Walker's Bluff

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

A full-service wedding location and winery in the countryside, Walkers Bluff in Carterville, Illinois, offers flexible spaces on a 300-acre estate. Within a 10-mile drive from a variety of southern Illinois hotels and inns, Walkers Bluff accommodates bridal showers, engagement parties, wedding ceremonies and receptions. The tranquil landscape, rolling hills, vineyards and unique spaces offer scenic backdrops for wedding photography. Wedding ceremonies can be accommodated on the expansive lawns, in the gazebo, in the Enchanted Forest or framed by a barrel arch in the Wine Cave. Walkers Bluff accommodates approximately 300 guests.

An award-winning internationally traveled and trained chef blends flavors in affordable fashion for Legends Restaurant. Ingredients are selected and sourced from the finest ranchers and fisheries. Classic American cuisine melds with European tastes and Asian influences. Walkers Bluff California Wines are available for tasting and serving at receptions.

is a stately fine dining restaurant offering an extensive wine list and signature cocktails. Arched wooden barn doors with decorative wrought iron screened sidelights flank a stacked stone fireplace in a warm space lit by ceiling chandeliers and candelabras. Padded leather seating and ornate wood trim add elegant detailing to the stylish venue.

is open from noon to 10 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. The Tasting Room offers a full-service bar with craft beers, wine selections and cocktails. The ornately carved wooden bar, originally imported from Italy, is steeped in history from centuries ago. Seating options are vast with high-topped booths, patio seating, bar perches and intimate tabletops.

is located adjacent to the Tasting Room beyond a waterfall on the other side of the hill. Ornate arched wooden plank doors with intricate wrought iron details open to reveal elegant spaces and an extensive hall of archways. A circular bar offers 360-degree seating at the center of the cave, and light pours through an oculus in the ceiling at certain times of the day. Observation balconies provide insights into the Walkers Bluff wine production, and the bride and groom can pose for photographs among the wine barrels.

is a large covered outdoor pavilion and an idyllic location for rustic open-air weddings. Sturdy wooden trusses and columns frame a simple and beautiful venue. Its close proximity to parking makes it a perfect setting for 250 to 300 guests.

To schedule a tour of the site and the grounds, contact the wedding event coordinators. Onsite parking is available and valet parking is complimentary. Walkers Bluff is an outdoor live music venue, so guests are able to inquire for information on scheduled bands, or book a favorite for the wedding. Venues can be combined to customize events. Walkers Bluff is kid-friendly and dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free and vegan, are easily accommodated.

Amenities for Walkers Bluff include:

• Liability insurance
  • Bridal suite
  • All-inclusive wedding packages
  • On-site accommodations

Weddings at Walker's Bluff

We are Southern Illinois' premier wedding destination offering full service wedding planning! With our amazing venue selection such as The Enchanted Forest, The Tasting Room, Wine Cave, Legends and over 300 acres of beautiful land, the possibilities are endless! Let us take the stress out of planning a wedding, from choosing wedding décor to deciding on catering and drinks for your guests, our wedding coordinator will be with you every step of the way!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Park, Restaurant, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

14250 Meridian Rd., Carterville, IL (618) 956-9900

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Jacquie W

Our wedding was in May of this year and I can confidently say, it was pulled off by a fantastic staff who knew exactly how to coordinate the most important day of our lives!! Kelcey, the event coordinator, was always within reach if we ever had a question or request during the... Read More planning process, which says a lot because I know she is probably a very busy person! The day went off without a hitch- the set up crew, Cathie and Kelcey followed all my requests in regard to decor. Many guests loved the venue- the tasting room, wine cave, and outdoor patio. Many people said it was the best wedding they had ever attended! We are so happy we chose Walker's as our reception venue as they were very easy to work with and always great about ensuring our expectations were met. Excellent venue with professional, very accommodating staff. We wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

I had my wedding at Walker's Bluff just a few weeks ago and I cannot say enough good things about this beautiful venue and amazing staff. Throughout the whole process Kelcey and Stephanie were amazing with communication and meetings, answering all of my questions quickly and... Read More helping me plan. They took care of literally every detail. The day before my wedding I dropped off a bin of decorations and supplies and they completely handled all set up and take down without needing direction or guidance. They truly can create a gorgeous wedding and they think of everything. The food was exceptional. We had a complimentary tasting beforehand and they were so accommodating and ensured that we really got exactly what we wanted. Our cake was gorgeous and looked exactly like the picture we gave. The day of the wedding Stephanie took charge and allowed me to truly enjoy my day with my family. She handled all issues without assistance from me or my bridal party and kept us on track. She took gorgeous pictures and the Bridal Suite is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in. During the reception, Stephanie coordinated with the DJ and made the evening go so smoothly, and also provided guidance to my photographer who at times was less than professional. My bridal party was running a bit late to head to the ceremony so Stephanie sent us off in the limo and she packed all of our things from the bridal suite and cleaned and then packed all of our cars with our belongings while my family and I enjoyed the reception. I honestly could not have had a more beautiful wedding or a more positive experience with this venue. I recommend it for any occasion. When I called to inquire about their wedding package Kelcey called me back almost immediately and it was so nice to have her guide me through this process, she is an EXCEPTIONAL and very professional event planner. They truly know what they are doing. I will also say that our final bill was not a penny over the quoted price and they provided a few things I forgot like the cake cutting tools for me at no charge. They were warm and accommodating to all of my guests, even ones who were maybe a bit rowdy towards the end of the night. Overall they made me feel welcome and thankful for my business and I feel like I got an amazing value for my cost. They will make you feel like family at WB, go book your wedding there right now!!!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Talia W

Our wedding at Walkers Bluff was on 10/08/16 and it was truly fantastic. The decor looked like a movie. Kelcey, Stephanie and Ellen are a superb combo and worked so well together to bring everything together. The ceremony in the wine cave was the most romantic moment I had ever... Read More walked into. There was a few small bumps in the road, but in the staff worked together to remedy most of the issues.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rachel M

I had my wedding at Walkers Bluff on 08/06/16 and it was perfect! Kelcey and the staff were absolutely great to work with. They made sure the day went off with out a hitch and the day turned out perfect!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Tori B

My wedding was exactly a year ago, August 2015. Kelcey and her event staff did an incredible job and I never would have been able to pull off such a beautiful wedding without their help! Walkers Bluff did a great job making sure everything was so relaxed the day of and went... Read More above and beyond to accommodate my wishes. I could not have asked for a better wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Ashley T

My wedding was in April 2016 and it was absolutely amazing! Kelcey and her event staff were so professional, attentive, and extremely helpful. I couldn't have had a better 'best day ever' and I owe it all to walkers bluff!