Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Kernersville, NC Triad/Metro Area (336) 817-0353

Reviewed on 1/19/2018 Lucy K

Updo's is an absolute treasure in the world of beauty. In our search for who could truly elevate our look for wedding day, EVERYONE recommended Updo's. From our bridal portrait session to wedding day hair and makeup was like a true hollywood experience! The team of stylists came... Read More fully equipped with all things beauty and transformed Mothers of bride and groom, our matrons of honor, and most importantly our bride into beautiful visions. I loved that we could show a picture as an example and this team of talented ladies were able to recreate the look. It was such a pleasant experience from point of contact to day of. Updo's are experienced professionals that were prompt and completed hair/makeup in a timely fashion-which is so very important when bridal portrait & wedding day has a strict timeframe, their approach is calm and they have wonderful sense of humor! :) You immediately feel relaxed and confident that this team of beauty professionals know exactly what they are doing and they make you feel BEAUTIFUL on your most important day! Praises for Updo's! Blessings to you all for continued success!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Ariel N

Overall I was very pleased with Updo's on my wedding day. My hair and makeup lasted from 3pm to 11pm and looked great! They ladies that came out were very nice and made sure that everyone was pleased with their looks. I think my mom had her hair changed 2 times before she found... Read More a style she liked. The only negative thing I experienced was when I went in for my trial run. I spent about 30 minutes there and most of that time was just makeup. Amanda came in at the last minute and threw my hair up into an updo. It felt very rushed and not friendly...maybe she was having a bad day?? I felt like I couldnt tell them I didn't like it because they were ready for me to go. After that I contemplated on whether or not to use them for my wedding day. However, it was pretty late in the game to make changes and overall they had good reviews. I didn't have any other problems and, in the end, I was happy with what I got.

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Lisa S

The team of girls were extremely nice. I had my hair and makeup done, five bridesmaids hair and makeup, the mother of the bride, the mother of the groom, the grandmother of the groom, and a flower girl. We had exchanged inspiration photos with the owner well in advance prior to... Read More the wedding since we were unable to do a trial run as we lived all the way across the country. Unfortunately, my hair looked nothing like the photo, but it ended up working out anyway. All of the bridesmaids were unhappy with how their makeup turned out; however, the girls were very accommodating in making those changes. Some of the wedding party actually took off all their makeup and undid their hair to redo it. In all honesty, it is hard to have another person do your makeup and hair as you yourself know what looks the best.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Leslie J

Amanda and her team were wonderful to work with! The staff was very friendly and punctual. They made myself, as well as, my multiethnic bridal party look stunning and capture our natural beauty. They made sure they were capturing the look I wanted for my wedding. I highly... Read More recommend Amanda and her team!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kimberly W

Amanda and her girls were amazing. SO fast, execution was perfection and everyone had compliments on their hair. Each girl had a unique style yet they all went together. Extremely pleased! Thanks, Amanda!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Sydney E

Updo's Studio did an amazing job for my bridesmaids and I. We were all able to take photos of the hair and makeup we wanted and they made it happen! We all felt so beautiful and had a great time getting ready!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Amber M

I love Updo's Studio! I hired them for my wedding and they also did my hair for my sister's wedding. They did such a wonderful job on everyone's hair & make-up. I had no complaints and would highly recommend them to everyone! Great work!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Courtney C

Amanda & her team are absolutely incredible. They were extremely flexible & made sure I was getting exactly what I wanted during my trial. Amanda always kept in constant contact with me before my big day. On the day of my wedding, her & two other ladies came to do hair & make-up... Read More for me, my bridesmaids & mother of the bride. Their work turned out amazing & were incredible professional. Worth every penny & more!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Kate T

Updo's did a fantastic job on my wedding day hair and make-up, as well as 7 updos for each of my bridesmaids! During my trial they listened and gave suggestions to help me create the exact look I wanted after looking at a few inspiration pictures. The day-of, the Updos team was... Read More efficient, skillful and professional!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Sadie M

My bridal party (4 bridesmaids, 1 maid of honor), my officiant, my mom, my mother-in-law, and I all had our hair and make-up done by Updo's in April 2017. Amanda was extremely responsive by phone (both calling and texting) in scheduling. She sent us a team of 3 (Tori,... Read More Savannah, and Sarah). Tori was AMAZING at looking at a photo of a hairstyle and translating it into something ridiculously similar (some were even better). Our two make-up artists were fantastic. They were patient and kind, and they were willing to re-do anything. They could also listen to vague explanations of makeup that my girls wanted and translate them into gorgeous makeup! The team was on time, professional, and fun. We enjoyed spending a few hours with them and were very pleased with the final result. Thank you thank you thank you!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Bethany F

Grace was fantastic both for my trial and for my big day. These ladies were fantastic and fun and moved through the bridal party with ease and without us feeling rushed or stressed.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Michelle B

I loved the response time and initiative in the beginning, but I was NOT a fan of the execution. Amanda was not very friendly, she did not really talk to much to us. She seemed frustrated when we asked her to redo anything, which happened a lot, which gave her an attitude.... Read More They were responsive so I will give them that, but I was a pretty laid back bride, I wasn't demanding but I was not happy with the over all results. I had to redo my makeup, (the make up artist was very nice), and my hair had more hairspray in it then I have ever used in my life time. It did come out nice, but felt like plastic. Probably wouldn't recommend. I really am not one to write terrible reviews but I thought I should share.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Audrey N

Absolutely loved Updos! They did an amazing job and were very easy to work with. The girls and I had a great time getting our hair and makeup done! Everyone was very friendly! I would highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Rosie E

We looked beautiful! The ladies did a great job with our hair and makeup. It was very convenient that they came right onsite at the venue to do everyone's hair and makeup. That is exactly what we wanted. Everyone in the group has to start and stop at the same time (a 3ish hour... Read More process for 9 people), which is a little non-traditional when you consider standard hair and makeup appointments. It just meant the moms couldn't leave early like had been discussed. Also the $25 "deposit" doesn't go towards your final bill - it's a reservation fee.

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Emily C

One associate of Updo's came on-site for my wedding day to do both my hair and makeup. She was amazing! I was very appreciative of her friendly attitude and high energy. It was just what I needed that morning. She was knowledgable and efficient. She offered great ideas, but... Read More ultimately let me make the decisions. She wanted me to be 110% happy! I was amazed at how I looked that day! I think this was definitely worth the price. Way beyond value! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Updo's went above and beyond my expectation! I am curtain that no one in this area other than Updo's could have made me and my bridal party so beautiful on my wedding day! I would highly recommend!

Great job!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Jes B

My wedding was outside, and it ended up being one of the hottest days of the summer. Fortunately, my hair and makeup as well as all my bridesmaid's hair and makeup stayed perfectly put (no melting!) despite the heat. We have Updos to thank for that. The money is worth it!

Perfect and Fun!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Laura N

These girls are the real deal! They got to our venue ahead of time and got all my girls done within a reasonable time. Everyone looked PERFECT. The trial didn't even do my wedding hair justice. It literally looked amazing on the first try. I'd suggest booking them. Fun girls... Read More that do great work!

Best hair and makeup experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 sandy h

I was in a wedding last spring and was very apprehensive about getting my hair and makeup done, as I am very picky and have had a few bad experiences. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the service the fabulous Updo girls provided! They did a phenomenal job with my hair,... Read More and I loved my makeup! They brought in a team of girls, and had our party of eleven done in two hours! Our hair and makeup lasted all night, and I even wore my updo the next day :) I would highly recommend them for your wedding day beauty services!

Talented and friendly

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Shannon M

The ladies of Updos were very talented at both hair and makeup. All the bridesmaids looked amazing and I was very happy with my own hair/makeup. They were very friendly and easy to work with especially with all the craziness of family that morning.

Perfect Hair and Makeup!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 diana w

Updos Studio was the perfect hair and makeup choice for my wedding! They worked with me to schedule a convenient time for the initial trial, and Amanda understood immediately exactly what I wanted to do with my hair and makeup. They replicated that look for the wedding without... Read More issue and it came out beautifully - I felt like a princess! They gave the bridesmaids (and mother of the bride) hairstyles on the day of as described - I was recently in a wedding where the salon gave many of the bridesmaids different hairstyles because they couldn't do the brides request (a simple french braid!) so I speak from experience when I say that the Updo's crew did the same beautiful hair exactly as I pictured it! They came to the venue on the wedding day and the team was punctual, efficient, friendly, and accurate. I was very pleased to have worked with them.

Very satisfied with their services!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 jennifer h

I used this company for my recent wedding and had a wonderful experience. Amanda showed up with a team of artists on time and worked so fast and efficiently we were all blown away! They were very fun to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Brooke L

Brides, if you want a worry and stress free experience, choose UPDOs. Their staff is amazingly talented as well as awesome people. They work hard to give you exactly what you want! I had a trial run and Amanda was able to help get exactly what I wanted. I started with a style... Read More that I thought I wanted, but she was able to make a few changes that made it look so much better than I ever thought my hair could! I was so excited about my style. My hair stayed perfect the entire day, even in the midst of the rain, heat, and humidity. My bridal party was EXTREMELY happy with them as well. All of my bridesmaids loved their styles and make-up. I had a wide range of girls in my wedding and they accommodated the different personalities with the hair and make-up. A friend of mine loved it so much, she is using them for her wedding. The staff is so friendly and works hard to make whatever you want a reality. Super talented and sweet people!!

Updo's is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 ashley h

Updo's never fails to create amazing hair and makeup! I have used their services for three events including my own wedding! These ladies are amazing!

So glad I went with these girls!

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 lindsay w

I have been using Updo's services since high school and I've never been disapointed. I'm so glad we picked them to do the hair and makeup for the bridal party on my wedding day. It was such a stress reliever to be able to just come, sit down, and be pampered for a little while... Read More before I said "I do." Everyone looked so beautiful and I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup. I also used Updo's for my bridal portraits and Amanda Gatewood was so great, I wish she could do my hair and makeup everyday! I'm so thankful for all they did and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who would ask me!