1880 Union Hotel

Los Alamos, CA

Historic Western Hotel for your memorable wedding!

Marvel in the grandeur of stepping into a bygone era. Built by Wells Fargo as a stagecoach stop in the late nineteenth century, this relic of the Old West now serves as an extravagant hotel and hosts weddings for up to 200 guests. Rich in history and authenticity, the 1880 Union affords you the opportunity to celebrate in memorable fashion. Included in the offering is private reign over the historic hotel, its inspiring event spaces, and a distinctive culinary experience customized to your desires. Our in-house wedding coordinator and dedicated team of professionals will see to every detail so you’re simply celebrating.

Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

362 Bell St, Los Alamos, CA (805) 344-2744

Reviewed on 2/15/2018 Valerie S

I do not if I can find the words to describe how amazing, magical, and wonderful this venue is. From the first moment my new husband and I walked in to the venue to the morning after our wedding the 1880 was amazing. We have so many complements from our guests that our wedding... Read More was one of the best they have ever been to, and we feel the same way. Ben (General Manager) was absolutely amazing, very informative and there every step of the way to help make your day amazing. The food was absolutely amazing, the signature cocktails phenomenal, and the ambiance of the place is utterly magical. William (chef) and Jesse (bar/ event manager) are absolute masters at their crafts and we had so many compliments on how amazing our food and drinks were. For the whole weekend from the moment of check-in with Chris and check-out they were so helpful, friendly, and so accommodating at such a wonderful and (at moments) stressful time. Chris was even helping us unload all our wedding supplies. And last but most definitely not least the 1880 provides a day of coordinator, Aly, through Tricia Dahlgren Events Company. Aly and her assistant Breanne were absolutely and utterly amazing. The day went off without a hitch and even the days leading up to it were perfect. Aly is on top of everything and made our day perfect and most importantly stress free. From setting up to breaking down and keeping us on our timeline and ensuring the bride and groom were feed and "hydrated" Aly and her time ran a tight and amazing ship. If you are looking for a magical day that you and all of your guests will remember for a lifetime we highly recommend this amazing and stunning venue. I am already ready to start planning our anniversary parties here, and believe me we will celebrate some big ones here!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Macy W

This is truly a spectacular venue with a magical and enchanted feeling from the moment you walk through the doors. The space is incredible, and manages to combine rustic charm with luxury and top notch customer service. General Manager Ben, Event Coordinator Aly, and Chef/Bar... Read More Magician/Owner Jesse were all an absolute dream to work with, full of unbridled and enthusiastic customer service, attention to detail, and personalized wedding planning services unlike any other venue out there. Truly an extraordinary experience to be able to reserve the entire venue for the entire weekend and celebrate with friends and family for so long. This property is absolutely enchanted and run by such a team of experts, you are sure to have to wedding of your dreams here. Could not recommend any higher or feel any more love for the hospitality and service we received, and we will be forever thankful.

Reviewed on 1/02/2018 Amy B

1880 was the best choice that we could have made for our wedding weekend. The venue was renovated early last year, and while it was gorgeous before, it is even better now. It has a vintage, and rustic quality that makes the chandeliers sparkle even brighter. Each area, be it the... Read More outside brick patio with a fireplace, inside lobby with an antique hotel feel, or the upstairs lounge with elegant and comfortable rooms- even a secret one- adds to the character of the venue. The look and feel alone are a reason to choose 1880. What sealed the deal for us was really the team. The approach that they take toward wedding planning is to work with you and customize every aspect of the day around the vision that you have, as opposed to picking "package A, B or C". Ben, Aly from Tricia Dahlgren Events, and the entire catering staff were all unbelievable. Ben consistently went above and beyond with logistical support and connecting us with vendors and local accommodations during the months leading up to event. Similarly, Aly was attentive and thoughtful, guided us through planning, and ensured a seamless wedding day. And, the food was absolutely incredible- fine dining quality for large groups is very hard to find and they nailed it. We highly recommended 1880 to anyone looking for their special event!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jenny S

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the 1880 Union Hotel! Ben & Aly Cokeley are so easy to work with, very accommodating and professional. We felt so well taken care of at every stage of the planning process and especially the day of. The staff was awesome, the food... Read More and drinks are fantastic. Also, it's immaculately clean and the attention to detail in decor is fabulous. This is no dusty, stodgy ole bed n breakfast. Its a well renovated old hotel in a GEM of a town (I'm almost hesitant to write too good of a review because I don't want Los Alamos to change one bit! HA!) We initially chose the venue because we wanted something unique... something with character but also really nice. We also loved the idea that both of our families could stay on the property. That was really great because it might be the only time we can get everyone in one place. A couple of our siblings hadn't even met yet so it was important that everyone be close together and share this time with us. We first saw the hotel in January (during the day of course) when the Ivy wasn't grown in and the rose bushes were not in bloom. It was of course, lovely but nothing like the magical beauty we enjoyed late summer for our wedding. With the string lights, the fireplace roaring, and the back of the hotel lit up at night... not only did it have character, but it was STUNNING! It far exceeded ours and our guests expectations. The Saloon attached was perfect for the after party and even had a live band playing. It was so much fun! We live in Southern California with no shortage of beautiful locations to get married... If I had an unlimited budget and I could have any Malibu mountaintop residence or palatial Los Angeles estate I wanted... I'd still pick the 1880 Union Hotel. It is truly that special of a place!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Kristin K

We recently got married here and had the best experience ever. We were looking to get married in Feb. 2018 but unfortunately due to family health issues we shot-gunned the wedding and decided in May 2017 to get married in Aug. 2017. As soon as I walked into the venue I knew it... Read More was the place. Ben was EXTREMELY wonderful to work with and helped us tremendously in the short time we planned the wedding. The property is beautiful and more than I could've imagined. Food was delish and the menu can be adjust to your desire. The chef is awesome. We even had a pizza waiting for us at the end of the night which is highly recommended. :) Aly managed day of/rehearsal and was helpful and professional. The hidden room and beautiful balconies are reason enough to book it. But the saloon, I love that saloon. There was a live band that played the night of our wedding and it couldn't have been a better to end the night. LOVE!!! Hair: @dosbyjanea Make Up: @barriking DJ: @gabevega Flowers: @thebloomingypsy / @evermorefloral Photography: @ashleymaxwellphoto Just a word of caution: The hotel across the street (The Alamo) was difficult for us to work with...I don't think they like weddings and at the time of my wedding put a $750 buy out charge on top of the room costs. We called and let them know we decided against the buy out as we weren't sure if we'd be able to fill the 19 rooms available (there are cute aribnb's near, other B&B’s and some family wanted to stay in Buellton) and told friends/family to just call book themselves. The hotel decided to then block our guests from booking by stating the hotel had been booked by another group, which it had not. It was a hassle but at the end of the day we did have guests booked rooms as they started to open up rooms as it got closer to the wedding. I suggest either paying for the full buyout to avoid issues or simply don't call and have guests start booking and not mention anything about a wedding! Plus another hotel near by (Skyview Motel) is being renovated and will be ready to book by the time you have your wedding at this AMAZING venue!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Meredith W

My husband and I just had our wedding at the 1880 Union. We fell in love with the town and looked into the venue. The location was gorgeous in the photos, but even more beautiful in real life. Working with the duo Aly and Ben was really great. They helped bring our vision to... Read More life and our guests truly had an amazing experience. Aly: she was able to handle the task of the wedding from the smallest details to the biggest. She did so with grace and confidence, the perfect combination for someone dealing with friends and family members. Ben was very hands on with the operations and made sure the food and DJ etc. were up to snuff. Our families also loved staying at the hotel-there is a great living room upstairs and a kids room that worked out great for our little nieces. The food was excellent. Thanks to the entire staff at the Union for making our wedding such an incredible experience. If you're considering having your wedding here-you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kim P

Do you want a magical, delightful, delicious, romantic, unforgettable, smoothly run wedding? Then get married at the 1880 Union Hotel. I cannot say enough good things about the 1880 Union Hotel & event staff. It is the PERFECT venue for a romantic wine country wedding. Good... Read More times are sure to be had. Beautiful, versatile outdoor/indoor setting, outstanding food & drink by Chef Brooke Stockwell & Jesse Brockman, stellar planning/coordination by Aly Cokely & Amanda Loesser of Tricia Dahlgren Events, and impeccable guest/hotel services by Ben Cokely. Sam Kapcio also gets mad props for getting the ball rolling on what many of our guests are saying is the best wedding they’ve ever been to!! Seriously. I don’t usually write (or read) lengthy reviews, but more detail is warranted as we are just over the moon with how well the team pulled everything off: Food & Beverage: The standard Union fare is rustic gourmet California cuisine at its finest, but Chef Brooke & Jesse can pull anything off; we wanted some southern flavors (Texas and New Orleans,) and they created several custom dishes for us including a queso bite app! (They talked me out of a queso fountain, which in retrospect would have been very unsexy ☺, so I am grateful for that.) The Union kitchen is completely accommodating to various tastes – the only thing they won’t do is use out-of-season, sub-par ingredients. Brooke’s signature tri-tip is OFF THE CHAIN and a must-have at any Union Event. The specialty cocktails were fabulous and a tad off the beaten path, so our more traditional guests had fun trying something new. (Although traditional drinks can of course be done.) And obviously…killer wine. Event Planning & Coordination: Aly was our angel throughout the planning phase – so responsive, so detail oriented, so caring and thoughtful. She helped us bring several wacky New Orleans-inspired ideas to life including a 6-piece jazz band parading through town & us throwing beads from the balcony, among others. She put our minds at ease that everything was taken care of, which is all you can hope for on your wedding day – to forget all the planning and have an awesome time. On the day of the wedding, Aly brought on the lovely consummate pro Amanda Loesser, who attended to the bridal party’s every need quickly and calmly, without missing a beat. In short, she kept me/us sane and I am so grateful for her presence!! The Venue & Hotel: Charming, recently renovated historic hotel with gorgeous outdoor gazebo setting for ceremony and awesome vintage details inside. Your wedding guests will never be bored because there are so many different areas and details to explore. The best part about this property is that our parents and almost the entire bridal party got to stay on the grounds all weekend, with a large common area, so it was like being in a dorm (in a great way) with all your closest loved ones all weekend. When you rent the Union for an event, you get the entire hotel to yourself! So much fun. Ben Cokely did a fabulous job with all of the room assignments and guests services – it was a lot of moving parts and he was consistently attentive, reliable, and always with a smile on his face. Not to mention he and Aly are just the cutest couple! ☺ THANK YOU 1880 Union Team, from the bottom of our hearts, for creating a beautiful, unforgettable wedding weekend for us. We hope to be back for an anniversary party or some sort of reunion before too long!! Big Hugs, Kimmie & Calvin