Is this your business? claim it now

Walt Disney Concert Hall

Los Angeles, CA

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

111 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Roy B

My wife and I had our first date at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. The day after we got engaged we started researching venues, when we saw that it was possible to have a wedding at this beautiful place we had our hearts set on it. It was a little confusing at first, knowing who... Read More to contact and why, but the websites and brochures really helped. I didn’t understand that Patina was the exclusive caterer for the venue and all booking was done through them. In hindsight that worked out very well because it meant dealing with one less vendor. Venue and catering in the same vendor was an unexpected win. I was a little leery of Patina at first. I had seen their super fancy restaurant at the Disney Concert hall and worried it would only be dishes like liver pate being passed around. However the tasting eased all of those worries. The menu we could choose from was very diverse and had something for everyone. I went into the tasting hoping I would “tolerate” the food (that’s on me, I am just a picky eater!), however I ended up loving everything. My wife never doubted Patina, she is an admirer of good food, so it was fantastic that we both ended up loving the food. We worked closely with Jo Ann at Patina for about 9 months. It was a little difficult to secure a date, but that was because we were at the mercy of the LA Phil not yet nailing down their schedule. We had a fantastic wedding planner (A Signature Wedding) who worked very closely with Jo Ann and together we were able to lock down a date that worked for all of us. This was our dream venue, but to be responsible we did research 10 other venues to get competitive rates. We felt we needed to have something in our back pocket in the event that the Disney Hall was out of reach. We were pleasantly surprised that Disney Hall/Patina was competitively priced against other similar venues. The day of, the staff was fantastic, very friendly and eager to please. They had a rundown of the day’s events and knew exactly where to be. The day went swimmingly well and we didn’t have any problems with the venue, or the food and beverage. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so memorable!

Stunning venue, wonderful staff

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Glenn C

The Walt Disney Concert Hall was already special to us, as we've been going to concerts there since it opened. Our favorite date night, and a magnificent building, inside and out. When we found out they do weddings, we called immediately, and with a stroke of luck were able to... Read More get our first choice date, just 5 months hence. The entire staff, from the event and catering manager to the ushers, were delightful. The manager met and spoke with us as often as we needed, arranging everything we wanted and making it easy. It is a union hall, so there are extra fees here which some venues don't require. But it's well worth it; you get what you pay for. They went above and beyond all we expected. Patina does the catering here. And how amazing is that?! The tasting was spectacular, up there with the best meals we've had (we're serious foodies), and plated like artwork. It was tough to decide, but we couldn't really go wrong. Wedding food is usually, well, just that. This was fine dining. We'd always heard that the couple never gets a chance to eat at their own wedding... but no way were we missing out! We made sure we did, thankfully. (They do cakes as well, but we brought in from another vendor we loved.) The ceremony was in the lovely rooftop garden, with iced tea and lemonade service beforehand. Hors d'oeurves and drinks were served inside, by the main bar on the second floor. The reception was held in the stunning BP Hall with its swirling wooden curves and folds. With such striking architecture, you don't need to do much at all to make it festive. Just a minimum of flowers and a bit of creative lighting made it magical. At our advance request, they even arranged to tour our guests through the main concert hall, so visitors could get a peek at how grand it is. Other tidbits: the WDCH is easy for people to find, is handicap accessible, and has far more than enough parking. Can't recommend this unique venue highly enough. Everyone absolutely loved being there. And now, every time we go for a concert, we remember our wonderful wedding. Though we're admittedly a bit disappointed when we come down the curved grand staircase and crowds don't clap for us like they did at the wedding.

Review for Walt Disney Concert Hall

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Linna M

A very unique and artistic pre-concert hall;It's county owned, therefore lots of Union fees involved, and if you want to use candles during the indoor reception, you'll have to get approval from the fire department.

Start a Conversation!