The Peninsula Room

Traverse City, MI

Book Your Wedding with The Peninsula Room

A BALLROOM IN TRAVERSE CITY, MI

Since 2009, The Peninsula Room in Traverse, Michigan, has been hosting memorable wedding events. This Midwest venue sits on the grounds of the Bowers Harbor Inn Estate and features a cozy up-north woodsy atmosphere. The fact that the venue is located along the West Grand Traverse Bay adds to the outdoor charm of The Peninsula Room. The bride and groom and their guests can enjoy roaming the two acres of land surrounding the wedding space, including a vineyard and immaculate gardens.

With options for both outdoor and indoor locations and the choice of having the ceremony and reception at the facility make The Peninsula Room a convenient choice with prime event spaces:

The Great Lawn. Wedding guests can take in the nuptials among stately pine and oak trees and a lake as the backdrop. The area can accommodate up to 150 seated guests.

The Library. This room is located on the second floor of the restaurant and allows for a very intimate ceremony. The Library can seat up to 40 people and boasts views of the bay and vineyard. The couple should keep in mind that this room is not wheelchair accessible.

The Peninsula Room. This room is suitable for a wedding ceremony and reception. Guests can enjoy mingling about the room, the garden or an outdoor patio. Up to 150 guests can enjoy the impeccable service in The Peninsula Room. An indoor fireplace sets a romantic tone for the evening.

Contact information is located on The Peninsula Room's website, which includes a direct phone number for the experienced Events Director of the facility. The director ensures that each and every bride and groom have all of their wedding-celebration needs met and have the confidence to relax and make lasting memories on their special day.

There are also a professional chef and a brewmaster on the grounds of the venue. The chef can assist in finding a menu to the liking of the couple, with anything from appetizers to fine entrees and from a buffet-style to a plated meal. One thing the bride and groom need to keep in mind and be respectful of, is the fact that the venue has a restaurant, which is open to the public. The Peninsula Room does require a minimum of 75 guests on a Friday night and 100 on Saturday.

The staff at The Peninsula Room provide an array of services and for those services they are unable to provide, the future newlyweds are referred to a preferred list of vendors, including DJ services, officiates, a bakery, a florist and photographer. The outdoor ceremony space is available for a grounds fee and the cost of chair rental. All ceremonies are required to be performed by 5 p.m. and The Peninsula Room can be used as a weather backup, seating as many occupants as the outdoor space. The fees to rent the indoor space for a wedding vary based upon the time of year and the day of the week. Tables, chairs, china, linens and glassware, along with set-up and teardown, are included in the package.

The Peninsula Room just keeps getting better as it also offer these extra perks:

• An outdoor fire pit, surrounded by stone seating, is accessible to guests of The Peninsula Room
  • The experienced chef uses meat and produce from local farmers as often as possible, along with growing his own herbs and morel mushrooms in the venue's garden

Creating a lifetime of memories

Thank you for considering one of the most scenic & historic locations for your Wedding. Surrounded by two acres of vineyards, gardens & the shore of West Grand Traverse Bay, we provide an ambiance that is exceeded only by the cuisine & quality of service you & your guests will experience on your day

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

13512 Peninsula Dr, Traverse City, MI (231) 944-6984

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Christie O

This venue delivered way beyond our expectations. The staff were a delight, the food was excellent, which we all know is not common at weddings, and the venue was unbelievably beautiful. I can not imagine a more perfect place to celebrate a wedding! They are very... Read More accommodating and made it easy to have the perfect day for our bride and groom. We did not have one hiccup! Not one! As the mother of the bride, I could not have been happier! No matter what time of year you are planning your special day, this venue will be perfect and your wedding celebration will be fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Brittany M

I loved everything about this venue and am so happy that we chose The Peninsula Room to celebrate our big day. Kate was wonderful to work with leading up to our wedding day. She's really great, and I don't know how to she keeps so organized! Dani was our life saver for the... Read More day of and everything went flawlessly with her help- I can't thank her enough! She really went the extra mile to make sure that things went as planned and that our wedding party was taken of. The venue and space is beautiful and our guests were blown away by the picturesque setting and all of the things to explore and see on the property. We took advantage of setting up some lawn games and used the bonfire pit, and I highly recommend using all that the property has to offer. The reception space was cozy, but comfortable and very intimate and personal feeling. All of our guests absolutely loved the food and the large beverage selection. I highly recommend this venue for not only its ambience and food, but for also the wonderful staff that helps to make sure that your day goes smoothly and is special.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Nicole Y

This venue was fabulous! There is an outdoor lawn area that allows for guests to sit outside near a fire and play cornhole and such, but also have a great indoor area for dancing and food. There is also beach access and a dock for your guests to go out on. I loved it!! There is... Read More a restaurant on site, but everyone was very friendly and stayed in the restaurant and didn't bother the wedding. Food was incredible! My only warning was that the event planners do have a bit of the Traverse City mindset and it takes usually a week for a response to emails, though phone calls are usually quicker. If you're getting married in TC, this is something you will find with most vendors, so don't let it steer you away! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, but still relaxed venue!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Jack S

Plain and simply put, this place is absolutely amazing. Everybody that my wife and I worked with the entire time through the entire process were nothing but helpful and accommodating to us and our needs. With any large event, you would expect at least something to go... Read More wrong...even just the smallest thing. Nope! Our day was perfect. No errors, no mistakes, nothing went wrong. It rained all morning but even the weather cooperated and the sunshine came out right as we started the ceremony. The Space: The room really has that country/modern feel to it tied together. The room is so nice, actually, that you aren't forced to do much decorating at all, which was one of the big reasons why we went with The Peninsula Room. Air-conditioning for summer events as well and an outdoor area around the build that is really beautiful. The Food: out of all of the weddings I've been to, I have to humbly brag that our food has been the best. The chicken, pork tenderloin, and steak all came out perfect - we had so many compliments on the meal which is exactly what we wanted after spending what we spent on a plated dish. The Booze: Pay for the booze - your guests deserve it. Great craft beer, craft spirits, and high quality wine for 4+ hours. What more can you ask for? The Area: I mean, breath-taking views of the Bay. The outside of their building/grounds are covered in flowers, trees - everything is well taken care of and groomed. It's just a really nice space that can't be beat with the spectacular view. The Communication: Whenever we came up with any questions, I shot an email to their event coordinator, Kate, who was very helpful. It was a pleasure to work with her and I appreciate all of the help she put into making our special day perfect. Her responses were quick and accurate, and after a small mix-up very early on in the planning process, they were nice enough to discount the price for us. All-around great group of people to work with and would highly recommend The Peninsula Room to anyone.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Amanda M

We had an incredible experience on our wedding day, October 8, 2016. This was a destination wedding and we truly were blessed with great vendors! Kate handled all the planing and coordination of our event from our tasting, menu selections, to helping mitigate the wedding itself.... Read More We couldn't have done it without her and the wonderful staff at The Peninsula Room. All my questions were answered without hesitation, and we were able to have special requests accommodated. Jolly Pumpkin holds a very special place in our hearts so we couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else. We were engaged two years prior and shared our announcement from the very place we got married. This is a once in a lifetime event that I will never forget and the venue was beyond perfect. It's beautiful, and filled with wonderful staff. You won't regret getting married here. It truly takes your breath away. We can't wait to come back to Old Mission to this very special place. It was amazing!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Ashley D

This was by far the worst venue I have ever been to!!! Myself, my fiancé and my in-laws drove 3 hours to come visit this venue and when we got there we were told the the event planner was running late. We said ok and had a seat and a drink while we waited. Two hours later the... Read More event planner came to our table, did NOT apologize for being two hours late and proceed to tell me that all the information is on there website and walked and talked to another group that she was there for! I have never been more insulted and treated poorly in my life and will not allow it to happen to any other bride!!!!! If you want to have a horrible experience and be over charged for every little thing then this is the place to go! Otherwise STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENUE!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Ariana H

There are not enough praises I can sing for the beautiful facility and wonderful staff at The Peninsula Room. As a Traverse City local who grew up going to birthday dinners at Bowers Harbor Inn, it's always been a special place to me, and the whole setting--the inn's history,... Read More the natural beauty--perfectly captures the magic of northern Michigan that I wanted to feel around me on my wedding day. We're an international couple, so we had over 25 guests joining from Europe, and they were all enchanted by the fantastic view, the charming rooms, the excellent food, drinks, and service, and the overall feel of the evening that this unique venue provided. We wanted to give them Traverse City at its finest, and we certainly did. Because I live in Europe now as well, I knew I wanted to choose a venue that was "all-inclusive" to make planning easier, and we couldn't have made a better decision in choosing this spot. Kate gave us a wonderful tour and tasting about 8 months prior to the wedding, and she was always so timely and helpful in our email and telephone correspondence. I don't know how she does it, remembering all the details for so many weddings--she's truly some kind of wizard! We showed up earlier than expected the day before the wedding to decorate, and Kate still managed to have all of our tables set and the room ready for us. Thank you! On the day before and day of our wedding, the staff was so friendly and helpful, and they do so much throughout the evening that you don't even notice to keep the day running smoothly and keep the guests happy. It was such a relief to be able to enjoy my day and know that the event was in such professional, organized hands. And, the food is amazing! I got so many compliments on it-- people who were so delighted to finally taste fresh, local, gourmet-quality food at a wedding. For the overall quality, and the uniqueness of the place, the Peninsula Room really is the best value in the Traverse City area. I would recommend spending the extra on having the cocktail hour on the front porch (the setting and view are priceless), and also I'm so happy we decided to go with a Friday wedding, as we not only saved money, we were able to decorate the day before since there was no wedding that day, which saved us tons of time and stress on the wedding day. Overall, everyone was so accommodating and helpful and I couldn't recommend it more. Thanks so much to the entire staff! We'll be back next year to celebrate our anniversary at your beautiful site. :)

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Tara O

We went through Mission Table and the Peninsula Room for our wedding ceremony/reception on 7/16/16. We had amazing service! We booked through Barbara and our communication from then on was through Kate. They are very helpful and communicate great! Very professional. Kate is... Read More always available from months leading up to the event, to the day of and even the following day. I couldn't image our wedding being anything other that what it was. It was a beautiful backdrop for the wedding ceremony, and the reception went off without a hitch! The food was great, the bar was awesome and the service was amazing. I can't say enough good things about them! Truly helped make our dreams come true! Highly recommend!!

The Peninsula Room

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 christa c

Gorgeous setting and friendly accommodating staff. The food was actually really tasty, they have an amazing assortment of cider & beer that is all locally made. They have an amazing outdoor area with a stone fireplace and covered deck for a cocktail hour. You can have lawn... Read More games. It was really perfect. My only complaint would be the lack of a dressing/waiting room for the groom/groomsmen. The women get hooked up with a great room to prep in.

Made my Perfect wedding day!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Chantal N

They were amazing!! The staff went above and beyond with everything. The venue was perfect in every way. They knew what to do, when to do it even before we did. I have never seen a more professional team. They truely made my day stress free and perfect!

Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Rachel T

My wife and I were getting married here the next day so we hired the Harbor Room and it was fantastic. It is a beautiful room, the food was excellent and the service was very good. It was a very special evening.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/10/2010 Tia C

We had our ceremony here and it was beautiful! The sun cam out just in time! We had no problems at all with the venue. We did only have the ceremony here so I cannot say how the reception service was. However, my husband said they had great beer!