The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Villa Ragusa, a huge banquet facility in Silicon Valley, is in the city of Campbell, California, near San Jose and the San Francisco Bay Area. It covers an amazing 12,000 square feet of space filled with elegant European décor. The limestone and granite foyer, fine mahogany woodwork, sprawling dance floor and spacious open-air balconies are awe inspiring.

The venue is a popular location to hold a wedding ceremony and reception, and the space customizes to hold small groups of 75 guests or large groups of up to 600 guests. Several rooms are available for reservations, and each includes a private bridal suite and balcony access. Every rental space includes large windows that provide natural lighting in addition to the light from gorgeous chandeliers.

The Campbell Gallery and West Gallery each hold up to 175 seated guests, making each room just right for a small, intimate ceremony, reception or both. Each room has large windows and glass doors that provide plenty of natural light.

The East Gallery is a bit larger and holds up to 250 seated guests. This space has gorgeous chandeliers, a huge built-in dance floor and the largest bar at the venue.

The West Gallery Combination is 7,000 square feet and seats up to 350 guests. It includes the combined use of the West Gallery and the Campbell Gallery.

The East Gallery Combination encompasses 8,700 square feet and seats up to 475 guests. It consists of the East Gallery combined with the Campbell Gallery.

The Grand Gallery is the largest option for the bride and groom. It includes exclusive use of the entire 12,000 square feet of venue space with seating for up to 600 guests.

Renting the Grand Gallery, Campbell Gallery, East Gallery or one of the combinations provides access to one of the beautiful, dark wood bars.

Wedding packages at Villa Ragusa include:

• Juices and soft drinks
  • Sparkling cider and champagne toast
  • House wine
  • Dinner rolls with butter
  • Two butler-passed hors d'oeuvres
  • Cheese and cracker display
  • Tea and coffee station
  • Tablecloths and napkins in matching theme colors
  • Votive candle and mirror centerpieces
  • Cake cutting service

Seated wedding dinners with in-house catering include:

• Hors d'oeuvres
  • Mixed baby greens salad with apples, nuts, Feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette
  • Entrée of filet mignon with tarragon sauce, roasted salmon with lemon butter sauce, or prime rib with horseradish cream
  • Fresh seasonal vegetables and wild rice pilaf
  • Rolls with butter
  • Beverages

Bar service packages are available and include wine, beer and cocktails.

Wedding coordinator services include:

• Menu planning assistance
  • Guidance in choosing preferred vendors and arranging services
  • Final meeting to go over timeline, room layout and menu

The finest reception hall in Silicon Valley

Villa Ragusa, in all its exquisite features and elegant ambiance, is a picturesque setting for your wedding. Centered in the historic downtown Campbell, our luxurious full service facility offers everything essential to ensure an absolutely unforgettable day.

Ballroom

Bow2008 09

35 S 2nd St, Campbell, CA (408) 364-1900

One happy April Bride

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Jaclyn R

We had our wedding reception at Villa Ragusa on April 13, 2012 in the East Gallery. We had searched for months and looked at close to 15 different locations before deciding on Villa Ragusa. When we walked in, it felt right. The size of the room is large, but not overwhelming.... Read More The built-in bar and dance floor are beautiful and help complete the room so it doesn't feel like another banquet hall. Hilary was our contact at Villa Ragusa and she was great! She always responded in a very timely manner and if she didn't have the answer, she found out and got back to me ASAP. Week of wedding: We had a few changes to our head count and Hilary was very understanding and helped us with solutions to still help us meet our minimum. She was patient and really great to work with. Hilary really did help make it much less stressful than it could have been. Day of wedding: We used Hilary as our day of coordinator at Villa Ragusa and just like the review above, she was fantastic!! I did not have to worry about a thing! She coordinated with all of the vendors, had the timeline right on schedule and really made it worry-free for me husband, my mother and for me! Food: We had a variety of passed Hors d'oeuvres, as well as a cheese and fruit display. Our guests said the appetizers were great, but my husband and I did not have any, as we arrived a little later than our guests. For dinner, we chose the filet mignon and the chicken del monte. Steak is always a bit hard to serve to a large group at one time, but ours was very good. What surprised us the most was how tender and moist the chicken was. We did do a food tasting a couple of months before, but I don't remember the chicken tasting that delicious. Needless to say, we were super happy with our choices. Unfortunately, I used the same color sticker to indicate the children's meals from the vegetarian meals, thinking the servers would be able to distinguish the difference, but they didn't and two of the children received large pasta portions that they did not eat. Be sure to NOT use the same color for the kids & vegetarian meals. :/ Also, two of our guests did not receive the meal that they had chosen. Sadly, I think this happens at a lot of weddings due to the fact that people either forget what they chose or change their minds on the spot. Either way, Hilary was able to get them their desired meals and it was freshly cooked. It did take a bit longer than the rest of the meals, but she did her best to get it out quickly and our guests were very understanding. Alcohol: We did decide on the finest bar package for our guests and everyone was so pleased with the variety of choices. If you can afford to upgrade to the finest package, do so, it is worth it. Ultimately, my husband and I had the BEST day of our lives and loved having our reception here. It is a bit pricey, but we wanted to indulge and have our reception at a venue we loved. And weddings are expensive, so plan accordingly and do your best to stick within your budget. Thanks Villa Ragusa for an unforgettable evening!!

Villa Ragusa

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 gina b

Hilary at Villa Ragusa is fabulous! We hired her as our day-of-coordinator and our reception went so smooth because of her. She took care of all the other vendors and contacted them days and even weeks prior to the event. The salon has a beautiful built-in bar and dance... Read More floor. Hilary was able to upgrade us at a special rate since our guest list was growing. The guests loved our food--which was not late! I couldn't have asked for more!

It was beautiful

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Diane F

The banquet facility was beautiful. Everything was set up the way that we had requested and the guests enjoyed themselves. The only thing that we were not happy with was that we requested that the appetizer tables be fully stocked at all times and at times it didn't look like... Read More there was enough food for people to get. They had promised us that they would take care of this from the beginning but people still had to wait around for them to replenish the trays.

Wonderful Customer Service

Reviewed on 3/22/2011 Stephanie D

We recently got married at Villa Ragusa, and I wanted to say the banquet coordinators were wonderful. Our guest count was more than we originally anticipated; and Maria Slade, the banquet coordinator, was very flexible. I did quite a bit of the communication through e-mail,... Read More and she promptly answered all of my questions. Not only can the venue accommodate a large party, but the costs are explained up front. I was able to keep track of my reception budget at all times. It was a great experience to work with them.