The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events

Royal Oak, MD

Book Your Wedding with The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events

A BALLROOM IN ROYAL OAK, MD

On the Grounds. Have your wedding ceremony on the grounds of The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events. Brides walk down an aisle of roses to get married under a decorative trellis while guests look out across Oak Creek.

Rooftop Terrace. With an overhead view of the waters below, the bride and groom love having their ceremony in the rooftop terrace. This space is also available for a cocktail hour in between the ceremony and the reception.

Dock. Another option for cocktail hour is to do so on the oversized dock. There are strung lights overhead and plenty of space to mingle before the reception. This spot is also ideal for photographs.

Grand Ballroom. All receptions take place in the Grand Ballroom. Here you'll find 250 of your closest friends and family can gather to dine and dance the night away. There are tall windows with views of the lake, as well as cute chandeliers and romantic lighting.

All wedding packages include the set up and break down of tables and chairs, a shuttle service for guests who stay at a nearby hotel and parking attendants to direct guests to a parking space. The restrooms are kept clean and a restroom attendant sees to any needs that your guests may have. The bride and groom also appreciate the hostess that is provided to greet friends and family members with a smile as they arrive.

When it comes to the meal, couples work directly with the chef to customize a menu. A few hors d'oeuvres you may decide on include scallops wrapped in bacon with a pineapple barbecue sauce, mini Reuben sandwiches and seared tuna wontons with a seaweed salad. Mouth-watering main entrees worth tasting are the pan-seared crab cakes and the grilled flat iron steaks. If you'd like to organize a late-night snack for your guests, you can do that. There's also an open bar that is available for a total of five hours.

In addition to the use of a bridal cottage, couples are provided with a complimentary night's stay on the property. There are 14 unique guest rooms for out-of-town friends and family. Some of the rooms have romantic fireplaces and others feature Jacuzzi tubs. In the morning, all overnight guests are treated to a free breakfast. A few other perks when choosing this space for your wedding include the ability to go swimming, play horseshoes and practice golf skills on the putting green.

• Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance
  • Wireless Internet access

A storybook wedding in an enchanted setting

Chapter One in your life together opens with a wedding for the ages at The Oaks. Superb cuisine, venues for cocktails, dining, dancing and celebrating – all surrounded by the panorama of our private waterfront setting. You and your betrothed, and your memories, will live happily ever after. The setting is magical. And entirely yours. The Oaks and its grounds become a private preserve for you, your wedding party and guests on the evening before, the day of, and the morning after your wedding celebration. The cuisine is superb, prepared to perfection by the former chef/owner of 208 Talbot, long regarded as one of the region's premier fine dining restaurants. Fourteen guest rooms plus a bridal cottage accommodates you and your wedding party in fine style. The Oaks. Picture...perfect!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

25876 Royal Oak Road, Royal Oak, MD (410) 745-5053

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Lynda G

This review is long overdue! Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding at The Oaks in Sept 2016. Thinking back to the weekend still brings smiles to our faces and will for years to come. The Oaks as a venue was perfect offering a mix of everything - the wedding was in the... Read More garden overlooking the water, the cocktail hour was spread across the lawn by the waterfront and under the covered pier and the dinner and reception was in the ballroom. The food, wow, where do we begin. Saying the food was delicious is an understatement. It was full of flavor, plentiful and the presentation was top notch. Our son-in-law has multiple food allergies and the staff was most accommodating. People always said that weddings go so fast so make sure you pause and enjoy. How true.... but what makes The Oaks stand apart from other places is that you stay at the Oaks for the full weekend (we went down with bride and groom and the groom's parents on Thursday to have special time as an immediate family). Having a full weekend at the Oaks allow you to unwind and enjoy the wedding party and family. The Oaks offers a wedding planner/host and what a benefit that was as well, especially given that this was our first wedding to plan. Anthony, the host, was there when we needed him offering us top notch service, and was always readily available behind the scenes. Anthony - you have a gift and should always remain in this profession! We would highly recommend The Oaks for your wedding weekend!

2017-01-15T08:00:31 Response from the vendor

It isn't often we get a review from the Mother of the bride, but when it happens it means so much to us here at The Oaks. This was literally my first wedding and while I appreciate your kind words and it was truly an... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Samantha F

We had a very hard time picking a venue, but when we saw The Oaks we knew it was the one. My husband and I both grew up on the water, and we knew getting married on the waterfront was perfect for us. We also wanted to host a big party and have everything all in one spot. The... Read More Oaks fit all of these requirements. The price tag was steep, but it was worth it to have the wedding coordinator, venue, catering, alcohol, and shuttle all together. (when you add things up individually it works out to be about the same… but you are saving yourself the trouble and work). We just got married July 1st and it was amazing. Let me start with Tracey, the wedding coordinator. She was so patient, kind, and always available to answer questions. Tracey was also very organized and kept things running smoothly the day of. The venue itself is beautiful. We loved of the weather backup plans- there was a thunderstorm rolling through right at the time of our wedding, but we didn’t need to be worried because there was a backup plan for every possible situation (and luckily the storm held off until JUST after our photographs ended). The food was delicious (I thought it was even better than the tasting) and there was plenty of alcohol. I was also impressed with their flexibility of food allergies/needs. My husband and I both have Celiac Disease and cannot eat gluten. They actually made our whole meal gluten free, including the crab cake. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was. The Oaks was the perfect venue for our wedding!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Elle H

My new husband and I moved to the Eastern Shore a few years ago and absolutely fell in love with this new area we call home. When we first got engaged, we decided we wanted our friends and families to see why we decided to start our lives together here. So our venue search... Read More began! The Oaks was the very first venue we went to see and as we continued our search we felt as though other venues on the Eastern Shore just didn't compare. With most of our guests coming from out of town, it was super important to us that we got to spend as much time with them as possible. The Oaks was the PERFECT venue to meet all of our expectations! You get the Inn and the grounds for the entire weekend. This allowed us to stay with our wedding party and families from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning! Our guests staying at The Oaks got to enjoy the pool, yard games, the back patio, and a beautiful view of the water. Sandy, Candy, Tracey, and the rest of the staff at The Oaks will make sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about or take care of for the entire weekend. As soon as we walked through the doors that Friday, they put us completely at ease and made sure all we had to worry about was enjoying our time there. Tracey was great at communicating in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding weekend, answering any questions or requests that we had. Our guests haven't stopped raving about how beautiful the venue was and the food! The food is absolutely DELICIOUS!! From the rehearsal dinner, to the appetizers, and finally the main course.! The Inn also includes a cottage where all the girls can get ready. Some of my favorite memories leading up to the wedding are the moments my girls and I shared while we were getting makeup and hair done in the cottage. It is literally the cutest! And is big enough to accommodate the bridal party, along with any beauty vendors, photographers, videographers, etc. I could go on and on! The Oaks provides you with the perfect mix of an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception that are absolutely stunning. We cannot thank The Oaks and their staff enough for giving us the most incredible weekend of our lives and the perfect setting to start our marriage with our closest friends and families by our side!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017

We just left a weekend wedding in which the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception were held at The Oaks. The venue absolutely deserves a five star rating in every possible way, both inside and out. The wait staff (servers, etc.) were incredibly friendly and helpful as well.... Read More From there I can't speak poorly enough of the female in charge- Tracy. I don't know if she owns the facility, manages it or is in charge of their events but I've never encountered a more non-welcoming, cheap, brusque, ill mannered, foul attituded and lacking in basic social niceties woman. Our entire family (and there were over fifty immediate family members) was beyond appalled as we exchanged our individual encounters having to do Tracy. The most pointedly unforgivable act was committed last night after the bride and groom left to the glow of many sparklers. Our 93 year old Grandmother (the Grandmother of the groom) was standing outside with the aid of her cane and when she asked if she could re-enter the facility to momentarily sit down Tracy told her that she couldn't re-enter until all smoke (from the sparklers- honestly NOT a lot of smoke) cleared. No chair or other form seating was offered. Under no circumstances was that an acceptable sequence of events. If you are considering this location for an event and are not given an alternative option to Tracy's involvement in your event I would highly recommend taking your business elsewhere.

2017-09-05T10:06:43 Response from the vendor

As the General Manager of The Oaks for the past 5 years I have had the honor of assisting hundreds brides and grooms with their dream wedding and this one was no exception. As a team we do everything we possibly can to provide the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Mary H

It is hard to put to words how perfect of a venue the Oaks was for our wedding AND rehearsal dinner! The grounds, ballroom, and the Inn speak for itself; we were able to incorporate nautical, rustic, vintage, and very classic elements in all of our decor without anything seeming... Read More out of place! The staff at the Oaks are truly the best and we are so grateful for their courtesy, attention to detail, and shared excitement for our day! They made our wedding and rehearsal dinner so spectacular. They are so experienced and are familiar with all of the local vendors which helped everything run seamlessly. Our DJ, Jason Walsh, was new to the venue but they worked with him (and vice versa) as if they had done hundreds of weddings together. What I don't see mentioned in many reviews are the rehearsal dinners hosted at the Oaks. The staff worked with us to create a custom Italian menu and it was nothing short of spectacular!! Not only was it delicious, but it was a beautiful presentation and well kept throughout the event, which doesn't always happen with buffets! I couldn't recommend the Oaks more for both the rehearsal and dinner and weddings. The Oaks and the staff will always have such a special place in our hearts. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Kaitlin K

I cannot even express how absolutely AMAZING the Oaks is, and I truly tell everyone I meet how magical this place really is. When I first arrived at the Oaks to view the venue, this was the first venue I went to visit with my fiancé. I was planning on going to a lot of other... Read More venues before deciding. However, when I arrived at the Oaks, my mind was set. This was the venue I HAD to get married. It was everything that I dreamed of my whole entire life. They made the planning process so easy, and all the staff were a joy to work with. The weekend of the wedding was the best part. I still wish I could go back to the weekend of our wedding, and my husband and I are planning on staying at the Oaks for every Anniversary because it really is the most remarkable place. The Friday before the wedding, we arrived and the staff was wonderful with having me show them where I wanted to put the decorations. They had such great suggestion that made my wedding beautiful. The wedding coordinator was wonderful as well. She completely made the rehearsal so organized which made me not stress about the wedding day. The day of the wedding was incredible. All my guest still to this day says that it was the best wedding they have ever been too. They raved about how the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding. Every time I still talk to a friend or family member about the wedding they still tell me how amazing it was. If you want a fairy tale, absolutely beyond perfect wedding, then the Oaks is your place. I really can’t speak highly enough about how wonderful everything turned out at my wedding and it was all because of the Oaks. They earned 100/100 from us!!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Natalie S

WE LOVE THE OAKS! We had the most amazing wedding weekend and we cannot thank The Oaks enough (Anthony you are AMAZING!!)! I work in hotels and wanted something more intimate and personal -- The Oaks gave us just what we were looking for. We were able to use the entire venue... Read More for the weekend, giving our family and friends a place to relax and spend time with one another. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about the experience. On top of being the most perfect setting and location, the staff is truly one of a kind. They take care of you from start to finish (no matter what time you email with questions!). I felt completely taken care of and 100% relaxed on my wedding day. All details were handled and I did not have to worry about anything. I could not have dreamed of a better wedding or a more perfect experience.

2016-11-16T09:17:09 Response from the vendor

Dear Natalie and Chris, The staff here at The Oaks, and me specifically want to say what an honor it was to be a part of your special day. Your kind words touch our heart and give us the encouragement to continue to provide excellent... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Christen S

Having our wedding weekend at The Oaks was absolutely perfect!! I honestly cannot even begin to say enough wonderful things about the staff, setting and how much our family and guests loved every moment. Candi, Anthony, and Sandy went above and beyond to make sure we were taken... Read More care of. And I have to mention Anthony again because he was just fabulous on every level. He answered every one of my many emails immediately and answered every question I had thoroughly. I had zero worries when arriving on Friday and he made every vision I had that we talked about come to life. My entire family and all our friends staying with us loved him as well. He checked on us at the cottage many times on Saturday to make sure all was going well and if we needed anything at all. His expertise and professionalism were more than I could ever have hoped for on the best day of my life!!! I could honestly go on and on but trust me, if you plan your day here, you will be SO HAPPY!! And this goes for all the staff as well. We were always taken care of and had many people come up to us all weekend asking if we needed anything. The special touches such as leaving food for us in the cottage after the wedding was over was much appreciated. And the food was out of this world!!! We had more than half our guests raving about the apps and dinner! We had the best weather for our ceremony on the dock and I just cannot wait to get or pictures back and share. Another wonderful part of having your wedding here is that you get to stay the whole weekend and invite your family and friends to be with you since they have a 14 room inn. It was so nice to be able to plan a weekend getaway for everyone as well. Me and my now husband Andrew would recommend The Oaks a million times over and over again. You will not be disappointed and only have the BEST memories to look back on!!!!

2016-10-26T09:31:15 Response from the vendor

Dear Christen and Andrew, First, thank you for the glowing review of our property, service, staff, and food. We pride ourselves on making your special day as PERFECT as possible. Your kind words about myself are truly heartwarming, but it is our whole team that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Alex L

From the very first time we walked through the front door, we were completely enamored with The Oaks and all of the staff. My new husband, family, and I cannot say enough wonderful things not only about our wedding weekend, but also about planning our weekend a year and a half... Read More with Heather, Sandy, and Candi. The venue: An absolute fairy tale. Excited about the idea of a wedding day with everyone you love, but hate that it’s only for one night? Part of the reason why getting married at The Oaks (on a Saturday) is so ideal is that you get the entire inn to yourself, your family, and whoever you want there with you for the weekend. For us, this was everything—our families and entire bridal party all stayed at The Oaks with us, which made the weekend even more special. Not to mention the fact that the one-of-a-kind property is on the water with a beautiful garden, two barns, and a covered dock. The setting could not have been more perfect! The FOOD: We still have people contacting us to tell us how incredible the food was— “best wedding dinner we’ve ever had.” And, since the staff made sure my husband and I sat down to eat (like actually came outside to grab us), we completely agree. They even made sure to put some extra food and two slices of wedding cake in the cottage for us when we returned from our after party. Simply amazing. The people: Part of the reason why we had such a great time planning our wedding was due to the people who helped us. Sandy and Candi played integral roles throughout the months of planning, while Heather was our extraordinary day-of (and many days before) coordinator. The entire process was extremely organized and we always knew what we had to do. The timeline ran perfectly and anything we needed help with was taken care of. We knew we had nothing to worry about from the moment we checked in and had so much fun the entire weekend with everyone at The Oaks—they were kind, helpful, and fully invested in giving us the wedding of our dreams.

2016-10-06T13:35:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We love when our brides and grooms have the wedding of their dreams and to know we played a role in it. We appreciate you sharing your day with The Knot readers too. Wishing you both a lifetime of joy and happiness.

winter wedding on the water

Reviewed on 1/05/2016

We had a New Year wedding during the busy holidays and it was absolutely fantastic! The weather was exceptional for the time of year and the view and pictures on the water were gorgeous. The food and service were outstanding and the owner and her wedding planning staff were... Read More very flexible and helpful to us throughout the process. The rooms at the inn were perfect for our wedding party and out of town immediate family. The bridal cottage was the staging area for the bride and bridesmaids on the morning of the wedding with hair and makeup prep. We could not have been more pleased with our overall experience and would highly recommend The Oaks to others seeking waterside venues.

2016-10-06T13:37:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your successful wedding story with other readers. When you book at The Oaks, we have one goal for the entire weekend and that is to make sure your day goes flawlessly! Glad we succeeded and we wish you all the best.

Highly recommend The Oaks!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Caitlin L

We had a wonderful experience working with The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events! What a beautiful wedding venue, we received so many compliments. We enjoyed working with Vicki, Sandy, and everyone else at The Oaks and everyone was very helpful with all of our questions leading up... Read More to our wedding. We really enjoyed the entire tasting experience - the two of us and my parents went to the tasting and we liked everything we tried. The Oaks gave us a complimentary (although I'm sure we ended up paying for it at some point) night's stay the night before the tasting, which was really nice. While we had a great experience with The Oaks, we were a little upset when we discovered our wedding coordinator was no longer with The Oaks (we were never told by The Oaks, we found out from someone else in town a few weeks before the wedding). That said, we understand it was an unusual situation and Vicki became our new wedding coordinator and picked up right where we left off. She was wonderful to work with! She was so helpful on our wedding day and made sure we were in the right place at the right time at all times. The food was absolutely incredible. We were told by several guests that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding! Another plus, The Oaks had two plates of hors d'oeuvres and desserts waiting for us when we went back to The Cottage at the end of the night - so thoughtful! The Cottage was lovely, it was so nice to have a big place for all of the girls to get ready in. We highly recommend The Oaks as both a wedding venue and for a weekend get away!!

Wedding of my dreams, plus more...

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Dana A

When I began looking at venues, I always loved the Oaks, however I thought it was never going to be in my price range. My husband (then fiancee) and I were looking at numerous venues on the water around the Baltimore area, however nothing seemed to be "the one". When I emailed... Read More the Oaks regarding information, they were quick to respond and give me price ranges and package information. We realized that is was very comparable to many venues on the water. From the first moment I stepped onto the location, I knew it was the one. The staff, especially Tracey, Vicki, and Candy were always quick to respond to any questions. I was planning my wedding from a far, and due to their help I was never stressed. The venue is gorgeous! It not only is on a body of water, it is residential which makes it nice and welcoming. We loved that not only were we going to have a wedding, but a wedding weekend! Our family and friends made a mini vacation out of it. Our wedding was truly beyond our wildest dreams. Everything ran smoothly and perfect. From the beautiful ceremony on the point, to cocktail hour outside with delicious apps (our guest still are raving about the mini ruebens and bacon wrapped scallops), to the premium open bar with friendly bartenders and quick service, to our dinner with tender steak and succulent crabcakes with a delicious desert bar and to top the night off I surprised my groom with Fireworks! When we got back to the cottage on our wedding, Vicki and the staff wrapped up pieces of our wedding cake and our favorite deserts! I can not thank the oaks enough for accommodating us and giving us the wedding of our dreams. Everyone who came to the wedding had a wonderful time, and keep talking about it to this day. Our guests still say we had "the best wedding ever". I can not say enough positive things about The Oaks and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a truly once in a lifetime wedding. Do not hesitate to contact Tracey, Vicki, or Candy to start you wedding planning! You will not regret it, trust me!

Simply amazing

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Our wedding day was simply amazing and that was due in large part to The Oaks Waterfront Inn. From the moment we first visited the venue, I knew it was the one for us. The grounds are beautiful and impeccably kept. Our guests that weekend were able to enjoy activities, like bike... Read More riding, canoeing, the pool or just relaxing in the Adirondack chairs. The bridal cottage was perfect, and being able to stay at the venue the night before and get ready, leisurely and comfortably, with my bridesmaids and family offered so much comfort; I was so relaxed on my wedding day (and I am not a relaxed person by nature at all!) We also held our rehearsal dinner there, which just made the whole place seem like home the whole weekend! The staff was so helpful in putting us in contact with great vendors and for making sure the whole weekend went off without a hitch. And the food was really, really, really good! I really would not change a thing about about our wedding, and the venue was a huge part of that - it was exactly as I most perfectly imagined our wedding....x10.

Tracey and the Oaks are FANTASTIC

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Michelle M

When my fiancee and I decided that we wanted to get married in St. Michael's, we spent a lot of time researching venues. When we toured the Oaks, we knew it was exactly where we wanted to get married. I recognize that most brides will say that everything about their day was... Read More perfect, but truthfully, Tracey and her team made sure that everything was perfect. Tracey's attention to detail made the planning process much easier than it should have been, and everything at the oaks is taken care of for you, you just customize your day to how you like. The menu options are great, and I love that you are able to have the entire venue for you and your guests for the weekend. We opted to do our rehearsal dinner there as well, and it was absolutely perfect on the dock. On the wedding day, everything was set up and moving according to plan, and I did not have to worry about a thing. Tracey had everything ready to go, and I was able to walk down the aisle not having any stresses. They work with you to accommodate shuttles to nearby hotels in the area to make sure your guests arrive safely and on time, and make great recommendations to other local vendors in the area. Some other things that I really liked about their level of service were that they give you a free night's stay when you come for your tasting, as it is likely you are coming from out of town. This enables you to meet with other vendors on one trip without having to do it in one day. Additionally, the food in fantastic. I had several people come up to us weeks after the wedding and tell us that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Also, because we missed cocktail hour due to photos, Tracey had a tray of all our appetizers waiting for us so we could enjoy the food with each other. The little details throughout the night really went a long way. The reception was effortless and went by way too fast, but it was such a magical night. I highly recommend The Oaks to any bride who wants to *actually* have the day of her dreams! **Note: though it was not an issue, something to keep in mind is that you do have to get additional sound folks to mic up your officiant and musicians.**

Memorable Location

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

The Oaks was the perfect location for our wedding day- the waterfront was a spectacular backdrop to the service and reception. We even utilized the covered dock area for a pre- service reception which really made the event special for our guests. All the food was delicious,... Read More the staff provided excellent service from planning to execution. Everyone was so helpful and made sure every detail was thought through and taken care of. Our guest tell us this was the best wedding they have attended. Thank you to Candi and Paul for helping to make our day very special. I highly recommend The Oaks in St Michael's!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Paige O

My husband and I had the most beautiful wedding at the Oaks this past May. Everything went off without a hitch! Let's begin with the planning of our event. Tracey worked with us through the entire project, answering any questions we had and working closely with both of our... Read More families. She was very clear about what could be done and worked with us to get all the details we wanted included and highlighted exactly the way we wanted. I couldn't ask for a more professional and knowledgeable event coordinator. She handled our wedding flawlessly. We were able to enjoy our wedding because we knew Tracey had everything under control. Next, the venue. We still have family and friends telling us how amazing The Oaks was for our wedding. The combination of the inn, the waterfront views, and the awesome grounds made for a one-of-a-kind location. Every part of the grounds was extremely well maintained and we were able to set up all the different decorations we wanted to make it our own for the whole weekend. We used The Oaks for both our rehearsal dinner and the ceremony, so we can to enjoy having dinner and a party on the dock, while using the point and ballroom for our ceremony and reception. Each had its own piece of charm to make the weekend unforgettable. The staff was friendly and helpful, the food (made by the owner and chef) was delicious and exactly what we expected from our tasting. The food was definitely better than a lot of weddings to which we've been. I took advantage of the bridal cottage to get ready with all my bridesmaids while my husband had a room with his groomsmen to get ready. There was no need to worry about travelling or being late for our own wedding! All in all, The Oaks made our wedding perfect from start to finish.

Great Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Lori F

I worked with the Oaks and Tracey for over a year to plan our wedding. Tracey was great with answering all of my questions throughout that time frame, meeting with us for food tastings etc and making sure the wedding went smoothly. We stayed at the venue all weekend with our... Read More parents/bridal party. We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Oaks. Tracey really allows you to not worry about anything during the wedding. She took care of every detail and made sure the timing and day ran smoothly.

Mother of the Groom

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

From the moment we toured the property until the last sparkler exit, we were treated like VIPs. Our guests couldn't believe that we found this hidden jewel. The property is absolutely beautiful, the food is gourmet not at all like traditional banquet fare, and the personal... Read More attention from the staff is unbelievable. It was truly an affair to remember!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Jenna D

The Oaks is an amazing place to host your special day. The grounds and venue are gorgeous, the food is AMAZING, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. During the planning process Tracey was amazing to work with, answering every question in a prompt manner. Wedding weekend... Read More was amazing from beginning to end. They hosted our rehearsal dinner and were very welcoming to all of our guests and wedding day went off without a hitch. Tracey is very good at keeping things on track and making sure you don’t have to worry about a thing. Many of our guests commented that this was the best wedding food that they had ever tasted and I would have to agree (I am still craving the lobster mashed potatoes!!) I would highly recommend the oaks!

A Magical Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Sherry L

From the planing stages to packing up for home, our experience from The Oaks Waterfront Inn for our son's wedding was pure perfection! Having the Rehearsal Dinner, the Wedding, and the Reception at one venue with shuttles to and from hotels made it so easy for our guests. The... Read More food was exquisite--it would be difficult to say what our favorites were because everything was delicious! The venue itself was beautiful--we loved being by the water, our rooms were comfy, and the service was great. Tracey George took care of every little detail to make this wedding an experience we will never forget! Our favorite event(besides the actual wedding) was the Fireworks Display during the Reception!! This took our wedding experience to a new level! We want to thank everyone at The Oaks Waterfront Inn for making our son and now daughter-in-law's wedding MAGICAL!

Amazing venue for a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Amy W

Back in October, when we first walked into The Oaks, I knew it was the place we would get married. The place is beautiful, the grounds are immaculate, and the service is wonderful. We always felt as though we were being treated as the only wedding they were planning. Tracey is... Read More a top notch professional and the most amazing wedding planner I could have asked for. She always made me feel special and did not mind answering my 1,000,000 questions as our big day was getting closer! There are a lot of extra special additives available at The Oaks, and one that we chose was to arrive to cocktail hour by boat. This was a huge surprise to everyone in attendance and everyone was shocked and loved it! It made for such a beautiful entrance! The food at The Oaks is incredible. The chef (who is also the owner) is simply amazing. He and his staff created the most delicious hors d'oeuvrs and dinner my husband and I have ever had in our entire lives. They were served and plated so beautifully and we are still receiving many compliments on the food served at our wedding! We all know, if there is one thing most people remember about a wedding, it is how great (or not) the food was. My husband and I feel the best part of the entire wedding was having the entire Inn for the whole weekend to ourselves. We arrived Friday early afternoon and left Sunday late morning. I stayed in the bridal cottage both nights, while my husband stayed in the Inn Friday night and in the cottage with me (obviously) Saturday night. I am not from the area, so we had a lot of family and friends traveling into town and it was so great to have a place where everyone could meet and hang. Even after the wedding on Saturday, many of our out of town guests stayed on the grounds and hung out by the lake enjoying each others' company and having a night cap! It was such a relief knowing we were able to provide this for everyone. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride. It was a magical weekend spent at The Oaks and the only thing I would change is to have time slow down! We both blinked and it was all over!

Spectacular Celebration!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2014

Few things in life are perfect, but our daughter's Wedding Reception at The Oaks was an absolutely perfect celebration! Thanks to an extraordinary wedding planner, Tracey George, and her incredible staff, the day was spectacular from beginning to end! The Inn is beautiful and a... Read More wonderfully relaxing place for the wedding party to stay. The chef at The Oaks is a genius and our guests kept remarking how it was the most delicious food they had ever had at a wedding! The reception room has a gorgeous view of the water and the dock was illuminated with lanterns and little white lights - so incredibly beautiful! The grand finale of the night was an amazing fireworks display that was just so exciting. The bride and groom and family and friends were all absolutely overjoyed by this perfect and unforgettable celebration! We will treasure the memory of this extraordinary day forever!

Van De Steeg Wedding (5.24.14)

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Amber C

From the moment I walked into The Oaks, I knew it was where I wanted my big day to take place. We were greeted with hot apple cider and warm brownies and given a fabulous tour. The scenery is breathtaking and you just feel at home while your there. My husband is from Minnesota... Read More and we wanted our wedding somewhere that our out of town guests can be close and feel comfortable. St. Michaels and The Oaks made this possible. To have the entire grounds for the whole weekend was more than a bride could ask for and it was more resonably priced than other venues we were looking at to have for 5-6 hours. From the moment I arrived Thursday until we left Sunday, I got to make The Oaks my home. Both family and friends were able to stay, they have a pool, canoes, we set up corn hole. There was so much to do to keep everyone happy and occupied. Our rehersal dinner on the boatdock was the kickoff to a fairytale weekend. The food is OUTSTANDING and the staff was wonderful. I could not of asked for a smoother wedding day either. The weather was perfect, everyone was so relaxed, the ballroom is just spectacular, and if you have the option, get the FIREWORKS! They are totally worth it...about a 15-20 minute phenomenal show for your guests. The ballroom is so beautiful and elegant also. It was truly a dream come true for me and our guests were more than pleased. Everything is laid back but super elegant. And if you want your family and friends close by, you have that option. St. Michaels is so close with plenty of hotel/B & B options with so much to do for your guests as well. I would have my wedding at The Oaks every weekend if I could and we will be back to celebrate our anniversaries for years to come! Also- Tracey, the wedding coordinator, is fabulous. She kept in touch with me for 2 LONG years while I planned my big day. She always answered any question I had and lead me in the right direction through it all. She is a great asset to The Oaks!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Jeanine T

My (now) husband and I had been looking for places for a few months before we headed to the Eastern Shore to continue our search for the perfect wedding venue. Immediately when we got into Easton/St. Michaels, we knew we loved the area but now needed to find the place. The... Read More Oaks was on our list and once we arrived, we instantly fell in love with everything it had to offer. We knew this was where we wanted to get married. Throughout the planning process, we worked closely with Tracey George (GM) and team. Everyone was extremely polite, thoughtful, professional, and truly a pleasure to work with. I feel like my husband and I had a million questions and felt silly asking some of them, but the manner in which they were answered made us extremely comfortable and validated our decision to have our wedding at The Oaks. Being as busy as I imagine Tracey and team are, they were never to busy to help and support my husband and I. In fact a couple weeks before the wedding our family decided to invite 24 additional guests, which was after we had finalized the plans. As I panicked and called Tracey for guidance and help (without batting an eye) she responded with "no worries, we will make it happen". This was just one instance of how accommodating Tracey and The Inn were. I really don't think everything would have gone as smooth without her support. For the setting, my husband and I wanted our guests to enjoy the atmosphere and be able to explore the area with ease. The Oaks gave us tips and helpful hints on what to tell our guests and where to have them go as well as a preferred list of vendors to make the planning as easy as possible. We encouraged our guests to stay for the entire weekend which most did. We did the crab feast for our rehearsal dinner which was a huge hit and probably the best crabs we've had. Which brings me to reviewing the dinner for the wedding night. We went with the cake and steak and it was delicious!!! We had comments on how great the food was and we couldn't have agreed more. As a bonus, we ended up doing the fireworks...and it was actually on a rainy night!! Tracey worked her magic though...for a short time while the rain broke, she made it happen!! The guests were in a pleasant disbelief while watching the show and for the entire event. Several guests mentioned they would love to go back to The Oaks for a weekend of fun as will my husband and I. If I could give more stars I would and I HIGHLY recommend The Oaks for your wedding venue!!! You will not be disappointed at all!!

Wedding at the Oaks

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

As a guest of the Tyler wedding I enjoyed the venue it was beautiful, being right on the water was perfect. The appetizers and food were wonderful. I was greeted at the entrance with staff that was smiling and offered refreshments before the wedding began. All the staff was kind... Read More and helpful through out the evening. Thanks for the great time and your services.