Book Your Wedding with Windrift Events

A BALLROOM IN AVALON, NJ

When you book your wedding with the Windrift in Avalon, New Jersey, your expectations will be exceeded. The Windrift is located right on the beach, and the pristine beaches of Avalon are an ideal backdrop for pictures on your big day. With a capacity of 250 guests, the Windrift can accommodate both large and more intimate weddings, depending on your needs. You can choose a reception in the ballroom that features large glass walls that open to the beach for the blend of nature and indoor comforts. Perhaps you would rather enjoy the ambience of the restaurant with the scenic backdrop of the beach. If so, this option is available. Tented functions are also an excellent option for a beach wedding.

In addition, the convenience of having a hotel on-site makes it a practical location for all your wedding guests. The hotel includes the normal amenities associated with a hotel, such as free self-parking.

Newer renovations have brought the venue back to life and into the modern day with spa-like rooms and beach resort de´cor throughout. It makes for an ideal beach wedding weekend.

The incredible staff at the Windrift understand the multi-faceted planning of a wedding and what it takes to pull it all together. With full catering services on-site, you simply enjoy a food tasting, pick your menu and then leave the rest to the professional culinary experts in the kitchen.

The well-trained waitstaff is included in your price, so they will set up and break down before and after the event and treat your guests like kings and queens throughout the reception. The coordinator is always available to answer questions, give guidance and ensure your day is exactly how you want it. The kitchen crew and bartenders have years of experience creating palate-pleasing cuisine.

This is an ideal locale to keep all the events of the wedding weekend in one place, such as being able to host your rehearsal dinner at the restaurant. Alternatively, on the following morning you could arrange for a brunch for the guests that choose to stay overnight. Before the vows, suggest the venue for a bridal shower or Jack and Jill party. Either way, make the weekend easy and convenient and let the friendly staff at Windrift take care of the rest.

Windrift has a few extra perks to sweeten the deal:

• On-site accommodations
  • Indoor reception space that opens to the elements
  • Wireless Internet available
  • Pool on-site

Your Dream Beach Wedding Awaits....

A newly constructed second floor banquet facility and a complete hotel renovation are just complements to the breathtaking ocean view. Located directly on the beach and surrounded by retractable glass walls, Windrift is the premier place to have your wedding reception any time of the year.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

105 80th St, Avalon, NJ (609) 368-5175

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Amanda H

We had our wedding this past September at the Windrift. I cannot praise Jeff and Ronda enough. They were both available to answer and and all questions we had and always seemed to know how to calm me down. I worked so closely with Jeff in the months leading up to our big day... Read More that he honestly feels like a friend now. We wanted a lot of non traditional elements at our reception that I was worried wouldn’t be easy to do. Ronda made sure we got everything we wanted and made sure to keep telling us that it’s our big day and nothing was a problem for her to change. The day of, Jeff was so calm and collected even when things happened that I though could ruin everything. Ronda was right there all night through the reception making sure nothing went wrong and everything went smoothly. I 100% would book another event here just to have the pleasure of working with them again. If you’re on the fence about booking your wedding here, I’m telling you to DO IT! You won’t regret it. Thank you so much to the Windrift team for our fairytale wedding!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Kate G

I highly recommend the Windrift as the perfect wedding venue. Our family has always loved the Windrift as our vacation destination, but the event services went far above and beyond our expectations. I never felt any stress working closely with Rachel, and Ronda and Jeff helped... Read More our wedding day go perfectly and without any worry. I never felt stress during wedding planning as I truly felt like I had a hired team of personal wedding planners. The food, the bar service, the decor (set up perfectly and exactly how I envisioned everything) was truly beyond compare- but the service was next to none. All of our guests had nothing but the most wonderful compliments to give regarding our cocktail hour and reception. The Windrift team is the best, the hotel and view are unbeatable, and this is the perfect place for your most perfect day!!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Samantha C

Our Windrift Wedding was absolutely perfect. The venue is so beautiful as it overlooks the ocean. The food was delicious, we are still receiving complements on the quality of food from our guest's. The drinks selection is one of the best we have ever experienced at a wedding.... Read More There are over 20 beers on tap, as well as any and all specialty cocktails and wine. The staff at the Windrift is truly top-notch. Ronda was such a big help when it came to making decisions and ensuring the night ran smoothly. Not only did we think the reception was perfect, but we are STILL receiving complements from our guest's on how much fun they had. If you are dreaming of the perfect beach wedding, the Windrift is your venue!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Katie M

We got married 10/21/17 at the Windrift. We had the ceremony outside on the beach and the reception inside on Level 2. It was a beautiful day. We had the best day of our lives and it seriously was a dream come true, all with the help of Jeff Walden and Ronda Pursglove.... Read More Everything was PERFECT from the day we got engaged to the day we said "I Do." My husband worked very closely with Jeff from the day we got engaged on the beach outside of the Windrift in September 2016. Both Jeff and Ronda were so easy to work with and always available with the millions of questions and requests we had during our year of planning. They went above and beyond to accommodate EVERYTHING we wanted to make our wedding day the way we pictured it! Everyone always says something goes wrong the day of your wedding but seriously, there isn't one thing we would've changed. It was perfect from start to finish: ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and even the after party. People are still raving about how it was the best wedding they've been to and how good the food was. The timing of everything was spot on! We couldn't have had a better day. Thank you again to the Windrift, everyone who works there who helped us throughout our year of planning, and especially to Jeff and Ronda. We will be singing your praises for life!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Amy H

The Windrift is an easy sell with it's breathtaking beach views. An added plus of choosing this venue was working directly with Jeff and Ronda; the Windrift's wedding planning experts. They made this process enjoyable from the start offered great advice along the way (Chocolate... Read More Face Cupcake and Brownies were such a hit)! Our wedding reception was executed flawlessly and was an absolute blast. The staff, the food, the views, and the many prior memories at the Windrift made it the perfect location for our wedding reception. Thank you, Windrift!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Nichole H

We had an amazing time! The team did an excellent job making our day beautiful and a great time. They even found my shoes on the dance floor after we left and texted me to let me know they had them safe for me! All of our guests raved about the food (their Lemon Parmesan risotto... Read More and the cheesesteak egg rolls are EVERYTHING) Rachel and Ronda were both so easy to work with... go book them now.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017

AMAZING! My husband and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at the Windrift. It was like a second wedding. We even had a first dance and cake cutting! The food was delicious. All of our guest could not get over how great everything was, From the abundance of appetizers to... Read More our large portioned entrees. You don’t typically see this at a wedding/party and have it perfectly cooked. The staff was very professional and friendly. Bar was great, couldn’t have asked for anything else. Great music from out DJ Tony and the flowers that Karin from Bllooms designed were perfect. I couldn’t have asked for anything else. Jeff and Ronda made our day flawless. Thank you to all at the Windrift for making our day a perfect one!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kaitlin D

The Windrift has to be one of the absolute best wedding venues in the tri-state area. The views are beyond gorgeous, the coordinators we were assigned were basically built-in wedding planners, the staff was attentive and friendly, and the food is absolutely DELICIOUS! All of... Read More our guests were complimenting how wonderful their meals were. They also have 2 huge bars which easily accommodated the amount of guests we had. We have attended many weddings over the years, and our Windrift wedding was truly special and unforgettable. The price is also very competitive compared to other shore venues, and the 2nd story view of the ocean is AMAZING!!! There is no way anyone would be disappointed with this venue! The only set back I experienced was an extreme shortage of carts to help carry our things out the day after the wedding. I believe there are only 2 for the entire hotel (not sufficient) and virtually all of our guests were late checking out as they could not find one and had to hand-carry everything out. The elevators are also very small and I had to take the stairs every time I ran out to the car. Not fun at all.. but a small disappointment in an overall wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Natalie S

The venue was amazing, staff- especially Rachel, Ronda, and Nicholas were amazing, our wedding was more perfect than we ever could have imagined. Cannot say enough great things about the Windrift!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Jenny T

There is no better venue for your wedding than the Windrift. From the food, to the views, to the incredible staff, everything is perfect. Ronda and Rachel were amazing, working tirelessly and answering endless emails to make sure our day was organized and ran smoothly. Any... Read More hiccups were handled swiftly and without bothering my husband and me so that we were able to fully enjoy ourselves. The food is better than any wedding food you've ever had. Everything is cooked minutes before you get it. Our guests are still raving about it weeks later! The views from levels 2 and 3 are unparalleled. Your guests will by vying for selfies with the ocean views in the background all night. Also, you simply cannot beat the convenience of having a hotel on site. Your guests will thank you for not having to drive anywhere being that their rooms, 2 restaurants, 7 bars, and a pool for the kids are all in one spot! We cannot recommend the Windrift enough! Our guests said it was like a celebrity wedding! It is the absolute best!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Amanda M

Ronda and Rachel were absolutely incredible in helping me plan my May 2017 wedding. The venue was stunning even with the cold wind blowing my guests enjoyed a full ocean view from the comfort of their seats. The food was incredible and there was literally never anyone waiting... Read More for a drink at the bars due to the attention of the bartenders. I could not have been more thrilled with the final results at the Windrift and truly believe that there is no better option on the island for your future wedding or event

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 ellen s

Following our daughter’s wedding at The Windrift this October, family members go out of their way to host family dinners so we can talk about it! We simply cannot get enough. While I know the weather gods were on our side, the undisputable fact is The Windrift staff knows what... Read More they are doing and they made it the complete success it was. I knew since the tasting that we were in good hands. Rachel and her partner Jeff made that day enjoyable and fun. The fact the food was delicious certainly helped but the calm and confidence they instilled are what I remember most. I did not realize the extent of the stress and anxiety resulting from planning a wedding, but Windrift’s staff made it easier and fun. The lead up to the wedding found me sending Rachel constant, crazy emails regarding any and all details. She not only provided complete and detailed answers to all my queries, she encouraged them, and made me feel not crazy about asking her anything. Upon our arrival at The Windrift we were greeted by their friendly and professional staff. No question or task was too big or small. Nicholas was especially helpful that day and throughout the lead up to the wedding when I booked rooms, cancelled them and then re-booked! And those rooms! They are gorgeous, from The Classic to the stunning Wedding Suite. The girls in the wedding party had their hair styled in their gorgeous wedding suite while enjoying the beautiful ocean view. In fact, the stylist remarked that they never had such perfect lighting! All our guests staying at The Windrift were beyond satisfied and happy, with some out-of-staters remarking they will be returning to visit the Jersey shore. We were all set for the glorious wedding day. The day flew by and suddenly it was 4:30 and my husband and I were walking our daughter to the place where she’ll marry on the beautiful beach outside of The Windrift. Cue the music and we were in full sobbing mode. Thus began one of the sweetest, most meaningful milestones in our life: our daughter’s beautiful wedding ceremony, and the realization of her lifelong wish to be married on the beach. I still cannot get over the vivid coloring of that day when I look at the wedding photos! And so the celebration began! Ronda worked her magic to make it the smashing success it was, along with all the wait staff and bartenders. The Windrift setup is absolutely perfectly, with guests spilling out into the cocktail area immediately following the ceremony, food and drinks at the ready. I am still receiving compliments about the delicious appetizers and meals, as well as the quality and strength of the adult beverages! I could not believe when the band announced “last call.” Surely, I thought, there is a mistake. But again, The Windrift offers full service fun and the party just continued downstairs. (Thereafter it continued in a few rooms and not surprisingly these guests were the last arrivals at the fabulous breakfast the next morning.) And breakfast…delicious food (oh, that McDrift!), friendly and fast service, and that lovely dining room, all to ourselves. Perfection! The Windrift provided a stunningly beautiful beach front locale for the wedding and comfortable, beautiful lodging for our guests. Add in the fun factor along with friendly, attentive staff and service and the result is what we experienced: the perfect wedding weekend from start to finish. We will always be grateful!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Alison P

We cannot thank The Windrift enough for everything they did for us to make our wedding day as perfect as it was! Everything from big to small did not go unnoticed. We received SO many compliments on the venue, the staff, and how delicious the food was. The event staff made our... Read More wedding planning stress-free with their patience, flexibility, and were very accommodating to make sure our day was all about us. We truly appreciate all of your hard work and for making our day beyond perfect! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Brittany B

The Windrift Hotel is the best kept secret for wedding venues, so don't tell anyone, okay? If you have never been, check it out during the Summer months. The Windrift has direct ocean views from it's 2nd floor, the 2-story room on the 2nd floor would be where your reception... Read More takes place. This bar features a 50+ ft. marble bar with a direct ocean view - Not a view of the ocean with some homes in your way, I'm talking about you looking past dunes to the beach, to the ocean and to the horizon on a clear day. That long bar is the most amazing bar I have ever seen. Back to the wedding venue - you can either have your ceremony on the beach or their 3rd floor deck, which can transform from being open or enclosed and also has a great ocean view. The venue/banquet managers are super nice and professional and will absolutely make your reception perfect. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this venue if you like the beach at all. Even if you don't like the beach, the views of the shore will convert you.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Lisa H

What can I say to describe how PERFECT our wedding at the Windrift was...well, we had lots of happy friends and family, great weather (which could not be planned, I know), but beyond that, the staff and amenities at the Windrift were truly five star. I've been coming to Avalon... Read More in the summers since I was a child, and knew I wanted to get married on the beach, but beyond that, I wasn't sure what I wanted. One look at the Windrift's gorgeous second level was all I needed...the excellent food and drink options were icing on the cake! I worked with Rhonda and DeeDee, and they made my day absolutely PERFECT. No detail was overlooked, and I honestly didn't have to do a thing - they took care of everything. Many of my guests told me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, which was in large part due to the Windrift. Nick coordinated all of our guests' rooms (we had 90 guests attendees, 88 of whom were not from NJ!), and no matter how last minute the requests, Nick accommodated everyone with a smile, even responding to my after-hours calls two days before the wedding to change my officiant's reservation. My went day went so much more perfectly than I ever could have dreamed, and I am so grateful to the Windrift for the large part it played in making it so.

2015-10-18T12:18:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lisa! May your life be filled with more joy than you can imagine.

Could Not Have Asked for More!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Kelly C

I recently had my wedding reception at the Windrift and it was unbelievable! The venue is so beautiful and you can't beat the location on the beach! The food was absolutely excellent and our guests can't stop raving about it! The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We... Read More had a wonderful weekend and wish we could do it all over again! Many of our guests loved it so much that they are planning to go back for their vacations! You can't go wrong with the Windrift for your wedding!

2015-07-17T10:45:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kelly! May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.

Reviewed on 5/22/2015

We had our daughter's wedding at The Windrift on Friday, May 15, 2015 and we can't give enough praise to everyone involved. From the beginning stages 15 months prior to the morning after, everything was perfect. Working with DeeDee and Ronda was easy and comfortable. There... Read More were no hidden costs and they answered every question we had promptly and met with us numerous times. They made sure we were happy and they always seemed genuinely happy to hear from us. Nothing was overlooked and the commitment to detail was evident. We had a beautiful sunny day and we started with cocktails on the third level overlooking the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. The staff was attentive and professional and at our beckon and call. The reception on the main level was absolutely beautiful, meticulously clean and polished. The food was to die for, again with a staff who always had a smile on their face and didn't overlook one thing. I would highly recommend The Windrift to any bride looking for a beautiful venue with a magnificent view of the Atlantic Ocean. It truly is an amazing dream come true venue. Michelle Sheeran North Wildwood, NJ

Wedding Brunch

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

My daughter's wedding brunch at the Windrift was everything we expected and more! The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the room looked absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend the Windrift for a wedding or any other event.

2015-05-09T18:37:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Maureen! Kate made a beautiful bride and it was our sincere privilege to host her special day.

Amazing and then :(

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Tiffany D

Planning our wedding with the help of DeeDee and Ronda was a great experience our food tasting was amazing from picking our foods to choosing our napkin colors. On the day of our wedding Nicholas allowed us to extra time in our condo so we could get ready and he was so amazing... Read More through out the entire experience! The ceremony was perfectly set up :) The food for the cocktail hour and reception were perfect everyone is still talking about it. Only problem was that in our food tasting I had chosen gray napkins and received blue on the tables at the reception... small but annoying problem. There reasoning was something the swatches don't match and I explained it was the proper color at the food tasting, there was barely an apology. Other than that everything was amazing until after the wedding when security called the police on one of our guests because they didn't believe they were of age after serving the guest all night at the wedding with no ID. When the ID was presented they believed it was fake but could have easily been remedied by approaching the groom or I. I believe the situation could have been handled in a better manner, without threatening our guest with removal from the hotel.

Absolute Best Venue for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Jennifer P

Our 5/10/14 wedding at The Windrift really was perfect. We've spent many summer nights having fun at The Windrift, so it was already a special, sentimental place for us to get married. It also helps that it is such a beautiful, unique venue, with an ocean view that no other... Read More venue can even compare to. We felt welcomed from the start when we met with Dee Dee(Windrift wedding organizer) to take an "official" tour of the venue with our family. All through our planning process and the actual wedding, everyone at The Windrift was helpful and accommodating. We especially loved working with Dee Dee, who was so genuine and sweet. Love her! Rhonda did a fabulous job of arranging our crazy seating chart to make enough room for our higher numbers, and Rick kept everything organized with the hotel accommodations. Everything ran smoothly and our wedding day couldn't have been better. We are still getting compliments from our guests, particularly about the venue, open bar selections, and food. The filets were all cooked perfectly medium-rare and tasted especially delish! This is the coolest and most convenient venue for a wedding. It's a "one stop shop" for you and your guests, with a beach or upper deck ceremony, awesome reception room, and beautiful hotel rooms. We are so happy with our wedding and give the highest recommendation for The Windrift. Many thanks to everyone there, you guys rock! Now, we can't wait to go back for a Tuesday Wing Night and relive our wedding fun!

2014-07-28T12:12:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jen! It was a wonderful night for a truly wonderful pair.

Perfect Beachfront Reception :)

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Bridget J

My husband and I recently got married and held our reception at the Windrift. It was perfect! The atmosphere, ambiance, food, and service were exceptional. Paige, Pete, DeeDee, and Ronda really went out of their way to ensure our wedding was an elegant event (and as... Read More stress-free as possible). The second and third floor decks gave our guests breathtaking views of the beach. I could not imagine a more special day; or a more special place than the Windrift resort. :)

AMAZING Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Desi B

My husband and I had a FABULOUS wedding at the Windrift. It was everything we could ask for and more! Dee Dee, Paige, and Jillian were all attentive, personable, and there for our every need. The Chef at the Windrift made exquisite entries for our guests which left people... Read More talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding. In addition, our guests can not stop talking about what a wonderful venue we had and how incredible it was to have the ocean breeze as we celebrated throughout the night! A year later we are returning for our Anniversary and once again they have accommodated us! We would HIGHLY recommend the Windrift as an amazing wedding venue!

2014-05-18T17:28:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Desireé! We look forward to seeing you again for a lifetime of happy anniversaries.

Windrift

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Regina G

This venue is one of the best beach front venues at the Jersey Shore!!! They are there for you step by step and provide you with top notch service. I have family and friend that to this day are still talking about the cocktail hour, food, open bar and venue service!

2013-11-25T14:28:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Regi! Best wishes for a wonderful married life.

Classy and exciting

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Jessica P

Picturesque, relaxing and yet exciting bachelorette weekend! The rooms were lovely and right on the beach. We loved the restaurants there too. Perfect for a girls trip of any size and style.

2013-11-15T14:51:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you and congratulations on your marriage!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Melissa W

I always wanted a beach wedding and the Windrift was perfect for us. The room is just simply beautiful and the views are incredible. DeeDee was a great help the entire time and had a wonderful laid back feel which helped with the stresses of planning a wedding. The tasting was... Read More outstanding. We felt like VIPs and the chef was open to suggestions too. The weekend of the wedding was fantastic. The staff was setting up for the wedding the night before and helped me to unload some of the items. The staff was accommodating and provided a low stress day for us. I was wowed when I finally saw the room for the wedding. The service and food was wonderful. Only negative is it is a bit pricy but its the shore. Thank you for an amazing wedding!

2013-11-14T09:08:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Melissa! Best wishes for a wonderful future.