Cape Cod's foremost caterer for over 20 years

Memorable weddings don't just happen. They require outstanding food, gracious service and sparkling style. Let Casual Gourmet steer you to the perfect venue, personalize a menu, and walk you through each step of planning a wedding to remember. 2007 CATIE award-winner Signature Caterer; Best Wedding

Cuisine

American, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Passed Appetizers, Servers, Food + Catering

31 Richardson Road, Cape Cod, MA (508) 775-4946

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 ERICA M

The management (Olive) and staff were exceptional. When you are planning a wedding there are more things you dont know than those you do. I felt as if Olive and her team took us in made sure we understood the benefits, risks, do's and dont's and cans and can'ts. The experience... Read More was truly amazing and with their help our daughter's wedding went to a level beyond excellent. Everyone we spoke to at the wedding said it was the best that they had ever attended and without Olive and her amazing staff at Casual Gourmet I am certain it would have not been as flawless and from my perspective not as easy. If you are a parent and what that amazing day for your child you will not have time to cover every detail, nor know which level of importance any detail requires. I can not speak anything but the highest praises about them. On a scale of 1-10, they are 15. After having evaluated food from other caterers we saw no option even close to the variety, quality, the presentation and the taste. We were well rewarded by this decision. The bartenders, professional, quality cocktails and excellent oversight towards those that perhaps had a tendency to empty their glasses too quickly and return for more. Thank you. Even though we also had some traditional European wedding cakes, the one prepared by Casual Gourmet was wonderful. I know this sounds like Im a fan, which I am. However, if you are considering any event, wedding, etc. it should be a MUST that you at least evaluate Casual Gourmet and their services, you would be doing a diservice to yourself, your loved ones or your clientele. A final item, their cost was completely in line and I very much feel that if you take into consideration the quality and professionalism, you are getting a bargain. I have one daughter left and sometime in the near future I will be back at Casual Gourmet, having Olive and her staff helping me to plan and execute another phenomenal wedding. Thank you Olive. Thank you to the amazing staff.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Alicia O

Olive and her team are truly outstanding. Olive is exceptionally knowledgable about catering best practices, timing of the day as well as popular venues around the Cape - lending her expert opinion for most wedding related questions. Her team is remarkably responsive (easily... Read More accessible by email) and willing to accommodate most requests. My wedding day went off without a hitch (even in a tropical storm!) with her and her team: the bar service was insanely fast with never any lines, our buffet was the fastest anyone had ever seen they said, their menu to select from was out of this world (and the tasting with Olive was SO fun!), and the breakdown and clean-up of the tent after was phenomenal. Honestly I don't think my husband and I could be happier that we went with Casual Gourmet - cannot recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Candace C

The Casual Gourmet is the BEST of the best. I went into the wedding planning process pretty unsure of what I wanted for food/ catering experience. Olive and her team at the Casual Gourmet delivered! Mary was our personal wedding coordinator, which is part of the service provided... Read More and SO SO worth it. Mary and the team met with my husband and I for food tastings, table ware, etc. They worked with our other vendors to ensure everything ran perfectly on the day of. The food is incredible as well. They are able to accommodate most any menu desired! Our guests were raving about the food and still are. Service was seamless, food was incredible, the cake was beautiful and delicious, and the whole day went off without a hitch- all thanks to Mary, Olive and the entire CG staff! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Amber P

Casual Gourmet catered and organized our wedding at Highfield Hall this August. Lisa was our coordinator and she went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and make sure the day went as planned. The food was amazing, there were more than enough servers and bartenders... Read More for the crowd, and I never worried about how things were going because I trusted Lisa had control of it all. They also catered my sister in law's wedding and did an amazing job then, as well. I strongly recommend them! Also, our cake was delicious.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Kaitlyn K

Casual Gourmet made the most delicious cake for our wedding. They have a vast selection of scrumptious cake/filling/frosting options that are all incredible. We selected a lemon cake with raspberry mousse filling and buttercream frosting that our guests could not stop talking... Read More about. We gave a photo of a specific cake that Casual Gourmet was able to emulate.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Magdalena L

Our wedding cake was THE BEST RED VELVET we have ever had!! We sent a picture to the baking department, and they made it just perfect! We also had a small mini version of our wedding cake for my parents' anniversary, and it looked amazing! So pretty and delicious!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Wendy S

Everyone still talks about how amazing our cake was! (And it was vegan, to boot!). I was reading my search for a tasty dairy free wedding cake and started at The Casual Gourmet on the recommendation of our venue. As soon as I told Marcie that I needed a dairy free cake she... Read More immediately extolled the virtues of their chocolate WWII cake and how many ch she loved it. My husband is a chocoholic so we were planning on chocolate anyway--fate! For our tasting Marcie made a special batch of soy free frosting to see if it would work for the cake (my family has a variety of food limitations). The soy frosting wasn't strong enough for a tiered cake so she offered to make a few cupcakes for those who needed the special frosting. Our second favorite part was this amazing raspberry preserve frosting she made--the same fresh raspberry taste but softened with the frosting. We chose it for the inner layer and, since it had a beautiful dusty rose color, some of the flowers. I'm thrilled to have a bunch leftover so we can pull it out of the freezer throughout the year and remember our special day.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Audra M

Flawless planning, organization, and service. Olive took complete control of our day so we did not have to worry about anything. She even scared away the expected thunderstorms :) The staff was efficient and professional, always asking me and the groom if we needed anything. The... Read More food was beyond delicious and any suggestions or changes we made, the chefs were very accommodating. The cake was outstanding and the design was exactly what we imagined. Our guests cannot stop talking about the food. Highly suggest buffet and the SUMMER RISOTTO!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jenna L

I worked with Brittany and she was great. Our wedding and groom's cake were exactly what we wanted and so delicious too. The groom's cake was a surprise for my groom and his family, a pizza cake that had a lot of meaning and when they saw it, they were all in tears, of... Read More happiness. The design of both cakes were what I had envisioned, or really, just awesome. This was a destination wedding so we worked via phone and email and the communication was wonderful. We had leftover and everyone was fighting over it the next day, it was so delicious! We enjoyed the Top of our cake the next 3 days:) Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Julie C

We got our wedding cake from Casual Gourmet. They were easy to do business with, had amazing cake and were very reasonably priced!! The cake was delicious!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Sarah G

We worked with The Casual Gourmet for our June 2017 wedding at the Heritage Museum and Gardens. Not only is their food truly exceptional (not your average wedding food!), but working with Lisa K as our coordinator made it possible for me to forego hiring a wedding planner. Lisa... Read More was so helpful to us for the year + we were planning the wedding, and our big day went off without a hitch thanks to her work behind the scenes. Do yourself a favor and hire them for your Cape wedding!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Katie A

We had a stellar experience with Casual Gourmet who catered our daughters wedding for 160 people in mid June in our back yard. Everything about the experience was a pleasure, from the initial tempting menu and price offerings , the better than any restaurant tasting meal in... Read More January, to the truly amazing hors d'oevres that every guest praised and the delicious dinners, delivered quickly, and warm and that were consumed with gusto. The serving staff was attractive, well trained and so pleasant to deal with. Olive herself was more than helpful. A true Queen of organization and fine dining. The cleanup at the end left our yard immaculate. There was literally nothing to complain about. We were totally delighted with the entire experience and can recommend Casual Gourmet highly.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Don .

Casual Gourmet recently catered our wedding. The food was wonderful, actually the wedding food was even better than the tasting and we were so happy with the quality and quantity. Everyone said the wedding cake was the best they ever had. The wedding coordinator that worked... Read More with us throughout planning was sick the day before the wedding, so another filled in, which was somewhat stressful trying to get up to speed the day before the wedding, and working with a very different style of coordinator. I'm sure this is a very rare occurrence, and would highly recommend Casual Gourmet's food and cakes!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Eliza H

What tasty and beautiful cakes! We got married at the Coonamessett Inn, and they have a cake contract with the casual gourmet, which worked out well because we were able to pay for it all on the same bill (one less thing to worry about). We had a great time at the cake tasting... Read More and chose white vanilla cake with raspberry filling and vanilla frosting, then chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla frosting. The fillings are totally worth it! We had leftover cake and served it at the day-after brunch and it was a total hit two days in a row! They have a wide variety of cake designs- we picked the sandy/shell design that had white chocolate sea shells as well as some real sea shells too. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Genna S

Casual Gourmet did the cake for our wedding. They were so easy to work with and despite us only having one bite of the cake at our reception, all of our guests raved about it! The design was exactly what we wanted and it all looked so beautiful put together.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Megan F

Where do I begin to describe just how incredible Olive and the Casual Gourmet staff were to have as a part of our wedding. I can honestly say that there is no way our wedding would have run as smoothly as it did without Olive and her incredible staff. First lets talk about the... Read More food. The food is incredible, and both my husband and I come from large Italian families who are very picky about food, and we are still hearing from our friends and family about how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. On top of that, I have celiac disease and a dairy allergy and Olive and her staff made it so easy for our wedding food to be allergy friendly, and they even made me a vegan/gluten free wedding cake tier which was AMAZING. But honestly, when you hire Olive and her Casual Gourmet staff you are getting so much more than incredible food, you are getting the support and organization from one of the most respected caterers on Cape Cod, I would even go as for to say all of New England. Olive has incredible relationships with all of the vendors we worked with (all of them LOVE working with her), and was able to make sure that our wedding day ran so smoothly. We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors. For over a year Olive and her staff worked with us to make sure everything was being arranged and planned well. She was honest with her opinions when I maybe had something in mind that just wasn't realistic, and I think that really helped me stay on track, and plan a wonderful wedding. Olive was also there with her staff days before our wedding making sure our vendors were staying on track, and things were running according to plan. I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day. I could go on and on, but honestly there is no one better than Olive and Casual Gourmet, I can't recommend this company highly enough.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Shannon I

Working with Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet could not have gone any smoother! The planning process was seamless and they took care of every detail. Extremely detail oriented and on top of their game. Received so many compliments on the food. Appetizers are creative and... Read More perfect for any Cape Cod Wedding. Not your traditional boring wedding plates! They made our day simply perfect and would highly recommend them to any of my friends and family!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Julia K

The Casual Gourmet was excellent to work with. Olive and her team are very professional and even help to coordinate with your other wedding vendors. I received numerous compliments from guests regarding the great service and the amazing food.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Meghan M

The Casual Gourmet was a huge part of our wedding day. Not only did they provide delicious passed apps and dinner, but they also acted as a wedding coordinator. Olive actually suggested the venue we ended up choosing (Nauticus Marina), and Kelly supported the wedding planning... Read More throughout the months leading up to it and coordinated day of. It was so nice to have her in contact with the tent company, florist, band, etc. and facilitate the schedule day of. We were able to be carefree and completely enjoy ourselves at our wedding because Kelly had everything running so smoothly behind the scenes. Additionally, the staff was wonderful. Passed apps were never far from reach, meals were cleared quickly, and the bartenders and waitstaff were really friendly. It's no surprise that Casual Gourmet comes so highly recommended - they are exceptional!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Caroline C

Casual Gourmet's food is delicious. From the cake to the potato side dish and the appetizer lobster roles, everything was amazing. They as a staff are very professional and things went extremely smoothly. The company is very responsive, via phone or email, which is much... Read More appreciated. The owners know everyone in weddings on the Cape, and are absolute pros at managing the weddings the weekend of. I had zero worries about officially handing over the reins to my big day, and Olive helped it go off without a hitch. I could not have done it without them and I couldn't recommend them more.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Rosemary S

The Casual Gourmet did the cake for our wedding last September on Cape Cod and it was delicious!! We actually needed a gluten free cake and I was terrified by what this meant for our non gluten free guests. I should not have worried at all. No one ever would have been able to... Read More guess that what they ate was gluten free. It was moist and flavorful and not at all like some of the heavy/dry gluten free cakes out there. Plus I LOVED that lemon cake was available as a gluten free option! Most bakeries only had vanilla or chocolate. We did lemon cake with lemon curd filling!! Yum!! It even tasted good after a year in the freezer when we had it again for our anniversary. As for decorations they had a ton of pretty options, but we just wanted a simple, elegant white cake with real flowers (from our florist) on the top. They did a beautiful job with this as well. I would highly recommend Casual Gourmet to anyone looking for a wedding cake on Cape Cod... gluten free or otherwise... I only wish I could click my heels and transport myself from NJ to the cape for another slice right now!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Hollis S

The Casual Gourmet, specifically Mary, did an excellent job on our wedding. All of our guests raved that the food was superb, from a make your own clam chowder bar during cocktail hour to the risotto served as a side with our meal. Mary was matter-of-fact and easy to work with.... Read More She was there for our rehearsal and made sure that everything looked just as we wanted the day of our wedding and that the day ran smoothly. I would certainly recommend the Casual Gourmet to other brides!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Meg S

Perfect! That one word describes every aspect of our daughter's recent wedding at Heritage Gardens in Sandwich. Casual Gourmet outdid themselves in all ways. We had so many compliments on the beautiful setting AND the yummy food. Mary Lyons, who acted as our "coordinator,"... Read More was with us every step of the way and was responsive to our many questions, calming to our concerns and a true professional. We were thrilled with how the day unfolded.

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Nancy T

Casual Gourmet was an excellent choice to cater our daughter's wedding. They provided wonderful advice about every detail of the whole event planning process. They helped us every step of the way. Our event coordinator, Kelly Field, was superb. She was an incredible help to... Read More us. The day of the wedding went so smoothly thanks to all her attention to the details. All our guests commented about the wonderful food, service and setting. Thank you Casual Gourmet!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Megan H

Casual Gourmet did an amazing job at our outdoor June wedding! We could not have been more pleased with the food and service. We did their lobster and filet duet, which was cooked perfectly. During the reception guests were raving about how delicious the food was! More... Read More importantly, Mary was fantastic to work with. She was extremely knowledgable, responsive, patient and organized. She helped us through all the planning details for the ceremony and reception. We cannot thank Mary and the Casual Gourmet staff enough!