Westmount Country Club

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Westmount Country Club in Woodland Park, New Jersey, is simply magnificent. The country club is perched upon picturesque Garret Mountain and offers seclusion and sweeping views of the surrounding landscape. The location is just the beginning of a wedding experience at the self-proclaimed "one and only Westmount." Guests will be impressed with the grand entrance to the facility. The Westmount Country Club has incredible first-look photography opportunities. Sweeping staircases, gazebos, fountains, stone terraces, wrought iron fencing, white gates and even waterfalls serve as the ultimate wedding photo backdrop. Uplighting is also available. The wedding ceremony may be performed inside or outside, with gazebos available for the matrimonial platform. The Westmount Country Club is designed for opulent weddings and therefore does have a minimum guest requirement of 150.

Grand ballroom. The grand ballroom has a majestic and glamorous feel. Floor-to-ceiling windows bordered with white columns allow for expansive views of the mountain landscape and tended gardens. Tray ceilings lend ample opportunity for custom lighting opportunities. The adjacent outdoor terrace is wonderful for guests to retreat from the festivities for awhile and often used for dramatic sunset photography of the bride and groom. The large parlor room features a romantic fireplace. The grand ballroom is quite expansive and can hold up to 1,000 guests.

Continental Room. Newly renovated, the Continental Room is ideal for smaller weddings and can seat up to 200 guests. This room boasts a chic, urban and modern decor with multiple lounging areas. Angled coffered ceilings dripping with crystal chandeliers are not only a unique architectural feature, but allow for customized lighting design. A white baby grand piano next to a cozy fireplace enhances the urban feel.

The Westmount Country Club is in a secluded location, but the 30 acres of forest, greens and gardens are worth the drive. One of the things that make this venue unique is that it offers packages for nontraditional and ethnic weddings. Decor in the room is elegant and classic and therefore easily transformed to the bride's wedding design. Specifically, the venue has extensive options for Indian weddings. The base package features a 90-minute cocktail reception with white-gloved butler and silver tray passed hors d'oeuvres. In addition, the facility offers a five-hour premium bar service with a seasonal outdoor tropical bar. For coffee drinkers, the bar also serves cappuccino and espresso.

In addition to plated dinners, the country club also has several carving stations available, including Asian, pasta, seafood, sauté´ and carving stations. The deluxe cold menu features a one-of-a-kind authentic Tuscan table with more than 50 items to choose from. An international cheese cart is also available. A customized wedding cake is included in the reception package.

The venue provides a bridal party suite, event coordinator, tastings and value dates, which can be something to consider if the date has not been set.

It might be hard to believe that this facility has even more to offer, but it does. Additional amenities include:

• Champagne with strawberries for guests
  • Complimentary pre-reception offering Bellinis, mimosas, Chambord Royales and Westmount Sours
  • Romantically draped cabanas for lounging
  • Cigar roller upon request

The Finest in Elegant Occasions

Few sites in New Jersey compare to the newly renovated Westmount Country Club. Situated on top of Garret Mountain on 30 beautiful acres, our manicured gardens, charming gazebos, and outdoor terrace area can create the perfect backdrop for cocktail receptions, ceremonies, and photo opportunities.

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

728 Rifle Camp Road, Woodland Park, NJ (973) 256-2700

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 E F

This venue exceeded all our expectations!! Prior to booking, we saw many venues but when we found the Westmount our search was over. What a fantastic group of people! Bobby and his team were amazing and made sure we had everything we needed to make this day perfect. What makes... Read More this place special is that they take such pride in what they do and it shows in the exceptional food, service and the beautifully kept place. Thank you for a memorable wedding Bobby, Andrew, Tom and all the staff at the Westmount!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Francesca M

A++++! If you're planning the wedding of your dreams, the Westmount County Club is the place to book. Our guests from NJ, NY and out of town were all blown away by the extravagance. People came up to us and said it was the best wedding they ever went to. Bobby was incredible... Read More and followed my husband and I around the day of the wedding to make sure we had everything we needed. He truly was amazing and so was the maitre de'. The cocktail hour was amazing, the entrees and dessert was spectacular. We had a perfect day at the perfect venue.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Natasha A

Thank you to the westmount for the best night of our lives. I have never experienced such amazing service and attention to detail. The Westmount is already the most beautiful venue, but they made it even more special. To have a room full of italians impressed by your food is not... Read More an easy task and a week later our guest cannot stop raving. Even the Westmount's recommendation on who to use for certain services and vendors was the best. I love the westmount and am forever grateful for the best party and night of my life. I cannot wait to have a family so that every event can be there. <3

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Jennifer A

I got married here 15 years ago- I have to be honest, I don't remember much. When I decided to have my birthday party here, I was surprised and impressed on how much it had changed, for the better. The decor was new, the ceilings were higher and they had a slew of signature... Read More drinks. And i was happy to see how affordable the price was! They are so willing to work with you and your budget. Tommaso was amazing. He made sure everything went without a hitch. I was nervous because I had two different vendors for linens and 2 different ones that I rented lounge furniture from, also the floral company and all of the performers I hired were ala cart. With so much going on, I was sure that something would be misplaced or wrong. Nope. The whole staff at the Westmount treated me like family and they were so meticulous about everything. The food was deliscious and non stop. They assigned a server to me for the night. Dawid! He was this tall, skinny, kid and he was my shadow- everytime I turned around, he was there- like lurch! "Can I get you something? Where's your drink? Did you eat? Let me get you food". I want to know where I can hire one of those! He catered to my every need! This was an adult party but of course I had my kids there and my nieces and nephews too ,to keep them company.This is a family owned business and it's nice to see people that were so nice to my kids and all my guests and that seemed to care so much. The room was beautiful! My party was in the continental room. Tomasso, Stephanie, Bobby, Annette, Dawid, Tricia... sorry if I left out any names, but you all rocked! I really can't Thank you enough! I can't wait for the next time I have an event to plan! My daughters Sweet 16 maybe? Time will tell- but Bravo to the Westmount! This is where your party needs to be!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Cathy F

Fini/DiPilato Wedding What an amazing celebration we had! Stephanie and the staff took care of everything from placing family pictures out for us to reserving a table at the cocktail hour for the parents and bride and groom. The food was above and beyond what we expected and... Read More the service was like I have never seen. They are very attentive to the family and wanted to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. My son and daughter-in-law could not have chosen a better venue for it was really a no worry evening. We are still getting phone calls telling us how great the evening was. I would highly recommend The Westmount! Thank you again Westmount for helping us create such a wonderful memory. Dan & Cathy Fini

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 A V

Wow! Choosing the Westmount Country Club was absolutely one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding this past August. Bobby was terrific to work with, always available to speak to us or let us see the space when we were figuring out details such as the seating... Read More chart. He led a great team on the day of, coordinating among the staff so we could live in the moment. Many venues will promise you a lot of things, but the Westmount truly delivers. They made our families feel like VIPs, which allowed us to relax in the fact that everyone was having a great time at our reception. The space and service for the price is a tremendous value. Would absolutely recommend to any couple looking to host a reception.

2017-04-06T14:12:07 Response from the vendor

We appreciate all of your kind words and are so happy you chose The Westmount to be a part of your special day. Your kind words will be passed along to the staff. On behalf of The Westmount, we wish you a lifetime of happiness... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Alissa H

We had the wedding of OUR DREAMS in the Continental Room at The Westmount Country Club on 12.30.16. From the second we booked with Stephanie, our experience was nothing short of perfection. Every detail was covered with the staff. Our Maitre De, Karen, even sent us a... Read More schedule of the evening in advance. The food was exquisite, the drinks were perfect (including our 'signature cocktails'), the venue was absolutely gorgeous, the staff was incredible, and Stephanie and Karen bent over backwards to ensure that our night went off without a hitch. They even packed up food and desserts for my husband and I to take with us. Our guests are still raving about every part of the night! Everyone said it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Alice K

It was an April wedding. The ceremony was outside and reception inside. The entire wedding from start to finish could not have been better. The food was outstanding. The service impeccable. Fred was so wonderful and paid such attention to detail. I couldn't have asked for... Read More anything more!

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Mary M

All our guests had a blast. The food and service were great. We dealt with Bobby and he made sure everything went smoothly, and we followed up with us a few time leading up to the wedding to check if we needed anything. Great venue, we loved it.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Paola I

Thank you Westmount Country Club for making my husband and mine dream wedding come true! Bobby you were great to work with and made sure we had everything we wanted and needed.. everyone can't stop talking about how beautiful westmount is and how great the food and service was.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Laura R

Everything was perfect! the food was amazing, overall and excellent choice our guests had an amazing time.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Traci F

We had such a great expierence at Westmount country club. The food and atmospher were amazing. Fred and the rest of WCC made our wedding day incredible.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Alexis C

The Westmount CC definitely offers the most for your money!! Cocktail hour was above and beyond our wildest imagination! Our guests are still talking about the food; and the presentation of Viennese hour was phenomenal! Bobby was spot on with making our vision a reality and Fred... Read More and the wait staff were there for every little thing we needed! They really put your mind at ease!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Sheily

You can't go wrong with the Westmount! Bobby was extremely helpful and made sure our night was perfect. They take you step by step through it all and the staff was helpful in answering all our questions.We had guests from all over the world say that it was the best wedding... Read More they've ever attended! The service, the food, the matre'd.. all amazing! My husband and I couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Amanda R

BOOK YOUR WEDDING AT THE WESTMOUNT IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE BEST WEDDING EVER! BOOKING: I looked at 12 different wedding venues in NJ before someone suggested I check out the Westmount. I met with Bobby and immediately knew this was the place for our wedding. He was the only... Read More person we met with that didn't make us feel like he was totally taking advantage of us - unlike the 12 other banquet managers we met with at other places. Just make the appointment and you will not be disappointed. VENUE: When we pulled up the venue we were already impressed. The grounds were beautiful. When you open two oversized glass doors, you walk up marble floor steps to a gorgeous lobby. Very classy and elegant. We got married in the Continental room. The gardens and gazebo made for such a stunning and unique ceremony space. The cocktail hour room was the coolest and classiest room I have ever had the pleasure of stepping foot in. But the reception room takes the cake! It over looks the hills of Woodland Park and guests can walk out to a beautiful terrace. The sunset in the background of my first dance was breathtaking. My guests especially loved cigars and cognac on the terrace at the end of the night. Also - everything in this place is always updated and new! When we booked it 2 years prior the room looked completely different! Bobby says they renovate every 5 years. That really says something! SERVICE: I wish I could give the Westmount 100 stars for service alone. Bobby was always easy to reach through text or phone call to answer any of my questions throughout the planning process. The service on the night of the wedding surpassed our expectations by far. My husband and I and both of our parents were treated like royalty and that is no understatement. Mr. Tom and Mr. Andrew made sure our drinks and plates were never empty. Bobby oversaw the entire operation and made sure everything was flawless - which it was! FOOD: The amount of food that is offered for the price you are paying is unmatched! We are italian and we like our food and OH BOY does this place deliver! We even had a tasting a year prior to the wedding which blew our socks off (not many venues offer tastings). The cocktail hour blew our guests away from lobster mac and cheese to sushi to peter lugar steaks it was never-ending! The entrees were delicious as well. How often do you go to a wedding and actually enjoy your dinner? Everyone is still raving about the food. I also recommend the Viennese hour! It was unbelievable. I could go on and on about how amazing this place is. When you have guest after guest coming up to you telling you this is the best wedding they have ever been to, that really says something. WCC is worth every penny to make your wedding day dreams come true! Thank you Bobby for the best night of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Nicole B

Perfection. Everything i wanted for my dream wedding. We had the grand ballroom it looked like it was from a fairy tale . It was beautiful. The staff is amazing they treat you like family. They kept checking on us if we needed anything, they made sure we ate. The food amazing.... Read More Everything was perfect. Definitely have your wedding here.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Brienne K

Talk about being taken care of!!! As a bride, I had pintrest dream of a DIY wedding and at first was looking for a blank canvas. I was skeptical to visit Westmount but walking in, noticed how well it accommodated so many style. We wanted something more antique/romantic and had... Read More our event in the Continental room. The more neutral room of the two. Walking into that room I immediately knew it was our venue and felt that they were ready to GIVE us our dream wedding without the work that would have gone into something DIY. I was able to throw in my own DIY touches with centerpieces and such, but nothing came close to the amount of food offered, the services provided, and how they treated us on our wedding night. We were guided through the whole night and we didn't miss a single bite or moment. Steph, our salesperson, communicated with us every time we had a concern and Karen, our Maitre d, welcomed us like family and insured a flawless night. My only regret is that we didn't extend it an extra hour!!! If you are looking for a romantic night with tons of food and a beautiful setting that you only need to add some touches, BOOK it!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 tara b

If you are looking for a venue that is absolute perfection look no further than the Westmount Country Club. It is everything you can imagine to make an absolutely flawless night. Not only is the venue stunning, but the food is amazing and plentiful, and the service is... Read More IMPECCABLE. Our banquet manager Bobby was out of this world. From start to finish, he made the biggest day of our lives perfect. He was such a pleasure to deal with and everything we asked for he gave us. We truly felt like royalty. All of my guests raved about the food, the service, and decor. We had added a few personal touches to the room (not that it needs it!), and Bobby and his team made it all come to life. When we walked through the ballroom the day of, it was everything we dreamed of and more. Each staff member was friendly, courteous, and a joy to work with. Karen made our night by bringing us not only everything we needed, but helping to coordinate the whole event. We cannot say enough amazing things about this top notch venue and all the fantastic people they employ. I can only hope that one day we will be able to go back as guests! Thank you a million times Westmount Country Club!!! Update- three weeks later and we're still getting tons of compliments from family and friends about how truly amazing WMCC was and it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to- The food, the decor, the service ! We seriously will never be able to thank you enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. God bless you all for being in a business where you make people Like us so incredible happy on their big day !!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Arlene A

I recently got engaged in September 2015. As soon as I did, my family, my fiance and I started tackling the tough task of trying to secure a venue to hold our June or July 2017 (those were the only 2 months we were looking to get married within that year). Friends and family... Read More offered a ton of venue suggestions-- venues where they've been to as either guests and/or as a member of the bridal/groom party. We checked out quite a few venues in only North + Central Jersey (we weren't looking in South Jersey). Many of the venues we saw were okay or nice/not bad but my fiance and I never felt that "WOW!" feeling at any of the venues we looked at. Many of the venues didn't really match the glamorous feel were are going for. After an exhaustive and frustrating search, my mom's good friend suggested we look at Westmount Country Club. So we made an appointment and we went in to check it out. The minute I walked into the venue (without having talked to anyone there first), my first words were, "this is our venue" and my fiance looked at me and said, "we found our place". When we checked-in for our tour, the receptionist was warm and welcoming and very conversational. She inquired about our wedding and genuinely seemed interested in what we had to say. We met with Fred Seifert. He took his time to show us around the facility. Was very patient and more than happy to answer all of our questions with great detail and examples from previous weddings. He walked us through the preferred vendors as well as a very detailed orientation of the menu. The tour did not feel rushed in any way and my family, my fiance and myself were extremely pleased with Fred and his professionalism and genuine interest / concern. A few weeks later, after taking a look at even more venues, nothing compared to Westmount and the incredible feeling we had there during our entire visit. No one we met with at the other venues we looked at made us feel as good and comfortable as Fred did. Needless to say, we booked our wedding (of course with Fred) at Westmount for a Saturday evening/night in July 2017. I am SO incredibly excited and relived that I got the venue of my dreams :) And even more excited that I got an awesome on-site wedding coordinator -- Thanks Fred !!!!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

My husband and I had our Indian wedding reception at the Westmount Country Club. We worked closely with Bobby, who helped us secure the right package for our needs. Bobby made everything very clear and explained everything along the way. A few weeks before the event, we met... Read More with Bobby to go over our itinerary and seating plan. On the day of the reception, we worked with Tom, who was our Maitre D’. From the time we walked in he was always around to provide us with drinks and help us gather family members and the bridal party for pictures. We had a table set up in the Bridal Suite with food from our cocktail hour for us to enjoy before our grand entrance. Tom ensured that our dinner was set up and our parents’ tables were served. There was also a separate section set up for our parents and us during dessert time. As for the venue itself, the layout and décor is so spectacular that we had minimal need to add additional decoration, aside from the centerpieces and stage area. We used Atlas flowers for the centerpieces. New chandeliers were added between the time we booked the grand ballroom and our event, which added an extra touch and shows that Westmount is always being enhanced. Westmount also has a great outdoor garden for taking pictures. Many of our guests took pictures outside. Overall, the team at Westmount did a marvelous job. Our family and friends were extremely happy with everything and keep telling us it was one of the best venues they have been to. I would highly recommend Westmount for any couple looking for a beautiful place with 5-star service.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

My wife and I got married at the westmount in the grand ball room with around 400 guests. We booked with Fred Seifert and he was truely amazing from the start. We had the best wedding possible and every guest was amazed , we had people coming up to us saying they have been to 5... Read More weddings here and this was the best so far. Fred is the definition of a true professional and made our day perfect with bringing us drinks , food during cocktail hour , and making sure our guests had a blast. If you book your wedding at westmount, please be sure to book with Fred Seifert and I guarantee, you will not regret it. He ensures that your family always has a drink and food in hand. We also added in 40 Hookahs last minute outside and he was 100% compatible with everything , Fred is 7 out of 5 stars amazing, we couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Sherry A

Epic Wedding!!! There's no place like The Westmount Country Club. My wedding at The WCC was a dream come true and much more. Our wedding was this past weekend and my husband and I are still on cloud nine from how perfect everything was. We dealt with such warm and personable... Read More people that treated us like old friends. Anthony and Bobby went above and beyond in preparation for our wedding. We were served drinks and meals every time we went to our venue whether it was for a question or for a meeting with a vendor. Excellent service and professionalism. Their staff followed up with me via emails and phone calls to make sure they had every detail as I envisioned. The day of my wedding we were treated like royalty. Our maitre d and Bobby came up to us regularly to make sure we had everything we needed and made sure to feed us. I'm still in awe at how perfect and smooth everything went. Bobby has to be a magician. He took care of it all (2 kosher meals I had forgotten about, our guests showing up an hour early, my husband wanting two different entrees) Their onsite seamstress saved me from my dress sliding off and brother in law from flashing people as his pants ripped mid party. This venue has it all figured out. Our guests haven't stopped raving about our wedding as it being the best wedding they have ever been to. Our guests were in awe of the beauty and modern decor of the venue and the how exceptional the food was.

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Lindsey S

The Westmount Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding! We had the ceremony and reception there, and everything ran so incredibly smoothly. They are so professional at the WCC that, as a bride, you do not have to worry about anything. They reach out to you with... Read More everything you need, and the day of they make sure to take care of you, as well as the entire bridal party, to ensure everyone's having a great time. We fell in love with the venue as soon as we walked in, but were very worried when we learned we couldn't try the food beforehand. Whenever we mentioned that we would be married at the WCC, people immediately remarked on how amazing their food is. Trusting their reputation, we decided to have them for our wedding, and we are so grateful we listened. Their food was the absolute best we have ever had at any venue, and every drink was made perfectly. The WCC ensures you are able to enjoy your cocktail hour, which was so amazing and I'm grateful I didn't miss it! We cannot say enough positives about the WCC, and we highly recommend you stop over and see the venue for yourselves. Many of my guests had never been to the WCC, and we have heard from several people that they are already planning on booking their upcoming events there and recommending it to others because of how great of a time they had.

They took care of us!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Tiffany N

Every bride i've ever talked to has said that they barely got to eat or drink or enjoy the things that they chose at their own wedding. I can HAPPILY say that is the exact opposite for me. The folks at the Westmount made sure that we were fully taken care of and enjoyed every... Read More bit of our wedding day. They made sure to bring us around through the cocktail hour and that we always had our chosen drinks at the ready, and even that we got to try every little bit of the grand desert that we chose. It was wonderful! They truly took care of us.

Perfect Wedding Reception!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Alyssa H

It is difficult to put into words exactly what made our wedding at Westmount Country Club absolutely perfect this past May. From the outstanding service to the quality of the food and beverage, I cannot think of a possible way the event could have been any better. Our guests... Read More continue to rave about our wedding, calling it the most elegant they have ever been to. I think the Westmount's reputation speaks for itself in that way. What I do want to mention to brides and grooms considering this venue is that the staff at the Westmount really do put you first on your special day and their priority is making sure you are happy and are in need of nothing. Bobby was our event coordinator and he was constantly making sure my husband and I were fed, had a drink our hands, and were not wanting for anything. One thing that still strikes me as unbelievable is that someone got a ton of makeup on my husband's collar during our receiving line and Bobby had it cleaned by one of his staff while my husband drank a beer in the bridal suite. It took all of five minutes but it was such a kind gesture and such a relief not to worry about that stain in all of our photos. Moments like that really put the Westmount above the rest in quality and service. When I look back on our wedding reception, I would not change a thing!