The Wedding Authority

St. Augustine - Palm Coast- Jacksonville

The Wedding Authority

We know the perfect place to have the most beautiful wedding you can imagine. As a matter of fact, we know a dozen great places in the St. Augustine area to have beautiful wedding.We assist you from the Officiant to the honeymoon.The Wedding Authority team will make your dreams come true!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

75 King St Ste 114, St Augustine, FL St. Augustine - Palm Coast- Jacksonville (904) 826-0166

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sara M

We are so glad we decided to go the route of getting a wedding planner, and Dawn was really fantastic. Originally my mom planned on doing all the work, but it quickly got overwhelming. We met with Dawn and within 2 months, we had all of our major vendors picked. We actually... Read More even had several months of downtime because we were able to be so productive right off the bat. She was very responsive and available to answer even our dumbest questions. However, I think the biggest testimony I could give is that the day of our wedding, everything was in place, everything was beautiful, we had no little chores to do, and absolutely nothing went wrong; even down to the weather, Dawn had it on lock down! From a different perspective, all of the vendors we went with seemed very familiar with Dawn and really respected her. They seemed a little calmer knowing that she was running the show.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jenni D

Dawn Walker from The Wedding Authority was our Day of Coordinator and I, as well as my mother, sisters, and husband, could not be more pleased!! The entire process with Dawn from the planning, to the rehearsal, to the day of was just more than I could have ever hoped for. Dawn... Read More was sure to capture every detail leading up to the big day and made every, minor detail perfect on the day of. I am positive Dawn did way more behind the scenes than I could have ever imagined. For instance, the lighting I had bought for the table settings as the reception did not end up working and she had a back up plan and was able to get it all together without me even knowing until after the wedding (and it looked absolutely phenomenal). She was a very valuable asset to our wedding day as she helped decorate, get everyone where they needed to be (on time), and made sure that my family and I were completely stress free on wedding day. If she can coordinate a wedding in St. Augustine while the 450th Anniversary of St. Augustine was going on in the background, I am positive she could coordinate anyone's wedding. Dawn is worth any value! She even had an emergency tide-to-go pen when I spilled on my dress AND an emergency sewing kit when my bustle broke. She is incredible and we highly recommend her to any bride and groom!!

day-of-coordination

Reviewed on 1/26/2014 Chelle S

We were so happy with Dawn and the team at the Wedding Authority. Dawn made our day seem effortless and stress free. I'm pretty sure she's a mind reader, as she anticipated our every need!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Marci K

Carla is the best!! She helped us put together our wedding ceremony in the courtyard at the Lightner Museum. She was one of my favorite people to work with throughout the entire process. She was so sweet and accommodating. My only regret is not using her for coordinating the... Read More reception as well. I wish we would have. Thank you so much Carla for making our day a fairytale!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Cindy W

The Wedding Authority is the best wedding planners in the State of Florida. If you are getting married in St. Augustine you need to hire them. They are worth every penny, the professionalism, organization, knowledge and peace of mind you will have is worth it.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Samantha C

There are not enough good things I can say about the wedding authority. Dawn is absolutely amazing, professional, and passionate. There is no better wedding planner on the planet than Dawn! From start to finish, and even months before the wedding, she was so meticulous is... Read More helping us plan everything and make sure our wishes were carried out. She has great communication by phone and email, even though she is the busiest lady ever! Hiring the wedding authority will be the best thing you ever did for your wedding and you will find that Dawn goes over and beyond the role of a wedding planner. Thanks Dawn for being in our corner and really having our best interests in mind. You were truly and angel for us on our wedding day and I appreciate all your hard work!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Alexandra M

I cannot think of enough great things to say about the wedding authority!! Dawn was an absolute dream to work with! She was there from beginning to end! After the wedding the first thing I said was I could not do it without her! If you are looking for someone to trust to make... Read More your day a dream go to the wedding authority!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Lauren C

I contacted Dawn about 5 weeks before my wedding in a panic, in desperate need of someone to help with day-of coordinating after I realized it was to big of a task to ask family to take on. Dawn was an absolute life saver. She was sweet, reassuring, and completely calm through... Read More the whole planning process, and helped us plan out a perfect timeline for our wedding day. She even kept our rehearsal running smoothly when there was a mix up happening with the priest and the music director at the cathedral! Hiring Dawn to take care of our day-of coordinating was the best decision that I made in regards to our wedding, day, and I highly recommend Dawn and the Wedding Authority. She was so fantastic to work with, and I could not have gotten through all of the craziness of our wedding day without her!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016

I was an out of state bride trying to organize a reception event in St. Augustine. I am so grateful I found the wedding authority to help me with all of my questions and organizing needs. Dawn, Ashley and Carla were a blessing and I could not have had a successful reception... Read More without them. I didn't have the time to look at vendors, as I planned everything within 9 months, so I asked them to choose the most reasonably priced and reliable florist, DJ, baker and venue. I choose from their list and all of them were professional and outstanding in what they were able to do for my reception. I am a type A, organized to the T, not easy going bride and they were nothing but smiles and helpful when they would work with me. I wish I could get married again so they could organize another event for me!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Sarah H

Absolutely the best in the business! Everything went more smoothly than I ever could have dreamed. Every detail was attended to and both Ashley and Carla were very responsive. I never felt any stress from the earliest planning stages all the way thru the reception.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Stacy B

If you are planning to make St. Augustine your wedding destination, then look no further for your wedding planner! My mother and I had the opportunity to work with Dawn Walker, who is absolutely AMAZING! Our wedding would not have ran as smoothly as it did if it wasn't for... Read More her expertise. My husband and I were able to actually stop a few times and cherish all the special moments throughout the night because it flowed so well. All night long our guests were telling us how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun they were having during the reception. Dawn was such a pleasure to work with and collaborates so well with the other vendors in St. Augustine. Also, she did a fantastic job putting up with our crazy bridal party! That was a job in itself! I feel so thankful and blessed to have had Dawn be a part of our special day. :)

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

I can not begin to tell you how pleased we were having Dawn Walker, of The Wedding Authority, as our wedding planner. We live in Jacksonville,but with the wedding in St. Augustine we counted on Dawn for so many things (probably more than was in her job description)!! She is... Read More organized, thorough, calm and most importantly to me (the mom) she genuinely Cares!! Every detail was carried out to perfection! She handles things you wouldn’t even think of until it might be too late. Dawn is the ultimate professional, yet you feel like she is family!!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Kristy H

I live in Atlanta, but had my wedding in St. Augustine. As a bride, this a HUGE recipe for stress. But with Dawn Walker I could not have been in better hands. She was kind, organized and always responsive. Her vendor recommendations were 100% spot on. During my wedding weekend,... Read More no one could believe how calm I was--but that was all thanks to Dawn! She had a back up plan for rain, kept my groomsmen in line, and even made sure my flowers showed up at the right place (after I told them to go somewhere else). At my reception, my eyelash came unglued and EVEN then she quickly remedied the situation. Dawn is nothing short of amazing! You will not be disappointed having her as your wedding planner!!

Helped make the bride's dreams come true..

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Elena P

Carla was was sweet and patient in dealing with us planning a wedding from out of state. We wanted to have a small,intimate, yet elegant wedding for our daughter. Rev. Young did the ceremony like he had known the couple for years. Everyone commented on how lovely the chapel... Read More and surroundings were. I cannot thank them enough for being so flexible. It was all that we hoped for.

Venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Lindsay S

If you are looking for something vintage and romantic, you must choose this venue. Where we got married was on a bridge that was only for us and the reverend. It was very intimate and special.

So beautiful & Carla was fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Kristen M

Carla at The Wedding Authority was very professional, easy-going, and a delight to work with. She took the time to explain the ceremony process to the bridal party, and accommodated our guests very well on our special day. She stuck to our schedule and made several helpful... Read More suggestions in the planning process. She had solid back-up plans in case it rained. The Lightner Museum courtyard is absolutely gorgeous. We would definitely recommend her and The Wedding Authority!

Wedding authority

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Laura P

Wonderful place to get married!

The day of my dreams!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Tracy S

Bill, Carla and Dawn are WONDERFUL to work with! Dawn is a great calming force who remembers EVERY detail. I really thought it was too much to remember but she is organized and get everything done perfectly! We also used the Amore Chapel and Bill was our officiant. The chapel... Read More was perfect and Bill was AMAZING. I could not have been blessed with a better team than The Wedding Authority. Thank you for such a wonderful wedding!

Dawn Walker is WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Brandy G

I am a future bride (wedding in May 2014). I haven't even gotten to the nitty gritty with my wedding planning yet, but in the short time we have employed Dawn's Services (@ The Wedding Authority), we have been nothing short of blown away. I cannot wait to get to the actual... Read More wedding day, because I know there will be nothing to worry about and me and my wedding party can rest at ease knowing everything will be taken care of, to the very last detail. I cannot say enough about how amazing this lady is! No offense to any other coordinators out there, but I would highly recommend you ask for her personally, as I would not have ANYONE ELSE tending to my wedding business. WE LOVE DAWN!!!! -Brandy (Jax Bride, 2014)

Carla is great!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Patrick m

Carla was so helpful and an amazing wedding planner! She went above and beyond to make our special day great!

Nothing but the Best!

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Chantel D

When I began the wedding planning process, I knew I was going to need someone that would listen to my ideas and help make my vision come to life. I researched companies online and read reviews and was extremely impressed with The Wedding Authority. Upon setting up an... Read More appointment and meeting Dawn Walker, I was blown away by how quickly we meshed and I knew I had to work with her. Dawn is the sweetest southern belle you will ever meet and she is has a God given talent to plan weddings. It was because of her that our wedding was flawless! I truly couldn't image things being any more perfect than they were. She is the best package: a kind-hearted individual and a rock star wedding planner. I highly recommend The Wedding Authority and specifically Dawn to anyone! Thank you again Dawn for all of the time and devotion you put toward making our wedding a fairytale. I still can't believe at how amazing everything turned out. You are extremely talented at what you do and a pleasure to work with.

Coordinator

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Robbin G

I must say the day of the wedding they where on there game. But if you have a vision you need to make sure you stay on the details otherwise things will get dropped.

Best brand of wedding ceremony glue !

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Jennifer d

We had the ceremony at the Lightner Courtyard on the bridge, it was a interfaith ceremony, featuring a Rabbi and a Reverend, an uneven amount of groomsmen and bridesmaids, a little support animal in a dress and a few physically challenged fathers and a nervous groom and bride... Read More with little coordination and the beginning of shoe pain. Fortunately, we had Carla who is best described as the extremely important sticky stuff on the envelope of wedding ceremonies. She stuffed all my hard wedding planning work and totally sealed the deal ! I wish I could explain to you how she did it other than she is the best brand of wedding glue and it turned out incredible !

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Chelsea S

Barbara was very hepful in scheduling appointments with vendors as I was an out of town bride. Day of she was invaluable! She kept everything on time and all I had to do was dance the night away!

Exceptional Person and Vendor

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Claxton S

Our daughter and her husband had a beach "Destination Wedding" at st Augustine. We were on a tight budget and contracted with Dawn at the Wedding Authority for a very modest level of assistance. Dawn went far "above and beyond" the call of duty. She played a major role in... Read More making the wedding a really SPECTACULAR EVENT. We could not have done it without her help. She was exceptionally professional, incredibly organized and a genuine pleasure to deal with. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND DAWN and The Wedding Authority,