Book Your Wedding with Windrift Events

A BALLROOM IN AVALON, NJ

When you book your wedding with the Windrift in Avalon, New Jersey, your expectations will be exceeded. The Windrift is located right on the beach, and the pristine beaches of Avalon are an ideal backdrop for pictures on your big day. With a capacity of 250 guests, the Windrift can accommodate both large and more intimate weddings, depending on your needs. You can choose a reception in the ballroom that features large glass walls that open to the beach for the blend of nature and indoor comforts. Perhaps you would rather enjoy the ambience of the restaurant with the scenic backdrop of the beach. If so, this option is available. Tented functions are also an excellent option for a beach wedding.

In addition, the convenience of having a hotel on-site makes it a practical location for all your wedding guests. The hotel includes the normal amenities associated with a hotel, such as free self-parking.

Newer renovations have brought the venue back to life and into the modern day with spa-like rooms and beach resort de´cor throughout. It makes for an ideal beach wedding weekend.

The incredible staff at the Windrift understand the multi-faceted planning of a wedding and what it takes to pull it all together. With full catering services on-site, you simply enjoy a food tasting, pick your menu and then leave the rest to the professional culinary experts in the kitchen.

The well-trained waitstaff is included in your price, so they will set up and break down before and after the event and treat your guests like kings and queens throughout the reception. The coordinator is always available to answer questions, give guidance and ensure your day is exactly how you want it. The kitchen crew and bartenders have years of experience creating palate-pleasing cuisine.

This is an ideal locale to keep all the events of the wedding weekend in one place, such as being able to host your rehearsal dinner at the restaurant. Alternatively, on the following morning you could arrange for a brunch for the guests that choose to stay overnight. Before the vows, suggest the venue for a bridal shower or Jack and Jill party. Either way, make the weekend easy and convenient and let the friendly staff at Windrift take care of the rest.

Windrift has a few extra perks to sweeten the deal:

• On-site accommodations
  • Indoor reception space that opens to the elements
  • Wireless Internet available
  • Pool on-site

Your Dream Beach Wedding Awaits....

A newly constructed second floor banquet facility and a complete hotel renovation are just complements to the breathtaking ocean view. Located directly on the beach and surrounded by retractable glass walls, Windrift is the premier place to have your wedding reception any time of the year.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

105 80th St, Avalon, NJ (609) 368-5175

The Windrift made all my dreams come true!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Mallorie B

I dreamt of getting married at The Windrift since I was a little girl and my dreams came true. Paige was wonderful during the first steps to secure The Windrift as my venue. She really made it a no brainer. She was helpful in every way she could be. Everyone on the entire staff... Read More was wonderful and extremely helpful to all of my friends and family. They met every request with a smile. Throughout the planning process DeeDee was incredible. She responded quickly with all questions and concerns I had. When I made changes she handled it! The morning of the wedding DeeDee physically helped me cart all of my stuff into the reception space and the Windrift staff set everything up beautifully. I would highly recommend The Windrift to anyone and everyone! I thank them with my whole heart for making a little girl's dreams come true!!! The Windrift means so much to me and it always will.

2013-10-01T14:48:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mallorie! May you and Brandon always find in each other the love, laughter and happiness you now share.

Absolute Best Venue for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/15/2014 Jennifer P

Our 5/10/14 wedding at The Windrift really was perfect. We've spent many summer nights having fun at The Windrift, so it was already a special, sentimental place for us to get married. It also helps that it is such a beautiful, unique venue, with an ocean view that no other... Read More venue can even compare to. We felt welcomed from the start when we met with Dee Dee(Windrift wedding organizer) to take an "official" tour of the venue with our family. All through our planning process and the actual wedding, everyone at The Windrift was helpful and accommodating. We especially loved working with Dee Dee, who was so genuine and sweet. Love her! Rhonda did a fabulous job of arranging our crazy seating chart to make enough room for our higher numbers, and Rick kept everything organized with the hotel accommodations. Everything ran smoothly and our wedding day couldn't have been better. We are still getting compliments from our guests, particularly about the venue, open bar selections, and food. The filets were all cooked perfectly medium-rare and tasted especially delish! This is the coolest and most convenient venue for a wedding. It's a "one stop shop" for you and your guests, with a beach or upper deck ceremony, awesome reception room, and beautiful hotel rooms. We are so happy with our wedding and give the highest recommendation for The Windrift. Many thanks to everyone there, you guys rock! Now, we can't wait to go back for a Tuesday Wing Night and relive our wedding fun!

2014-07-28T12:12:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jen! It was a wonderful night for a truly wonderful pair.

Perfect Beachfront Reception :)

Reviewed on 6/09/2014 Bridget J

My husband and I recently got married and held our reception at the Windrift. It was perfect! The atmosphere, ambiance, food, and service were exceptional. Paige, Pete, DeeDee, and Ronda really went out of their way to ensure our wedding was an elegant event (and as... Read More stress-free as possible). The second and third floor decks gave our guests breathtaking views of the beach. I could not imagine a more special day; or a more special place than the Windrift resort. :)

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Jenny T

There is no better venue for your wedding than the Windrift. From the food, to the views, to the incredible staff, everything is perfect. Ronda and Rachel were amazing, working tirelessly and answering endless emails to make sure our day was organized and ran smoothly. Any... Read More hiccups were handled swiftly and without bothering my husband and me so that we were able to fully enjoy ourselves. The food is better than any wedding food you've ever had. Everything is cooked minutes before you get it. Our guests are still raving about it weeks later! The views from levels 2 and 3 are unparalleled. Your guests will by vying for selfies with the ocean views in the background all night. Also, you simply cannot beat the convenience of having a hotel on site. Your guests will thank you for not having to drive anywhere being that their rooms, 2 restaurants, 7 bars, and a pool for the kids are all in one spot! We cannot recommend the Windrift enough! Our guests said it was like a celebrity wedding! It is the absolute best!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 ellen s

Following our daughter’s wedding at The Windrift this October, family members go out of their way to host family dinners so we can talk about it! We simply cannot get enough. While I know the weather gods were on our side, the undisputable fact is The Windrift staff knows what... Read More they are doing and they made it the complete success it was. I knew since the tasting that we were in good hands. Rachel and her partner Jeff made that day enjoyable and fun. The fact the food was delicious certainly helped but the calm and confidence they instilled are what I remember most. I did not realize the extent of the stress and anxiety resulting from planning a wedding, but Windrift’s staff made it easier and fun. The lead up to the wedding found me sending Rachel constant, crazy emails regarding any and all details. She not only provided complete and detailed answers to all my queries, she encouraged them, and made me feel not crazy about asking her anything. Upon our arrival at The Windrift we were greeted by their friendly and professional staff. No question or task was too big or small. Nicholas was especially helpful that day and throughout the lead up to the wedding when I booked rooms, cancelled them and then re-booked! And those rooms! They are gorgeous, from The Classic to the stunning Wedding Suite. The girls in the wedding party had their hair styled in their gorgeous wedding suite while enjoying the beautiful ocean view. In fact, the stylist remarked that they never had such perfect lighting! All our guests staying at The Windrift were beyond satisfied and happy, with some out-of-staters remarking they will be returning to visit the Jersey shore. We were all set for the glorious wedding day. The day flew by and suddenly it was 4:30 and my husband and I were walking our daughter to the place where she’ll marry on the beautiful beach outside of The Windrift. Cue the music and we were in full sobbing mode. Thus began one of the sweetest, most meaningful milestones in our life: our daughter’s beautiful wedding ceremony, and the realization of her lifelong wish to be married on the beach. I still cannot get over the vivid coloring of that day when I look at the wedding photos! And so the celebration began! Ronda worked her magic to make it the smashing success it was, along with all the wait staff and bartenders. The Windrift setup is absolutely perfectly, with guests spilling out into the cocktail area immediately following the ceremony, food and drinks at the ready. I am still receiving compliments about the delicious appetizers and meals, as well as the quality and strength of the adult beverages! I could not believe when the band announced “last call.” Surely, I thought, there is a mistake. But again, The Windrift offers full service fun and the party just continued downstairs. (Thereafter it continued in a few rooms and not surprisingly these guests were the last arrivals at the fabulous breakfast the next morning.) And breakfast…delicious food (oh, that McDrift!), friendly and fast service, and that lovely dining room, all to ourselves. Perfection! The Windrift provided a stunningly beautiful beach front locale for the wedding and comfortable, beautiful lodging for our guests. Add in the fun factor along with friendly, attentive staff and service and the result is what we experienced: the perfect wedding weekend from start to finish. We will always be grateful!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Alison P

We cannot thank The Windrift enough for everything they did for us to make our wedding day as perfect as it was! Everything from big to small did not go unnoticed. We received SO many compliments on the venue, the staff, and how delicious the food was. The event staff made our... Read More wedding planning stress-free with their patience, flexibility, and were very accommodating to make sure our day was all about us. We truly appreciate all of your hard work and for making our day beyond perfect! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Lisa H

What can I say to describe how PERFECT our wedding at the Windrift was...well, we had lots of happy friends and family, great weather (which could not be planned, I know), but beyond that, the staff and amenities at the Windrift were truly five star. I've been coming to Avalon... Read More in the summers since I was a child, and knew I wanted to get married on the beach, but beyond that, I wasn't sure what I wanted. One look at the Windrift's gorgeous second level was all I needed...the excellent food and drink options were icing on the cake! I worked with Rhonda and DeeDee, and they made my day absolutely PERFECT. No detail was overlooked, and I honestly didn't have to do a thing - they took care of everything. Many of my guests told me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, which was in large part due to the Windrift. Nick coordinated all of our guests' rooms (we had 90 guests attendees, 88 of whom were not from NJ!), and no matter how last minute the requests, Nick accommodated everyone with a smile, even responding to my after-hours calls two days before the wedding to change my officiant's reservation. My went day went so much more perfectly than I ever could have dreamed, and I am so grateful to the Windrift for the large part it played in making it so.

2015-10-18T12:18:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lisa! May your life be filled with more joy than you can imagine.

Could Not Have Asked for More!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Kelly C

I recently had my wedding reception at the Windrift and it was unbelievable! The venue is so beautiful and you can't beat the location on the beach! The food was absolutely excellent and our guests can't stop raving about it! The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We... Read More had a wonderful weekend and wish we could do it all over again! Many of our guests loved it so much that they are planning to go back for their vacations! You can't go wrong with the Windrift for your wedding!

2015-07-17T10:45:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kelly! May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.

Reviewed on 5/22/2015

We had our daughter's wedding at The Windrift on Friday, May 15, 2015 and we can't give enough praise to everyone involved. From the beginning stages 15 months prior to the morning after, everything was perfect. Working with DeeDee and Ronda was easy and comfortable. There... Read More were no hidden costs and they answered every question we had promptly and met with us numerous times. They made sure we were happy and they always seemed genuinely happy to hear from us. Nothing was overlooked and the commitment to detail was evident. We had a beautiful sunny day and we started with cocktails on the third level overlooking the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. The staff was attentive and professional and at our beckon and call. The reception on the main level was absolutely beautiful, meticulously clean and polished. The food was to die for, again with a staff who always had a smile on their face and didn't overlook one thing. I would highly recommend The Windrift to any bride looking for a beautiful venue with a magnificent view of the Atlantic Ocean. It truly is an amazing dream come true venue. Michelle Sheeran North Wildwood, NJ

Wedding Brunch

Reviewed on 5/07/2015

My daughter's wedding brunch at the Windrift was everything we expected and more! The food was delicious, the service impeccable and the room looked absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend the Windrift for a wedding or any other event.

2015-05-09T18:37:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Maureen! Kate made a beautiful bride and it was our sincere privilege to host her special day.

Amazing and then :(

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Tiffany D

Planning our wedding with the help of DeeDee and Ronda was a great experience our food tasting was amazing from picking our foods to choosing our napkin colors. On the day of our wedding Nicholas allowed us to extra time in our condo so we could get ready and he was so amazing... Read More through out the entire experience! The ceremony was perfectly set up :) The food for the cocktail hour and reception were perfect everyone is still talking about it. Only problem was that in our food tasting I had chosen gray napkins and received blue on the tables at the reception... small but annoying problem. There reasoning was something the swatches don't match and I explained it was the proper color at the food tasting, there was barely an apology. Other than that everything was amazing until after the wedding when security called the police on one of our guests because they didn't believe they were of age after serving the guest all night at the wedding with no ID. When the ID was presented they believed it was fake but could have easily been remedied by approaching the groom or I. I believe the situation could have been handled in a better manner, without threatening our guest with removal from the hotel.

AMAZING Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Desi B

My husband and I had a FABULOUS wedding at the Windrift. It was everything we could ask for and more! Dee Dee, Paige, and Jillian were all attentive, personable, and there for our every need. The Chef at the Windrift made exquisite entries for our guests which left people... Read More talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding. In addition, our guests can not stop talking about what a wonderful venue we had and how incredible it was to have the ocean breeze as we celebrated throughout the night! A year later we are returning for our Anniversary and once again they have accommodated us! We would HIGHLY recommend the Windrift as an amazing wedding venue!

2014-05-18T17:28:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Desireé! We look forward to seeing you again for a lifetime of happy anniversaries.

Windrift

Reviewed on 11/22/2013 Regina G

This venue is one of the best beach front venues at the Jersey Shore!!! They are there for you step by step and provide you with top notch service. I have family and friend that to this day are still talking about the cocktail hour, food, open bar and venue service!

2013-11-25T14:28:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Regi! Best wishes for a wonderful married life.

Classy and exciting

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Jessica P

Picturesque, relaxing and yet exciting bachelorette weekend! The rooms were lovely and right on the beach. We loved the restaurants there too. Perfect for a girls trip of any size and style.

2013-11-15T14:51:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you and congratulations on your marriage!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Melissa W

I always wanted a beach wedding and the Windrift was perfect for us. The room is just simply beautiful and the views are incredible. DeeDee was a great help the entire time and had a wonderful laid back feel which helped with the stresses of planning a wedding. The tasting was... Read More outstanding. We felt like VIPs and the chef was open to suggestions too. The weekend of the wedding was fantastic. The staff was setting up for the wedding the night before and helped me to unload some of the items. The staff was accommodating and provided a low stress day for us. I was wowed when I finally saw the room for the wedding. The service and food was wonderful. Only negative is it is a bit pricy but its the shore. Thank you for an amazing wedding!

2013-11-14T09:08:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Melissa! Best wishes for a wonderful future.

rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Lucy B

my mother in law planned our rehearsal dinner with deedee from the windrift and has told me that she was a pleasure to work with! i was the bride, and i experienced delicious food and wonderful service at the windrift. even though i wasn't in my big white dress, everyone made... Read More sure they knew who i was and made sure i was well taken care of. everyone at the windrift is so nice. i would definitely recommend it!

2013-09-14T13:52:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you! May your life together be filled with joy, happiness and lots of love.

bridal shower

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Janine V

beautiful view, great size room, great service, private space

Breathtaking

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Justine U

Having my wedding reception at the Windrift was a dream come true! When I first saw the third floor deck of the Windrift from the beach I knew I had to have my wedding reception there. However, I was getting married in July which is peak season and they do not do weddings during... Read More that time of year. Luckily, I was persistent and their staff was accommodating! Since my reception was small and entailed heavy hors devours and cocktails we were able to make it happen! I cannot say enough about the amazing staff. Since I am out of town there were a lot of emails that went back and forth, but all came together in the end. DeeDee, Paige, and the chef were all involved in the planning and had great ideas and input though out the planning as well as the night of the wedding. I could not ask for a better group of people to work with. As a control freak it was hard for me to let go of the reigns when it came to setting up the reception, but DeeDee and Paige did a perfect job! Everything was so beautiful and just the way I had planned it. My family is still talking about the delicious food and the fabulous beer choices! I will sure be a night to remember and I highly recommend the Windrift. In addition I do have to make one comment. Although I have given all five stars and I loved everyone I worked with directly I do have to state that the general manager, Peter, was not the best person to work with. I understand that he has rules,but when dealing with people he is not very polite and is rather rude. He said a lot of harsh comments to me that I will never forget. So if you do choose the Windrift try not to deal with him because he may take some of your joy away.

An Event to Remember - Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 5/25/2013 Shannon P

This winter wedding was an event to remember! The setting was beautiful with views beyond compare. It has been months and guests are still talking about the wedding as the best wedding ever.The staff at the Windrift provided services above and beyond to make the planning process... Read More easy and stress free; attending to every need and desire nothing was too much trouble. The the presentation of the food was fabulous and equally delicious. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Every guest felt taken care of by the attentive staff. I can not say enough superlatives about the Windrift and staff. They created the perfect day for us that we will cherish forever. I recommend without reservation this venue for your wedding for any season. We plan to have all of our future large events at the Windrft.

Best Wedding Venue Ever,

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 LeeAnn J

The Windrift was hands down the most amazing wedding venue. We had our wedding on New Years Eve, and it was beautiful, fun, and absolutely perfect. Imagine what a wedding here in the summer would be like! It truly felt like a destination wedding, without having to go very... Read More far. First, the space. AMAZING. The huge window looking out over the beach is absolutely breathtaking. The beautiful blue walls, hanging lights, and the wine room! The wine room was perfect for some amazing pictures! We did cocktail style all night, and the room was a perfect size. Second, the food. Delicious. The sushi, sliders, and seafood were just amazing. Just go eat here once and you'll fall in love with the food as well. The drinks! They kept pouring them and they were delicious! Never a line at the bar because the staff was that good. The staff was amazing the night of the wedding. Attentive and fun! so if you are looking for a beautiful wedding, with delicious food, great drinks, and the best party atmosphere, the Windrift is the perfect place!

Perfect

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Kelly M

It is difficult to put into words just how grateful we are that we chose to have our wedding reception at the Windrift Hotel and Resort. Start to finish our experience was absolutely amazing. From the wedding coordinator, to the owners (who care so deeply about your... Read More experience) to the chef and staff, everyone put their best effort to make sure our wedding day was everything we could have dreamed of. As for the venue itself, there is nothing quite like staring at the ocean waves while watching the people you love the most share in your special day. We took photos on the beach, had a private cocktail hour with our wedding party on our own personal deck, danced the night away in a breathtaking hall, had a beautiful suite over looking the beach and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Perfect is possibly the only word fit to describe our wedding experience at the Windrift.