Waterfront Hotel

Food + Catering

10 Washington Street, Oakland, CA

Great Venue

Reviewed on 7/24/2011 Anisa M

Waterfront Hotel was a great venue. The area we used was more than big enough for our 150 guest. They have a nice lobby where our guest checked in and it was big enough for them to mingle with one another. The hotel allowed us to use the deck located on the water for our... Read More cocktail hour. The staff at the hotel was very nice and pleasant. We also stayed at the Waterfront which is located in Jack London Square. We were able to walk the area and relax. The hotel is attached to the Ms. Pearls Jam House Restaurant. The restaurant has awesome food and good entertainment. The venue was very prices on some items. Apple cidar was $13 a bottle, if you ordered two entrees - they charged you the price of the higher entree for all, however this might just be the going rate for these items. I would recommend Waterfront Hotel for future events.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Adrienne C

We had our reception at the Waterfront. Honestly, the venue itself was not amazing at first look. It looks very hotel conference room and not grand ballroom. I was most nervous about the low ceilings and it feel claustrophobic. All my doubts were put at ease by Michelle, the... Read More catering coordinator, and the food. Michelle treated us so well when we met with her. We met with a number of vendors who didn't seem to care if we went with them one way or the other. Michelle was dedicated, offered outstanding customer service, and was so personable. We tried some of the food and it was delicious. Michelle had the pleasure of answering all of my questions for almost a year. She handled my annoying questions with poise. She answered my questions thoroughly and promptly. She also answered the questions in a way where I knew she had our interest in mind and wasn't trying to get more revenue for her hotel necessarily. Our initial downside for the venue, the low ceilings, was really minimized by the gorgeous patio and the lighting company we hired. The biggest downside we had was scheduling. We had a Catholic ceremony, which means it was early. There was quite a gap and we couldn't get into the Waterfront any earlier without paying more. Michelle was gracious enough that if someone didn't rent the morning, we could setup early. The only other downside was that one of the bars and photo booth setup was in a sort of hallway that connected the hotel with the restaurant. We had reports of a few people grabbing some free drinks and photo booth shots. Not the end of the world and not too much the venue can do; it's just a design flaw. Besides Michelle, the best part of the Waterfront is the food. I was nervous that the chef could do three or four amazing meals but what about 160 all at once. The answer is yes. If food is important to you, this is the selection for you. The chef and Michelle were also great at accommodating allergies. Everyone raved about the food!