Moments Between Moments

We welcome bold and free spirited couples in Dallas, Fort Worth, Denton, Texas, and wherever their love takes us.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, All of Texas (469) 396-8121
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Kassandra S

My Groom and I have had the privilege of knowing Melissa (and Nick) for most of our actual relationship, so having them shoot our wedding journey was very personal and important to us! She has a gift for incorporating her personality into her work by finding the most elegant and... Read More creative shots - I mean, she helped make magic out of a DOUBLE rainbow that popped-up on our wedding day, come on! :) I also think her charming quirk helped her find the shots that were most reflective of who we are as a couple. During our engagement shoot, my bridal shoot, and our wedding day, she had so many suggestions that worked for us and our style. It truly felt effortless on my part because she was so creative with whatever happened to be in the area (foliage, buildings, backgrounds, etc). Mel asked questions that never occurred to me and truly helped guide us in any way possible. She was knowledgeable about her role (fancy equipment that seemed to appear out of nowhere and quality work), but helped support us in planning, directing, and giving feedback on the events of the night. Her easy confidence helped me feel more calm and collected during the Big Day and those leading up to it. I am not a person who is comfortable with all of the attention included in a wedding, but Mel really helped boost my ego during the shoots leading up to our wedding day - she has a very sincere way of making you feel amazing! The quality of her work, as well as the ease in accessing it has been very nice. Not only did we have sneak-peeks the days following important dates, but the editing was done so quickly! We had access to hundreds of photos in what seemed like no time. I am SO happy that we chose Melissa Claire Photography for such an important life event and will surely be calling on her for future life events. Thanks, Mel and Nick! :D

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Kimberly R

Melissa is the absolute best! I cannot believe I found my dream photographer in real life. We had so much fun shooting our engagement session with Melissa, she made us feel super comfortable and gave amazing direction. By the end of the shoot I felt like a natural, and forgot... Read More she was even there, we had a great time. She has some amazing ideas and advice, and is super responsive. When we got our engagement photos, I was so happy they exceeded my expectations! We looked like super models, but more importantly we looked happy! The day of my wedding was such a whirlwind and of course we (the bridal party) were late getting the the venue. Melissa still made sure we got all of the shots we wanted, and did an amazing job keeping us on schedule! It was a hot day, and Melissa worked her butt off! I will be forever grateful to her and Nick for their work. My photos absolutely captured the emotion and mood of the day perfectly. And every single image is beautiful, so hard to nail down favorites! By far the best money I spent for my wedding. Thank you Melissa!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Prince F

Melissa was awesome through the entire process! She is so helpful and organized and definitely loves what she does! Our engagement photos turned out great and I can't wait to see the rest of the wedding! She and her partner stayed engaged with the guests and worked their butts... Read More off the entire day. She didn't miss a hug, group shot, dance circle, or special moment. Working with her was the highlight of my wedding planning experience. Her service was a great value and she earned every penny! Thank you so much Mel and Laura!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Kate S

Melissa shot our wedding this past December and was amazing! She is super professional and took some beautiful shots. She managed to wrangle my massive family and worked so well with the not so great lighting of a night wedding! I would definitely recommend her :)

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Cassidy C

Melissa and Nick were an absolute dream to work with. They were sweet and patient (something that is needed when dealing with people in a wedding). Melissa can use the light like no other photographer I have seen. She worked with me to get exactly what I want and she has... Read More wonderful ideas. She created a timeline that worked for me and my husband. She made the day absolutely amazing. The photos are fantastic and exactly what I wanted. I recommend Melissa Claire Photography to anyone I hear is getting married. She was really that amazing.

Reviewed on 4/22/2017 Rachel H

My husband and I were so fortunate to have Melissa (and Nick!) as our photographers, and we cannot recommend them more highly. Melissa is incredibly talented and knowledgeable, and she perfectly captured our wedding day with photos we will treasure forever. From our initial... Read More phone conversation with her to the days leading up to the wedding, she was communicative and always available for our seemingly endless questions. She was so helpful as we navigated the often overwhelming process of wedding planning. I felt nervous going into my bridal portrait session, but Melissa's patience, humor, and enthusiasm made me feel instantly comfortable. From the bridal portraits to the wedding , Melissa delivered amazing photos that perfectly matched our vision. We absolutely loved working with her and would refer any couple in search of a photographer to Melissa Claire Photography!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Josey K

Melissa was the photographer for my wedding, and I am so completely thankful I found her!!! She was so fun, and easy to work with! She made sure you felt completely comfortable, and totally natural when taking pictures. She answers any and all questions you have before, during,... Read More and after the wedding. I had so much fun with her and she got the PERFECT shots for my special day! I have had so much fun showing off my amazing photos and am so blessed to have so many pictures that perfectly capture the happiness and love on that day. She is so helpful with how to situate you and make it look perfect for the photos. I am so thankful, and I recommend her to everyone looking for stunning, memorable, and romantic photos of their wedding day! Thank you so much, Melissa!! 💚

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Debra S

I definitely recommend Melissa Claire Photography. Melissa was recommended to me and what a blessing! As soon as I spoke with Melissa I knew right away that she was the perfect person to shoot my daughter's wedding. I was immediately impressed with the photographs in her... Read More portfolio as well as how quickly she responded to my calls and emails. She was very flexible in setting up our meetings. Melissa is a very talented photographer. She is professional and fun with a warm and friendly personality. She is always prompt and very easy to contact by phone or email. I think this is very important when you are trying to coordinate various schedules and set up meetings. She is flexible and easy to work with. Melissa asks questions and listens. That is so important in building a good working relationship with your photographer. She wants to know about you and I think this shows in her photographs. Her photographs capture the essence of her subjects and the spirit of the moment. She works to ensure that you get your desired shots. I was very impressed with how Melissa takes the time to meet with you before any photographs have been taken. I think this has a lot to do with how wonderful her photographs turn out. Melissa did my daughter's wedding portraits and wedding/reception photographs.Melissa is very helpful and patient and guided us through the wedding photography process. On the day of the wedding Melissa and her second shooter, Nick (her sweet husband), did a smooth job of taking the photographs. They were non intrusive yet captured every moment. How did they do that? They are very talented, professional, friendly, calm, caring, attentive and organized. Melissa is a hard worker. She sent us some sneak previews the very next day after my daughter's wedding. WOW! My friends couldn't believe we got pictures the very next day! One month later- we have a flash drive of ALL of our photographs! So much fun! The photographs are beautiful. The photographs by Melissa are a collection of artistic and candid shots which document and tell the story of one of the happiest days of our family's lives and which will always be cherished! Planning a wedding has its stressful moments; Melissa Claire Photography was one of the least stressful and most enjoyable parts of planning my daughter's wedding! Melissa is a gem!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 David T

Talented, professional and fun are just a few of the words I'd use to describe Melissa and Nick. Being photographed isn't necessarily the most comfortable thing, but Melissa and Nick made it very natural and fun for us, both the engagement and wedding photos. We loved the... Read More results of both and cannot imagine anyone capturing our wedding the way they did.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 David T

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jill F

Having Melissa as our photographer for our wedding was the best decision we could have made! She captured everything perfectly! She had suggestions for our engagements pictures and had a timeline for our wedding day, plus she somehow made us look like models in our pictures ;)... Read More Working with Melissa and Nick was like working with good friends!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jill F

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Evelyn P

The most important vendor of our wedding, to us, was the photographer. Our venue was the Perot Museum, and the entirety of the wedding and reception was to be indoors, and at night. Most photographers, it seemed, preferred to shoot outside utilizing natural light.... Read More Photographers who DID have good indoor photos charged well over $4,000 for 5 hours of time, and limited printing rights with limited sizes available. We were beginning to get very disheartened when we stumbled across Melissa. Her nighttime photos, be they outdoors or inside, were great. She posted her package pricing on her website. Full printing rights to our photos! Less than half the cost of other photographers! We quickly scheduled a consultation with her, meshed well with her relaxed but focused personality, and booked her that same day. Our engagement session had us introduced to Nick, her husband and second shooter, and the two worked as an excellent team while coaching us through poses and spotting great shooting areas for our Arts District photos. Mel met with us about a month prior to the wedding to work through a timeline, and the day of our wedding things went smoothly—first look and bridal party photos were taken according to the timeline (but we never felt rushed), and they captured images unobtrusively during the ceremony. Formal portraits were planned ahead of time, and even with 20+ members of my family present, they were done within 20 minutes so our guests could enjoy cocktail hour. Mel and Nick took some great candids during the reception, and stepped in several times to wrangle “one more picture!” family members (it will happen to you. Let them save you.). We’ve only seen our sneak peeks so far, but between them and the engagement photos, we can assure you that the photo quality is well over the price charged. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

Melissa and Nick were more than I could have asked for on my wedding day. Kind, thoughtful, genuine, organized, comforting- these are just a few of many words to describe these two! I wanted to skip a lot of the more traditional wedding events, and Melissa assured me there... Read More would still be plenty to capture, and she was right! They got every single moment between us and our guests. They kept us on track throughout the evening, were so courteous to our guests, and I seriously just didn’t have to worry about a thing. She even suggested we sneak away and take some nighttime photos in downtown Fort Worth- these ended up being my favorite photos, and my favorite part of the evening. Our photos were mailed to us within 2-3 weeks on the cutest flash drives; they were all beautiful. Planning my wedding turned out to be a really difficult time for me, and choosing Melissa Claire was the best decision I made- two sweet, wonderful, talented people! Thank you so much, Melissa and Nick!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Casey U

Melissa and Nick did a fantastic job! Their relaxed personalities put you at ease, and Melissa does an amazing job at getting back to you fast. Melissa had great recommendations for engagement and bridal portrait locations, and she was very organized for the day of the... Read More wedding. She really has an eye for capturing those perfect moments; I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a high quality wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Marissa D

Melissa is amazing!! She did our engagement and our wedding photos. From the beginning, Melissa was super easy to work with; meeting with us when it fit our schedule, listening to our vision and what we wanted, even helping me decide on outfits! She and Nick are so fun to work... Read More with, and really do make you feel comfortable. My husband and I are more of the "awkward" type, and she was able to capture our true personalities and the fun in our relationship. Our wedding was small, courthouse affair, but she still captured so much emotion in all of the photos! I literally cried going through them. We didn't have a schedule for after the ceremony and she stayed with us for more than an hour, getting amazing photos set in Downtown Fort Worth. Melissa was friendly with our small wedding party, making everyone comfortable! She is so fun, personable, and really has an eye for photography. Melissa captures the best version of you, and will provide you with the best experience and photos of your day. Thanks Melissa! <3

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Jessica H

There are not enough words to describe how much I loved working with Melissa. She always responded to my emails quickly and made sure my wedding day went perfect. i loved her energy during my bridal portraits and she made me feel so comfortable. She is very organized and made... Read More sure we were on schedule with pictures so we had time to enjoy our reception. I will always use her for any pictures we may need and the future and would recommend her to everyone!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2016 Monica B

Melissa and Nick are the ones to trust and choose for your big day!! When I was thinking of who would photograph Jesse and I's wedding, Melissa came immediately to mind. I had seen so many of her lovely photos, and knew I wanted the same for myself and our family. I am so... Read More happy I chose them! They go above and beyond to get everything just right. Their passion for their clients is one of the things that makes them so special. She met with me a few times to discuss ideas and details for our special day, and for my bridal shoot. I really appreciated her open mindedness, her ability to share my vision, and for all the helpful tips she gave me. It really meant a lot to me to have our family's photographed, because I know generations later will look at these. She was very attentive, and even though things got chaotic with all the visiting, excitement, and drinks, she was able to take so many amazing photos that I truly cherish. The lighting on all of them is perfect! So many details were creatively photographed as well. I look forward to looking through these photos for the rest of my years. Melissa and Nick are a great team with lots of experience, are very professional and can take a damn good photo!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

One word...AMAZING! Melissa Claire Photography did such an amazing job on my engagement pictures and wedding day! Melissa and Nick make you feel so at ease during the process and they both have such an eye for detail! They captured so many wonderful candid pictures as well.... Read More Melissa and Nick were very quick and professional at getting photos done after our ceremony so that we could enjoy our reception! 5 Stars from us!!! My husband and I highly recommend this company and look forward to them capturing many more family memories for us!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

Melissa Claire did both my engagement and wedding pictures!! She was absolutely phenomenal and was such a warm-hearted person who made you feel instantly at home with her!! She has such a gift, talent, and love for what she does which is displayed in what she is able to capture!... Read More We loved both her & Nick they were such a great team together and such kind people but they had an artsy edge that we loved! We also loved how they blended into the background so much on wedding day and just captured every part of our wedding in a natural way! They knew what they wanted to capture and captured all the perfect angles, moments, and memories!! We loved them! Thanks Melissa & Nick! You guys were great!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Mary L

Melissa Clair Photography did all the photos of our engagement and wedding. She was with us for almost 12 hours on the day of our wedding and we got over 1000 wonderful photos. Melissa is a wonderful person and I am so glad that I chose her to be our photographer. Our wedding... Read More reception was at the Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington and so was our engagement session so I wanted someone who had done sessions there before. There were very few photographers that have but Melissa was one. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the DFW area who wants a photographer that is very down to earth and will make your day truly exceptional. I know we will definitely use her in the future for family and maternity photos.

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Kristin Y

Melissa was absolutely amazing. She did both my engagement and wedding photos. You can tell she's very passionate about photography, and she's truly there to make sure you have a wonderful experience and wonderful photos. She was extremely prompt in answering all my questions... Read More and emails, which is a big plus for me. Her pricing was straightforward and she didn't try to upsell me on anything. The quality of the photos I received was amazing, and I have received TONS of compliments. I liked that I dealt directly with Melissa and not a large company- the experience was much more personal. Her pricing was also way more reasonable than some of the other photographers I checked out (and I checked out lots). And we were able to obtain a flash drive with all our photos that many companies don't offer or charge a ton of money for. I would recommend her services like a million times over. For real. I don't even like writing reviews but Melissa definitely deserves some praise!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Marci B

Melissa and Nick did such a wonderful job with our engagement and wedding photos. A friend highly recommended her. From the very first meeting, Melissa always made me and my husband feel comfortable and important. We were so happy with all of our photos and their... Read More professionalism. At the wedding, she made sure everything was going smoothly and was good at giving direction and capturing the most special moments. We couldn't have been happier with the quality of her work, and how she captured one of the best moments in our lives!

Professionals with HEART!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Kelsey R

I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about this team! Mel and Nick were professional from day one, even helping me stay on track with timing shoots and wedding day prep! They captured perfect moments throughout our day, and I cried tears of joy looking through the pictures... Read More they took. Putting aside how organized and 'on top of things' they are, and how thoughtful they were about our wants/needs, they are FUN!! It was a joy to work with them, and I don't know how many wedding vendors you can say that about. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for the perfect photographers to capture their big day.

Melissa & Nick are the BEST!

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Ashleigh A

Melissa and Nick are such an awesome, sweet, and professional team of photographers! From the first time we spoke, they were honest, flexible, and accommodating. We always felt comfortable with them, and their photographs are creative and beautiful. Also, during the wedding,... Read More they were able to capture amazing photos without interrupting the ceremony or anything else. I am not usually one to recommend ANYTHING, but I whole-heartedly recommend Melissa and Nick to document your wedding! :)

Melissa Claire

My style is genuine, vibrant, and romantic - with an artistic edge! After receiving my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from The University of Texas at Arlington in May 2010, I fell in love with documenting and telling stories through photographs. Not only will you have beautiful images to remember your wedding day, I always aim to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere! Let's grab a coffee and discuss your vision together - my treat!