Union Trust

Philadelphia, PA

Book Your Wedding with Union Trust

Finley Catering, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers several locations for ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers and other wedding related events. The available locations range from traditional ballrooms to expansive lawns, making Finley Catering a versatile catering option for couples hosting a formal wedding in Philadelphia. Finley Catering is the preferred caterer for several indoor and outdoor locations in the Philadelphia area.

Ballroom at the Ben. Ballroom at the Ben is a formal ballroom with chandelier lighting and a mezzanine overlooking the ballroom for prefunction cocktails. This space is an option for ceremonies and receptions with up to 1,000 attendees.

Crystal Tea Room. The Crystal Tea Room offers an atrium and a formal ballroom with columns, chandelier lighting and a dance floor. This space accommodates up to 900 guests.

Union Trust. Union Trust is a historic location with high ceilings and chandelier lighting, along with several indoor spaces for ceremonies and receptions. In the formal ballroom, Union Trust accommodates up to 180 guests. Several other spaces are available for more intimate events.

The Clothier Room. The Clothier Room has traditional decor, chandelier lighting and a dance floor. A patio is available for uncovered, outdoor ceremonies and receptions or the ballroom is available for the event. The Clothier Room accommodates up to 500 guests outdoors or up to 250 guests at an indoor event.

Ballroom at Ellis Preserve. The Ballroom at Ellis Preserve is a traditional space with Greek Revival-style architecture. Couples can host the ceremony outdoors on the lawn before moving into the ballroom for a seated reception. Indoor ceremonies are also an option.

Couples interested in hosting an event at any location offered by Finley Catering should contact the caterer directly. All food and beverages are provided by Finley Catering. Food options include plated dinners, hot and cold stations, butler-passed hor d'oeuvres, and sit-down or buffet-style dinners. The wedding cake, desserts and bar packages are also included. The site fee at the Ballroom at the Ben, the Crystal Tea Room and Union Trust includes linens, tables, chairs, glassware, setup, cleanup, and many additional items. Couples should consult with Finley Catering or the chosen venue to determine which items to provide for the event.

Finley Catering offers a range of locations for the ceremony and reception, along with a range of catering options for the event. Benefits of choosing a location offered by Finley Catering include:

• Ability to select venue based on personal tastes and theme of wedding
  • Custom wedding cake provided by local bakery included with catering
  • Flexible, professional staff assist in planning and hosting event for a flawless day

Simply the Best..

Finley Catering is the exclusive caterer to the CRYSTAL TEA ROOM, BALLROOM AT THE BEN, and UNION TRUST. We work personally with you to invent the reception that you have envisioned, and to bring those dreams to a reality.

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

717 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 627-5100

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Justine A

We cannot say enough about Union Trust and Finley Catering!! Stacey and Thomas were amazing and made our day that much more magical! The venue is breathtaking and the food and staff are amazing! The whole process was stress free and they took care of every reception detail... Read More allowing me to focus on other wedding things!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Elizabeth K

We held our wedding reception here on 10/14/2017 and could not have been happier. From the first time we stepped foot in Union Trust over a year and a half prior, we knew this would be our venue - not only it is absolutely gorgeous, but the Finley team is wonderful to work with... Read More and really focuses on what is important to you. Leading up to our wedding, we had the pleasure of working with Stacey who was helpful, responsive, and easy to work with. She made us feel at ease with every small question we had. Thomas was our matire'd and he is extremely professional but easy to work with - and has a great sense of humor! The week of the wedding we went through every detail of the evening so that we felt at ease and spent our reception time in the way we wanted. On our wedding day, everything was perfect - Thomas greeted and placed a focus on our parents, grandparents, and wedding party. The food was absolutely amazing and every detail was taken care of. Our guests raved about the food, ambiance, and service they received and we are still receiving compliments weeks later. Thank you to the Finley team for the best day of our lives, we could not be more grateful!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 michelle r

We recently had our wedding here at Union Trust. I could not have picked a better venue! Everything from our first meeting to the day of the wedding went smoothly, Thomas and Stacey were so easy to work with. We are still getting compliments from our guest on every aspect of our... Read More day. We couldn't of done it without the entire staff at Union Trust, who were extremely kind and a pleasure to be around. Thank you for making our day one we will never forget <3

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Sarah S

Michelle and Thomas made our wedding a dream come true! From the very beginning they made everything so easy, and eliminated the stress of wedding planning. Every person who attended our wedding commented on how delicious the food was, and how gorgeous the venue was. I cannot... Read More thank Michelle & Thomas enough for making our day so incredibly special. I wish we could go back and do it all over again!! Union Trust is a breathtaking venue, and Finley Catering will make your day everything you want!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Rachel C

The first second I walked into Union Trust I was blown away!! It has historic architectural beauty with high vaulted ceilings, ornate decorated walls, a beautiful 2nd floor bar with elegant windows, and a marble staircase, all enhanced by lighting that highlights the maturity... Read More and elegance of the space. Incredibly, this was all matched by Finley Catering's event planning, day of service, and cuisine! I truly am so impressed by Finley Catering's team and Union Trust. I truly feel that they created my perfect dream wedding that was so unique, special, and different from any other wedding I've been to. I worked with Stacey Lee Mullen who was an incredible resource prior to the wedding and the day of. She went over ever detail and was very responsive to email, phone calls, and meetings. Not only was she professional, organized, and kind, but she genuinely was passionate about planning my wedding, shared in the excitement, and made the experience fun and full of joy! I also worked with Thomas Fowler, the Maitre d’, who did an incredible job running the show at Union Trust. He met with us in person the week of the wedding and helped personalize the event to accommodate our timeline and helped create the desired atmosphere for the event. While everyone always says the bride never eats at her own wedding...I did not miss out on this! Delicious:) Our guests are still raving about the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres which included 10 passed hot and cold appetizers and 3 stations including a raw bar. Finley Catering made sure to stock the bridal suite with all the appetizers and drinks so we were able to sneak away for a moment of post-wedded peace and sample our favorite snacks. For the sit down dinner we chose to serve a kale salad, crab cakes, filet mignon, a side of broccolini, and mushroom risotto. We continue to hear how delicious the food was from all of our friends and family! Having the top shelf bar included in the pre-arranged pricing package is incredible. This includes it all! Multiple draught and bottled beers, wine, champagne, everything you could have at a regular bar, and a specialty cocktail of your choosing. The 2nd floor bar really highlights the beauty of the venue and is such a unique space for the cocktail hour. Most importantly, we had so much fun! We were able to be guests at our own wedding. We danced all night and Stacey and Thomas took care of any issues that may have arisen. Everything seemed to go seamlessly! After the 1 hour cocktail hour and 4 hour reception, we opted to choose the additional 2 hour after party which included additional food, continued top shelf bar (for a total of 7 hours!), and a DJ. Best decision ever. This was when we could really let loose, have fun, and spend even more time with our guests (almost all of them stayed!). Overall this venue and catering company made our wedding more romantic, fun, and epic than I could have ever imagined.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Marissa P

If I could give Union Trust and Finley 10 stars, I would. From the first walk through at Union Trust last year to the final dance at our wedding on 4/15/17, Thomas Fowler, Stacey Lee Mullen and all of the Finley crew were exceptional. They anticipated and took care of every... Read More detail and let us (and our 175 guests) enjoy every minute of our wedding celebration! After we asked Stacey if we could arrange for a somewhat unique ceremony (no processional, just a small ceremony by our siblings on the dance floor, with our guests standing around the floor and on the mezzanine), she and Thomas brainstormed with us to make sure it was pulled off in the smoothest way possible. Our guests have been raving about the exceptional food (from lobster tails to lamp chops, ice cream sundae bar to termini bros. wedding cake), the consistently superb service (special thanks to our personal attendant Marcy!), and the sheer beauty of the dedicated space that allowed our guests to mix and mingle freely throughout the night. Not only did Finley provide excellent help and advice leading up to the actual day of our wedding, their minute-to-minute execution on our wedding day was inspired: from the private room with hors d'oeurves and drinks for us and our immediate family prior to the ceremony, to supplying us with extra phone chargers at a moment's notice, to handling all of the timing and transitions directly with the DJ so the event seemed to glide from ceremony to cocktails to toasts to dinner and dancing. They thought of and handled everything so we could focus on our ceremony and our guests. We cannot thank Thomas and his staff enough for their enthusiasm and elegance in coordinating this event. Finally, I must emphasize that the value of Finley's flexibility, creativity, coordination, production, and delivery of a magical night for us and our guests was truly remarkable, and we are so thankful for their warmth, ease, and attention to detail in helping us celebrate our wedding.

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Kattie P

The moment we walked into the Union Trust we knew this was the perfect venue for our wedding. Not only is the space beautiful and unique, but everyone we worked with was amazing. Stacey and the rest of the Finley Catering team made the planning process so easy and stress-free.... Read More We never had any worries that our night would be perfect. The day of the wedding was flawless, the food was amazing and our guests are still talking about the amazing cocktail hour (5 months later)! We cannot recommend this venue highly enough.

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Amber L

I can't believe it took me so long to write a review for Union Trust. The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking. It was everything my husband and I envisioned for our wedding day. The team at Finley Catering is also amazing. Stacey helped us with every little detail leading up... Read More to the big day and Thomas and his team gave us the best possible service. The food was delicious and you get a ton of it! Our guests continue to rave about our wedding when they see us and we got married 4 months ago. Thank you Finley Catering!!!

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Kristen C

We had our wedding at Union Trust on 12/3/16 and WOW, it was the most perfect day! Right from the beginning- Stacey, the wedding coordinator, was so easy to work with. She was professional, responsive, and offered suggestions throughout the whole planning process. The tasting... Read More they offer was very delicious and helped us narrow down our food ideas. On the day of, Stacey and her team put together an amazing day. Everything was set up exactly the way we wanted and our timeline was respected, so we had plenty of time to dance. There was delicious food galore! Thomas, the Maitre d’, and Lisa, the bridal attendant, made sure the wedding party was taken care of before and during the reception. Lisa helped figure out my bustle, which saved the night! I also have a dietary restriction and they accommodated me with no problem. I even had my own special bread. The venue itself is GORGEOUS! Our guests still are commenting how beautiful the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food!

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Amber T

Union Trust was amazing for our rehersal dinner. I cannot stop talking about the food, nor can our wedding party! It was the best dinner that I have every had. We had a wonderful experience with Union Trust and they had a great menu for our dinner. The staff were amazing and... Read More made sure that everyone was satisfied the entire night. The atmosphere is wonderful and very intimate. We had our own private room, which was beautiful and we were not disturbed by anyone. What a great restaurant!