The River Club

Scituate, MA

Book Your Wedding with The River Club

A BALLROOM IN SCITUATE, MA

The Pavilion is a beautiful outdoor ceremony site with a raised platform deck and white gazebo. White chairs are laid out for the guests who watch the couple exchange their views surrounded by stunning landscaped gardens. The Pavilion can accommodate 220 seated guests for a ceremony or up to 300 standing guests for a cocktail reception.

Three separate rooms combine to form the reception area. The cocktail room has a stone fireplace and a baby grand piano while a mahogany bar is in a second room. The bright and warm ballroom is elegant in its design with exposed beams, vaulted ceilings, a double-sided fireplace and hardwood floor. It features a stage for a DJ or band. Up to 220 seated guests can be accommodated indoors.

The River Club allows for a five- to six-hour reception and everything is on site to make planning the event an incredibly easy task. The experienced staff members are on hand to help and are flexible with any aspects required to personalize the day for the happy couple.

Numerous menu options are available to choose from and the chef is happy to accommodate special requests. Cocktail hour includes stationary and passed hors d’oeuvres. The seated meal provides a choice of seafood, meat, chicken, surf and turf and vegetarian entrees as well as two stationary hors d’oeuvres, side dishes and a coffee and tea station. The buffet includes three or four choices of seafood, chicken, meat and pasta dishes as well as side dishes, two stationary hors d’oeuvres and a coffee and tea station. A variety of sweets are available, such as a chocolate fountain, pie station, ice cream sundae bar and s’mores bar. For those who are still hungry in the evening, late-night snacks and munchies are available.

• No ceremony fee and no charge for a room; only food and beverage choices are included in the pricing
  • Only hosts one wedding per day so that guests have exclusive, private use of the facilities
  • A bridal suite is available

Your Wedding, Your Way, All 4 Seasons

Located between the beautiful coastal towns of Scituate and Cohasset, The River Club is a private venue for your South Shore Dream Wedding. We offer almost unlimited flexibility when planning your wedding. From the food, bar, timing, layout, and arrangements. We only host one wedding per day and you choose the time. We don't charge a room or ceremony fee, our pricing is simply based on your food and bar choices. •ONE EVENT PER DAY •300 GUEST CAPACITY •5-6 HOUR RECEPTION For outdoor ceremonies, you're sure to love our beautiful pavilion, cinderella stairs, and twinkle lights. For indoor ceremonies, our magnificent stone fireplace, chandeliers, hardwood floors, and vaulted ceilings. •Separate cocktail room •Two fireplaces •Sitting room •Baby grand piano •Rustic bar •Wrap around deck

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

78 Border Street, Scituate, MA (781) 545-1330

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Lauren H

WOW -- what a venue, what a team! I can not say enough about Angela and her team, they worked there butts off to make our day everything we dreamed of, from the service, to the decor, to the food, to the landscaping -- all of it was top notch!! Angela was right on the money... Read More the whole time, she really knows what she is doing and following her lead made our day run so smoothly and stress free! I thought it was weird to have meetings so far away from the big day and to deliver things about 2 weeks in advance, but boy was I very wrong -- I can not imagine doing it any other way, as it really made me prepared and gave me the week before my wedding to do so many other things, including much needed relaxing. At first I was not sure what I would do with a concierge, but Seg was literally the BEST! He was so professional and helpful and was there smiling with us all night long for everything and anything, any one in the wedding party needed. He got us drinks and held our flowers and even took boomerangs for us! This team is so professional, especially on the day it really matters. The venue was so amazing, and Angela had all sorts of little surprises I hadn't even thought off -- like petals down the aisle-- so sweet <3. Guests raved about the food (we got chic cordon bleu and scrod). Basically I think this venue and its staff are amazing to work with and that they will not disappoint.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Nicole M

I can't even believe our wedding night was real. It still feels like a dream! Literally everything was 100% perfect. Every weather forecast we could find called for rain all night, but somehow the rain let up just enough that it was ALMOST nice enough to have the wedding... Read More outside. Angela quickly stepped in and got everyone out to their seats and we started the ceremony early.. and just in time! As I walked up the stairs, the sun came out and the rain stopped completely. It was literally the most amazing moment of my life! Everything went completely smoothly from the ceremony to the reception. The wait staff was INCREDIBLE. Seg, who was our attendant for the night, was SO funny and SO helpful. We absolutely loved him! The bartenders were fantastic. Food was served so quickly and flawlessly. All of our vendors worked together harmoniously. It was honestly the best wedding I have ever been to (and I've been to well over 100... because I'm a wedding photographer!) Angela and her team went above and beyond to make our wedding the best night of our lives. I wouldn't change a single thing! Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who made our night perfect!

The Rive Club-Exceptional

Reviewed on 2/18/2014 Theresa F

I fell upon the River Club by chance. We were riding by and my mom asked me to just look at it. We had no appointment and drove up the beautiful drive to this stunning building with a white gazebo. We got out of the car and just started peering through the windows. Immediately I... Read More was blown away the elegance of the room and the space (3 separate rooms). Angela (the owner) saw us and graciously invited us in. She took the time to show us the space, talk to us about the venue and the amenities and even checked to see if they could accommodate my date (they could!). I left just knowing this was the right space and returned the following day with a deposit. My experience with Angela and the River Club since that first moment in September has been amazing. I truly feel as though I have become apart of Angela’s family. From inviting me to see the space numerous times to try out different centerpieces and table overlays to masterfully decorating the two stunning fireplaces in the cocktail room and main ballroom that I am using for my wedding and taking a personal interest in my ideas and helping with the seating plan, I could not be more overjoyed at the hospitality of the River Club. I feel completely at peace knowing that my wedding will be stunning and that Angela has my best interests at heart. I do not feel like another bride I feel apart of the family. This has been the best experience I have ever had. The personal touch that Angela and the River Club give to people makes this day even more special. A beautiful mahogany bar in one room (so bar shots do not end up in your photos), a long, cocktail space with a stone fire place and white baby Grande piano and a big ballroom that is bright and warm with another stone fireplace and stage for the band or DJ. The food was exceptional. I love my reception venue and I don’t think there is any place on the south shore or Boston that can match the love and care that Angela will put into your personal wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Stephanie E

We were married earlier this month at the River Club- it was a dream! We looked at several venues on the south shore- this was by far the best choice for us. We felt the pricing was very fair and comparable for the area- we had many choices to help us stay in budget. Angela was... Read More very attentive and helpful throughout the process and very organized with our event. She was so considerate about showing the venue to our friends and family before we decided to book. The day of the wedding went very smoothly! Everything was taken care of- I got to hang out in the bridal suite and relax before the ceremony. Bonus- there are multiple beaches within 5-10 minutes for taking beautiful photos! Cant say enough about how wonderful this venue was!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Karen D

I can't begin to say how amazing our wedding was! When my husband and I first pulled into The River Club it was exactly what we were looking for! Close to the water, absolutely beautiful indoors and out! Angela was absolutely amazing the ENTIRE planning process and made sure she... Read More knew exactly what we wanted and helped us with areas that we were unsure of. I never expected the treatment we received on our big day - ROYALTY! They made sure that we had everything we needed/wanted and that everything went smoothly. Our dreams absolutely came true that day and we would absolutely recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Tina T

Our Wedding Day was more perfect then we imagined. Angela was great from day one straight on through the end of our Special Day, she was a huge asset in the planning stages and her staff during our Ceremony/Reception were incredible. The River Club is an amazing venue in a... Read More perfect setting and my husband and I cannot thank Angela enough for making our day unforgettable. We would choose The River Club 10 times out of 10!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emma C

My husband and I had our wedding at The River Club this past spring. Angela, our wedding planner, was the most helpful and caring person. I looked at numerous venues in the south shore area and the minute I met Angela I knew it was going to be a smooth ride. The venue has a... Read More rustic theme with two beautiful fire places. The day of our wedding ended up being a little chilly but it made it that much cozier with the rustic look. It truly is a magical place and I would recommend The River Club to any future couples!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Nicole S

We had our wedding at The River Club earlier this month and we could not have been happier. Angela and her team are so professional - I didn't have to worry about a thing during the entire planning process and especially during our wedding - they had it completely under control.... Read More The venue itself is stunning and really lends itself to a party atmosphere! From what I ate and from what I heard from guests, the food was great! I can't say enough about this venue - it really was the perfect place for us to celebrate our wedding.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Kelly H

The venue is absolutely beautiful, the food is delicious and the staff were wonderful, but we consistently found one exception to that, Angela, who is in charge of the venue. Before we booked with her she'd respond to emails within hours, but after we booked with her it would... Read More take days and multiple emails to get a simple question answered. I had to remind her on multiple occasions that my mom was dead (which is hard enough for a bride planning her wedding but to have to explain it to Angela over and over again made it even worse, and every other vendor we dealt with was careful to take note of this fact). Our wedding was on a Sunday and she said the only option for a rehearsal was Thursday even though none of our bridal party or family would be in town until Friday. I understand that she has other events booked for that weekend but she didn't seem to care or offer any kind of alternative solution when I told her Thursday wouldn't work for us. She insisted that I bring all decorations to the venue two weeks before the wedding, but she wasn't able to be there. When we dropped them off she said she'd have an assistant meet us. When we got there we were greeted by the groundskeeper who was nice but wasn't able to answer any of our questions. I labeled all of our decorations with notes so Angela would know where they went but when I emailed her a few days after I dropped them off asking if she had any questions about my notes I got an email a few days later saying she hadn't looked at the stuff yet. As of two days before the wedding she hadn't looked at any of my notes so when I arrived on my wedding day I had to walk around and make sure everything was in its place since I didn't have confidence that Angela had followed my directions. Our reception was scheduled to end at 9pm and at the end of the night Angela was practically pushing us out the door. She made us and our guests feel so rushed out the door that our guests weren't able to stay to see my husband and off in our getaway car. Once we got in the car we looked at the time and saw it was only 9:15pm! I understand wanting the reception to end on time so the staff can clean up but we all felt so rushed out of there! Angela told my aunt and my brother that she'd ask her staff to help carry stuff (ex. gifts, decorations) out to the cars but really they just carried it just outside and left it on the curb. It was very obvious Angela was done with us and wanted us all out ASAP. As I said, the venue was beautiful, the wedding was perfect, everyone had a blast at the reception and of the staff was wonderful but if you book The River Club you should know that Angela’s coarse and uncaring attitude added to our stress level many times throughout the process. We would have liked to not have been treated as a number, but instead been shown much more care or personal interest. Luckily, the wedding was wonderful, and we are a very laid back couple that was able to contend with this, but just know what you might be getting into in terms of the person you’ll be dealing with.

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Holly S

Angela, the owner and coordinator, was able to take my husband's and my wishes for our wedding and bring them to life with little direction from us. I had so much anxiety about the centerpieces and decor being set up to our liking, but when I saw the room, I was relieved to see... Read More everything was so beautiful and perfect! Angela kept everything running smoothly, coordinating with the other vendors for us, and her team was very attentive to the wedding party and to any of our special requests. We were so thankful she allowed our dog to be a part of our ceremony, too. We heard so many compliments on how delicious the dinner options were. My only complaint was it was sometimes difficult to get a hold of Angela, as her voice mailbox was full and her responses to email weren't always timely. As an anxious bride, it would have eased my nerves to be able to get a hold of Angela in a more timely manner. But everything worked out perfectly in the end!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Sarah C

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! When I say that I literally could not have wished for a more perfect wedding, I'm not exaggerating. Angela was OVER THE TOP amazing to work with. So organized and went above & beyond everything I asked for. The day of the wedding was... Read More so organized and there were so many people who took care of everything for me that I had not a single thing to concentrate on or worry about. Angela made the room more beautiful than I ever imagined it could be. She was so considerate of every idea I had, she even went as far as to order accent details that I didnt even know I wanted, but once I saw it, was blown away. The affordability of this compared to other venues on top of the quality this place offers, literally can't be beat. If I could write a book thanking & complimenting them, I would. Every last detail was amazing & our friends & family all agree! The most perfect day of my life!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Erica D

Thanks to Angela and her team, my wedding was amazing!!! From the beginning, Angela was helpful in every single way. She never made me feel pressured to make a decision. She quickly responded to every email I sent her. On the big day, Angela and her team made everything run so... Read More smoothly. The food was amazing! I knew it was good from the food tasting but it was even better the day of. My guests loved the venue! I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to fit 237 people in there but we all fit and were comfortable the whole night! The fact that we were the only party on the premise really made the night even better. I still can't get over how great everything was. Thank you Angela and team for making my wedding the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Nikki B

Angela was the best! From beginning to end, everything was so easy & perfect. All within budget!! Great venue and the price is unbeatable. Would highly suggest to anyone! Definitely rent the house on the property for the wedding weekend. She rents it to the bride & groom.... Read More Great to get ready and have a place to go afterwards. We stayed the night prior to the wedding and the wedding night. Got all settled in before, made the experience great!! Thanks for making my wedding so perfect in every way :) The Gustafsons 06.18.16

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Leah M

From the moment i saw the rive club online i knew i wanted it to be my venue right away. it did not disappoint at all. from the minute i walked in to the venue and met Angela, the wedding coordinator and owner, she was so friendly and personable. each and every time after that... Read More she would always offer my now husband and i a big welcoming hug. throughout the whole process she was so accommodating and went out of her way. we rented the onsite river club house from thursday to Sunday. it was a nice four bedroom house that had two big living rooms and was nice and spacious. this was a big help because we had the rehearsal dinner that Thursday. after an amazing Italian dinner( different menu than wedding day ) we were all able to go back up to the house and continue to hang out after the rehearsal. the house was amazing to have because my bridesmaids and i were able to get ready there the day of the wedding. it was so convenient and great to have. the day of the wedding was so prefect. it was everything i wanted and was set up perfectly. throughout the whole wedding Angela and her staff were very attentive. during photos she would ask if my husband or i would want a drink or need anything. everything went according to plan and were able to have so much time for dancing. i would definitely recommend having your wedding here . it is the perfect venue and location on the south shore. thank you so much again for everything to Angela and the river club . Leah

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Kathleen M

My son and daughter-in-law got married at the River Club this past April. What a joy it was to not only see them get married but to see them have a beautiful day. We are from the south and my daughter-in-law is from the south shore. We didn't know what to expect from a venue we... Read More haven't seen, but The River Club exceeded our expectations. From the minute you entered the building to the food it was an all around spectacular day. The weather wasn't the greatest but they got married in front of this beautiful stone fireplace. Another thing I noticed, was how helpful all the staff was. The bartenders were very energetic and the bride and groom even had their own waiter. I forget his name (I think it's Efrom) and he made sure my son and daughter-in-law had everything they needed. I want everyone who sees this review to know I truly recommend the River Club to any future bride and groom.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Megan C

We are so happy we chose The River Club as our venue for our September 19th wedding. Angela and her staff are the nicest, easiest, and accommodating people to work with. Angela is available to help you with any questions you need and stands by you during the entire planning... Read More process up until you walk down the aisle! The grounds are absolutely stunning and well maintained! You will not be disappointed if you chose the River Club!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Moe P

My husband and I wanted a winter/spring wedding somewhere in the south shore. We looked at many different venues but the minute we walked into The River Club, we knew it was the one. Our vision was getting married somewhere inside, in a cozy atmosphere, and the fireplace at the... Read More River Club was exactly what we were looking for. It's absolutely beautiful and Angela, the wedding planner, made our journey even more magnificent. In my mind I wanted to a hire a wedding planner, but Angela was with us each step of the way to give us details and her best knowledge on how to make our day perfect. For our guests, I selected the chicken cordon bleu and filet mignon and it was to die for!!! I can't say enough about the River Club and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have "The Perfect Day". Thank you Angela and to all the staff for making my day perfect.

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

On behalf of our families, I wanted to again express our gratitude to Angela, George, and the staff for their efforts toward our daughter's wonderful wedding reception. So much time and effort goes into the planning of such an important event that expectations are especially... Read More high. Angela and Efram along with the River Club staff did not disappoint. From the first moment we met, we knew we were placing our trust in capable hands. Angela exudes warmth and caring and we appreciated her attention to all the little details that make an event so special and memorable and Efram displays the quiet, calm demeanor that puts everyone at ease. The River Club offered the perfect venue for our reception. The grounds looked beautiful and the venue suited the vision our daughter & son-in-law had for their wedding reception. The placement and arrangement of all of wedding accessories was handled with care and executed to perfection. We received effusive comments from our guests on the delicious food and service, how beautiful everything looked, and how accommodating staff was to all. The bride & groom remarked on the attention the staff provided to their needs and wishes. From beginning to end, the reception was a magical evening that made dreams come true! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Rebecca D

I cannot express how amazing The River Club was! We dealt with the owner/wedding planner, Angela and she helped us throughout the whole process! She understood we had no idea what we were doing and she guided us along the way the whole time. The food was exceptional, the staff... Read More was amazing, we also went across the street for pictures where our pictures came out absolutely breathtaking! Definitely an amazing place to have a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

The River Club logo is "where dreams come true" and I could not have said it better myself! My husband and I had the best day of our lives all thanks to Angela, George and her wonderful staff! The food was incredible, the staff was warm and welcoming, and our guests raved about... Read More it! They gave us everything we ever wanted and this is the perfect place to have your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Ariel V

I got married 2 weeks ago at The River Club. My wedding day was wonderful and the venue was beautiful. However, after dealing with the owner Angela, I would not recommend this venue to any other brides. Because I lived out of state, I had to communicate with Angela frequently... Read More over the phone. At first, she was pleasant. But as soon as I signed my contract with her, it became incredibly hard to get in touch with her. She took weeks to email/call me back and quickly became very snippy and rude. A week before my wedding, I finally was able to meet Angela in person to view the venue. The first thing I was shocked to find out upon arriving was that there is NO river/marsh view from the venue! You are not allowed to see the river until your wedding day, and even then, only your wedding party is allowed to cross the busy street to take pictures, and you must be escorted by 2 staff members. While at the venue, Angela continued to be VERY rude to me and my mom. She rolled her eyes and made offensive comments to us over and over again. Then on the day of my wedding, she freaked out and yelled at my mom in front of many of our family and friends. This was completely UNACCEPTABLE. On my wedding day, her staff showed up at my ceremony (different location) and one of her staff jumped right in the middle of everything going on and started taking tons of pictures on his iPad. Not only was he not invited, but he was getting in the way of my professional photographers. Then we get to the reception and Angela had promised 4 gluten-free meals for me and 3 others at my wedding and she did not come through with any of it! As the bride who has to eat gluten-free for health reasons, I was not a happy camper! After the wedding when my family was cleaning everything up, my dad loaded up his car and went back inside to get something he left and Angela yelled at him and tried to block him from entering again. There were so many things that happened because of Angela that day that I could go on and on about, but I think I've shared enough. I'll end this by saying that I SO wish someone would have shared with me what I am sharing with you before I chose this venue for my wedding. Had I know then what I know now, I never would have had my reception at The River Club.

The River Club- not on the river...

Reviewed on 9/21/2015

We had our daughter's wedding at the River Club two weeks ago. The venue is lovely and I have no complaints there. We had a lot of decorations that we didn't need to use. I do have to say, the venue description leads you to believe that the river view is accessible from the... Read More venue and it is not. The wedding party has to be walked over, across a busy street. It was a huge disappointment! The real issue came with the owner/manger, Angela. She was wonderful to my daughter on the phone in the beginning and then the changes started. She didn't return phone calls and made it difficult to get any answers. When we met with her to discuss things, she rolled her eyes at any suggestions or requests, and then spent her time on the phone. She was negative and had an attitude like no other. She embarrassed me, the mother of the bride, in front of many of my family and friends at the reception. She's just a miserable person and although I want everyone to succeed in their business', I have to share our experience so that the next bride-to-be doesn't have to...I'm still wondering why she and her partner showed up at the wedding ceremony uninvited- her partner walked around with his ipad taking pictures...really getting in the way of our professional pictures! (sigh...)

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

We had our reception at the River Club and when they say its a magical place, it really is! We met with Angela and she took us in right away and made us feel so comfortable and was completely interested in our wants/needs. Each step of the way she guided us to make our day... Read More perfect and how we imagined it. Our wedding photos were taken across the street in front of the river and they came out absolutely beautiful. I can keep going on and on about The River Club and I wish any future bride to pick this place!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

I don't even know where to begin with The River Club. I'll never forget the moment I walked in, I thought I was in a magical place! The food was delicious and the service was very helpful. It's such an amazing place and I would recommend it to anyone!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Jessica N

Best day ever! We had a great experience with the River Club! We worked closely with Angela the entire time and she was able to answer all of my questions. The out door space was beautiful and the reception space was stunning. Food was amazing! And the staff was kind and... Read More helpful. We felt a little rushed during some of the reception. But nothing that really bothered us. Our guest raved about our wedding and how perfect everything was. They did a great job dealing with the surprise thunder storm that came in right after our ceremony that also very briefly knocked out power during the reception. Couldn't recommend this place enough! Also was very affordable and Angela was very respectful of our tight budget.