The Wedding Authority

St. Augustine - Palm Coast- Jacksonville

The Wedding Authority

We know the perfect place to have the most beautiful wedding you can imagine. As a matter of fact, we know a dozen great places in the St. Augustine area to have beautiful wedding.We assist you from the Officiant to the honeymoon.The Wedding Authority team will make your dreams come true!

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

75 King St Ste 114, St Augustine, FL
St. Augustine - Palm Coast- Jacksonville

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Sara M

We are so glad we decided to go the route of getting a wedding planner, and Dawn was really fantastic. Originally my mom planned on doing all the work, but it quickly got overwhelming. We met with Dawn and within 2 months, we had all of our major vendors picked. We actually... Read More even had several months of downtime because we were able to be so productive right off the bat. She was very responsive and available to answer even our dumbest questions. However, I think the biggest testimony I could give is that the day of our wedding, everything was in place, everything was beautiful, we had no little chores to do, and absolutely nothing went wrong; even down to the weather, Dawn had it on lock down! From a different perspective, all of the vendors we went with seemed very familiar with Dawn and really respected her. They seemed a little calmer knowing that she was running the show.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jenni D

Dawn Walker from The Wedding Authority was our Day of Coordinator and I, as well as my mother, sisters, and husband, could not be more pleased!! The entire process with Dawn from the planning, to the rehearsal, to the day of was just more than I could have ever hoped for. Dawn... Read More was sure to capture every detail leading up to the big day and made every, minor detail perfect on the day of. I am positive Dawn did way more behind the scenes than I could have ever imagined. For instance, the lighting I had bought for the table settings as the reception did not end up working and she had a back up plan and was able to get it all together without me even knowing until after the wedding (and it looked absolutely phenomenal). She was a very valuable asset to our wedding day as she helped decorate, get everyone where they needed to be (on time), and made sure that my family and I were completely stress free on wedding day. If she can coordinate a wedding in St. Augustine while the 450th Anniversary of St. Augustine was going on in the background, I am positive she could coordinate anyone's wedding. Dawn is worth any value! She even had an emergency tide-to-go pen when I spilled on my dress AND an emergency sewing kit when my bustle broke. She is incredible and we highly recommend her to any bride and groom!!

Reviewed on 1/26/2014 Chelle S

We were so happy with Dawn and the team at the Wedding Authority. Dawn made our day seem effortless and stress free. I'm pretty sure she's a mind reader, as she anticipated our every need!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Kristy H

I live in Atlanta, but had my wedding in St. Augustine. As a bride, this a HUGE recipe for stress. But with Dawn Walker I could not have been in better hands. She was kind, organized and always responsive. Her vendor recommendations were 100% spot on. During my wedding weekend,... Read More no one could believe how calm I was--but that was all thanks to Dawn! She had a back up plan for rain, kept my groomsmen in line, and even made sure my flowers showed up at the right place (after I told them to go somewhere else). At my reception, my eyelash came unglued and EVEN then she quickly remedied the situation. Dawn is nothing short of amazing! You will not be disappointed having her as your wedding planner!!

Helped make the bride's dreams come true..

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Elena P

Carla was was sweet and patient in dealing with us planning a wedding from out of state. We wanted to have a small,intimate, yet elegant wedding for our daughter. Rev. Young did the ceremony like he had known the couple for years. Everyone commented on how lovely the chapel... Read More and surroundings were. I cannot thank them enough for being so flexible. It was all that we hoped for.

So beautiful & Carla was fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Kristen M

Carla at The Wedding Authority was very professional, easy-going, and a delight to work with. She took the time to explain the ceremony process to the bridal party, and accommodated our guests very well on our special day. She stuck to our schedule and made several helpful... Read More suggestions in the planning process. She had solid back-up plans in case it rained. The Lightner Museum courtyard is absolutely gorgeous. We would definitely recommend her and The Wedding Authority!

Wedding authority

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Laura P

Wonderful place to get married!

The day of my dreams!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Tracy S

Bill, Carla and Dawn are WONDERFUL to work with! Dawn is a great calming force who remembers EVERY detail. I really thought it was too much to remember but she is organized and get everything done perfectly! We also used the Amore Chapel and Bill was our officiant. The chapel... Read More was perfect and Bill was AMAZING. I could not have been blessed with a better team than The Wedding Authority. Thank you for such a wonderful wedding!

Dawn Walker is WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Brandy G

I am a future bride (wedding in May 2014). I haven't even gotten to the nitty gritty with my wedding planning yet, but in the short time we have employed Dawn's Services (@ The Wedding Authority), we have been nothing short of blown away. I cannot wait to get to the actual... Read More wedding day, because I know there will be nothing to worry about and me and my wedding party can rest at ease knowing everything will be taken care of, to the very last detail. I cannot say enough about how amazing this lady is! No offense to any other coordinators out there, but I would highly recommend you ask for her personally, as I would not have ANYONE ELSE tending to my wedding business. WE LOVE DAWN!!!! -Brandy (Jax Bride, 2014)

Carla is great!

Reviewed on 5/26/2013 Patrick m

Carla was so helpful and an amazing wedding planner! She went above and beyond to make our special day great!

Nothing but the Best!

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Chantel D

When I began the wedding planning process, I knew I was going to need someone that would listen to my ideas and help make my vision come to life. I researched companies online and read reviews and was extremely impressed with The Wedding Authority. Upon setting up an... Read More appointment and meeting Dawn Walker, I was blown away by how quickly we meshed and I knew I had to work with her. Dawn is the sweetest southern belle you will ever meet and she is has a God given talent to plan weddings. It was because of her that our wedding was flawless! I truly couldn't image things being any more perfect than they were. She is the best package: a kind-hearted individual and a rock star wedding planner. I highly recommend The Wedding Authority and specifically Dawn to anyone! Thank you again Dawn for all of the time and devotion you put toward making our wedding a fairytale. I still can't believe at how amazing everything turned out. You are extremely talented at what you do and a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Robbin G

I must say the day of the wedding they where on there game. But if you have a vision you need to make sure you stay on the details otherwise things will get dropped.

Best brand of wedding ceremony glue !

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Jennifer d

We had the ceremony at the Lightner Courtyard on the bridge, it was a interfaith ceremony, featuring a Rabbi and a Reverend, an uneven amount of groomsmen and bridesmaids, a little support animal in a dress and a few physically challenged fathers and a nervous groom and bride... Read More with little coordination and the beginning of shoe pain. Fortunately, we had Carla who is best described as the extremely important sticky stuff on the envelope of wedding ceremonies. She stuffed all my hard wedding planning work and totally sealed the deal ! I wish I could explain to you how she did it other than she is the best brand of wedding glue and it turned out incredible !

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Chelsea S

Barbara was very hepful in scheduling appointments with vendors as I was an out of town bride. Day of she was invaluable! She kept everything on time and all I had to do was dance the night away!

Exceptional Person and Vendor

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Claxton S

Our daughter and her husband had a beach "Destination Wedding" at st Augustine. We were on a tight budget and contracted with Dawn at the Wedding Authority for a very modest level of assistance. Dawn went far "above and beyond" the call of duty. She played a major role in... Read More making the wedding a really SPECTACULAR EVENT. We could not have done it without her help. She was exceptionally professional, incredibly organized and a genuine pleasure to deal with. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND DAWN and The Wedding Authority,

The cost is DEFINITELY worth it!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Betsy R

The Wedding Authority office is located right in the venue we chose to use, the Lightner Museum. Our wedding planner, Dawn, made every detail go so smoothly the day of the wedding. I don't know how we would have managed without her. We had originally planned to do the wedding... Read More ourselves without a planner but in hindsight that would have been so stressful and would have impaired my memories of that day! We had a destination wedding, so having someone there on the ground stopped me from losing my mind! Dawn knew all of the vendors in the area and recommended the ones she thought best fit what I told her I was seeking. The load of pressure that she absorbed for us on the day made every penny we spent worth it! It took her a bit to get used to our "get it done now" attitude (we were finalizing details 8 months before the wedding) so at first she was a bit slow in responding to emails, but she adjusted quickly once we spoke with her about it and it was smooth sailing from there! We will forever love Dawn for all her help.

Fairytale Wedding at the Lightner Museum

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Lynne S

Words cannot describe how amazing Dawn, with the Wedding Authority was. She was definitely the key to making our wedding day a day to remember!!!! She was well-organized and provided the comfort and guidance that we needed. Our St. Augustine wedding was a “destination wedding”... Read More as I live in Cocoa Beach and my family is all in Atlanta, so it was very difficult for us to plan and handle things from there. Dawn’s attention to all the details gave us the fairytale wedding we had dreamed of!! No detail was too small for her to handle. (I had a lemonade stand for guests as they came in, and she even took care of making sure that was all set up.) She was there throughout the reception until the last guest had left – handling everything from helping to seat the guests all the way through – even making sure our horse and carriage was on time for us to leave. Using the Wedding Authority as our planning service allowed my husband and I and our parents to have a stress free day. My mother was able to spend the day with me, never once having to worry about or handle any of the details. Dawn was with me throughout the entire wedding process and I can honestly say I don't know what I would have done without her. I truly believe that she was as excited about our wedding as we were!

Love them!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Sheila M

I had Dawn as my wedding coordinator and I love her! She was fantastic and made sure I was on top of everything I needed to do. She set up all of my vendor appointments for me, and did all of the "dirty work". My wedding was flawless and literally everything I wanted. Dawn is a... Read More majority of the reason it went so well. She is super sweet, and made sure to keep in touch over the year we were in contact, before the wedding. She even had a gift bag for my bridesmaids and me the morning of the wedding. Little gestures like that make it really special. Honestly I am a little sad that the wedding is over because now I don't have a reason to talk to Dawn! The package deal that I did through the Wedding Authority was a great deal! My wedding wouldn't have been nearly as wonderful if I hadn't had the Wedding Authority and Dawn!

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Jennifer G

The people at The Wedding Authority made my life (and my mother's) so much easier! They were there with us every step of the way and helped to recommend our caterer, cake artist, DJ, and officiant. During the wedding, Barbara and Karla were there to ease my nerves and made sure... Read More all of the wedding party knew what they were supposed to do. They kept the ceremony flowing perfectly and took care of everything so my family and I could enjoy the wedding. Barbara made sure my husband and I had appetizers waiting for us after we took the photos. These ladies are wonderful and I would recommend them to everyone!

We Love Rev. Bill Young!

Reviewed on 3/31/2012 Emily B

We used Reverend Bill Young for our wedding day and he is so wonderful! The minute we met reverend Bill, we felt like we had known him for years. He is so easy to talk to and immediately puts you at ease. On the day of our wedding he was fabulous and really made the wedding feel... Read More so personal and intimate. He put us at ease and made sure we were comfortable every step along the way. He is truly an amazing man and Reverend and we are so happy that we found him for our wedding. We would HIGHLY recommend him to any and everyone!

Reverend Bill Young was awesome!

Reviewed on 1/08/2012 Amy R

I'm not sure about the other services that the Wedding Authority provides, but Reverend Bill Young was so genuine and wonderful! He has a beautiful ceremony that he typically uses, but was very open to additions and modifications. Our guests all commented on how beautiful and... Read More heartfelt the ceremony was. I definitely recommend the rehearsal the night before!

Bill was fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Jennifer C

I chose to have my ceremony at the Lightner Museum courtyard and in doing so, was introduced to The Wedding Authority. They specialize in weddings around the St. Augustine area. We could have chosen our own officiant, or go with the one that the Wedding Authority provides. After... Read More meeting with Bill Young, there was no doubt in our minds that we would choose him to conduct our ceremony. He lightened the mood, conducted with grace, and left everyone feeling content. I definitely recommend this vendor.

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Idanelly G

Rev. Bill Young was amazing!! We were recommended him by our friends whom had him as their officiant. We met him just a few times and he came along with our package for the lightner musuem, but it was a great deal that he was the one that would marry us. He was very open to our... Read More suggestions and made our ceremony one we would never forget! Thank you for everything!!

Not true wedding planners

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Heather M

If you want a wedding planner do not go to them. I had to do everything on my own!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Clayton D

They are the Best in St. Augustine hands down !!!