The Ceiling Draping Specialists

Avant Decor specializes in custom ceiling decor and we have extensive experience working in venues throughout Minnesota. We offer the widest variety of colored fabrics, paper lanterns and chandeliers in the Minneapolis area with affordable options to fit our clients varying decor budgets.

Lighting, Draping, Linens, Rentals + Equipment

2131 Broadway St NE, Minneapolis, MN (952) 239-0480

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Emily R

This company was so professional and easy to work with. Our interactions included one in-depth meeting to discuss options. They helped me do everything within my budget. Their pricing is simple and transparent. I didn't worry about anything the day of the wedding. They... Read More coordinated with my venue, showed up, set up and came back to uninstall lights at the end of the night. They were wonderful!

2016-06-04T09:41:24 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working with you Emily! So glad we could help make the day special for you. Best wishes to you both!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Katie E

Loved working with Avant! Once I picked out what I wanted I didn't have to do anything else! Avant worked with my venue to coordinate everything and it looked amazing! It was nice to have one less thing to worry about or keep track of.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Gina W

Avant Decor was our saving grace in planning our wedding. After some very poor encounters with other rental companies, we came across Avant and they were able to take care of our order no problem. Elizabeth and the rest of the staff were so fantastic and helpful when we met with... Read More them and then again when we picked up and dropped off our order. They were flexible and really allowed us to do our wedding decorations how we wanted! I would 100% highly recommend working with them!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 cyndie v

We recently worked with Elizabeth Partyka of Avant Décor out of Minneapolis, MN - it was one of the most awful and unprofessional experiences we’ve ever had with a vendor. Our first option was already booked so she was our second option, only because from the get go, she openly... Read More said she was able to “replicate” the designs that we wanted – which were flat swags that formed a star shape into the center of the ceiling, we even sent her SAMPLES. We made sure to send samples so there would be no mistakes, as this design was something my parents specifically wanted! To keep this short and to the point, about 2wks prior to our event, I find out that she had our entire vision and design wrong. At this point she still had no clue where to hang our chandelier and that our backdrop was going on a stage after months of communication (which I initiated most of the conversations). Thank god I asked her to recap what she was going to do, otherwise we would have gotten to our venue day of and be completely shot by surprise and utter disappointment. Unlike ANY other vendors I have ever dealt with, rather than apologizing and trying to make things right, especially now due to time, she starts to attack me and blame me for all of this miscommunication. Yet she still has the audacity to play victim and pout over the fact that I called her “unprofessional”. Indeed she was! It gets better – she knew we had been planning a whole year for my parents RETIREMENT party to celebrate all the good deed they’ve done in their life, so she bails out on the entire event. At 2 wks prior to an event that has taken a whole year to put together, not to mention the money and effort, she left us STRANDED, in DISTRAUGHT, and DISTRESSED. No remorse what-so-ever. So WARNING – she will not think twice about leaving you high and dry, even if it’s just to prove a point, just for her own satisfaction, all because I called her unprofessional. In this day in age, I could have called her a lot worse for doing such a horrible job and pulling that kind of a surprise at 2wks to the event. Please don’t put yourself, or your loved ones in this kind of predicament. I have an entire blog review of all the specifics and email proofs that went down and my full review is also on the BBB website.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Ali U

Avant Décor was so easy to work with! I met with Elizabeth to discuss what I envisioned and she made it all happen. She had options for lights only, drapes only, or both. Draping came in several different colors and she suggested different ways to get the look I wanted. She... Read More coordinated with the venue to arrange all of the set up and tear down and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend Avant Décor to anyone who is interested in lighting or draping or both!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Anita S

If you're looking for a company that will ignore your calls and emails, make you schedule multiple meetings, and then after four months tell you they can no longer provide what was discussed in a contract "due to unforeseen changes in the company," then this is the company for... Read More you! This company does not value their customers. When you call, their voicemail says they don't have a full time secretary, and they will get back to you within 24 hours. This is a lie. This company is nothing more than disappointments and headaches. I wish someone would have told me to stay away from Avant and Elizabeth.

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Berit L

The team at Avant Décor was incredibly helpful in picking out the perfect decorations for our space. They were familiar with our venue and took over all of the details/planning once I had selected the elements that I wanted. It almost seemed too good to be true, but sure... Read More enough they came through and executed PERFECTLY on the wedding day. We couldn't have been happier with their décor and working with them was so pleasant and easy! I'm so happy to have gotten a recommendation for Avant!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Nicole L

I worked with Elizabeth at Avant Decor for the ceremony backdrop for my New Years Eve wedding. Everything was so quick and painless in working with Elizabeth, I almost forgot to review this vendor! The backdrop was beautiful, Elizabeth worked really well with my venue... Read More coordinator and myself, and the pricing for the backdrop was very reasonable. I very much recommend this Avant Decor for draping and backdrop needs!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Shannon M

Elizabeth was fantastic to work with, and everything turned out beautifully. A great value too for ceiling draping and ceremony arch.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Nikki P

We rented a backdrop for a wedding and it was exactly what we requested.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Max M

Avant is amazing, and so wonderful to work with from start to finish. Elizabeth is incredibly knowledgeable and guided us through the process of enhancing our venue with draping and lighting - all the while making it feel easy!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lindsay M

I couldn't be MORE pleased with Avant Decor. I contacted Avant Decor last minute scambling to find someone to decorate for our outdoor ceremony. They came in, did what they said they would for decorations (it looked beautiful!) and took it down at the end. Simple and perfect.... Read More Thank you thank you thank you!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Susan B

Avant Decor is the best! My husband and I were planning an outdoor tented reception with no vision of our own. Elizabeth helped us see a vision and make it all come together. She is an absolute master with decorating. From the draping to centerpieces to decorating the common... Read More areas outside the tent, Avant Decor absolutely exceeded our expectations. The transformation of the property was unbelievable. Elizabeth is professional, kind, inventive and passionate, all qualities you want in someone that is helping you create the perfect wedding! We cannot thank Avant Decor enough and we are so grateful for the talent and expertise. It was the best day of our lives and Elizabeth helped make it all come together. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Ericca G

The drapery and lighting for our wedding and reception turned out baurifully!!! It made all the pictures look like a fairy tale.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Swapnil M

Elizabeth was great to work with. Right from our first meeting, she was warm and receptive to our requests. I and my partner got married on Labor day weekend in both Indian and American wedding styles and so worked with her to come with the backdrop decoration that could go for... Read More both Indian and American wedding style. It looked amazing and our guests loved it too. She also decorated the whole venue with cafe lighting which made it look so beautiful. Overall very happy and would highly recommend Avant Decor.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Jordyn P

I would highly recommend Avant Decor! They were so easy to work with and handled everything with our venue. The lighting they did for our wedding was more than we could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Erik W

Elizabeth was great to work with! For our wedding, Avant used blue lanterns and cafe lighting outside. Both were perfect. Our decorations were absolutely beautiful and set an amazing ambiance for our wedding. Thanks so much!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Phyllis M

The lighting that Avant did for my wedding looked gorgeous. They were very easy to deal with and did a great job!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Marcia A

GREAT SERVICE! Elizabeth is so professional and sweet. I enjoyed working with her. I literally did not have to worry about anything regarding my drapes. Avant Decor is the best!! I was a HAPPY BRIDE!!

Daughter's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Debbie S

Avant was wonderful to work with and did an excellent job with the lighting at the reception venue! It added so much to the ambiance!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Rebecca V

Avant decor did a beautiful backdrop for my outdoor ceremony and ceiling draping for my indoor reception. I was blown away by the transformation of the space when I arrived on our wedding day! Everything looked amazing - the draping and ceremony backdrop created a beautiful... Read More ambiance for my wedding. The process was extremely simple - all I had to do was to let Avant Decor know what color/style I was interested in and they really took care of the rest. They even contacted the reception venue themselves to coordinate the setup. No planning, no coordinating, no hassles! Being able to rely on their expertise is truly a relief when you're in the middle of planning a million other wedding details such as invitation fonts, table arrangements, and how to convince your future mother-in-law to whittle down her guest list. :) I would absolutely recommend Avant Decor to anyone I know!

Ceiling Decor for Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Jenna S

Avant Decor decorated the ceiling for our wedding at Harriet Island. They put up white draping with twinkle lights and a chinese lantern center drop. It was gorgeous! They meet you in person to discuss options and show pictures which is great, and are very quick to respond to... Read More emails. We received a ton of compliments on it! Highly recommend!

Just what we wanted

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Debbi D

Working with Elizabeth was one of the reasons for choosing Avant Décor, very professional and accommodating. She helped us fine tune our vision with her experienced "eye"! Avant's working relationship with our venue was a big stress reliever; they already knew the area, knew... Read More what we were referring to and even had pictures of Avant's handy work for us to view. With our choices finalized, Avant took care of all the contacting whomever, setup, take down etc. When the BIG day arrived everything looked beautiful, just as discussed many months earlier. Very professional staff and of course the most important thing - their pricing was spot on, no hidden costs, very affordable!

Super Happy

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Missy S

Although we were not the biggest spenders, we were treated great! The lighting was just the right touch to make our space shine. Thanks, it was a pleasure working with you!

Cafe Lighting set the Tone

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Shelley K

Elizabeth at Avant was great to work with. She responded to emails quickly, offered to meet with me, and sent free wedding fair tickets. The event space we used allowed us to share lighting (my wedding was Friday and Saturday was another) and Avant let us share the cost for the... Read More lighting rental 50/50. It was a great way to save some money. The wedding and reception were at Harriet Island and we had cafe lighting inside the pavilion and on the north patio. I had several comments about how the lighting really accentuated the space. It also made the patio feel more intimate and private. I highly recommend this vendor for your lighting needs.