Weddings at Asbury

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Weddings at Asbury is an event venue located on the campus of the Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. You can find lodging, ceremony and reception venues here that make it a great all-in-one wedding destination in the southwestern Lexington area.

Weddings at Asbury offers a variety of ceremony and reception spaces for groups from 12 to 350. The most popular venues are the following:

Estes Chapel. The vaulted interior of this church makes the striking white walls and ceilings beam the glow back from elegant chandeliers. The aisle is wide and tall windows let the daylight stream inside. Up to 600 guests can be accommodated here on traditional pews.

McKenna Chapel. This ceremony space has a theater layout with seats facing the pipe organ behind the ample stage. The organ may be draped for room effects and there is a great sound system. Specialty lighting and simple decor make this a great ceremony spot for up to 350 guests. The bright two-story lobby holds 100 people.

Cordelia Banquet Room. This space is simply decorated to match most wedding colors and accommodates up to 120 people.

Stevens Banquet Hall. The largest room in the facility has exposed brick, elegant carpeting and neutral wall coloring with room for a stage, dance floor and buffet stations. Up to 250 people can be comfortably seated or add the Cordelia rooms to host up to 325 guests for a seated dinner.

Weddings at Asbury does not allow alcohol or smoking anywhere on the premises. No outside catering is permitted. The ceremonies performed must be of the Christian faith, although you are free to find your own minister.

Weddings at Asbury receptions include the chairs, tables, china, glassware and flatware as well as linens and other decor for your ceremony. Skirting is provided for all specialty tables and you are allowed to use the baby grand piano, sound system and other decorations. Dance floors, arcing and spiral candelabras are offered as enhancements.

If you want an eco-friendly flower petal option, you can buy an amazing 100 different colors of freeze-dried rose petals to use during your ceremony or reception.

When you rent either the McKenna or the Estes Chapel for your ceremony at Weddings at Asbury, the rental fees include religious and ceremonial decor for your use in the venue. A special table with a chalice and plate for communion is one extra touch. Other items included with the Estes Chapel are:

• Pair of seven-stick candelabras
  • Brass holders and candles for all windows
  • Unity candle arrangement
  • Staging pillars for floral arrangements

Take your walk with us!

Just 15 miles south of Lexington on the campus of Asbury Theological Seminary, Weddings at Asbury features two ceremony sites (Estes & McKenna Chapels), reception venue, caterer, and overnight guest accommodations (AAA approved Asbury Inn) all in one convenient location.

Ballroom, Hotel

Food + Catering

204 North Lexington Ave, Wilmore, KY (859) 858-2129

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Alison H

Everything was perfect! Keturah, Christine and all the staff were so helpful. Everyone made sure that our day was incredible. The facilities were beautiful! The food was amazing - people are still talking about it. I could not have imagined an easier day. Thank you all for... Read More everything!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Emily H

I couldn't have made a better decision than having my wedding and reception at Asbury Seminary. The director and coordinator were highly professional and anticipated issues and questions I hadn't even thought of from start to finish. With their help, I was able to enjoy my... Read More special day and let them take care of the details/stressors. Having the ceremony in Estes Chapel and then a reception immediately following in the Dining Hall was elegant and easy for guests--many of whom had traveled from out of state. With the Asbury Inn located on campus, having a wedding at Asbury is the perfect package deal. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 K M

Estes is a beautiful location to have a ceremony, large or small. The reception area is close by, and everything was set up nicely. There is also some nice green space across the street on the Asbury campus that is great for pictures. The reception area has quite a bit of stuff... Read More you can use for centerpieces at no charge, which can save you quite a bit of money. We had the rehearsal dinner at the Asbury Inn for a small charge. We used an outside caterer because Pioneer Catering could not do a vegan wedding. Christine was so great in helping with all the details! She (and Josiah) were very competent and excellent at answering my numerous questions. She was willing to meet with me many times prior to the wedding date. Susan (who helped with the wedding day details and timeline) was equally great. She knew her stuff. She asked me the little detail questions that I'd never considered (like how bright the lighting should be in the chapel). The day of the wedding, which was off-and-on rainy, she made sure that I stayed dry, even when that meant she got a bit wet. She also helped coordinate and wrangle the 9 flower girls and boys I had in the wedding. During the reception, Susan was there to make sure things were done on time. I wished at times she was actually less visible (so that I could relax more), but I'm being nit-picky. Better she do her job too well than let the day go to crap; Susan definitely did the former! Both women went above and beyond. The ONLY thing that I'm not a fan of is regarding the parking; even with signs, the parking, chapel and reception are can be a bit confusing. Asbury did provide us some signs, which are sturdy and nice. But I'd recommend you get a few extra signs or perhaps even use balloons so that guests have no questions. Overall, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Deanna L

Our wedding coordinator Christine was amazing! I can't imagine having done this without her. So professional, organized and classy. Facilities of course were great. We look forward to more memories here.

Our rushed wedding

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 stephanie y

We couldn't bring any outside food in except cake,wasn't allowed to take home any of the food we purchased thru them. They where rude to my guest, our wine glasses was thrown on the ground, we were rushed thru the recepection they made my guest leave while our pictures were... Read More being taken. Our contract was until 6pm they started cleaning up at 5pm and everbody was made to leave.

2012-05-22T12:14:19 Response from the vendor

I am very surprised and saddened by your review and would like to address each issue. In an email sent to the groom on October 24th, you were informed that we do not allow any outside food, and both of you seemed fine with that... Read Less Read More

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/03/2012 Stephanie C

Working with this group made my wedding so much less stressful! They took care of everything from decorating to clean up, and if there were any issues the day of the wedding, I didn't know about them!! The only complaint I have was that they promised us a steamer on the day of... Read More the wedding, but the steamer leaked, and they did not provide us with enough water to steam the bridesmaids' dresses. The wrinkles appeared to fall out on their own by the time of the ceremony, though, so it worked out fine.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 10/27/2010 Johanna T

The meeting with the Event Coordinator helped both the planning and the actual ceremony go great. From processional order to family seating arrangements to setup, Weddings at Asbury helped make our classy wedding a classic memory for many. (My only complaint was the flowers... Read More somehow got mixed up and the groomsmen ended up wearing purple corsages instead of white boutonnieres for the pictures before the ceremony. If there was a question about the labels, I would have appreciated someone asking me. Otherwise, fantastic!)