted out every little detail! The food was great and we received many compliments on that as well. They helped set up all of our extra decorations and assisted in packing them all up at the end of the night. We rented the estate to get ready in and loved the gorgeous bridal suite that was perfect for pictures. The guys loved the downstairs game area, which also made for some amazing pictures. The reception was definitely not cheap, but you get what you pay for! We wanted the best of everything which unfortunately cost us more than budgeted. I think you could have a beautiful wedding there for a reasonable amount though. Overall the experience was great and I highly recommend the venue! I wish we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Annie C

Monte Bello is absolutely beautiful. Abbey was our main contact and she was so responsive, friendly and helpful. All of our guests absolutely raved about how gorgeous and cool the venue was. The food and drinks were also really good. We had just under 250 people. The capacity... Read More is 275 but that would have been really tight. There are a few restrictions about set up time and needing to clear out everything the night of that made it a it more stressful/rushed to get set up and taken down. That said, I would definitely choose Monte Bello again in a second. It really built in the beauty and elegance so we could just show up and have fun!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jillian B

The Monte Bello Estate gave me my dream wedding. This place is so beautiful, non traditional, and the staff is AMAZING! If you are looking for an affordable diamond in the rough, the MBE is the place! Abbey and Katie were awesome. Any questions I had throughout the entire... Read More process were answered quickly and cooperatively. The bridal suite is the master bedroom of the house converted into a classic/ vintage style lounge area with a gorgeous bathroom. I had hair and makeup artists come the day of for my bridal party and we had plenty of room to get ready. (I had 9 girls stand up!) We planned on getting married outside, but unfortunately it was raining. We quickly moved the ceremony site into a different room of the house. It was beautiful! I got so many compliments from my guests that I was happy it rained. The food is also outstanding. I have a pretty critical family when it comes to food at weddings, and they loved it. The apps, the main dinner, and even the cake. (Caramel cake with caramel frosting) I do not have one bad thing to say about this place. The basement is converted into a "man cave." My husband and his groomsmen we able to relax, party a little, and get ready in a completely separate space from me, and without the fear of running into each other before the ceremony. The grounds, the house, the outdoor patios, and even the inground pool make this the most unique place for a wedding.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Lexi C

My wedding venue was one of the most important things to me when planning my wedding. I researched every venue possible, finding a handful that were good options. My husband and I went to tour a couple of my venue choices, and as soon as we got to the Monte Bello Estate, we were... Read More sold. The grounds are just beautiful, and the tent was exactly what I was looking for. The estate itself is very well kept as well. When my husband saw the basement, where the groom and groomsmen get ready for the day, he was hooked. He didn't want to look at any other venues, this was it. And that was totally fine by me, because I was in love! Abbey, and the rest of the team at the Monte Bello were a pleasure to work with as well. They are all so sweet and helpful, and will answer any questions you may have. I highly recommend renting the estate for the day. You get more time to relax, get ready, and explore before your wedding begins. I do wish "renting for the day" allowed you to arrive even earlier than it permits, but it still gives you extra time on the day of. The food at the venue is delicious, and it’s so nice that you don't have to bring in your own catering! The cake is definitely the best part of catering. All the flavors were so delicious, it was hard to choose! But seriously, if you are considering the Monte Bello Estate as your wedding venue, just go visit and see for yourself. It is even more incredible in person. I will say, it is pricey, but so worth it. Hands down I would choose the Monte Bello over and over again. From the ceremony arch, to the fire pit by cocktail hour, to the breathtaking tent for the reception, you will not be disappointed, and neither will your guests! I will forever love the Monte Bello Estate.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lindsey C

Finding a venue in the Chicago area that fits a fairytale/mythical/nature themed wedding can be quite difficult, but Monte Bello definitely takes the cake! My husband and I booked the venue before any of the recent renovations were done and we loved it then. Now, after several... Read More major changes, the estate is definitely a place out of one's dreams. Our wedding was on a Sunday in October 2016 and we rented the estate for the day so we did not have to worry about anything. The outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour to our reception in the tent was nothing sort of magical. Abbey and Suzanne were both wonderful in helping us before and during the big day. I highly recommend Monte Bello to any woman who, like me, dreamed of a fairytale wedding in the woods.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle C

Monte Bello was absolutely amazing. We held both our ceremony and reception at the venue, and our wedding was nothing short of magical. We rented the venue for the day and we're able to get ready in the bridal and groom suites. Food is incredible. Our guests were blown away.... Read More Would absolutely recommend!

Meet The Events Director

Sara, Abbey, Courtney, & Katie

Building on its reputation as one of the premier venues in Chicago and its surrounding suburbs, our extraordinary staff will work with you to help achieve your dream wedding or special event. The Monte Bello Staff provides the elements for your dream wedding or event with their amazing service and attention to detail, making your experience unforgettable. We can't wait to meet you!