Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

Kernersville, NC Triad/Metro Area (336) 817-0353

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Sadie M

My bridal party (4 bridesmaids, 1 maid of honor), my officiant, my mom, my mother-in-law, and I all had our hair and make-up done by Updo's in April 2017. Amanda was extremely responsive by phone (both calling and texting) in scheduling. She sent us a team of 3 (Tori,... Read More Savannah, and Sarah). Tori was AMAZING at looking at a photo of a hairstyle and translating it into something ridiculously similar (some were even better). Our two make-up artists were fantastic. They were patient and kind, and they were willing to re-do anything. They could also listen to vague explanations of makeup that my girls wanted and translate them into gorgeous makeup! The team was on time, professional, and fun. We enjoyed spending a few hours with them and were very pleased with the final result. Thank you thank you thank you!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Bethany F

Grace was fantastic both for my trial and for my big day. These ladies were fantastic and fun and moved through the bridal party with ease and without us feeling rushed or stressed.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Michelle B

I loved the response time and initiative in the beginning, but I was NOT a fan of the execution. Amanda was not very friendly, she did not really talk to much to us. She seemed frustrated when we asked her to redo anything, which happened a lot, which gave her an attitude.... Read More They were responsive so I will give them that, but I was a pretty laid back bride, I wasn't demanding but I was not happy with the over all results. I had to redo my makeup, (the make up artist was very nice), and my hair had more hairspray in it then I have ever used in my life time. It did come out nice, but felt like plastic. Probably wouldn't recommend. I really am not one to write terrible reviews but I thought I should share.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Audrey N

Absolutely loved Updos! They did an amazing job and were very easy to work with. The girls and I had a great time getting our hair and makeup done! Everyone was very friendly! I would highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Rosie E

We looked beautiful! The ladies did a great job with our hair and makeup. It was very convenient that they came right onsite at the venue to do everyone's hair and makeup. That is exactly what we wanted. Everyone in the group has to start and stop at the same time (a 3ish hour... Read More process for 9 people), which is a little non-traditional when you consider standard hair and makeup appointments. It just meant the moms couldn't leave early like had been discussed. Also the $25 "deposit" doesn't go towards your final bill - it's a reservation fee.

LOVE!

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Emily C

One associate of Updo's came on-site for my wedding day to do both my hair and makeup. She was amazing! I was very appreciative of her friendly attitude and high energy. It was just what I needed that morning. She was knowledgable and efficient. She offered great ideas, but... Read More ultimately let me make the decisions. She wanted me to be 110% happy! I was amazed at how I looked that day! I think this was definitely worth the price. Way beyond value! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Updo's went above and beyond my expectation! I am curtain that no one in this area other than Updo's could have made me and my bridal party so beautiful on my wedding day! I would highly recommend!

Great job!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Jes B

My wedding was outside, and it ended up being one of the hottest days of the summer. Fortunately, my hair and makeup as well as all my bridesmaid's hair and makeup stayed perfectly put (no melting!) despite the heat. We have Updos to thank for that. The money is worth it!

Perfect and Fun!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Laura N

These girls are the real deal! They got to our venue ahead of time and got all my girls done within a reasonable time. Everyone looked PERFECT. The trial didn't even do my wedding hair justice. It literally looked amazing on the first try. I'd suggest booking them. Fun girls... Read More that do great work!

Best hair and makeup experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 sandy h

I was in a wedding last spring and was very apprehensive about getting my hair and makeup done, as I am very picky and have had a few bad experiences. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the service the fabulous Updo girls provided! They did a phenomenal job with my hair,... Read More and I loved my makeup! They brought in a team of girls, and had our party of eleven done in two hours! Our hair and makeup lasted all night, and I even wore my updo the next day :) I would highly recommend them for your wedding day beauty services!

Talented and friendly

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Shannon M

The ladies of Updos were very talented at both hair and makeup. All the bridesmaids looked amazing and I was very happy with my own hair/makeup. They were very friendly and easy to work with especially with all the craziness of family that morning.

Perfect Hair and Makeup!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 diana w

Updos Studio was the perfect hair and makeup choice for my wedding! They worked with me to schedule a convenient time for the initial trial, and Amanda understood immediately exactly what I wanted to do with my hair and makeup. They replicated that look for the wedding without... Read More issue and it came out beautifully - I felt like a princess! They gave the bridesmaids (and mother of the bride) hairstyles on the day of as described - I was recently in a wedding where the salon gave many of the bridesmaids different hairstyles because they couldn't do the brides request (a simple french braid!) so I speak from experience when I say that the Updo's crew did the same beautiful hair exactly as I pictured it! They came to the venue on the wedding day and the team was punctual, efficient, friendly, and accurate. I was very pleased to have worked with them.

Very satisfied with their services!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 jennifer h

I used this company for my recent wedding and had a wonderful experience. Amanda showed up with a team of artists on time and worked so fast and efficiently we were all blown away! They were very fun to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Brooke L

Brides, if you want a worry and stress free experience, choose UPDOs. Their staff is amazingly talented as well as awesome people. They work hard to give you exactly what you want! I had a trial run and Amanda was able to help get exactly what I wanted. I started with a style... Read More that I thought I wanted, but she was able to make a few changes that made it look so much better than I ever thought my hair could! I was so excited about my style. My hair stayed perfect the entire day, even in the midst of the rain, heat, and humidity. My bridal party was EXTREMELY happy with them as well. All of my bridesmaids loved their styles and make-up. I had a wide range of girls in my wedding and they accommodated the different personalities with the hair and make-up. A friend of mine loved it so much, she is using them for her wedding. The staff is so friendly and works hard to make whatever you want a reality. Super talented and sweet people!!

Updo's is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 ashley h

Updo's never fails to create amazing hair and makeup! I have used their services for three events including my own wedding! These ladies are amazing!

So glad I went with these girls!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 lindsay w

I have been using Updo's services since high school and I've never been disapointed. I'm so glad we picked them to do the hair and makeup for the bridal party on my wedding day. It was such a stress reliever to be able to just come, sit down, and be pampered for a little while... Read More before I said "I do." Everyone looked so beautiful and I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup. I also used Updo's for my bridal portraits and Amanda Gatewood was so great, I wish she could do my hair and makeup everyday! I'm so thankful for all they did and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who would ask me!

Never Had Better Hair/Makeup

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Sharon W

I dealt with Amanda, the owner of Updo's. They area mobile hair and make up service. I had a trial hair and make up with Amanda at her home (professional studio area within) and then had her team come and do my hair and make up for the wedding. They also did my three... Read More bridesmaids, daughter (FG), and my mother's hair and make up. I have my hair and make up done several times a year for formal events that I attend and have NEVER had better quality than these girls. My make up lasted throughout the night and my curls lasted 3 days!!! It was nice to only have to touch up my hair for the first few days of my honeymoon. I felt that their prices were more than reasonable and they were kind but efficient on my wedding day. They were on time and got everyone done without making them feel rushed. She swept in and out of the event so seamlessly that people even asked who did my hair and make up because they never saw anyone! LoL I would recommend Amanda and her crew to anyone needing hair/makeup for their wedding. She was so kind throughout the whole process and dealt with my constant decision change on my hair. Since I lived 2.5 hours away from my wedding venue...she communicated via email very well.

Amanda and Ashley were AWESOME!

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Christine R

Updo’s did amazing hair and makeup for my wedding! We were fortunate to have Amanda do hair and Ashley do our makeup! Amanda was amazingly fast at putting up my hair and my two sister’s hair. Not only was it quickly done, but it was beautiful and stayed throughout the night!... Read More My sisters had updo’s, but my hair was down, so it passed the true test when I was dancing and sweaty and my hair STILL looked great! Ashley did gorgeous makeup for my sisters, my mom, and myself! She was so nice and made any changes we wanted. I was somewhat picky about how I wanted my makeup done and she didn’t make me feel bad about asking for many, small changes. Both of them were incredibly sweet and we felt like we were hanging out with friends, mind you incredibly talented friends! I was so grateful that I chose Updo’s to do our hair and makeup for the wedding and I would recommend it to other girls in a heartbeat!

Hair and makeup were perfect!

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 lindsey p

I was 100% satisfied with the hair and make up done by Updo's for my wedding. My hair, which was a low side bun, was exactly what I had asked for. It was both elegant and whimsical. Updo's was also able to incorporate my grandmother's brooch into the hair style, which... Read More added a touch of sentiment. Each bridesmaid had their hair pulled up in a bun, but I had requested different heights. Updo's easily accomplished the task by placing one bun on the top and the other lower on the nape. The hairstyles suited the dresses that each girl wore. The mother of the bride's updo was just perfect for the shape of her face, her age, and for the formality of the event. Not only did the hairstyle look elegant, but it held its shape all night. Additionally, the entire wedding party was thrilled with their makeup. No one was overdone, just the right amount of color without looking theatrical.

Would not recommend

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Casey D

I chose Updos to do the hair and makeup for my bridal party and mothers and I was not pleased with the service I received. Firstly, the team came in and was very unfriendly with me and my party, barely speaking to us but rather speaking solely to each other about other... Read More brides/appointments. When I asked Amanda to fix my hair because I did not feel it looked right (like we had done in the trial run) she clearly became frustrated with me and kept her attitude the rest of our session. I have a large back tattoo that I paid extra to have airbrushed so it would be covered for my Catholic ceremony. It took over an hour to airbrush my back tattoo and shortly after the team left, while putting on my dress, my whole back began to crack and chip off, leaving sections uncovered. They did not bother to blend the makeup either making it more of an eyesore than professionally done. We had to take my dress off and scrub the makeup from my back making me late to the ceremony. When my mother attempted to contact Updos about our problems they didn't respond, resulting in me sending an email while on my honeymoon. They then said it was my fault for "not sitting still enough". As an easygoing bride I was extremely dissatisfied and unhappy with the services they provided. Although the value was a good deal, I wouldn't recommend Updos to a friend.

Vintage Theme Wedding

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Michelle

I had Updo's Studio do my trial as well as my wedding Hair & Make-up. Plus I had them do my mothers hair and my mothers-in-laws hair and two of my bridesmaids. Their services were great and I was very comfortable with them. I was glad that my friend had referred me to them. My... Read More husband loved my hair & Make-up for the wedding he said they brought out my natural beauty. I would refer them to anyone because of how professional they were.

Awesome Experience with this Company

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Ashley L

These girls were willing to travel out of state to do me and my bridal parties' hair and makeup. They were phenomenal! Absolutely great experience and they put me at such ease on that day! Would definitely recommend!

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013

Everyone was great to work with and really made an effort to make everyone happy and satisfied! Really enjoyed working with them and would HIGHLY recommend them!

These girls Rock!

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 cynthia m

On time, friendly and very talented! These girls rock! Would highly recommend them!

Fast and Amazing Stylists!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2013

The ladies were amazing. They were very quick at doing hair and make-up. My bridesmaid were very happy with the way their hair and make-up. I was extremely happy with the way my hair was for my wedding and for my bridal portraits. I would recommend them to anybody who is... Read More getting married or in need.