The Old Field Club

Setauket, NY

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Old Field Club in Setauket, New York, is a classic and old-fashioned beach club right off the coast of a lagoon. The location of The Old Field Club is about 60 miles east of Manhattan, making it a mini destination for people who live in the tristate area. Plenty of airports in New York make it easy for out-of-town guests to find flights at any time and The Old Field Club recommends lodging at Holiday Inn or the Marriott Courtyard nearby. Have your wedding ceremony in a lush outdoor setting with tall wild grass, trees, wildlife and a blue body of water behind you. After the ceremony, The Old Field Club offers two banquet rooms to fit parties of all sizes.

The Ballroom accommodates up to 180 people and provides a spectacular view of the ocean. It incorporates a 25-foot bar for cocktail receptions and a large dance floor for when the guests get loosened up. The design motif is simple elegance with brass chandeliers, a wood ceiling and a working fireplace. The room also includes large French doors that lead to the expansive deck.

The Lagoon Room is the space at The Old Field Club for smaller, more intimate receptions. It includes floor-to-ceiling windows for a view of the lagoon that slide out for a screened patio and open-air terrace.

The Old Field Club takes the utmost pride in providing the best possible service for weddings, so it only hosts one couple at a time. Because of only booking one wedding at a time, start times are often flexible. Couples must book at least 120 guests for weddings on Saturdays, while Friday and Sunday weddings have no minimum.

The couple receives the services of a wedding planner who helps to coordinate the event and bring anything their imaginations hold into reality. The planner also matches the couple with preferred vendors including florists, officiants, entertainment, photographers and limousine drivers. The bride gets the use of a private suite for preparing for the ceremony and the reception. The wedding package includes custom linens, napkins, place cards and maps with directions for invitations.

During the wedding reception, the couple gets the services of a personal maître d' who greets arriving guests. While the couple takes photos, guests enjoy a cocktail hour in the Lagoon Room that includes passed hors d'oeuvres. Bar service is open and The Old Field Club provides top-shelf liquors, beers and wines. After working with the wedding planner to create a menu for the wedding, wait staff serves the meal in a prix fixe fashion.

In addition to the personal level of service the staff at The Old Field Club offers, couples have the opportunity to take wedding photos in front of several scenic backdrops on the facility and in surrounding areas.

• Old Field House historic building
  • Old Field House private beach
  • Historic Stony Brook Grist Mill and duck pond
  • Stony Brook Village Green
  • Frank Melville Memorial Park

"Private" one-event at a time...

Rustic, Elegant, “Barn Style” venue. Stunning photo opportunities on our beautiful waterfront property. Personalized attention from our caring and supportive team; to customize your special day! Great food, too!

Waterfront

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

86 West Meadow Rd, Setauket, NY (631) 751-0571

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 1/10/2015 Megan C

I always imagined my wedding day being an intimate, yet spacious, occasion with a great deal of elegance and class. The Old Field Club was exactly that! From our first visit, to the night of our wedding, we were blown away by the professionalism, attention, and kindness of the... Read More entire staff. Both our photographer (North Island) and our band (Arcadia,) had great things to say about the OFC and they both had all positive experiences dealing with them over the years. My husband and I tried to think of one thing that was less than perfect, and we couldn't! Every single detail of our wedding at the OFC was pure perfection. Our guests are STILL raving about the food (definitely add the Filet Mignon…..TOTALLY worth it!) Deb was amazing through the planning process and Ben the Maitre d' was the most attentive, kind, creative person and is absolutely amazing. He has a way of keeping people very calm and stress-free! Sabine was so helpful at making sure the night went perfectly. Chris the chef was unbelievable! We got to meet him at the tasting and he gave us some great advice and really took the time out to make our menu perfect. All of the servers, bartenders, valet workers, etc. were AWESOME! And the best part of the entire experience is that it was the first time that the majority of our guests had ever been there! They were saying all night, "how did you guys find this place? It's awesome!" Talk about a GREAT first impression! The Old Field Club is a little hidden gem that is different than the other typical catering halls on Long Island. I highly recommend the Old Field Club and we are so happy to have our dream wedding become a reality! Thank you for being spectacular OFC! My husband and I want to do it all over again. Can't we have a re-do? The night went too fast! ;) ~Megan and Charles Jensen, married on 12.27.14

The Old Field Club

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Jessica S

OFC is Beautiful, Warm, Intimate. Set on a small inlet on the North Shore of LI. Deb, Ben, & Marilyn were the staff I dealt with primarily. Always Professional, Prompt, Helpful, either by phone or email.(you decide). I am the M.O.B. My daughter's crazy schedule required me to... Read More handle most of the organizing and details. The staff was always kind and more than willing to offer advice when asked or when they felt we were in need of it. (Greatly appreciated). They couldn't have been more accommodating. The food was excellent, Many of the guests said it was the best food they have ever had at an affair, others offered it was restaurant quality. The day was perfect. The Old Field Club is not for large parties of 200. As I stated, it is intimate and charming, probably best suited for 150 or less. I Highly recommend.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 tory s

The old field club was the perfect venue for our wedding! The staff was such a pleasure to work with. I couldn't have asked for a better planning process Ben is the best! He is easy going and attentive. They perfectly accommodated the 134 guests that we had. Our guests are... Read More raving how good the food was! They had no issues helping me achieve the day that I dreamed of and allowing me to personalize the menu and the beer selection.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Katelyn M

I think that every couple deserves to think that their wedding is the most perfect wedding they've ever been to. Fortunately, after our wedding at Old Field Club we are now one of those couples who thinks their wedding was was the best. Our whole experience was amazing and... Read More exactly what we wanted. the outdoor ceremony was beautiful with the view of the water in the background. it was at 6:30 PM so it wasn't too hot for our guests. the cocktail hour was great with a mix of indoor and outdoor door seating. the food was delicious but not too much that you weren't hungry for dinner. The reception room is magical with the lighting and exposed beam ceiling. it is what sold us on OFC in the first place. We did the buffet dinner, and everything was awesome, especially the flank steal and short rib. I wish I ate even more. our Maitre D, Rob, was great the whole night. the whole event flowed exactly as we wanted it to, and Rob helped make sure that happened. I hope we get to attend another wedding at OFC as guests one day, because it really is a wonderful place.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Natalie S

The OFC was the first venue I checked out in the beginning of wedding planning. They were easy going and not pushy. They did not try to sell me or convince me. They were very forward with the cost and what was included. I never questioned what I would get or not get. I emailed... Read More back and forth throughout the to BM Sabine with all of my questions and she was thorough and answered them all. I felt that they were very accommodating even when my bride brain was going crazy. At one point new rules were rolled out and I was worried how it might affect our day but it made no difference. Also, during the past year the club underwent lots of updates and renovations. Each things tasteful and fitting with the decor of the club. The tasting was complimentary including beer and wine and awesome. It was then that i could really begin to visualize my wedding. I was surprised that they didn’t do a payment plan. Basically, you pay your initial deposit and then pay the entire balance a few short weeks before the wedding. They didn’t even ask me for the money… so the day of my menu choices I brought most of it because I was very nervous about all of that. Everything I requested was accepted, approved and executed perfectly. You can’t beat that! On our drop off day (Wednesday) I spent quite a while with my Maitre’ D Rob. We went over each little decor detail and he agreed to set everything up. He reassured me again and again that it would be perfect. Because there was not an event on the Thursday , they allowed me to set up my decorations exactly how I wanted them! ::Happy Bride!:: He helped unload my car and just was incredible that day. The wedding day was even better. My groom and I were feeling hot and overwhelmed after our first look photoshoot. We arrived independently from everyone else. Rob immediately took over, brought us drinks, platters of food and just wonderful service. He kept us on time. He single handedly managed the entire affair. He was always near. He served as Maitre’ D but also bridal attendant. OFC is a beautiful venue. Perfect for the laid back couple. It was exactly what I wanted and turned out more beautiful than I expected. My guests raved about the food and the Included cake from Audrey’s Fine Baked Goods. There was little to no wait at the bar and the drinks were flowing all night. OFC also had our favorite beer GSB Blonde Ambition on Tap as requested. They went the extra mile and it showed.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Kendra R

OMG...Old field club was the 2nd place I looked at for my wedding and I immediately knew that it was the ONE!!! I love the quaint look on the outside and how gorgeous the reception area is with high ceilings and chandeliers for that romantic rustic feel! The grounds are... Read More beautifully kept as well! My guests absolutely loved the food! The Maitre'D, Rob, was fantastic and was very attentive to us all night, especially me, making sure I was always okay! He was awesome making sure all of my DIY favors and decorations were perfectly placed! Highly recommend Old Field Club and super thankful for all their help making my wedding the best night of my life!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Melissa C

Although at times communication was a bit spotty, at the end of the day the venue was top notch. It was gorgeous, affordable, DELICIOUS food, and Sabine took care of my husband and I like a queen and king on the night of. Can't rave enough!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Katherine B

I just attended a lovely Friday afternoon May wedding at the Old Field Club and couldn't have been more delighted. The venue has fantastic views - serene country side and a quiet water side. The rustic, but very clean feel was airy and romantic. The food was delicious - all of... Read More it - cocktail hour and the buffet. I mean everything - the vegetables, chicken, fish, beef, pasta, crab cakes, fried lobster risotto - fantastic. Best of all, the staff, led by Catering Manager Rob Kaiserman - who was ever present and on the case - was always courteous, friendly and incredibly attentive. I've never had a meal, much less one with so many people where my water glass wasn't left empty for even a minute. I would highly recommend this to any couple looking for a romantic venue with amazing food and service.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Kristin H

Our wedding at Old Field Club was unforgettable! We enjoyed every second of our wedding day, from the beautiful scenery to the incredible food and staff. Everyone helped to bring our vision to life and made us feel so special. Extra special thanks to Ben, Jessica, Dom and Tony... Read More for not only taking good care of us, but for making it such a great night for our guests as well! They all went above and beyond to make our night special. I can't imagine having a better experience on our day. Months later, we still get compliments about our wedding and the venue.

Fantastic Wedding at The Old Field Club

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

We were married at The Old Field Club a few weeks ago and the entire event ran flawlessly. Our wedding was without a doubt, the BEST I have ever attended. And after reading/listening to some of MANY messages we received in the days that followed, it was clear that our sentiment... Read More was shared by our guests. The ambiance, food, and overall setting was superb. The event was scheduled and executed to perfection. This was LARGELY due to the tireless efforts of our Maître D' Ben Woznicki. Ben was incredible and I cannot say enough to compliment his efforts. Whatever we needed, Ben took care of before we could even ask. If you are on the fence as to which venue you should choose, simply meet with him and you will quickly understand the high level of service I am referring to. I should also point out that the entire Old Field Club staff was as accommodating as one could ever ask. A special thanks to Sabine Hoskins as well. Like Ben, Sabine was there throughout this entire process. Overall, The Old Field Club was the perfect venue for us and we are so pleased with our decision.

Beautiful Venue, Great Food, Great Service, just one issue.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 cait R

My husband and I were married at the Old Field Club on 10/30/15. The second I stepped foot in the venue, I knew it was the place for us! It is not a typical long island wedding venue. It is charming and and has a laid back feel. I love that they have seasonal beers on tap! They... Read More also have a private beach which is great for pictures. It's truly a beautiful venue. From start to finish, I felt the staff overall was accommodating. However, I must give a very special shout out to Ben, the maître d' and the wait staff. Ben is just awesome. He was SO helpful both leading up to the wedding and on the day of. He was extremely organized and just always went above and beyond me and my family. He has a very tough job, but he does it with kindness, grace and the highest level of professionalism! He constantly checked in with everyone throughout the night to make sure we were okay and made everything run smoothly. The wedding day is a total blur, so it was nice to have someone who I could trust running the show. I cannot say enough about the wait staff at Old Field! They too have a tough job, and they were amazing. All my guests raved about the service. My bridal attendant, I cannot remember her name, was super nice and extremely attentive. The bar tenders were also great. My only issue with Old Field took place after the wedding when my parents went out to pick up the decor. We had been assured multiple times that it was no problem to leave the decor at Old Field for a night or two and pick it up after the wedding. When my parents got there, the boxes were soaked so they had a hard time transporting everything. I had used bud vases and lanterns for the table centerpieces and the vases still had water and flowers in them and a few were missing. I'm also missing a lantern. Glass hurricanes I used on the fireplace were missing, but found in the supply closet. Maybe things broke, that's fine. It happens. But the person helping my parents was rude about it. I won't name names, but the Old Field employee who greeted my parents said "well, this is what happens when you leave things here after the wedding" - a statement contradictory to what we were told several times and offered no explanation for the missing decor. Lastly, I had a basket in the ladies room filled with supplies like Motrin, feminine care products, hair spray, etc and a lot of it was gone when my parents got there which kind of sucked. I'll be honest, I doubt my guests used an entire box of tampons or an entire jar of motrin. That stuff is expensive and I would have liked to bring the leftovers home with me. Overall, not a huge issue, just kind of gross. Word of advice - I recommend bringing things like that home with you right after the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 William K

The OFC was beautiful and just so magical. All my dreams and wishes came true that day/night. The rustic barn like feel and high ceilings were breathtaking and intimate. If you want to have a private intimate wedding reception the OFC is definitely your best bet. It is not like... Read More your normal commercial floor to ceiling rug like venue. It has gorgeous views of the water, hard wood floors, high ceilings, chandeliers, garden lights, a gorgeous fire place that you can have lit the whole night if you want. It's truly breathtaking and its LI's hidden gem. They definitely worked with us with everything from beginning all the way to the end. They were flexible and accommodating. Ben,Sabine & Deb were fantastic and very warming. Everything went accordingly and with out a hitch! Ben was amazing and took care of my each an every need the whole entire night. All the staff that were waiting on us all night were amazing as well. The food was delicious and our wedding cake was fabulous. My wedding day was perfect and the best day of my life. We chose the perfect venue for our intimate fall wedding. Thank you OFC!!

Charming and picturesque

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Brittany W

The Old Field Club was magical. Our wedding had the perfect mix of beautiful outdoor scenery and a picturesque setup inside, complete with garden lights and charming decor. Deb (catering manager) and Ben (maitre' d) were on top of everything and allowed our day to go smoothly,... Read More anticipating and taking care of little issues without them being unnecessarily called to our attention on the wedding day. I got so many comments about how fun the bartenders were, and the food was delicious. From top to bottom, venue to service, the Old Field Club delivered a beautiful, smooth, unforgettable wedding for us. We could not be happier with our choice, and the wedding pictures we have from the venue reflect that beauty every time we look back at them.

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Jaclyn M

My husband and I got married on July 11th, 2015 at the Old Field Club. IT WAS AMAZING!! From start to end, OFC was attentive, caring, and helped us with everything to personalize our wedding day. We had our ceremony on their grounds and it was insanely gorgeous! The OFC also has... Read More a private beach with quaint, beautiful cabanas where we were allowed to take pictures. The pictures are stunning!! Ben, the maître-d was amazing, as well as Kara, who is in charge of staff. My husband and I felt so catered to. Ben and Kara were a constant presence – informing us of timing, next steps, and constantly asking of us if we needed anything. My vegan needs were met, and when my husband was losing steam, Kara was right there giving him espresso! What is even more special is that guests were complimenting how beautiful the OFC was, and how amazingly attentive and wonderful the entire staff was. I would recommend the OFC to anybody who wants a beautiful, unique wedding with an incredible water-backdrop, and stunning ballroom. It does not feel like a typical catering hall. My parents are still talking about our wedding every day, and are beaming with joy. We feel confident saying that our wedding could not have been more beautiful and special!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Daniela P

Everything was amazing at the Old Field Club! Ben, the maitre 'd made sure of it! From the atmosphere to the drinks to the food, everything was top notch. I would recommend the venue to anyone looking for a classically rustic venue for an intimate wedding. It was beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Katie D

We just had our daughter's wedding at Old Field Club and it was perfect. My daughter and her fiance were looking for a venue that showed off Long Island's beauty in a romantic, classy rustic setting. They got that and so much more. The setting is gorgeous (they were married... Read More on site), the venue sets up beautifully, and the food was really good. Many people commented on the food. Deb and Ben were wonderful to work with, and really accommodating to all of our ideas The even ran so smoothly, and our guests are still saying what a great wedding it was. Thanks, OFC for helping my daughter create her dream wedding!

Perfect Venue, Absolutely Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Jillian D

My best friend recommended Old Field Club and honestly I was a little hesitant because I thought our dream wedding would be at the vineyards but we just couldn't swing it. As soon as we went there, the entire staff was wonderful. Sabine our wedding coordinator was... Read More professional, helpful and really sweet. From start to finish the whole process was seamless and fun they way it should be. The whole reception was perfect and I felt like a total queen the entire day with my king. I would recommend Old Field to anyone and everyone if they want a seamless, beautiful experience!

BEST WEDDING VENUE ON LONG ISLAND!

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Kelly A

OFC is hands down the best wedding venue on Long Island. It is not your typical "wedding factory." The venue itself is gorgeous overlooking the water with picturesque views, hard wood floors, and a gorgeous fire place. If you are looking for a rustic cozy place to get married,... Read More you've found it. The food was wonderful. There were so many options to chose from. The service was impeccable. Ben the maitre'd was fabulous in every single way. He was so attentive and made sure everything was going smoothly. The entire OFC staff was so friendly and efficient. Our wedding day went off with out a hitch. I would recommend the Old Field Club to any couple!!!

Absolutely Awesome

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Mary L

I got married a few weeks ago at The Old Field Club, and it was everything I could have wanted from a wedding venue and more! My guests (most of whom are from Chicago) were all blown away at how beautiful the venue was. The cocktail hour out on the back deck looking over the... Read More water was perfect! I almost wish our cocktail hour could have lasted for two or three hours; that's how awesome it was. The ballroom is stunning, and everything went according to plan. Ben, the maitre de, was perfect. He was so helpful and had everything running smoothly all night long. I cannot recommend the Old Field Club enough! The only negative I can see (which luckily wasn't a negative for me!) is that the main ballroom can get a little cramped. They say the max is 175 people. We wound up having 140, and it was probably the most I would have wanted there. If you're planning on around this number of people, you will 100% not regret having your wedding at the Old Field Club. It literally was the best night of my life.

BEST.

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Meg W

As a local Setauket girl, the Old Field Club was simply the perfect choice in venue. I almost don't want anyone not from around here to find out about it because it truly is a little slice of heaven down there on the creek. From the awesome food to the beautiful view to the... Read More amazing team working the events and helping plan them, everything was on point and wonderful. They were on board with everything we wanted to do and every one of our guests said it was the BEST wedding ever...and it was!

Class, Elegance, impeccable service.

Reviewed on 4/03/2014 Sarah B

My husband and I were married on 8/24/13... The Old Field Club was the first and only venue we looked at. I love elegant, beautiful things and loath the typical Long Island gaud... so the minute we walked into OFC I had no doubt this was the absolutely perfect place, people and... Read More setting. It has a simple, beautiful elegance and air about it that, which to me is the epitome of North Shore Long Island, and as another reviewer mentioned, allows the bride to do anything visually... I choose endless candlelight and flowers through out the room, as the night wore on it was just more and more stunning. We had about 80 people, the room was perfect... cocktail hour on the deck was a wonderful way to start the evening watching the sun go down... gorgeous. Dennis the manager was extremely down to earth, honest and helpful... I enjoy people who don't kiss my ass for a sale and can tell me directly how we can get things done... and this was Dennis... he was extremely kind, well informed and accommodating and I adored his demeanor. We signed the contract that very day. Ben took over from there and took care of every detail I could dream up or worry about over the next six months, he answered every email (many!) within 24 hours, if not sooner and was patient, calming and reassuring all throughout... A girl needs a calm voice when planning her wedding! Ben was it, and a real sweetie to boot. He took care of every single detail, down to polishing the cake stand for me (because I am neurotic enough to have asked him to do this). My napkins were folded exactly as I wanted, the candles displayed perfectly... the vision I created in my mind came to fruition and my day was perfect. Thank you Ben and Dennis for all your attention to detail, patience and kindness throughout. And Dennis, thank you for your additional suggestions on the candles, everything was perfect and some of the most beautiful pictures I have are because of your candle suggestions! I can't say enough about Old Field, not only is it the most gorgeous place, but the food and service was amazing. We did our cake through their suggested vendor, La Bon and it was amazing! I loved the venue so much we are currently considering it for my daughters Sweet 16... :) If you are looking for a cookie cutter caterer, this is NOT it. But if you are looking for gorgeous wedding day bliss... this is the place. Thank you Dennis and Ben for doing everything you could to make it perfect! Hugs! Sarah & Tim

Wedding of my DREAMS!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Cristan N

Once I started looking at wedding venues on Long Island, I quickly realized how hard it was going to be to find one that felt like 'us' or who we are as a couple. I was thrown off by many other venues - the big [usually dark] catering halls with stained old carpet, acoustic... Read More ceilings and mirrored walls as far as the eye can see. I was thrown off by the many MANY MANY over the top cocktail displays and ice sculptures I was seeing on my search. After touring SO many venues, walking into the Old Field Club was truly a breath of fresh air! There was not one gilded cherub or fluted plaster column to be found - FINALLY! The clean architecture and history of the building with it's tall pitched ceiling, chandeliers, beams - and the gorgeous mantle, I knew we would fit right in and we would be happy whether we were to hold the ceremony outside near the water [weather permitting] or in front of the monumental mantle. The simple decor makes it MUCH easier for you to personalize with your own decor. The food was Outstanding - SO many guests were raving. The staff was accommodating and were able to execute my incredibly detailed decor scheme - making our wedding day perfect. If you are looking for a beautiful venue without all of the tacky, outdated and over the top bells and whistles - look no further!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Joanna N

I was married at Old Field Club on 10/6/13. I searched everywhere for a venue like OFC on Long Island, something without gaudy carpeting, etc. It is a beautiful venue, gorgeous fireplace, lighting and right on the water. The staff is lovely and make sure to take care of you on... Read More your big day. We were to get married outside by the water but unfortunately it was rainy, the staff was quick and made sure the ceremony was set up inside. It ended up looking great as if it was meant to be there all along. Everyone is still talking about the amazing food!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Melissa F

What a beautiful wedding Old Field Club gave us! I'm pretty sure no one even knew it was pouring rain outside! Ben the Maitre'd went above and beyond. From setting up my decorations better than I could've imagined and helping us be where we needed to be throughout the night.... Read More Also, every single one of my guests raved about the food. Great place! I hope my friends have their weddings there so I can enjoy it again!

Amazing

Reviewed on 3/13/2013 Vanessa B

I fell in love with this venue as soon as I walked inside. The staff and food was amazing. I would like to thank Ben for making everything perfect for my wedding day! You were on top of everything and made it very easy to breath. Everything came out exactly how pictured it.... Read More Thank you!