The Wimbish House

Banquet/Reception Hall, Mansion/Historic Site

1150 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA

Beautiful House, Flexibility, Good Value

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Laura B

We wanted a venue that could host our ceremony and reception. We thought having something more like a house than a ballroom would allow our guests to have the space to eat and dance and the usual but to also sit and chat without screaming or leaning across those massive 60 inch round tables. The Wimbish house worked very well. Karin answered all our questions and helped us arrange the day just like we'd hoped. We had the ceremony downstairs in the ballroom and guests came upstairs to the main part of the house for some hors d'oeuvres and champagne until the ballroom was flipped for the ceremony. Afterwards we were able to enjoy the whole house. Music was downstairs along with food. We had food and bars upstairs and downstairs and were even able to use the porch. The house does have a preferred vendor list but was willing to work with others. They also allowed us to bring in our own alcohol which helped keep costs low. All in all, I loved how flexible the space and the policies were. It definitely gave us the freedom to orchestrate our day the way we'd imagined it.

Couldn't have been better

Reviewed on 12/14/2012 Shannon B

Easy to work with, affordable, plenty of space for event and getting ready and, most importantly, BEAUTIFUL!

beautiful mansion in downtown atlanta

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Diana S

My husband and I moved out of state a few days after our engagement. So when the wedding planning process began, it was our parents who would travel to venues, take pictures, and send them to us. We had our parents travel to quite a few different locations, but as soon as we saw the pictures from The Wimbish House we knew our search was over. The Wimbish House is absolutely stunning inside, and it accommodated the amount of guests we wanted to have perfectly. There is also a certain charm that surrounds the house that is often hard to come by, and we also loved the fact that it is a mansion surrounded by the skyscrapers of Downtown Atlanta. Our guests were exceptionally impressed with the Wimbish House and complimented the venue immensely. The only thing to watch out for is that there is a nightclub that also hosts private events right near by and if you are planning to have your ceremony at the Wimbish House, make sure it doesn't clash with any events at the nightclub, because if it does you may have some seriously unwanted bass coming through during your ceremony. We didn't have any issues with noise from next door, but I figure this is something other brides might want to know. Overall, we were so happy and pleased with the Wimbish House,it was the perfect venue for us, and we couldn't have imagined having our wedding anywhere else.

The perfect place!

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 jo ellen h

We loved the Wimbish House...beautiful, classic, well organized, "different"....would choose this place again.

Love!

Reviewed on 8/04/2012 Sarah H

The Wimbish House was the perfect location for my wedding. It suited the needs of my family, friends and guests. The ambiance was beautiful and the character of the house added such detail to my wedding day. The Wimbish House is extremely organized and ready to help make any wedding day a sucess. The location is perfect for a "city" wedding and made it fun for my out of town guests. The pictures proved what a perfect location the Wimbish House was for my wedding!

Gorgeous backdrop for a wedding

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Christine R

I was very happy with our choice to use The Wimbish House as our wedding venue this May. The house is absolutely gorgeous, so you hardly need any decorations at all (all we used were photos to put in the frames they provide, and our centerpieces!). Beth Beery, who will be your contact there, is extremely well organized but also a bit strict/stern with their rules and whatnot. Overall we were thrilled with the venue, but we did find it more expensive than we would like.

Traditional Elegance in a Modern Setting

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Clarissa S

The Wimbish House is a beautiful venue! If you like traditional elements, but want to incorporate some modern aspects, then this is a great place to do both of those things. The rates are reasonable and you still have the freedom to choose your own vendors. It's definitely for smaller weddings, 150 guests or less. The only disappointment was the event coordinator, who wasn't the most pleasant.

Wimbish House

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Anna L

The venue was beautiful and staff was very accommodating. The only thing that bothered me is that they set up way too many chairs for the ceremony--knowing that the number of guests attending was about half of the number of chairs they set up.

Definitely recommend the Wimbish House

Reviewed on 6/26/2011 Lara C

I highly recommend having your wedding at the Atlanta Women's Club (we always call it the Wimbish House). We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there. I was a little nervous about the room flip, but it went very smoothly and the room was transformed! The place was beautiful and needed very little decoration. Beth was great to work with and helped us think through a lot of the logistics. A lot of our guests were from out of town and they were excited to go to a wedding in the city where they could walk to the hotel and to a lot of attractions. Basically, the location was awesome, the people were very helpful and friendly, the space was gorgeous and we would 100% recommend this venue for ceremony and reception!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 3/17/2011 bonnie g

Our ceramony and reception were both at the Wimbish House. Beth the Host is amazing to work with. She was there every step of the way for anything we needed. The House is beautiful and has so many places for amazing pictures.

Lovely

Reviewed on 3/10/2011 Octavia I

I really enjoyed this venue. It was very beautiful on the outside as well as the inside. This venue made me feel like a princess. The only thing is parking. Eventhough parking is assigned directly behind the venue, the security guard didn't direct the guest well on parking, so they would park in the parking lot next door which was more money than the assigned parking lot.

Convenient and flexible

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Lindsay B

Beth Beery at the Wimbish House was wonderful to work with. The best thing about this venue is that they let you bring your own alcohol in, and the place is so beautiful inside that you don't have to spend a lot to decorate it.

Perfect

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Natalie B

Wimbish House provided the perfect venue for both our ceremony and reception. The staff was so helpful leading up to the day and the day of the wedding. The venue perfectly fit our 100 guests and gave us intimacy that is hard to find in most venues in the city.

Rating for Wimbish House

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lisa B

Review for Wimbish House

Reviewed on 10/30/2008 Erin P

I loved that it was a pretty well kept mansion. It was the perfect size for the crowd I wanted to have and it didn't need much decoration from us to be beautiful.;The site backs up to a night club. During out ceremony at 6PM they were thumping techno music. Luckily I was in too much of a jitter fog to notice. I highly recommend amplifying the officiant and soft-spoken speakers for this reason.

TO The Wimbish House