Escape the Ordinary

The Monte Bello Estate is a private 55 acre venue located in Lemont, IL just 20 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. It is the perfect setting for Weddings, Social Parties and Corporate Events.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

16501 135th Street, Lemont, IL (815) 836-8617
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Angie H

The Monte Bello exceeded my expectations in offering a beautiful and stress-free wedding reception site. The venue itself is magical! The exquisite views and beautiful décor truly makes this venue one of a kind. The staff was incredibly helpful - specifically Abbey. Her... Read More professionalism and upbeat personality allowed me a chance to enjoy the planning process. She made herself available numerous times during the planning stage to meet in-person to discuss every detail. No question or ask was too much and the attention to detail and customer service was exceptional. It was very nice to have an opportunity to meet with the estate owner as well and to my surprise he made an appearance on our special day just to make sure everything was to our liking. The vendors (DJ, photographer, videographer, florist, etc.) all spoke very highly about the venue and venue staff, mentioning how seamless the coordinating was. Guests continue to rave about how delicious the food was as well as the large portions. Everything from cocktail hour appetizers, to dinner and cake was topnotch. The tasting was a blast and the food was just as delicious day of as it was on our tasting day. It was especially wonderful to have the cake included in the package. Again, less stress! The wait staff was very professional and attentive to all of our guests. One even volunteered to get my bouquet from the bridal suite when she noticed I was without it. To say we had a wonderful day is an understatement. I am so very thankful for all of the hard work and dedication that the entire staff of the Monte Bello exhibited. I highly recommend this venue for any upcoming celebration.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Erin P

I just had my reception at the Monte Bello Estate one week ago. This venue is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous landscaping surrounds this beautiful house. The staff at the Monte Bello are extremely accommodating and helpful during the planning process. We worked mostly with Abbey to... Read More plan our day and she always got back to me promptly and we felt that we got great individual attention. If you have a request, they will make it happen! During the reception multiple staff members came up to me and my husband to make sure we had everything we needed or wanted. Also, we chose to add s'mores stations to our package and it was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it. All of our guests keep telling us what a great venue it was and what a great time they had at our reception! I can not say enough good things about the Monte Bello Estate!

Hundreds of Compliments- Zero Complaints!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

SETTING: Unique venue that is exclusive to your party with picturesque views from the gazebo/waterfall/bonfire, to the cocktail lounge/ bridal & groom suites/ ballroom, every view created the perfect setting. FOOD: Each of the many food items offered at the tasting were... Read More absolutely delicious, making our menu a very difficult choice for us but we could make small changes to have the courses better fit with our fall theme. Our 200+ guests raved about how delicious the food was stating how tender the filet was and how much they loved the sauce for the chicken. There were zero complaints about the temperature of the food or the cooking of the meats. Vegetarian guests were served a huge portion of a lasagna dish and our guests with food allergies could enjoy their meals without worry. We chose a design for our cake with a different flavor for each layer and our guests commented on the beauty and how it was the best they’d ever had at a reception. STAFF: After meeting with the staff at Monte Bello and discussing our vision we soon realized just how perfect a fit The Monte Bello Estate was for us. Each staff member was helpful and punctual in answering our questions and allowing requests all other venues had denied. We worked closely with Sarah and Katie, but it was Abbey who was our main contact throughout our planning process. Each of these ladies were professional, and dedicated to ensuring all of our needs were met. They allowed us to visit the venue on multiple occasions to see the renovations going on and discuss the next step in our planning. They put us in contact with several other vendors whom we used for lighting and photography and we could not be happier with their recommendations. The day of the wedding Abbey was available to help set up our final details such as our place cards and table numbers allowing us to relax and enjoy our time taking photos on site. My husband and I got married at The Monte Bello Estate on Friday October 23rd. Unfortunately, ten minutes before our ceremony it began to rain and my dreams of an outdoor ceremony had to be set aside. Luckily the staff at Monte Bello were able to instantly shift gears and have the cocktail lounge flipped over to our ceremony site and we were still able to begin on time! Although it was not what I had always dreamed of, this intimate setting provided the perfect romantic environment that was truly beautiful. Within minutes the ceremony site was again open to our guests to enjoy during the cocktail hour. She had drinks prepared for the bridal party at the head table for our dinner and made sure the introductions for the ceremony ran smoothly. At the end of the night the staff helped us take down and package up many of our decorations, going above and beyond what other venues would have done. Abbey had her staff organized regardless of the situation to ensure the entire day flowed according to our schedule and I could not be more grateful for her effort throughout the entire planning process and event. OVERALL: There is not a doubt in my mind if we had chosen a different venue our wedding day would not have been as flawless as it was. It is rare to find everything you could ever dream of in one location, but at The Monte Bello Estate, our guests raved about everything, and I had a wedding that surpassed my expectations in every aspect! Choose Monte Bello and you will not be disappointed when the day you've always dreamed of is better than you could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Nicole R

From the moment we saw Monte Bello, I knew this was where I wanted our wedding. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Courtney. She's very accommodating and was quick to help/respond when I had a question. Both the outside and inside are absolutely beautiful! The food... Read More is also amazing. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for :) Even with the most expensive package, many things are extra to add on (everything is in the contract, read it carefully). We added on a few cases of champagne and cordials to have a champagne bar at our reception. The only thing that was a bit disappointing at our wedding is that this was not put out for guests the way we had discussed and most of the champagne wasn't used. Other than that, everything was amazing and we had tons of compliments. It was everything we could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Lauren R

When I saw that such a beautiful, magical, and relaxing venue known as The Monte Bello Estate existed in the suburbs of Chicago, I was over the moon excited. I had my wedding at this venue in July and am thrilled that my fiance and I chose this out-of-the-ordinary place as our... Read More wedding venue. We decided to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the estate and our guests seemed to really appreciate the ongoing flow of the day. With our wedding in July, the grounds at the estate looked pristine. Our guests were constantly telling us that they loved our choice of venue. Prior to the day of my wedding, I enjoyed working with Abby and Katie to plan the menu, tent layout, and linens for the day. They provided exceptional insight into what would look amazing and be most pleasing to our wedding guests. My reasons for not giving this amazing venue and staff a 4 out of 5 star review is because when it came time to clean up after the reception, my parents and bridal party were responsible. Plus, my husband and I felt that the basement and bridal room could have been better equipped to make us and our bridal party more comfortable. Thank you to The Monte Bello Estate and its staff for making our wedding day a real fairytale!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

I cannot put into words how amazing the Monte Bello estate and their staff are! I fell in love with this venue instantly and knew I couldn't get married anywhere else. Abbey was a rockstar! She was so great to work with! She answered all my questions and emails promptly and we... Read More had constant contact. She was always so friendly and helpful. The whole staff is so professional. The estate is gorgeous! My guests were so happy and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff, the venue and the food! I wish I could go back and do it all over again because everything went extremely smooth and it truly was the wedding of my dreams! I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants something other than a banquet hall. Your guests will rave about everything especially the food. People can be so picky with food but I did not hear one negative thing. Shoutout to Ali Tucker! Again, my whole wedding day was amazing, I could go on and on about how wonderful everything was! Thank you to everyone at the Monte Bello!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lisa P

I cannot say enough great things about the Monte Bello. We had our ceremony and reception here and everything was perfect. The entire venue inside and outside is stunning. We hardly needed any decor because of how beautiful it was. Abbey, Katie, Sarah, and Courtney were so... Read More great to work with. They answered all of our questions in a timely fashion and were beyond accommodating. The food and cake were both great. All of our guests could not stop talking about how great this place was and what a gem it was. I could not be more thankful to have found this place because they truly helped our vision become reality. I would recommend them to everyone!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kathleen K

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and all the staff!!! The Monte Bello Estate was the ideal venue for our wedding (June 3, 2017). After the wedding, we were hearing for weeks from our guests that it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they had ever been... Read More to. The estate has SO much to offer a bride and groom. There are endless backdrops for gorgeous and unique pictures. Abbey, Katie, & Sara were fantastic. They were so patient and courteous with us. They are truly a good team that knows what they're doing. Your wedding day is in safe hands with them!!! I wish we could relive our day over and over because it was perfect. I don't think any other venue could have given us the special day that we had.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Stephanie S

I cannot say enough amazing things about our wedding at Monte Bello Estate! We were looking for a unique wedding venue and we found it! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and the inside of the house has cool little details. Our wedding guests raved about the beauty of the... Read More venue! All of the decorations turned out exactly how I expected and it looked incredible. They've added some cool chandeliers inside the tent that added something special. Working with Abbey was great and she was very responsive along the way. There were many emails with many many questions, but she always responded to them all and we sorted out every little detail! The food was great and we received many compliments on that as well. They helped set up all of our extra decorations and assisted in packing them all up at the end of the night. We rented the estate to get ready in and loved the gorgeous bridal suite that was perfect for pictures. The guys loved the downstairs game area, which also made for some amazing pictures. The reception was definitely not cheap, but you get what you pay for! We wanted the best of everything which unfortunately cost us more than budgeted. I think you could have a beautiful wedding there for a reasonable amount though. Overall the experience was great and I highly recommend the venue! I wish we could do it all again!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Annie C

Monte Bello is absolutely beautiful. Abbey was our main contact and she was so responsive, friendly and helpful. All of our guests absolutely raved about how gorgeous and cool the venue was. The food and drinks were also really good. We had just under 250 people. The capacity... Read More is 275 but that would have been really tight. There are a few restrictions about set up time and needing to clear out everything the night of that made it a it more stressful/rushed to get set up and taken down. That said, I would definitely choose Monte Bello again in a second. It really built in the beauty and elegance so we could just show up and have fun!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jillian B

The Monte Bello Estate gave me my dream wedding. This place is so beautiful, non traditional, and the staff is AMAZING! If you are looking for an affordable diamond in the rough, the MBE is the place! Abbey and Katie were awesome. Any questions I had throughout the entire... Read More process were answered quickly and cooperatively. The bridal suite is the master bedroom of the house converted into a classic/ vintage style lounge area with a gorgeous bathroom. I had hair and makeup artists come the day of for my bridal party and we had plenty of room to get ready. (I had 9 girls stand up!) We planned on getting married outside, but unfortunately it was raining. We quickly moved the ceremony site into a different room of the house. It was beautiful! I got so many compliments from my guests that I was happy it rained. The food is also outstanding. I have a pretty critical family when it comes to food at weddings, and they loved it. The apps, the main dinner, and even the cake. (Caramel cake with caramel frosting) I do not have one bad thing to say about this place. The basement is converted into a "man cave." My husband and his groomsmen we able to relax, party a little, and get ready in a completely separate space from me, and without the fear of running into each other before the ceremony. The grounds, the house, the outdoor patios, and even the inground pool make this the most unique place for a wedding.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Lexi C

My wedding venue was one of the most important things to me when planning my wedding. I researched every venue possible, finding a handful that were good options. My husband and I went to tour a couple of my venue choices, and as soon as we got to the Monte Bello Estate, we were... Read More sold. The grounds are just beautiful, and the tent was exactly what I was looking for. The estate itself is very well kept as well. When my husband saw the basement, where the groom and groomsmen get ready for the day, he was hooked. He didn't want to look at any other venues, this was it. And that was totally fine by me, because I was in love! Abbey, and the rest of the team at the Monte Bello were a pleasure to work with as well. They are all so sweet and helpful, and will answer any questions you may have. I highly recommend renting the estate for the day. You get more time to relax, get ready, and explore before your wedding begins. I do wish "renting for the day" allowed you to arrive even earlier than it permits, but it still gives you extra time on the day of. The food at the venue is delicious, and it’s so nice that you don't have to bring in your own catering! The cake is definitely the best part of catering. All the flavors were so delicious, it was hard to choose! But seriously, if you are considering the Monte Bello Estate as your wedding venue, just go visit and see for yourself. It is even more incredible in person. I will say, it is pricey, but so worth it. Hands down I would choose the Monte Bello over and over again. From the ceremony arch, to the fire pit by cocktail hour, to the breathtaking tent for the reception, you will not be disappointed, and neither will your guests! I will forever love the Monte Bello Estate.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lindsey C

Finding a venue in the Chicago area that fits a fairytale/mythical/nature themed wedding can be quite difficult, but Monte Bello definitely takes the cake! My husband and I booked the venue before any of the recent renovations were done and we loved it then. Now, after several... Read More major changes, the estate is definitely a place out of one's dreams. Our wedding was on a Sunday in October 2016 and we rented the estate for the day so we did not have to worry about anything. The outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour to our reception in the tent was nothing sort of magical. Abbey and Suzanne were both wonderful in helping us before and during the big day. I highly recommend Monte Bello to any woman who, like me, dreamed of a fairytale wedding in the woods.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Michelle C

Monte Bello was absolutely amazing. We held both our ceremony and reception at the venue, and our wedding was nothing short of magical. We rented the venue for the day and we're able to get ready in the bridal and groom suites. Food is incredible. Our guests were blown away.... Read More Would absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Bridget C

Outstanding in all aspects! The staff at Monte Bello was dedicated to making the day perfect in every aspect - they really do go out of their way to help and to be accommodating. Suzanne and Abbey were EXCELLENT and so patient with us, not only throughout the whole planning... Read More process but also during the wedding. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, and there were many different places to take pictures- both inside and outside. It is such a unique and gorgeous setting to have a wedding, or any event for that matter. We loved the updates that they have done since we first visited the grounds. The pool and patios are beautiful. Lots of guests gathered around the bonfire pit later on in the night too . Many of our guests were commenting on how great the food was, that it was unlike typical wedding food. There were lots of options for us to choose from as well. Overall the staff and the service was amazing. All of this combined made our wedding so much fun and everything went smoothly. And our guests loved the venue as much as we did!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jacqueline J

The Monte Bello Estate is a wonderful venue. Magical is how I describe the grounds. The space and grounds are well maintained by the staff they have. Since this location had many names, and many owners I was happy to see that the latest owners were making very nice... Read More improvements to modernize the space. The bridal suite is a girls dream and very special. I had to deal with 3 people while I was being contracted. Out of the three I had to deal with Suzanne is by far the best! She is responsive, action-oriented and genuine. Sara was definitely hired because daddy owns the location, but she is in no way qualified to run the space. Very flaky, forgetful and needs a lot more guidance on event planning and execution. She wrote our wedding date wrong when we first signed. Lord. Very nice but not qualified. Abbey is very organized, professional and structured. I had to call her out many times on inconsistent contract details, the dance floor placement, lack of a floor plan, no actual wine vendor list, etc. She remained professional but I think she quickly realized that they needed a refresh on their contract. We got into it via email a few times but I think moving forward she will make an effort to know her brides and grooms to make the process a little smoother. Read your contract and get all pricing ahead of time. Suzanne is wonderful. She always made sure we were in lock step on the day, agenda, vendor flexibility, and really wants to make it the day of our dreams! A true gem out of the bunch! I had a wedding planner that did an incredible job planning for me on the day of with the coordinator. Ali. The in-house chef is a doll. Her and I had to speak because my venue coordinator could not communicate properly at the time. Our breakfast for dinner inspired meal was delicious. Our guests raved about the wonderful attention to detail that the chef paid. Only negative I had was some bruised fruit but as a bride and groom it would have been nice to have a plate warmed in the back. The groom suite needs a major overhaul on furniture but the space is fun for a man cave. It does have a mildew smell and I think could be a little brighter. The reception space is beautiful. Obviously a huge concern is tents and water. We had to buy glade plug-ins for the day before and if the wedding since there is definitely mildew or mold inside that rug when we visited nearly each time. They need to level the floor in the entry and if it rains the carpets near the doors are soaked. There is a lot of slant in the space and it is tough for slipping, wheelchairs and elderly Guests. The outdoor patio, and fire pit are lovely. In terms of alcohol, they need to get an actual list of wine they can provide. I was able to get all of what we wanted, but it was a struggle with a list of names and no varietals. Example: The list says Neiman Marcus... what does that mean? Cab, Chardonnay, Rose? The cocktail outdoor space is not lit up so if you plan to have guests outside you need to arrange for lighting and heating if it is cold. Overall, this location is a 5. I only gave a 4 due to the frustrating experience I had with a few of the venue coordinators. There is great flexibility with vendor selection which is awesome!! All of ours were great!! Our day was a dream come true. Our photographers captured such an elegant evening and all of our guests loved the space. It truly is one of a kind. 5 Star on the Venue. Thanks

2016-10-18T17:32:02 Response from the vendor

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your detailed review. Your wedding day was extremely beautiful and for the most part, I am glad to hear that you had such a great experience with us. We try to have all our venue coordinators play a part in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lauren N

The Monte Bello Estates are whimsical, romantic and the perfect place to get married! The staff there are so helpful and always there when you have a question. On the day of my wedding they were eager to make this the best day of my life and they succeeded. Suzanne and Abbey are... Read More so cheerful and knowledgeable. If you choose Monte Bello you will not be sorry!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Jenny D

Great service, staff & beautiful venue. We received so many compliments from the guests. Indoor ceremony space is as pretty as the outdoor space which is necessary for a wedding in this region. Although it is pricier than other venues we considered, it was a worth it.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Emily K

Beautiful venue! Very courteous, prompt, professional staff! Food and natural setting exquisite. There isn't a need for too much decor, because the grounds and venue fairytale-like atmosphere is pretty on its own! My husband and I were very pleased with each time we visited our... Read More venue- for everything from the food tasting to the final walk through. The staff is so welcoming- you feel like family. We would highly recommend the Monte Bello Estate for your wedding. It will be unforgettable in every way!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Annie B

Our wedding was a memorable experience thanks to the help of the Monte Bello staff, they very accommodating of our needs and helped us with every step during the planning process. They even were gracious enough to help us sort out some last minute changes during our wedding... Read More reception. We would highly recommend this venue not only because of its beautiful setting but also because of its caring and dedicated staff.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Dan D

Monte Bello is the most beautiful, magical, wonderful place to get married! Our May 7, 2016 wedding was absolutely perfect and there is not a thing we would have changed. The girls at Monte Bello are so helpful and really guided us through the entire planning process. They made... Read More a potentially stressful time easy and fun for us. They listened to every special request and "crazy idea" we had and they found a way to make it happen. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. We were able to have cocktail hour outside and it was beautiful. The inside of the house is so majestic, our guests really enjoyed exploring and looking at every little detail. The food was delicious and we were able to bring in some of our own alcohol and had "signature drinks" served at the bar. We have received so many compliments and the same question over and over "how did you find this place?" It is truly a hidden gem. They have done so many renovations in the past year, and the hard work has truly paid off. It is a small slice of heaven, and we are so thankful we were able to say "I do" at the Monte Bello. We very highly recommend this venue!!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2016

Attended a Baby Shower recently and will attend an engagement party tonight. Was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful facility, excellent staff and delicious food. Being somewhat handicapped and using a cane, a member of the staff made certain I had whatever beverage I... Read More desired, and was there to offer a refill before I requested it. Will recommend this venue to anyone who might be interested in an elegant location. JSW

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Jennifer H

I got married at the Monte Bello this past weekend and it couldn't have been more perfect. The grounds are stunning, the estate is elegant, staff and coordinators (especially Abbey) are phenomenal, food and especially the cake were delicious. The estate recently completed... Read More renovations that include a gorgeous bridal suite overlooking the forest and an outdoor cocktail area overlooking the prairie. The theme of my wedding was "woodsy romance", and the Monte Bello more than delivered in creating my perfect day. When I lost my bridesmaids before the ceremony (they thought we were entering from a different area), Abbey and the other coordinators calmly handled the situation and got everyone where they needed to be. My guests kept saying that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to and asking how we found this venue. If you're looking for a stunning reception venue with the chance for a romantic outdoor ceremony onsite, definitely visit the Monte Bello.

2016-05-31T16:40:43 Response from the vendor

Jenn and Tejas, Thank you so much for your kind review! We were so happy to have your beautiful ceremony and reception at Monte Bello. We wish you the best of luck in all of your years of marriage to come :) <3 The Monte... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Lisa S

We recently hosted a wedding shower at Monte Bello Estate and it was beautiful! The staff was very accommodating during the planning stage and during the event. Food was delicious as was the cake. The grounds were gorgeous and since we were able to add our own touches to the... Read More house it felt like home when our guests arrived. It was elegant and our guests are still talking about the amazing time they had. Love, love, love Monte Bello Estate! Thank you for making it a day my daughter will never forget.

Everything was so easy!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Jessica K

We had the pleasure of working primarily with Abbey at the Monte Bello Estates for our on-site ceremony and reception. She was amazing and made sure that every detail was taken care of. The physical venue is gorgeous. The new owner has made VAST improvements to the space.... Read More Definitely check them out!

Meet The Events Director

Sara, Abbey, and Katie

Building on its reputation as one of the premier venues in Chicago and its surrounding suburbs, our extraordinary staff will work with you to help achieve your dream wedding or special event. The Monte Bello Staff provides the elements for your dream wedding or event with their amazing service and attention to detail, making your experience unforgettable. We can't wait to meet you!