The Ceiling Draping Specialists

Avant Decor specializes in custom ceiling decor and we have extensive experience working in venues throughout Minnesota. We offer the widest variety of colored fabrics, paper lanterns and chandeliers in the Minneapolis area with affordable options to fit our clients varying decor budgets.

Lighting, Draping, Linens, Rentals + Equipment

2131 Broadway St NE, Minneapolis, MN

Amazing Vendor, Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Kristen A

I worked with Avant Decor to rent draping and chandeliers and just had the best experience. Elizabeth was extremely helpful, had great ideas, and was always very speedy with returning emails/phone calls. The venue was set up exactly as I had envisioned and they were even able to custom-make me an aisle runner. You won't be disappointed if you choose to work with them!

I loved working with Avant Décor!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Sara R

I had called around to many places and was looking for a company that would do the lighting for my wedding. When I told the vendors what I was looking for and I was quoted very high prices that were not in my budget. I decided to move forward without lighting. Then a few months before my wedding I told the coordinator of the venue I was using my original lighting idea and she gave me Elizabeth’s information and told me to call her. Elizabeth at Avant Décor was wonderful. She was so easy to work with and within the price range I was looking for. The lights were beautiful and gave our wedding a glowing outdoor look. Our guests just loved it! I have already recommended her to many other brides looking for wedding décor.

2013-10-17T08:02:38 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so glad that Robin referred you to us! Best wishes to you both!

elegance with ease

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Amy H

Elizabeth and Avant Décor were great to work with. We met with her once at the reception venue and discussed our vision. What we discussed was created to perfection on our wedding day with gorgeous draping and elegant lighting. The entire process was easy and worry-free. I highly recommend Avant Décor!

Cafe Lighting set the Tone

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Shelley K

Elizabeth at Avant was great to work with. She responded to emails quickly, offered to meet with me, and sent free wedding fair tickets. The event space we used allowed us to share lighting (my wedding was Friday and Saturday was another) and Avant let us share the cost for the lighting rental 50/50. It was a great way to save some money. The wedding and reception were at Harriet Island and we had cafe lighting inside the pavilion and on the north patio. I had several comments about how the lighting really accentuated the space. It also made the patio feel more intimate and private. I highly recommend this vendor for your lighting needs.

Beautiful Lighting

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Amanda J

I was very impressed with Avant Decor. I did not decide to use lighting until a few months before the wedding so I was a bit worried about being so last minute. I worked with Elizabeth and she was incredibly helpful and kind. She put together a very reasonable quote and did a great job keeping up with all my emails. The lighting was beautiful! We had cafe lighting and it really helped pull our theme together. Overall - it was a great experience to work with them.

Avant is Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 David A

We used Avant for our wedding and would HIGHLY recommend them! Elizabeth was wonderful to work with during the planning stages. She carefully listened to my vision for the ceiling decor and was eager to help. We chose lit paper lanterns in white, yellow and light grey. When I saw them for the first time, they took my breath away! They made the space look so beautiful and unique. In addition, Avant was BY FAR the best value over all of the other ceiling decor rental places I looked into. Their rate is all inclusive. This means there are no hidden fees for set-up, take-down, etc. They made it so easy! Everyone was very professional, timely, and kind. Do not hesitate to book Avant for your wedding or big event...you won't be disappointed!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Krystal K

They were willing to match our best offer and did a fabulous job.

Amazing service and beautiful decor!

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Emily H

Working with Avant was a great decision. My husband and I spoke with lots of different decor people, but the staff at Avant made us feel most comfortable. They even arranged with another company for us so that we could have a midnight balloon drop! Everything looked amazing and the draping and lights really changed the feel of the room. We couldn't be happier with the services we received!

Great service

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

Avant provided draping & chandeliers for our reception and they were great to work with. The decorations made such a difference & at a reasonable cost. Definitely recommending them!

Avant Decor Review - 6.29.13 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

Avant Decor provided beautiful cafe lighting for my sister's out of town outdoor wedding reception on 6.29.13. The company was professional to work with and had great creative ideas for the lighting. We appreciated being able to work with the owners directly, as they have a lot of experience on a wide range of venues which really helped make planning the event easy. The final result was timely, high quality, and set a beautiful / romantic ambiance for the whole evening! I would definitely recommend Avant Decor to any bride looking for creative and reliable service and beautiful wedding decor!

Avant Decor is AMAZING to work with!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

I absolutely loved what Avant Decor designed for my wedding! The tent was gorgeous.... with beautiful cafe lights and draping. The cocktail tables were perfection. The atmosphere was romantic, classic, and just beautiful! Melissa and Elizabeth were wonderful to work with. From the initial meeting, to the design stages, to the final product. I was so impressed with their professionalism and creativity.

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Tyler B

For our wedding we used Avant Décor for café lighting and paper lanterns over our dance floor and head table! I absolutely loved it! It made the room feel magical and a little special something. I felt the pricing was VERY reasonable and they were great to work with!

Beautiful, budget friendly

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Erika F

I heard about this place through a coworker and they were the preferred vendor for my reception hall. We had a limited budget for the draping and decorating of our hall. Working with the vendor was easy, communication was easy and the final product was amazing. they worked with our Reception Hall who had to change our reception room to ensure our budget and the new room size would work out well. In the end, I walked in to my reception hall and it took my breath away. I recommend working with these ladies. They do an amazing job!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Lori P

Avant did an excellent job understanding my daughter's wishes and delivering! Thank you for the beautiful reception at St. Kates. I was delighted with the outcome. I received many compliments during and after the wedding!

June 22 wedding reception

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 sherry D

They were very helpful and easy to work with. The drapes and lights made our wedding magical. Thank you.

Memorial Weekend bride

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Becky H

We used Avant for the ceiling draping and lighting. I was really impressed with their flexibility. We got married over Memorial weekend and there were weddings at our reception venue the nights before and after ours. All 3 of us couples chose this vendor and they split the contract 3 ways so we were each responsible for our own portion (instead of 1 fronting it all and waiting to be reimbursed).

MOB

Reviewed on 1/22/2013 Susan E

Elizabeth,from Avant Decor, was recommended to me by my florist and by the venue. She was fabulous working with the look of the wedding which was lacey and locating lacey swags for the dance floor. She then worked with our florist to create a "ball of Baby's Breath" for a center focal point. My daughter did not want the organza swag and she just wanted something over the dance floor. She allowed me to surprise her and she loved it. Elizabeth was really good about communicating ideas, involving the florist and me. Very happy with the look and the price and took all the pressure away.

ceiling draping

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Lindsey F

Very beautiful work they go above and beyond to put those special touches into decorating

A must have!

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 dawn a

Avant was wonderful to work with. Our daughter's wedding was at Earle Brown Heritage Center in the Harvest Room which has a feeling of a beautifully renovated stable. Anyone signing this room MUST go with the cafe lighting, it was great and fit the decor giving it a very warm and festive look. The arch was used for the fountain side ceremony and looked great. Everything turned out beautiful and this extra step pulls it all together! Wonderful people to work with and most importantly they communicate often and promptly! thanks for a great job!!

cafe lights set the mood!

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Sarah S

I loved getting to work with Elizabeth at Avant Decor! She was quick with her email replies and drove out to see our venue to make sure that they could string many cafe lights throughout the entire venue. She was quick to provide information and she made everything hassle free! They hung the lights and took down the lights completely on schedule and were so friendly to work with! I would most definitely do business through them again!

Beautiful ceiling

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Jenny T

Elizabeth of Avant Decor came through for us in every way at my daughter and son-in-law's recent wedding. The setting was a small ski chalet and they transformed the space with lovely draping and lighting. Everyone was pleased with the results. Elizabeth was prompt, courteous, and followed through on all of our requests. Highly recommended.

Absolutely gorgeous - and easy to work with!

Reviewed on 7/25/2012 Sonja B

Avant Decor made the process so easy. All I had to do was tell them I wanted them, sign the contract, send in the money, and they took it all from there. No coordinating with delivery or set-up, no frantic last minute emails, no phone calls. I walked out of my getting-ready room on the day of the wedding and looked out on a beautifully draped Landmark Center without having to do a thing. Thank you!! Their prices are around $100 per drape and we had 7 drapes, plus one behind our head table so we ended up paying $750. It is a lot of money, but if you want good draping, that is what it costs.

Absolutely Beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Laura S

We used Avant Decor for our wedding. We were able to team up with the wedding party that was using our same banquet hall the next night so this cut our price in half. The place looked beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The price even without splitting was great for what you got! I would use them again for other events and recommend them to friends and family

Super Quick

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Maggie Mae C

The women who came in and did the draping for the ceremony took no time at all. It was amazing how well it transformed the site and made everything so beautiful. It was one less thing that I had to think about!

Great service, and reasonably priced!

Reviewed on 5/09/2012 Olin M

Thank you Avant Decor! The draping for Lisa's wedding at the Fountains at Ramsey was EXACTLY what we asked for! No suprises, on time, affordable, clean and, and transformed the room. We will be recommending you any chance we get! Sincerely, Michelle Murray Stems Events

TO Avant Decor