Charleton Churchill Photography

SF, Napa, Carmel, Santa Rosa, Northern California

Adventurous, natural, documentary, candid, elegant

Charleton not only delivers extraordinary photography with the highest ratings and reviews from his couples, but he's also personable, a good listener, paying attention to detail and your needs. His passion is documenting the one day of your life you'll want to remember with style, creativity, fun, and adventure. Charleton is also an adventure wedding photographer who also photographed a couple at Mt. Everest Base Camp in 2015 when the Nepal Earthquake hit and will return in 2017 for another wedding. He also photographs adventure weddings in Tahoe, Yosemite National Park, and other mountainous regions. He was named in the TOP 100 wedding photographers in the USA/Canada and received the prestigious Sony Impact Award for his effort and fundraising in Nepal.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

San Francisco, CA SF, Napa, Carmel, Santa Rosa, Northern California (209) 603-1741

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Victoria M

Charleton was amazing on all levels. We never imagined we would get such a perfectly captured wedding in Yosemite National Park and have such a wonderful experience. In addition to his talented photography skills, Charleton has an amazing personality that made 5 hours of photos... Read More seem so comfortable. My husband and I are no models so we were nervous that the photoshoot would be filled with awkwardness. Charleton put us at ease and it felt as if we had been friends with him for years instead of strangers. He was very easy going and flexible with the plans. Since we got married the last week of December, there was no telling what the weather would be in Yosemite. He had such a knowledge of the park and a true eye for a great photo setting. He was a great communicator and posted some sneak peak photos as early as one day after the wedding! We got all of our photos back quickly and were overjoyed. I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants the best wedding photos ever!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Carmelita A

Charleton Churchill Photography is simply beyond amazing. He has phenomenal vision and takes advantage of every opportunity to capture the perfect moment. We opted to do the adventure session for our engagement photos and it was an amazing experience. Charleton has fun and... Read More adventurous personality that will make every couple feel comfortable. On the wedding day, he just worked his magic and made every photo look amazing. We have absolutely no regrets and are certain he is the very best photographer in business. Thank you, Charleton! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rose N

If you're looking for a photographer who is creative, passionate, and has a sharp eye for delivering epic adventurous wedding shoots, then Charleton is your man. We didn't know what to expect when we first met Charleton; however, we were instantly sold by his incredible... Read More portfolio and enthusiasm to find the perfect backdrops and conditions for taking beautiful and memorable pictures. Although we are still anxiously awaiting to see the results of our shoot, we are confident they will turn out amazing. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Liz N

We absolutely loved working with Charleton! Not only is he an amazingly talented artist, he is also an amazing person. He was so easy going and professional and made the entire experience fun and exciting. My husband and I are not normally comfortable in front of the camera,... Read More but Charleton made it feel so natural. His work is truly breathtaking. Our engagement photos turned out beautiful. We cannot wait to see our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Austin F

My wife and I hired Charleton to shoot our wedding on October 15th of this year and we were nothing short of pleased. The day of our wedding the weather decided not to cooperate and rained heavily the entire day but Charleton made the best of it and was able to use the lighting... Read More from the clouds to capture some amazing shots. Towards the end of the receptions and the sun had gone down Charleton wanted to get a few shots with some different backgrounds and had one awesome idea after the other which turned out to be nothing short of incredible. Charleton worked with us to make sure we got all of the photos that we had envisioned in our head and he helped make them a reality and then some that we wouldn't have even thought of. Overall if was a great experience to work with him and the photos we've seen look incredible. We can't wait to get them back so we can show off our magical day with the incredible photos.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lyndsie G

Charleton was beyond amazing from the way he interacted with us all the way through to the finished product! We couldn't speak highly enough of him and will be recommending him to anyone looking for photography!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jennifer G

I could not be more happy with my decision to hire Charleton and his team for our wedding. His work speaks for itself, but it doesn't tell you about the man behind the camera. Charleton and his assistant went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. From giving my bridesmaid... Read More aspirin, to reminding my mother in law to breathe before the ceremony, everything they did- was absolute perfection. I felt so comfortable with them throughout the entire day and during all of the photo sessions and I don't typically feel comfortable in front of a camera. Also, if you want a photographer who is willing to climb a mountain to get you the most unique shots possible, he's the right choice.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Stephanie K

Charleton did the photography for my wedding. What I wanted were photos that would allow me to re-live the day that I married my best friend. That is exactly what I got. Charleton was able to capture photos of all the special moments, all the little details that I had been so... Read More proud of, candid photos of my loved ones, and of course some epic photos that I can not wait to blow up and hang on the wall. I absolutely love looking through these wedding photos because every time I do, it makes me feel as if I am experiencing that day all over again. Charleton was also really down to earth and easy to work with. This was really important to both me and my husband since neither one of us is too comfortable in front of a camera. However, Charleton really took the time to connect with us during our engagement photo session, which made us much more comfortable on the actual wedding day. Charleton also took the time to discuss the option of a "First Look" with us. I am SOOOO glad that he did. This was an option that really worked for our wedding timeline, and gave us more time to spend with our wedding guest which was extremely important. Another unexpected surprise was how quickly we received our wedding photos. We received them so quickly, that we were able to use our wedding photos as the cover of our thank you cards. Our friends & family absolutely loved this. I highly recommend Charleton

Reviewed on 10/14/2016

After going through this entire experience, I couldn't imagine having anyone other than Charleton Churchill there with us on our special day shooting our Wedding photos. I absolutely cherish photos in general, so I researched long and hard looking for a Photographer that had... Read More the style and “look” that I wanted to capture one of the biggest milestones in our lives. Once I came across samples of Charleton’s work, I knew immediately that he was the perfect fit. His work just spoke to me and it elicited such emotion. I spoke to my husband/showed him some sample photos, and he completely agreed. I called Charleton immediately in hopes that he would still have our date available, which he did! I spent a few minutes chatting with him, and I could tell right away that he was a calm, easy-going, authentic person – we totally clicked. We went first to shoot our Engagement Photos with him a few months prior to the wedding up in Jackson, CA. It was over 100 degrees that day but you would never even know it from the absolutely beautiful pictures. My husband and I have really never been professionally photographed before, so we weren’t sure exactly what to expect but Charleton was so cool and collected. He helped guide us through the whole experience with ease, and we were really able to loosen up completely. The photos turned out just gorgeous and we also had such a fun time during our shoot with him. Fast forward to our Wedding Reception Day (we had a private ceremony in Tahoe a couple days prior) and we were running a bit behind with getting ready (of course!) and feeling slightly stressed. When Charleton arrived, he didn’t even miss a beat – He totally put us at ease and made us so comfortable. I think he seriously changed the whole energy in the room. From there, it was nothing but fun, laughter, and beautiful moments captured. It was one of the best evenings of our lives celebrating with family/friends, and Charleton managed to capture every possible shot that we ever could have wanted without us even really noticing. Our family and friends loved him, and it was a remarkable experience all around. When we received our photos, I seriously started tearing up remembering every little detail and getting to relive the night. Not only that, but the photos really are stunning. They capture our personality and are truly unique. There are at least 300 photos that I honestly am in love with, and that is just unheard of. Charleton is so beyond talented. That fact really goes without saying, because if you take a look at his portfolio, his work obviously speaks for itself. He is passionate about his work and it shows in every aspect of his photos and personality. On top of that, he is a relaxed, genuine, friendly person that really put us at ease and made us feel so wonderful. He is one in a million, and I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for amazing wedding photos and a top-notch experience.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jessica W

Choosing Charleton was the best wedding planning decision we made! The pictures speak for themselves and our friends & family were blown away - he is so talented, creative & up for anything adventurous! He was also very professional but laid back & fun to hang with (as was his... Read More assistant). We can't say enough great things!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jennifer P

My fiancé and I are from NY and were planning to travel to Napa, CA for our engagement photo shoot. Not knowing anyone in the area, we searched the Internet thoroughly for a local photographer whose photos reflected our vision. We wanted someone creative and artistic, someone... Read More who could capture both people and nature in a poetic way. I first found Charleton on Instagram, and his photos literally blew me away. These were the types of photos you only see in famous magazines and galleries. I didn't think we would be able to find and afford such talent, but our dreams came true and we ended up flying out to CA to meet Charleton. He communicated with us leading up to the photo shoot, but we didn't get to meet him until that day. Upon meeting him, we felt like we had known him for a long time. I've never met someone who could make both of us feel so comfortable and natural behind the camera. In addition to being a down to earth, funny, and really amazing guy, Charleton's talent and eye for capturing beauty and special moments are unsurpassed! Whenever he showed us a photo he captured on his camera, we got so excited and couldn't believe the perfection of his raw, unedited shots. He sent us our edited photos with great timing, and we loved all of them. Our family and friends had commented that they've never seen such beautiful photos before. We can't thank or recommend Charleton enough! If you want your photos to be a piece of art and want them to convey your story perfectly, you won't be disappointed with Charleton. We loved his work and enjoyed shooting with him so much that we are flying him out to NY for our wedding next year! We are very excited!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Caitland B

My husband and I were mesmerized by Charleton’s portfolio and knew he had to photograph our wedding in June 2016. We first met Charleton in person during our adventure engagement shoot in Juneau, Alaska. Yeah….not your average engagement photos. We hiked to an ice cave, saw bald... Read More eagles, drank glacier water, and danced in the snow. Charleton created the most spectacular images, one which was even used in a BHLDN email campaign! We still get compliments on these photos, almost a year later. It was a life-changing experience, and something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Fast forward to our wedding day, the morning of I was feeling stressed, and as soon as Charleton arrived, he immediately made me feel calm. He (and Ariel, his incredible assistant) captured our wedding perfectly, from start to finish. I didn’t think it would be possible to out-do our Alaska photos, but he and Ariel did it :). His creativity, professionalism, and passion are unmatched. Charleton was not just our photographer on our wedding day, he was (is) our friend, and the day would not have been the same without him. It was an honor to have our wedding photos taken by such an incredible photographer, and person in general. Put simply, he’s the best, and hiring Charleton is the best decision you could possibly make for your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Logan D

Charleton was awesome, very easy to work with. The pictures are phenomenal. We felt comfortable with him the minute we did our engagement photos. We didn't give him a shot list, he's a professional and doesn't need one. We just said, "Charleton you're in charge, tell us where to... Read More go and what to do." So glad we gave him the reigns, are pictures turned out absolutely phenomenal.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Shannon W

I grew up in the Sacramento area but don't live in the state now. Therefore, my strategy for picking a photographer was to look at www.theknot.com and www.weddingwire.com and pick the top 10 rated venues in the area and look at them. Then, I asked for all of their preferred... Read More vendor lists and called all of the wedding photographers that were on at least 2 preferred lists. After talking with 4 photographers, I knew Charleton would be the best. He was the most honest, helpful, fun and professional photographer we could have asked for. We also knew by looking at his website and talking with him that his work was outstanding. We had never been photographed professionally before and he made us feel so comfortable and helped to ensure the poses were great. We felt very at ease as if he wasn't even there taking photos of us all day. Now that we have our pictures, they are even better than we thought. The pictures are absolutely amazing and he captured every special moment of our wedding day perfectly. He is definitely worth adding to your wedding vendor list because you won't be disappointed. I am amazed at our pictures and we get compliments from so many people on them. I would definitely recommend Charleton if you want once in a lifetime pictures for your special day.

Reviewed on 2/07/2016

Best Decision Since Proposal Being recently married, I can understand how stressful and possibly hectic preparing for your wedding day may be. There could be doubt of whether or not you made the correct choice in an area of your wedding. Let me alleviate some of your stress... Read More now. Hiring Charleton Churchill Photography to capture the day is the surest choice you will make. If you are simply perusing The Knot to see what your options are, go to his website and feast your eyes upon his incredible portfolio. You will see when moving through his blog or stock images he has taken incredible photographs in nearly any environment. Be confident in the fact that when you hire him you will have incredible images no matter if your wedding is indoors or outdoors, perfect weather or pouring rain, and if your guest list holds thirty people or two-hundred and thirty people. Charleton is a very efficient in his administrative discipline. I received very immediate feedback upon first reaching out to him via his website. I liked that he was very clear and open in his photography packages and what I may expect from him. Meeting with Charleton in person, he walked through the entire schedule with us beginning with where we were getting ready straight through to the walkout. We arrived to the meeting with a basic outline of the wedding and left with a detailed schedule to maximize our efficiency for our wedding portrait, adding to our peace of mind leading up to the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, Charleton arrived early and was well prepared. He had previously been to our venue and already had an idea of where and what kind of images he wanted to take. My wife and I told Charleton to take as much creative freedom as he would like as we trusted his judgment in what would look good. However, he did ask if there were any specific photos we would like to have happen through the day and made sure to cover what we asked for. Finally, we loved the little snippets of our wedding Charleton shared through social media adding to our excitement to see the full catalog of images to come. My wife and I strongly urge any reader looking for a photographer to pursue hiring Charleton Churchill photography as this will be the most confident and rewarding choice you will make since popping the question.

An artist without equal

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Eleni A

My wife and I had the sincere honor of working with Charleton for our engagement and wedding photography. We'd previously met him (and loved him) when he photographed by wife's sister's wedding. He is everything we could have ever wanted in a wedding photographer. He's a... Read More wonderful, kind, funny, and thoughtful person with a tremendous romantic streak. He's an artist who is phenomenally dedicated to his craft. He's a brilliant photographer, with skills to suit any wedding. Our several experiences with him have been delightful, through and through. My wife and I learned to trust his eye and his instincts, and we have been blown away by his work every single time we've met with him. Even watching him work is a pleasure; you can tell that he loves what he does. He puts so much of himself into his work. Talk to him. Trust him. You'll be more than happy you did.

SIMPLY AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Charleton is far superior to any other wedding photographer out there. The quality of his photos are simply amazing, his eye for creativity is stunning, and his adventure like attitude towards getting the right shot is like something i've never see before. As a Graphic... Read More Designer myself, I have worked very closely with many photographers throughout my career but not many can convey the feeling and emotions Charleton's photos seem to capture. As a couple we searched though countless portfolios but once we came across Charleton's work we knew we found the guy for the job. Charlton is consistently more expensive then most of his competition but you get what you pay for. With that said quality especially on my wedding day was not something we were willing to compromise. Thank You Charlton, your work is simply amazing :) Gary & Adriana

Best photographer!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Tahnee A

Charleton And I had worked together before my wedding even became a thought. He was amazing at making me and my husband to be feel comfortable at a mock wedding photoshoot we did. When it came time do our own real engagement and wedding photos, I didn't think of anyone else!... Read More The day of the wedding went smoothly, him and his amazing crew were waiting for us when we got there, scoping out good spots for pictures, making sure those important to photos looked good and behaved themselves. Couldn't ask for a better photographer!

Awesome photographer

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Neera C

Charleton and team are unsurpassed the best in NorCal. High quality photos which turned out stunning - we continue to get loads of compliments of how our pictures turned out! Highly recommend!!!

Brilliant, passionate, and fun

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 A

Charleton is so down to earth and easy going. When we were a little behind schedule, he wasn't pushing to get going. He made us feel so comfortable. My husband is not one for pictures and by the end of our 2 days of shooting he was asking about adventure modeling. Being apart of... Read More his creative process was such a joy. Watching him come alive in the trees and rock was such a privilege. Don't put him in a box. Let him explore and you'll be amazed at what he will produce. There aren't words to describe the care Charleton has for his work and his couples. I feel so blessed to have him document our wedding day! Brides, if you're scared to get your wedding dress dirty, don't wear it- it's inevitable. You can get some seriously amazing photos if you go off the beaten path with Charleton.

Charleton exceeds expectations

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 briana m

Booking Charleton was without a doubt one of the easiest and best decisions that my husband and I made while planning our wedding. His work is outstanding and exceeded all of our expectations...it also doesn't hurt that he just so happens to be one awesome, well rounded... Read More individual! He made not only myself feel comfortable in front of the camera, but our entire bridal party as well. Both of our families also commended his professionalism. BOOK CHARLETON! We can promise you that he will make all your wedding photo dreams come true photos!

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Nicole H

Charleton is the most amazing, talented, and creative photographer. Plus, he is laid back and makes you feel comfortable. The quality of his work is exceptional.My pictures are like something from a magazine and I couldn't be more happy. His assistant photographers are amazing... Read More too! Ariel went above and beyond photography when she helped my mom do my bustle & tape the bridesmaids boobs in their dresses so they wouldn't have to keep pulling them up! Definitely worth the $$. :)

Captures Moments... Not just pictures

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Mitch C

My wife and I recently got married at the Ritz Carlton up in Lake Tahoe and chose to have Charleton as our photographer. Our wedding had ~40 attendees, and our goal was not to have a traditional wedding, but more of a party. Needless to say, Charleton nailed it and captured the... Read More atmosphere perfectly! The moment we added him as a Friend on Facebook, he sent us a message asking if we were interested in his services. We hadn't even reached out to him... all we did was add him and he reached out to US! Shortly thereafter, he arranged to do a Skype session since he preferred to get to "know us" in person rather than over the phone. The first experience was fantastic! It wasn't just the quality of his work, but he truly made us feel comfortable and like he actually cared about us during the first interaction. It's worth noting here that we planned our wedding while living in Houston, and actually uprooted, changed jobs and moved to Miami in the middle of the planning process, which at times made us somewhat unresponsive to the vendors we were working with. However, throughout the entire process, Charleton was always attentive and responsive, even when we weren't! One of our main goals of our wedding was to not get too wrapped up in the "process" part of it, meaning we wanted low-maintenance vendors who were able to run the show without needing their hand held the whole day. We got exactly that with Charleton. On the day of the wedding, Charleton showed up exactly when he said he would, and was incredibly low-maintenance the entire time. In fact, we discussed after the fact that we hardly knew he was there, but somehow managed to snap over 1000 pictures! After the wedding, Charleton was very proactive in letting us know when our pictures would be done, and even posted some previews on Facebook which both us and our families truly enjoyed. Overall, the experience was better than we ever could have hoped for. If there was an option for a 6th star, that's the rating he would get. Going with any other photographer would be a mistake!

Artistic Photos!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Jennifer B

Charleton was a pleasure to work with. He was professional through and through. He focused all his attention on us, the bride and groom, and really worked with us to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We have beautiful photographs that we will be able to look... Read More back on fondly throughout the years. Thank you, Charleton!

Stunning photos, dedicated to perfection

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Megan C

We hired Charleton for our Sonoma winery wedding in August and he was fabulous--best decision ever. While all worthwhile wedding photography can be pricey, his prices were pretty competitive, especially when you consider his skills. Being very specific with shots I wanted, he... Read More delivered exactly what I requested and then some! Our photos are simply stunning, and all of our friends commented specifically on the photography skills. Leading up to the wedding, Charleton was very attentive and I had full confidence going into the wedding day that he would be remarkable. We hired a second photographer as well, which I highly recommend--it gave us more shots and more angles to work with. On the day of the wedding, Charleton and meant BUSINESS. No dilly dallying around, no chit chat--he was there to do a job, and he did it fantastically! We had so many pictures to choose from! Charleton sent us soooo many pictures and we could do whatever we wanted with them, which was nice. Very professional, amazing photographer--highly recommend him!

Charleton Churchill

Adventurer, destination wedding photographer based in northern California, survivor of last year's Mt. Everest earthquake while shooting a wedding near Base camp, dangerous coffee drinker, hiker of many mountains (I started in photography training for Mt.Everest summit). Father, husband of three daughters and an amazing wife, child of God, speaker, instructor. Live like you mean it.