You only have 1 chance to make a first impression

Add elegance and flair to your special event with the unique touch of hand-lettered calligraphy. Your style and look can be highlighted by formal to funky lettering on envelopes, seating cards and signage. We have the experience to make your event reflect your style.

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

725 LaGrange Street, Boston, MA (617) 327-6041

BEAUTIFUL Calligraphy!!! (And at reasonable prices, too.)

Reviewed on 9/01/2013

Hi Jan! Just a quick note to tell you how much we (and everyone who has gotten our invitation) have been enjoying your beautiful calligraphy. The most frequent comment is that they can't believe someone can do such gorgeous work by hand!! (In fact, I've had to convince... Read More people that you've done it that way!) Anyway, we couldn't be more pleased, and we thank you for accommodating us with the exact style that my daughter wanted. She opened her invitation so carefully, so that she'll be able to frame the envelope, as well as the invitation. :)) You can be sure that, if anyone asks me for a recommendation, I will be giving your name! THANK YOU!!

2013-09-01T11:27:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your comments. I enjoyed working with you and I'm so happy that your daughter was so enthusiastic!

Gorgeous Calligraphy!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Meghan F

Jan did the calligraphy for our wedding and her work is exquisite! She matched the ink color of our invitations perfectly and we got so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful lettering on our envelopes! Jan took plenty of time to meet with me and my fiance to... Read More discuss exactly what we wanted. Her work is amazing and she is also fantastic to work with. She responds quickly to questions and even helped with some etiquette questions such as how to properly address an envelope to 2 doctors. Jan's work is truly art-- it is that special touch that takes a wedding to the next level. I highly recommend Jan Boyd Calligraphy!

Jay Boyd Calligraphy is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Karen G

I truly can't say enough great things about Jan Boyd Calligraphy. She did all of the calligraphy on our envelopes, table cards, and she also created a beautiful seating chart for us. Not only is Jan incredibly talented, but she is friendly and easy to work with. She listened... Read More to our ideas, but we also 100% trusted her to be creative because that is how good she is. She helped make the invitation process worry free and everything she does has great attention to detail and it's beautiful!! I would recommend her to absolutely anyone.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Daliena S

Jan did a fabulous job addressing our save the dates and wedding invitations. She has so many beautiful fonts to choose from and took great care with every envelope. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 E B

Jan was recommended to us as the "premier calligrapher" in New England and her work on our wedding stationery most definitely lived up to that reputation. Without exception, our wedding guests, who hailed from all over the world, were in awe for Jan's elegant and sophisticated... Read More Cezanne handwriting. She especially impressed many of our European friends and family with her work! But Jan does not only deliver a stunning final product, also the process of working with her is terrific. She is incredibly kind and thoughtful and shares her views in a most gentle way. It is a real joy to interact with her. In sum, if you are looking for a calligrapher who can deliver a top-notch product that will elevate your stationery, Jan is your go-to person.

2016-11-22T18:17:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this review. You and your husband were a delight to work with through the whole process. I hope we'll have a chance to work together again!

Beautiful Work

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jen F

I used Jan Boyd Calligraphy for my wedding invitations and place cards. She did a beautiful job on both. My colors were purple and gray, so Jan made a charcoal gray color, which matched the color of the invitations. She has a variety of calligraphy fonts to choose from. I also... Read More did not like how the “r” was formed in one font so she was able to use the “r” from another font with the main font that I liked. She was very professional and completed the work in a short time frame. She was very quick to respond to any emails and questions I had. I would absolutely recommend using Jan Boyd Calligraphy.

Bride

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 cassie b

Jan, You were perfectly able to envision and execute the look that we wanted for our invitation suite and escort cards. We received so many compliments on the invitations. You were also professional, timely, and responsive. In a chaotic year of wedding planning, it has... Read More been a pleasure working with you. We will most certainly contact you for other events and occasions. Thank you!

Most incredible invitations ever

Reviewed on 8/06/2013 Olivia B

Jan is truly an exceptional artist. We had a vision, yet she was able to do so much more with it while still keeping it perfectly aligned with what we asked. This is a remarkable calligrapher and any bride would be lucky to have her.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 beth m

The envelopes and escort cards Jan created for us were so beautifully done. We were so happy and beyond impressed with the finished product! Jan is wonderfully talented and a true pleasure to work with. She has a calm and kind way about her, and is very professional and... Read More knowledgeable. She even answered all of my etiquette questions about how to address envelopes, as well as some general wedding questions. I would highly, highly recommend using Jan Boyd Calligraphy!!

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Mary W

Jan did the calligraphy for our daughter's wedding invitations and escort cards and both were exquisite. We received many compliments and people truly noticed the grace and elegance of hand lettering that Jan does with perfection. She even matched the color of the ink to the... Read More engraved invitations. In addition to her fine skills, she is a joy to work with, responding quickly to questions and special needs. If you choose Jan, you will be thrilled with the results.

Jan Boyd Calligraph

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Caitlin L

Jan is fantastic! She did my wedding invitation envelopes and they came out just beautifully and totally exceeded my expectations. She has a large selection of different fonts and styles, is very very accommodating and easy to work with. Her prices are competitive and fair,... Read More and all in all I am so happy! My guests have been raving about how beautiful the invitations are and I can't thank Jan enough

Exquisite

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Jayme F

Jan was recommended to us by our invitation designer. We knew Jan was the calligrapher for us after seeing some samples on her website. This woman is a true artist! Our invitations are absolutely stunning! Jan and her assistant are extremely professional and easy to communicate... Read More with. We simply cannot wait until our guests receive their invites as I am sure they'll be blown away!

Great!

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Molly Q

We were so impressed with Jan. The envelopes were beautiful! We were not on top of finding a calligrapher so were looking last minute and had been turned away from other calligraphers because our paper was too soft. Jan not only took our paper and our timeline, the result... Read More was perfect.

2012-01-17T11:00:41 Response from the vendor

Hi Molly and Syd,Thank you for your lovely comments! It was great working with you and I am so pleased that you were happy with the hand calligraphy and the turnaround time. I hope to work with you again for all your calligraphy needs in... Read Less Read More

Jan Boyd

Jan has been creating hand-lettered calligraphy for weddings and other occasions for over 25 years.