The Old Field Club

Setauket, NY

Book Your Wedding with The Old Field Club

A BEACH IN SETAUKET, NY

The Old Field Club in Setauket, New York, is a classic and old-fashioned beach club right off the coast of a lagoon. The location of The Old Field Club is about 60 miles east of Manhattan, making it a mini destination for people who live in the tristate area. Plenty of airports in New York make it easy for out-of-town guests to find flights at any time and The Old Field Club recommends lodging at Holiday Inn or the Marriott Courtyard nearby. Have your wedding ceremony in a lush outdoor setting with tall wild grass, trees, wildlife and a blue body of water behind you. After the ceremony, The Old Field Club offers two banquet rooms to fit parties of all sizes.

The Ballroom accommodates up to 180 people and provides a spectacular view of the ocean. It incorporates a 25-foot bar for cocktail receptions and a large dance floor for when the guests get loosened up. The design motif is simple elegance with brass chandeliers, a wood ceiling and a working fireplace. The room also includes large French doors that lead to the expansive deck.

The Lagoon Room is the space at The Old Field Club for smaller, more intimate receptions. It includes floor-to-ceiling windows for a view of the lagoon that slide out for a screened patio and open-air terrace.

The Old Field Club takes the utmost pride in providing the best possible service for weddings, so it only hosts one couple at a time. Because of only booking one wedding at a time, start times are often flexible. Couples must book at least 120 guests for weddings on Saturdays, while Friday and Sunday weddings have no minimum.

The couple receives the services of a wedding planner who helps to coordinate the event and bring anything their imaginations hold into reality. The planner also matches the couple with preferred vendors including florists, officiants, entertainment, photographers and limousine drivers. The bride gets the use of a private suite for preparing for the ceremony and the reception. The wedding package includes custom linens, napkins, place cards and maps with directions for invitations.

During the wedding reception, the couple gets the services of a personal maître d' who greets arriving guests. While the couple takes photos, guests enjoy a cocktail hour in the Lagoon Room that includes passed hors d'oeuvres. Bar service is open and The Old Field Club provides top-shelf liquors, beers and wines. After working with the wedding planner to create a menu for the wedding, wait staff serves the meal in a prix fixe fashion.

In addition to the personal level of service the staff at The Old Field Club offers, couples have the opportunity to take wedding photos in front of several scenic backdrops on the facility and in surrounding areas.

• Old Field House historic building
  • Old Field House private beach
  • Historic Stony Brook Grist Mill and duck pond
  • Stony Brook Village Green
  • Frank Melville Memorial Park

"Private" one-event at a time...

Rustic, Elegant, “Barn Style” venue. Stunning photo opportunities on our beautiful waterfront property. Personalized attention from our caring and supportive team; to customize your special day! Great food, too!

Waterfront

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

86 West Meadow Rd, Setauket, NY (631) 751-0571

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Jennifer P

I can't possibly say enough about how wonderful this place was. The staff is friendly, helpful and they really went out of their way to make our day everything we wanted and even more. Special thanks to Sabine and especially Rob for all their expert help and for going above and... Read More beyond. The location and facility is beautiful, and the food and drinks were amazing! All of my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Thanks!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Natalie S

The OFC was the first venue I checked out in the beginning of wedding planning. They were easy going and not pushy. They did not try to sell me or convince me. They were very forward with the cost and what was included. I never questioned what I would get or not get. I emailed... Read More back and forth throughout the to BM Sabine with all of my questions and she was thorough and answered them all. I felt that they were very accommodating even when my bride brain was going crazy. At one point new rules were rolled out and I was worried how it might affect our day but it made no difference. Also, during the past year the club underwent lots of updates and renovations. Each things tasteful and fitting with the decor of the club. The tasting was complimentary including beer and wine and awesome. It was then that i could really begin to visualize my wedding. I was surprised that they didn’t do a payment plan. Basically, you pay your initial deposit and then pay the entire balance a few short weeks before the wedding. They didn’t even ask me for the money… so the day of my menu choices I brought most of it because I was very nervous about all of that. Everything I requested was accepted, approved and executed perfectly. You can’t beat that! On our drop off day (Wednesday) I spent quite a while with my Maitre’ D Rob. We went over each little decor detail and he agreed to set everything up. He reassured me again and again that it would be perfect. Because there was not an event on the Thursday , they allowed me to set up my decorations exactly how I wanted them! ::Happy Bride!:: He helped unload my car and just was incredible that day. The wedding day was even better. My groom and I were feeling hot and overwhelmed after our first look photoshoot. We arrived independently from everyone else. Rob immediately took over, brought us drinks, platters of food and just wonderful service. He kept us on time. He single handedly managed the entire affair. He was always near. He served as Maitre’ D but also bridal attendant. OFC is a beautiful venue. Perfect for the laid back couple. It was exactly what I wanted and turned out more beautiful than I expected. My guests raved about the food and the Included cake from Audrey’s Fine Baked Goods. There was little to no wait at the bar and the drinks were flowing all night. OFC also had our favorite beer GSB Blonde Ambition on Tap as requested. They went the extra mile and it showed.

Fantastic Wedding at The Old Field Club

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

We were married at The Old Field Club a few weeks ago and the entire event ran flawlessly. Our wedding was without a doubt, the BEST I have ever attended. And after reading/listening to some of MANY messages we received in the days that followed, it was clear that our sentiment... Read More was shared by our guests. The ambiance, food, and overall setting was superb. The event was scheduled and executed to perfection. This was LARGELY due to the tireless efforts of our Maître D' Ben Woznicki. Ben was incredible and I cannot say enough to compliment his efforts. Whatever we needed, Ben took care of before we could even ask. If you are on the fence as to which venue you should choose, simply meet with him and you will quickly understand the high level of service I am referring to. I should also point out that the entire Old Field Club staff was as accommodating as one could ever ask. A special thanks to Sabine Hoskins as well. Like Ben, Sabine was there throughout this entire process. Overall, The Old Field Club was the perfect venue for us and we are so pleased with our decision.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Brittany B

I can’t begin to even describe how much I loved and still love my wedding venue. It is the most perfectly beautiful venue that no one really knows about, a real hidden gem. To start off the venue is stunningly gorgeous. You don’t need to add many decorations to it, since the... Read More place is gorgeous and classy as is. I had a perfect experience from the first meeting. I never felt pushed to add things to the wedding nor did I ever feel pressured by the people who worked at the venue. Everything was, for lack of better words, easy. The venue was even more beautiful than I expected during the fall for my wedding, the food was outstanding and the staff was unparalleled. It didn’t feel like a typical wedding, it felt relaxed and cozy. It was perfect. Now let’s talk about Rob. This man is truly an angel on earth. From our very first meeting, he made me feel relaxed. I trusted him and I am so thankful I had him. He made an extremely overwhelming day not so overwhelming. He knew what I needed before I knew what I even wanted. He was the voice of calm before I walked down the aisle and my problem solving ninja during the reception. Everything was “no big deal and being taken care of” and that is exactly what you want to hear on your wedding. I literally could cry thinking of the love and devotion this man has for his career and his brides/grooms. I will forever be grateful that I had the opportunity to meet him and have him at the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Caitlin B

I could never have imagined that my wedding day could've gone any better than it did. I owe the most sincere thank you to Rob and the whole team at the Old Field Club for creating the most flawless wedding I've ever been to - and I'm so lucky it was my own this time! Not only is... Read More the venue stunning in every way - but the people there really strive to make sure your day is every bit as special as you've hoped it would be. All of our guests are still raving about the food, the service, the view and overall ambiance. It was truly a day that so many of us will never forget and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Caitlin & Ryan

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Keri L

Everything was perfect! My guests have been calling my mom telling her that they were amazed by the views, food, and service. I am so happy that we had our wedding here :)

Reviewed on 9/18/2017

We had a great experience with The Old Field Club. Everyone was very enthusiastic about creating a multicultural wedding (special thanks to Deborah E and Rob K).

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Samantha S

The Old Field Club was the only venue my husband and I went to see because once we stepped inside, we knew we didn't need to waste our time looking anywhere else. I cannot possibly say enough good things about this venue. People still rave about the food at our wedding, and how... Read More efficient the bartenders were. Rob was so incredibly helpful through the entire planning process, and especially during our reception. Between decorations for ceremony and wedding, to making sure my husband and I made it off the dance floor to enjoy any of the other things that we had paid for (smores, dinner), he really made sure they Jeff and I had the greatest night. Our wedding was the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend, and it was the most perfect way to kick off the summer. Our photos from the venue are beautiful, and there were so many different settings for our guests to enjoy during the reception (sitting on the back patio, roasting marshmallows at the smores bar, dance floor, cornhole on the back lawn). I am biased, but everyone should be able to truly enjoy their wedding the way Jeff and I did, and if that's what you want from your big day, you need not look at any venue other than The Old Field Club.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Kristin E

Old Field Club went beyond every expectation that we possible could have ever imagined! Everything from photos at the venue's cabanas before the cocktail hour, to food, and service was spectacular. Every guest commented on how friendly the staff was and how stunning the venue is... Read More both inside and out. If you are looking for a hidden gem on L.I to get married at I highly suggest The Old Filed Club!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Donna R

We recently had our wedding ceremony & reception at The Old Field Club and it honestly couldn't have been more magnificent. It's truly a hidden gem. Deb helped us book our wedding and she was a sweetheart. Our Maitre'd, Rob, was an absolute pleasure to work with, as well. He... Read More arranged our decorations perfectly and took great care of us on our special day. Everything was a breeze. I can't thank them enough for helping us achieve our dream wedding! Such an incredible place!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Cara B

The Old Field Club is a stunningly beautiful venue. My husband and I knew as soon as we saw it that it was the place for us. We wanted a warm, romantic, rustic wedding, and it is perfect for that. And the wedding day really went off without a hitch. I didn't have to organize... Read More or manage anything on the day of the wedding, and the maitre d' was very solicitous. He even made plates of food for us to take home because we weren't able to eat much at the wedding. The food was delicious. All that said, though, I have to add that the Old Field Club wasn't exactly easy to work with leading up to the wedding. It was worth the trouble in the end, but be warned. Multiple times, I received the same request from two different people at the venue. Multiple times, I had to say the same thing twice before anyone remembered. Trying to schedule a tasting was a hassle; I had to call the venue several times, and finally I was told that I couldn't schedule more than two weeks ahead of time, which was problematic because I live out of state and needed to plan trips in advance. Moreover, when we booked our wedding, the venue told us they offered tastings every few months of their entire menu, but by the time I reached out to schedule our tasting, they had stopped doing this and were now offering tastings of just a few things at a time. There was no effort to warn us about the change in policy, and there was no apology. The spelling in emails from the venue is atrocious, which bothers me because it's just not professional. Finally, they were not willing to decorate as much as I wanted for the wedding and told me outright that they would not put up the canopy for the chuppah. As a result, my florist ended up doing most of the decorating, and in the end everything looked beautiful, but she really went out of her way to do the amount of set up that she did, and I'm not sure what I would have done without her. (Elegant Designs by Joy - definitely check her out.)

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Loren H

WOW!!! They delivered the wedding of my dreams. Rob helped to make my day run smoothly and was there every step of the way. It rained on my wedding day, and we ended up having to move my ceremony inside last minute. Truthfully, it turned out just as, if not more, beautiful then... Read More what I had been picturing for a year and a half. The ceremony and reception space were transformed in to the most gorgeous spaces I've ever seen. He put my nerves at rest (right down to doing breathing exercises with me before I walked down the aisle!) Our guests loved the food and the service. Everyone was easy to work with and very accommodating. We 100% recommend having your wedding at The Old Field Club.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Emily H

The OFC is a gorgeous venue unlike any other. Rob really went above and beyond to make our wedding day PERFECT! The transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception was flawless. Great food in a stunning venue makes the OFC the best place to get married. Highly... Read More recommended

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Katelyn M

I think that every couple deserves to think that their wedding is the most perfect wedding they've ever been to. Fortunately, after our wedding at Old Field Club we are now one of those couples who thinks their wedding was was the best. Our whole experience was amazing and... Read More exactly what we wanted. the outdoor ceremony was beautiful with the view of the water in the background. it was at 6:30 PM so it wasn't too hot for our guests. the cocktail hour was great with a mix of indoor and outdoor door seating. the food was delicious but not too much that you weren't hungry for dinner. The reception room is magical with the lighting and exposed beam ceiling. it is what sold us on OFC in the first place. We did the buffet dinner, and everything was awesome, especially the flank steal and short rib. I wish I ate even more. our Maitre D, Rob, was great the whole night. the whole event flowed exactly as we wanted it to, and Rob helped make sure that happened. I hope we get to attend another wedding at OFC as guests one day, because it really is a wonderful place.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Kendra R

OMG...Old field club was the 2nd place I looked at for my wedding and I immediately knew that it was the ONE!!! I love the quaint look on the outside and how gorgeous the reception area is with high ceilings and chandeliers for that romantic rustic feel! The grounds are... Read More beautifully kept as well! My guests absolutely loved the food! The Maitre'D, Rob, was fantastic and was very attentive to us all night, especially me, making sure I was always okay! He was awesome making sure all of my DIY favors and decorations were perfectly placed! Highly recommend Old Field Club and super thankful for all their help making my wedding the best night of my life!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Melissa C

Although at times communication was a bit spotty, at the end of the day the venue was top notch. It was gorgeous, affordable, DELICIOUS food, and Sabine took care of my husband and I like a queen and king on the night of. Can't rave enough!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Katherine B

I just attended a lovely Friday afternoon May wedding at the Old Field Club and couldn't have been more delighted. The venue has fantastic views - serene country side and a quiet water side. The rustic, but very clean feel was airy and romantic. The food was delicious - all of... Read More it - cocktail hour and the buffet. I mean everything - the vegetables, chicken, fish, beef, pasta, crab cakes, fried lobster risotto - fantastic. Best of all, the staff, led by Catering Manager Rob Kaiserman - who was ever present and on the case - was always courteous, friendly and incredibly attentive. I've never had a meal, much less one with so many people where my water glass wasn't left empty for even a minute. I would highly recommend this to any couple looking for a romantic venue with amazing food and service.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Kristin H

Our wedding at Old Field Club was unforgettable! We enjoyed every second of our wedding day, from the beautiful scenery to the incredible food and staff. Everyone helped to bring our vision to life and made us feel so special. Extra special thanks to Ben, Jessica, Dom and Tony... Read More for not only taking good care of us, but for making it such a great night for our guests as well! They all went above and beyond to make our night special. I can't imagine having a better experience on our day. Months later, we still get compliments about our wedding and the venue.

Beautiful Venue, Great Food, Great Service, just one issue.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 cait R

My husband and I were married at the Old Field Club on 10/30/15. The second I stepped foot in the venue, I knew it was the place for us! It is not a typical long island wedding venue. It is charming and and has a laid back feel. I love that they have seasonal beers on tap! They... Read More also have a private beach which is great for pictures. It's truly a beautiful venue. From start to finish, I felt the staff overall was accommodating. However, I must give a very special shout out to Ben, the maître d' and the wait staff. Ben is just awesome. He was SO helpful both leading up to the wedding and on the day of. He was extremely organized and just always went above and beyond me and my family. He has a very tough job, but he does it with kindness, grace and the highest level of professionalism! He constantly checked in with everyone throughout the night to make sure we were okay and made everything run smoothly. The wedding day is a total blur, so it was nice to have someone who I could trust running the show. I cannot say enough about the wait staff at Old Field! They too have a tough job, and they were amazing. All my guests raved about the service. My bridal attendant, I cannot remember her name, was super nice and extremely attentive. The bar tenders were also great. My only issue with Old Field took place after the wedding when my parents went out to pick up the decor. We had been assured multiple times that it was no problem to leave the decor at Old Field for a night or two and pick it up after the wedding. When my parents got there, the boxes were soaked so they had a hard time transporting everything. I had used bud vases and lanterns for the table centerpieces and the vases still had water and flowers in them and a few were missing. I'm also missing a lantern. Glass hurricanes I used on the fireplace were missing, but found in the supply closet. Maybe things broke, that's fine. It happens. But the person helping my parents was rude about it. I won't name names, but the Old Field employee who greeted my parents said "well, this is what happens when you leave things here after the wedding" - a statement contradictory to what we were told several times and offered no explanation for the missing decor. Lastly, I had a basket in the ladies room filled with supplies like Motrin, feminine care products, hair spray, etc and a lot of it was gone when my parents got there which kind of sucked. I'll be honest, I doubt my guests used an entire box of tampons or an entire jar of motrin. That stuff is expensive and I would have liked to bring the leftovers home with me. Overall, not a huge issue, just kind of gross. Word of advice - I recommend bringing things like that home with you right after the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 William K

The OFC was beautiful and just so magical. All my dreams and wishes came true that day/night. The rustic barn like feel and high ceilings were breathtaking and intimate. If you want to have a private intimate wedding reception the OFC is definitely your best bet. It is not like... Read More your normal commercial floor to ceiling rug like venue. It has gorgeous views of the water, hard wood floors, high ceilings, chandeliers, garden lights, a gorgeous fire place that you can have lit the whole night if you want. It's truly breathtaking and its LI's hidden gem. They definitely worked with us with everything from beginning all the way to the end. They were flexible and accommodating. Ben,Sabine & Deb were fantastic and very warming. Everything went accordingly and with out a hitch! Ben was amazing and took care of my each an every need the whole entire night. All the staff that were waiting on us all night were amazing as well. The food was delicious and our wedding cake was fabulous. My wedding day was perfect and the best day of my life. We chose the perfect venue for our intimate fall wedding. Thank you OFC!!

Charming and picturesque

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Brittany W

The Old Field Club was magical. Our wedding had the perfect mix of beautiful outdoor scenery and a picturesque setup inside, complete with garden lights and charming decor. Deb (catering manager) and Ben (maitre' d) were on top of everything and allowed our day to go smoothly,... Read More anticipating and taking care of little issues without them being unnecessarily called to our attention on the wedding day. I got so many comments about how fun the bartenders were, and the food was delicious. From top to bottom, venue to service, the Old Field Club delivered a beautiful, smooth, unforgettable wedding for us. We could not be happier with our choice, and the wedding pictures we have from the venue reflect that beauty every time we look back at them.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Jaclyn M

My husband and I got married on July 11th, 2015 at the Old Field Club. IT WAS AMAZING!! From start to end, OFC was attentive, caring, and helped us with everything to personalize our wedding day. We had our ceremony on their grounds and it was insanely gorgeous! The OFC also has... Read More a private beach with quaint, beautiful cabanas where we were allowed to take pictures. The pictures are stunning!! Ben, the maître-d was amazing, as well as Kara, who is in charge of staff. My husband and I felt so catered to. Ben and Kara were a constant presence – informing us of timing, next steps, and constantly asking of us if we needed anything. My vegan needs were met, and when my husband was losing steam, Kara was right there giving him espresso! What is even more special is that guests were complimenting how beautiful the OFC was, and how amazingly attentive and wonderful the entire staff was. I would recommend the OFC to anybody who wants a beautiful, unique wedding with an incredible water-backdrop, and stunning ballroom. It does not feel like a typical catering hall. My parents are still talking about our wedding every day, and are beaming with joy. We feel confident saying that our wedding could not have been more beautiful and special!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Daniela P

Everything was amazing at the Old Field Club! Ben, the maitre 'd made sure of it! From the atmosphere to the drinks to the food, everything was top notch. I would recommend the venue to anyone looking for a classically rustic venue for an intimate wedding. It was beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Katie D

We just had our daughter's wedding at Old Field Club and it was perfect. My daughter and her fiance were looking for a venue that showed off Long Island's beauty in a romantic, classy rustic setting. They got that and so much more. The setting is gorgeous (they were married... Read More on site), the venue sets up beautifully, and the food was really good. Many people commented on the food. Deb and Ben were wonderful to work with, and really accommodating to all of our ideas The even ran so smoothly, and our guests are still saying what a great wedding it was. Thanks, OFC for helping my daughter create her dream wedding!

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Megan C

I always imagined my wedding day being an intimate, yet spacious, occasion with a great deal of elegance and class. The Old Field Club was exactly that! From our first visit, to the night of our wedding, we were blown away by the professionalism, attention, and kindness of the... Read More entire staff. Both our photographer (North Island) and our band (Arcadia,) had great things to say about the OFC and they both had all positive experiences dealing with them over the years. My husband and I tried to think of one thing that was less than perfect, and we couldn't! Every single detail of our wedding at the OFC was pure perfection. Our guests are STILL raving about the food (definitely add the Filet Mignon…..TOTALLY worth it!) Deb was amazing through the planning process and Ben the Maitre d' was the most attentive, kind, creative person and is absolutely amazing. He has a way of keeping people very calm and stress-free! Sabine was so helpful at making sure the night went perfectly. Chris the chef was unbelievable! We got to meet him at the tasting and he gave us some great advice and really took the time out to make our menu perfect. All of the servers, bartenders, valet workers, etc. were AWESOME! And the best part of the entire experience is that it was the first time that the majority of our guests had ever been there! They were saying all night, "how did you guys find this place? It's awesome!" Talk about a GREAT first impression! The Old Field Club is a little hidden gem that is different than the other typical catering halls on Long Island. I highly recommend the Old Field Club and we are so happy to have our dream wedding become a reality! Thank you for being spectacular OFC! My husband and I want to do it all over again. Can't we have a re-do? The night went too fast! ;) ~Megan and Charles Jensen, married on 12.27.14